Ryon:Lockhart Photography Reviews

77 | Los Angeles, CA

77 Reviews for Ryon:Lockhart Photography

Nikki · Married on 11/21/2014

Sarah & Tim are THE BEST. I met them as a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding they were shooting and loved their personalities... and when I saw their photos I was blown away. They have the most incredible knack for capturing the joy of an event, and the personalities of the bride and groom, in the most beautiful way. When I got engaged, they were the first vendors I called - I had to make sure they were free before cementing the date! I work for a wedding planner & I know a LOT of photographers I could've hired, but I wouldn't have wanted my wedding shot by anyone else. My husband is not generally comfortable in front of a camera, but Sarah & Tim made us both feel at ease, and the photos capture us both perfectly. We've had numerous people tell us that ours are some of the best engagement & wedding photos they've ever seen. Sarah & Tim are also really wonderful people, easy to get along with and very accessible during the planning process. They delivered everything we asked for, above our expectations, and they felt like old friends we would've invited to our wedding even if they hadn't been shooting it. :) I honestly can't recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 10/06/2015
  • Christiana

Christiana · Married on 10/18/2014

Sarah and Tim are by far the most fun-loving, genuine, kind, and TALENTED photography couple in the world. From the moment we met them, we knew we just had to have them photograph our wedding. We did an engagement shoot with them before our wedding which put us at ease for the big day. They were happy to run with the day and go with the flow, ensuring that each photo "caught the light" perfectly. They were super communicative, informative, and always made sure we felt comfortable leading up to the day and on the day. I can't speak more highly of this duo - they are first-rate photographers with an extraordinary eye for just the right photo. Our photos were INCREDIBLE and I still receive comments from friends and family wanting to know who we used so they can tell their recently engaged friend about them! You will not be disappointed - they are THE BEST, hands down!!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Heather · Married on 09/27/2014

Absolutely amazing photos. This is a husband and wife duo that are so much fun to work with that they bring the fun side out of you for your photos and they turn out amazing!! My now husband and I did our engagement shoot and wedding shoot with them and my sister also used them for their engagement shoot and wedding shoot and all pictures turned out perfectly, so much so that we had trouble choosing which ones to use since we loved them ALL. For our engagement shoot we wanted to try something different so we went kayaking in Newport Harbor and Sarah and Tim were all for trying it out to see what would happen with the photos. I didn't know if they would turn out since it was a little different but those are the photos that we ended up using most. I will continue to use this duo for anything we need photographed (children, parties etc). They were also very affordable!

Sent on 11/02/2014

Kiersten · Married on 08/02/2014

Sarah and Tim are absolutely amazing! They were recommended to us by our wedding videographer (who was also amazing and I'll be doing a review for him shortly) and I'm SO GLAD he recommended Ryon Lockhart to us.

We did our engagement photos with them earlier this year and the photos turned out wonderful. We were so happy with the quality of the photos. They had lots of great ideas for the shoot and they were also open to doing whatever we wanted to do on the shoot as well! They spent a lot of time with us and made sure to get us some amazing photos that we used for our Save the Dates and our wedding guest book! More importantly, these guys are just awesome to hang out with. They are a super sweet and fun couple which is really important because at your engagement shoot and on the wedding day you spent a lot of time with your photographers!

They were so great and helpful during the wedding (Sarah even had an extra bandaid for me when my shoes were hurting!) and they looked like they were genuinely having a really good time! It's obvious they're passionate about photography and they seem to really love shooting weddings. When its time for my husband and I to have little ones we'll totally go back to these guys for family photo shoots :)

Sent on 08/13/2014

Brittany · Married on 07/19/2014

We hired Ryon: Lockhart for our wedding in LA this July. We also did an engagement session- which conveniently took place in San Francisco, where we were living at the time! Our wedding planner sent us links to a few photographers to help us narrow it down when we first started planning the wedding. The moment we saw their work, we knew Sarah and Tim were the perfect photographers for us! We really appreciated the artistic perspective and genius use of light. We are not really a family who loves having pictures taken, but our time spent with Sarah and Tim was so relaxed and enjoyable that it didn't even feel like a "photo shoot". Our two-year-old daughter was included in both our engagement session and wedding photos of course and they handled her like pros! Sarah has an innate ability to find a beautiful backdrop in the most discrete places you would never notice.. and Tim, off to the side, captured some of our favorite images because we sort of forgot he was there and he caught us in such a natural state. The final product is hundreds of breathtaking photos to choose from. We are so happy we hired Ryon: Lockhart to capture the most important moments of our life.. the hardest part was narrowing our images down for the wedding album!

Sent on 10/25/2014

Grace · Married on 06/14/2014

When it comes to planning a wedding, there are so many decisions that need to be made. Some decisions were easier to make than others. Choosing a photographer was the first decision that my (now) husband and I made. For me, I didn't mind spending as much as it took to have a photographer that I liked - easy to get along with and had a portfolio that I loved. For my husband, he wanted to find a photographer who we connected with, but also had a fair price (he is much more budget-minded than I am...). We truly hit the jackpot with Sarah and Tim (Ryon:Lockhart). It was like love at first email! After meeting them once, we BOTH knew that they were the perfect fit for us. I realize now that not all wedding-related decisions were so easy to make. Ryon:Lockhart was the best wedding decision we made. I don't remember very much about the wedding day, but thanks to Sarah and Tim, I have photos to show me all of the things I didn't see and remind me of all of the things I loved about our special day! I would whole-heartedly advise anyone looking for a photographer for any event to contact Ryon:Lockhart. I'm pretty sure you'll fall in love with them the way my husband and I did!

Sent on 11/17/2014

If I could give a higher than five star rating, I would! Our experience with Ryon Lockhart photography was amazing and Sarah and Tim were the kindest, most professional and most wonderful photographers we could have imagined. When we started our wedding planning process, we always knew photography was a priority. We planned to book our photographer even before we settled on a venue. And now that our wedding is over and we have our wedding pictures in hand, we feel incredibly lucky and blessed to have had them at our wedding.

When I started my research, I must have looked at over 50 photographers. I was armed with a long list of photographers my friends had used for their wedding and I soon had "analysis paralysis". I took a step back to really determine what I valued for our potential wedding photos and what components I wanted captured and I soon realized that capturing people / expressions was incredibly important to me as well. With that in mind, I went back to searching for photographers and when I came across Ryon and Lockhart photography, I knew almost immediately that I wanted them to capture our wedding. Their photos showed people's faces and expressions with such authenticity and clarity and though their photos of scenery / details were beautiful, they highlighted people and how the day naturally proceeded.

It only took a few minutes after our Skype session for my now husband and I to agree that we wanted to hire Ryon Lockhart photography for our wedding. Sarah and Tim were down to earth, kind, accommodating, professional and funny and since my husband and I are both a bit camera shy, we were really glad that we felt comfortable around them. Sarah is amazingly quick to respond to emails and since we were plan

Sent on 08/09/2014

My husband and I originally did not want to take our engagement photos at all but changed our minds several weeks before our wedding. Because it was a last minute decision, we needed professional photographers who were able to 1) accommodate our schedule, 2) make us feel comfortable, 3)capture our love, and 4) fit into our style of photography. We love clean, classic, photos that don't seem fake or posed.

After contacting a few photographers, we knew we found THE ONE when we found Sarah and Tim from Ryon: Lockhart. They were able to deliver on everything we wanted and more! They are super sweet, extremely professional, and FUN! They are willing to do whatever it takes to get the shot and made sure that we were happy with our shots. My husband and I are so pleased that not only we changed our minds about taking our photos, but that we went with Tim and Sarah. I especially loved it when they delivered our photos in a cute wooden box with our names engraved on to a wooden USB. For me, little things like this goes a long way and their overall service and quality is priceless.

Sent on 07/31/2014

Jennifer · Married on 05/04/2014

We absolutely love Sarah & Tim. Not only are they amazing photographers, but they are wonderful people. Our engagement photos were amazing and our whole wedding experience with them has been top notch. They really care and it shows in every aspect of what they do.

Sent on 06/02/2014

Lindsey · Married on 04/27/2014

Sarah and Tim are just the best, most lovely people to spend our day shooting engagement photos with! Not only was the day fun & full of wonderful company and conversation ... but the photos were spectacular! I show them off any chance I get & I can't wait to frame several and display them at our wedding.

I can't recommend them enough - they are incredibly professional & kind.

THE LOVELIEST!

Sent on 07/31/2014
  • O

Olivia · Married on 03/09/2014

I cannot say enough good things about Ryon:Lockhart Photography. After the big day is over, the photos are all the more priceless. I know that in hiring Ryon:Lockhart, it was one of the parts of our engagement and wedding that we got absolutely right. Your photos will be fantastic and Tim and Sarah are gifted as well as lovely people. We had a lot of fun and are so happy with our photos and captured memories (including some moments we didn't even get to capture as the busy bride and groom!).

Sent on 04/17/2014

I absolutely LOVED Sarah and Tim. They were incredibly easy to work with, flexible, knowledgeable and came prepared for a bit of crazy at the wedding (which as I'm told always happens).

They really helped us stay on our desired timeline, and took pictures of everyone and everything.

I'd definitely hire them again!

Sent on 08/21/2013

Jason · Married on 12/14/2013

Sarah and Tim are the bomb. When my fiance (now wife) and I were looking, we wanted three things. 1. someone who made us feel comfortable 2. capturing color and light 3. capturing candid moments. We had no idea what to expect going into the big day.. our minds were just so overloaded with planning that it was refreshing to have Sarah and Tim that was calm and professional. I feel like I got a steal because once my wedding photos publish, their prices will have to up. haha. Lighting was perfect that day.... Anyways, as you can see, im extremely happy with them. Lastly, just FYI, I offered to write this review. They didnt even have to ask.

Sent on 01/03/2014

Tim & Sarah are one of the most funnest, responsive, awesomest couples ever! We were out of area, based in the DC area, and we had several phone/skype conversations to go over the day-of details for the day of. Sarah and I also texted a few times when I had silly questions - she was always responsive, and even offered to look over our 'day-of-timeline' to make sure that our timeline made sense.

On the day of, they both arrived promptly on time, helped out with lots of little details, and was such a joy to be around during at-times stressful moments!

We highly recommend them - and love their style of photography.

Sent on 11/28/2013

Celine · Married on 08/31/2013

Choosing Sarah and Tim to be our wedding photographers was probably the BEST decision we made for our wedding! We could not have been happier with our entire experience with them. They are truly talented and produce amazingly beautiful photos, not to mention also fun, cool and interesting people to be around. Their aesthetic is exactly what we were looking for - very natural poses, beautiful lighting and interesting angles. During the shoot, they make you feel at ease and do a great job keeping the mood lighthearted and relaxed, which is exactly how you want to look in your pictures! Working with them was such a joy - they were very responsive and accommodating in terms of timing, location and other special requests you may have.Their prices are very reasonable especially when the quality of the pictures is priceless. We really felt a wonderful connection with them and enjoyed having them be with us on our wedding day to capture our memories. We would wholeheartedly recommend Sarah and Tim to anyone and we will definitely be using them again for other special occasions!

Sent on 12/02/2013

Sara and Tim are a terrific husband and wife team who are not only great people but also excellent photographers. We are so happy with our wedding pictures from our August 2013 wedding, as well as our engagement photos.
    The relaxed and easy going atmosphere of our photo session made even the least photogenic and uncomfortable-in-front-of-the-camera subjects look great! Our photo sessions felt more like we were just hanging out with Sara and Tim rather than posing for the camera.

Sent on 12/14/2013

Swati · Married on 07/30/2013

As soon as my husband and I laid eyes on their work on the blog we knew we wanted Tim & Sarah to be with us on our special day. They first had us do a meet and greet where we all got a long so great! They came out to Maui to our destination wedding and we were so grateful to have them. Being in Maui everything felt so foreign with all the other vendors but having Tim and Sarah with us on our wedding day put us at ease. On the day of the ceremony, when they took pictures you hardly knew they were there. I felt like we didn't have to spend too much time taking pictures and when we received the final pictures you could see that they got hundreds of amazing shots of our most special day. They captured the magic of that day! Tim & Sarah are the sweetest, most down to earth people and a couple that's so in love so they get how much our wedding day and those pictures meant to us. I show my pictures to everyone and I feel like they were able to capture all the people and every detail that made our day so wonderful!

Sent on 12/10/2013

Katelyn · Married on 05/18/2013

Not only are Sarah and Tim great photographers, but they are also very fun and interesting people. We love how they were able to capture all the events of our special day. The photographs from our engagement shoot and wedding are truly amazing. They made us feel good in front of the camera, and also made sure that they provided us with the pictures in a timely manner. They are so easy to work and get along with that we feel very lucky to have found them and become friends. We definitely will be calling them again in the future when we need professional photos taken.

Sent on 08/10/2013

Such a joy to bring wonderful people like Tim and Sarah in on our wedding adventure. They were fantastic photographers as well as super personable making the whole thing that much more fun. They were constantly checking in with us as the day got closer and closer and were on top of everything. And did I mention the adorable personalized thumb drives they delivered our engagement and wedding photos on?!
    If you don't hire these 2 for your event you are TRULY missing out.

Sent on 08/03/2013

Sherin · Married on 04/13/2013

Sarah and Tim came to Switzerland to shoot our wedding and we were so happy to have them with us. We felt very comfortable in front of the camera and they helped us a lot to get the right shots. They were very flexible and professional. We would choose Sarah and Tim as our photographer aigain anytime.

Sent on 08/26/2013

Jennifer · Married on 04/07/2013

Sarah and Tim, our dynamic photographer duo, were amazing in every way. My husband and I got married in April at the Biltmore hotel in LA. From our very first meeting, we knew they were a perfect fit for our style and personality because they have such passion for what they do and are just genuinely sweet people. This is reflected in their pictures as they are dedicated to high quality work and are skilled at capturing all the moments throughout the day. We couldn't be any more happier with how all the images turned out - both engagement and wedding!! Their customer service is unbeatable -- always responsive, helpful and flexible to our needs. They're the best.

Sent on 08/07/2013

Joy · Married on 04/06/2013

Ryon:Lockhart Photography is a husband and wife professional photography team that cannot be beat! Sarah and Tim are quite talented and are excellent at what they do best: photography. They also have a great sense of humor and are two people you not only love working with, but want to hang out with as well. My fiance and I hired Ryon:Lockhart to shoot our wedding in April 2013, and recently had our engagement shoot with them and were so happy with how the pictures turned out. If you are not thinking about engagement pictures-think again! It's a GREAT way to get to know your wedding photographers and trust me, it's slightly awkward when you start off your engagement photo shoot, so get that awkwardness out of the way at the engagement shoot and don't worrry about it at your wedding! Sarah and Tim were so patient with us and made us feel so at ease, even when it felt a little awkward.

The prices are competitive and the professionalism and quality of photos you get are priceless.

Sarah and Tim shot our wedding, and I cannot say enough positive things about both of them. They arrived early to take "getting ready" photos, and did not leave the party until they made sure we got photos with everyone we wanted. Sarah and Tim are tireless, make you feel incredibly comfortable in sometimes awkward photo situations, and can put a smile on your face every time. They worked to make sure that shots were taken efficiently and, most importantly, you couldn't even tell that they were there (which is good thing, b/c the most annoying thing at certain weddings is when the photographer is so obvious and in your face snapping away that you can't concentrate on the bride and groom!). I highly recommend Ryon:Lockhart and will surely be using them in the future again...

Sent on 08/02/2013

Hayley · Married on 11/10/2012

Tim and Sarah are first and foremost incredible photographers. They are very talented and have impressive resumes (together and as a couple) from commercial print to personal photography. When we booked them it was very comforting that they were seasoned professionals and it showed through every step of the process, from our first meeting to the day of and the final product. They were on top of everything.

I immediately fell in love with their clean, classic, and emotion filled work. In fact after being stood up by another photographer and finding them through a 1000 google searches, when there was a chance they might be booked for our day, I cried. I'm not ashamed to admit it. They are that good. Style is obviously a personal choice, but I think what is most important in choosing a wedding photographer is their ability to capture the joy of the day and Tim and Sarah know how to tell your story. I love our wedding photos because they froze all the small moments of happiness in an absolutely beautiful way.

Fianlly, Tim and Sarah are people you want to spend your wedding day with. They are calm, professional, respectful, creative and kind. They will make your day better.

We are so grateful to Tim and Sarah for all their hard work and the beautiful result. Hands down one of the best wedding choices we made.

Sent on 09/17/2013

Kerry · Married on 06/09/2012

Brides -- breathe a sigh of relief, because you have found your photographers. Tim and Sarah are the absolute best! First of all, they're the coolest, most easygoing people around -- even photo-shy couples will feel completely comfortable with them. They got every single shot without us even noticing that they were there (and we had a small wedding.) Most importantly, the finished product was simply awesome. Relaxed, casual, spontaneous, genuine -- exactly what we wanted. I can't count how many guests complimented us not only on the photos, but on finding Tim and Sarah themselves -- "you got SO lucky" was the common refrain. I can't recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 08/15/2012

Kristy · Married on 05/12/2012

Sarah and Tim of Ryon:Lockhart photographed our wedding in New Orleans in 2012. They did an incredible job. Sarah and Tim are unbelievably talented, amazing to work with and know exactly how to deliver on what their clients are looking for. Our friends and family were amazed with them and several people have since hired them for additional services!

Both my husband and I hate being in front of a camera, yet Sarah and Tim made us feel completely comfortable. They captured so many meaningful moments with such grace and finesse. One of my favorite times on my wedding day was relaxing in the bridal suite with my husband-to-be and Sarah and Tim. We had so much fun laughing and taking candid shots before the ceremony began. Not only do they provide amazing photographs, their presence provides a calming sense of tranquility on what can be a stressful time.

After the wedding, they gave us so many amazing photos. I had an extremely hard time deciding on what to put in the photo album and ended up selecting over 200! Not only did they capture the bridal party, they captured EVERYONE having an amazing time. It has been a year from my wedding, yet I still enjoy looking at the pictures of our friends and families beaming with so much joy.

They truly captured everything on our perfect day and we can’t thank them enough. We wholeheartedly recommend Sarah and Tim.

Sent on 08/11/2013