Sally Carpenter Photography Reviews

Sally Carpenter Photography 5
  • Deborah

Deborah Card · Married on 11/02/2019

Absolutely Phenomenal- Professional!

Sally and her second shooter Gale were nothing but amazing. These two work so well together. We hadn't met prior to our wedding weekend, however when we were introduced it felt so comfortable I had the utmost confidence. When they showed up on our wedding day they knew just what to do and which photos to get. Sally was able to envision the most beautiful photos and even took into account the shape of the trees to get the best photo! ---- If you have a choice for a photographer.... CHOOSE SALLY. She knows what shes doing and has the portfolio to prove it!

Sally Carpenter Photography 6
    Sally Carpenter Photography 11
    Sally Carpenter Photography 12
    Sent on 11/17/2019

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Deb for the wonderful review! You and Brandon were such fun and up for anything, which makes my job so much easier.
    Hugs to both of you!

Lizzy Lamson · Married on 10/12/2019

Wow, Amazing, Perfect

Sally was prompt with initial inquiry, worked with me and our budget, and my vision for the day. She was flexible and so helpful every step of the way. She has TONS of experience with weddings, so she was so helpful with advice and what has worked well in the past. We communicated through out the entire planning process. Sally and her 2nd photographer, Gael were amazing day of. They were prompt with their arrival and started right away. They were friendly, professional, and we could tell that they truly enjoy the work that they’re doing. The finished product/photos were amazing, they truly captured our perfect day perfectly.

Sally Carpenter Photography 13
    Sally Carpenter Photography 14
    Sent on 10/23/2019

Hi Lizzy,

Thank you so much for the great review, it truly was a perfect day with a wonderful couple! You and Trevor were both so happy, loving and an absolute joy to photograph.

Big Hug to both of you!
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing pictures!

Sally was absolutely great to work with. She was extremely responsive leading up to our event, and super friendly in person. She and Russ ( who helped the day of our wedding) helped two pretty camera shy people feel comfortable in front of the camera and the results are amazing! She delivered so many photos to us, and sent them to us within a week of the event! I would recommend her to anyone based on results, price and pleasant demeanor!

Sally Carpenter Photography 15
    Sally Carpenter Photography 16
    Sally Carpenter Photography 17
    Sent on 09/19/2019

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Hannah for your wonderful review! Russ and I loved being part of your lovely wedding. Everyone was so friendly and the setting was just beautiful.
  • Margo

Margo Gebbie · Married on 08/10/2019

Couldn't have asked for better

Sally and Hayley were absolutely amazing. Before our wedding day Sally was quick to respond to emails and give feedback regarding the suggested timelines. She was also very helpful with suggested ideas. Sally and Hayley made us feel comfortable being in front of the camera, when usually we'd shy away. They were simply AMAZING. Within 24 hours we even got to see some sneak peeks, and we're stunned. I would 100% recommend Sally to anyone in the VT area. She captured our small farm wedding perfectly.

Sent on 09/03/2019

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Margo for your great review! Your wedding was so much fun and you and Patrick were great! I am just sorry the rains came and the ceremony was not able to take place on that amazing hillside, but happy we at least got to go out for a few photos there.
    Hugs to the both of you!

samantha · Married on 07/27/2019

Sally was incredible!

Right off the bat, Sally impressed us. She has a gift at documenting special moments from unique perspectives; using light, shadows, reflections and other elements to breathe life into every picture.
    We were fortunate to work with her for both our engagement session & wedding day. (Definitely use the same photographer for both, so you can build a great rapport - plus you'll feel so much more comfortable on your big day!) Sally is so easy to work with, even when you might feel awkward, not know how to stand or what exactly you should do with your hands, Trust her! Sally's guidance and creativity always pay off.

Our wedding photos are absolutely insane, mind blowing really. Each of her photos tell a story, allowing us to relive those emotions as if we're right back in that very moment (which is spectacular because the day truly goes by so fast!) We could thank Sally and Gael a million times and it still wouldn’t be enough. Worth every penny and more.

Sally Carpenter Photography 18
    Sally Carpenter Photography 19
    Sally Carpenter Photography 20
    Sally Carpenter Photography 21
    Sent on 08/12/2019

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Samantha for the fantastic review and a wonderfully fun wedding day. You and Adam were just great and made us feel like one of the party.
  • Alicia

Alicia · Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing photographer

Sally and her second shooter had never been to my venue so she spent two days scouting locations before my big day. she was wonderful and made me feel
    comfortable and beautiful the whole day! She turned around over 1000 beautiful photos within weeks of my day in the CUTEST packaging as well. She did an amazing job and i highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/10/2019

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Alicia for the super review....You and Paul were such a special couple and I am so happy I was able to capture your wedding day memories for you. I do think we ended up with some beautiful images and Summit Lodge was the perfect location.
    Big Hug to the both of you!

Here is a link to the blog:
  • Pamela

Pamela · Married on 05/19/2019

Amazing work and professionalism

Sally and her assistants were absolutely amazing to work with. She provided timelines for the day of, was extremely responsive and very organized. Our wedding day went very smoothly and we were able to stay on track with our photos, even finishing early. Sally provided an almost immediate sneak peak of photos which were stunning. Her eye for photography is incredible and she was so quick to send the finished photos. We are so blessed to have found her and highly recommend her for her wedding photography and fine arts portraits. Thank you again Sally!

Sally Carpenter Photography 22
    Sally Carpenter Photography 23
    Sally Carpenter Photography 24
    Sally Carpenter Photography 25
    Sally Carpenter Photography 26
    Sally Carpenter Photography 27
    Sent on 06/04/2019

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Pamela for your stunning review. Its truly was a beautiful day and you, Matthew and the entire wedding party were a dream to work with.
  • Wendy

Wendy Van Vlandren · Married on 05/16/2019

A Perfect Day

Sally was amazing! I love my pictures! Her style of photography was exactly what I was looking for. She is super friendly and a pleasure to work with. She helped make our elopement exceed our expectations. She gives good directions and captures all the little moments that really make wedding photos special. I highly recommend her photography services.

She has partnered with Annie Alexander-Kramer (The Parsonne) to offer an elopement - or small wedding - package in addition to her regular photography services. It was perfect for our needs.

Sally Carpenter Photography 28
    Sally Carpenter Photography 39
    Sent on 06/04/2019

liz rosen · Married on 05/10/2019

Great photographer

We were very happy with our experience with Sally. She was responsive to e-mails and flexible with our needs. She essentially provided service from 10:30am until 9:00pm and was a great sport about the long day. She (and her second shooter, Gail) were both enjoyable to work with and professional. We received our photos (both on USB and a huge online gallery) in an extremely timely manner and have plenty of wonderful pictures through which we can remember our wedding.

Sent on 10/17/2019

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

thank you Liz for your review, it was such a pleasure working with you and Ted and the tea ceremony was especially touching. Wishing you both all the best! Here is a link to your wedding as it was featured on my web page: https://www.sallycarpenterphotography.com/the-quechee-inn-at-marshland-farm-wedding
  • Mandie

Mandie · Married on 11/03/2018

Great Experience

Working with Sally has been one of the great experience I've had during wedding planning. She was very responsive and professional. She helped me throughout the photography planning. My wedding was not at all perfect since I planned it myself, but Sally and Gale captured it perfectly. She also withstand all of my weird requests and needs.

The images came in the mail in less than two weeks. That was a lot faster than what I expected. All came out perfect! My husband and I couldn't ask for a better photographer! Highly recommended!

Sent on 11/20/2018

D · Married on 10/20/2018

Fantastic Photographer!

Sally was great right from the beginning. She was quick to respond and even stayed in touch when she was overseas to make sure our date was secured. When we met Sally she was very kind and engaging. Had a great chat about some details of our wedding and what to generally expect. The closer we got to the wedding we naturally had more emails going back and forth, discussing details and last minute questions. Sally was prompt and covered everything. Most importantly, the pictures came out beautifully!!
    On our 1 week anniversary our thumb drive came in the mail. We were thrilled! Even though we had moments during our private post-ceremony photo shoot where we wanted to get to our guests, we are glad we stayed with Sally to get photographs. They are really beautiful! And afterwards Sally was great in taking care of some touch ups on some photos too! So appreciated that! :) Definitely check her out! Thanks again Sally and one of these days we hope to make it to VT for some Fall pictures!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Dina for such a super review! You and Chris were so much fun and great to work with and I thoroughly enjoyed myself on your wedding day. The church was also spectacular and love that we were able to take some time to get a few "artsy" shots there and also our session by the gazebo before the rain. Thank you both for being so amazing!

Mariann · Married on 09/29/2018

When my daughter and her husband announced their engagement I knew right away that Sally would be the photographer we would hire. I had been admiring her work as a wedding photographer for quite some time on Facebook. Her pictures were just beautiful and this proved to be no exception at our daughter’s wedding. Sally was able to capture the moments that are so important, the romance, as well as the fun and just pure joy. Sally was very accommodating, as well. The package that we chose included an engagement session. However, the couple preferred to have pictures for the rehearsal dinner and welcome bonfire. Without hesitation Sally made that switch. During the cocktail hour Sally was able to take terrific pictures of the couple while still allowing for plenty of mingle time with the guests. We were just thrilled that pictures were ready for viewing a couple of days after the wedding!

Sally’s excellent quality of work, easy ability to accommodate requests, promptness, professionalism and pleasant manner were everything we wanted. The photographs will be a lovely reminder for years to come of our daughter and her husband’s special weekend.

Sent on 10/12/2018

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Marianne for such a glowing review! It was a pleasure being able to photograph Kate and Fernando's wedding day and rehearsal dinner. What a wonderful couple and family!
    Thank you so much for choosing my team and myself as your photographers, we had a wonderful time.
    Cheers,
    Sally

Rebecca · Married on 08/25/2018

Sally and her team are very efficient, capturing moments that we didn't even know happened. We could not be more pleased with the quality of our photos. We were surprised by how quick we were able to reminise by viewing sneak peeks and sally's blog. We were absolutely speechless to see our wedding blog, it was just perfect.

Sent on 09/03/2018

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Becca for the great review! You and Levi were so gracious and welcoming and your guests so very friendly it was easy to get those fun candid moments and by allowing us so much time for the sneak out session we could get those beautiful Vermont light portraits in the evening.

Jana · Married on 08/18/2018

Was very prompt editing and sending my usb with my great photos on it!

Sent on 09/02/2018

Mirella · Married on 08/11/2018

We found Sally through Wedding Wire and really loved our engagement and wedding photos!

Sent on 08/28/2018

Alyssa · Married on 06/09/2018

WOW Sally is amazing! She comes with a team and is all business the day of. However, my photos are oh so worth it!

Sally Carpenter Photography 40
    Sally Carpenter Photography 41
    Sally Carpenter Photography 42
    Sally Carpenter Photography 43
    Sally Carpenter Photography 44
    Sent on 06/19/2018

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Hello Alyssa and thank you for the great review! You wedding is actually one of my featured weddings as it truly was a magical event! Hereis the link and congratulation to you and Ryan one more time, you are both fantastic people!

suzi · Married on 06/09/2018

Thank you with all my heart!!

Sally is a true professional and her technical skills are fabulous! We are absolutely thrilled with all of the photos... planned and candid alike!

My daughter and her fiance were not interested in the engagement shots included in her price but Sally convinced them that it is an excellent time to get comfortable with her and the camera and boy was she right! The time together and the photos were wonderful and it really had positive impact on their wedding day. Sally became someone they felt they knew and trusted rather than a stranger.

Sally was very precise in nailing down all of the shots the we all wanted taken which was really helpful to have done in advance... the wedding day is so busy we would never have thought of them all then!

She photographed what seemed like every minute of the day beginning from bridal getting ready to last dance. I treasure her capture of the beauty and spirit of my daughter and son in law's very special day.

Sent on 10/21/2018

Jennifer · Married on 05/19/2018

Our wedding was small and intimate and Sally captured the spirit and soul of it! She also gave so much time and energy to checking out the venue, meeting with us, and scoping out great spots for shots. Then the day of it was rainy and dark, and she worked so hard to make sure that we still had beautiful photos. Sally also brought a back up photographer to make sure that every aspect was covered at no additional expense, as well as a photographer new to wedding photography who helped with lighting. The team was so great and committed to making sure we have wonderful photos. We couldn't be happier with Sally and recommend her and her team without reservation.

Sent on 05/28/2018
  • Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 05/19/2018

Sally Carpenter and her team of professionals exceeded our expectations in every way.

Sally combines matchless artistry with consummate professionalism. Her photography is captivating. With a gorgeous palette (including stunning black and white photography), imaginative lighting, and inspired framing, her photography reflects many depths of love and joy.

The plan was to have an intimate, simple, and fun wedding weekend, with a small group of family and friends. We had hoped that the photography would tell the story of a commitment and a community. Sally was sensitive to our choices and fit naturally into each event. It was clear that she allowed the personalities and caring to shine through. Her photos tell the story beautifully.

Sally does her homework. She listens attentively. She carefully planned her shots for each setting, and when the weather dictated a change, she demonstrated impressive agility. Sally captured Dartmouth landmarks and navigated the weather challenges with humor and grace. There is nothing like a confident and creative photographer to keep stresses to a minimum!

Sally Carpenter has a true gift and is a delight to work with. She brings imagination, practicality, expertise, and devotion to her craft. Her photos were delivered promptly and, just days after the wedding, she published her blog – which we shared with friends and family. They were wowed, and responded that her blog was the next best thing to being there.

We will cherish Sally’s photos for years, as they bring back the joys of the weekend.

I wholeheartedly recommend her services.

Sent on 07/01/2018

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank You Kathleen! What a wonderful review and what a wonderful group of people to work with, everyone was so friendly and made us all feel right at home. It truly was a very special and emotional day!

Jonna Kennedy · Married on 04/20/2018

Every photo was magic

I don’t know if i can put into words how amazing Sally was. She was first and foremost a delight to work with. She really put thought and care into each photo and it truly shows. We eloped and wanted to still have professional photos taken. She did an amazijf job capturing our special day. We can’t thank her enough and we hope to work with her again in the future. I would highly recommend her to anyone for any event.

Sally Carpenter Photography 45
    Sally Carpenter Photography 50
    Sally Carpenter Photography 51
    Sent on 04/06/2019

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Jonna for the lovely review! Your elopement was truly magical and I was so happy to capture those moments and beautiful memories for you!

Alicia · Married on 09/23/2017

We received our thumb drive from our wedding a few weeks back and WOW!!! I love so many pictures. I am not a girl who likes photos and I rarely take a good photo. However, Sally managed to take so many that I love!

My Husband (still getting use to calling him that) and I were laughing because based on Sally's recommendation, we were trying to move our favorite photos to a separate folder. In the end, we had more in the favorites folder than the left behind file.

Sally, was very easy to work with, was very professional and help us have the laid-back wedding we hoped to have. I couldn't recommend her more!

Sally Carpenter Photography 52
    Sally Carpenter Photography 60
    Sally Carpenter Photography 61
    Sent on 11/03/2017

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Alicia for this wonderful review! Your wedding was so much fun and you and Russ were a dream to work with. Truly a loving, fantastic couple!

Albert · Married on 09/16/2017

Sally Carpenter has to be the best photographer and we were lucky to have booked her.
    The day of our wedding she was phenomenal. She brought tension and nervousness to ease and we knew from the first Camera shots that we hired a gem. Her character and confidence showed throughout the busy day and it was comforting to know we were going to get amazing pictures...
    And we did, once we got the pictures we felt like we paid a million dollars for the wedding...
    Sally and gael worked hard to make sure they got to every angle or spot to take the best shot.
    Her confidence showed many times as she took control of people's ideas or thoughts, added her professional advice and either agreed or came up with something that she knew would be a better shot.
    You need a photographer who isn't scared to show her knowledge and get you the best photo ideas. Sally did just that.
    In fact on a bridge in Tyson VT, population 300 she stopped a couple Jeeping from CT on the bridge and used the Jeep as a candid shot.
    You can't find candid, spontaneous photographer's like Sally and gael.
    Our guests even noted how hard the photographers we're working to get the best angle. In video's you can even notice gael and Sally simultaneously moving together, hundred feet away from each other working to get numerous angles on the next best picture.
    We hired Sally on a few references and her world wide resume speaks volumes.
    Our pictures were amazing and we decided to send a special thank you to her with an additional tip. We felt like we got the deal of a lifetime! :)
    We feel lucky to have been able to book her,
    It was the wedding of a lifetime because of Sally Carpenter and we owe her for the rest of our lives....
    Albie & Sabrina Borne

Sally Carpenter Photography 69
    Sally Carpenter Photography 70
    Sent on 11/04/2017

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Albie ! I'm speechless! :) What a fantastic review and what a wonderful couple you and Sabrina are. Echo Lake is another favorite venue for us and I must say we did get some amazing shots at your wedding but it also has to do with the wedding party being up for almost anything and yours certainly was! What a fantastic day with some fantastic people! Tom and Kyle are also the best and wonderful to work with!

Marie · Married on 08/12/2017

Sally was amazing from the first phone call! I felt so comfortable after talking with her and decided right away I wanted her to photograph our wedding. Definitely the right decision! Sally and Gael were so professional the day of the wedding and yet fit in like part of our group. We did "first look" and family photos before the ceremony and it was great because we had so much more time to spend with our guests!
    And then within a week we had our photos!! Hands down some of the best I have ever seen!!! We could not be happier and I would highly recommend Sally to anyone!!!

Sent on 08/20/2017

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Marie! We really enjoyed ourselves at your wedding! Everyone was so friendly it was easy to fit in and feel right at home!

Veronica · Married on 08/05/2017

Sally was amazing from day one. She was very open from the start, and really listened to what we wanted for our wedding photos. She was prompt and professional. We highly enjoyed working with her and more beyond thrilled with the results. Our wedding photos are gorgeous and were given to us extremely promptly. I wouldn't hesitate hiring Sally again for any other photo needs!

Sent on 08/17/2017

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Veronica! The Saratoga Golf and Polo Club was a first for us and it was amazing to have such a great and easy going couple to photograph there. The ceremony was beyond beautiful and it was fantastic to have a couple who were up for almost anything with the romance session and first look. You two are the best!

Colleen · Married on 07/29/2017

Sally is top notch! She captured our wedding experience in ways that we will always treasure. In order to capture the best of pictures and angles, she uses a second photographer as well, who does equally amazing work. We could not be more pleased with the quality of work, the quick turn around, and the value for the price. I would absolutely recommend Sally Carpenter Photography if you are looking for a wedding photographer in Vermont!

Sent on 08/15/2017

Sally Carpenter Photography's reply:

Thank you Colleen it was so great to work with the two of you as well and to be at one of our favorite venues ( The Inn at Manchester) was also a plus! I love the Irish theme of your wedding and the way the two of you just fell right in with the romance session and the chemistry between you just glowed! A very very happy wedding indeed!