Salt & Pepper Catering Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Casey M. Married on 05/07/2021

Great experience

JD was great to work with. We sampled a variety of options beforehand and were able to select the choices we thought would best suit us and our guests. Everything was wonderful, and we got multiple compliments from our guests at and after the wedding. Pricing was very reasonable and service was outstanding.
  • Tori
    Tori Married on 03/13/2021

The BEST vendor we chose!

Honestly where do I begin. Choosing Salt & Pepper Catering was the easiest decision for both my husband and I. Working with JD was such a pleasure and the care he puts into his food is so clear and evident! We have had many family and friends pull us aside to tell us how amazing our dinner was at our wedding! Also, his staff is incredible and great to work with! We would highly recommend choosing Salt & Pepper for any catering needs you have.. you will not be disappointed!
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 10/08/2020

Amazing Service!!! Hire S&P!

S&P Catering is the best!! JD and his staff were friendly, detail oriented, and very professional. JD made the planning process for my wife and I a BREEZE! We had a very unique idea for our reception ‘dinner’ and he nailed it, far beyond our wildest dreams! Our guests are STILL talking about the food! I have a food allergy and JD made sure the entire menu was tasty and full of food that was safe for me to eat. We can’t wait for our next event so we can work with JD and his team again! We are lifelong clients! Thank you JD!!
  • Madeleine
    Madeleine H. Married on 06/13/2020

Wonderful experience!

JD is awesome to work with and made it so easy helping us pick out our menu for the wedding. He has really creative ideas and his food is absolutely delicious. All of our guests were talking about how great the food was! So happy we choose Salt & Pepper catering.
    Chelsea B. Married on 06/12/2020

Amazing Work from S&P!!!

JD and his team were so professional and easy to work with leading up to the big day. From the tasting to choosing the menu, JD made everything so simple and straightforward. The appetizers and entrees ended up being a huge hit at our wedding and the service was great! JD also provided cake cutting services and a chocolate fountain that was so fun! Out of all the caterers we spoke with JD was by far the best to work with and fairest prices! Thank you so much S&P!!!
  • aaeventsplanning
    Amy N. Married on 01/04/2020

JD You're Amazing!!

It’s hard to put into words how grateful we are for JD. From the very first meeting, he assured us of his dedication to us and our wedding day. I’m sure lots of vendors say this but boy did he mean it.

To give a little background, we are huge foodies. All of our friends/family know our love of food. So naturally we had high expectations. We needed a caterer who not only had good food but also didn’t have the stereotypical wedding food.

We communicated our expectations to JD and he immediately set up a tasting for our wants/needs. He proactively sought feedback and wanted to make changes immediately. To be honest, we were pretty picky and wanted to have two tastings but never once did he complain about it, he welcomed it.

Fast forward to our wedding day. We took our first bite and were blown away by how delicious and well seasoned the food was. Wedding food tends to be pretty mediocre due to the sheer quantity that caterers have to churn out.

As we were making our rounds to our guests, we got nonstop compliments about how delicious the food was.

To sum up, if you're on the fence of which caterer to go with, you definitely need to go with Salt & Pepper Catering. It was one of the best decisions we made. You won't be disappointed with his service and food. Thank you JD!

Salt & Pepper Catering's reply:

Thank you so much! We had an absolute blast, and everyone was so incredibly nice and accommodating to us through out the night. I hope you have a great new year.
  • Marietta
    Marietta Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing food!

S&P catered our event and everyone was blown away at how good the food tasted. The wine braised short ribs were extra tender! The presentation of the tasty chicken kabobs complimented our luau theme perfectly!! JD responds quickly and is very easy to work with. I can't say enough good things about JD and his crew!!
    Dak Married on 12/01/2018

JD & S&P Catering - Satisfied Client

JD was awesome! We immediately knew that we wanted Salt & Pepper Catering as our caterer when we did our tasting. JD was flexible and helping us decide on the final menu and what made sense based on our needs. Our guests LOVED the dinner options and the late night popcorn bar he created.
  • AllieB25
    Alyssa Married on 10/14/2018

Best caterer ever!

Honestly can't say enough about how awesome JD and his team were. We got married last night and all everyone could talk about was how amazing the food was. Not just good for 'wedding food' but good food, period. JD was amazing to work with, answered all of my questions so quickly, and our wedding ran so smoothly I couldn't believe it. Probably my best choice out of the whole wedding planning process - 10/10 would hire again!
    Cannon M. Married on 10/06/2018

Professional and Helpful

He was great to work with, meeting our food allergy requirements. Product he provided was a great value, and nothing but compliments from our guests. I would hire them again for wedding catering or business catering. Will be my first recommendation to friends who are looking for a caterer.
    Jessica Married on 10/06/2018
    Wow, I cannot believe how fantastic JD and his S&P catering company was. We went to six different caterers for our wedding and the minute we walked in to Salt & Pepper, we knew this was vastly superior to everywhere else we tried. The food was flawless and was the talk of the event! We knew there would be some issues with seating and food choices, but JD's wait staff handled it without a hitch!

FYI, you HAVE to get the candied bacon as an appetizer. That was an unbelievable hit!
    Judy V. Married on 10/05/2018

Salt and pepper catering

Outstanding! JD the owner is wonderful to work with. He and his staff made our wedding/anniversary celebration so special. The food was outstandng! The cost very reasonable. Thanks JD
    Catalina Married on 08/25/2018
    WOW! JD & team are amazing! Food is outstanding, we had a handful of guest actually go into the kitchen to thank the chef and ask for the recipe - it's that good! Not only is the food out of this world but JD is great to work with, down to earth, helped us stay within our budget, responsive and was more than willing to lend a helping hand if he or his staff was available. Can't recommend S+P enough. We are still getting compliments from our guest about how good the food was.
    Janice Married on 06/13/2018
    Always delicious, unique, friendly, professional... and the Best !!
    ... Janice
    Sarah Married on 05/25/2018
    I am SO Happy that we chose Salt & Pepper Catering for our Wedding! JD went above and beyond. He was easy to get in touch with and responded promptly from day one through the entire process...menu choices, tasting, guest count, and day of! I could not have chosen a better caterer! Thank you JD and your amazing staff for everything! The food was out of this world. Guests are still raving about how outstanding the food was that night (appetizers and buffet). The braised short ribs and cheesy grits were a bit hit, as were the bacon wrapped shrimp! The ribs melted in your mouth!! Guests even raved about the vegetables. They even helped serve our cake and champaign for our toast. Like I said, everything was top notch, and I highly recommend them to ALL BRIDES! You can't go wrong. The service, the quality, the professionalism, the flexibility, and the value....nobody comes close to Salt & Pepper! Thank you JD!!!!
    Shelby Married on 05/06/2018
    JD and his team provided delicious food and great service on our wedding day. JD was always very quick to respond to all of my questions and very accomodating when it came to selecting a menu. Everyone mentioned to us how great the food was! I would definitely recommend Salt & Pepper catering to anyone getting married in the DFW area, you will not be disappointed!
  • Rose
    Rose Married on 03/31/2018
    Food is one of the most important part of the wedding! When my husband and I started our wedding planning we had a hard time finding caterer. Luckily we found JD on WeddingWire, we read all the reviews and they were all positive. We contacted JD who was quick to reply to us and we set up a meeting. When we arrived at the food tasting meeting, he had a table prepared for us like we were going on a date with personal chef...we felt really special! We started trying the food and OMG the food was soo good! We were sold! The food was delicious and we actually took some leftover home =). Leaving that meeting we knew right away that he was going to be part of our big day. What I liked about JD is his level of professionalism. We also saw that he was passionate about what he does which matters alot! When you're finding a vendor especially for food you need someone you can trust. On the wedding JD and his team did a phenomenal job! They were on time, the food was plenty for my 230 guests who loved the food are still praising his food. When my husband and I got our plate JD made sure that it was everything we wanted when we took our first bite.
    My husband and I are so grateful of Salt&Pepper (JD) and his team for making our special day even more special! WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND SALT & PEPPER!
    Katherine Event on: 12/16/2017
    I've attended multiple events catered by Salt & Pepper and this was the first time I used them for a team holiday party that I hosted. The planning was fun and easy and the food and presentation were perfect. JD is great to work with and his team were organized and prepared perfectly for the party. The food and wine pairings were excellent and I will call them every time I have a party or event.
    Liz Event on: 12/15/2017
    I heard about JD and Salt & Pepper Catering through a coworker and previous customer. We had a holiday party for our organization (about 110 people) with a BBQ-themed dinner. JD was incredibly accommodating to all our needs, including providing a smoked tofu vegetarian option that went nicely with the BBQ theme. He also provided the plate-, silver-, and glassware (water/wine glasses), as well as tablecloths for the serving tables.
    JD arrived a little over an hour before the event started to set up the buffet tables and put the plates/silverware/cups out. On top of all of that, he helped our team to put out our appetizers and serve our dessert (they cut our full-size sheet cake for us so that we didn't have to worry about it). This was incredibly kind as neither of these courses were provided through his catering company, but JD and his staff helped us anyways showing that their service goes above and beyond. He also helped us to visualize the "flow" of the room when we were setting up to avoid major bottlenecks around the singular door in and out. JD and his staff also helped us to clear all the wine glasses and all the remaining cups and plates very efficiently before leaving.
    Our menu had pulled pork, sausage (with/without jalapenos), brisket, and smoked tofu for the main dishes. The sides were roasted corn with cotija cheese, potato salad, and baked beans. He also brought bread and bbq sauce to supplement the food. I received compliments about the food all evening.
    Salt & Pepper Catering is a great company that I would highly recommend for events in the future. He worked with us to stay within our budget and was incredibly responsive to all the emails that I sent him. The team played a huge part in the success of the event!
    Christina Event on: 10/09/2017
    JD is wonderful to work with. We have used him for several corporate celebrations held at our home for large dinner parties (more than I can handle!). He has made each occasion special and memorable with delicious food and specially crafted cocktails. He is always responsive and has excellent customer-service. Definitely recommend!
    Stacy Married on 10/07/2017
    Our wedding went off without a hitch and a huge part of that is because of S&P Catering. The food was perfect! The passed appetizers were delicious, the staff was friendly, kind, and professional. Our main meal was complimented continuously by our guests as well. From our initial tasting, to the correspondence throughout the planning phase, to the wedding and even afterward, I can not express how wonderful this company is. We are going to recommend them to everyone and will use them again for other parties. THANK YOU to JD and staff for a stress free wedding experience!
    Minnie Married on 09/23/2017
    Salt & Pepper Catering did an amazing job at our wedding. Not only was the food delicous (our guests are still raving about the food), the staff wasalso super friendly, attentive, and accommodating. We had a great experience overall and highly recommend Salt & Pepper Catering for any occasion, especially weddings. We cannot thank them enough for making our wedding day so flawless and delicious!
    Tessa Married on 09/22/2017
    JD is amazing! He responded to my multiple emails and family members questions in a timely manner. He also made his own appointment to tour my venue to see what his crew would need or not need. He showed up on time and the food was AMAZING! Food is one of the biggest things for a wedding and JD took that stress right off my shoulders. I would deff use him again for any catering needs.
    April Married on 01/28/2017
    The smoothest caterer I have ever worked with and I'm an event planner for a living. My venue very much enjoyed working with him as well! They were very easy to work with especially with last minute changes and we got tons of compliments on our food!
    Meredith Event on: 01/28/2017
    If I could give JD 10 stars on flexibility, I would. He is so gracious and easy to work with. JD is always willing to be creative and work with us to make sure every aspect of our vision for food comes to life!