Ryon:Lockhart Photography Reviews

77 | Los Angeles, CA

77 Reviews for Ryon:Lockhart Photography

Tatiana K. · Getting married on 11/06/2021

Absolutely the Best!

I've worked with many vendors over the years and as a pro, I can confirm Tim & Sarah are some of the best professional photographers out there. They were insanely detailed, their responses were timely, and they were organized before and on the wedding day. Our full plan couple had them photograph their wedding a few months back in Brooklyn and they blew me away. Their detail shots, the family groupings...nothing went unphotographed! I recommend them to everyone getting married!

Sent on 06/23/2020

Geary R. · Getting married on 08/02/2021

Incredible Experience and Photography!

Sarah was an absolute joy to work with!! Words cannot describe how perfect she made the photo-experience! She photographed my engagement/proposal and went above and beyond our expectations! Photographing a surprise proposal is not the easiest request. However, Sarah provided important experience and insight into how we would pull it off. A week before the proposal she even walked through the proposal/photoshoot with me in-person and on-site!! My Fiance and I have never had our pictures taken professionally, so we were a little awkward. Sarah made us feel very comfortable and was reassuring throughout the entire experience. In the end, the photos came out perfectly and will be an everlasting memory of an excellent experience! Seriously, cannot recommend enough!! HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND BOOK NOW!!

Thank you so much Sarah!!

Sent on 04/17/2019

Caitlin F. · Married on 05/06/2021

Amazing photographers and people!

Sarah & Tim are so talented! They are unbelievably professional, while also making the process fun and natural. We were so thrilled by all the photos we received for our engagement session as well as the wedding and would highly recommend them to anyone! We have received so many compliments on our photos!

Sent on 12/18/2019
  • Adrienne

Adrienne G. · Married on 09/27/2020

Incredible person and photographer!

We worked with Sara for our engagement photos and wedding. Sara was incredibly responsive, professional, kind, and went above and beyond to ensure our photos were spectacular. My mom and I even had a few requests for editing some of our wedding photos, and Sara went out of her way to ensure our photos were perfect. I hope to work with Sara again in the future for family sessions once we have a little one. I would recommend Sara to my friends, family, and any engaged couple.

Sent on 01/02/2021
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth C. · Married on 09/12/2020

Sarah is the best!!!

2020 was not an ideal year to be an engaged person. As if wedding planning isn't already stressful enough, adding onto it a worldwide pandemic could cause any couple to lose it. We were referred to Sarah through a friend and I already knew I loved her style from her gallery- I wanted very much a light, crisp look but also someone who could incorporate the perfect sunset lighting and knew how to take modern/city pictures. After speaking with Sarah over the phone, it re-instilled my desire to have her on our big day. Once we realized a June 2020 wedding wasn't realistic, we postponed until September...but go figure COVID and we worked with Sarah through another postponement. While we decided to move our big reception until Sept of 2021, we decided to safely get married in Sept of 2020 with our closest friends and family. Sarah was absolutely understanding during this stressful time. Each time we had to postpone and work with the venue on a new date- we had to realign all the vendors once again and Sarah worked with us through it all- even giving us advice outside of photography. We hired Sarah for our "microwedding" and I cannot tell you how many people have told us the pictures were stunning quality. We did our first looks at Gramercy Park, got married at a church in Chelsea and then did our indoor/outdoor celebration at a country club out in Long Island. Sarah was a team of one on this day and it amazes me how she was able to get all those pictures, from all the different angles. There wasn't a person on our list that she didn't cross off and we are beyond happy with how the pictures came out this year and we can't wait to be working with her again next year on our big "vow renewal" reception day.

Sent on 03/12/2021
  • Megan

Megan S. · Married on 08/22/2020

The Best Photographer!

Sarah and Tim were amazing from the first email to long after our wedding. Sarah is honestly the kindest person and listened to and executed on all of our wishes. We faced some difficulty with our wedding because my husband and I were supposed to be married in April 2020. Sarah and Tim were so gracious and easy to work with during the re-scheduling process. On the day of our micro wedding, Sarah was a joy to be around and so prepared and professional! And most importantly, our pictures were AMAZING!! She captured all of the love and laughter of the day, we were blown away when we received our gallery. I highly recommend Sarah and Tim, we were so glad we were able to have them photograph our wedding and cannot wait to work with them in the future!

Sent on 12/14/2020
  • Julianne

Julianne C. · Married on 07/11/2020

Captured our intimate wedding perfectly - HIGHLY recommend!

We could not be more thankful for Sarah (of Ryon:Lockhart) and the memories that she captured of our intimate wedding this year. When we originally had to postpone our 200+ person July wedding, Sarah was incredibly understanding, and was flexible as we worked with our venue to find a new date in 2021; rescheduling her was likely the EASIEST part about having to postpone our wedding. Better yet, we reached out to Sarah about a month later because we decided to still get legally married on our original date, but in my parents backyard with only 14 guests. I knew Sarah would capture the day so perfectly, and we were ecstatic when she agreed to come shoot our small ceremony. She was so respectful (wore a mask the whole time!), so organized, and captured every moment (and more) than we could have ever imagined. We teared up when we received our images. Not to mention that she is so easy to talk to, so fun to be around, and makes you feel so comfortable (and not awkward!) in front of the camera because she focuses on capturing real, genuine/candid moments instead of all posed, highly filtered and forced images. We are forever thankful for her and we are so excited for her to capture our wedding #2 next year (whatever it ends up looking like!)

Sent on 12/13/2020

Danielle B. · Married on 06/11/2020

The Absolute Best!!

I can say with 100% certainty hiring Ryon: Lockhart was the best decision I made and I literally feel like the luckiest bride that I got to work with Sarah! My wedding pictures are absolute perfection! I knew when planning my wedding picking the wedding photographer was going to be one of the biggest and hardest decision I had to make. Your wedding photographer is with you for a lot of time on your Wedding Day so it’s really important to choose someone you feel comfortable around because that person becomes part of your support system on that day. From the moment, I had my first phone call with Sarah I knew I wanted to work with her, because she it was so easy to talk to and she is so down to earth. Not only were my Husband and I soo impressed with Sarah but both of our families couldn’t stop talking about how amazing she was. On another note, I am also a 2020 bride which means my original wedding plans had to change and I was so fortunate to be working with vendors and like Ryon: Lockhart that understood the tough decision I was having to make and were so flexible with me while I was trying to navigate postponing my original wedding while also trying to plan a micro wedding. Overall working with Sarah is such a pleasure and she is so talented, if you are lucky and she has your wedding date available you definitely don’t want to miss the opportunity to work with her!!!

Sent on 12/20/2020

Amanda · Married on 07/20/2019

Best decision we made!

Hiring Ryon:Lockhart was truly one of the best decisions we made among the countless number of decisions that go into planning
    a wedding. Almost 6 months after our wedding, I still can't believe how unbelievably beautiful our photos came out. Sarah is not only incredibly talented but she is also such a pleasure to work with. My husband and I really don't like taking pictures and Sarah made us feel so comfortable and gave great guidance on how to pose so that we looked natural and like ourselves. We would highly recommend Ryon:Lockhart to anyone!

Sent on 01/12/2020

Lena B. · Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing, prompt, professional, talented.

Sarah was amazing! We booked very last minute and thank goodness she was available! She knew exactly where to take the photos and they turned out so beautiful and natural! Highly highly recommend.

Sent on 01/26/2020

Bree · Married on 06/09/2019

You've found your photographer!

As a planner, I work with photographers at every single event, and often have a pleasant experience. But working with Sarah for the first time, I knew I had found a "gem", and a go-to photographer on my "team." She is everything you want in a photographer for your special day: cool, collective, real, relatable, flexible, fun and simply elevates the entire day with her positive energy and genuine personality. You spend the most amount of time with your photographer out of any other vendor on the day of, so you need to be able to be comfortable with your photographer. And I don't think you could be more at ease than with Sarah. She is also an advocate for you and your photos. Making sure you're having the best day while also getting your dream shots for life! Photography is one of the most important wedding investments because it is one of the few things that will help you capture the joy and last for a lifetime. You want to invest in yourself for your wedding, and for that, I can't recommend Sarah enough - you'll be over the moon. She is simply a wonderful human being!

Sent on 04/20/2020
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 04/12/2019

Love Love Love Ryon Lockhart!!

My husband and I could not have chosen a better photographer for our wedding day than Ryon Lockhart Photography. To say way LOVE every single photo is an understatement. We first met Sarah over a few margaritas and chatted about how my husband and I met. We felt like we knew her forever and it was a no brainer to have her photograph our wedding. We were lucky enough to have both Sarah and her husband Tim spend the day with us on our wedding day. Their energy was incredible and we could not have felt more relaxed! I don’t love taking pictures and when I take them, I feel a bit awkward. Sarah was magic and made me feel completely at ease and relaxed while taking pictures. She knew exactly what to say and how to loosen us up. Not only did she capture the posed pictures that we wanted in front of NYC locations that truly meant a lot to us in our relationship, but she captured organic moments of us with our friends and family that truly translate how much fun we were having and how much love was in the room. We were so so lucky to have Sarah and Tim at our wedding and the incredible pictures to go along with it. We hope to hire Ryon Lockhart for any photos needed in the future!! Lots of love to you guys!!

Sent on 01/17/2020
  • Natalie

Natalie H. · Married on 02/11/2019

Every single photo is amazing!

Sarah took photo of our civil ceremony in NYC and did an amazing job. I absolutely love every single photo she shared with us. She made us feel very natural and comfortable when posing. It felt like we had known each other for a while already. She also caught beautiful intimate moments and great detail shots that I really cherish. I would 100% work with her again.

Sent on 12/18/2019

Melanie · Married on 11/10/2018

Highly recommend!

Sarah and Tim were SUCH joys to work with! One of the most important things I realized about hiring wedding vendors was how important it was to choose people you trusted as good people and connected with because they are surrounding you and your family during some of the most important moments of your life. From the moment I spoke with Sarah on the phone, it was clear that her kindness and genuineness matched up with the absolutely gorgeous photos I had seen on her website. Throughout the entire process, Sarah was always willing to offer suggestions on timeline and flow of events; she patiently talked through the smallest of details and was really responsive to answering any questions that arose. On the day of, she was timely, professional and able to effortlessly direct family to efficiently get through photos so we could party. We were beyond thrilled with the final album she provided us- so many people have commented how she was able to capture so much joy and love from the day and we completely agree. We cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 04/07/2019

Jackie P. · Married on 11/03/2018

The Best Bi-Coastal Photographers!

Sarah and Tim were a dream to work with! My husband and I got married in Yountville, CA but live in New York City. Our planner, Erin Vigil from Your Event by Erin, recommended them to us because they have experience in doing weddings on both coasts. We loved Sarah right off the bat, but because she and Tim are bi-coastal, we had the option to do our engagement shoot in New York so that we could get to know her before our wedding day. Sarah is very calm and collected and one of the nicest people you will meet, but when she needs to corral 15 family members together for a group photo, she has no trouble doing so. We loved our engagement photos, but were OBSESSED with our wedding photos. Sarah and Tim captured our aesthetic to perfection and we could not be happier with the finished product. Sarah even rushed a few family photos to me before the holidays so that I could give them to our parents as Christmas gifts!

Sent on 02/19/2019

Meghan · Married on 10/12/2018

Incredibly talented photographers & wonderful people!

We can not say enough wonderful things about Sarah & Tim! There were absolutely wonderful from start to finish and we can’t get over how perfectly they captured the day and all the love, joy and happiness we were embraced with!

We were fortunate enough to have spent time with Sarah and Tim at our best friend’s wedding the previous year, where they were both the photographers! Having the chance to meet them, see them capture the day and develop such stunning photographs was such a cool experience and had us even more excited to work with them for our own wedding.

Everything leading up to the event with Sarah was so organized, fun and not stressful in the slightest! She was incredibly helpful in assisting us organize our timeline and structure the day to ensure we were able to capture all the pictures we wanted!

When the day came around, Sarah and Tim were just so perfect! They were fun, sweet, professional, respectful and had the perfect ability to keep a flexible and carefree environment while also ensuring our very loud, excited and energetic group stayed relatively on course for the day :) Sarah and Tim were terrific and captured all the pictures we were hoping for (which was no easy feat with some of the big group pictures)!

When we received the pictures, we were overwhelmed with how stunning and beautiful they were. They perfectly captured the light, love, emotions and happiness of the day. We spent hours going through the pictures and LOVE every single one! The quality was spectacular and the light and airiness to them perfectly matched the Jersey shore / winery theme of our wedding!

We can’t say enough wonderful things about Ryon Lockhart photography and know anyone who is lucky enough to work with them will feel the same way!

Sent on 01/26/2019

Amy · Married on 10/07/2018

Highly Recommend Ryon/Lockhart

It was such a wonderful experience working with Sarah and Tim. From the first phone call, I got an immediate sense of what a genuine and kind person Sarah is and how seriously she approaches capturing such a special event. My husband and I are not very comfortable being in the spotlight, but she and Tim put us at ease.

Sarah was also so helpful in putting together a timeline. We wanted to get in most of our formal shots before the ceremony. It was a lot to get done and could’ve been stressful, but they made it fun and worked so well with our friends and family.

It’s been such a joy going through our photos. From the more formal ones to the action shots on the dance floor...they all came out so beautiful! Sarah and Tim clearly put so much thought and hard work into the photos...they truly reflect the happiness and love we felt that day. We’ll cherish the memories forever.

Sent on 02/04/2019
  • Alison

Alison M. · Married on 09/30/2018

Highly recommend!

Gorgeous wedding photos! Sarah and her husband do an amazing job of capturing the beauty of your wedding (scenery and people). We did our engagement photos in the city and our wedding at the beach and the photos are even better then I could have imagined. They can do any setup.
    They are also such a pleasure to work with and make it easy! You spend a lot of time with your photographers on your wedding day so make sure you have a good repour. Photos also aren't your average cheesy photos either. Even my husband who doesn't love taking photos was so happy with how they turned out. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Corinne · Married on 09/28/2018

Best Photographers Ever!!!

Sarah and Tim are simply AMAZING! After booking the venue, Sarah and Tim were the very first vendor we booked and it was the easiest decision we made. From our initial ‘meeting’ with Sarah on Skype to finally seeing all of our gorgeous photos, it was such a flawless and enjoyable experience. My husband and I wanted to make sure the photographer we chose was someone who could capture our day as organically as possible and Sarah and Tim did just that. Actually they did more than that— they someone captured every special moment (both big and small) all while making us look like professional models.
    Leading up to the wedding, Sarah was responsive and true to her deadlines, and her genuine kindness, compassion, understanding and laid back vibe instantly put us at ease during the stressful planning months.
    On the day of the wedding they were incredibly fun to be around and made us feel very comfortable— at times we would not even realize they were there! Sarah and Tim were such a power team, working together seamlessly to ensure we got all the shots we wanted and then some. Their laid back, fun vibe was a pleasure to be around all day and they somehow managed to wrangle our giant (sometimes rowdy) wedding party together to get some truly incredible photos. I personally loved how Sarah was open to taking more out-of-the-box photos— which turned out to be some of my favorites. She also captured the little quiet moments throughout the day that were so special to us and something we will keep close to our hearts forever.

Overall, I could not have imaged a better team to be with on our wedding day. Sarah and Tim are really more than photographers. We felt we were in safe hands throughout the entire process and when we finally met, it was like having two friends there with you. Their endless talent and professionalism shines through, allowing you to relax and have the best day of your lives.

Words cannot express how in love we are with every single photo they captured from our wedding. Choosing Sarah and Tim to photograph our wedding was without a doubt the easiest and best decision we made for our day. They are both such wonderful and kind people and absolutely remarkable photographers. Not only do we have the most beautiful pictures to last a lifetime, it’s a connection that we look forward to continue in the future.
    Xo,
    Corinne and Dave

Sent on 01/27/2019

Aish D. · Married on 09/08/2018

We can’t say enough great things about Sarah and Tim! They were recommended by close friends (one is a photographer), so we trusted we were in good hands. But, we were blown away by our engagement pictures. We first met Sarah 8 months before our wedding for our engagement shoot in Central Park. She made us feel comfortable and confident in front of the camera, and made the day so fun! She gave us our pictures in record time, and every single one was exceptional (it was next to impossible to pick just one favorite for our Save the Dates)!

On the day of the wedding, Sarah and Tim were both so great. They are an amazing team, and went above and beyond to ensure that they captured every single detail of our wedding day. We had a fusion wedding, which meant that Sarah and Tim had to work all day with barely a break to capture Hindu and Western ceremonies and one reception all in one day. They worked tirelessly and always with a smile on their faces. They were funny, extremely supportive, organized, and so lovely to work with. Sarah even helped me change into my third outfit for the reception! We are so lucky to work with such talented photographers who felt like family from the very beginning!

Sent on 09/29/2018

Daina P. · Married on 07/21/2018

Gorgeous photos

We can not give enough praise to Ryon: Lockhart photography. From start to finish Sarah and Tim were extremely professional, helpful and pleasant. They find a perfect balance between casual and professional- and their photos are amazing! At the end of your day it’s your photographers that you see the most of on your wedding day and I was so pleased to have these two present to capture all of our special moments. We would highly recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 01/23/2019

Emily · Married on 06/09/2018

There are not enough good things we could say about Ryon:Lockhart Photography. We worked closely with Sarah from the very start and were impressed with her professionalism but also her casual and approachable vibe. She immediately understand the look we were going for with our photos and our laidback style and that's exactly what we received. On the day of our wedding, she showed up right on time and was just as pumped about our wedding as we were. The final images we received were amazing, literally exactly what we wanted. Sarah made us feel comfortable all day and was great at getting beautiful, natural and unstaged "posey" photos. Would definitely recommend Ryon:Lockhart for anyone in the market!

Sent on 10/06/2018

Helga B. · Married on 06/09/2018

So Thankful!!

I am so thankful that I hired Sarah for my wedding day. She not only made my husband feel comfortable in front of the camera, which has never happened before, but she kept me on a schedule and took charge when the family photos were making me and my husband fall behind. So that way I didn't have to be seen as a "demanding bride". When the photos came out, I was so emotional and felt like I was re-living every beautiful moment. Sarah captured things that in the chaos of it all, I had failed to notice. We will cherish our wedding pictures for the rest of our lives, and are so proud to one day be able to share those moments with our children and grandchildren. Thank you Sarah!

Sent on 03/29/2019

Keri · Married on 10/14/2017

We hired Ryon:Lockhart for our wedding here in Los Angeles last fall based on the recommendation of friends who had also hired them (and loved them), and I cannot say enough amazing things! Sarah was our main contact throughout the entire process, and she made the whole process a joy. Not only was she responsive and true to her deadlines, but she was so genuinely nice and accommodating throughout and instantly put me at ease during the stressful planning months.

Sarah had lots of great ideas for our engagement session, and we ended up choosing Venice Beach and the Venice Canals based on her advice. We were so glad we did! She has such an eye for color and light, and her easy going nature makes the whole thing FUN. We had such a blast taking photos with her and knew our wedding would be more of the same.

On our wedding day, Sarah and Tim were such a power team, working together seamlessly to ensure we got all the shots we wanted and then some. They were calm and professional as they somehow wrangled our huge wedding party and families together, and we couldn't be happier with how all of the photos came out. At this point, I trusted Sarah so much I said "sure!" when she suggested we hike up the hillside (wedding dress, heels and all) to get the aerial vineyard shots I was hoping for. And she did not disappoint!!

I cannot recommend Ryon:Lockhart enough for your wedding photos ... or engagement photos, family photos... any photos! They are the real deal and you will be so happy you did!

Sent on 06/05/2018

Taryn · Married on 10/08/2017

Could not have imagined our wedding day without Sarah + Tim! From the initial meeting at a local coffee spot to finally taking a look at all the photos, it was such a flawless and enjoyable experience.

From the get go, my husband and I wanted a photographer who we just clicked with and a team that made every shot feel organic and not forced; Sarah + Tim were the perfect match. We searched out of the recommended photographers list from our venue in CT and went with Sarah + Tim through the recommendation of a former colleague. I was incredibly thrilled to hear that they would be willing to travel for our wedding to a venue over 2 hours from their home. That is the type of dedication and passion they have for what they do.

They were incredibly fun to be around on our wedding day and made us feel very comfortable throughout the entire time. I personally loved that they could also play along and go with the flow, taking a few out of the box type photos and even joining in and being in a few photos themselves. The emotions and little touches they captured throughout the day were so special and something we will keep close to our hearts as we look back on this day.

Overall, I could not have imaged a better team to be around on our wedding day. Thank you Sarah + Tim - wish we could get married all over again so we can have you capture it once again!

xoxo