Sally Carpenter Photography Reviews

Sally Carpenter Photography 6
Sally Carpenter Photography 7

Pamela · Married on 05/19/2019

Amazing work and professionalism

Sally and her assistants were absolutely amazing to work with. She provided timelines for the day of, was extremely responsive and very organized. Our wedding day went very smoothly and we were able to stay on track with our photos, even finishing early. Sally provided an almost immediate sneak peak of photos which were stunning. Her eye for photography is incredible and she was so quick to send the finished photos. We are so blessed to have found her and highly recommend her for her wedding photography and fine arts portraits. Thank you again Sally!

Sent on 06/04/2019
    Sally Carpenter Photography 8
    Sally Carpenter Photography 9
    Sally Carpenter Photography 10
    Sally Carpenter Photography 11
    Sally Carpenter Photography 12
    Sally Carpenter Photography 13

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Pamela for your stunning review. Its truly was a beautiful day and you, Matthew and the entire wedding party were a dream to work with.
  • Wendy

Wendy Van Vlandren · Married on 05/16/2019

A Perfect Day

Sally was amazing! I love my pictures! Her style of photography was exactly what I was looking for. She is super friendly and a pleasure to work with. She helped make our elopement exceed our expectations. She gives good directions and captures all the little moments that really make wedding photos special. I highly recommend her photography services.

She has partnered with Annie Alexander-Kramer (The Parsonne) to offer an elopement - or small wedding - package in addition to her regular photography services. It was perfect for our needs.

Sent on 06/04/2019
    Sally Carpenter Photography 25
  • Mandie

Mandie · Married on 11/03/2018

Great Experience

Working with Sally has been one of the great experience I've had during wedding planning. She was very responsive and professional. She helped me throughout the photography planning. My wedding was not at all perfect since I planned it myself, but Sally and Gale captured it perfectly. She also withstand all of my weird requests and needs.

The images came in the mail in less than two weeks. That was a lot faster than what I expected. All came out perfect! My husband and I couldn't ask for a better photographer! Highly recommended!

Sent on 11/20/2018

D · Married on 10/20/2018

Fantastic Photographer!

Sally was great right from the beginning. She was quick to respond and even stayed in touch when she was overseas to make sure our date was secured. When we met Sally she was very kind and engaging. Had a great chat about some details of our wedding and what to generally expect. The closer we got to the wedding we naturally had more emails going back and forth, discussing details and last minute questions. Sally was prompt and covered everything. Most importantly, the pictures came out beautifully!!
    On our 1 week anniversary our thumb drive came in the mail. We were thrilled! Even though we had moments during our private post-ceremony photo shoot where we wanted to get to our guests, we are glad we stayed with Sally to get photographs. They are really beautiful! And afterwards Sally was great in taking care of some touch ups on some photos too! So appreciated that! :) Definitely check her out! Thanks again Sally and one of these days we hope to make it to VT for some Fall pictures!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Dina for such a super review! You and Chris were so much fun and great to work with and I thoroughly enjoyed myself on your wedding day. The church was also spectacular and love that we were able to take some time to get a few "artsy" shots there and also our session by the gazebo before the rain. Thank you both for being so amazing!

Mariann · Married on 09/29/2018

When my daughter and her husband announced their engagement I knew right away that Sally would be the photographer we would hire. I had been admiring her work as a wedding photographer for quite some time on Facebook. Her pictures were just beautiful and this proved to be no exception at our daughter’s wedding. Sally was able to capture the moments that are so important, the romance, as well as the fun and just pure joy. Sally was very accommodating, as well. The package that we chose included an engagement session. However, the couple preferred to have pictures for the rehearsal dinner and welcome bonfire. Without hesitation Sally made that switch. During the cocktail hour Sally was able to take terrific pictures of the couple while still allowing for plenty of mingle time with the guests. We were just thrilled that pictures were ready for viewing a couple of days after the wedding!

Sally’s excellent quality of work, easy ability to accommodate requests, promptness, professionalism and pleasant manner were everything we wanted. The photographs will be a lovely reminder for years to come of our daughter and her husband’s special weekend.

Sent on 10/12/2018

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Marianne for such a glowing review! It was a pleasure being able to photograph Kate and Fernando's wedding day and rehearsal dinner. What a wonderful couple and family!
    Thank you so much for choosing my team and myself as your photographers, we had a wonderful time.
    Cheers,
    Sally

Rebecca · Married on 08/25/2018

Sally and her team are very efficient, capturing moments that we didn't even know happened. We could not be more pleased with the quality of our photos. We were surprised by how quick we were able to reminise by viewing sneak peeks and sally's blog. We were absolutely speechless to see our wedding blog, it was just perfect.

Sent on 09/03/2018

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Becca for the great review! You and Levi were so gracious and welcoming and your guests so very friendly it was easy to get those fun candid moments and by allowing us so much time for the sneak out session we could get those beautiful Vermont light portraits in the evening.

Jana · Married on 08/18/2018

Was very prompt editing and sending my usb with my great photos on it!

Sent on 09/02/2018

Mirella · Married on 08/11/2018

We found Sally through Wedding Wire and really loved our engagement and wedding photos!

Sent on 08/28/2018

Alyssa · Married on 06/09/2018

WOW Sally is amazing! She comes with a team and is all business the day of. However, my photos are oh so worth it!

Sent on 06/19/2018
    Sally Carpenter Photography 26
    Sally Carpenter Photography 27
    Sally Carpenter Photography 28
    Sally Carpenter Photography 29
    Sally Carpenter Photography 30

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Hello Alyssa and thank you for the great review! You wedding is actually one of my featured weddings as it truly was a magical event! Hereis the link and congratulation to you and Ryan one more time, you are both fantastic people!

suzi · Married on 06/09/2018

Thank you with all my heart!!

Sally is a true professional and her technical skills are fabulous! We are absolutely thrilled with all of the photos... planned and candid alike!

My daughter and her fiance were not interested in the engagement shots included in her price but Sally convinced them that it is an excellent time to get comfortable with her and the camera and boy was she right! The time together and the photos were wonderful and it really had positive impact on their wedding day. Sally became someone they felt they knew and trusted rather than a stranger.

Sally was very precise in nailing down all of the shots the we all wanted taken which was really helpful to have done in advance... the wedding day is so busy we would never have thought of them all then!

She photographed what seemed like every minute of the day beginning from bridal getting ready to last dance. I treasure her capture of the beauty and spirit of my daughter and son in law's very special day.

Sent on 10/21/2018

Jennifer · Married on 05/19/2018

Our wedding was small and intimate and Sally captured the spirit and soul of it! She also gave so much time and energy to checking out the venue, meeting with us, and scoping out great spots for shots. Then the day of it was rainy and dark, and she worked so hard to make sure that we still had beautiful photos. Sally also brought a back up photographer to make sure that every aspect was covered at no additional expense, as well as a photographer new to wedding photography who helped with lighting. The team was so great and committed to making sure we have wonderful photos. We couldn't be happier with Sally and recommend her and her team without reservation.

Sent on 05/28/2018

Jonna Kennedy · Married on 04/20/2018

Every photo was magic

I don’t know if i can put into words how amazing Sally was. She was first and foremost a delight to work with. She really put thought and care into each photo and it truly shows. We eloped and wanted to still have professional photos taken. She did an amazijf job capturing our special day. We can’t thank her enough and we hope to work with her again in the future. I would highly recommend her to anyone for any event.

Sent on 04/06/2019
    Sally Carpenter Photography 35
    Sally Carpenter Photography 36
    Sally Carpenter Photography 37

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Jonna for the lovely review! Your elopement was truly magical and I was so happy to capture those moments and beautiful memories for you!

Alicia · Married on 09/23/2017

We received our thumb drive from our wedding a few weeks back and WOW!!! I love so many pictures. I am not a girl who likes photos and I rarely take a good photo. However, Sally managed to take so many that I love!

My Husband (still getting use to calling him that) and I were laughing because based on Sally's recommendation, we were trying to move our favorite photos to a separate folder. In the end, we had more in the favorites folder than the left behind file.

Sally, was very easy to work with, was very professional and help us have the laid-back wedding we hoped to have. I couldn't recommend her more!

Sent on 11/03/2017
    Sally Carpenter Photography 45
    Sally Carpenter Photography 46
    Sally Carpenter Photography 47

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Alicia for this wonderful review! Your wedding was so much fun and you and Russ were a dream to work with. Truly a loving, fantastic couple!

Albert · Married on 09/16/2017

Sally Carpenter has to be the best photographer and we were lucky to have booked her.
    The day of our wedding she was phenomenal. She brought tension and nervousness to ease and we knew from the first Camera shots that we hired a gem. Her character and confidence showed throughout the busy day and it was comforting to know we were going to get amazing pictures...
    And we did, once we got the pictures we felt like we paid a million dollars for the wedding...
    Sally and gael worked hard to make sure they got to every angle or spot to take the best shot.
    Her confidence showed many times as she took control of people's ideas or thoughts, added her professional advice and either agreed or came up with something that she knew would be a better shot.
    You need a photographer who isn't scared to show her knowledge and get you the best photo ideas. Sally did just that.
    In fact on a bridge in Tyson VT, population 300 she stopped a couple Jeeping from CT on the bridge and used the Jeep as a candid shot.
    You can't find candid, spontaneous photographer's like Sally and gael.
    Our guests even noted how hard the photographers we're working to get the best angle. In video's you can even notice gael and Sally simultaneously moving together, hundred feet away from each other working to get numerous angles on the next best picture.
    We hired Sally on a few references and her world wide resume speaks volumes.
    Our pictures were amazing and we decided to send a special thank you to her with an additional tip. We felt like we got the deal of a lifetime! :)
    We feel lucky to have been able to book her,
    It was the wedding of a lifetime because of Sally Carpenter and we owe her for the rest of our lives....
    Albie & Sabrina Borne

Sally Carpenter Photography 54
    Sally Carpenter Photography 55
    Sally Carpenter Photography 56

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Albie ! I'm speechless! :) What a fantastic review and what a wonderful couple you and Sabrina are. Echo Lake is another favorite venue for us and I must say we did get some amazing shots at your wedding but it also has to do with the wedding party being up for almost anything and yours certainly was! What a fantastic day with some fantastic people! Tom and Kyle are also the best and wonderful to work with!

Marie · Married on 08/12/2017

Sally was amazing from the first phone call! I felt so comfortable after talking with her and decided right away I wanted her to photograph our wedding. Definitely the right decision! Sally and Gael were so professional the day of the wedding and yet fit in like part of our group. We did "first look" and family photos before the ceremony and it was great because we had so much more time to spend with our guests!
    And then within a week we had our photos!! Hands down some of the best I have ever seen!!! We could not be happier and I would highly recommend Sally to anyone!!!

Sent on 08/20/2017

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Marie! We really enjoyed ourselves at your wedding! Everyone was so friendly it was easy to fit in and feel right at home!

Veronica · Married on 08/05/2017

Sally was amazing from day one. She was very open from the start, and really listened to what we wanted for our wedding photos. She was prompt and professional. We highly enjoyed working with her and more beyond thrilled with the results. Our wedding photos are gorgeous and were given to us extremely promptly. I wouldn't hesitate hiring Sally again for any other photo needs!

Sent on 08/17/2017

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Veronica! The Saratoga Golf and Polo Club was a first for us and it was amazing to have such a great and easy going couple to photograph there. The ceremony was beyond beautiful and it was fantastic to have a couple who were up for almost anything with the romance session and first look. You two are the best!

Colleen · Married on 07/29/2017

Sally is top notch! She captured our wedding experience in ways that we will always treasure. In order to capture the best of pictures and angles, she uses a second photographer as well, who does equally amazing work. We could not be more pleased with the quality of work, the quick turn around, and the value for the price. I would absolutely recommend Sally Carpenter Photography if you are looking for a wedding photographer in Vermont!

Sent on 08/15/2017

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Colleen it was so great to work with the two of you as well and to be at one of our favorite venues ( The Inn at Manchester) was also a plus! I love the Irish theme of your wedding and the way the two of you just fell right in with the romance session and the chemistry between you just glowed! A very very happy wedding indeed!

Jodi · Married on 07/23/2017

Pictures were amazing- thank you for capturing our special day

Sent on 07/27/2017

Amy · Married on 07/08/2017

Sally was wonderful to work with she listened, and was very responsive. I am obcessed with the photos. She and her partner literally captured every moment perfectly! My children's personalities shine through in the photos and love my now husband and I share radiates in them. She took our direction of "candid, family photos of our kids being themselves" and made magic. I highly recommend her to anyone looking to highlight there day in a creative and realistic light.

Sent on 07/25/2017

Colleen · Married on 04/29/2017

We had Sally as our photographer for our wedding recently at the Mountain Top Inn and Resort. She was so incredibly professional and I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to be apart of our big day. She knew the venue so well which really saved time because she knew the best locations based on lighting. She was extremely knowledgable and was able to direct us to create great pictures. She also made everyone feel super comfortable. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 05/02/2017

DJ · Married on 09/27/2016

Sally photographed our wedding on September 27, 2016, and I could not be more thrilled with the outcome. My husband and I had a planned elopement in Vermont with just our parents present, and Sally treated it as if it were a wedding of 200! She showed up to the venue the day before to take some test shots and plan out what our photos will be like the day of the ceremony. I felt at ease the moment I met her and Gail, who was her second photographer. She remained in constant contact with me from the moment I found her on thumbtack until just recently. The day of the wedding she showed up early and I immediately felt like I had known her for years. She's very kind, funny, and clearly loves what she does. She also has quite an eye for unique photos and knows how to guide you on your next step. Whether you should smile, laugh, look away, etc. She captured everything we could have imagined and more! After receiving our photos my husband and I could not believe how stunning photo after photo was. Not that I doubted her, but she went above and beyond! I will recommend Sally to anyone looking for a fabulous photographer. We are out of towners but plan to be back to the venue (The Mountain Top Inn & Resort) to celebrate our one year anniversary, and might even hire Sally again to capture some shots. Thank you to you and Gail for your superb work!! I stare at our pictures every chance I get :)

Sent on 10/20/2016

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you DJ for the great review... for the record though I rarely respond to Thumbtack wedding photography requests, but DJ's wedding was on a Tuesday so I decided to do a local "fill in" and I must say it was a very fun day!

Annie · Married on 09/24/2016

Sally and her second shooter Gael were amazing. We couldn't have asked for more professional photographers with a better eye. We had a rushed timeline and they were able to get every little detail for us. Anyone can take a picture but for your wedding you really want someone with the equipment to catch all those little moments that mean so much, Sally is most definitely worth the investment! It can be torture waiting to get the final images but Sally was amazingly quick, and everything looks better than we could ever have imagined.

Sent on 05/26/2017

Cathi · Married on 09/24/2016

Sally was wonderful. Planning and elopement from Texas to happen in Vermont was made easy with Sally. Sally met us a day before to go over ideas and settings. The day of the ceremony, Sally came before the ceremony to take many pictures, took many during the ceremony and stayed after to take more pictures. Sally let me do formal, fun, silly and traditional photos. She was not hurried and took time to be sure all lighting was good. (With an outdoor ceremony, the sun light played a huge role in the pictures!) Sally was very reasonable in her pricing. Sally was recommended by my Officiant (also from Weddingwire). It was a great time and I cannot wait to see the final results. Thank you Sally!

Sent on 09/18/2016

Danielle · Married on 07/30/2016

Sally's work is priceless. She understood exactly what I wanted, and delivered flawlessly. Sally captured so much of the joy in my wedding day; I am still amazed every time I look at the gorgeous photos. I am so grateful to have found Sally! No bride has ever looked back on their wedding day and complained that the photography was too wonderful.

Sent on 01/28/2017