Sam Hill Entertainment Reviews

Sam Hill Entertainment 5
  • Mary-Scott

Mary-Scott Baker · Married on 06/22/2019

Lucky pocket band!

When we first started planning our reception, we said we wanted a party. Lucky Pocket no doubt delivered!!! People young and old were out on the dance floor all night long. I have had several people tell me they were one of the best bands that they've ever seen. I was also told by my venue that they've never seen so many people stay for the entire reception. I think this is entirely because Lucky Pocket was way too much fun to leave early!

Lucky Pocket arrived on time, were professional and courteous, and even picked out great songs to play during their breaks so that the party just continued on! I would recommend them to anyone. Thank you Lucky Pocket for making my wedding day so exciting and fun! I hope to see y'all play again in the future!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Anna · Married on 06/08/2019

Everyone on the dance floor to the last song!

We LOVED Sound Nation and our guests continue to tell us how amazing the band was. The set list was amazing, they were talented enough to play every genre of music (how is that possible??), and they were fun and personable with our rowdy friends. Sound Nation truly was one of the highlights of for us — they kept people on the dance floor until literally the last song. I know bands are expensive but this crew was worth every penny and made sure all our guests had a great time.

Sam Hill was incredibly easy to work with as well, and helped make sure it was an easy and stress-free process for us.
    I’d hire these guys with Sound Nation 10 out of 10 times.

Sent on 06/30/2019
  • Anne

Anne · Married on 06/01/2019

Very happy with Hipshack

We were incredibly happy with the performance Hipshack provided at our wedding. From start to finish, the Hipshack personnel were easy and professional to communicate with, and the band was more than willing to accommodate our "must-have" and "must-not-have" songs! The band was energetic and friendly with our guests, and they made announcements we requested. We paid extra for the saxophone player who was INCREDIBLE, and she even wailed on "Mustang Sally," which was above and beyond the bride's favorite performance of the night. Hipshack also accommodated our own very specific playlists for breaks, and they managed hooking them up and timing them perfectly according to our schedule requests. If we could do it all over again, we would definitely invite Hipshack to our wedding again. Money well spent!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Sam Hill Entertainment's reply:

Thank you, Anne!! We are so happy to hear you loved Hipshack. Congratulations again and wishing you all the best!
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 05/25/2019

The Bellevue Rhymaries

We really enjoyed working with Charles Arthur and his incredible band. He was incredibly responsive before the wedding and happy to accommodate my requests, including that my sister would sing our first dance song live with the band. The band was incredible - they were so lively and fun and they even let a couple of the members of our wedding party jam with them which was SO fun!! My only wish is that the wedding would have been longer so I could have heard them play more!! Charles also played solo acoustic guitar for our ceremony which was beautiful and everything I hoped it would be!! I cannot recommend this band enough.

Sent on 06/09/2019

Sam Hill Entertainment's reply:

Thank you, Jessica!! So happy you had a great time with Charles! Congratulations again and wishing you all the best!
  • Haley

Haley Morris · Married on 05/04/2019

10 Spot was incredible!

10 Spot made our wedding reception one that we or our guests will never forget. The band went from playing Dave Matthews to Nelly to Motown to Neil Diamond and killed it every single song!!! We cannot get over how versatile they were which made our reception enjoyable for all of our guests. My favorite part of the entire night was the last set they played as all of our friends were on the dance floor with us. We looked over and all of our parents and friend’s parents were also next to us on the dance floor having the best time ever. I would recommend 10 Spot to any bride and am hopeful that we can have them play at future celebrations!

Sent on 06/13/2019

Sam Hill Entertainment's reply:

Thank you, Haley!! 10 Spot definitely knows how to pack a dance floor! So glad to hear you all had a great time! Congratulations again and wishing you all the best!
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 03/30/2019

Mo' Sol was the highlight of our reception! AMAZING!

Cannot recommend Sam Hill and Mo' Sol enough!! We had Mo' Sol play for our wedding reception and it was the highlight of the evening.

We communicated with Miss Mo weeks before the wedding. She made sure to double check all of the details with us so the evening could run smoothly.

They put on the most amazing show, starting with low-key songs during dinner, to first dances, to a full on party later in the evening. Our family and friends still talk about how amazing the band was.

Thank you Mo Sol and Miss Mo for your talent, professional attitude, and for making our reception one to remember!

Sent on 07/05/2019

Brittany · Married on 03/23/2019

Great group!

We had Lucky Pocket perform at our wedding reception. The band was great and easy to work with! They did a wonderful job performing - our guests were dancing all night long, and many of them commented about how good they are. We'd definitely recommend them and Sam Hill's group to anyone who's looking for a band to perform at their wedding or other event!

Sent on 04/06/2019

Kellie · Married on 03/17/2019

Wedding/Anna Maria Florida

After Party Experience was BEYOND fabulous! Thank you!!

Sent on 03/18/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel Lebedin · Married on 03/09/2019

Best. Band. Ever.

I cannot day enough about The New Royals managed by Sam Hill! They were absolutely amazing at our wedding. We never left the dance floor and they are all anyone can talk about post-wedding. I'd recommend them for any event!

Sent on 03/14/2019
  • Olivia

Olivia and Brian Jungles · Married on 12/15/2018

Big Beyond Wedding Band

The Big Beyond was the perfect wedding band! They were so easy to work with and very professional. They have a great song list and even learned two songs that we requested. Everyone was raving about the band and dancing the entire time. I have already had three engaged couples ask for their contact information because they were so incredible. Highly recommend for any event!

Sent on 01/28/2019

Deborah Hoffman · Married on 10/28/2018

Great Band Choices

Working with Sam Hill Entertainment was a great decision for us! We initially inquired about a band and were given a list of bands that fit the genre we were looking for. In the end, we hired Soul Expressions Band and they were incredible! All of our vendors and guests raved about how great they were! It was clear that they were having so much fun performing, and that was infectious as they had almost all of our guests out of their seats and on the dance floor. They honored our song requests without question, and the band manager, Wilbert, was very friendly and easy to work with. We definitely recommend Sam Hill and Soul Expressions!

Sent on 11/08/2018
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/20/2018

Highly Recommend!

Andy was awesome to work with and made the booking process seamless. Sam Hill has a variety of bands to choose from and Attraction was absolutely amazing!! We highly recommend!!

Sent on 02/07/2019

Danielle · Married on 10/13/2018

Highly recommend!

My experience booking The Retreat through Sam Hill was amazing- we got extremely lucky! Andrew with Sam Hill helped me choose the perfect band for our wedding. He was very professional and responsive which unfortunately you don't see with all vendors so this was very much appreciated! Andrew helped me iron out all details prior to the wedding day. The Retreat was incredible and I wish I could give them more than 5/5 stars. The music and energy was awesome and kept a crowd of 100+ on the dance floor all night. At the end of the reception they did a mash up of different songs which was awesome. I loved working with them and their music so much, our reception would not have been the same without them. Don't look anywhere else- book with Sam Hill!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Katherine Smithwick · Married on 10/13/2018

Horizon--Outstanding Showmanship

Great band and great people. These are incredibly talented musicians that put on a show from start to finish. There were many musicians at my wedding, and all were so impressed with their quality and talent. I LOVE Lawrence, the band manager. He is a sweet heart. You cannot go wrong with this band. They were recommended to me by a friend, who used them at their wedding. They made the night special!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Micaela · Married on 09/29/2018

ADRIAN DUKE PROJECT - We used Sam Hill to book the Adrian Duke Project to play at our wedding reception in Staunton, VA. The band was fantastic, very professional and consummate musicians. They set the tone during cocktail hour with a nice jazz set and then had the dance floor packed until the last song during the reception. The guests did not want the band to stop (the drummer also had a showstopper performance during last song). Great song selection and easy to work with. Highly recommend. Sam Hill was also great, very communicative and helpful.

Sent on 10/08/2018

Catherine · Married on 09/29/2018

We booked Lucky Pocket Band through Sam Hill and had a blast! They were so much fun & everybody was pretty much on the dance floor constantly. Mike was great to work with at Sam Hill.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Ann · Married on 09/22/2018

I heard The Retreat Band play at a wedding the year before I got married and knew that I wanted them to play at my wedding. They are all exceptional musicians and singers and are able to play a wide array of music. They played at my ceremony, the cocktail hour, and reception. They are very experienced and seemed to truly enjoy performing with each other! I highly recommend The Retreat Band!
    The staff at Sam Hill Entertainment were so easy to work with and were great at communicating the details in emails!

Sent on 10/09/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 09/15/2018

The New Royals made our wedding night!

We booked The New Royals for our 9.15.2018 wedding and it was honestly the best decision that we made. We continue to have SO many compliments and they were able to accommodate everything we had requested, and then do even more. Leading up to the big day, Ryan was so amazing to work with and helped us figure out everything from speaker issues to the wiring. We loved every minute of our planning process and they made it so easy. Not only was this band just absolutely talented beyond belief, but they dealt with an unruly guest that kept wanting to jump upstage like absolute pros. Everybody danced the entire night away and all of the pictures show that the dance floor was completely full until the sparkler exit. Many of our engaged friends keep asking who the band was and we happily keep referring The New Royals to everybody. They went so above and beyond what we could have ever dreamed of and we are so grateful for them making our wedding day complete! :)

Sent on 11/19/2018

Alex · Married on 09/08/2018

Andrew was beyond helpful with the booking process and our multiple questions. We ended up booking Blue Tips Rhythm Revue for our wedding, and they were incredible. The dance floor was full the entire time they were playing. Our guests have still not stopped talking about how good they were. They went above and beyond, even learning and playing some Talking Heads at our request. We highly recommend working with Sam Hill to book your wedding band!

Sent on 09/15/2018

Claire · Married on 07/28/2018

We used the band DC Fusion from Sam Hill Entertainment. On the business side, they were extremely professional. It was easy to pay them, they were clear about what information they needed and by what time (first dance music, names, etc.), and always communicated with me with questions. I was able to choose from a long list of songs for the reception and was able to request some new songs as well. When they arrived at the venue, they installed their equipment very quickly.

Business aside, the important thing with a band is their ability to play music. DC Fusion was AMAZING. The main singer has a beautiful voice. We had everyone on the dance floor. The sax player came and danced with us during one of the upbeat songs. I had two people in my wedding party who went to music conservatories for college, and they were impressed by the musicality of the band.

It was very low stress working with them because DC fusion is professional. They made the wedding reception very fun!

Sent on 08/04/2018

Shelby · Married on 05/27/2018

My husband and I cannot recommend Dance Candy enough. We, as well as our guests, were blown away by their talent, professionalism, and friendliness. They had the dance floor packed all night and absolutely made our wedding that much more special and fun with their entertaining sets.

Additionally, Sam Hill Entertainment was wonderful to work with and made the process of hiring the perfect wedding band stress-free.

Sent on 05/30/2018

Heather · Married on 05/27/2018

One of our favorite details from our recent wedding was our band, The 1st Generation Band, and their management company Sam Hill Entertainment. We really wanted a Mo-Town heavy band that included a few brass instruments. Sam Hill Entertainment helped led us to The 1st Generation Band and we could not have been happier with our selection! The 1st Generation band played an amazing selection of Mo-Town with current hits, keeping the energy of the crowd going until the very end of the evening. We also had a few requests - to learn our first dance song, father/daughter dance song and mother/son dance song. Each song came from a completely different genre but were performed absolutely perfectly. The band definitely went above and beyond, interacting with our crowd, and even surprising me at the end of our wedding ceremony by popping up and playing horns during "All You Need Is Love" a la 'Love Actually'. All in all, it was an absolute delight working with Sam Hill Entertainment and the 1st Generation Band. Their performance and talent were easily some of our favorite details from our wedding day!

Sent on 07/05/2018
  • Y

Yang · Married on 05/26/2018

Andy from Sam Hill Entertainment made the entire process super easy! We loved working with them and we're so happy we booked The Significant Others for our wedding.

Sent on 09/30/2018

Rachel · Married on 05/12/2018

Working with Sam Hill Entertainment (Ben) & Blue Tips Rhythm Review was absolutely perfect. Hiring a live band was one of my non-negotiables, and I am so thrilled that we did it. Our guests were RAVING about the music!!! The band knew all of our requested songs, played great sets and read the vibe of the room, and did an amazing job keeping everyone on their feet all night. What a great time!!!

Sent on 05/22/2018