Sal Travis Entertainment Reviews

29 Reviews for Sal Travis Entertainment

• Ashley

Ashley · Married on 08/30/2019

Everything & More

Sal has everything we could think of & more! He is truly a one stop shop & that was so helpful. He also gave great advice on what not to waste our money on, which I truly appreciate. He is really taking care of us!

Sent on 02/08/2019
  • Alexa

Alexa Desousa Mattia · Married on 08/03/2019

Book the House Band!

My husband and I had the most memorable wedding day thanks to the The House Band and Sal! The energy in the room was just unreal and the entire dance floor was packed the entire night. I will admit, I was hesitant about having live music as entertainment for the evening, but they were just so so amazing, and I have received countless compliments from guests saying what a great time they had at our wedding, dancing all night long! This band is incredibly talented and played an impressive variety of music. The House Band is worth every penny, book them!!!

Sent on 09/04/2019
  • Anita

Anita · Married on 07/13/2019

Dream wedding

We had our wedding on July 13th 2019. We couldn’t be happier that we decided to hire Sal and his team. Sal is very professional and he also made our wedding planning such a pleasant experience. From the first time we met with him we like him right away! From answering e-mails immediately (sometimes within 5 minutes, in the middle of the night) to great suggestions, he makes you feel that you are his only client and he is very patient-I feel a gentle fatherly vibe, assuring you that everything will be beautiful, and the wedding was! The ceremony music was so beautiful, to the pianist at cocktail hour. Sal kept everyone on the dance floor the whole time. The same day video was amazing-he played it after cake cutting. We had Shar as our videographer, she is very professional, funny and made us feel so comfortable. Our friends and family are still telling us that it’s the best wedding they have ever been to. Thank you so much Sal, for making our vision (and more!!) come to life.

Sent on 08/08/2019
  • W

Wendy P · Married on 03/02/2019

Great! Great! Great!

We have used Sal and the The House Band for two of our children's weddings. We used them 4 years ago for our daughter and this past weekend for our son. The first time was amazing and we didn't think it could have gotten any better...Think Again!!! They were all incredible. The band is tight and the voices are like no other wedding band singers we have ever heard. Music is very, very important to our family and friends and no one was disappointed. The brass section is amazing and the voices are simply awesome. They are all pleasant and happy to be there and that makes it all the more fun. They really love what they do. Sal is a true professional and knows how to keep the party flowing like water...He makes sure the bride and groom are the center of the world every minute of the night. He works well with everyone at the venue and runs a tip top party. It is obvious that he has been doing this for a long time. His experience shows around every corner from the first meeting right up until the cake cutting!
    Your party will truly be the event of a lifetime with this great group of entertainers!

Sent on 03/04/2019
  • Wingszi and Michael

W · Married on 03/02/2019

Sal Travis = Professional and Top Quality

We used Sal Travis Entertainment for our wedding at the Florentine Gardens. Sal Travis himself walked us through the process and made sure that our party was exactly what we wanted. If you’re having your wedding at this venue, it only makes sense to book Sal Travis, as well. They are located at the venue itself and they have multiple video cameras embedded in different parts of the ballroom, which were there to capture our wedding from all angles. We included dancing on a cloud, we incorporated a picture montage before our entrance, and the best part was when we had a wrap-up video ready for everyone to watch at the very end of our wedding. Our guests loved it. We weren’t sure if we really wanted to spend time watching our wrap up during the actual party, but we are so happy we did as it was a great way to cap off such an amazing day.

Sal is a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 07/21/2019

bonnie · Married on 11/25/2017

Sal Travis and his team deliver impeccable service!!! Our wedding could not have been any more perfect thanks to Sal and his team. Sal makes you feel like family from day one, and helps with every step of the way. You are so comfortable and trusting of him - his voice is amazing and he truly enjoys what he does. We couldn’t have asked for any better! His videographer Shar is top notch! Her eye for detail is like no other. Our same day edit caught every special moment - we are amazed at how she was able to deliver exactly what we wanted. She is a pleasure to work with and extremely delightful - we had such a great time. DJ James played all the music you want at a wedding, our dance floor was never empty - everyone was always dancing. You can’t ask for anything else. Our open air photo booth attendant was so attentive to our guests and made our photo album that night!!! To say our day was over 100% of what we wanted is an understatement. You cannot get any better - Sal Travis and his team will make any event the best day of your life. We know first hand - thank you again :)

Sent on 11/28/2017

Noelle · Married on 10/01/2017

Sal is such a great guy! After deciding on our venue, The Estate at Florentine Gardens, we figured it was just an easy decision to go with the house DJ/emcee at Sal Travis Entertainment and we could not have been happier with that decision! Sal has a particular way of facilitating the course of events all the while keeping guests engaged and on the dance floor which is exactly what we wanted! DJ James accommodated us with a special request we had for our grand entrance & throughout the night also kept the music in tone with the playlist we submitted to Sal. Our guests raved about how much they enjoyed themselves. Thanks again for everything Sal! -Noelle & Mark

Sent on 10/12/2017

Lauren · Married on 07/07/2017

We used Sal Travis Entertainment for our wedding which was two weeks ago. Sal and the whole team were awesome! DJ James played everything we wanted him to and kept the party going, everyone was up dancing and having an awesome time. The thing that sold on using Sal Travis entertainment was not only how comfortable we felt when meeting with Sal, but all of the cool "extras" they had to offer us. Since everything is already built right into the venue it was a no brainer to use them. We also got the smoke for our first dance as well as the uplighting in the theatrical package. Last minute we decided to add on a photo booth to our night and it was no problem! We loved using Sharr the videographer she got some really awesome shots and was so fun and easy to work with throughout the day. We were able to leave at the end of the night with our wrap up video in our hands. I can't say enough good things about the entertainment that was provided!

Sent on 07/21/2017

Leah · Married on 04/07/2017

Sal Travis, the Director of Entertainment and Services at the Florentine Gardens does an absolutely incredible job in organizing all of the fun stuff for your wedding! He is a wonderful professional who demonstrates sincere passion and enthusiasm in making your wedding the most fun and most memorable experience for you and your guests. From the personalized entrances to the venue lighting, the photo booth and the music he does it all, while also then performing as your personal emcee throughout the entire reception. There are so many details we hadn't thought about but Sal has it all covered and knows exactly how to put on an amazing wedding reception. Our guests were constantly on the dance floor all night long and a big part of that goes to Sal. The other factor in everyone dancing their shoes off goes to the best House Band you will ever experience! The House Band did a fantastic job covering all of the songs from your classics to the latest billboard hit and we have received so many compliments from our guests about how incredible the band was and how cool it was for them to come out onto the dance floor and play in the middle of the crowd. The band covered our first dance song by Sam Cooke, which is not an easy voice to replicate, but the lead singer knocked it out of the park and we couldn't recommend them with any higher regard! If you have your wedding at Florentine, you must go with the House Band!!

Sent on 11/26/2017

Kimberly · Married on 03/19/2017

Sal Travis Entertainment is an absolute one of a kind experience by remarkable professionals! Sal took the time to get to know myself and my husband personally in order to create a truly spectacular event that was unique to our style! His photo, video, and DJ professionals all went above and beyond to exceed our expectations! Our wrap-up video captured all of our special moments in an artistic and creative way that makes for a priceless keepsake that you will not want to be without! You will make an excellent choice when you book Sal Travis Entertainment for your wedding or special event!
    Here is a link to our wrap-up video, check it out!

Sent on 05/18/2017

Rachel · Married on 01/13/2017

Sal is THE BEST. I am very particular about the way I like things done. I must have called him 300 times the week of the wedding and every single time I called he ALWAYS reassured me that everything would go exactly the way I wanted it to. On the day of the wedding he kept me in loop letting me know what was going on next and any questions I had he was right there for me. He really went above and beyond for us.

Oh boy did he deliver. Sal was the PERFECT MC and his team was amazing. I was a bit worried about the variation of music they would play (as any bride), but they nailed it 120% it was the perfect mix of everything. My husband & I are so happy we chose to work with Sal, not only is he a great person but he is truly amazing at what he does. If you're looking for the absolute perfect day - Sal Travis is your man. We love you Sal!!!

Sent on 01/27/2017

Nicole · Married on 12/03/2016

Sal Travis and the house DJ at The Estate at Florentine Gardens were amazing!!! Sal was professional and accommodating to work with, and kept all of our wedding guests dancing the WHOLE night! We provided a list of songs to be played as well as a playlist of Vitamin String Quartet songs for our cocktail hour, and Sal followed everything perfectly! All of the vendors at Florentine Gardens are top notch and 5-star so you won't go wrong! Sal knew how to get the crowd up and dancing and did an awesome job introducing our wedding party and my husband and I into the reception. It was SO exciting! We felt like celebrities!! I will miss working with Sal Travis and highly recommend booking him if you're having your having your wedding or any event at the Florentine Gardens!! You will NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Lauren · Married on 10/09/2016

Sal Travis and The House Band are absolutely amazing. Sal makes you feel so comfortable and has great suggestions for songs and the flow of the evening. They play a wide variety of songs that really work the crowd. It's been 2 weeks since my wedding and everyone is still raving about the band. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/23/2016

liz · Married on 10/30/2015

We used Sal as our emcee, DJ and video. It really made the wedding. The Florentine is beautiful and the service and food are out of this world. But Sal and his team made it an awesome party. He had everyone on the dance floor the whole night. Got all of our song requests right! We had so much fun at our wedding it was incredible. The wrap -up video made by Evan. Words cannot describe. I was squeezing my mother - in laws hand so tight as we watched it. We LOVE it! and it's a memory we will have forever now. Can't wait for the full length video. If you are having your wedding at the Florentine, Sal and his team know how to make it even better. They worked flawlessly together. It's really a no brainer.

Sent on 06/05/2016

D · Married on 09/27/2015

We had our wedding at the Florentine Gardens and Sal Travis was our entertainment for the night. We are so happy with our experience with him. He had all our guest dancing all night ! That night we even got to take home our wrap up video! Our guest enjoyed watching it and they were surprised with the drone that flew over the church. Every step was amazing and we wouldn't have gone with any one else!

Sent on 09/29/2015

kim · Married on 09/11/2015

Sal is a class act. There is NOBODY better in this industry to provide an energetic evening. Such a pleasure to work with. A very kind man who immediately puts his clients at ease. It was a PERFECT night and Sal was the best host. He feels like family and he treats his clients as such. I will always think of Sal with affection and appreciation.

Sent on 09/30/2015

Keirstan · Married on 03/21/2015

First off let us just say that we literally had the best night of our lives! We would like to take this time and thank you, Sal, the DJ, as well as the most amazing video crew. Evan did a phenomenal job with videography, You did a superb job keeping our guests up on that dance floor all night, and lastly a big shout out to the DJ for killing it with the music! Oh by the way the lighting was divine it really captured the beauty of the room. I forgot to mention how amazing the montage and wrap-up video were. Our guests were stunned to see your amazing work we could not have asked for anything better! Thank you so so much for working with us and giving us the time of our lives. We had the BEST time ever. We are still reliving it in our minds but we love the fact that we went home with a same day edit and can watch our amazing day over and over again. It was a pleasure working with Sal and his team. I high recommend everyone use Sal Travis entertainment it literally is something no one else can recreate. They made our night magical as if it were a fairy tale but only it was a real life fairy tale.

Love,
    Mr. and Mrs. Nevin

Sent on 03/24/2015

Coleen · Married on 12/12/2014

Sal and his staff were unbelievable. As a professional and an emcee, there's no one better than Sal. Our music was awesome and everyone danced all night, the lighting was absolutely gorgeous, and the videography is unmatched. He haloed turn my fairytale wedding dreams into reality! He is easy to work and responds to questions and concerns immediately. Really treated my wedding like he would have treated his own. Lived working with him and all his staff, they were AMAZING!!

Sent on 01/19/2015

Are you considering getting married at the Florentine Gardens in River Vale NJ?

If you are in the NYC area and NOT considering it, head on over there, you will not regret it!

If you ARE planning on Florentine Gardens, Congratulations! Your special day will be PERFECT. Next step is entertainment right? Luckily, right there on site, you have the friendly face of Sal Travis waiting to see you.

Sal is just phenomenal. Warm, friendly, professional and passionate about the service he provides. He wants more than anything for your wedding day and reception to be the most fun anyone has ever had (and he succeeds! Oh does he ever!). His DJ (which we used and got innumerable compliments on) and his in house band (honestly, go to vendor showcase night and if you have the $$, they are worth every penny I am sure!) are top notch.

Sal Travis himself is the key though. He is the lynchpin that holds it all together. You will look forward to your meetings with him because he just exudes positive energy and yet a special calm you don't find just anywhere. He is so flexible and works with what you want to achieve but is very experienced and knowledgeable so you can really rely on his judgment.

So, what about the other entertainment vendors out there? I talked to a few and one of them even outright told me that I would be making a mistake if I didn't go with Sal. Seriously. That isn't something you hear too often in such a competitive field. The guy was right though.

We had half Chinese people and half white people. They had the entire place dancing. Didn't think it was possible.

Bottom Line: If you are having ANY event (and you should) at Florentine Gardens, and you do NOT use Sal Travis for entertainment, YOU ARE MAKING A HORRIBLE MISTAKE. Don't even bother looking elsewhere.

Sent on 09/05/2014

Sabrina · Married on 07/26/2014

Sal Travis was a pleasure to work with. He made sure that we got exactly what we wanted. The equipment that they have at the Florentine Gardens were top notch! I would definitely use them if you are having your wedding at the Florentine Gardens. Our guests were all on the dance floor. There were no guests sitting down at the tables when the DJ was playing the music. They know how to make your wedding exciting and unique. There was never a boring moment. The videographer did an amazing job and we are very happy with their work.

Sent on 08/13/2014

Tina · Married on 01/26/2014

We just had our wedding at The Estate at Florentine Gardens on Sunday, 1/26/14. Sal Travis Entertainment was amazing! Sal was so professional and kind. The music, videos and lighting was extravagant. Sal the MC had everyone dancing and crying with the beautiful photo montage and wedding wrap up video. The Italian singer, Giovanni Penna was great too! I would recommend Sal Travis Entertainment, all of our family and friends are still raving about how our wedding is the best wedding they have ever been to! Thank you for giving us the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 01/30/2014

Phil · Married on 08/31/2013

We got married at Florentine Gardens on 8/31/13 and used Sal Travis for our entertainment. Sal is the resident entertainment for the Gardens.

I have to say Sal was truly great and did an amazing job and knows his business. Being the resident entertainment there he has a lot of advantages over other entertainment services. He has the entire place hardwired for his equipment, meaning he has cameras built in (not just walking around) to catch action you dont even know is going on as well as lights, video and sound. He controls everything from the music to being able to darken the room (in broad daylight) to pitch black and change the room to any color or feel with the flick of a switch to set the mood. He got the crowd pumped up, on their feet and dancing. He put together a GREAT photo montage from pictures we sent him, gave good advice on song choices (you have to pick a lot of them for different moments throughout the night) he guided us along the whole process and we went with some of our own choices to give it "our" feel and used his sugguestions for the rest. His staff was great (we even had the photo booth, which had an attendant at all times, I highly recommend it because it gives you some great memories and fun pictures (complete with costumes) to take home of events. He coordinated the whole night wonderfully and we were extremely happy we decided to go with his services. At the end of the night he even provided us with a little take home short video "wrap up" of some events from the night and the montage, so you have something to watch and preview before you get the actual video (plus 2 copies for parents). Sal you did an amazing job, it was a pleasure to work with you. Thank you!! We look forward to seeing the full video.

Phil & Paula

Sent on 09/28/2013

Alyssa · Married on 07/21/2013

" What band was that? "that guy changed his voice a million times" "wow". "Your band was amazing".

Those were some reviews of my wedding guests about the band! They we just simply amazing and willing to learn new songs and were current with today's music! Everyone was on the dance floor the whole time and enjoyed themselves. We would definitely recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 07/29/2013

Laura · Married on 07/06/2013

We used Sal Travis for our July 6th wedding at Florentine Gardens. We met with him several times and he came through beautifully with all of our entertainment needs - band, lighting, photo montage, sound system and videography. He used the songs we loved. He organized and orchestrated our entire night so professionally - we wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 07/08/2013

Leah · Married on 08/12/2017

Sal was our DJ and he was great as well. He truly got our guest up and dancing as promised. Our guests really liked him as well and some asked for his contact information for their future weddings. He was easy to work with, always available to talk, and helped a lot. Thanks for making our wedding such a fun day!

Sent on 08/25/2017