Sam Hill Entertainment Reviews

Sam Hill Entertainment 3
Sam Hill Entertainment 4
Sam Hill Entertainment 5

Mallory · Married on 09/06/2015

We had a great experience with booking our wedding band through Sam Hill Entertainment. They were very responsive and upfront about price. They even worked with us and the band to get less members of the band to perform (two members performed acoustically for ceremony and then 4 performed for cocktail hour-there are 5 total members) so that our price was lower. The band was amazing, as expected! Thank you for helping to make our day so amazing!

Sent on 09/17/2015

Joan · Married on 09/06/2015

We hired Affirmative Grove for our daughter's Sept 6 wedding even though we had only seen them on Sam Hill's website and
    we are so happy that we did. They gave a fantastic performance! Everyone- young and old, loved every minute of it!
    No one failed to mention how great the band was and where did I find them and when was I going to have another party with Affirmative Groove!! They truly made the evening unforgettable.

Sent on 10/02/2015

Jana · Married on 08/22/2015

AMAZING! Andy was perfect to work with and the band, Soul Expressions was just OUTSTANDING! They were great to work with our budget and what we were looking for. I wouldn't go anywhere else. They played great music and a good variety. We didn't give them any restrictions and they nailed it! From the singers to the players it definitely made the night just that much better! My husband and I still get comments on the band and we have had several couples ask for their information. They were a little out of our budget, but DEFINITELY work every single dollar! To this day I would book them for any event...makes us want to have a one year anniversary party just to book them! Thanks again Andy for the recommendation and thanks Soul Expressions for a night to remember!

Sent on 11/20/2015

Lori · Married on 08/15/2015

We booked Horizon through Sam Hill and the entire process was great! The company is response and they make sure you book what you are looking for.

Sent on 08/21/2015

Jessica · Married on 08/01/2015

Andrew Juge with Sam Hill Entertainment helped me choose my band (The Jangling Reinharts) and ceremony musician (Peter Richardson). Both were PERFECT and we were incredibly happy with them (and so were our guests!) Andrew is helpful, responsive, and professional. Choosing the music for our wedding and reception could not have been easier - it was honestly one of the easiest decisions of the entire wedding planning process, and that is thanks to Andrew Juge and Sam Hill Entertainment. I would recommend them to any bride and groom!

Sent on 08/13/2015

Kristin · Married on 06/26/2015

I feel like I am giving away Sam Hill's best kept secret. We choose to go with Nocturne for our June wedding. To say they were phenomenal would be an understatement. They completely blew every one of our guests away...each song they sung was better than the next. We couldn't have been happier. We have gotten endless compliments about them and at least a dozen people wanting their information. They aren't your average wedding band (in a good way). At the end of the night, we were unfortunately pulled away to deal with an out of hand guest which caused us to miss the end of our wedding. They were SO gracious to play another song so that we could end our wedding on a positive note. I am so thankful for that! Bonus: Working with Sam Hill and Nocturne was so easy. They listened to what we wanted and didn't want.
    Here are just a few comments from our guests:
    "They could sing everything...and very well!"
    "I loved how they interacted with the crowd! We were on the dance floor all night."
    "I kept thinking a DJ was playing songs, but I had to keep reminding myself that it was live music!"

Sent on 08/14/2015
  • User5195886 · 2+ years ago

We had The Lone Rangers for our daughter's wedding and they were FANTASTIC! Working with Sam Hill and the band was effortless - they were very professional and accommodating. On the day of the event - everything went off without a htich and we had MANY compliments from our guests on the entertainment. I would recommend this band wholeheartedly for weddings or other events.

Sent on 06/22/2015
  • User5200464 · 2+ years ago

Beth:
    I would like to thank you, Sam Hill Entertainment, and especially The Crystal Clear Band for helping make our daughter's wedding a rousing success.
    The band was excellent in their music, voice, and interaction with the guests. They knew every song requested, and was perfect in the songs and arrangements that were selected for the first dances. It was though they were playing them for years.
    I'm glad I don't have to pay for any more daughter's weddings, but if iI did, it would be Crystal Clear.

Sent on 06/23/2015

We booked the band Horizon through Sam Hill Entertainment. Both Sam Hill and Horizon were a pleasure to work with. After calling a few of Horizon's references, we went ahead and booked the band. All of the people I spoke to couldn't stop raving about the band. They learned two songs for us which were my wife's favorite songs. She was so happy when the band closed their final set with the songs. We had so much fun, we were all dancing on stage with the band. I couldn't have asked for a better band for our wedding. The guests are still talking about them two months later! Book Horizon and you won't regret it!

Sent on 08/26/2015

I booked The Lone Rangers for my wedding and they were PHENOMENAL!!! I was so impressed by their initial professionalism and responsiveness; with so many other things to worry about, the last thing you want is your band stressing you out. Great music was a top priority for me and my husband and, without a doubt, The Lone Rangers delivered. They're so energetic and well-rehearsed that I couldn't help dancing all through the sets. They are fantastic musicians and I would recommend them to anyone who puts having a great band at the top of their wedding wish list.

Sent on 09/26/2015

We chose the band Walrus through Sam Hill Entertainment and we were not disappointed! Sam Hill Entertainment was able to take our preferences and find the exact band that we would be happy with. The band was amazing and did a great job of keeping our guests entertained. Unfortunately, there was a problem with the song that we had chosen for the Father/Daughter dance, but they did everything in their power to fix the problem and allow my father and I to dance one more time. I never had a doubt that they would not have done this, but it was nice to know that they cared enough to allow us to have that moment fully.

Sent on 06/10/2015

Andy at Sam Hill Entertainment was such a help finding the right music for our daughter and her fiancée. They love bluegrass and they love to dance. The suggestion was made to have the bluegrass for the ceremony and cocktail hour and then a great dance band for the dinner/party in the barn. It was a perfect combination! They had their first dance in the grass during cocktail hour with their favorite bluegrass song and the bluegrass was perfect during the ceremony. Thanks to Gallatin Canyon for the special moments. Once inside the barn the Jangling Reinharts were great at keeping it calm during dinner and then then they proceeded to wow us with their versatility and party spirit. They are all great musicians and could play so many different, fun songs.

Sent on 06/03/2015

Allison · Married on 05/09/2015

Working with Sam Hill Entertainment has been wonderful - my wedding is still 2.5 months away, but they were so incredibly helpful and responsive a year ago when I started planning this shindig. I think I had a million questions, all of which were promptly answered (no more than 24 hours). They had an EXTREMELY wide variety of artists to choose from, and their website made the selection process easy. They provide a thorough amount of reviews on each band, as well as audio and video clips (when available) for each band. There's even a sample song list! And you can narrow your results by the type of band you are looking for, and your price range. They have so many bands that it's easy to find something that is affordable, and exactly what you are looking for.

I'm so looking forward to working with Sam Hill Entertainment on my wedding day!

Sent on 02/18/2015
  • Krystal & Matt

Krystal · Married on 05/02/2015

We went through Sam Hill Entertainment to book the Crystal Clear Band for our wedding last weekend and were more than pleased with the process, value and the band we chose! Beth worked with me from the start to put together the contract and helped facilitate our wedding reception music/plan. As for the music itself- for anyone looking for a wedding band the Crystal Clear Band is AMAZING! They played through dinner which we got numerous compliments on and then had everyone on the dance floor for the rest of the night. They got on the dance floor with us as well as let me and my husband get on stage with them. We love motown music and they did a great job mixing that in with new stuff too, I let them choose the playlist and I'm so happy I trusted them to do it they did an awesome job. Can't say enough great things about this band!

Sent on 05/10/2015

Kristin · Married on 05/02/2015

We booked Crystal Clear Band though Sam Hill Entertainment and had the most wonderful experience! Crystal Clear Band is AMAZING!! I cannot say enough good things about them. They were the highlight of the reception! If you are in need of a band, look no further and please book this band for your event! Sam Hill Entertainment made for a stress-free process and Crystal Clear Band delivered far and above our already high expectations. Our guests are still talking about them being the best band they've heard and how fun our wedding was due to their performance. We can't thank them enough for making our wedding so memorable and enjoyable for us and our guests. I would HIGHLY recommend Crystal Clear Band and working with Sam Hill Entertainment. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 09/21/2016

The Dickens Band Rocked! That was my favorite part of the wedding!!! All of our guest loved the music as well. I am looking for an excuse to hire them again for an event! They more than lived up to our expectations and provided a show that encouraged everyone to get on the dance floor!

Sent on 12/28/2015

Chris · Married on 04/25/2015

I was going to write reviews for all our vendors but was happy to receive your email to get me started. I will be honest to say that I only heard the 3 processional songs and the recessional songs.

Those sounded very beautiful and the music was just the right volume and pace. I did hear of any difficulties. The process of payment was very easy. They provided an extensive playlist of selections and even offered to arrange a requested
    song for a fair price. They were dressed appropriately and were there on time.

I would not hesitate to recommend the Linden Trio

Sent on 04/27/2015

Extremely easy to work with. Provided helpful suggestions for finding a band, and they were always proactive about making sure we had all the relevant information ahead of time. Plus, the band we booked—Snackbar Jones—was awesome!

Sent on 10/14/2015
  • Daphney

Daphney · Married on 04/17/2015

Sam Hill Entertainment were so professional & helpful from the word go! We knew which band we wanted as we'd heard them play at a bar in NYC & thought they were perfect for our wedding. The Hometown Sweethearts are true musicians & waylan and the guys played a storm at our wedding.

Sent on 05/01/2015
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 03/28/2015

We hired Attraction through Sam Hill Entertainment for our wedding in Savannah, GA. They were AMAZING! The best wedding band I have ever heard. Such professional musicians and so easy to work with. They played all the right music and kept the party going strong all night long. They even let my husband and I sing along - and made us sound pretty good! Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE at our wedding was dancing and having a blast. No cheese, just great songs all night long. If you want an amazing band that will have everyone on the dance floor AND will impress you musician friends, this is the band for you!

Sent on 04/29/2015

Cara · Married on 01/10/2015

I'm a wedding planner and we used Sam Hill to book The Lone Rangers for my clients wedding and they were fantastic! They were incredibly flexible and responsive before the wedding and on the wedding day, they were awesome! Most bands I work with are not very good with things like bridal party introductions, etc but The Lone Rangers were great. Not to mention their performance was fabulous and had everyone dancing all night. Would absolutely hire them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 01/18/2015

Lauren · Married on 11/08/2014

Sam Hill Entertainment helped us find and book a band for our wedding reception. We worked with Frank and he made the process so easy. We gave him ideas on what we were looking for and our budget and he helped us pick HipShack, the best wedding band ever! Both the Band and Frank helped make sure everything was in order for the big day and the Band was AMAZING. My guests were on the dance floor all night and were not ready for it to end. I specifically remember our friends saying this was the best band they had ever heard at a wedding. They really kept the reception going. My husband and I could not have asked for more from Sam Hill or HipShack! Thanks!!!

Sent on 11/13/2014

The entire staff at Sam Hill (we worked primarily with Andrew and Elizabeth) were very easy to work with and helped us find the band that was right for us, which was the Significant Others. We can't say enough about the band (Scott is the band leader) who were very responsive in e-mails and accommodated all of our song and mc'ing requests. Just as importantly, they sounded incredible, and engaged wedding guests from the first song until the end of the evening. We can't even count how many compliments we received from wedding guests, with a few newly engaged couples inquiring how they could book them for next year. We highly recommend the Significant Others and Sam Hill.

Sent on 11/09/2014

Kirsten · Married on 10/11/2014

We booked our band (10 Spot) through Sam Hill Entertainment. The process was really easy from the start. They worked with us to find the right band for the type of music we were looking for and that fit our budget. A couple of months out, they contacted us with a very straightforward questionnaire to fill out, which walked through all the details the band needed to know for the wedding. Over the next several weeks, we exchanged a few calls/emails with the bandleader Gray, who was great. They were totally flexible with our song choices for our first dance, father/daughter, and mother/son - we actually provided a track for our first dance and all we had to do was email it to Gray. The day of, the band showed up well before the ceremony to make sure they had plenty of time to set up/sound check without interfering with anything. During dinner, they played a great low-key mix of music, then moved into some more energetic songs once people started moving to the dance floor. They kept everyone dancing all evening, including my 94 year old grandmother! We received so many compliments from our guests - everyone loved the music and the band. The guys were extremely professional and not cheesy at all - which is not always the case with wedding bands! We were so lucky to have had 10 Spot provide the entertainment for our wedding, and just wish we had a reason to book them again! We would definitely recommend working with Sam Hill for weddings in Charlottesville.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Katie · Married on 10/04/2014

We contracted The Hipshack and they did not disappoint!

Sam Hill Entertainment made it so easy to work with them that it was one of our easiest vendors, and decisions!

We are forever thankful to The Hipshack for the wonderful entertainment they provided for our guests, it was such a blast!

Sent on 10/15/2014