Ryon:Lockhart Photography Reviews

72 | New York, NY

72 Reviews for Ryon:Lockhart Photography

Britta · Married on 04/22/2017

We hired Sarah & Tim as our wedding photographers, and for our engagement shoot, after experiencing their work with our friends' wedding. We were in the process of selecting wedding vendors when our friends posted their photos and I had a "we need them!!" moment. Since then I've recommended them to all of our friends getting married. It's hard to pick the BEST part of working with them, but a few highlights include:
    1. They are amazing people and so easy to work with. It was a pleasure having them involved in our wedding. After our engagement shoot, we just kept saying that we can't wait to hang out with them again (aka at our wedding). Now we just miss them...
    2. Their work is incredible. They do an amazing job of capturing the moments as they happen. If you love natural light, hidden beauty, and those little candid moments-- these two are for you. I can't even tell you how many friends and family members have thanked us for the candid photos of them at our wedding. Not to mention all the beautiful pictures of us and our wedding party....
    3. If you have a dog you'd like involved-- these two are excellent. Our dog, Waffles, loved them and was excited to put on a show for them and the camera :)

TL;DR: Hire them, you won't regret it!

Sent on 10/20/2017

tara · Married on 03/18/2017

My (now) husband didn't initially understand the importance of meeting with potential photographers in person before hiring them. That all changed after our first consultation meeting with Sarah and Tim, the amazing duo behind Ryon:Lockhart Photography. Our intro meeting actually felt more like a double date with long time friends catching up after not seeing each other for a while. Needless to say, we were hooked and booked them immediately .

Working with Ryon:Lockhart was one of the easiest and best decision we made. In addition to being really responsive, professional, and taking beautiful photos, they made us feel extremely comfortable in front of the camera. Both our engagement and wedding photos captured the essence of our happiest days! I can't recommend enough!!

Sent on 10/20/2017

Janine · Married on 01/15/2017

Our experience with Sarah & Tim was flawless and enjoyable from start to finish! They were such a source of comfort and talent on our wedding day. They were super thorough beforehand, which allowed us to be totally relaxed during our photos! We shot our pictures outside, on a sunny 40 degree January day, in the West Village and they are incredible. Completely candid, natural and they captured every moment. Furthermore, every picture we requested, was taken. They did not miss one single combination of family members/friends. It was very obvious from our first meeting with S & T that they are true artists. They care about their work and genuinely want to document the best memories from your special event. Because it is their personal business, their level of care and concern for their clients is above and beyond. Sarah's work with natural light is impressive- it is for sure her speciality. Trust these two, enjoy your day and better yet- enjoy the results of their work! We can't wait to hire them again!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Tim and Sarah are the absolute best! We are beyond thankful for their talent and skills on our wedding day and engagement pictures. They definitely have a way of making you feel comfortable as well as beautiful and were able to capture the feelings and emotions of each moment and the overall feeling of the day, which quite honestly blew us away. We are not the best at taking pictures, but they were able to make us LOOK and FEEL the best we have ever felt. We love their style of photography and can't wait to show our pictures to our family and friends! They were professional, skilled and so easy going! I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/31/2016

Alexandra · Married on 09/03/2016

Sarah and Tim were such a pleasure to work with! We met them at a coffee shop in the UWS and we hit it off from there! Sarah is super sweet and very responsive if you have any questions! We did our engagement shoot walking around the Lower East Side of NYC and it was a great time getting to know them and it was good to practice before the wedding! We received the photos on personally engraved USB drive and a lovely thank you note! I was with one of my bridesmaids when Sarah posted the blog of our photos, and she saw one of the glowing pictures, and it brought tears to her eyes. The best part is that they are not your typical wedding photographers that watermark all your photos, they trust that you will tag them for any photos you use on social media! During our wedding they made sure we got our list of photos we requested and were very focused on staying with the bride and groom while also catching candid shots of the guests. Sarah and Tim are amazing photographers and we were super happy with how the entire day went!

Sent on 11/06/2016

Diana · Married on 09/02/2016

Let me just start by saying that having Sarah and Tim as photographers at our wedding was the best decision we made. Sarah is very easy to get along with and very professional. She is incredibly thoughtful and genuine, taking time to get to know us as a couple by speaking over the phone, via e-mails, and meeting in person prior to our wedding day. You should review the portfolio on their website - there you can see that Sarah specializes in candid photos, where you can feel the energy and happiness of the couples and their guests. As photographers, they are in no way obtrusive or obnoxious, never blocking anyone’s views or making anyone pose in unnatural ways. They are more like “flys on the wall”, snapping candids of you and your guests enjoying yourselves. On our wedding day, Sarah and Tim took beautiful pictures of our families and wedding party, but my favorite photos are of the reception. Fast forward to 2 months later when we received the link to the pictures... I could cry thinking about how beautiful they came out. I will seriously treasure them forever. Looking through them lets me relive our wedding over and over again. As the bride and groom you are so overwhelmed with trying to say hello to all of your guests, you unfortunately miss out on some of your own party. With these pictures, I no longer feel like I missed out. I am so incredibly happy with Sarah and Tim's work - they are the absolute BEST.

Sent on 03/17/2017

Andrew · Married on 08/28/2016

My husband Billy and I were fortunate enough to have Sarah and Tim photograph our wedding in Nashville this past August and we could not have been more delighted with the experience of working with them from start to finish. Their organization, attention to detail, and flexibility truly took any/all pressure off of us during our wedding planning and our wedding day. Sarah and Tim were very communicative through the entire process, which was incredibly helpful. They requested our input for a formal shot list (which turned out better than we'd ever imagined) and took countless incredible candids throughout the process of getting ready, the ceremony, cocktail hour, first dance, dinner, toasts, dancing ... everything. They are true professionals and did an amazing job of utilizing the different spaces within and around our wedding venue for different backdrops for our photos. Words cannot express how in love we are with every single photo they captured from our wedding. Our wedding day flew by and was over before we knew it, but Sarah and Tim found a way to capture every moment of it in the most beautiful way imaginable. Choosing Ryon:Lockhart to photograph our wedding was without a doubt the easiest and best decision we made for our wedding day. Sarah and Tim are such wonderful and kind people and absolutely remarkable photographers.

Sent on 01/28/2017

Gretchen · Married on 08/27/2016

LOOK NO FURTHER. Sarah and Tim rock. Talented, professional, personable and fun. We had the chance to work with them this past spring and summer between our engagement session and wedding day. I truly have nothing but great things to say about my experience and the PHOTOS!! They are insane. You will miss out if you don't work with these two - and for the value, nothing compares. Happy to give further details if you wish to contact me directly :)

Sent on 12/30/2016
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 06/25/2016

LOVE Tim and Sarah! It will be hard to put into words just how much it meant to have them by our side on our big day! The photographs are beyond beautiful. The portraits, ceremony and reception pictures, and details they captured are all artistic and beautifully shot. More importantly, Sarah and Tim captured so many small candid moments that could have easily been missed - a kiss on the hand, a kiss on the cheek, or a big belly laugh. They captured these little flashes that really bring out our personalities, and the energy, love, and excitement of the day. Looking back at our pictures, it really takes me back and lets me re-experience those little moments! Beyond having some beautiful memories that I will always cherish, Sarah and Tim were just a joy to have with us all day. Sarah helped me throughout the day, talked me through a lot of my stress, made me laugh, and helped me relax! Their personalities really put us at ease. By getting us to relax, they got some really natural photographs that capture our personalities. Thank you Tim and Sarah!!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Genese · Married on 06/01/2016

Sarah is the best!! We live in NYC and upon finding Ryon Lockhart on Instagram when we were searching for a photographer for our engagement photos and after reaching out and talking to many photographers, we met her for coffee and felt like it was an old friend that we couldn’t wait to share this experience with! Our session was great and so comfortable but nothing compared to getting the photos back! They were stunning!! We immediately booked her for our wedding (which was in California)! By that time we were so comfortable and knew exactly what to expect and even then our wedding photos absolutely blew us away! One of my favorite moments of the day was sneaking away during cocktail hour just my husband and I and our photography team, it felt like such a fun hour with great friends vs just being with vendors hired for the day. Not only do we have the most beautiful pictures to last a lifetime, it’s a connection that we both look forward to continuing for any occasion that needs to be documented! Seriously, look no further, Ryon Lockhart Photography is THE BEST vendor decision you will make in the wedding planning process!

Sent on 03/04/2018

Alyssa · Married on 05/28/2016

From the moment we met Sarah and Tim (via Skype!) we knew they were the right photographers for us. We hit it off right away, from all the way across the country! They were in California at the time and my husband and I were in NY.

When we met them in person a few months later in person at our engagement photo session they were so laid back and made us feel at ease as they took hundreds of gorgeous photos.We could not get over our engagement pictures and how beautiful and flawless they turned out. It was such a fun afternoon with Sarah and Tim and it didn't feel posed or awkward at all.

As the months passed and our May 2016 wedding quickly approached, Sarah and I were in contact each week. She was quick to answer every email and put any wedding jitters at ease. Our wedding day was as hectic as everyone had warned us, but Sarah and Tim were there for every moment and every shot. From the thousands of photos to our gorgeous album, we could not be happier with how everything turned out. They were not only professional and talented, they were sweet and genuine. My husband I are blessed to have met them and hope to use them again in the future when we start a family. Sarah and Tim are simply the best!

Sent on 11/11/2016

Kira · Married on 04/02/2016

Sarah and Tim will first capture your imagination when you see their lovelier than life photos but then will capture your hearts when you actually meet them. They are the kindest of couples and such a team. Tim was unable to photograph our April 2016 wedding, but Sarah and her associate Billye were there at McCormick Home Ranch to capture some of the most beautiful photos I have ever seen. Because we were based in Japan, we first met Sarah and Tim over Skype, but Sarah made a point to meet up with us before the wedding day to get to know us. On the actual wedding day, her and Billye fit into our family so perfectly and managed to capture some of the most tender and intimate moments of our wedding day. They were both true professionals and now, when we look back at our wedding day, we know we have the most authentic and beautiful photos of our magical day. Their use of light, overall lovely energy, clear direction, professionalism, and skill shone throughout the day and later when our flash drive arrived and we had tons of pictures. This was one of the biggest investments we made on our wedding day and it was the most worthwhile as we will be enjoying these pictures for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 12/19/2016

There was something special from the first time I met Tim and Sarah. We talked for a few hours and the whole time they were very professional but also personable. By our second meeting, I felt like we've been friends for many years and for me, that was one of the important deciding factors. Since we were going to spend all day with our photographers on our wedding day, it was very important to me that we got along so that we would have natural chemistry rather than feeling forced.

My husband and I truly loved working with Tim and Sarah and highly recommend them to any couple or family who are looking for two very talented photographers and just all-around-good people. They are a great team and complement each other beautifully. Whenever Sarah was capturing the main shots of us, Tim was in the background taking the candid shots and was so attentive to all the little details. I remembered during our engagement session, he had to fix my ring multiple times because it kept shifting and wasn't centered. They're also very flexible, accommodating, and responsive. From me changing our engagement session from LA to SF to the weather not cooperating with us, they were quick on their feet and made the best of the environment. Prior to our wedding day, they were great about checking in and reviewing our timeline and shot list. They provided sound feedback based on their past experience.

My husband and I are so impressed and so happy with all of our photos. They were able to capture all the important moments and the essence of our relationship so effortlessly. Looking through the photos makes me smile every time. We're so grateful to have worked with them. Their talent and passion shine through in their work and we will treasure these photos for the years to come.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Ashley · Married on 10/16/2015

This review is long overdue. On top of being generally fantastic and kind people, Sarah and Tim delivered on every promise for our wedding photos.
    They were responsive. They were friendly. They were flexible when things were hectic and changes were made. And most importantly, they gave us countless heart-stopping images of our big day. They made it feel easy to be in front of the camera and the results were PHENOMENAL. The captured all the moments perfectly and we couldn't be any happier. I would recommend them to every single couple that is planning a wedding.

Sent on 03/15/2016

Hayley · Married on 08/14/2015

We were extremely selective when it came to our photographers, and are so glad that we didn’t settle on anyone before coming across Sarah and Tim of Ryon:Lockhart Photography. We fell in love with how natural all of their photos are. We first met Sarah and Tim over Skype and we instantly clicked- you seriously cannot meet a nicer couple. They made us feel so relaxed in front of the camera- something that we did not believe could happen! We did an engagement shoot around Brooklyn and even on a crowded New York Saturday evening, the photos were still intimate and beautiful. Sarah and Tim were an absolute godsend on the day of the wedding. From the moment they arrived they helped us feel relaxed and organized. They never felt intrusive, yet captured every single moment. They went above and beyond the duty of wedding photographers and became our wedding planners on the day, when issues arose at the venue. When we received our wedding photos I could not believe how exquisite they were. Everyone who was at our wedding has said that the photographs captured the day exactly as they remembered it. They were perfect- we can not express how happy we are with them. We would recommend Ryon:Lockhart Photography for any occasion- you will not find better!

Sent on 11/22/2015

Rebecca · Married on 07/25/2015

Sarah and Tim were the best wedding photographers a bride could have! Not only were they reliable and professional but they were also very personable and fun to have around. My (now) husband is not a big fan of getting his picture taken, but a few minutes into the shoot they made us so comfortable that we almost forgot we were being photographed. The pictures turned out not stiff but natural.

The finished product they sent us turned out beautiful! Sarah and Tim did a wonderful job of capturing the day. They took time to photograph all the little details that I loved about my wedding. The portraits were breathtaking. They really do have a magical eye and saw opportunities for photos that I would have walked right past. My favorite photos were all from the reception. I had so much fun looking through the photos. They took some great ones of my guests enjoying the day, captured moments that I didn't witness, and reminded me of some great moments I forgot about because of the blur of the day. After looking though the photos I felt like I was able to live the day all over again!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Sarah and Tim are absolutely the best wedding photographers! My brother (also a photographer) had used Ryon:Lockhart photography for his black tie wedding that was very classic and elegant, and everyone was completely blow away by them. They’re both super nice, professional, and personable, while also being able to keep everyone on schedule and politely respond to different guests’ wacky picture requests. My brothers wedding pictures were fantastic and he highly recommended Ryon:Lockhart photography when I began planning for my wedding. Our bohemian themed wedding had a very different style than my brother’s. We wanted fun and artistic pictures and lots of candid shots, and we knew that we also wanted Sarah and Tim to be the photographers. Once again, they did an exceptional job. We LOVE our unique wedding pictures and have received so many compliments from the guests and from the other vendors. Not only did they take the best wedding pictures that I have ever seen, but they are also competitively priced, they were excellent at communicating, and they gave us digital files of all the pictures - which is a MUST! (Most other photographers require that you order all prints through them and they’re astronomically expensive.) They were hands-down our favorite vendors and we would recommend them to anyone. Thank you Saran and Tim!!

Sent on 12/16/2015

Sarah and Tim were absolutely wonderful wedding photographers. We were recommended to use them by our friends who were recently married and they had nothing but high praise for these two. From the first time we sat down to talk to them, we could tell they were very professional and excited to work with us. Our engagement photos came our amazing and they made the process fun and enjoyable. They put in the time and effort to scout our wedding venues multiple times before to set up the best shots on our wedding day. The pics are stunning and even our venue wants to use their photos for their website. Sarah and Tim enjoy what they do and it comes across in the results. Would highly, highly recommend using Ryon:Lockhart Photography if you want the perfect wedding pictures!

Sent on 09/18/2015

Allison · Married on 01/03/2015

As good as it gets is not enough to describe Tim and Sarah and their photography. As I was planning my wedding, I did a lot of online research for wedding vendors and fell in love with Ryon Lockhart Photography picture aesthetic. My fiancee at the time and I sat down with Tim and Sarah before we booked with them and were so pleasantly surprised. They are the warmest, caring, and real people. After the meeting, we immediately booked them. I did not know at the time what a wonderful decision we made. Tim and Sarah are so professional, reliable, and detail oriented both our wedding and engagement pictures were amazing! As part of the wedding package, they offer an engagement session so they get to know the bride and groom before the big day. That shoot was so comfortable and fun! They were so patient with our different venues and outfit changes and Sarah was so helpful in making outfit and accessory suggestions when asked.

Our wedding day was a dream and Tim and Sarah captured it perfectly! They were present for all the important moments but not ever in the way or a distraction. Having Sarah nearby was like having one of my girlfriends shoot our wedding. The pictures were so professional when we received them, you can tell how talented Tim and Sarah are and how well they work together to capture each moment.

We had some issues with the zip drive (it ended up being corrupted) sent from a company they use to no fault of Ryon Lockhart Photography. They were SO responsive and offered multiple fixes for the problem. They sent us a new zip drive right away and posted our pictures on an online gallery so that we could download them sooner.

We were so pleased with our photos and will cherish them for a lifetime and we can't wait to book them for a family shoot with our newborn! Thank you Tim and Sarah!!

Sent on 11/11/2015

Caitlin · Married on 12/06/2014

I am beyond grateful my husband and I chose Sarah and Tim of Ryon:Lockhart Photography to capture our wedding day! Wedding photographers are with you from the second you start getting ready to the moment you leave your wedding venue so it’s imperative that you have good chemistry and are comfortable with whoever you choose. From the second we met them, our personalities clicked and I knew this dynamic duo would be the perfect ones for the job! Sarah and Tim are nothing short of professional and courteous, with the right amount of fun to help ensure that your wedding day is perfect! We were thrilled with how our wedding photos turned out and honored that they were chosen to be featured in Style Me Pretty’s wedding blog. Sarah and Tim are not only talented and exceptional photographers, but they are two of the nicest people I have ever had the privilege of meeting. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/08/2015

Nikki · Married on 11/21/2014

Sarah & Tim are THE BEST. I met them as a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding they were shooting and loved their personalities... and when I saw their photos I was blown away. They have the most incredible knack for capturing the joy of an event, and the personalities of the bride and groom, in the most beautiful way. When I got engaged, they were the first vendors I called - I had to make sure they were free before cementing the date! I work for a wedding planner & I know a LOT of photographers I could've hired, but I wouldn't have wanted my wedding shot by anyone else. My husband is not generally comfortable in front of a camera, but Sarah & Tim made us both feel at ease, and the photos capture us both perfectly. We've had numerous people tell us that ours are some of the best engagement & wedding photos they've ever seen. Sarah & Tim are also really wonderful people, easy to get along with and very accessible during the planning process. They delivered everything we asked for, above our expectations, and they felt like old friends we would've invited to our wedding even if they hadn't been shooting it. :) I honestly can't recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 10/06/2015
  • Christiana

Christiana · Married on 10/18/2014

Sarah and Tim are by far the most fun-loving, genuine, kind, and TALENTED photography couple in the world. From the moment we met them, we knew we just had to have them photograph our wedding. We did an engagement shoot with them before our wedding which put us at ease for the big day. They were happy to run with the day and go with the flow, ensuring that each photo "caught the light" perfectly. They were super communicative, informative, and always made sure we felt comfortable leading up to the day and on the day. I can't speak more highly of this duo - they are first-rate photographers with an extraordinary eye for just the right photo. Our photos were INCREDIBLE and I still receive comments from friends and family wanting to know who we used so they can tell their recently engaged friend about them! You will not be disappointed - they are THE BEST, hands down!!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Heather · Married on 09/27/2014

Absolutely amazing photos. This is a husband and wife duo that are so much fun to work with that they bring the fun side out of you for your photos and they turn out amazing!! My now husband and I did our engagement shoot and wedding shoot with them and my sister also used them for their engagement shoot and wedding shoot and all pictures turned out perfectly, so much so that we had trouble choosing which ones to use since we loved them ALL. For our engagement shoot we wanted to try something different so we went kayaking in Newport Harbor and Sarah and Tim were all for trying it out to see what would happen with the photos. I didn't know if they would turn out since it was a little different but those are the photos that we ended up using most. I will continue to use this duo for anything we need photographed (children, parties etc). They were also very affordable!

Sent on 11/02/2014

Kiersten · Married on 08/02/2014

Sarah and Tim are absolutely amazing! They were recommended to us by our wedding videographer (who was also amazing and I'll be doing a review for him shortly) and I'm SO GLAD he recommended Ryon Lockhart to us.

We did our engagement photos with them earlier this year and the photos turned out wonderful. We were so happy with the quality of the photos. They had lots of great ideas for the shoot and they were also open to doing whatever we wanted to do on the shoot as well! They spent a lot of time with us and made sure to get us some amazing photos that we used for our Save the Dates and our wedding guest book! More importantly, these guys are just awesome to hang out with. They are a super sweet and fun couple which is really important because at your engagement shoot and on the wedding day you spent a lot of time with your photographers!

They were so great and helpful during the wedding (Sarah even had an extra bandaid for me when my shoes were hurting!) and they looked like they were genuinely having a really good time! It's obvious they're passionate about photography and they seem to really love shooting weddings. When its time for my husband and I to have little ones we'll totally go back to these guys for family photo shoots :)

Sent on 08/13/2014

Brittany · Married on 07/19/2014

We hired Ryon: Lockhart for our wedding in LA this July. We also did an engagement session- which conveniently took place in San Francisco, where we were living at the time! Our wedding planner sent us links to a few photographers to help us narrow it down when we first started planning the wedding. The moment we saw their work, we knew Sarah and Tim were the perfect photographers for us! We really appreciated the artistic perspective and genius use of light. We are not really a family who loves having pictures taken, but our time spent with Sarah and Tim was so relaxed and enjoyable that it didn't even feel like a "photo shoot". Our two-year-old daughter was included in both our engagement session and wedding photos of course and they handled her like pros! Sarah has an innate ability to find a beautiful backdrop in the most discrete places you would never notice.. and Tim, off to the side, captured some of our favorite images because we sort of forgot he was there and he caught us in such a natural state. The final product is hundreds of breathtaking photos to choose from. We are so happy we hired Ryon: Lockhart to capture the most important moments of our life.. the hardest part was narrowing our images down for the wedding album!

Sent on 10/25/2014