224 Reviews for Sam Hill Entertainment

User Photos
Liability Insurance (16)

We used the band DC Fusion from Sam Hill Entertainment. On the business side, they were extremely professional. It was easy to pay them, they were clear about what information they needed and by what time (first dance music, names, etc.), and always communicated with me with questions. I was able to choose from a long list of songs for the reception and was able to request some new songs as well. When they arrived at the venue, they installed their equipment very quickly.

Business aside, the important thing with a band is their ability to play music. DC Fusion was AMAZING. The main singer has a beautiful voice. We had everyone on the dance floor. The sax player came and danced with us during one of the upbeat songs. I had two people in my wedding party who went to music conservatories for college, and they were impressed by the musicality of the band.

It was very low stress working with them because DC fusion is professional. They made the wedding reception very fun!

Profile Picture Claire, 7/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

My husband and I cannot recommend Dance Candy enough. We, as well as our guests, were blown away by their talent, professionalism, and friendliness. They had the dance floor packed all night and absolutely made our wedding that much more special and fun with their entertaining sets.

Additionally, Sam Hill Entertainment was wonderful to work with and made the process of hiring the perfect wedding band stress-free.

Profile Picture Shelby, 5/27/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

One of our favorite details from our recent wedding was our band, The 1st Generation Band, and their management company Sam Hill Entertainment. We really wanted a Mo-Town heavy band that included a few brass instruments. Sam Hill Entertainment helped led us to The 1st Generation Band and we could not have been happier with our selection! The 1st Generation band played an amazing selection of Mo-Town with current hits, keeping the energy of the crowd going until the very end of the evening. We also had a few requests - to learn our first dance song, father/daughter dance song and mother/son dance song. Each song came from a completely different genre but were performed absolutely perfectly. The band definitely went above and beyond, interacting with our crowd, and even surprising me at the end of our wedding ceremony by popping up and playing horns during "All You Need Is Love" a la 'Love Actually'. All in all, it was an absolute delight working with Sam Hill Entertainment and the 1st Generation Band. Their performance and talent were easily some of our favorite details from our wedding day!

Profile Picture Heather, 5/27/18, 14 Reviews
Category: Band

Working with Sam Hill Entertainment (Ben) & Blue Tips Rhythm Review was absolutely perfect. Hiring a live band was one of my non-negotiables, and I am so thrilled that we did it. Our guests were RAVING about the music!!! The band knew all of our requested songs, played great sets and read the vibe of the room, and did an amazing job keeping everyone on their feet all night. What a great time!!!

Profile Picture Rachel, 5/12/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance

Highly recommend working with these guys! They were very helpful in piecing together recommendations for us based on our budget, genre, and overall vibe we were targeting. We ended up hiring E3 and they were a blast! Andy had a phone call with us a few weeks before the wedding and gave me some reassurance as to how the introduction and dances would work. We shared with him that we were taking dance lessons for our first dance and he was able to piece together a shortened track of our song so that we could practice it beforehand. Our guests were on the dance floor all night and everyone had a blast!

Profile Picture Lauren, 4/28/18, 12 Reviews
Category: Band

Booked The Significant Others through Sam Hill Entertainment. They were AWESOME! High energy, professional, prompt and responsive. The new song they learned just for the wedding was on point. Several of our guests commented that they were the best wedding band they had ever seen! Dance floor stayed full all night.

Profile Picture Ruth , 4/21/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

We used Mo' Sol (a band through Sam Hill) and they were fabulous. We originally heard them at a friend's wedding two years ago and knew we wanted them. They know how to get a party going and keep it going. Their energy and musicality are contagious.

Profile Picture Emily, 4/21/18, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance

We hired Affirmative Groove for our February wedding and my goodness they are hands-down the best wedding band I have ever seen! They kept the seats empty all night long and made the wedding such a fun experience for our family and friends. Hire Affirmative Groove and don't shop around. They are worth every penny!

Profile Picture Nathalie, 2/24/18, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance

We booked The Lone Rangers and people are still talking about how awesome they were! I was dancing all night long--literally did not leave the dance floor. The played only the songs I wanted and communicated well. They did all announcements, had no trouble with pronunciations, the band leader was a pleasure to talk to, Sam Hill itself has a great staff that connected us with the perfect band, is flexible with payment (check came a bit late and they were completely fine!), and most importantly they were prompt and I didn't have to worry about a thing! If you are looking for that "it" factor to take your wedding to the next level you should hire a band--and Sam Hill is the place to go. Thanks!

Profile Picture Axelle, 2/18/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Band

The team at Sam Hill Entertainment were so easy to work with and made it a breeze to hire and communicate with our band, the Radio Narks. We booked the Radio Narks after seeing them at a friend's wedding - we had a blast dancing to their set and knew we had to book them for our reception! They are willing to learn a song for your first dance - I was blown away by their cover of the Beatles song we chose for ours. They play a mix of music genres: classic rock, 80's & 90's rock and alternative, and 2000's pop. Great set for getting a party going!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/14/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

I can't begin to describe how amazing the band Horizon was at our wedding reception!! Our guests are still raving about them and many actually commented that they thought they were the best band they had heard at any wedding reception. We loved them and the dance floor was packed all night long! Their song selection was the best and their energy incredible! The band leader, Lawrence was so easy to work with and we genuinely felt he wanted us to have the best reception ever! Choosing the right band was our number one priority from the very beginning. Undoubtedly, we made the very best decision hiring Horizon through Sam Hill Entertainment!! Andy Jaspen at Sam Hill was so helpful in the entire process of making this decision and was always available to answer questions and offer suggestions. A great person to work with! We made the right choice and are so happy we did!

Profile Picture Kaleigh, 10/14/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

We went back and forth for months on finding a band for our wedding. We didn't have time to go see any in person but Sam Hill listened to our needs and budget and recommended Dance Candy. We LOVED them! We had a packed dance floor for the full night and our family and friends are still raving about how great our band was. We were so happy with booked them. Our wedding was mostly 30 - 60 crowd (we are about 30 ourselves) and everyone had a great time.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/13/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Band

5 Stars is not enough for The Free!! They are absolutely incredible and I promise your guests will be up and dancing all night long and raving about them for months after your wedding :) This was the one thing my husband cared about for the wedding and he was SO pumped we had the Free! They were even more amazing than we imagined! Thank you so much Sam Hill Entertainment and The Free! Book them for your wedding reception and will be the best thing you will do!!

Profile Picture Hilary, 9/16/17, 12 Reviews
Category: Band

Soul Expressions was the BEST choice we made when planning our wedding. The dance floor was packed the entire night, they were so engaging with the crowd at the setlist was perfect - they really know how to read the crowd! So many people came up to me to tell me how great the band was. They were amazing!

Profile Picture Maggie, 9/16/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Band

Sam Hill Entertainment is the best in the business. I used to work with them to book bands while I was in college at UVA and most recently worked with Sam Hill to book my wedding band, ATTRACTION, in September 2017. They’re customer service, responsiveness, knowledge in the industry, and access to talented musical groups is second to none. I started working with Andy Jaspen 2 years prior to the actual event (long engagement). Throughout those two years, he coordinated the band research, band scheduling, contract execution, and event planning with several different parties including myself, my (now) wife, my mother in-law, our wedding planner, and the band, and made it all look easy. We also found their website / band page very helpful (and up to date) to make song requests. Andy remained a helpful liaison between us and the band leading up to the event as well as immediately following. We couldn’t have been happier with our choice of agency or band and would highly recommend both to anyone looking. I look forward to working with them on future events!

Profile Picture Kevin, 9/9/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

We booked In Full for our wedding in DC this past September, and they were amazing!! The communication in the lead-up to the event was flawless with us and our venue, and they were timely and respectful the day-of. The band learned a new song for our first dance and performed it flawlessly, then kept the dance floor going all night for a crowd ranging from college kids to great grandparents. I'd book them again in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Alli, 9/2/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

Outstanding Band! Another Level , booked through Sam Hill brought the house down at my daughter’s wedding on August 26 of 2017. They added so much joy and excitement to the day! Kevin and his band were so sweet and personable and they were truly a joy to work with. The music at the reception was just phenomenal and full of energy. The dance floor was full during the entire reception. They had people dancing all night long! The band played a great variety and had both the very young as well as the grandparents up on their feet boogying and having a ball!!! People are still talking about how we had the best wedding band they have ever heard. Another Level helped to make my daughter’s wedding day perfect, and we can't thank them enough.

Profile Picture Patty, 8/26/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance

Sam Hill Entertainment was fantastic in helping us find the ABSOLUTE BEST band for our wedding. We ultimately chose Crystal Clear Band and they were AMAZING. Guests continue to ask us months after our wedding who the awesome band was at our reception. They kept guests on the dance floor from the start to finish of the reception and even got my husband on stage to play the guitar with them. I could not have asked for a better experience. Thank you Sam Hill and Crystal Clear Band!!

Profile Picture Annie, 8/26/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

It was such a pleasure working with Mike from Sam Hill Entertainment to first find a band and then book a band. We went with The Radio Narks, who lit our dance floor on fire! Figuratively speaking, of course. Brian, the band's main contact was easy to work with leading up to the event. They refreshed their memory on the Hava Nagila for us and played the best version I'd heard! (We had Irish people saying "wow, I thought we knew how to party..." They also learned the Beatles "In My Life" for our parent dances for free. And riffed on some guest requests that they hadn't fully practiced (but totally rocked!)

It was the most amazing night and a huge thank you to Sam Hill Ent. and The Radio Narks for making it so much fun!

Profile Picture Rachel, 7/8/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

We worked with Andy from Sam Hill to find the perfect band for our wedding. Andy suggested many great options and was very easy to work with. After a lot of research, we settled on The Free, which was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! We were looking for a band that could play a good mix of songs, including acoustic music during cocktail hour and our first dance song by Zac Brown Band. They were incredible and kept everyone dancing all night long! Getting a good band like this costed a bit more than we wanted to pay, but in the end, we were so happy and had such a good time thanks to their great talent!

Profile Picture Erin, 7/2/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Band

We hired E3 for our wedding reception and were thrilled with the outcome! Prior to being engaged, my husband and I went to a family wedding where E3 was playing - everyone was loving the music and it was one of the most fun weddings we've been to, so it was an easy decision when choosing the band for our wedding a year later. Our dance floor was packed during our entire wedding reception! I worked closely with Andy, the band leader, when determining what songs I definitely did (and did not) want to be played at the reception, in which he was very responsive and listened to my suggestions. They even learned my first dance song with my father under very short notice. One of my favorite things about E3 is the variety of music they play - from country to oldies to rock, they can do it all and appeal to everyone! Everyone at the reception was so complimentary of the band - no one wanted the night to end! Could not have been happier with our decision with E3!

Profile Picture Christina, 5/27/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

The New Royals played at our wedding. I was very nervous about our band choice because I am not a fan of pop music and their song list has quite a bit of new music. I am happy to say that I had nothing to worry about. The New Royals put on such a great show; I would have danced to anything they played. They were all very kind and professional and allowed us to give input on their set list. We had a trio play the cocktail hour, which I did not get to attend but heard they did a wonderful job. At the reception, the group was a lot of fun and interacted with the crowd. The energy in the room with them on the stage was unlike anything that could have been achieved with a DJ. Initially, I thought I preferred a DJ because I wanted a diverse mix of music and I wanted to hear the songs as sung by the original artist. I could not have been more wrong about that. Wagon Wheel was not my husband and my first dance song but we consider it to be "our song," so we requested to have the original OCMC version played. To this day, I am kicking myself for not having them play it live. They would have done such a great job! There was another song they played (I cannot remember which) that had guests in awe, saying that it was sung better than the original top-40 artist. Overall, everything from coordinating the event to their performance on stage was top notch. Six months after the wedding, guests were still talking about how great the band was!

Profile Picture User6693046, 1+ year ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Band

We booked The New Royals through Sam Hill Entertainment and it was one of the best decisions we made. If you truly want energy and dancing on your wedding day then book The New Royals or one of their other bands. They are amazing! We didn't have to pick any songs, we just told them we wanted a lot of energy and for people to be dancing all night, and they took care of the rest. True professionals with so much energy. Everyone keeps raving about them. LOVED THEM!

Profile Picture Danielle, 1/27/17, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance

We booked the Jangling Reinharts through Sam Hill Entertainment and are SO glad we did. The process was very easy, both with Sam Hill and the band leading up to the wedding. At the wedding, the band was perfect. They read the crowd throughout the night, keeping the dance floor full. Their mash-ups were fun and kept the pace of the night moving. They were very professional and easy to work with, including handling the pre-recorded music for their breaks, which was also pitched perfectly. Throughout the night, friends (both music snobs and party people) came up to us to rave about the band. And they almost always found us on the dance floor. When I recover from wedding-madness, I want to throw another giant party so I can book the Reinharts again.

Profile Picture User7653475, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews