Sail Selina II, St. Michaels Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Jennifer
    Jennifer R. Getting married on 01/07/2022

Amazing one of a kind wedding

Captain Iris and her crew did everything to make our wedding amazing and one of a kind. Reverend Bonnie's service made our guests believe she knew us for a very long time. She focused on the key aspects of what makes us ... "Us." Our guests commented on the uniqueness of our venue and ceremony. We would highly recommend Sail Selina II for a one of a kind wedding experience.

Sail Selina II, St. Michaels's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words! We strive to give our couples an extraordinary experience from the stress free planning stages, to creating a customized service which reflects who you really are, to the magic of riding on a beautifully restored historic yacht. We are so happy your day was so special and perfect!
  • Rona
    Rona H. Married on 06/10/2021

Selina went above and beyond to see that our wedding was fantastic

We chose the Selina because St Michaels is our favorite lil town on the Eastern Shore. Captain Iris and her crew took care of us and made sure we received everything That the very reasonable price of the wedding package offered. I highly recommend the Selina as a venue for a small wedding group!

Sail Selina II, St. Michaels's reply:

Thank you Rona, we are so glad we were able to rearrange schedules to dodge the storm forecast for the afternoon. It was simply fantastic that the photographer was able to juggle her baby sitter, the bagpiper could come early, Rev Bonnie could juggle her child care, the hairstylist could get you in early, the baker was able to come through, whew! It was your special day and I’m glad it all worked out perfectly! Congratulations!
    Jenna Married on 05/08/2021

Amazing and Beautiful Wedding Experience

My now husband and I wanted something elegant and beautiful while low stress and very intimate for our special day. St Selina was absolutely perfect. From beginning to end, Captain Iris made it so easy. She was so accommodating from the moment we booked and continued to walk us through the entire process. The 1920 monohull was so unique, beautiful, and romantic for a wedding day. The cake, champagne, and service was top of the line. Finally the setting.... talk about gorgeous. The entire experience was perfect and I wouldn’t change a thing. Highly recommended for any special event (anniversary, proposal, wedding, etc).

Sail Selina II, St. Michaels's reply:

Thank you so much for trusting us with your special day. We take so much pride in offering exemplary service and great value for a moderate price. My grandfather’s yacht is a gem and my staff and I love sharing her to create super memorable experiences! Congratulations! -Capt Iris
  • Liz
    Liz W. Married on 09/04/2020

The Perfect Elopement!

My husband and I had a private ceremony aboard the Selina II and it could not have been more perfect! The crew was outstanding and helpful (especially since we had a bit of rain). Everything was beautiful and it was clear that they knew what to do to make the experience memorable. Reverend Bonnie did a perfect job officiating, it was as if she’d known us for years! I would highly recommend if you are considering a small ceremony or elopement!
  • Jake
    Jake K. Married on 09/21/2019

Captain Iris & The Selina II

Our experience was unforgettable! We had a small wedding ceremony with our immediate family members aboard the Selina II in Saint Michaels, MD. Captain Iris and her crew made sure the event was special and their attention to detail from our initial contact until the day of was excellent. Very professional.

The Selina II is a beautiful boat and I would recommend Captain Iris to anyone looking for a unique and low-stress way to "tie-the-knot" in the beautiful town of Saint Michaels Maryland.

Sail Selina II, St. Michaels's reply:

Thanks Jake & Taylor, we were so honored to share your special day. It’s really obvious how perfect you are for each other. I loved your move the sofa story!
  • Jill
    Jill F. Married on 09/01/2019

Absolutely perfect wedding ceremony!!

I just was not keen on a courthouse wedding for the second time around and happen to come across Sail Selina II while searching for other venues. Selina II was just beautiful, a meticulously maintained 1926 catboat, very comfortable and the weather perfect for a ceremony at sea. What a special day this was for us. Ceremony was magical. Capt. Iris made us both feel at ease with her bubbly personality. First mate Elisabeth was hard working and delightful and also suggested we visit the lighthouse for additional pictures. This was definitely the best day ever!! If you are looking for something special to do for a wedding I highly recommend the Selina II.
  • Deborah
    Deborah F. Married on 05/18/2019

Our wedding

We wanted a special day with just the two of us. Captain iris gave us the perfect ceremony and was so personable and professional. It was a beautiful day on the Selina II that we will cherish forever.

Sail Selina II, St. Michaels's reply:

Thanks Deb, we try to go the extra mile for all our couples to make the experience as special as possible. I’m so glad it was for you!
    Robin Married on 05/28/2016
    Perfect day all around! Beautiful scenery & beautiful boat. The most romantic setting for a wedding. Captain Iris made this fairy tale wedding come true. Could not belive how reasonable the price was...the adage you get what you pay for is wrong in this case!! We got so much more than we paid for..a special way to celebrate our special day. The Salina II is an excellent choice for wedding or Anniversary...we will definitely be celebrating anniversaries aboard this beautiful boat.

Sail Selina II, St. Michaels's reply:

We loved having you guys aboard, your energy and commitment to each other was evident in everything you said & did, such a wonderful example of what it means to be a ♥couple♥. Congratulations & we will look forward to sharing anniversaries with you both!!
    Danielle Married on 05/14/2016
    We eloped in May 2016 and we're so glad we chose the Sail Selina for our big day. Captain Iris is amazing and so is her deckhand. They both went above and beyond to make our day a special one!

Sail Selina II, St. Michaels's reply:

We are so glad your day was so special!! You guys were the best :)
    Lori Married on 03/18/2016
    Captain Iris was the PERFECT choice for our marriage/elopement to St. Michaels. She is extremely professional, responsive, caring, and so easy to work with. She made our cermony so personalized - the perfect wedding - we couldn't have asked for more, it was as if she had known us forever! She is very well connected on the Eastern Shore and can assist in details and arrangements for suppliers to fulfil your every dream. Anyone looking for that perfect small intimate destination wedding stateside - St. Michaels, Captain Iris, and Selina is it!!!!

Sail Selina II, St. Michaels's reply:

Oh Thank You Lori, such kind words. It is a joy helping make everyone's special day simply perfect. Were glad to help with all the details. It takes the stress out of things for sure! -Capt Iris :)
    Donna Married on 09/05/2015
    Captain Iris and her wonderful crew were amazing from the start to finish of my daughter's wedding. Captain Iris was enthusiastic and helped me to plan a perfect day for my daughter and her partner . From the flowers to the cake to the music - she helped us plan very step of the way! The ceremony was gorgeous and Captain Iris provided just the right words! The Selina 2 was lovely and the setting made for an extremely memorable and romantic wedding. We were so fortunate to have found Captain Iris!

Sail Selina II, St. Michaels's reply:

Thanks Donna, you were great to work with and I'm glad everything turned out perfectly for your daughters, what a special day!! I'm so glad you opted for the live violin music, it was a wonderful touch!!
    Ashley Married on 08/12/2015
    The most amazing "low-key" wedding we could have asked for! Romantic, intimate ceremony on the water with our closest family members. The ceremony was dockside so that all family could watch (more than just the 6 allowed on the boat), followed by a champagne toast for all, and then my husband and I took a one-hour private sail before meeting our guests at a nearby restaurant for the dinner reception! Captain Iris and her first mate were so professional and fun. They took a few hundred photos for us with our camera, which turned out amazing! Our ceremony was customized to our liking, and was honestly so beautiful and spiritual as well. Capt Iris did an amazing job as an officiant; it was as if she personally knew us and knew how important family, faith, and love is to us! Book your wedding on the Selina and you will not be disappointed one bit! Best value around and a really great alternative to a courthouse wedding. Beautiful boat and setting on the water!!
    Lisa Married on 06/15/2015
    Captain Iris performed an amazing elopement service for us, while keeping us laughing and smiling! Every detail of our wedding was absolutely perfect! My husband was a tad nervous and Captain Iris and Frank were such a calming delight! The best part, we can spend every anniversary on the beautiful Selina! Thank you so, so much!!

Sail Selina II, St. Michaels's reply:

I was so tickled to see your wedding photos show up on FaceBook it reminded me to ask for a review and I'm glad your wedding was a 5 star home run! By the way your photographer was stellar, yours are some of the best pics aboard Sail Selina II ever.
  • User2177563 2+ years ago
    I would highly recommend the Selina II sailboat as a wedding venue. On the practical side, it is reasonably priced, while on the memorable side, it provided a great setting for a small, intimate, and romantic wedding - one where you can commune with nature by hearing the sounds of the Miles River lapping against the boat and the sound of seagulls flying overhead as you are saying your vows. In addition, Captain Iris is a delight. Indeed, she is a truly unique and caring individual who provides her officiant services with grace, and yet has the strength to manuever the sailboat, along with her first mate, with ease. She helped us plan a wedding that spoke to our hearts and was originally ours. We both had the best day of our lives and are so happy that we chose the Selina II for our wedding. Hope to recreate the magic by spending our first anniversary on a sunset champagne cruise aboard the Selina II.
    Toni Married on 10/01/2014
    Our daughters were married on the Selina II, the whole experience was wonderful . Capt. Iris and her 1st mate were the best. I would recommend this venue to anyone planning a wedding?

Sail Selina II, St. Michaels's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words. Your daughters were beautiful on the inside as well as out. We enjoyed the afternoon as much or more than you did. Perfect weather, perfect guests, perfect bridges, perfect wedding, yea!! and I hope that they really do come for a sail with on their anniversary, that would be neat. -Capt Iris
    Maria Married on 10/01/2014
    My daughter and her wife got married aboard this beautiful sailboat and I can truly say that I have never seen a more beautiful wedding!!! Captain Iris and her First Mate Frank are absolutely all about making the day special, She has a bubbly, vivacious personalilty and Frank is like a wonder man, making sure the boat runs smooth and that the beautiful sail goes up perfectly and on top of that, he is a super photographer!!! Our entire family was enchanted and delighted with the entire experience!!! If you want a beautiful, special wedding that you will never ever forget, this is the wedding of your dreams!! We thank you both Captain Iris and Frank for going out of your way to make "our" dream wedding a reality from the bottom of our hearts!! Simply amazing!!! Thank you!!! Lori and Brandi's Mom....Maria Parker
    Brandi Married on 10/01/2014
    This was absolutely the greatest day of my life and I would not have changed a thing! Captain Iris and her first mate were incredible. Captain Itis handled everything for us and we just had to show up and enjoy our day.

Sail Selina II, St. Michaels's reply:

Thanks Brandi, you guys were great to be with, we were so honored to be part of your special day!
  • User1840305 2+ years ago
    Captain Iris:
    Your pictures and videos are fantastic! Julie, Dylan, Beth and I are all thrilled with the number, the quality and the significance of the pictures. All of us choked up on the video of the ceremony and the ringing of the bell.
    I can't really find the words to tell you how much we appreciate all that you have done.

Jim and Beth

Sail Selina II, St. Michaels's reply:

We were thrilled to be part of Julie & Dylan's special day. Such wonderful young people, so easy to work with, our experience was exceptional too, so thank you for creating such a beautiful wedding for your kids :) -Capt Iris
    Jaclyn Married on 09/12/2014
    Captian Iris was just fabulous. She is definately one of the reasons our day went so beautifully. She has a great energy and treats you as if you were the only people in St Michaels. We even lost our marriage certificate after the ceremony. Since we live in PA, it was quite a pain to get another one from the courthouse, have Captain Iris sign it again, and leave for home. She met us in a gas station parking lot to sign the new certificate! From the very beginning she guides you through your ceremony, gives suggestions and inforation to create your own vows. The boat is absolutely stunning and her first mate was top notch. We even got a free delicious cake for booking early! I would recommend Captian Iris and the Sail Selina II to everyone, whether for a big event or casual sail. Can't beat it!
    Dee Married on 08/29/2014
    Captain Iris was awesome! From the first moment I spoke to her, about weddings in Maryland, I got the feeling that I had known her my entire life and she was a close friend helping me plan my wedding. I don't recall how many emails we shared in the month leading up to our wedding. She was most helpful with arranging the cake and suggesting a florist. Captain Iris drafted our ceremony and emailed us the draft for review. We put our own written twist into our wedding with her written words. Greeted with hugs on our wedding day as if we were old friends. Captain Iris let us bring on board a special bottle of Scotch for our wedding toast. We used our own glasses, while our guests used her flutes. We had a unique sand ceremony as well as a flower ceremony for our parents. Even though all of this was discussed ahead of time with Captain Iris, performing both were done in a manner that made this special for us; right down to our kiss. Captain Iris is a very interesting person and her knowledge of the Miles River, the Selina II and sailing in general added to the trip. Our wedding was very affordable for us and all it offered. The memories, priceless! If I had to plan our wedding all over again, the only thing I regretted was not reserving the boat for an additional time period afterwards so we could enjoy the water and the sail. I was too nervous and emotional during the ceremony to really get into the spirit of the sail....but, plans are already being made to go back next year near our one year anniversary. I would most certainly recommend the Selina II and Captain Iris to anyone wishing to get married in a unique manner and on the water. We have been blessed by the experience and having Captain Iris perform our ceremony. We will also feel a special kindredship with her!

Sail Selina II, St. Michaels's reply:

Thanks so much Dee, you guys were wonderful to work with & I feel blessed to have been honored to be your officiant. I'm looking forward to that anniversary sail!!
    Stephanie Married on 08/27/2014
    Captain Iris was awesome!! We had such a wonderful intimate wedding thanks to her!
    Midge Event on: 07/22/2014
    The Board of Directors of Hunt Country Celebrations, a wedding provider organization, cruises on The Selina II each summer. It is absolutely the best part of our working retreat. Capt. Iris and First Mate John are so interesting and the sail so relaxing that we keep coming back each year. As wedding providers we would like to suggest that if you are planning to elope that having Capt. Iris marry your aboard the Selina II would be the perfect answer to make your wedding special. Saint Michaels, Md. and the Selina II are the perfect destination for your elopement. Or if you just want the most relaxing afternoon step aboard the Selina II and Enjoy.
  • User1731800 2+ years ago
    A NAUTICAL WEDDING VENUE!

We booked an afternoon in July and had BEAUTIFUL weather for our sail. The wind was nice but not too strong, the temperature was great, and the sky was cloudless.

Captain Iris and First Mate John were great hosts, very personable, and full of information about the Bay, the history of St. Michael’s, the various other boats on the Bay, etc. Captain Iris has loads of experience sailing this gorgeous yacht that has been in her family for many generations, and handled the boat masterfully. We weren't the least bit concerned about our safety.

The 41’ 6 “ foot boat was perfect for six people, and especially since we were all friends. Captain Iris is expanding her business into elopements and weddings, so we had much in common as all those aboard were dedicated wedding professionals.
    Donald Married on 07/16/2014
    My wife and I recently got married on the Selina II. We live in Texas and, after a lot of RESEARCH into different ideas, we decided on the trip to Saint MIchaels, Maryland. I don't think I have know enough words to be able to express our happiness with the whole experience. Captain Iris was amazing and delivered 100% on what she promised. She and her crew went above and beyond to make sure that everything went smoothly. We are more than happy to provide a 5 star rating. We will definitely go back.

Sail Selina II, St. Michaels's reply:

We LOVED having you aboard, you guys were great! So wonderful that you have found each other. We wish you many happy years together!
    Shari Married on 07/16/2014
    Our wedding aboard the Selina ll was exactly what we had hoped it would be. Captain Iris was a joy to work with, before and during the ceremony. St. Michaels offered a lovely setting and we had a perfect day. We wouldn't change one thing! If you want the perfect, romantic, memorable wedding you've always dreamed of...have your ceremony aboard the Selina ll.

Sail Selina II, St. Michaels's reply:

It was so neat the way you changed form romantic wedding attire to salty sailors all on one outing, a first for us. And we just loved Jeff's playing guitar and the piece he wrote for your special day. And the photos Bill took were fab, so happy for you!! We're looking forward to having you back aboard for an anniversary sail or quick get-a-way charter. Thanks for including us on your special day! -Capt Iris