Salero Reviews

Salero 6
Salero 7

Lisa Haug · Married on 09/28/2019

Rehearsal Dinner

We had the most amazing Rehearsal dinner here. Dawn sat and was able to help us with everything. She answered all of our questions. The day went so smoothly and everyone loved the food and view.

Sent on 10/08/2019

Andrea · Married on 09/13/2019

Perfection

Words cannot express how amazing this venue is! Dawn and her staff are the absolute best. The chef makes phenomenal food, the best wedding food I’ve ever had. The view is gorgeous too. And the DJ keeps the party going! This place truly made all my wedding dreams come true.

Sent on 10/07/2019

Eileen Lowell · Married on 08/31/2019

Fabulous venue and great beach location

Our 8/31/19 wedding on the beach and reception at Salero was wonderful, fun and fabulous! Dawn is so much fun, while knowledgeable and accommodating; truly a friend for life. Her staff was so nice and attentive. The food was better than many well known Rehoboth restaurants, and the food n drink packages were reasonably priced. DJ Steve was a blast and here I was worried people wouldn’t be dancing since this was a small affair with a mostly 50 and older crowd. My family said this was hands down the best family wedding ever. This is the only place I recommend in DE for a beach wedding!

Sent on 10/01/2019
    Salero 8
    Salero 9
    Salero 10
  • Katie

Katie Marr Kimmerlein · Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing in every way!

We had our wedding there at the end of July (on the hottest weekend of the year) and we couldn’t have asked for a better and more accommodating host and place to have a reception. Dawn made sure that our reception was taken care of from start to finish. From dietary restrictions to making sure my husband and I had plenty to eat (and drink) throughout the night, she did it all! The food was fantastic and DJ Steve kept the party going all night! I would highly recommend to everyone!

Sent on 09/14/2019

heather · Married on 06/30/2019

June wedding

Dawn was the best. She was great with all accommodations needed. The guests loved the ceremony on the beach and the 180 degrees beach view in the venue. This was the first place I looked at for a venue and knew I didn’t need to look anywhere else. The guests still talk about the food—it was excellent. We went with the crab stuffed fish, the balsamic chicken, and the steak. The apps were fancy to look at and tasted amazing. The DJ who they hire, Steve, is unbeatable. He really went above and beyond to work with us and our singer, videos, and slideshows. He got everyone on the dance floor. I cannot recommend this venue enough. I had no worries about venue logistics on my wedding day because Dawn and her crew were on top of everything. My husband and I were able to have fun all night long at our wedding, which is the most important part. Dawn kept things moving smoothly for every part of it. Run, don’t walk, to book this place for your event.

Sent on 10/05/2019

Destiny · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing Wedding Venue!

Salero is an amazing wedding venue! Dawn is open to any and all ideas that the bride and groom may have. She makes sure your day goes smooth and most importantly she makes sure that the bride and groom have food and drinks at all times! Speaking of food, Salero offers amazing choices and everyone rant and raved about the crab cakes we had at our wedding! Food was phenomenal. Drinks were phenomenal. Very happy we chose Salero for our special day :)

Sent on 09/19/2019
  • Patti

Patti LaRosa · Married on 05/04/2019

Early Spring Wedding

What an unbelievable experience! My daughter’s wedding was 5/4/19. We had a late afternoon beach wedding. Dawn and Company set up chairs in between raindrops. We weren’t sure that it was going to be rain free at start time, but Dawn assured us the day before that we’d be fine. She has an amazing calming affect on the bride. My daughter never doubted her.
    Everything was perfect! The venue offers a breathtaking view, the menu choices are unique and memorable and the DJ brought his A game. We had 117 people and there was plenty of room to move around . Also need to give Dawn and her staff a shout out about their accommodating three of our guests with special needs. My niece is not fond of birds or sand so Dawn allowed her to watch her cousin’s wedding from the comfort of the restaurant. Thankful beyond words for that gesture. Salero is just awesome!

Sent on 05/07/2019
    Salero 11
    Salero 12
  • Dave

Dave W · Married on 04/20/2019

Our Investment in Salero Paid Off...So Will Yours

When you read so many 5-star reviews about Salero, you often wonder could they really be true. The answer is a definite YES. We just celebrated our wedding last week and everything was better than promised by Dawn and team. From the ceremony on the beach, to the cocktail hour and appetizers (loved the amazing tuna spoons and bacon-wrapped scallops), elegant lighting/decor, chef David’s gourmet dinner selections (raves from all guests) paired with top-notch table service from Paula and team, our friendly and fast-serving bartender and incredible music/lighting by DJ Steve. Dawn’s management of the overall event made our night a very memorable one, and our guests were still talking about it days later. All of that plus a million-dollar panoramic view of the Atlantic Ocean thrown in for good measure. Don’t hesitate on booking, and know that making an investment in Salero for your big event will definitely pay dividends for you and all of your very satisfied guests. Thank you Salero for making our day great!

Sent on 04/29/2019
  • Said

Said Khalid Shah · Married on 11/28/2018

awesome service

it is amazing service i will always recommend for us.

Sent on 11/28/2018

Craig · Married on 10/05/2018

I would recommend this venue without hesitation. Dawn and her staff are remarkable. From the chef to the bartenders to the D.J.—high marks all around. And did I mention that the views are spectacular? We needed access a bit early for some unusual decorating. All good.

Sent on 10/10/2018

Linda Mcevoy · Married on 09/29/2018

Flawless Wedding Day

Beautiful view, excellent food, attentive service and planning was a breeze. Dawn and her staff did everything to make us at ease when planning our daughter and son-in-law's wedding. She was always available to answer any questions. Due to her flexibility we were able to add all our own special touches, were able to decorate several days ahead and set up our own candy Bar! Everything from the beach chair set up, arbor, the awesome DJ, the attentive bar staff, food that was out of this world and the fine tuned orchestration of the event by Dawn and her hardworking staff made wedding day, 9/29/2018 #bowersonbound forever memorable.

Sent on 10/23/2018

Susan · Married on 06/23/2018

My daughter Gen got mairried here on 06/23/2018 and it was absolutely wonderful. Dawn was so flexible she actually let us switch back to a beach ceremony 30 minutes before as there was a break in the weather. The food was top shelf restaurant quality. Thanks Chef Dave! It was absolutely their dream wedding! Gen and Myran had the most amazing start to their lives together. #ReedandWright

Sent on 07/15/2018
    Salero 13
    Salero 14

Charlotte · Married on 06/03/2018

The Salero and its views of the ocean are breathtaking. We toured in November 2017 and got married in June 2018 and it is so easy to see how much Dawn invests in this venue. Dawn is constantly upgrading every little touch of the Salero and it is beautiful especially with updated coastal decor. If you want a beach wedding, this venue is the place for you. And no, this review is not fake, coerced or paid lol. The DJ Steve was awesome as well and very reassuring of the entire process. At a time when I was very stressed (two weeks before the wedding) he gave me confidence that our wedding music would go without a hitch. The food was FANTASTIC, VERY TASTY AND BEAUTIFULLY PRESENTED!

Sent on 07/11/2018

Jacquelyn · Married on 06/02/2018

I cannot say enough great things about Salero! I got married on June 2, 2018 and it really was the best day thanks to Dawn and her staff! Dawn is so personable, funny, laidback, professional, and amazing at her job! She really made our planning process so easy and not stressful. She made sure everything during the reception ran smoothly and flowed well and she also focused on making sure the groom and I were happy at every moment (made sure we were fed the apps and dinner, always had a drink, asked us what we needed, etc.). I was stressing about the weather the day before and she calmed me down and straight up told me I’d be on the beach and guess what…she wasn’t wrong! We had perfect weather (yes, she’s a weather woman as well).
    The food was absolutely amazing! Every hors d'oeuvre was delicious and the main entrée was presented fancy and tasted amazing. We did steak and crab cakes and everyone loved it! Dawn was able to package up the groom and I’s meals (as we didn’t eat much of it because we were so busy) and we heated it up the next day and ate it and it was still so good! Additionally, the staff that served the meals were so professional and efficient.
    DJ Steve was awesome! He was so organized and so fun! He’s the perfect DJ to get the crowd started and having fun all night! He took everything I asked him to do and did it so well without one complaint. Every one of my guests has told me how much fun they had and how great the music was and it’s all thanks to DJ Steve!
    The renovations that were recently done to Salero are incredible! The place looks brand new! I loved the place even before the renovations, but this just made it 10x better!
    Salero was really the only venue that will give you the perfect beach wedding plus everything for a perfect reception. Everything was so convenient and no coordination for transportation was needed (which was a huge plus for us). I am so happy that we went with Salero and would recommend it to any Bride!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Pam · Married on 05/27/2018

My daughter and son-in-law were married at Salero at the end of May. The venue is beautiful, the food was delicious, and the DJ was amazing. Dawn, her husband (the chef) and the staff were so accommodating. Dawn is a consummate professional and handles everything with a personable style. She went over and beyond our expectations and everyone had a fantastic time!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Chelsea · Married on 05/27/2018

There are not enough words to express our gratitude to Dawn and all of the Staff at Salero. We had the absolute most amazing time at our wedding and the best part there was very little stress because they had everything taken care of. When I say they went above and beyond, they truly went above and beyond. We loved Dawn from the very beginning, you can tell she knows her job and throughly enjoys doing it. Not only was I impressed but my whole family was impressed and after my wedding, I got "that was the best wedding I have ever been too" from numerous guests. That was our number one goal and it was exceeded. I highly suggest this venue to anyone and everyone looking for not only a spot at the beach but an great venue in general.

Sent on 07/22/2018
    Salero 15
    Salero 16
    Salero 17
    Salero 18
    Salero 19
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/11/2018

Salero was THE BEST option for our wedding! Dawn is absolutely AMAZING and made things flow so smoothly! She was very accommodating and helpful through out the process of planning. She made sure every question was answered and was quick to respond. I honestly don’t know what we would have done without her. Our guests raved about the food that Salero provided! The venue was gorgeous inside and out. There is an awesome beach view from inside and I loved that the entire reception was windows that overlooked the beach. Again, we can’t say enough about how AWESOME and BEAUTIFUL Salero, Dawn and her husband were! THANK YOU for making our big Day flawless!!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Tina · Married on 04/27/2018

Dawn and her husband are absolutely incredible. If you are looking for the best ocean view, delicious food, and out of this world service Salero is the place to be. My husband and I married in late April of this year and Dawn made the entire wedding process so much simpler by having everything on site. It is a one stop shop for the big items on the list at such a great value. Dawn recently updated the venue as well and the color scheme just accents the incredible view you have of the ocean. If the space were open for dinner we would dine there every time we went up to the beach, our guests are still raving about the food. Not to mention, Steve is an excellent DJ and so easy to work with. Everyone was on their feet the entire time. It was an amazing day to begin with and made even more memorable because of Dawn and her team!!!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Ashley · Married on 04/21/2018

We originally planned on getting married in the summer of 2018. However, my mother was diagnosed with a terminal illness so we decided to move our wedding date up. We had 3 months to plan our wedding and to find a venue that could make it possible. With the weather being so unpredictable in April we needed a venue that would allow us to have a beach wedding without necessarily being on the beach in case of bad weather as well as accommodate 125+ guests.

The second we walked into Salero we knew that this was the place that we were destined to get married. Salero has the most breath taking views of the ocean and the venue is absolutely stunning. The event coordinator and owner of Salero, Dawn Horton, was incredible throughout the entire planning process, on the day of the wedding and even after the wedding. Not only did she respond quickly to all of my questions but she made sure to have every little detail that I wanted available. She kept us on track throughout our wedding to ensure that we had time to enjoy every aspect of our day. You can tell that Dawn takes pride in her job, is passionate about your event and truly loves what she does. We seriously don’t know what we would have done without her.

The most important part for guests at a wedding is the food, drinks and music. The food was phenomenal! All of our guests are still raving about how great the appetizers, entrees and drinks were. The DJ was off the hook. He really knew how to keep the party going throughout the entire night. All of the staff members at Salero were polite, attentive and so respectful to us and our wedding guests. The staff members are truly top notch.

If you are wanting the beach wedding of your dreams then Salero is the perfect place to have your wedding! We waited 9 years to have our "fairy tale" wedding and it was the most amazing day of our lives. We can promise you that you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 05/18/2018
  • Taryn

Taryn · Married on 04/20/2018

My husband & I just celebrated our 1 year anniversary with our long anticipated reception (and vow renewal ceremony) at Salero and it was honestly worth the 1 year wait!! Everything was perfect, it was truly our fairytale wedding!! The food was FANTASTIC (and Dawn made SURE we ate - which thank God she did or I wouldn't have eaten all night probably!) DJ Steve was outrageous!! He had everyone on the dance floor and accommodated every single (crazy) request or suggestion I had! Anything I wanted, all I had to do was ask and they made it happen for me! It was the most perfect, best day of my life!!! Everyone hasn't stopped talking about it! The renovations are incredible, the views are beautiful, this is truly the spot you want to have your magical beach wedding, trust me!! This was the only venue I even visited because I knew as soon as I walked through their door, this was where I was having my wedding. Thank you so much to every single person that worked so hard to make our day so special, you are all rockstars!!!!

Sent on 04/25/2018
    Salero 24
    Salero 25
    Salero 26

Tracey · Married on 04/12/2018

Words cannot express how amazing our day was! Dawn told us from the start that it was going to be the “best day ever” and it truly was! First of all the view from Salero is gorgeous! We were married on 4/12/18, on the beach in front of the hotel and it was breathtaking!!!! The food was absolutely amazing, Chef Dave is awesome, cocktail style is definitely the way to go....there were so many selections to choose from and everything was so amazing......I couldn’t even decide which was my favorite!! The staff is phenomenal! The DJ was awesome! Photo booth was so much fun! I just cannot say enough about how great the whole evening was from start to finish! Throughout all of the chaos of the evening, and even having to help fix my dress, Dawn made sure that it ran smoothly and never let us worry about a thing! I definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking to have the “Best Day Ever”!

Sent on 06/17/2018

Jillian · Married on 04/06/2018

I had my reception on 4/6/18 at Salero after a beach ceremony in front the hotel. The food is phenomenal, (even better than my tasting), accommodations were impeccable and the view is breathtaking. Dawn and her staff made sure my day went so smoothly without any hiccups. My husband and I were truly taken care of from start to finish. Dawn was so helpful and responsive starting from my first tour at Salero. It truly was the best day of my life and I would recommend this venue to anyone looking to have an unforgettable event.

Sent on 04/09/2018
    Salero 27
    Salero 28
    Salero 29
    Salero 30

Sue · Married on 10/28/2017

10.28.17 we had the most wonderful time celebrating our daughters wedding at Salero. I can’t say enough about how perfect everything was. Dawn and her staff made this so painless, the space is spectacular and the food was delicious. We had 3 chefs at our wedding, 2 of them fine dining, they all loved the food. Everyone had such good things to say about the entire event, the food, service, music, and bar staff. We had Osso Bucco, crab cake and Prosciutto wrapped chicken, all 3 were cooked perfectly and presented beautifully. I would recommend Salero to anyone looking for a venue in an instant!!

Sent on 10/29/2017
    Salero 31
    Salero 32

Kate · Married on 10/14/2017

All we can say is WOW! Dawn and her team at Salero provided the most perfect day. The food was excellent and the DJ had everyone on the dance floor all night long. Dawn made sure everything ran smoothly from start to finish and makes sure the day is all about you. We are so happy we chose Salero, we are still hearing from our guests how incredible our wedding was.

Sent on 12/05/2017
  • Becca

Rebecca · Married on 09/03/2017

My husband and I are sitting at breakfast the morning after our wedding and we CANNOT stop talking about how amazing Salero is! Thanks to Dawn and her amazingly attentive staff, we had an even more perfect wedding than we possibly could have dreamed. The food is amazing and DJ Steve got everyone shredding it on the dance floor. If you are on the fence about booking Salero, we highly recommend that you go for it. Thank you so much for everything, Dawn and co.!

Sent on 09/04/2017