Saint Thomas Preservation Hall Reviews

Saint Thomas Preservation Hall 6
Saint Thomas Preservation Hall 7

Jennifer · Married on 12/01/2018

A Natural Beauty

STPH was amazing. The exposed brick and natural beauty of this venue is priceless. We did not have to decorate much as the venue is so gorgeous all on its own. The space is available for both the ceremony and reception which made it easy for guests. My bride also had a suite to get ready in. It is also convenient to downtown Wilmington and walking distance to bars, restaurants, and the river. Our coordinator, Poppy was so helpful and offered so many creative ideas for us to utilize. She made sure our day was perfect. I will never forget this day and the beauty of this building. I highly recommend.

Samantha · Married on 12/01/2018

Absolutely perfect

Poppy is wonderful and the day wouldn't have been nearly as beautiful without her!

Courtney · Married on 08/05/2018

Saint Thomas Preservation Hall is beautiful. Heather and Poppy were extremely help and always available to answers any questions I had. It was great being able to have both the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception at the same location and all of it inside. Even though there was a wedding on Saturday, we were able to go in on Friday afternoon and have a rehearsal. On my wedding day, I needed something, we called Heather and she took care of it immediately, even on her day off. Great venue and Great staff.

Betty · Married on 05/19/2018

Saint Thomas is an absolutely beautiful venue! Even better, you can have ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception in one place. The bridal party can even get ready there if you wish. It is a great value. So many of my guests complimented my choice of venue. They loved the old brick and stain glass windows. There was a downpour of rain on my wedding day and we had to do pictures inside. I have no doubt they will turn out beautiful because the backdrop is beautiful. Heather was our day of coordinator. She has an answer for any question you might have and some you didn't know you had! I highly recommend hiring her as your day-of-coordinator!

Stephanie · Married on 04/21/2018

What an absolutely beautiful place to have a wedding!! St. Thomas preservation hall was the perfect place for us... not only is the building gorgeous, but the staff is great, and the location is unbeatable! I hired Heather as our day of coordinator and she made sure everything ran smoothly and had the room looking fantastic the whole night! She was a joy to work with, and knows the space well so is able to answer any questions or concerns you have! Heather was also very accommodating when I asked to take photos at the City Club and asked to have the cocktail hour outside on the driveway... she made both things happen without batting an eye! The only downside to the venue is that the bathrooms are down a flight of stairs but other than that, we could not have asked for a better place to say "I do!" Thank you so much for everything!!

Pamela · Married on 03/30/2018

Saint Thomas is one of the most beautiful venues in town! The exposed brick and location make it a perfect place to have the most romantic ceremony, and fun reception. We didn't have to worry about the weather being an issue because we hosted everything inside, even the cocktail hour on the bottom floor. And it is also sooo convenient; we walked around for pictures, we went to a bar after the reception was over, we went to have dinner after the rehearsal, and we did everything walking because everything is so close! The Saint Thomas crew is amazing, Heather answered all of our questions and helped with the flip (transform the ceremony space into the reception in an hour can be nerve wracking but they have lots of experience!) We are happy and very thankful, and wouldn't choose another venue for our special and perfect day! Thomas and Pamela.

Saint Thomas Preservation Hall 8
    Saint Thomas Preservation Hall 9
    Saint Thomas Preservation Hall 10
    Saint Thomas Preservation Hall 11

Jacqueline · Married on 11/11/2017

Saint Thomas is a gorgeous venue, inside and out. Heather is beyond amazing! From start to finish of planning and throughout the wedding she was very knowledgeable, helpful, organized, and lifted so much off our shoulders in terms of the day of. I highly recommend her services if utilizing Saint Thomas. Poppy, all of the staff, and bartenders were fantastic as well. I couldn't have asked for a better day and people to work with!

Saint Thomas Preservation Hall 12
    Saint Thomas Preservation Hall 13
    Saint Thomas Preservation Hall 14
    Saint Thomas Preservation Hall 15

Amanda · Married on 10/07/2017

Wonderful venue!! Very little needed to dress this place up! Beautiful brick inside along with 2 alcoves (needs flowers). The wedding coordinator (Heather) was a joy to work with! She knows her stuff! And was able to make sure everything ran smoothly! Highly recommend paying for the on day coordinator service as they work there and know the most about the venue.

Holli · Married on 08/26/2017

Saint Thomas was the perfect venue for my wedding! I always wanted to get married in a church, so Saint Thomas had the church feel without going through all the red tape of being a member of the church, religion, etc. The brick and stained glass windows are gorgeous! Since most of my guests were from out of town, having the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all in one location was indispensable! I even got ready there too! I used Heather as my day-of coordinator and she was responsive, organized, and ensured the day ran smoothly! Saint Thomas is a truly unique venue that you can make your own!

• W

Whitney · Married on 05/27/2017

The team at Saint Thomas Preservation Hall is truly one of a kind. The venue is absolutely stunning. It's location was perfect-two blocks from the river walk and in the center of downtown provided our guests with the opportunity to explore Wilmington. We worked closely with Heather, the coordinator. I could not recommend her day-of coordination services enough. She took care of EVERYTHING (plus some) and the day flowed effortlessly as a result. Her eye for detail and decor made our day more beautiful than I could have ever dreamed! If you are looking for catering for your event at Saint Thomas Preservation Hall, I highly recommend The City Club; our guests could not stop talking about how amazing the food was!!

• Samantha

Samantha · Married on 04/09/2017

Heather and Poppy are amazing.

Teresa · Married on 03/04/2017

I don't believe if I can thank the staff enough, for how much I am in love with how well my wedding went. People always ask you what went wrong and I can say thanks to Heather working as my coordinator I do not know of any hiccups that happened. The venue was stunning, they switched the space flawlessly from ceremony and reception, and the staff was impeccable. My husband and I keep saying we wish we could do it again for how well everything went and would highly recommend this venue and staff for any event! Thank you soooo much to the amazing staff for an unforgettable day.

Erin · Married on 02/24/2017

St. Thomas Preservation Hall is one of the most beautiful venues in downtown Wilmington! I would highly recommend it! As soon as we stepped foot inside the main hall to tour the venue, we knew immediately that we wanted to have our wedding reception there! My favorite aspects of the venue were the tall stained glass windows and exposed brick - it is absolutely beautiful. Pictures cannot do it justice. I also liked the fact that the venue has a separate downstairs space where we could have the cocktail hour before everyone made their way upstairs to the main hall for dinner. The staff that work at St. Thomas are also fantastic! They were very responsive and accommodating to my specific requests. I highly recommend this venue. Go see it for yourself!

rebecca · Married on 02/18/2017

If you can get the space for you wedding i would jump on it!!! I shopped around and nothing beats the space, the time you get, the location, and most of all the cost. the whole experience was great from the time i met with poppy to the big day itself.

Amber · Married on 10/15/2016

A must!!!! This venue is gorgeous and they left me with nothing to do on my end for the day of. They had everything set up just the way I wanted and it comes with tables and chairs. They allowed me to view the space multiple times throughout my engagement when I was planning. They are very helpful and respond very quickly to emails. I love this venue and would use it all over again. The bridal suite is so gorgeous and gave me and my girls the perfect spot to get ready.

• User6931946 · 2+ years ago

This was an amazing venue. Absolutely perfect.

Lisa · Married on 10/18/2015

Saint Thomas was an absolutely stunning venue for my daughter's wedding! It was great being able to have the ceremony and reception there. There's a large room downstairs where the guests can mingle for cocktails and horsdoeuvres after the ceremony while the staff prepare for the reception. Heather, our day coordinator was awesome and made sure everything ran smoothly from start to finish!

Sent on 10/23/2015

Saint Thomas Preservation Hall's reply:

Thank you for letting us be a part of Megan and Micah's special day! Such a beautiful wedding and we wish them all the best!

Julie · Married on 09/27/2015

STPH was the venue for our reception and the "back-up plan" for our ceremony in case it rained and we couldn't have our ceremony on the beach. Unfortunately, it rained and rained, and we ended up needing our back-up plan, but we could not have had a better place for that. Although we had already decorated for the reception the morning of, we made a last minute call to switch the ceremony to the reception hall, a phone call to the management and some of my family and friends pulling together, they created the most beautiful ceremony I have ever seen. Tears flowed down my face as I walked in for the ceremony with my dad, and saw my groom along with family & friends. The former church was absolutely gorgeous. We did little to decorate, as I wanted to keep things simple and affordable - plus it's gorgeous already. We did splurge on the Edison lights from High Performance Lighting in Wilmington - who I highly recommend! They were the icing on the cake. The management switched over just after we booked, but all communication went smoothly, our contract was honored, and everything went perfect. All emails and phone calls were answered quickly, even the day of with the last minute switch. The access code worked great when we arrived the morning of to decorate, and it was clear it was freshly cleaned. We had a Sunday wedding so street parking was free, and the lack of parking was not an issue for us. 1 of the reasons we booked this venue was so we could have our own caterer and provide our own alcohol - which saved us a ton of money. The only drawback was you can't get in to decorate until the morning of, but we had an army of women who pulled together and decorating took us less than an hour because the STPH staff already had all tables and chairs set up the way we had requested. Everything about this venue was perfect! No one was disappointed the beach wedding had been cancelled because they were blown away by the beauty of STPH. Grateful & Loved everything about it!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Saint Thomas Preservation Hall's reply:

Congratulations to you and Adam and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your wedding! Thank you for your kind words and it was a pleasure having you!

Best Wishes!
    Heather Evans

Leah · Married on 05/24/2015

Absolutely stunning and staff was great. Everything went great! The staff were great to work with as well (planning wise).

Macy · Married on 09/20/2014

Having our reception at Saint Thomas was like entering a beautiful dream. The historic look of the wood floors, huge brick walls, and giant stained glass windows made this venue romance heaven. Besides the tables and a few areas of decoration, there is not much needed here - the venue speaks for itself. What you pay for the time you receive is truly unbeatable, and on top of that they provide the chairs and tables! It was a great size for our 100 guests - incredibly intimate, which providing a large amount of space. Saint Thomas was more than we could have ever asked for. The Staff was also incredible - everything was set up the way we wanted, and they were so helpful and attentive through the planning process. HIGHLY recommend!!

Ann-Marie · Married on 08/17/2014

If you are looking for a venue for both the ceremony and reception look no further. We loved using this venue for our wedding. Deedy was very easy to work with and answered every question we had. She even allowed us to visit numerous times so we could decide on table placement and also for our wedding rehearsal.

We had the place from 10am until the next morning if needed. They set up the seating for the ceremony and the place was spotless when we arrived.

The only complaint we could possibly has was the lack of parking and the city trying to ticket our guests while parked in designated St. Thomas spots. We got the tickets settled but it was a bit annoying.

Overall a great venue at a great price.

Taylor · Married on 08/09/2014

Saint Thomas Preservation Hall made my dream wedding an absolutely reality fairytale. Their staff was nothing but friendly and helpful. They set everything up in a beautiful and timely manner. Even when it unexpectedly rained and my cocktail hour had to be moved inside and downstairs, they were on it! While 2 men helped carry my dress and hold umbrellas over me in the rain! Great venue, great staff, great memories. My only suggestion would be to clearify times you need the venue. My wedding was from 5-10 on a Saturday (ceremony and reception, great place to have both!) and we had checked and there was nothing sunday so we assumed we could grab our last wedding supplies the next morning. We got there between 730-8am on Sunday and we were shocked to discover that the things we left were in the maids vans! They said we didn't get them out in time so they thought they could have them and we had no idea! Fortunately we stopped them in time to get it back but not the van that had ALL the leftovers from the cocktail hour and reception. Other than that, beautiful experience!

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 07/12/2014

Beautiful! Was absolutely perfect for our wedding!

Katy · Married on 01/06/2014

Hello, I am the Administrative Assistant for Christ Community Church, here in Wilmington, NC. For the last few years, our church has had the privilege of hosting our annual Leadership Appreciation Banquet at St. Thomas Preservation Hall. We have no intention of changing our location anytime soon as St. Thomas is rich in history, absolutely beautiful, and the management is a joy to work with! The facility is always clean, fully-equipped, flexible in design, caterers, etc. and one of the most reasonably priced venues in the area. Not to mention it is a perfectly central and safe location in Wilmington's quaint downtown. We highly recommend St. Thomas to any businesses, brides, and the like!

Saint Thomas Preservation Hall was so easy to work with! They were very flexible and the venue was gorgeous. We are so glad we picked it!