Samuel Lahoz Photography Reviews

Samuel Lahoz Photography 3
Samuel Lahoz Photography 4
Samuel Lahoz Photography 5

Eric · Married on 06/23/2018

Samuel was a fantastic photographer and took amazing photos. He was incredibly responsive and flexible to what we liked and didn't like, but more importantly his guidance and artistic eye during our entire wedding--from getting ready up through the reception--resulted in a truly amazing and beautiful collection of photos. He and Jonas were incredibly professional and efficient, and my wife and I could not recommend more enthusiastically that you use them for your wedding. For the amount and quality of photos, Samuel and Jonas were a great value.

Julia · Married on 08/13/2017

Samuel did such a wonderful job really capturing the spirit of our wedding - his warmth and sense of humor during our meetings made us feel like we were in great hands, and we absolutely were. Our photographs really show how lovely the day was - not all about us, but about the great company we had as well. And all my friends agreed - he couldn't be a nicer guy. I cannot recommend him highly enough!

Samuel Lahoz Photography 6
    Samuel Lahoz Photography 7
    Samuel Lahoz Photography 8
    Samuel Lahoz Photography 9
    Samuel Lahoz Photography 10

Venetta · Married on 10/22/2016

You will not be disappointed if you choose to have Samuel Lahoz as your photographer. He is a professional who has a very personal touch. He has a passion for his craft and has a talent to capture the best shots. . He makes you feel comfortable and was able to keep me calm on our special day. He captured our precious moments so well. Our photos are full of color, life and precious memories. He also took our engagement photos which were awesome. Sam recommended the venue and time of year to capture the most beautiful scenery. My wedding guests, husband and I are all so pleased with the photos. His prices are very reasonable, especially for the value and what he offers. We made the best decision when we chose Samuel Lahoz!!!

Christine · Married on 09/03/2016

Sam was amazing. Full stop. He fully understood what we were trying to capture and the story we wanted to tell. I don't know how he did it, but each shot seems to capture the all the personalities of the people in the picture. Even the posed/staged shots brought out those personalities. Every time I look at the photos (which came so quickly!) I smile and remember the awesome day we had. I would recommend Sam if you're looking for a photo-journalism style that captures the day and the people as they truly are. And he speaks Spanish -- that was a huge plus for the multicultural bash that we had.

Morgan · Married on 09/27/2014

Samuel Lahoz is an exceptional photographer. Wedding planning can be a daunting task regardless of circumstance and I planned my New York City vows from Washington State, further complicating the process. Overall we had a fairly relaxed agenda and the photography was my main concern from the moment the planning began. It's difficult to trust a near stranger with such an important part of a major life event. I wasn't able to meet Samuel until a week before the ceremony and had to base everything on personal emails and internet reviews with fingers crossed. I cannot give him higher praise. Samuel kept in constant contact and was such a pleasure to work with. My husband doesn't like to be photographed and definitely doesn't like to be directed on how to stand, where to look, etc. and he couldn't have been happier with Sam's approach. Samuel is an artist with a beautiful vision and really brings that out in his work. The entire day was flawless and I am in love with our pictures. Samuel is affordable, professional, comfortable to be around and really more than you could hope for in every way. I can't imagine being anywhere near as pleased working with anyone else.

Blake · Married on 04/16/2014

Professional, knowledgeable, easy to work with and needed very little guidance at our event. He knows what he's doing and it's a pleasure to be able to hire someone with this level of experience and professionalism.

Maryrose · Married on 05/18/2013

Samuel is an amazing photographer and we were so lucky to have him shoot out wedding. We didn't want too many posed photos but more natural, capture the moment types of photos and we got a perfect blend of both. Admittedly my husband and I aren't natural hams in front of the camera but we both felt so comfortable. We are even working with Samuel again for a family photo session now that we've added a new member of our family! He's easy to work with, talented and genuinely a nice persons...we couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Marina · Married on 10/29/2011

From the moment Sam & I met, I knew he was a perfect fit. He has a very calming energy about him & knowing what my & my husband's family's are like, Sam was just what I needed! And of course, his photos were gorgeous!
    I was fortunate enough to get married on the only blizzard of the Fall/ Winter 2011/12 season, 10/29/11. Though a stressful start, once I pulled up to the church (an hour late), opened the limo door, there Sam stood, clicking away. I immediately felt a sense of calm after that. I was so thankful he made it out & for all the photos he produced from that day. The pictures he captured are breathtaking and were exactly our style. I was so lucky to have found him and I can't thank him enough for braving the storm (literally) and for capturing some amazing shots. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

• W

Asif · Married on 11/28/2010

Sam was an extremely wonderful photographer to work with. He surely made our special day even more special. He showed up on time and him and his team of photographers worked magic with their lens. We already recommended him to all our friends and family that have special occasions coming up soon. If you are looking for a photographer that wont require you to mortgage your home, Sam is the guy !

Thanks for everything Sam !

Sincerely,
    Asif and Warda Chowdhury

• W

WARDA · Married on 11/28/2010

My pictures came out amazing!!!!

Clea · Married on 10/16/2010

I VERY highly recommend Samuel LaHoz Photography. Sam shot our wedding in October and I can't even keep track of how many people have told me "the photos are amazing!" Working with Sam was more than a pleasure; he was the only photographer that didn't shove a pre-packaged deal down our throats and then present us with daunting, over-sized portfolios of his work. Rather he listened to what we wanted - artistic, candid coverage - and on the big day delivered exactly that and more. Sam never missed a beat from the ceremony to the portraits to my sister's first (and later third) toast. We can't thank Sam enough for his creative insight, consistency and high integrity. I would hire him again in an instant for professional or personal photography.

Laura · Married on 09/19/2010

We chose Samuel to do our wedding photography because we were looking for someone who could capture the emotions of our day in an unobtrusive yet artful way, at a price that was reasonable. We were absolutely not disappointed. He was attentive to our requests and available for questions prior to the day. On the day itself, he and his assistant could not have been more professional or pleasant to deal with. He even kept my young nephew involved by employing him to hide behind and make faces at guests to capture them laughing! Although we wanted plenty of candid shots, he managed to capture some truly beautiful portrait shots also. We are absolutely delighted with the service and final product - truly excellent value.

Diana · Married on 09/12/2010

Sam is an amazing photographer but more than that, he is incredibly professional and kind-hearted. He was always punctual and when disaster hit on our wedding day, Sam the incredible was there to keep us calm and smiling through the day. He very patiently waited for us and ended up staying longer than our contract stipulated. He later made time to help us take some key photos that we were unable to take the day of the wedding. His generosity of spirit is truly rare and I am very thankful for that. I consider myself incredibly lucky to have found someone who not only produces splendid work but also has a lot of heart and is a delight to be around. I was very excited to show Sam off to my husband (then-fiancé) because I knew I had found a wonderful gem (a fact that is effortlessly proven in the amazing photos that he took of us). His work is brilliant and his warm disposition is a breath of fresh air. By the end of the wedding, I truly felt that I had made a new friend. He is amazing...really, really amazing.

Sam LaHoz was truly a pleasure to deal with and shot magnificent photos. The venue was small and low key (thirty guests in a Brooklyn carriage house) and he was able to wring creativity, emotion and beautiful compositions from our little event (big in my eyes, my wedding!). This is not just hyperbole or paid-for spam. I really mean it, Sam has the right stuff and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone. In fact, I recommended him to myself since it's my second time 'round and he was just as good as he was the first time.

Sarah · Married on 06/10/2011

3.0

Samuel was soooo wonderful! My fiance is a little camera shy but the way we took pictures was fun and comfortable, and the second photographer he brought in- I wanna say her name was Stacy, but the day was such a blur I don't recall!- she was awesome too! They worked very well as a team to take the best shots of us and utilized the location very well, everyone was impressed! At the reception they helped friends and family take pics on their own cameras and everyone has been commenting on their friendliness at the reception. I gave a lower score on Responsiveness because if you write him an email, it'll probably take a couple days for him to get back to you, but if you have the patience it's worth it! He was very flexible with our times and location and willing to work within our budget. He was the only photographer I came into contact with that made me feel like he was EXCITED to cover my wedding, instead of me needing to entice him, or like I was just another job. Very nice and professional, definitely recommend!

Nina · Married on 09/05/2010

Sam took the time to get to know us before the wedding and to learn our family dynamics. He was a pleasure to have at the wedding, unobtrusive and still managed to get all the right shots.