Ryon:Lockhart Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

Tatiana K. Married on 11/06/2021

Absolutely the Best!

I've worked with many vendors over the years and as a pro, I can confirm Tim & Sarah are some of the best professional photographers out there. They were insanely detailed, their responses were timely, and they were organized before and on the wedding day. Our full plan couple had them photograph their wedding a few months back in Brooklyn and they blew me away. Their detail shots, the family groupings...nothing went unphotographed! I recommend them to everyone getting married!
    Chelsea C. Married on 10/23/2021

The very best!!!

We were so lucky that our wedding planner suggested Sarah! This was one of the most important decisions we made for our wedding and we could not be happier we did. Having Sarah around on the wedding day felt like another friend at the party - she is kindest, most positive, and fun person to have around. We are not used to being photographed but Sarah made us feel at ease and laid back (which is our style) and we could not be happier with how the photos turned out. We would without question recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer and look forward to working with her in the future!!
  • Sarah
    Sarah S. Married on 09/18/2021

Best decision we made!

Working with Sarah was one of the highlights of our wedding planning process. Hands down our favorite vendor. From the moment we met, my husband, Ben, and I felt like we were just hanging out with one of our friends. She made us so comfortable during our engagement shoot that instead of something we thought we would just get out of the way has become such a happy memory for us and was actually a lot of fun. Fast forward to our wedding, from the moment Sarah arrived she handled the day with a sense of calmness. She balanced family dynamics extremely well and made me feel so comfortable throughout the day. She captured our day perfectly and there are too many beautiful photos that it is hard (even for my mom who is very picky) to pick a favorite.

Aside from being a very talented photographer, no task was too small for Sarah who always made sure I was hydrated, happy, and even helped me change into my after party dress. I was so sad when it was time for her to leave for the evening, but I know we will cross paths again as I hope to have her capture more important milestones as our family grows over the years.
    Geary R. Married on 08/02/2021

Incredible Experience and Photography!

Sarah was an absolute joy to work with!! Words cannot describe how perfect she made the photo-experience! She photographed my engagement/proposal and went above and beyond our expectations! Photographing a surprise proposal is not the easiest request. However, Sarah provided important experience and insight into how we would pull it off. A week before the proposal she even walked through the proposal/photoshoot with me in-person and on-site!! My Fiance and I have never had our pictures taken professionally, so we were a little awkward. Sarah made us feel very comfortable and was reassuring throughout the entire experience. In the end, the photos came out perfectly and will be an everlasting memory of an excellent experience! Seriously, cannot recommend enough!! HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND BOOK NOW!!

Thank you so much Sarah!!
  • Donnell
    Donnell G. Married on 07/03/2021

Could not be happier!

Sarah was an absolute joy to work with from beginning to end. Her authentic enthusiasm, sense of humor, collaborative attitude and professional expertise made the planning process fun and Sarah was extremely generous with her guidance when asked, even recommending other vendors who she trusted.

By the time we were on-site it felt like a friend was taking our photos, even though we were meeting IRL for the first time. Even though my husband and I usually hate having our photos taken, she made the pre-ceremony photoshoot fun for us and, most importantly, we are THRILLED with the final shots! She captured all of the beautiful and hilarious moments that made the wedding truly feel like “us.”
  • Z
    Zoey G. Married on 06/19/2021

Thank you!!!

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Sarah! Like so many couples who have left reviews, we are so grateful to have found Sarah to photograph our wedding - she is fun, kind, thoughtful, and incredibly talented. She made this process, from booking to engagement session to our wedding day so easy and joyful. On our wedding day, she arrived early and with so much excitement, it instantly made us at ease. You are with your photographer all day and honestly, having Sarah there was like hanging out with a friend (who happens to be amazing, thoughtful photographer).

I think Covid brings out the best or worst in people and truly I can say with Sarah, it showed just how amazing she is, not only as a vendor, but as a person. When weddings were getting cancelled left and right, it’s easy to put your needs first. But Sarah put us first - she was there was we needed to bounce ideas for new plans and entertained all of our new date proposals. This is just who she is - empathetic and nice, and aware that she’s with couples during an incredibly important moment. Thank you, Sarah!!!
  • Natalie
    Natalie B. Married on 06/18/2021

The Absolute Best

Our whole experience working with Sarah was so easy and wonderful and we couldn't have imagined how amazing our photos would come out. She captured exactly what we wanted - a mix of candid moments with beautiful portraits. We had wanted something super chic and romantic and a bit journalistic and that's exactly what we got. The mix of black and white and color is just so moody and romantic. She is an AMAZING value for her price. She was also so flexible to work with yet provided direction when we needed it during engagement photos.

Day of she was incredible. No stressing over timing or family shots or even the way in which we were positioned or moved. It made such an impact on setting the tone for the whole day. Her assistant also brought a separate camera and shot in film which we especially loved - they turned out unbelievably cool. She hadn't met our videographer until the day of and they were both so calm and casual and worked perfectly together. Do not underestimate the personal connection - you will be spending all day with your photographer and TBH we should have even booked more time!! We couldn't be more grateful.
  • Lauren
    Lauren C. Married on 06/13/2021

Your Easiest Decision! Book RyonLockhart!

Truly the easiest and most rewarding wedding planning decision we made! I wish we could give Ryon Lockhart 100 stars!

With over 60,000 photos on my personal phone, choosing a wedding photographer was always a daunting process, as I wanted to make sure the photographer not only captured what I would have but also understood us as a couple and was able to read the room!

Sarah from Ryon / Lockhart exceeded our expectations! We bonded during our pre-wedding shoot and spent the time understanding our relationship, the type of wedding we were having and what was important to us. The day was blissful as we knew Sarah was capturing the moments she knew meant so much to us and fit our personality. Her ability to capture the day and all it's details - formal and candid - allowed us to relive all the feelings and emotions we experienced then and will now be able to cherish forever.

Thank you Ryon / Lockhart.

We are so grateful for your ability to capture our special day.
    Caitlin F. Married on 05/06/2021

Amazing photographers and people!

Sarah & Tim are so talented! They are unbelievably professional, while also making the process fun and natural. We were so thrilled by all the photos we received for our engagement session as well as the wedding and would highly recommend them to anyone! We have received so many compliments on our photos!
  • Adrienne
    Adrienne G. Married on 09/27/2020

Incredible person and photographer!

We worked with Sara for our engagement photos and wedding. Sara was incredibly responsive, professional, kind, and went above and beyond to ensure our photos were spectacular. My mom and I even had a few requests for editing some of our wedding photos, and Sara went out of her way to ensure our photos were perfect. I hope to work with Sara again in the future for family sessions once we have a little one. I would recommend Sara to my friends, family, and any engaged couple.
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth C. Married on 09/12/2020

Sarah is the best!!!

2020 was not an ideal year to be an engaged person. As if wedding planning isn't already stressful enough, adding onto it a worldwide pandemic could cause any couple to lose it. We were referred to Sarah through a friend and I already knew I loved her style from her gallery- I wanted very much a light, crisp look but also someone who could incorporate the perfect sunset lighting and knew how to take modern/city pictures. After speaking with Sarah over the phone, it re-instilled my desire to have her on our big day. Once we realized a June 2020 wedding wasn't realistic, we postponed until September...but go figure COVID and we worked with Sarah through another postponement. While we decided to move our big reception until Sept of 2021, we decided to safely get married in Sept of 2020 with our closest friends and family. Sarah was absolutely understanding during this stressful time. Each time we had to postpone and work with the venue on a new date- we had to realign all the vendors once again and Sarah worked with us through it all- even giving us advice outside of photography. We hired Sarah for our "microwedding" and I cannot tell you how many people have told us the pictures were stunning quality. We did our first looks at Gramercy Park, got married at a church in Chelsea and then did our indoor/outdoor celebration at a country club out in Long Island. Sarah was a team of one on this day and it amazes me how she was able to get all those pictures, from all the different angles. There wasn't a person on our list that she didn't cross off and we are beyond happy with how the pictures came out this year and we can't wait to be working with her again next year on our big "vow renewal" reception day.
  • Megan
    Megan S. Married on 08/22/2020

The Best Photographer!

Sarah and Tim were amazing from the first email to long after our wedding. Sarah is honestly the kindest person and listened to and executed on all of our wishes. We faced some difficulty with our wedding because my husband and I were supposed to be married in April 2020. Sarah and Tim were so gracious and easy to work with during the re-scheduling process. On the day of our micro wedding, Sarah was a joy to be around and so prepared and professional! And most importantly, our pictures were AMAZING!! She captured all of the love and laughter of the day, we were blown away when we received our gallery. I highly recommend Sarah and Tim, we were so glad we were able to have them photograph our wedding and cannot wait to work with them in the future!
  • Julianne
    Julianne C. Married on 07/11/2020

Captured our intimate wedding perfectly - HIGHLY recommend!

We could not be more thankful for Sarah (of Ryon:Lockhart) and the memories that she captured of our intimate wedding this year. When we originally had to postpone our 200+ person July wedding, Sarah was incredibly understanding, and was flexible as we worked with our venue to find a new date in 2021; rescheduling her was likely the EASIEST part about having to postpone our wedding. Better yet, we reached out to Sarah about a month later because we decided to still get legally married on our original date, but in my parents backyard with only 14 guests. I knew Sarah would capture the day so perfectly, and we were ecstatic when she agreed to come shoot our small ceremony. She was so respectful (wore a mask the whole time!), so organized, and captured every moment (and more) than we could have ever imagined. We teared up when we received our images. Not to mention that she is so easy to talk to, so fun to be around, and makes you feel so comfortable (and not awkward!) in front of the camera because she focuses on capturing real, genuine/candid moments instead of all posed, highly filtered and forced images. We are forever thankful for her and we are so excited for her to capture our wedding #2 next year (whatever it ends up looking like!)
    Danielle B. Married on 06/11/2020

The Absolute Best!!

I can say with 100% certainty hiring Ryon: Lockhart was the best decision I made and I literally feel like the luckiest bride that I got to work with Sarah! My wedding pictures are absolute perfection! I knew when planning my wedding picking the wedding photographer was going to be one of the biggest and hardest decision I had to make. Your wedding photographer is with you for a lot of time on your Wedding Day so it’s really important to choose someone you feel comfortable around because that person becomes part of your support system on that day. From the moment, I had my first phone call with Sarah I knew I wanted to work with her, because she it was so easy to talk to and she is so down to earth. Not only were my Husband and I soo impressed with Sarah but both of our families couldn’t stop talking about how amazing she was. On another note, I am also a 2020 bride which means my original wedding plans had to change and I was so fortunate to be working with vendors and like Ryon: Lockhart that understood the tough decision I was having to make and were so flexible with me while I was trying to navigate postponing my original wedding while also trying to plan a micro wedding. Overall working with Sarah is such a pleasure and she is so talented, if you are lucky and she has your wedding date available you definitely don’t want to miss the opportunity to work with her!!!
  • Lauren
    Lauren B. Married on 05/30/2020

Sarah is amazing!!

Sarah was an absolute gem to work with for our wedding. We had to postpone our wedding twice and she was so helpful and flexible with the date and venue changes. On the day of the wedding she was so great to have around! She is very sweet and professional. When we received our wedding photos we were so thrilled with the results and looking at them brings me right back to the best day ever. I highly recommend Sarah!
    Lena B. Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing, prompt, professional, talented.

Sarah was amazing! We booked very last minute and thank goodness she was available! She knew exactly where to take the photos and they turned out so beautiful and natural! Highly highly recommend.
    Amanda Married on 07/20/2019

Best decision we made!

Hiring Ryon:Lockhart was truly one of the best decisions we made among the countless number of decisions that go into planning
    a wedding. Almost 6 months after our wedding, I still can't believe how unbelievably beautiful our photos came out. Sarah is not only incredibly talented but she is also such a pleasure to work with. My husband and I really don't like taking pictures and Sarah made us feel so comfortable and gave great guidance on how to pose so that we looked natural and like ourselves. We would highly recommend Ryon:Lockhart to anyone!
    Bree Married on 06/09/2019

You've found your photographer!

As a planner, I work with photographers at every single event, and often have a pleasant experience. But working with Sarah for the first time, I knew I had found a "gem", and a go-to photographer on my "team." She is everything you want in a photographer for your special day: cool, collective, real, relatable, flexible, fun and simply elevates the entire day with her positive energy and genuine personality. You spend the most amount of time with your photographer out of any other vendor on the day of, so you need to be able to be comfortable with your photographer. And I don't think you could be more at ease than with Sarah. She is also an advocate for you and your photos. Making sure you're having the best day while also getting your dream shots for life! Photography is one of the most important wedding investments because it is one of the few things that will help you capture the joy and last for a lifetime. You want to invest in yourself for your wedding, and for that, I can't recommend Sarah enough - you'll be over the moon. She is simply a wonderful human being!
  • Jaclyn
    Jaclyn Married on 04/12/2019

Love Love Love Ryon Lockhart!!

My husband and I could not have chosen a better photographer for our wedding day than Ryon Lockhart Photography. To say way LOVE every single photo is an understatement. We first met Sarah over a few margaritas and chatted about how my husband and I met. We felt like we knew her forever and it was a no brainer to have her photograph our wedding. We were lucky enough to have both Sarah and her husband Tim spend the day with us on our wedding day. Their energy was incredible and we could not have felt more relaxed! I don’t love taking pictures and when I take them, I feel a bit awkward. Sarah was magic and made me feel completely at ease and relaxed while taking pictures. She knew exactly what to say and how to loosen us up. Not only did she capture the posed pictures that we wanted in front of NYC locations that truly meant a lot to us in our relationship, but she captured organic moments of us with our friends and family that truly translate how much fun we were having and how much love was in the room. We were so so lucky to have Sarah and Tim at our wedding and the incredible pictures to go along with it. We hope to hire Ryon Lockhart for any photos needed in the future!! Lots of love to you guys!!
  • Natalie
    Natalie H. Married on 02/11/2019

Every single photo is amazing!

Sarah took photo of our civil ceremony in NYC and did an amazing job. I absolutely love every single photo she shared with us. She made us feel very natural and comfortable when posing. It felt like we had known each other for a while already. She also caught beautiful intimate moments and great detail shots that I really cherish. I would 100% work with her again.
    Melanie Married on 11/10/2018

Highly recommend!

Sarah and Tim were SUCH joys to work with! One of the most important things I realized about hiring wedding vendors was how important it was to choose people you trusted as good people and connected with because they are surrounding you and your family during some of the most important moments of your life. From the moment I spoke with Sarah on the phone, it was clear that her kindness and genuineness matched up with the absolutely gorgeous photos I had seen on her website. Throughout the entire process, Sarah was always willing to offer suggestions on timeline and flow of events; she patiently talked through the smallest of details and was really responsive to answering any questions that arose. On the day of, she was timely, professional and able to effortlessly direct family to efficiently get through photos so we could party. We were beyond thrilled with the final album she provided us- so many people have commented how she was able to capture so much joy and love from the day and we completely agree. We cannot recommend her enough!
    Jackie P. Married on 11/03/2018

The Best Bi-Coastal Photographers!

Sarah and Tim were a dream to work with! My husband and I got married in Yountville, CA but live in New York City. Our planner, Erin Vigil from Your Event by Erin, recommended them to us because they have experience in doing weddings on both coasts. We loved Sarah right off the bat, but because she and Tim are bi-coastal, we had the option to do our engagement shoot in New York so that we could get to know her before our wedding day. Sarah is very calm and collected and one of the nicest people you will meet, but when she needs to corral 15 family members together for a group photo, she has no trouble doing so. We loved our engagement photos, but were OBSESSED with our wedding photos. Sarah and Tim captured our aesthetic to perfection and we could not be happier with the finished product. Sarah even rushed a few family photos to me before the holidays so that I could give them to our parents as Christmas gifts!
    Meghan Married on 10/12/2018

Incredibly talented photographers & wonderful people!

We can not say enough wonderful things about Sarah & Tim! There were absolutely wonderful from start to finish and we can’t get over how perfectly they captured the day and all the love, joy and happiness we were embraced with!

We were fortunate enough to have spent time with Sarah and Tim at our best friend’s wedding the previous year, where they were both the photographers! Having the chance to meet them, see them capture the day and develop such stunning photographs was such a cool experience and had us even more excited to work with them for our own wedding.

Everything leading up to the event with Sarah was so organized, fun and not stressful in the slightest! She was incredibly helpful in assisting us organize our timeline and structure the day to ensure we were able to capture all the pictures we wanted!

When the day came around, Sarah and Tim were just so perfect! They were fun, sweet, professional, respectful and had the perfect ability to keep a flexible and carefree environment while also ensuring our very loud, excited and energetic group stayed relatively on course for the day :) Sarah and Tim were terrific and captured all the pictures we were hoping for (which was no easy feat with some of the big group pictures)!

When we received the pictures, we were overwhelmed with how stunning and beautiful they were. They perfectly captured the light, love, emotions and happiness of the day. We spent hours going through the pictures and LOVE every single one! The quality was spectacular and the light and airiness to them perfectly matched the Jersey shore / winery theme of our wedding!

We can’t say enough wonderful things about Ryon Lockhart photography and know anyone who is lucky enough to work with them will feel the same way!
    Amy Married on 10/07/2018

Highly Recommend Ryon/Lockhart

It was such a wonderful experience working with Sarah and Tim. From the first phone call, I got an immediate sense of what a genuine and kind person Sarah is and how seriously she approaches capturing such a special event. My husband and I are not very comfortable being in the spotlight, but she and Tim put us at ease.

Sarah was also so helpful in putting together a timeline. We wanted to get in most of our formal shots before the ceremony. It was a lot to get done and could’ve been stressful, but they made it fun and worked so well with our friends and family.

It’s been such a joy going through our photos. From the more formal ones to the action shots on the dance floor...they all came out so beautiful! Sarah and Tim clearly put so much thought and hard work into the photos...they truly reflect the happiness and love we felt that day. We’ll cherish the memories forever.
  • Alison
    Alison M. Married on 09/30/2018

Highly recommend!

Gorgeous wedding photos! Sarah and her husband do an amazing job of capturing the beauty of your wedding (scenery and people). We did our engagement photos in the city and our wedding at the beach and the photos are even better then I could have imagined. They can do any setup.
    They are also such a pleasure to work with and make it easy! You spend a lot of time with your photographers on your wedding day so make sure you have a good repour. Photos also aren't your average cheesy photos either. Even my husband who doesn't love taking photos was so happy with how they turned out. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!