Salero Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Christina
    Christina Getting married on 12/04/2021

Total Package!

If you want it all then book with Dawn at Salero! She was so helpful through the planning process. Her venue has been upgraded and the view is priceless!

Our guests can’t stop raving about our wedding and especially our food! Everything was delicious and put together so well. The staff was upbeat and attentive. Our house DJ Bump (which hs included!) was very upbeat and got the crowd going with just the right mix of music.

We can’t say enough good things about Dawn and her team. It’s the best kept secret on the Rehoboth Boardwalk!
  • Tamara
    Tamara M. Married on 10/17/2021

Amazing Venue

We had a small wedding, but Dawn and team made me feel like we were VIPs throughout the whole process. She was there to answer every question that I had and keep the process moving. Definitely someone you want in your corner. The venue is perfect if you are looking for an intimate but elegant setting.
    Lisa D. Married on 09/10/2021

Daughters wedding 9/10/21

I want to thank Dawn and her staff for doing an excellent job with Natalie’s wedding reception! Natalie’s wedding was beautiful and the reception was awesome. We loved Salero! You have an awesome venue and your staff was great too! Your signature drink will live on in PA!! I would highly recommend Salero to anyone wanting to get married at the beach!
  • Afton
    Afton S. Married on 06/18/2021

Salero - Best Beach Wedding!

Salero, on Rehoboth Beach Boardwalk, was by far the best! From the moment we walked into Salero, we knew it was the venue for us. Located on the 8th floor of the Henlopen Hotel it offers the most scenic and spectacular views of Rehoboth Beach and Boardwalk. The venue is elegant, newly updated and modernized with a cohesive flow that was perfect for our wedding. The owner, Dawn Horton is the best in the business. She met with us several times and answered questions or concerns quickly. She made the planning of the ceremony and reception easy and fun, and really tailored the day toward us. The hardest part was selecting the menu, as Dawn’s husband, Chef David Horton is amazing and prepares a menu that transcends your best dining experience. The taste and presentation of the meal was of the highest quality, and guests commented on how exquisite their experience was. The day of the wedding could not have gone better, thanks to Dawns knowledge and hard work running Salero. She made time to talk with everyone, and gave us special attention to details that made the memories of the day perfect. DJ Steve rocked the house, keeping the dance floor packed, and emceeing our event with class and style. Bartender and servers kept up with the demands of guests with speed, accuracy, and courtesy. The combined efforts of the Salero team, managed by Dawn was exceptional and we would highly recommend booking your special day with them. We hope to be back to celebrate other events in the future.
  • Carly2417
    Carly P. Married on 05/22/2021

You will regret no booking your wedding here!!

This was the 2nd easiest yes I made through the wedding process (1st was saying yes to the proposal 😄). Dawn made the process so easy and this was in the midst of the pandemic. She goes above and beyond for her guests. I did not sweat a thing knowing she was helping me through it all. The view is to die for and the food is AMAZING! They made my wedding a dream come true.
    Lisa M. Married on 05/01/2021

Hidden Gem in Rehoboth- Beautiful Venue

The Salero not only has a spectacular view of the beach and sunset, the food was second to none. Due to covid, we had to reschedule and replan and Dawn was not only responsive but flexible. Her attention to detail and caring personality made the wedding one we will all remember. From the beach ceremony to the Salero’s DJ Steve, we wouldn’t change a thing. I’m not one to normally write reviews but this experience and Dawn, the owner was indeed incredible. I had so many compliments about the food and the atmosphere of the Salero. Look no further. This is the gem of Rehoboth!
    Betty H. Married on 04/11/2021

Extremely Perfect!!!

Dawn and her team were amazing! My daughters wedding was beautiful, the venue was beautiful
  • Caitlin
    Caitlin D. Married on 03/08/2021

August Wedding

Planning a wedding during a pandemic is hard but Dawn and her staff at Salero made it so much easier. She is so knowledgeable about all aspects of wedding planning and was helpful with even the most minute details. She answered whenever I called and calmed my nerves each time. The chef and DJ were just as accommodating making sure that all of our requests were seen and taken into account. I cannot recommend Salero enough! The food was amazing, the DJ had us dancing all night long and the view was spectacular. Dawn will work with you to make your dream wedding come true and it is worth every (reasonably priced) penny!
    Jennifer Married on 12/06/2020
    Salero is top notch, hands down the best place to have your wedding day! Dawn is on it at all times making sure everything went smoothly from planning to the day of. The food was AMAZING. The DJ rocked the house and was able to create a playlist for several generations to enjoy. And the cook was able to accommodate my and my family's many food allergies. I wouldn't change anything about my wedding day because of Salero.
  • Megan
    Megan Married on 10/02/2020

Look no further this is your venue

Salero on the Beach is the most amazing venue! The view is the best in Rehoboth-how amazing is it to watch the moon rise over the ocean while you marry your best friend surrounded by everyone you love! The food and the decorations were amazing as well (honestly it was one of the best steaks I've ever had!) Dawn was the best wedding coordinator, she worked with us even when we had to postpone our wedding due to Covid. She answered my phone calls and texts and made the stressful process much less stressful! GET MARRIED AT SALERO!
    Jennifer S. Married on 02/29/2020

Absolutely Stunning!

Dawn and her team are magical! There is no other way to describe them. The food was phenomenal! The decor was STUNNING (shoutout to Paula). The bar was hoping and the drinks delicious. DJ Steve had the dance floor packed all night! We had a speakeasy themed wedding and the team took it and ran with it. We had an amazing night and it was over way way to soon. It felt like I blinked and we were at final songs. I cannot thank Dawn and her team enough for helping everything run smoothly and for this magical evening that we will always remember. Thank you!
  • Xishel
    Xishel H. Married on 11/11/2019

The best decision we made for our wedding day

Great venue. Perfect for our needs.
    Patrick D. Married on 11/09/2019

Patrick DeBow's "China Club" birthday party and announcement of the DeBow Family Foundation Benefit.

Could not have asked for a better experience from this venue, with its amazing vistas of the beach and ocean from the 8th Floor all glass spacious and beautiful decor space.
    With exceptiontionl food, staff and Dawn Horton's guidance from booking, room design and food selections, my party went off without a hitch and have heard back from everyone what a classy, exciting and fun party, actually being referred to as "The Party of the Year"
    Thank you Dawn and David Horton, their staff and THE ROOM - Solero!
    Katie K. Married on 10/26/2019

Wedding 10/26/19

So, if you’re planning a wedding, you know the process is stressful. Up until the reception, I would have recommended eloping or doing a destination wedding...BUT after how amazing Salero was, I would recommend this place to anyone. From the first time we met Dawn and saw the venue, we knew this was it. We didn’t go anywhere else. The facility is beautiful, with an amazing view. Once decorated with all the finishing touches for our wedding, we were so incredibly pleased. The food was absolutely amazing. The DJ kept the dance floor packed all night...I even made it out there for a while and I NEVER dance. And Dawn....shew....where to begin. She was amazing, attentive, helpful, had the utmost attention to detail, always made sure my wife and I had a drink in our hand, made sure we were fed (very well), and made this experience as smooth and memorable as possible. I’m ready to find another reason to throw a party there. There was not one thing that we asked of her that was too much or inconvenient. She bent over backwards to make sure we worried about nothing that night and made the night ran so smooth. Her staff was absolutely amazing as well and were more than happy to do anything asked of them. I just can not say enough about how incredible this experience was!!
    Gabrielle Married on 10/05/2019

Beautiful October Wedding!

My husband and I were married on October 5th, 2019 on the beach and had our reception at Salero on the beach with Dawn! We met Dawn and her husband (the owners and chef) about 2 years prior to getting married, and signed the contract that day! The ballroom is absolutely beautiful, newly renovated, the food was amazing and the service, beyond wonderful. It is over two months later and we are still hearing from our friends and family how great the food was! We planned our wedding being 3 hours away but Dawn was always available over the phone, giving us names of other venues and ensuring us our day would be perfect- and it was!!!
    Dawn and her crew were absolutely amazing and our day was nothing short of the best!!
    The DJ- Brian, was also included in our package, and he was terrific! When we got in touch, he understood everything I had envisioned for our day, was personal, flexible and extremely friendly and professional! DJ Brian also did our music for on the beach and it just tied everything together beautifully!
    It was the best day ever!
    Thank you Dawn, Brian and everyone at Salero!
    Lisa H. Married on 09/28/2019

Rehearsal Dinner

We had the most amazing Rehearsal dinner here. Dawn sat and was able to help us with everything. She answered all of our questions. The day went so smoothly and everyone loved the food and view.
    Andrea Married on 09/13/2019

Perfection

Words cannot express how amazing this venue is! Dawn and her staff are the absolute best. The chef makes phenomenal food, the best wedding food I’ve ever had. The view is gorgeous too. And the DJ keeps the party going! This place truly made all my wedding dreams come true.
    Eileen L. Married on 08/31/2019

Fabulous venue and great beach location

Our 8/31/19 wedding on the beach and reception at Salero was wonderful, fun and fabulous! Dawn is so much fun, while knowledgeable and accommodating; truly a friend for life. Her staff was so nice and attentive. The food was better than many well known Rehoboth restaurants, and the food n drink packages were reasonably priced. DJ Steve was a blast and here I was worried people wouldn’t be dancing since this was a small affair with a mostly 50 and older crowd. My family said this was hands down the best family wedding ever. This is the only place I recommend in DE for a beach wedding!
  • Katie
    Katie M. Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing in every way!

We had our wedding there at the end of July (on the hottest weekend of the year) and we couldn’t have asked for a better and more accommodating host and place to have a reception. Dawn made sure that our reception was taken care of from start to finish. From dietary restrictions to making sure my husband and I had plenty to eat (and drink) throughout the night, she did it all! The food was fantastic and DJ Steve kept the party going all night! I would highly recommend to everyone!
    Heather Married on 06/30/2019

June wedding

Dawn was the best. She was great with all accommodations needed. The guests loved the ceremony on the beach and the 180 degrees beach view in the venue. This was the first place I looked at for a venue and knew I didn’t need to look anywhere else. The guests still talk about the food—it was excellent. We went with the crab stuffed fish, the balsamic chicken, and the steak. The apps were fancy to look at and tasted amazing. The DJ who they hire, Steve, is unbeatable. He really went above and beyond to work with us and our singer, videos, and slideshows. He got everyone on the dance floor. I cannot recommend this venue enough. I had no worries about venue logistics on my wedding day because Dawn and her crew were on top of everything. My husband and I were able to have fun all night long at our wedding, which is the most important part. Dawn kept things moving smoothly for every part of it. Run, don’t walk, to book this place for your event.
    Destiny Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing Wedding Venue!

Salero is an amazing wedding venue! Dawn is open to any and all ideas that the bride and groom may have. She makes sure your day goes smooth and most importantly she makes sure that the bride and groom have food and drinks at all times! Speaking of food, Salero offers amazing choices and everyone rant and raved about the crab cakes we had at our wedding! Food was phenomenal. Drinks were phenomenal. Very happy we chose Salero for our special day :)
  • Patti
    Patti L. Married on 05/04/2019

Early Spring Wedding

What an unbelievable experience! My daughter’s wedding was 5/4/19. We had a late afternoon beach wedding. Dawn and Company set up chairs in between raindrops. We weren’t sure that it was going to be rain free at start time, but Dawn assured us the day before that we’d be fine. She has an amazing calming affect on the bride. My daughter never doubted her.
    Everything was perfect! The venue offers a breathtaking view, the menu choices are unique and memorable and the DJ brought his A game. We had 117 people and there was plenty of room to move around . Also need to give Dawn and her staff a shout out about their accommodating three of our guests with special needs. My niece is not fond of birds or sand so Dawn allowed her to watch her cousin’s wedding from the comfort of the restaurant. Thankful beyond words for that gesture. Salero is just awesome!
  • Dave
    Dave Married on 04/20/2019

Our Investment in Salero Paid Off...So Will Yours

When you read so many 5-star reviews about Salero, you often wonder could they really be true. The answer is a definite YES. We just celebrated our wedding last week and everything was better than promised by Dawn and team. From the ceremony on the beach, to the cocktail hour and appetizers (loved the amazing tuna spoons and bacon-wrapped scallops), elegant lighting/decor, chef David’s gourmet dinner selections (raves from all guests) paired with top-notch table service from Paula and team, our friendly and fast-serving bartender and incredible music/lighting by DJ Steve. Dawn’s management of the overall event made our night a very memorable one, and our guests were still talking about it days later. All of that plus a million-dollar panoramic view of the Atlantic Ocean thrown in for good measure. Don’t hesitate on booking, and know that making an investment in Salero for your big event will definitely pay dividends for you and all of your very satisfied guests. Thank you Salero for making our day great!
  • Said
    Said K. Married on 11/28/2018

awesome service

it is amazing service i will always recommend for us.