Ryon:Lockhart Photography Reviews

55 | New York, NY

55 Reviews for Ryon:Lockhart Photography

55 Ryon:Lockhart Photography Reviews

Aish & Derrick · Married on 09/08/2018

We can’t say enough great things about Sarah and Tim! They were recommended by close friends (one is a photographer), so we trusted we were in good hands. But, we were blown away by our engagement pictures. We first met Sarah 8 months before our wedding for our engagement shoot in Central Park. She made us feel comfortable and confident in front of the camera, and made the day so fun! She gave us our pictures in record time, and every single one was exceptional (it was next to impossible to pick just one favorite for our Save the Dates)!

On the day of the wedding, Sarah and Tim were both so great. They are an amazing team, and went above and beyond to ensure that they captured every single detail of our wedding day. We had a fusion wedding, which meant that Sarah and Tim had to work all day with barely a break to capture Hindu and Western ceremonies and one reception all in one day. They worked tirelessly and always with a smile on their faces. They were funny, extremely supportive, organized, and so lovely to work with. Sarah even helped me change into my third outfit for the reception! We are so lucky to work with such talented photographers who felt like family from the very beginning!

Emily · Married on 06/09/2018

There are not enough good things we could say about Ryon:Lockhart Photography. We worked closely with Sarah from the very start and were impressed with her professionalism but also her casual and approachable vibe. She immediately understand the look we were going for with our photos and our laidback style and that's exactly what we received. On the day of our wedding, she showed up right on time and was just as pumped about our wedding as we were. The final images we received were amazing, literally exactly what we wanted. Sarah made us feel comfortable all day and was great at getting beautiful, natural and unstaged "posey" photos. Would definitely recommend Ryon:Lockhart for anyone in the market!

Ryon:Lockhart Photography 1
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 2
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 3

Keri · Married on 10/14/2017

We hired Ryon:Lockhart for our wedding here in Los Angeles last fall based on the recommendation of friends who had also hired them (and loved them), and I cannot say enough amazing things! Sarah was our main contact throughout the entire process, and she made the whole process a joy. Not only was she responsive and true to her deadlines, but she was so genuinely nice and accommodating throughout and instantly put me at ease during the stressful planning months.

Sarah had lots of great ideas for our engagement session, and we ended up choosing Venice Beach and the Venice Canals based on her advice. We were so glad we did! She has such an eye for color and light, and her easy going nature makes the whole thing FUN. We had such a blast taking photos with her and knew our wedding would be more of the same.

On our wedding day, Sarah and Tim were such a power team, working together seamlessly to ensure we got all the shots we wanted and then some. They were calm and professional as they somehow wrangled our huge wedding party and families together, and we couldn't be happier with how all of the photos came out. At this point, I trusted Sarah so much I said "sure!" when she suggested we hike up the hillside (wedding dress, heels and all) to get the aerial vineyard shots I was hoping for. And she did not disappoint!!

I cannot recommend Ryon:Lockhart enough for your wedding photos ... or engagement photos, family photos... any photos! They are the real deal and you will be so happy you did!

Ryon:Lockhart Photography 4
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 5
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 6
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 7
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 8

Taryn · Married on 10/08/2017

Could not have imagined our wedding day without Sarah + Tim! From the initial meeting at a local coffee spot to finally taking a look at all the photos, it was such a flawless and enjoyable experience.

From the get go, my husband and I wanted a photographer who we just clicked with and a team that made every shot feel organic and not forced; Sarah + Tim were the perfect match. We searched out of the recommended photographers list from our venue in CT and went with Sarah + Tim through the recommendation of a former colleague. I was incredibly thrilled to hear that they would be willing to travel for our wedding to a venue over 2 hours from their home. That is the type of dedication and passion they have for what they do.

They were incredibly fun to be around on our wedding day and made us feel very comfortable throughout the entire time. I personally loved that they could also play along and go with the flow, taking a few out of the box type photos and even joining in and being in a few photos themselves. The emotions and little touches they captured throughout the day were so special and something we will keep close to our hearts as we look back on this day.

Overall, I could not have imaged a better team to be around on our wedding day. Thank you Sarah + Tim - wish we could get married all over again so we can have you capture it once again!

xoxo
    Taryn + Jon

Ryon:Lockhart Photography 9
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 10
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 11
  • Z

Zahra · Married on 08/26/2017

Weddings are stressful, which is why it was such a joy to work with Sarah and Tim—the antidote to wedding stress. We talked to many different wedding photographers, but within minutes of meeting Sarah at a coffee shop we knew she was a pro who we wanted to capture our special day.

I really wanted to skip the “first look” shoot and have the ceremony be the first time I saw my bride in her wedding gown. Unfortunately, this meant that we had very little daylight to shoot photos after ceremony. Sarah and Tim handled my (I’m sure annoying!) request without breaking a sweat, keeping us moving at the right times without ever making us feel pressured or rushed.

Sarah and Tim kept the day running smoothly, but the proof is in the pudding, and I’m happy to report that their photographic eye matches their professionalism during the event. We were so happy with all of the special moments captured throughout the day. Their photos are beautifully composed and shot, without feeling forced, kitschy or overprocessed.

We highly recommend Ryon Lockhart for your wedding or other special event. Our wedding really would not have been the same without them.

Ryon:Lockhart Photography 12

Nicole · Married on 08/06/2017

Our experience working with Ryon:Lockhart Photography for our August 2017 wedding in NYC was amazing!!! From the very first meeting, we knew they would be the perfect photographers to help capture our special day. Not only was their photography style candid, detailed and very pretty, but their friendliness, sincerity and genuine passion for their work spoke volumes to us as well. They were very easy to talk to, extremely accommodating, and always made us feel very comfortable throughout the process, from start to finish. On the day of, Sarah and Tim continued to show their true professionalism. Not only were they early to set up, but their super reliable, calm, and happy demeanor put us at ease in front of the camera and helped make our tight timeline fun and non-stressful. They made it seem so effortless as they moved around the city with us, from location to location, and throughout the venue to capture EVERYTHING as well as a long “wish list” of shots from us (which they were so nice about!). Choosing the right photographer(s) was one of the most important decisions to make during our planning process, and we are so thankful that we found Ryon:Lockhart and had the chance to work with Sarah and Tim. They far exceeded our expectations every step of the way! Our final photos turned out to be artistic, extremely beautiful, high-quality, comprehensive, and perfectly captured the many precious, candid moments from our wedding, which we will cherish forever!

Brianne · Married on 06/10/2017

Sarah & Tim were an absolute dream to work with! We felt comfortable from the first time we met with them. They are so warm and genuine. I was nervous about our engagement photos and being awkward but they made the day so fun and light and the pictures turned out great. Above all, they were amazing on our wedding day. From seamlessly (an covertly) jumping in to fix my dress when my strap broke to making sure all the important photos were taken by the end of the night, they were incredible. My whole wedding party kept raving about how awesome they were to work with. Beyond just photography they had an uncanny ability to keep things calm, relaxed and happy even when were time crunched/there were little issues that came up. Their calm, cool, professional and positive composure set the tone for the day and alleviated some potentially stressful moments. We love our wedding photos so much. They captured so many wonderful moments and made us look gorgeous!! I recommend without hesitation!!

Erin · Married on 05/27/2017

My husband and I received a recommendation for Ryon Lockhart through our wedding planner, Kaci. Kaci had worked with them before and could recommend them highly enough for their relaxed demeanor, professionalism, and of course -- beautiful photography. When Patrick and I met Sarah over Skype, we knew we had found the photographers we wanted to work with. Sarah answered all of our questions, and proved to be chill and funny. Sarah had an additional photographer with her on our wedding day, and she was lovely as well. They both were lots of fun and did their best to capture Patrick and I at our best. When it was too sunny to do a family photo at our ceremony site, Sarah quickly adapted and moved my huge family across the property -- barely blinking an eye. Everyone was amazed at how beautiful our photos turned out but we weren't surprised at all! Thanks, Ryon Lockhart Photography, for doing great work and for capturing our special day so masterfully.

Annie · Married on 04/29/2017

I am in love with Sarah & Tim. Really the nicest people of all time. They shot our April 2017 wedding and we are so happy with our decision. As it's only about three weeks since our wedding, we don't have the pictures yet, but I have every confidence they've turned out beautifully. From the moment I met Sarah, I knew I wanted to hire her. She's extremely kind, easy going, and professional. She has a calming demeanor that's perfect in the frenzy of a wedding. Sarah and Tim also did our engagement photos and immediately put us at ease. We are not a couple who love taking pictures, but they were able to joke with us and make us forget we were doing it, and the icing on the cake was that we ended up loving the pictures. Also the packing the engagement photo drive was sent in was lovely. After the engagement session, Sarah would check in and if I had any questions she answered them promptly. She was always willing to help for whatever reason. As part of our wedding present, my sister-in-laws hired Sarah to shoot the rehearsal dinner and I was so happy to see here and so happy I'll get fantastic photos of that night too. On the day of the wedding, Sarah and Tim blended in but were there when we needed them and were again a calming and fun presence. Definitely one of the best decisions we made and I really recommend.

Britta · Married on 04/22/2017

We hired Sarah & Tim as our wedding photographers, and for our engagement shoot, after experiencing their work with our friends' wedding. We were in the process of selecting wedding vendors when our friends posted their photos and I had a "we need them!!" moment. Since then I've recommended them to all of our friends getting married. It's hard to pick the BEST part of working with them, but a few highlights include:
    1. They are amazing people and so easy to work with. It was a pleasure having them involved in our wedding. After our engagement shoot, we just kept saying that we can't wait to hang out with them again (aka at our wedding). Now we just miss them...
    2. Their work is incredible. They do an amazing job of capturing the moments as they happen. If you love natural light, hidden beauty, and those little candid moments-- these two are for you. I can't even tell you how many friends and family members have thanked us for the candid photos of them at our wedding. Not to mention all the beautiful pictures of us and our wedding party....
    3. If you have a dog you'd like involved-- these two are excellent. Our dog, Waffles, loved them and was excited to put on a show for them and the camera :)

TL;DR: Hire them, you won't regret it!

Ryon:Lockhart Photography 13
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 20
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 21
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 22

tara · Married on 03/18/2017

My (now) husband didn't initially understand the importance of meeting with potential photographers in person before hiring them. That all changed after our first consultation meeting with Sarah and Tim, the amazing duo behind Ryon:Lockhart Photography. Our intro meeting actually felt more like a double date with long time friends catching up after not seeing each other for a while. Needless to say, we were hooked and booked them immediately .

Working with Ryon:Lockhart was one of the easiest and best decision we made. In addition to being really responsive, professional, and taking beautiful photos, they made us feel extremely comfortable in front of the camera. Both our engagement and wedding photos captured the essence of our happiest days! I can't recommend enough!!

Janine · Married on 01/15/2017

Our experience with Sarah & Tim was flawless and enjoyable from start to finish! They were such a source of comfort and talent on our wedding day. They were super thorough beforehand, which allowed us to be totally relaxed during our photos! We shot our pictures outside, on a sunny 40 degree January day, in the West Village and they are incredible. Completely candid, natural and they captured every moment. Furthermore, every picture we requested, was taken. They did not miss one single combination of family members/friends. It was very obvious from our first meeting with S & T that they are true artists. They care about their work and genuinely want to document the best memories from your special event. Because it is their personal business, their level of care and concern for their clients is above and beyond. Sarah's work with natural light is impressive- it is for sure her speciality. Trust these two, enjoy your day and better yet- enjoy the results of their work! We can't wait to hire them again!

Ryon:Lockhart Photography 23
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 29
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 30
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 31
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 32

Tim and Sarah are the absolute best! We are beyond thankful for their talent and skills on our wedding day and engagement pictures. They definitely have a way of making you feel comfortable as well as beautiful and were able to capture the feelings and emotions of each moment and the overall feeling of the day, which quite honestly blew us away. We are not the best at taking pictures, but they were able to make us LOOK and FEEL the best we have ever felt. We love their style of photography and can't wait to show our pictures to our family and friends! They were professional, skilled and so easy going! I would highly recommend them!

Alexandra · Married on 09/03/2016

Sarah and Tim were such a pleasure to work with! We met them at a coffee shop in the UWS and we hit it off from there! Sarah is super sweet and very responsive if you have any questions! We did our engagement shoot walking around the Lower East Side of NYC and it was a great time getting to know them and it was good to practice before the wedding! We received the photos on personally engraved USB drive and a lovely thank you note! I was with one of my bridesmaids when Sarah posted the blog of our photos, and she saw one of the glowing pictures, and it brought tears to her eyes. The best part is that they are not your typical wedding photographers that watermark all your photos, they trust that you will tag them for any photos you use on social media! During our wedding they made sure we got our list of photos we requested and were very focused on staying with the bride and groom while also catching candid shots of the guests. Sarah and Tim are amazing photographers and we were super happy with how the entire day went!

Diana · Married on 09/02/2016

Let me just start by saying that having Sarah and Tim as photographers at our wedding was the best decision we made. Sarah is very easy to get along with and very professional. She is incredibly thoughtful and genuine, taking time to get to know us as a couple by speaking over the phone, via e-mails, and meeting in person prior to our wedding day. You should review the portfolio on their website - there you can see that Sarah specializes in candid photos, where you can feel the energy and happiness of the couples and their guests. As photographers, they are in no way obtrusive or obnoxious, never blocking anyone’s views or making anyone pose in unnatural ways. They are more like “flys on the wall”, snapping candids of you and your guests enjoying yourselves. On our wedding day, Sarah and Tim took beautiful pictures of our families and wedding party, but my favorite photos are of the reception. Fast forward to 2 months later when we received the link to the pictures... I could cry thinking about how beautiful they came out. I will seriously treasure them forever. Looking through them lets me relive our wedding over and over again. As the bride and groom you are so overwhelmed with trying to say hello to all of your guests, you unfortunately miss out on some of your own party. With these pictures, I no longer feel like I missed out. I am so incredibly happy with Sarah and Tim's work - they are the absolute BEST.

Andrew · Married on 08/28/2016

My husband Billy and I were fortunate enough to have Sarah and Tim photograph our wedding in Nashville this past August and we could not have been more delighted with the experience of working with them from start to finish. Their organization, attention to detail, and flexibility truly took any/all pressure off of us during our wedding planning and our wedding day. Sarah and Tim were very communicative through the entire process, which was incredibly helpful. They requested our input for a formal shot list (which turned out better than we'd ever imagined) and took countless incredible candids throughout the process of getting ready, the ceremony, cocktail hour, first dance, dinner, toasts, dancing ... everything. They are true professionals and did an amazing job of utilizing the different spaces within and around our wedding venue for different backdrops for our photos. Words cannot express how in love we are with every single photo they captured from our wedding. Our wedding day flew by and was over before we knew it, but Sarah and Tim found a way to capture every moment of it in the most beautiful way imaginable. Choosing Ryon:Lockhart to photograph our wedding was without a doubt the easiest and best decision we made for our wedding day. Sarah and Tim are such wonderful and kind people and absolutely remarkable photographers.

Gretchen · Married on 08/27/2016

LOOK NO FURTHER. Sarah and Tim rock. Talented, professional, personable and fun. We had the chance to work with them this past spring and summer between our engagement session and wedding day. I truly have nothing but great things to say about my experience and the PHOTOS!! They are insane. You will miss out if you don't work with these two - and for the value, nothing compares. Happy to give further details if you wish to contact me directly :)

• Kristina

Kristina · Married on 06/25/2016

LOVE Tim and Sarah! It will be hard to put into words just how much it meant to have them by our side on our big day! The photographs are beyond beautiful. The portraits, ceremony and reception pictures, and details they captured are all artistic and beautifully shot. More importantly, Sarah and Tim captured so many small candid moments that could have easily been missed - a kiss on the hand, a kiss on the cheek, or a big belly laugh. They captured these little flashes that really bring out our personalities, and the energy, love, and excitement of the day. Looking back at our pictures, it really takes me back and lets me re-experience those little moments! Beyond having some beautiful memories that I will always cherish, Sarah and Tim were just a joy to have with us all day. Sarah helped me throughout the day, talked me through a lot of my stress, made me laugh, and helped me relax! Their personalities really put us at ease. By getting us to relax, they got some really natural photographs that capture our personalities. Thank you Tim and Sarah!!

Genese · Married on 06/01/2016

Sarah is the best!! We live in NYC and upon finding Ryon Lockhart on Instagram when we were searching for a photographer for our engagement photos and after reaching out and talking to many photographers, we met her for coffee and felt like it was an old friend that we couldn’t wait to share this experience with! Our session was great and so comfortable but nothing compared to getting the photos back! They were stunning!! We immediately booked her for our wedding (which was in California)! By that time we were so comfortable and knew exactly what to expect and even then our wedding photos absolutely blew us away! One of my favorite moments of the day was sneaking away during cocktail hour just my husband and I and our photography team, it felt like such a fun hour with great friends vs just being with vendors hired for the day. Not only do we have the most beautiful pictures to last a lifetime, it’s a connection that we both look forward to continuing for any occasion that needs to be documented! Seriously, look no further, Ryon Lockhart Photography is THE BEST vendor decision you will make in the wedding planning process!

Ryon:Lockhart Photography 33
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 34
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 35
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 36

Alyssa · Married on 05/28/2016

From the moment we met Sarah and Tim (via Skype!) we knew they were the right photographers for us. We hit it off right away, from all the way across the country! They were in California at the time and my husband and I were in NY.

When we met them in person a few months later in person at our engagement photo session they were so laid back and made us feel at ease as they took hundreds of gorgeous photos.We could not get over our engagement pictures and how beautiful and flawless they turned out. It was such a fun afternoon with Sarah and Tim and it didn't feel posed or awkward at all.

As the months passed and our May 2016 wedding quickly approached, Sarah and I were in contact each week. She was quick to answer every email and put any wedding jitters at ease. Our wedding day was as hectic as everyone had warned us, but Sarah and Tim were there for every moment and every shot. From the thousands of photos to our gorgeous album, we could not be happier with how everything turned out. They were not only professional and talented, they were sweet and genuine. My husband I are blessed to have met them and hope to use them again in the future when we start a family. Sarah and Tim are simply the best!

Kira · Married on 04/02/2016

Sarah and Tim will first capture your imagination when you see their lovelier than life photos but then will capture your hearts when you actually meet them. They are the kindest of couples and such a team. Tim was unable to photograph our April 2016 wedding, but Sarah and her associate Billye were there at McCormick Home Ranch to capture some of the most beautiful photos I have ever seen. Because we were based in Japan, we first met Sarah and Tim over Skype, but Sarah made a point to meet up with us before the wedding day to get to know us. On the actual wedding day, her and Billye fit into our family so perfectly and managed to capture some of the most tender and intimate moments of our wedding day. They were both true professionals and now, when we look back at our wedding day, we know we have the most authentic and beautiful photos of our magical day. Their use of light, overall lovely energy, clear direction, professionalism, and skill shone throughout the day and later when our flash drive arrived and we had tons of pictures. This was one of the biggest investments we made on our wedding day and it was the most worthwhile as we will be enjoying these pictures for the rest of our lives.

There was something special from the first time I met Tim and Sarah. We talked for a few hours and the whole time they were very professional but also personable. By our second meeting, I felt like we've been friends for many years and for me, that was one of the important deciding factors. Since we were going to spend all day with our photographers on our wedding day, it was very important to me that we got along so that we would have natural chemistry rather than feeling forced.

My husband and I truly loved working with Tim and Sarah and highly recommend them to any couple or family who are looking for two very talented photographers and just all-around-good people. They are a great team and complement each other beautifully. Whenever Sarah was capturing the main shots of us, Tim was in the background taking the candid shots and was so attentive to all the little details. I remembered during our engagement session, he had to fix my ring multiple times because it kept shifting and wasn't centered. They're also very flexible, accommodating, and responsive. From me changing our engagement session from LA to SF to the weather not cooperating with us, they were quick on their feet and made the best of the environment. Prior to our wedding day, they were great about checking in and reviewing our timeline and shot list. They provided sound feedback based on their past experience.

My husband and I are so impressed and so happy with all of our photos. They were able to capture all the important moments and the essence of our relationship so effortlessly. Looking through the photos makes me smile every time. We're so grateful to have worked with them. Their talent and passion shine through in their work and we will treasure these photos for the years to come.

Ashley · Married on 10/16/2015

This review is long overdue. On top of being generally fantastic and kind people, Sarah and Tim delivered on every promise for our wedding photos.
    They were responsive. They were friendly. They were flexible when things were hectic and changes were made. And most importantly, they gave us countless heart-stopping images of our big day. They made it feel easy to be in front of the camera and the results were PHENOMENAL. The captured all the moments perfectly and we couldn't be any happier. I would recommend them to every single couple that is planning a wedding.

Hayley · Married on 08/14/2015

We were extremely selective when it came to our photographers, and are so glad that we didn’t settle on anyone before coming across Sarah and Tim of Ryon:Lockhart Photography. We fell in love with how natural all of their photos are. We first met Sarah and Tim over Skype and we instantly clicked- you seriously cannot meet a nicer couple. They made us feel so relaxed in front of the camera- something that we did not believe could happen! We did an engagement shoot around Brooklyn and even on a crowded New York Saturday evening, the photos were still intimate and beautiful. Sarah and Tim were an absolute godsend on the day of the wedding. From the moment they arrived they helped us feel relaxed and organized. They never felt intrusive, yet captured every single moment. They went above and beyond the duty of wedding photographers and became our wedding planners on the day, when issues arose at the venue. When we received our wedding photos I could not believe how exquisite they were. Everyone who was at our wedding has said that the photographs captured the day exactly as they remembered it. They were perfect- we can not express how happy we are with them. We would recommend Ryon:Lockhart Photography for any occasion- you will not find better!

Rebecca · Married on 07/25/2015

Sarah and Tim were the best wedding photographers a bride could have! Not only were they reliable and professional but they were also very personable and fun to have around. My (now) husband is not a big fan of getting his picture taken, but a few minutes into the shoot they made us so comfortable that we almost forgot we were being photographed. The pictures turned out not stiff but natural.

The finished product they sent us turned out beautiful! Sarah and Tim did a wonderful job of capturing the day. They took time to photograph all the little details that I loved about my wedding. The portraits were breathtaking. They really do have a magical eye and saw opportunities for photos that I would have walked right past. My favorite photos were all from the reception. I had so much fun looking through the photos. They took some great ones of my guests enjoying the day, captured moments that I didn't witness, and reminded me of some great moments I forgot about because of the blur of the day. After looking though the photos I felt like I was able to live the day all over again!