Salt & Pepper Catering Reviews

20 | Richardson, TX

20 Reviews for Salt & Pepper Catering

20 Salt & Pepper Catering Reviews

jessica · Married on 10/06/2018

Wow, I cannot believe how fantastic JD and his S&P catering company was. We went to six different caterers for our wedding and the minute we walked in to Salt & Pepper, we knew this was vastly superior to everywhere else we tried. The food was flawless and was the talk of the event! We knew there would be some issues with seating and food choices, but JD's wait staff handled it without a hitch!

FYI, you HAVE to get the candied bacon as an appetizer. That was an unbelievable hit!

Cannon Madison · Married on 10/06/2018

Professional and Helpful

He was great to work with, meeting our food allergy requirements. Product he provided was a great value, and nothing but compliments from our guests. I would hire them again for wedding catering or business catering. Will be my first recommendation to friends who are looking for a caterer.

Judy Vandermeer · Married on 10/05/2018

Salt and pepper catering

Outstanding! JD the owner is wonderful to work with. He and his staff made our wedding/anniversary celebration so special. The food was outstandng! The cost very reasonable. Thanks JD

catalina · Married on 08/25/2018

WOW! JD & team are amazing! Food is outstanding, we had a handful of guest actually go into the kitchen to thank the chef and ask for the recipe - it's that good! Not only is the food out of this world but JD is great to work with, down to earth, helped us stay within our budget, responsive and was more than willing to lend a helping hand if he or his staff was available. Can't recommend S+P enough. We are still getting compliments from our guest about how good the food was.

Janice · Married on 06/13/2018

Always delicious, unique, friendly, professional... and the Best !!
    ... Janice

Sarah · Married on 05/25/2018

I am SO Happy that we chose Salt & Pepper Catering for our Wedding! JD went above and beyond. He was easy to get in touch with and responded promptly from day one through the entire process...menu choices, tasting, guest count, and day of! I could not have chosen a better caterer! Thank you JD and your amazing staff for everything! The food was out of this world. Guests are still raving about how outstanding the food was that night (appetizers and buffet). The braised short ribs and cheesy grits were a bit hit, as were the bacon wrapped shrimp! The ribs melted in your mouth!! Guests even raved about the vegetables. They even helped serve our cake and champaign for our toast. Like I said, everything was top notch, and I highly recommend them to ALL BRIDES! You can't go wrong. The service, the quality, the professionalism, the flexibility, and the value....nobody comes close to Salt & Pepper! Thank you JD!!!!

Shelby · Married on 05/06/2018

JD and his team provided delicious food and great service on our wedding day. JD was always very quick to respond to all of my questions and very accomodating when it came to selecting a menu. Everyone mentioned to us how great the food was! I would definitely recommend Salt & Pepper catering to anyone getting married in the DFW area, you will not be disappointed!

• Rose

Rose · Married on 03/31/2018

Food is one of the most important part of the wedding! When my husband and I started our wedding planning we had a hard time finding caterer. Luckily we found JD on WeddingWire, we read all the reviews and they were all positive. We contacted JD who was quick to reply to us and we set up a meeting. When we arrived at the food tasting meeting, he had a table prepared for us like we were going on a date with personal chef...we felt really special! We started trying the food and OMG the food was soo good! We were sold! The food was delicious and we actually took some leftover home =). Leaving that meeting we knew right away that he was going to be part of our big day. What I liked about JD is his level of professionalism. We also saw that he was passionate about what he does which matters alot! When you're finding a vendor especially for food you need someone you can trust. On the wedding JD and his team did a phenomenal job! They were on time, the food was plenty for my 230 guests who loved the food are still praising his food. When my husband and I got our plate JD made sure that it was everything we wanted when we took our first bite.
    My husband and I are so grateful of Salt&Pepper (JD) and his team for making our special day even more special! WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND SALT & PEPPER!

Minnie · Married on 09/23/2017

Salt & Pepper Catering did an amazing job at our wedding. Not only was the food delicous (our guests are still raving about the food), the staff wasalso super friendly, attentive, and accommodating. We had a great experience overall and highly recommend Salt & Pepper Catering for any occasion, especially weddings. We cannot thank them enough for making our wedding day so flawless and delicious!

Tessa · Married on 09/22/2017

JD is amazing! He responded to my multiple emails and family members questions in a timely manner. He also made his own appointment to tour my venue to see what his crew would need or not need. He showed up on time and the food was AMAZING! Food is one of the biggest things for a wedding and JD took that stress right off my shoulders. I would deff use him again for any catering needs.

April · Married on 01/28/2017

The smoothest caterer I have ever worked with and I'm an event planner for a living. My venue very much enjoyed working with him as well! They were very easy to work with especially with last minute changes and we got tons of compliments on our food!

Shannon · event on: 09/10/2016

We have used S & P multiple times for big family dinners, birthday parties and work functions. Every time our guests have responded with huge praises & we would highly recommend them for any function.

Priya · Married on 08/13/2016

JD and his crew are the best! Trustworthy, on-time, delicious/fresh food and will always work with your flavors and taste. Beyond expectations!

Cecilia · Married on 09/06/2014

JD and the team at SP Cater were wonderful to work with. Made everything seamless. Food was beautiful and delicious. They really work with you to ensure you’re getting what you want and that you’re happy. They make sure everything is coordinated with the venue, made everything stress free. Highly recommend.

Christina · event on: 10/09/2017

JD is wonderful to work with. We have used him for several corporate celebrations held at our home for large dinner parties (more than I can handle!). He has made each occasion special and memorable with delicious food and specially crafted cocktails. He is always responsive and has excellent customer-service. Definitely recommend!

Meredith · event on: 01/28/2017

If I could give JD 10 stars on flexibility, I would. He is so gracious and easy to work with. JD is always willing to be creative and work with us to make sure every aspect of our vision for food comes to life!

Liz · event on: 12/15/2017

I heard about JD and Salt & Pepper Catering through a coworker and previous customer. We had a holiday party for our organization (about 110 people) with a BBQ-themed dinner. JD was incredibly accommodating to all our needs, including providing a smoked tofu vegetarian option that went nicely with the BBQ theme. He also provided the plate-, silver-, and glassware (water/wine glasses), as well as tablecloths for the serving tables.
    JD arrived a little over an hour before the event started to set up the buffet tables and put the plates/silverware/cups out. On top of all of that, he helped our team to put out our appetizers and serve our dessert (they cut our full-size sheet cake for us so that we didn't have to worry about it). This was incredibly kind as neither of these courses were provided through his catering company, but JD and his staff helped us anyways showing that their service goes above and beyond. He also helped us to visualize the "flow" of the room when we were setting up to avoid major bottlenecks around the singular door in and out. JD and his staff also helped us to clear all the wine glasses and all the remaining cups and plates very efficiently before leaving.
    Our menu had pulled pork, sausage (with/without jalapenos), brisket, and smoked tofu for the main dishes. The sides were roasted corn with cotija cheese, potato salad, and baked beans. He also brought bread and bbq sauce to supplement the food. I received compliments about the food all evening.
    Salt & Pepper Catering is a great company that I would highly recommend for events in the future. He worked with us to stay within our budget and was incredibly responsive to all the emails that I sent him. The team played a huge part in the success of the event!

Katherine · event on: 12/16/2017

I've attended multiple events catered by Salt & Pepper and this was the first time I used them for a team holiday party that I hosted. The planning was fun and easy and the food and presentation were perfect. JD is great to work with and his team were organized and prepared perfectly for the party. The food and wine pairings were excellent and I will call them every time I have a party or event.

Paige · Married on 10/07/2017

Salt & Pepper Catering was very responsive and accommodating throughout the entire wedding process. The staff was very friendly and professional, and the owner consistently made sure that we were happy with our services. We will definitely be recommending their services to our friends and family.