Salero Reviews

196 | Rehoboth Beach, DE

196 Reviews for Salero

Tracey · Married on 04/12/2018

Words cannot express how amazing our day was! Dawn told us from the start that it was going to be the “best day ever” and it truly was! First of all the view from Salero is gorgeous! We were married on 4/12/18, on the beach in front of the hotel and it was breathtaking!!!! The food was absolutely amazing, Chef Dave is awesome, cocktail style is definitely the way to go....there were so many selections to choose from and everything was so amazing......I couldn’t even decide which was my favorite!! The staff is phenomenal! The DJ was awesome! Photo booth was so much fun! I just cannot say enough about how great the whole evening was from start to finish! Throughout all of the chaos of the evening, and even having to help fix my dress, Dawn made sure that it ran smoothly and never let us worry about a thing! I definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking to have the “Best Day Ever”!

Sent on 06/17/2018

Jillian · Married on 04/06/2018

I had my reception on 4/6/18 at Salero after a beach ceremony in front the hotel. The food is phenomenal, (even better than my tasting), accommodations were impeccable and the view is breathtaking. Dawn and her staff made sure my day went so smoothly without any hiccups. My husband and I were truly taken care of from start to finish. Dawn was so helpful and responsive starting from my first tour at Salero. It truly was the best day of my life and I would recommend this venue to anyone looking to have an unforgettable event.

Sent on 04/09/2018

Sue · Married on 10/28/2017

10.28.17 we had the most wonderful time celebrating our daughters wedding at Salero. I can’t say enough about how perfect everything was. Dawn and her staff made this so painless, the space is spectacular and the food was delicious. We had 3 chefs at our wedding, 2 of them fine dining, they all loved the food. Everyone had such good things to say about the entire event, the food, service, music, and bar staff. We had Osso Bucco, crab cake and Prosciutto wrapped chicken, all 3 were cooked perfectly and presented beautifully. I would recommend Salero to anyone looking for a venue in an instant!!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Kate · Married on 10/14/2017

All we can say is WOW! Dawn and her team at Salero provided the most perfect day. The food was excellent and the DJ had everyone on the dance floor all night long. Dawn made sure everything ran smoothly from start to finish and makes sure the day is all about you. We are so happy we chose Salero, we are still hearing from our guests how incredible our wedding was.

Sent on 12/05/2017
  • Becca

Rebecca · Married on 09/03/2017

My husband and I are sitting at breakfast the morning after our wedding and we CANNOT stop talking about how amazing Salero is! Thanks to Dawn and her amazingly attentive staff, we had an even more perfect wedding than we possibly could have dreamed. The food is amazing and DJ Steve got everyone shredding it on the dance floor. If you are on the fence about booking Salero, we highly recommend that you go for it. Thank you so much for everything, Dawn and co.!

Sent on 09/04/2017

Kristen · Married on 08/26/2017

My wife and I got married here in August 2017 and it was truly anazing! Dawn was great to work with she calmed our nerves and assured us everything would be perfect! After an amazing beach wedding, we had the best party ever at the Salero! The food was amazing, the drinks were perfect, and people are still talking about our wedding and how much fun it was! The Salero is perfect from the awesome view, amazing food, and the best staff! We want to do it again every year! We love the Salero!!

Kristen and Brittney James

Sent on 03/22/2018

Meghan · Married on 08/05/2017

Dawn and her team made our wedding absolutely amazing!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Katherine · Married on 07/30/2017

Beautiful views, delicious food, great experience! I was married there in July 2017 and it was a beautiful day thanks to Dawn and her husbands amazing food!

Sent on 03/25/2018

Mei · Married on 10/08/2016

My fiance and I picked Rehoboth Beach because we couldn't decide between the beach and some serious fall foliage: Rehoboth managed both. Then of course went the hunt for the venue...and it was easy once I saw how many rave reviews Salero had. Bundled in with a DJ, food, chair service for the beach ceremony and that view? We'd have to be crazy to say no! So of course we didn't. It's such a great value package; if you want to marry in Rehoboth, I couldn't recommend Salero more for the reception.

Dawn made planning from afar easy, always wiling to respond via email or phone. She's a pro. It was the most obvious on the day of, when we had to make a rain call and bring our ceremony indoors. It was never stressful because we'd always known we had that option in our back pocket as a contingency plan. So our ceremony was held on the dance floor, our guests got to stay dry, and everyone had an excellent time. Dawn made sure everything happened on time and without us having to worry about something being missed.

We did a brunch reception with unlimited mimosas/bloody marys/beer & wine (and coffee and OJ of course) with five hot food items, the usual continental muffins and fruit, an omelet station, and a carving station. Trust us, our guests were not short of food or drink and not missing out on dinner service. Plus, holding our reception during the daytime meant we got maximum enjoyment out of that 8th floor view of the ocean: let me reiterate again that it's GORGEOUS. Everyone commented on it and loved it.

DJ Mike is a dream. He was professional, had everything set up and ready to go, played all of our ceremony and reception requests without a hitch, made sure to check in so he got all the wedding party's names right before the announcement and entrances, and got our guests up and dancing even after too much brunch food. He found all of our requests, including the occasional Chinese and Korean song, and was just generally super great.

Sent on 10/11/2016

Eve · Married on 10/01/2016

This venue is fabulous! Dawn and her staff go above and beyond to make sure that you and your guests have a truly memorable wedding experience! The price is great, especially compared to what else is out there. The food and service are absolutely wonderful. We received so many compliments about the appetizers, main course, and service. We highly recommend this venue! Dawn even made sure that we got to try all of the food, and that we felt entirely taken care of the whole night. She is extremely responsive, and was always available to answer any questions throughout the planning process. She truly is amazing at what she does, and we could not be happier that we chose to have our wedding at Salero.

Brandy · Married on 09/25/2016

Looking for a fabulous venue, great staff and fantastic view, look no farther than Salero. My Daughters wedding was on 9/25/16. Dawn and her staff were top notch. So attentive to all of us and Very easy to work with. I can't come up with even one negative. Responds to email within 24hrs.The appetizers and entrees exceeded expectations! The whole night flowed so smoothly thanks to Dawn. DJ was terrific. Kept the dance floor going!! Salero's is the place!! Cannot thank them enough!!

Sent on 10/02/2016

Britt · Married on 09/17/2016

Salero's was the easiest decision we made throughout the wedding planning process! Dawn and her staff will go above and beyond to make sure you have the greatest day ever. You couldn't ask for a better view and the food was amazing! Our friends and family still rave about how amazing our wedding was and it's been 5 month since the big day. I can not say enough good things about Salero's. Easy to work with, great food, amazing DJ, and wonderful bartenders. I loved everything about Salero's! Thank you for making our September wedding beyond amazing!!

Sent on 02/19/2017

James · Married on 09/16/2016

Words can’t describe how special Dawn Horton, her husband David (who also has an Executive partner in the kitchen, really cool guy), and the Salero Team made our wedding day.We met Dawn over a year before our event. From the start, she truly owns her business.

The venue sells itself (incredible view, clean, cool layout, and great size for our size wedding). The website is pretty outstanding and makes it easy to be inspired, get questions answered, and manage your event through a personalized dashboard... Easy easy easy. Then you layer on Dawn and her husband David. Dawn handles the operations and all the planning, and David is a Chef, so runs the food & beverage operation. Dawn is passionate about people and their occasions because she loves helping them celebrate happy times. Combine this with her go-getter momentum, confidence, experience, and her husbands trade as a Chef, and wow. I’m a nervous person and a planner (I have been a big box retail store manager for a few years now, so I’m passionate about sound execution). There wasn’t one point when I doubted Dawn or the party. When we had any questions, she had all the answers. She led us when needed, guided us, and catered to what we wanted. She answered all of our questions, spent as much time as we needed with us, provided us with ideas, guidance, and solutions, all as asked. She referred us to vendors, and after all said and done, has really cool partnerships with them as they all work well together. Anytime we emailed Dawn, we never had to follow up for a response. It was pretty much always immediate, because that’s Dawn. See next review for remainder of our Salero experience.

Andrew · Married on 09/16/2016

Remainder of our review:

The actual event was, we would say, flawless. We were impressed. She is organized, she knows her stuff, caters to what you want, is fair, and executes flawlessly. The team cared about catering to the guests (this is really important in my opinion, because it’s people that make a difference), the food was spot on (expectations exceeded, I’m still getting feedback on the appetizer ribs), and the coordination of the flow of events was to the T. Not one issue. Even if there was an issue, it wouldn’t have mattered, that’s how much fun we had. Dawn touched based with us a few times throughout the night to make sure we were good, and kept our drinks full (We stayed hydrated because of her, and also never had to worry about other drink or food). DJ Mike was spot on. We tried not to micro manage him, and we might have a bit with our song list, but he was spot on, and even cooler, he’s passionate about great music. I remember looking over at him while I was dancing all over the place, and he was dancing along in his booth. It was so fun. All of our guests complimented the party. The staff cares, because Dawn & Dave must care about their team (you can tell), and most important, they have fun.

Her and her husband are doing something they love to do, and therefore the passion naturally produces outstanding results. Dawn & Dave, thanks for an outstanding job. We couldn’t feel more blessed to be able to have this kind of party, and you made it great for us and our family/friends. We highly recommend Salero, if you want to get married in the greater Rehoboth area, book your wedding at Salero immediately!

Morgan · Married on 09/04/2016

We celebrated our wedding on September 4th, at The Salero. Dawn was nothing but top notch with everything. She was so friendly, professional and organized through the whole process. She responded quickly to emails and eased my mind when needed :) The food was amazing, definitely exceeded our expectations. Very good. The DJ did a wonderful job with getting everyone involved and didn't go off queue with our song list. Very professional all around, you guys were awesome!!! Thanks again from the bottom of our hearts for making our day so special!!!

Sent on 09/19/2016

Kera · Married on 07/09/2016

I can honestly say that the crew at Salero make you feel like family. Deciding to have a destination wedding was scary and stressful enough but Dawn made everything go so smoothly and was there for us every step of the way! The price was right, the food was absolutely delicious. Dawn was so attentive to myself and my husband as being the bride and groom is quite the job on that day. She always made sure we had a drink and definitely made sure we didn't have empty stomachs! Mike the DJ was awesome and had the best music playing. I would recommend this place to anyone looking to have a beach wedding!!! Love you guys!!! -Kera and Chris Lindsey

Sent on 03/25/2018
  • caitlin

caitlin · Married on 06/11/2016

Had our wedding this past weekend! Everything was perfect from the ceremony on the beach to the reception. Dawn goes above and beyond to make sure everything turns out perfect. She took good care of us!!! Thank you so much for our perfect wedding!!
    And how did they come up with their food?! It's amazing!!!! Don't waste your time with other places--check out Salero!!!

Sent on 06/15/2016

Lauren · Married on 06/11/2016

If I could give Dawn and her team more than 5 stars I would! Dawn was absolutely amazing and is truly so good at what she does! Everything was perfect! I wouldn't of had such an amazing wedding day if it wasn't for Dawn and her team! My guests told me that we had one of the best weddings they had been to and the food was the best they've tasted attending a wedding! I want to do this day all over again!

Sent on 06/22/2016

Jacquie · Married on 10/04/2015

Please check out the Salero if you haven't already. Run don't walk to talk to Dawn. The salero staff are amazing and the food is fantastic; people are still talking about how good the food was at our wedding. Dawn is such a laid back person that she takes away any stress you might have about a wedding. Our wedding was during the crazy nor'easter we had this October and it still ended up being awesome. I couldn't get enough of the ribs and philly egg rolls. The risotto was SO good and usually so hard for people to pull off on a large scale like that.

The space is so beautiful especially with the lighting at night. DJ Mike is the house DJ and is so awesome. He was great for us who really just wanted a mix of music, he made sure everyone was dancing all night.
    We also used them for breakfast the next morning and it was soo good and relaxing!!

Once again I can not say enough nice things about Dawn and her staff. My wife and i felt like queens the whole night, we wanted for nothing...as soon as our glass emptied another was there, we were always asked how we were doing and had smiles all night.

Sent on 12/31/2015

I am not sure that words could truly express how amazing Dawn (and her team) are, you should just book your wedding at Salero and see for yourself. Dawn is extremely responsive (emails were usually answered in less than an hour), knowledgeable (you can tell she has a lot of experience), she will give her opinion and share her experience but knows that every bride is different and wants you to have your special day.

I appreciate that Dawn was flexible with us in regards to the amount of guests as well as some last minute changes. We were unsure about a couple of guests due to illness and Dawn worked with us in regards to this, where many other places may not have.

The FOOD was absolutely delicious. We offered a selection of three meals and everyone loved what they had. You will not go wrong with anything you choose. We had people with "food issues" and Dawn was happy to work with us in making sure all of our guests were happy and well fed.

DJ Mike had everyone up and dancing the entire night. He knew the right music to play for guests of all ages. My preference was less of the formalities and more dancing and this was definitely accomplished.

The atmosphere is also great with the backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean and the waves crashing.

Thank you Dawn and your team for making my special day what it was. I am eternally grateful to you for all of your hard work.

Sent on 01/09/2016

Nataline · Married on 09/24/2015

Salero came highly recommended on many bridal websites so I had really high expectations. As soon as I walked out of the elevator and saw the view, I was sold. Dawn was just the icing on the cake. She was so easy to work with and absolutely hilarious. Since this was a destination wedding we weren't able to arrange a tasting so that was my only concern leading up to the big day. I am a bit of a food snob but Dawn promised me high quality food. Her husband is the chef and was able to recommend his best dishes. My fears were put to rest as soon as I tasted the cocktail hour appetizers. Delicious. Dinner was 100% gourmet and exceeded my expectations. I have nothing but high praise for the Salero. Dawn and her staff are amazing. Our wedding and reception was absolutely perfect and I couldn't thank them enough.

Sent on 12/30/2015
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 08/15/2015

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Salero on 8/15/15 and it truly was the perfect day. Dawn made sure every last little thing went off without a hitch and it absolutely did. The food, atmosphere, and overall experience of everything exceeded all of our expectations. Mike the D.J rocked it and had our guests on the dance floor ALL night. He even jumped on the dance floor with us! We are still receiving compliments weeks later about how amazing the food was and what an incredible time everybody had. If you are looking for a venue where you know you will be taken care of and your guests will have an amazing time, then look no further! Salero is the place for you. This was by far the best wedding we've ever been to and it makes it so special that it was our own. A million thank you's again!!

Sent on 08/30/2015

Lynn · Married on 08/01/2015

We had our wedding on 8/1/15 and just got back from our honeymoon. Dawn and her team, including the DJ, were incredible. They were very accommodating and went out of their way to make all of our guests happy. Dawn took care of everything and all the details to make sure there were no issues during the reception. Dawn and her team also decorated the beach beautifully! We couldn't be happier with this venue, Dawn and the staff that took care of our special day.

P.S. The food was incredible! Everyone was very pleased.

Sent on 08/08/2015
  • Marikaye

Marikaye · Married on 07/18/2015

The hours leading up to the wedding my photographers got delayed by traffic, bridal party got soaked while out getting pictures, there was a torrential downpour leading up to our outdoor beachfront ceremony delaying the start, & then… a rainbow & the most perfect day ever. Thru all of it, never one issue, concern or doubt about our decision to go with Dawn & her team. Dawn made sure our wedding was exactly what we wanted, even if that meant a team down on the beach drying off each chair.

I’ve looked through all of the reviews seeing if I could touch on something anyone had missed, but really everyone has it down. Dawn has done this ‘once or twice’ before! We selected Salero (& made 2/3 of our payments) without setting foot in the venue or meeting Dawn in-person. That’s how confident we were in our decision based off of reviews just like the one I hope I’m offering up in Salero’s praise, & a few conversations with Dawn. I said throughout my entire planning process that people surely hated how easy the entire process was for us; I largely have Dawn to thank for that. I didn’t work with a designated wedding coordinator, but had no need to with the way Dawn has things set up. To have the ceremony setup, the sound system, the catering, the bar, the DJ, all through one highly skilled & passionate person is a godsend. And with the team behind Dawn as top-notch as she is, I can’t imagine having done anything differently. Dawn & her team repeatedly made that my husband & I were carefree & having fun. At one point in the evening Dawn checked on how I was doing, I started with saying how everyone was having a blast & she was quick to say, she just cared about how much fun I was having… & she is genuinely being sincere, she made it her mission to ensure we had the best wedding ever. Our wedding guests were echoing the thoughts in our head as all night they raved to us about the staff, the view, the food, the music, you name it. You truly can’t go wrong choosing Salero!

Sent on 08/03/2015
  • User5061939 · 2+ years ago

My wedding day was absolutely amazing! Everything went so smoothly. Dawn and the rest of the staff at Salero are beyond amazing! They were all so kind and helpful during our reception, they made sure to keep our drinks flowing (which was great) and ensured that we had a wonderful time. Dawn was always available via email or phone to answer any questions we had regarding our day. We also had a beach ceremony, with backup plan ready in case for bad weather (thankfully it was a beautiful day). Dawn is truly a wonderful person and was so easy going and laid back which made me feel even more comfortable, and allowed me to have such a fantastic time at our wedding! I have a brother who is wheel chair bound, and she made sure that the layout of the room accommodated him to be able to have just as much fun as us and had full access to the dining area and dance floor.

DJ Mike was also just as wonderful. He made sure to keep the music flowing and had all the guests on their feet dancing. I hardly sat down along with many other guests. All songs requested were played. Mike is a very nice gentlemen!

The food at Salero is delicious, our guests are still talking about the wonderful food that was served! Everything was cooked to perfection! Truly one of the best meals I have ever had!

My only complaint is that the night went by way too fast! My husband and I had the time of our lives, and it is a day we will always remember. I would highly recommend anyone to Salero!

Not sure why I am coming up as a Private User; but my name is Kristen Schaefer, my husband is Daniel Vigliotti and we were married on June 21, 2015

Sent on 07/03/2015