Sally Carpenter Photography Reviews

53 | Woodstock, VT

53 Reviews for Sally Carpenter Photography

Tish Diruocco · Getting married on 01/10/2022

Elopement - October 25, 2020 - Silagyi

I found Sally Carpenter's photography on Wedding Wire and loved the photos! I called her right away and she couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating! She made our elopement fun and the photos are so beautiful!

Sent on 11/12/2020

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Tish for the lovely review, the two of you are absolutely adorable and it was such a joy to photograph your elopement at Twin Farms, it was a beautiful day and we captured some wonderful moments!

Ryan Bersani · Getting married on 10/10/2021

Knowledgeable and responsive

In our interactions with Sally, she has shown herself to be such a knowledgeable professional. We were fortunate enough to choose a venue with which Sally is familiar. She was able to provide detailed guidance based on her knowledge of lighting. This helped us make specific choices (e.g. arranging ceremony to avoid excessive shadows) which we never would have thought of without her expertise. We are so glad we chose her, and at this time with uncertainty, she's been extremely responsive. We look forward to working with her on our wedding day.

Sent on 09/26/2020

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Ryan for your lovely review...yes it is so important to try for the optimal lighting on your wedding day if at all possible and I am so glad the two of you were able to arrange your ceremony as to take advantage of this. I know you will be over the moon with the images!

Tracy Glazier · Getting married on 08/10/2021

Captures Emotions and Connection

Sally took the time to get to know us and who we are as a couple. Before we even signed a contract, she spent almost an hour on video chat learning about us, answering our questions, and explaining how she operates. She clearly values capturing our organic emotions and I have full confidence that she will be able to capture not only the event, but our personalities too.

Sent on 09/26/2020

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Tracy for the wonderful review. It was such fun getting to know the two of you on our video chat and I am so happy you are interested in capturing natural, candid wedding photos. I honestly believe emotion is the most important aspect of your wedding photos and I look forward to presenting you with emotions, loving and sometimes hilarious images you will cherish forever.
  • Penfield

Penfield Pavilion · Married on 08/01/2020

Sally is the BEST!

Planning any sort of wedding during a pandemic is extra stressful (even if it is an elopement/minimony!). Working with Sally, though, was stress free!!! After our first email exchanges, I knew Sally was perfect for our special day. She arrived early to capture some shots of the venue and florals. Her attention to detail is incredible and she made sure to work with us with any special request we had! We just received our photos, and we know we will be looking at these with happy memories for months and years to come! If you are getting married or eloping in VT or the surrounding area, look no further.. Sally is the best. Thank you Sally!!

Sent on 08/08/2020

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Erin for a lovely review! Your elopement was nothing short of amazing and I loved meeting Yukon (Dog of Honor) and Kodiak (Best Dog)! The floating dock was such a great surprise and everyone was so very friendly! You and Justing are a lovely couple and I wish you both the very, very best! xo

Hallie Bernstein · Married on 07/18/2020

Friendly, flexible, and great value

Sally totally understood the challenges presented by COVID and was great about offering options that worked with our revised plan (and budget!). She's great to work with- highly recommended!

Sent on 09/25/2020

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Hi Hallie! Thank you so much for your review and recommendation. Yes, at this time of uncertainty I feel it only fair to reduce my prices for smaller, shorter weddings and even refund the complete deposit to couples who were to able to reschedule through no fault of their own.
  • Judith

Judith Flores · Married on 07/05/2020

Memorable, fun, and a dream come true!

Sally has such a great soul and a creative eye. I loved being photographed by her, especially watching her visualizing the perfect picture, as we walked towards the next area. There were several stops for photographs, which was fine but all of the walking and moving, made my dress bunch up under my chest. I wouldve liked a little more attention to detail, as there were a few pictures where my dress was not on correctly, and my husband's suspenders were showing, and his vest was disheveled. Over all the experience was great, she deserves the five star ratings I gave, theres no doubt about that. Please give Sally a chance to take your dream wedding pictures❤ It was just me and my husband there, due to Covid-19, but her energy was more than enough to make us feel special and less alone. She provides you with several different color and styles of photographs, and is open to any suggestions. We couldnt have had a better photographer. Thank you, Sally for creating a beautiful and memorable elopement!

Sent on 08/06/2020

Hello Judith,
    Thank you so much for the lovely review, I am so sorry I missed a few details during our shoot but a lot of the time the sun was directly in my face so I was fighting that as well as social distancing because of COVID, I am usually very good at seeing those wardrobe malfunctions during a romance photo session. During the cake cutting when Richard's suspenders were showing was unfortunate and a tough call on my part, whether to butt in and fix it or let the two of you enjoy the moment. Here is a link to your blog so my couples can see some of the other photos we did end up with.
  • Kristen

Kristen Bonito · Married on 06/25/2020

Flexible Vendor Who Listens to your Needs

COVID hasn't been an easy on any aspect of life, but having Sally work with us on reducing the hours of photography for our micro wedding saved us a significant amount of money. She has also been very helpful when it comes to time of day and how the lighting will look in pictures. I'm so excited to see how our pictures come out!

Sent on 09/24/2020

Hi Kristen,
    Thank you so very much for the review and I feel so for all my 2020 couples who have had to resize, rethink and reschedule their weddings. I am just so glad I can accommodate you and Eduan and I know your Mt.Top Resort, micro wedding will be amazing! I look forward to presenting the two of you with some wonderful images and I am really looking forward to your romance session on the lake at sunset!
  • Deborah

Deborah Card · Married on 11/02/2019

Absolutely Phenomenal- Professional!

Sally and her second shooter Gale were nothing but amazing. These two work so well together. We hadn't met prior to our wedding weekend, however when we were introduced it felt so comfortable I had the utmost confidence. When they showed up on our wedding day they knew just what to do and which photos to get. Sally was able to envision the most beautiful photos and even took into account the shape of the trees to get the best photo! ---- If you have a choice for a photographer.... CHOOSE SALLY. She knows what shes doing and has the portfolio to prove it!

Sent on 11/17/2019

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Deb for the wonderful review! You and Brandon were such fun and up for anything, which makes my job so much easier.
    Hugs to both of you!

Lizzy Lamson · Married on 10/12/2019

Wow, Amazing, Perfect

Sally was prompt with initial inquiry, worked with me and our budget, and my vision for the day. She was flexible and so helpful every step of the way. She has TONS of experience with weddings, so she was so helpful with advice and what has worked well in the past. We communicated through out the entire planning process. Sally and her 2nd photographer, Gael were amazing day of. They were prompt with their arrival and started right away. They were friendly, professional, and we could tell that they truly enjoy the work that they’re doing. The finished product/photos were amazing, they truly captured our perfect day perfectly.

Sent on 10/23/2019

Hi Lizzy,

Thank you so much for the great review, it truly was a perfect day with a wonderful couple! You and Trevor were both so happy, loving and an absolute joy to photograph.

Big Hug to both of you!
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing pictures!

Sally was absolutely great to work with. She was extremely responsive leading up to our event, and super friendly in person. She and Russ ( who helped the day of our wedding) helped two pretty camera shy people feel comfortable in front of the camera and the results are amazing! She delivered so many photos to us, and sent them to us within a week of the event! I would recommend her to anyone based on results, price and pleasant demeanor!

Sent on 09/19/2019

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Hannah for your wonderful review! Russ and I loved being part of your lovely wedding. Everyone was so friendly and the setting was just beautiful.
  • Margo

Margo Gebbie · Married on 08/10/2019

Couldn't have asked for better

Sally and Hayley were absolutely amazing. Before our wedding day Sally was quick to respond to emails and give feedback regarding the suggested timelines. She was also very helpful with suggested ideas. Sally and Hayley made us feel comfortable being in front of the camera, when usually we'd shy away. They were simply AMAZING. Within 24 hours we even got to see some sneak peeks, and we're stunned. I would 100% recommend Sally to anyone in the VT area. She captured our small farm wedding perfectly.

Sent on 09/03/2019

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Margo for your great review! Your wedding was so much fun and you and Patrick were great! I am just sorry the rains came and the ceremony was not able to take place on that amazing hillside, but happy we at least got to go out for a few photos there.
    Hugs to the both of you!

samantha · Married on 07/27/2019

Sally was incredible!

Right off the bat, Sally impressed us. She has a gift at documenting special moments from unique perspectives; using light, shadows, reflections and other elements to breathe life into every picture.
    We were fortunate to work with her for both our engagement session & wedding day. (Definitely use the same photographer for both, so you can build a great rapport - plus you'll feel so much more comfortable on your big day!) Sally is so easy to work with, even when you might feel awkward, not know how to stand or what exactly you should do with your hands, Trust her! Sally's guidance and creativity always pay off.

Our wedding photos are absolutely insane, mind blowing really. Each of her photos tell a story, allowing us to relive those emotions as if we're right back in that very moment (which is spectacular because the day truly goes by so fast!) We could thank Sally and Gael a million times and it still wouldn’t be enough. Worth every penny and more.

Sent on 08/12/2019

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Samantha for the fantastic review and a wonderfully fun wedding day. You and Adam were just great and made us feel like one of the party.
  • Alicia

Alicia · Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing photographer

Sally and her second shooter had never been to my venue so she spent two days scouting locations before my big day. she was wonderful and made me feel
    comfortable and beautiful the whole day! She turned around over 1000 beautiful photos within weeks of my day in the CUTEST packaging as well. She did an amazing job and i highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/10/2019

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Alicia for the super review....You and Paul were such a special couple and I am so happy I was able to capture your wedding day memories for you. I do think we ended up with some beautiful images and Summit Lodge was the perfect location.
    Big Hug to the both of you!

Here is a link to the blog:
  • Pamela

Pamela · Married on 05/19/2019

Amazing work and professionalism

Sally and her assistants were absolutely amazing to work with. She provided timelines for the day of, was extremely responsive and very organized. Our wedding day went very smoothly and we were able to stay on track with our photos, even finishing early. Sally provided an almost immediate sneak peak of photos which were stunning. Her eye for photography is incredible and she was so quick to send the finished photos. We are so blessed to have found her and highly recommend her for her wedding photography and fine arts portraits. Thank you again Sally!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Pamela for your stunning review. Its truly was a beautiful day and you, Matthew and the entire wedding party were a dream to work with.
  • Wendy

Wendy Van Vlandren · Married on 05/16/2019

A Perfect Day

Sally was amazing! I love my pictures! Her style of photography was exactly what I was looking for. She is super friendly and a pleasure to work with. She helped make our elopement exceed our expectations. She gives good directions and captures all the little moments that really make wedding photos special. I highly recommend her photography services.

She has partnered with Annie Alexander-Kramer (The Parsonne) to offer an elopement - or small wedding - package in addition to her regular photography services. It was perfect for our needs.

Sent on 06/04/2019

liz rosen · Married on 05/10/2019

Great photographer

We were very happy with our experience with Sally. She was responsive to e-mails and flexible with our needs. She essentially provided service from 10:30am until 9:00pm and was a great sport about the long day. She (and her second shooter, Gail) were both enjoyable to work with and professional. We received our photos (both on USB and a huge online gallery) in an extremely timely manner and have plenty of wonderful pictures through which we can remember our wedding.

Sent on 10/17/2019

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

thank you Liz for your review, it was such a pleasure working with you and Ted and the tea ceremony was especially touching. Wishing you both all the best! Here is a link to your wedding as it was featured on my web page: https://www.sallycarpenterphotography.com/the-quechee-inn-at-marshland-farm-wedding
  • Mandie

Mandie · Married on 11/03/2018

Great Experience

Working with Sally has been one of the great experience I've had during wedding planning. She was very responsive and professional. She helped me throughout the photography planning. My wedding was not at all perfect since I planned it myself, but Sally and Gale captured it perfectly. She also withstand all of my weird requests and needs.

The images came in the mail in less than two weeks. That was a lot faster than what I expected. All came out perfect! My husband and I couldn't ask for a better photographer! Highly recommended!

Sent on 11/20/2018

D · Married on 10/20/2018

Fantastic Photographer!

Sally was great right from the beginning. She was quick to respond and even stayed in touch when she was overseas to make sure our date was secured. When we met Sally she was very kind and engaging. Had a great chat about some details of our wedding and what to generally expect. The closer we got to the wedding we naturally had more emails going back and forth, discussing details and last minute questions. Sally was prompt and covered everything. Most importantly, the pictures came out beautifully!!
    On our 1 week anniversary our thumb drive came in the mail. We were thrilled! Even though we had moments during our private post-ceremony photo shoot where we wanted to get to our guests, we are glad we stayed with Sally to get photographs. They are really beautiful! And afterwards Sally was great in taking care of some touch ups on some photos too! So appreciated that! :) Definitely check her out! Thanks again Sally and one of these days we hope to make it to VT for some Fall pictures!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Dina for such a super review! You and Chris were so much fun and great to work with and I thoroughly enjoyed myself on your wedding day. The church was also spectacular and love that we were able to take some time to get a few "artsy" shots there and also our session by the gazebo before the rain. Thank you both for being so amazing!

Mariann · Married on 09/29/2018

When my daughter and her husband announced their engagement I knew right away that Sally would be the photographer we would hire. I had been admiring her work as a wedding photographer for quite some time on Facebook. Her pictures were just beautiful and this proved to be no exception at our daughter’s wedding. Sally was able to capture the moments that are so important, the romance, as well as the fun and just pure joy. Sally was very accommodating, as well. The package that we chose included an engagement session. However, the couple preferred to have pictures for the rehearsal dinner and welcome bonfire. Without hesitation Sally made that switch. During the cocktail hour Sally was able to take terrific pictures of the couple while still allowing for plenty of mingle time with the guests. We were just thrilled that pictures were ready for viewing a couple of days after the wedding!

Sally’s excellent quality of work, easy ability to accommodate requests, promptness, professionalism and pleasant manner were everything we wanted. The photographs will be a lovely reminder for years to come of our daughter and her husband’s special weekend.

Sent on 10/12/2018

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Marianne for such a glowing review! It was a pleasure being able to photograph Kate and Fernando's wedding day and rehearsal dinner. What a wonderful couple and family!
    Thank you so much for choosing my team and myself as your photographers, we had a wonderful time.
    Cheers,
    Sally

Rebecca · Married on 08/25/2018

Sally and her team are very efficient, capturing moments that we didn't even know happened. We could not be more pleased with the quality of our photos. We were surprised by how quick we were able to reminise by viewing sneak peeks and sally's blog. We were absolutely speechless to see our wedding blog, it was just perfect.

Sent on 09/03/2018

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Becca for the great review! You and Levi were so gracious and welcoming and your guests so very friendly it was easy to get those fun candid moments and by allowing us so much time for the sneak out session we could get those beautiful Vermont light portraits in the evening.

Jana · Married on 08/18/2018

Was very prompt editing and sending my usb with my great photos on it!

Sent on 09/02/2018

Mirella · Married on 08/11/2018

We found Sally through Wedding Wire and really loved our engagement and wedding photos!

Sent on 08/28/2018

Alyssa · Married on 06/09/2018

WOW Sally is amazing! She comes with a team and is all business the day of. However, my photos are oh so worth it!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Hello Alyssa and thank you for the great review! You wedding is actually one of my featured weddings as it truly was a magical event! Hereis the link and congratulation to you and Ryan one more time, you are both fantastic people!

suzi · Married on 06/09/2018

Thank you with all my heart!!

Sally is a true professional and her technical skills are fabulous! We are absolutely thrilled with all of the photos... planned and candid alike!

My daughter and her fiance were not interested in the engagement shots included in her price but Sally convinced them that it is an excellent time to get comfortable with her and the camera and boy was she right! The time together and the photos were wonderful and it really had positive impact on their wedding day. Sally became someone they felt they knew and trusted rather than a stranger.

Sally was very precise in nailing down all of the shots the we all wanted taken which was really helpful to have done in advance... the wedding day is so busy we would never have thought of them all then!

She photographed what seemed like every minute of the day beginning from bridal getting ready to last dance. I treasure her capture of the beauty and spirit of my daughter and son in law's very special day.

Sent on 10/21/2018