173 Reviews for Salero

Outside Cake (3)
Liquor License (3)
Signature Drink (1)
173 Salero Reviews

The Salero and its views of the ocean are breathtaking. We toured in November 2017 and got married in June 2018 and it is so easy to see how much Dawn invests in this venue. Dawn is constantly upgrading every little touch of the Salero and it is beautiful especially with updated coastal decor. If you want a beach wedding, this venue is the place for you. And no, this review is not fake, coerced or paid lol. The DJ Steve was awesome as well and very reassuring of the entire process. At a time when I was very stressed (two weeks before the wedding) he gave me confidence that our wedding music would go without a hitch. The food was FANTASTIC, VERY TASTY AND BEAUTIFULLY PRESENTED!

Profile Picture Charlotte, 6/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I cannot say enough great things about Salero! I got married on June 2, 2018 and it really was the best day thanks to Dawn and her staff! Dawn is so personable, funny, laidback, professional, and amazing at her job! She really made our planning process so easy and not stressful. She made sure everything during the reception ran smoothly and flowed well and she also focused on making sure the groom and I were happy at every moment (made sure we were fed the apps and dinner, always had a drink, asked us what we needed, etc.). I was stressing about the weather the day before and she calmed me down and straight up told me I’d be on the beach and guess what…she wasn’t wrong! We had perfect weather (yes, she’s a weather woman as well).
The food was absolutely amazing! Every hors d'oeuvre was delicious and the main entrée was presented fancy and tasted amazing. We did steak and crab cakes and everyone loved it! Dawn was able to package up the groom and I’s meals (as we didn’t eat much of it because we were so busy) and we heated it up the next day and ate it and it was still so good! Additionally, the staff that served the meals were so professional and efficient.
DJ Steve was awesome! He was so organized and so fun! He’s the perfect DJ to get the crowd started and having fun all night! He took everything I asked him to do and did it so well without one complaint. Every one of my guests has told me how much fun they had and how great the music was and it’s all thanks to DJ Steve!
The renovations that were recently done to Salero are incredible! The place looks brand new! I loved the place even before the renovations, but this just made it 10x better!
Salero was really the only venue that will give you the perfect beach wedding plus everything for a perfect reception. Everything was so convenient and no coordination for transportation was needed (which was a huge plus for us). I am so happy that we went with Salero and would recommend it to any Bride!

Profile Picture Jacquelyn, 6/2/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Lighting/Sound, Uncovered Outdoor

My daughter and son-in-law were married at Salero at the end of May. The venue is beautiful, the food was delicious, and the DJ was amazing. Dawn, her husband (the chef) and the staff were so accommodating. Dawn is a consummate professional and handles everything with a personable style. She went over and beyond our expectations and everyone had a fantastic time!

Profile Picture Pam, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Salero was THE BEST option for our wedding! Dawn is absolutely AMAZING and made things flow so smoothly! She was very accommodating and helpful through out the process of planning. She made sure every question was answered and was quick to respond. I honestly don’t know what we would have done without her. Our guests raved about the food that Salero provided! The venue was gorgeous inside and out. There is an awesome beach view from inside and I loved that the entire reception was windows that overlooked the beach. Again, we can’t say enough about how AWESOME and BEAUTIFUL Salero, Dawn and her husband were! THANK YOU for making our big Day flawless!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/11/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We originally planned on getting married in the summer of 2018. However, my mother was diagnosed with a terminal illness so we decided to move our wedding date up. We had 3 months to plan our wedding and to find a venue that could make it possible. With the weather being so unpredictable in April we needed a venue that would allow us to have a beach wedding without necessarily being on the beach in case of bad weather as well as accommodate 125+ guests.

The second we walked into Salero we knew that this was the place that we were destined to get married. Salero has the most breath taking views of the ocean and the venue is absolutely stunning. The event coordinator and owner of Salero, Dawn Horton, was incredible throughout the entire planning process, on the day of the wedding and even after the wedding. Not only did she respond quickly to all of my questions but she made sure to have every little detail that I wanted available. She kept us on track throughout our wedding to ensure that we had time to enjoy every aspect of our day. You can tell that Dawn takes pride in her job, is passionate about your event and truly loves what she does. We seriously don’t know what we would have done without her.

The most important part for guests at a wedding is the food, drinks and music. The food was phenomenal! All of our guests are still raving about how great the appetizers, entrees and drinks were. The DJ was off the hook. He really knew how to keep the party going throughout the entire night. All of the staff members at Salero were polite, attentive and so respectful to us and our wedding guests. The staff members are truly top notch.

If you are wanting the beach wedding of your dreams then Salero is the perfect place to have your wedding! We waited 9 years to have our "fairy tale" wedding and it was the most amazing day of our lives. We can promise you that you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Ashley, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband & I just celebrated our 1 year anniversary with our long anticipated reception (and vow renewal ceremony) at Salero and it was honestly worth the 1 year wait!! Everything was perfect, it was truly our fairytale wedding!! The food was FANTASTIC (and Dawn made SURE we ate - which thank God she did or I wouldn't have eaten all night probably!) DJ Steve was outrageous!! He had everyone on the dance floor and accommodated every single (crazy) request or suggestion I had! Anything I wanted, all I had to do was ask and they made it happen for me! It was the most perfect, best day of my life!!! Everyone hasn't stopped talking about it! The renovations are incredible, the views are beautiful, this is truly the spot you want to have your magical beach wedding, trust me!! This was the only venue I even visited because I knew as soon as I walked through their door, this was where I was having my wedding. Thank you so much to every single person that worked so hard to make our day so special, you are all rockstars!!!!

Photo
Profile Picture Taryn, 4/20/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Words cannot express how amazing our day was! Dawn told us from the start that it was going to be the “best day ever” and it truly was! First of all the view from Salero is gorgeous! We were married on 4/12/18, on the beach in front of the hotel and it was breathtaking!!!! The food was absolutely amazing, Chef Dave is awesome, cocktail style is definitely the way to go....there were so many selections to choose from and everything was so amazing......I couldn’t even decide which was my favorite!! The staff is phenomenal! The DJ was awesome! Photo booth was so much fun! I just cannot say enough about how great the whole evening was from start to finish! Throughout all of the chaos of the evening, and even having to help fix my dress, Dawn made sure that it ran smoothly and never let us worry about a thing! I definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking to have the “Best Day Ever”!

Profile Picture Tracey, 4/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I had my reception on 4/6/18 at Salero after a beach ceremony in front the hotel. The food is phenomenal, (even better than my tasting), accommodations were impeccable and the view is breathtaking. Dawn and her staff made sure my day went so smoothly without any hiccups. My husband and I were truly taken care of from start to finish. Dawn was so helpful and responsive starting from my first tour at Salero. It truly was the best day of my life and I would recommend this venue to anyone looking to have an unforgettable event.

Profile Picture Jillian, 4/6/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Uncovered Outdoor

10.28.17 we had the most wonderful time celebrating our daughters wedding at Salero. I can’t say enough about how perfect everything was. Dawn and her staff made this so painless, the space is spectacular and the food was delicious. We had 3 chefs at our wedding, 2 of them fine dining, they all loved the food. Everyone had such good things to say about the entire event, the food, service, music, and bar staff. We had Osso Bucco, crab cake and Prosciutto wrapped chicken, all 3 were cooked perfectly and presented beautifully. I would recommend Salero to anyone looking for a venue in an instant!!

Photo for Salero Review - Spectacular views when the curtains are opened for the event
Profile Picture Sue, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

All we can say is WOW! Dawn and her team at Salero provided the most perfect day. The food was excellent and the DJ had everyone on the dance floor all night long. Dawn made sure everything ran smoothly from start to finish and makes sure the day is all about you. We are so happy we chose Salero, we are still hearing from our guests how incredible our wedding was.

Profile Picture Kate, 10/14/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I are sitting at breakfast the morning after our wedding and we CANNOT stop talking about how amazing Salero is! Thanks to Dawn and her amazingly attentive staff, we had an even more perfect wedding than we possibly could have dreamed. The food is amazing and DJ Steve got everyone shredding it on the dance floor. If you are on the fence about booking Salero, we highly recommend that you go for it. Thank you so much for everything, Dawn and co.!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 9/3/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Uncovered Outdoor, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Lighting/Sound

My wife and I got married here in August 2017 and it was truly anazing! Dawn was great to work with she calmed our nerves and assured us everything would be perfect! After an amazing beach wedding, we had the best party ever at the Salero! The food was amazing, the drinks were perfect, and people are still talking about our wedding and how much fun it was! The Salero is perfect from the awesome view, amazing food, and the best staff! We want to do it again every year! We love the Salero!!

Kristen and Brittney James

Profile Picture Kristen, 8/26/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Dawn and her team made our wedding absolutely amazing!

Profile Picture Meghan, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful views, delicious food, great experience! I was married there in July 2017 and it was a beautiful day thanks to Dawn and her husbands amazing food!

Profile Picture Katherine , 7/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My fiance and I picked Rehoboth Beach because we couldn't decide between the beach and some serious fall foliage: Rehoboth managed both. Then of course went the hunt for the venue...and it was easy once I saw how many rave reviews Salero had. Bundled in with a DJ, food, chair service for the beach ceremony and that view? We'd have to be crazy to say no! So of course we didn't. It's such a great value package; if you want to marry in Rehoboth, I couldn't recommend Salero more for the reception.

Dawn made planning from afar easy, always wiling to respond via email or phone. She's a pro. It was the most obvious on the day of, when we had to make a rain call and bring our ceremony indoors. It was never stressful because we'd always known we had that option in our back pocket as a contingency plan. So our ceremony was held on the dance floor, our guests got to stay dry, and everyone had an excellent time. Dawn made sure everything happened on time and without us having to worry about something being missed.

We did a brunch reception with unlimited mimosas/bloody marys/beer & wine (and coffee and OJ of course) with five hot food items, the usual continental muffins and fruit, an omelet station, and a carving station. Trust us, our guests were not short of food or drink and not missing out on dinner service. Plus, holding our reception during the daytime meant we got maximum enjoyment out of that 8th floor view of the ocean: let me reiterate again that it's GORGEOUS. Everyone commented on it and loved it.

DJ Mike is a dream. He was professional, had everything set up and ready to go, played all of our ceremony and reception requests without a hitch, made sure to check in so he got all the wedding party's names right before the announcement and entrances, and got our guests up and dancing even after too much brunch food. He found all of our requests, including the occasional Chinese and Korean song, and was just generally super great.

Profile Picture Mei, 10/8/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ

This venue is fabulous! Dawn and her staff go above and beyond to make sure that you and your guests have a truly memorable wedding experience! The price is great, especially compared to what else is out there. The food and service are absolutely wonderful. We received so many compliments about the appetizers, main course, and service. We highly recommend this venue! Dawn even made sure that we got to try all of the food, and that we felt entirely taken care of the whole night. She is extremely responsive, and was always available to answer any questions throughout the planning process. She truly is amazing at what she does, and we could not be happier that we chose to have our wedding at Salero.

Profile Picture Eve, 10/1/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Accommodations, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Uncovered Outdoor, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Outside Cake, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar

Looking for a fabulous venue, great staff and fantastic view, look no farther than Salero. My Daughters wedding was on 9/25/16. Dawn and her staff were top notch. So attentive to all of us and Very easy to work with. I can't come up with even one negative. Responds to email within 24hrs.The appetizers and entrees exceeded expectations! The whole night flowed so smoothly thanks to Dawn. DJ was terrific. Kept the dance floor going!! Salero's is the place!! Cannot thank them enough!!

Profile Picture Brandy, 9/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Outside Cake, Chocolate Fountain, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound

Salero's was the easiest decision we made throughout the wedding planning process! Dawn and her staff will go above and beyond to make sure you have the greatest day ever. You couldn't ask for a better view and the food was amazing! Our friends and family still rave about how amazing our wedding was and it's been 5 month since the big day. I can not say enough good things about Salero's. Easy to work with, great food, amazing DJ, and wonderful bartenders. I loved everything about Salero's! Thank you for making our September wedding beyond amazing!!

Profile Picture Britt, 9/17/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ

Words can’t describe how special Dawn Horton, her husband David (who also has an Executive partner in the kitchen, really cool guy), and the Salero Team made our wedding day.We met Dawn over a year before our event. From the start, she truly owns her business.

The venue sells itself (incredible view, clean, cool layout, and great size for our size wedding). The website is pretty outstanding and makes it easy to be inspired, get questions answered, and manage your event through a personalized dashboard... Easy easy easy. Then you layer on Dawn and her husband David. Dawn handles the operations and all the planning, and David is a Chef, so runs the food & beverage operation. Dawn is passionate about people and their occasions because she loves helping them celebrate happy times. Combine this with her go-getter momentum, confidence, experience, and her husbands trade as a Chef, and wow. I’m a nervous person and a planner (I have been a big box retail store manager for a few years now, so I’m passionate about sound execution). There wasn’t one point when I doubted Dawn or the party. When we had any questions, she had all the answers. She led us when needed, guided us, and catered to what we wanted. She answered all of our questions, spent as much time as we needed with us, provided us with ideas, guidance, and solutions, all as asked. She referred us to vendors, and after all said and done, has really cool partnerships with them as they all work well together. Anytime we emailed Dawn, we never had to follow up for a response. It was pretty much always immediate, because that’s Dawn. See next review for remainder of our Salero experience.

Profile Picture James, 9/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Wedding Planning

Remainder of our review:

The actual event was, we would say, flawless. We were impressed. She is organized, she knows her stuff, caters to what you want, is fair, and executes flawlessly. The team cared about catering to the guests (this is really important in my opinion, because it’s people that make a difference), the food was spot on (expectations exceeded, I’m still getting feedback on the appetizer ribs), and the coordination of the flow of events was to the T. Not one issue. Even if there was an issue, it wouldn’t have mattered, that’s how much fun we had. Dawn touched based with us a few times throughout the night to make sure we were good, and kept our drinks full (We stayed hydrated because of her, and also never had to worry about other drink or food). DJ Mike was spot on. We tried not to micro manage him, and we might have a bit with our song list, but he was spot on, and even cooler, he’s passionate about great music. I remember looking over at him while I was dancing all over the place, and he was dancing along in his booth. It was so fun. All of our guests complimented the party. The staff cares, because Dawn & Dave must care about their team (you can tell), and most important, they have fun.

Her and her husband are doing something they love to do, and therefore the passion naturally produces outstanding results. Dawn & Dave, thanks for an outstanding job. We couldn’t feel more blessed to be able to have this kind of party, and you made it great for us and our family/friends. We highly recommend Salero, if you want to get married in the greater Rehoboth area, book your wedding at Salero immediately!

Profile Picture Andrew, 9/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We celebrated our wedding on September 4th, at The Salero. Dawn was nothing but top notch with everything. She was so friendly, professional and organized through the whole process. She responded quickly to emails and eased my mind when needed :) The food was amazing, definitely exceeded our expectations. Very good. The DJ did a wonderful job with getting everyone involved and didn't go off queue with our song list. Very professional all around, you guys were awesome!!! Thanks again from the bottom of our hearts for making our day so special!!!

Profile Picture Morgan , 9/4/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chocolate Fountain, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Lighting/Sound, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar

I can honestly say that the crew at Salero make you feel like family. Deciding to have a destination wedding was scary and stressful enough but Dawn made everything go so smoothly and was there for us every step of the way! The price was right, the food was absolutely delicious. Dawn was so attentive to myself and my husband as being the bride and groom is quite the job on that day. She always made sure we had a drink and definitely made sure we didn't have empty stomachs! Mike the DJ was awesome and had the best music playing. I would recommend this place to anyone looking to have a beach wedding!!! Love you guys!!! -Kera and Chris Lindsey

Profile Picture Kera, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Had our wedding this past weekend! Everything was perfect from the ceremony on the beach to the reception. Dawn goes above and beyond to make sure everything turns out perfect. She took good care of us!!! Thank you so much for our perfect wedding!!
And how did they come up with their food?! It's amazing!!!! Don't waste your time with other places--check out Salero!!!

Profile Picture caitlin, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If I could give Dawn and her team more than 5 stars I would! Dawn was absolutely amazing and is truly so good at what she does! Everything was perfect! I wouldn't of had such an amazing wedding day if it wasn't for Dawn and her team! My guests told me that we had one of the best weddings they had been to and the food was the best they've tasted attending a wedding! I want to do this day all over again!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/11/16, 1 Review