San Diego Events Lighting Company Reviews

San Diego Events Lighting Company 7
  • Patricia

Patricia · Married on 11/10/2018

Great quality and value!

I emailed several different vendors for pricing and San Diego Events Lighting was the most reasonable. Maria was super responsive via email and really easy to work with. She let us add last minute additions to the contract as well. We rented market lights and an ivory backdrop and it turned out lovely. I highly recommend this company!!

Sent on 11/17/2018

Altara · Married on 08/04/2018

SD Events Lighting provided a large ivory backdrop, amber uplights and market lights for a 60th birthday party that I hosted at The Prado @ Balboa Park recently and I was beyond pleased with their services! From first contact through the day of event, Maria was very knowledgeable, responsive, professional and provided her expert opinion when requested.

For this particular event, I was going for an elegant ambiance; however, I also wanted to maintain an economically friendly budget overall. That said, decor wasn't a main priority so I did go back and forth w/ myself trying to decide whether or not SD Events Lighting would be "worth" the investment. Let me tell you...it was definitely worth it!! The decor was beautiful and my guest raved about the overall ambiance that it helped to create! I highly recommend SD Events Lighting for your next event!

Sent on 08/09/2018

Jessica · Married on 05/27/2018

I decided to do my wedding on the Hornblower yacht and wanted to make it look elegant. Working with San Diego Events Lighting Company gave the edge that venue needed. From the first email to finally meeting Maria in person, it was very professional and the pricing was reasonable. Maria was very willing to work with the wedding coordinator to discuss the specifics and she was able to make great recommendations for me. She is flexible and even willing to work with me with a month left out to the wedding day (over Memorial Day weekend!). If you're considering making your venue amazing for your wedding, you need to contact San Diego Events Lighting Company.

Sent on 05/30/2018

Alli · Married on 04/13/2018

Maria was so great to work with for our wedding at Scripps Seaside Forum! She was SO helpful and offered her expertise above and beyond, especially when we weren't exactly sure what color to do for our backlighting, and she perfectly recommended a beautiful amber color that complimented our wedding colors. Everything went super smooth the day of and she made sure it went smooth at the end of the night when talking to my Mother when she was taking down everything!! That moment sticks in my Mom's mind as she was super sweet to making sure the night when smoothly and that we were happy with the lighting- amazing customer service. Thank you so much, Maria!!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Sandra · Married on 10/28/2017

From the initial phone call/meeting Maria and her team made everything seamless! The result was a beyond beautiful room for the reception!

Sent on 11/08/2017

Anne · Married on 10/13/2017

SD Events Lighting was wonderful! They not only were the best priced, they were the most professional! I would recommend them for any event!!

Hi Anne,
    Thanks so much for the kind words. It was such a pleasure working with you! I enjoyed how the parallel design for the Market Lights at the Bali Hai turned out.
    Good call!!

Julio · Married on 10/12/2017

Our event was a 70th anniversary of doing business at Standard Plumbing. San Diego Lighting was one time to set up the lighting. They set up superb mood lighting. (Our event was in the evening.) They came right on time to "tear down" the lights. They were extremely professional, knowledgeable and friendly.

Sent on 12/07/2017

Kimberly · Married on 09/23/2017

Maria was wonderful to work with, and the lighting she created for the reception turned a relatively plain ballroom into a warm and glowing and romantic space. She was actually early the day of the wedding as she was concerned to "get it right" - and... under budget! Thank you Maria for helping to make my daughter's day so special!

Sent on 11/01/2017
    San Diego Events Lighting Company 8
    San Diego Events Lighting Company 9
    San Diego Events Lighting Company 10

Melissa · Married on 09/03/2017

Our wedding was on 9/3/17, and Maria Harman was absolutely amazing! From the very first time we spoke she made me feel very comfortable and worry free with her knowledge of exactly what I wanted. She was always so quick to answer my questions and make sure I had all of the information I needed. Our wedding was at the Oceanview Room on the Sub base in Point Loma and Maria knew that venue very well and knew exactly what to do to be granted entrance onto the Naval base. She made everything so easy for us!

We hired SD Events Lighting for the string lights, lanterns, and up lights. We had clear lights and white lanterns with royal blue up lights. Everything looked beautiful! I had 100% confidence in Maria and her team and they definitely did not disappoint! I HIGHLY recommend them for any and all of your lighting needs! It was a pleasure to work with you! Thank you SO much!

Sent on 01/10/2018

Emily · Married on 08/12/2017

Maria did our lights for our wedding at the Prado and we loved it. She was incredibly professional and was very responsive. The price was great, the lights were beautiful and I would highly recommend them!

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 07/29/2017

Our wedding was on the naval base so we had to have our vendors go through a process to get vetted, and we had no issue with this company. They were prompt in communication, offered us what we were looking for with lighting for a good value, and the wedding day was gorgeous and issue-free. I'd highly recommend this company for your lighting if you're looking for a stress-free, reliable vendor!

Sent on 12/10/2017
    San Diego Events Lighting Company 11
    San Diego Events Lighting Company 12
    San Diego Events Lighting Company 13
    San Diego Events Lighting Company 14
    San Diego Events Lighting Company 15

Traci · Married on 06/24/2017

Maria and the team from San Diego Events Lighting Company are amazing. My interaction with Maria from my initial call for a quote to their breakdown of the fabulous lighting was exceptional. Not only did they meet our budget, they gave us more than we expected.
    Our event's decorations were beautiful, but once the San Diego Events Lighting Company did their thing our event went from elegant to stellar. I have never seen lighting make such a difference in the decor of a room. I was nearly speechless. I will use San Diego Events Lighting Company for any event I have in the future. They are professional, quick and efficient. I couldn't have asked for more.

Hi Traci,
    Thanks so much for the awesome review. It was such a pleasure working with you and making your event beautiful with the backdrop and lighting. Looking forward to crossing paths with you on future events. Thanks again for being such a joy to work with!!

Rachel · Married on 10/09/2016

My husband and I were married in October at the Oceanview room in Point Loma. Maria was incredibly helpful, responded quickly to my lighting inquiries and helped our special day take off without a hitch. Our market lighting was absolutely stunning and her team took care of set-up and take down beautifully and efficiently. I recommend her with the highest regard. Thank you so much, Maria!

Sent on 12/29/2016

Bernadette · Married on 09/17/2016

Maria was so easy to work with. She was able to help with any questions I had and had great suggestions for the event space that we had for our wedding. We ended up using market lights and lanterns inside our venue and it really transformed the space. Maria responds very quickly to e-mails and setting up payment is also very easy. SDELC was able to work with us on our budget as well. On the actual day of the wedding, the team worked quickly to set up the room as there were some hurdles that I learned of that day. They absolutely pulled it off! Tear down was also very efficient. I'm glad Maria and her team could work closely with my wedding coordinator to get the event set up on time. I highly recommend this vendor.

Sent on 12/08/2016
  • Samcast

samantha · Married on 09/16/2016

Maria got back to me right away any time I had questions. Her team is very familiar with the naval base and their security measures so it was a relief they knew how it all would go down.

Sent on 12/09/2016

tristan · Married on 08/27/2016

Maria and her team were a pleasure to work with.
    She was very easy to communicate with, and all of our requests were honored.
    The setup of overhead string lights at our venue were exactly as described.
    No complaints, and she offered the best price for our specific venue.

Sent on 02/07/2017

Betsy · Married on 07/30/2016

Exceeded expectations. Amazing results
    Transformed the space.

Sent on 08/09/2016

Lindsey · Married on 05/16/2015

Maria and Team helped us transform our ballroom into a fantasy land! I literally showed her a picture of what I was thinking and they delivered and then some. Pricing is very reasonable compared to a lot of other companies in the area and the gobo of our monogram on the dancefloor was absolutely amazing!!! Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Hi Lindsey,

Thanks so much for the awesome review! It was a pleasure working with you and your mom! I was able to see you both taking pictures after the ceremony. You're were both absolutely stunning! Unfortunately I couldn't say hi because you were so busy with the photographer. I wish you all the best!!

I cannot say enough positive things about working with San Diego Event Lighting. The color recommendations for up lighting were spot on. You can count on Maria and her team to make your event look awesome!

Sent on 12/18/2014

Blair · Married on 06/13/2014

San Diego Events lighting was probably the easiest of all our vendors to work with. They were very professional and the lighting was beautiful. Maria was very flexible when we changed our end time. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 07/06/2014

Sarah · Married on 04/05/2014

I didn't know lighting would make such a big difference. I used San Diego Events Lighting Company for my wedding that was outdoors and there would not have been the ambiance that was there without them. I didn't have to do any micromanagement. Maria came in and got it done flawlessly. Totally recommend this vendor to anyone doing a big event. The lighting really made a huge difference.

Sent on 04/11/2014

Bella Raduno Weddings and Events · Married on 03/17/2014

Maria is so incredibly passionate about her work and making sure your vision is exactly what you get. She went above and beyond to make sure that our vision was executed to perfection. What sets Maria apart is the fact the she cares so deeply for everyone with whom she works. She demands excellence and professionalism but also is so incredibly genuine. As an event planner, I simply cannot wait to work with her again. Thanks Maria!

Sent on 04/10/2014

Charlie · Married on 03/17/2014

Everything was so beautiful! It couldn't have been more romantic and that was the look we were after. Maria nailed it!

Sent on 04/13/2014

Paul · event on 03/17/2014

Maria of San Diego Events and Lighting is the owner and operator of her business and I had the pleasure of working along side of her setting up for a beautiful detailed wedding for a couple having their destination wedding in San Diego! The up-lighting, pin-spots on the cake, dance-floor-initials monogram and custom hung wall drapery behind the Bride and Groom's head table were simply gorgeous!
    Besides having the details arranged, she and her crew are easy to get along and work with the client, their vendors, the venue staff and wedding and event coordinators by always communicating the necessary information ahead of time and working with the whole to accomplish the goal of a happy Bride and Groom!
    I am proud to say she is my go-to gal for all my lighting and event decorating recommendations!
    Top Notch Maria!!!!

Sent on 04/16/2014

Anna · Married on 03/15/2014

Maria from San Diego Events Lighting was AWESOME. She is full of ideas and is very passionate about what she does. We chose her Wedding Package and then ended up adding additional up-lighting per her suggestion. So happy we did. Our venue (The Prado) looked amazing and really something special. Several guests gave compliments on how beautiful the room was lit and were very impressed. We had a limited budget for decoration (lighting and floral was it) and knew lighting was one thing that was going to give a WOW factor, but I had no idea how big of a WOW it would give. Do not skip lighting in your decor and chose SD Events Lighting, you won't be sorry. Thanks Maria!

Sent on 04/13/2014