Ryon:Lockhart Photography Reviews

Ryon:Lockhart Photography 5
Ryon:Lockhart Photography 6
Ryon:Lockhart Photography 7

Geary Rummler · Getting married on 08/02/2021

Incredible Experience and Photography!

Sarah was an absolute joy to work with!! Words cannot describe how perfect she made the photo-experience! She photographed my engagement/proposal and went above and beyond our expectations! Photographing a surprise proposal is not the easiest request. However, Sarah provided important experience and insight into how we would pull it off. A week before the proposal she even walked through the proposal/photoshoot with me in-person and on-site!! My Fiance and I have never had our pictures taken professionally, so we were a little awkward. Sarah made us feel very comfortable and was reassuring throughout the entire experience. In the end, the photos came out perfectly and will be an everlasting memory of an excellent experience! Seriously, cannot recommend enough!! HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND BOOK NOW!!

Thank you so much Sarah!!

Sent on 04/17/2019

Melanie · Married on 11/10/2018

Highly recommend!

Sarah and Tim were SUCH joys to work with! One of the most important things I realized about hiring wedding vendors was how important it was to choose people you trusted as good people and connected with because they are surrounding you and your family during some of the most important moments of your life. From the moment I spoke with Sarah on the phone, it was clear that her kindness and genuineness matched up with the absolutely gorgeous photos I had seen on her website. Throughout the entire process, Sarah was always willing to offer suggestions on timeline and flow of events; she patiently talked through the smallest of details and was really responsive to answering any questions that arose. On the day of, she was timely, professional and able to effortlessly direct family to efficiently get through photos so we could party. We were beyond thrilled with the final album she provided us- so many people have commented how she was able to capture so much joy and love from the day and we completely agree. We cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 04/07/2019

Jackie Perry · Married on 11/03/2018

The Best Bi-Coastal Photographers!

Sarah and Tim were a dream to work with! My husband and I got married in Yountville, CA but live in New York City. Our planner, Erin Vigil from Your Event by Erin, recommended them to us because they have experience in doing weddings on both coasts. We loved Sarah right off the bat, but because she and Tim are bi-coastal, we had the option to do our engagement shoot in New York so that we could get to know her before our wedding day. Sarah is very calm and collected and one of the nicest people you will meet, but when she needs to corral 15 family members together for a group photo, she has no trouble doing so. We loved our engagement photos, but were OBSESSED with our wedding photos. Sarah and Tim captured our aesthetic to perfection and we could not be happier with the finished product. Sarah even rushed a few family photos to me before the holidays so that I could give them to our parents as Christmas gifts!

Sent on 02/19/2019

Meghan · Married on 10/12/2018

Incredibly talented photographers & wonderful people!

We can not say enough wonderful things about Sarah & Tim! There were absolutely wonderful from start to finish and we can’t get over how perfectly they captured the day and all the love, joy and happiness we were embraced with!

We were fortunate enough to have spent time with Sarah and Tim at our best friend’s wedding the previous year, where they were both the photographers! Having the chance to meet them, see them capture the day and develop such stunning photographs was such a cool experience and had us even more excited to work with them for our own wedding.

Everything leading up to the event with Sarah was so organized, fun and not stressful in the slightest! She was incredibly helpful in assisting us organize our timeline and structure the day to ensure we were able to capture all the pictures we wanted!

When the day came around, Sarah and Tim were just so perfect! They were fun, sweet, professional, respectful and had the perfect ability to keep a flexible and carefree environment while also ensuring our very loud, excited and energetic group stayed relatively on course for the day :) Sarah and Tim were terrific and captured all the pictures we were hoping for (which was no easy feat with some of the big group pictures)!

When we received the pictures, we were overwhelmed with how stunning and beautiful they were. They perfectly captured the light, love, emotions and happiness of the day. We spent hours going through the pictures and LOVE every single one! The quality was spectacular and the light and airiness to them perfectly matched the Jersey shore / winery theme of our wedding!

We can’t say enough wonderful things about Ryon Lockhart photography and know anyone who is lucky enough to work with them will feel the same way!

Sent on 01/26/2019

Amy · Married on 10/07/2018

Highly Recommend Ryon/Lockhart

It was such a wonderful experience working with Sarah and Tim. From the first phone call, I got an immediate sense of what a genuine and kind person Sarah is and how seriously she approaches capturing such a special event. My husband and I are not very comfortable being in the spotlight, but she and Tim put us at ease.

Sarah was also so helpful in putting together a timeline. We wanted to get in most of our formal shots before the ceremony. It was a lot to get done and could’ve been stressful, but they made it fun and worked so well with our friends and family.

It’s been such a joy going through our photos. From the more formal ones to the action shots on the dance floor...they all came out so beautiful! Sarah and Tim clearly put so much thought and hard work into the photos...they truly reflect the happiness and love we felt that day. We’ll cherish the memories forever.

Sent on 02/04/2019
  • Alison

Alison Miller · Married on 09/30/2018

Highly recommend!

Gorgeous wedding photos! Sarah and her husband do an amazing job of capturing the beauty of your wedding (scenery and people). We did our engagement photos in the city and our wedding at the beach and the photos are even better then I could have imagined. They can do any setup.
    They are also such a pleasure to work with and make it easy! You spend a lot of time with your photographers on your wedding day so make sure you have a good repour. Photos also aren't your average cheesy photos either. Even my husband who doesn't love taking photos was so happy with how they turned out. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Corinne · Married on 09/28/2018

Best Photographers Ever!!!

Sarah and Tim are simply AMAZING! After booking the venue, Sarah and Tim were the very first vendor we booked and it was the easiest decision we made. From our initial ‘meeting’ with Sarah on Skype to finally seeing all of our gorgeous photos, it was such a flawless and enjoyable experience. My husband and I wanted to make sure the photographer we chose was someone who could capture our day as organically as possible and Sarah and Tim did just that. Actually they did more than that— they someone captured every special moment (both big and small) all while making us look like professional models.
    Leading up to the wedding, Sarah was responsive and true to her deadlines, and her genuine kindness, compassion, understanding and laid back vibe instantly put us at ease during the stressful planning months.
    On the day of the wedding they were incredibly fun to be around and made us feel very comfortable— at times we would not even realize they were there! Sarah and Tim were such a power team, working together seamlessly to ensure we got all the shots we wanted and then some. Their laid back, fun vibe was a pleasure to be around all day and they somehow managed to wrangle our giant (sometimes rowdy) wedding party together to get some truly incredible photos. I personally loved how Sarah was open to taking more out-of-the-box photos— which turned out to be some of my favorites. She also captured the little quiet moments throughout the day that were so special to us and something we will keep close to our hearts forever.

Overall, I could not have imaged a better team to be with on our wedding day. Sarah and Tim are really more than photographers. We felt we were in safe hands throughout the entire process and when we finally met, it was like having two friends there with you. Their endless talent and professionalism shines through, allowing you to relax and have the best day of your lives.

Words cannot express how in love we are with every single photo they captured from our wedding. Choosing Sarah and Tim to photograph our wedding was without a doubt the easiest and best decision we made for our day. They are both such wonderful and kind people and absolutely remarkable photographers. Not only do we have the most beautiful pictures to last a lifetime, it’s a connection that we look forward to continue in the future.
    Xo,

Ryon:Lockhart Photography 13
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 14
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 15

Aish & Derrick · Married on 09/08/2018

We can’t say enough great things about Sarah and Tim! They were recommended by close friends (one is a photographer), so we trusted we were in good hands. But, we were blown away by our engagement pictures. We first met Sarah 8 months before our wedding for our engagement shoot in Central Park. She made us feel comfortable and confident in front of the camera, and made the day so fun! She gave us our pictures in record time, and every single one was exceptional (it was next to impossible to pick just one favorite for our Save the Dates)!

On the day of the wedding, Sarah and Tim were both so great. They are an amazing team, and went above and beyond to ensure that they captured every single detail of our wedding day. We had a fusion wedding, which meant that Sarah and Tim had to work all day with barely a break to capture Hindu and Western ceremonies and one reception all in one day. They worked tirelessly and always with a smile on their faces. They were funny, extremely supportive, organized, and so lovely to work with. Sarah even helped me change into my third outfit for the reception! We are so lucky to work with such talented photographers who felt like family from the very beginning!

Sent on 09/29/2018

Daina Paulin · Married on 07/21/2018

Gorgeous photos

We can not give enough praise to Ryon: Lockhart photography. From start to finish Sarah and Tim were extremely professional, helpful and pleasant. They find a perfect balance between casual and professional- and their photos are amazing! At the end of your day it’s your photographers that you see the most of on your wedding day and I was so pleased to have these two present to capture all of our special moments. We would highly recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 01/23/2019

Emily · Married on 06/09/2018

There are not enough good things we could say about Ryon:Lockhart Photography. We worked closely with Sarah from the very start and were impressed with her professionalism but also her casual and approachable vibe. She immediately understand the look we were going for with our photos and our laidback style and that's exactly what we received. On the day of our wedding, she showed up right on time and was just as pumped about our wedding as we were. The final images we received were amazing, literally exactly what we wanted. Sarah made us feel comfortable all day and was great at getting beautiful, natural and unstaged "posey" photos. Would definitely recommend Ryon:Lockhart for anyone in the market!

Sent on 10/06/2018
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 16
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 17
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 18

Helga Brauer · Married on 06/09/2018

So Thankful!!

I am so thankful that I hired Sarah for my wedding day. She not only made my husband feel comfortable in front of the camera, which has never happened before, but she kept me on a schedule and took charge when the family photos were making me and my husband fall behind. So that way I didn't have to be seen as a "demanding bride". When the photos came out, I was so emotional and felt like I was re-living every beautiful moment. Sarah captured things that in the chaos of it all, I had failed to notice. We will cherish our wedding pictures for the rest of our lives, and are so proud to one day be able to share those moments with our children and grandchildren. Thank you Sarah!

Sent on 03/29/2019

Keri · Married on 10/14/2017

We hired Ryon:Lockhart for our wedding here in Los Angeles last fall based on the recommendation of friends who had also hired them (and loved them), and I cannot say enough amazing things! Sarah was our main contact throughout the entire process, and she made the whole process a joy. Not only was she responsive and true to her deadlines, but she was so genuinely nice and accommodating throughout and instantly put me at ease during the stressful planning months.

Sarah had lots of great ideas for our engagement session, and we ended up choosing Venice Beach and the Venice Canals based on her advice. We were so glad we did! She has such an eye for color and light, and her easy going nature makes the whole thing FUN. We had such a blast taking photos with her and knew our wedding would be more of the same.

On our wedding day, Sarah and Tim were such a power team, working together seamlessly to ensure we got all the shots we wanted and then some. They were calm and professional as they somehow wrangled our huge wedding party and families together, and we couldn't be happier with how all of the photos came out. At this point, I trusted Sarah so much I said "sure!" when she suggested we hike up the hillside (wedding dress, heels and all) to get the aerial vineyard shots I was hoping for. And she did not disappoint!!

I cannot recommend Ryon:Lockhart enough for your wedding photos ... or engagement photos, family photos... any photos! They are the real deal and you will be so happy you did!

Sent on 06/05/2018
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 19
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 20
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 21
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 22
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 23

Taryn · Married on 10/08/2017

Could not have imagined our wedding day without Sarah + Tim! From the initial meeting at a local coffee spot to finally taking a look at all the photos, it was such a flawless and enjoyable experience.

From the get go, my husband and I wanted a photographer who we just clicked with and a team that made every shot feel organic and not forced; Sarah + Tim were the perfect match. We searched out of the recommended photographers list from our venue in CT and went with Sarah + Tim through the recommendation of a former colleague. I was incredibly thrilled to hear that they would be willing to travel for our wedding to a venue over 2 hours from their home. That is the type of dedication and passion they have for what they do.

They were incredibly fun to be around on our wedding day and made us feel very comfortable throughout the entire time. I personally loved that they could also play along and go with the flow, taking a few out of the box type photos and even joining in and being in a few photos themselves. The emotions and little touches they captured throughout the day were so special and something we will keep close to our hearts as we look back on this day.

Overall, I could not have imaged a better team to be around on our wedding day. Thank you Sarah + Tim - wish we could get married all over again so we can have you capture it once again!

xoxo
    Taryn + Jon

Sent on 02/25/2018
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 24
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 25
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 26
  • Z

Zahra · Married on 08/26/2017

Weddings are stressful, which is why it was such a joy to work with Sarah and Tim—the antidote to wedding stress. We talked to many different wedding photographers, but within minutes of meeting Sarah at a coffee shop we knew she was a pro who we wanted to capture our special day.

I really wanted to skip the “first look” shoot and have the ceremony be the first time I saw my bride in her wedding gown. Unfortunately, this meant that we had very little daylight to shoot photos after ceremony. Sarah and Tim handled my (I’m sure annoying!) request without breaking a sweat, keeping us moving at the right times without ever making us feel pressured or rushed.

Sarah and Tim kept the day running smoothly, but the proof is in the pudding, and I’m happy to report that their photographic eye matches their professionalism during the event. We were so happy with all of the special moments captured throughout the day. Their photos are beautifully composed and shot, without feeling forced, kitschy or overprocessed.

We highly recommend Ryon Lockhart for your wedding or other special event. Our wedding really would not have been the same without them.

Sent on 04/21/2018
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 27

Nicole · Married on 08/06/2017

Our experience working with Ryon:Lockhart Photography for our August 2017 wedding in NYC was amazing!!! From the very first meeting, we knew they would be the perfect photographers to help capture our special day. Not only was their photography style candid, detailed and very pretty, but their friendliness, sincerity and genuine passion for their work spoke volumes to us as well. They were very easy to talk to, extremely accommodating, and always made us feel very comfortable throughout the process, from start to finish. On the day of, Sarah and Tim continued to show their true professionalism. Not only were they early to set up, but their super reliable, calm, and happy demeanor put us at ease in front of the camera and helped make our tight timeline fun and non-stressful. They made it seem so effortless as they moved around the city with us, from location to location, and throughout the venue to capture EVERYTHING as well as a long “wish list” of shots from us (which they were so nice about!). Choosing the right photographer(s) was one of the most important decisions to make during our planning process, and we are so thankful that we found Ryon:Lockhart and had the chance to work with Sarah and Tim. They far exceeded our expectations every step of the way! Our final photos turned out to be artistic, extremely beautiful, high-quality, comprehensive, and perfectly captured the many precious, candid moments from our wedding, which we will cherish forever!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Brianne · Married on 06/10/2017

Sarah & Tim were an absolute dream to work with! We felt comfortable from the first time we met with them. They are so warm and genuine. I was nervous about our engagement photos and being awkward but they made the day so fun and light and the pictures turned out great. Above all, they were amazing on our wedding day. From seamlessly (an covertly) jumping in to fix my dress when my strap broke to making sure all the important photos were taken by the end of the night, they were incredible. My whole wedding party kept raving about how awesome they were to work with. Beyond just photography they had an uncanny ability to keep things calm, relaxed and happy even when were time crunched/there were little issues that came up. Their calm, cool, professional and positive composure set the tone for the day and alleviated some potentially stressful moments. We love our wedding photos so much. They captured so many wonderful moments and made us look gorgeous!! I recommend without hesitation!!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Erin · Married on 05/27/2017

My husband and I received a recommendation for Ryon Lockhart through our wedding planner, Kaci. Kaci had worked with them before and could recommend them highly enough for their relaxed demeanor, professionalism, and of course -- beautiful photography. When Patrick and I met Sarah over Skype, we knew we had found the photographers we wanted to work with. Sarah answered all of our questions, and proved to be chill and funny. Sarah had an additional photographer with her on our wedding day, and she was lovely as well. They both were lots of fun and did their best to capture Patrick and I at our best. When it was too sunny to do a family photo at our ceremony site, Sarah quickly adapted and moved my huge family across the property -- barely blinking an eye. Everyone was amazed at how beautiful our photos turned out but we weren't surprised at all! Thanks, Ryon Lockhart Photography, for doing great work and for capturing our special day so masterfully.

Sent on 10/27/2017

Annie · Married on 04/29/2017

I am in love with Sarah & Tim. Really the nicest people of all time. They shot our April 2017 wedding and we are so happy with our decision. As it's only about three weeks since our wedding, we don't have the pictures yet, but I have every confidence they've turned out beautifully. From the moment I met Sarah, I knew I wanted to hire her. She's extremely kind, easy going, and professional. She has a calming demeanor that's perfect in the frenzy of a wedding. Sarah and Tim also did our engagement photos and immediately put us at ease. We are not a couple who love taking pictures, but they were able to joke with us and make us forget we were doing it, and the icing on the cake was that we ended up loving the pictures. Also the packing the engagement photo drive was sent in was lovely. After the engagement session, Sarah would check in and if I had any questions she answered them promptly. She was always willing to help for whatever reason. As part of our wedding present, my sister-in-laws hired Sarah to shoot the rehearsal dinner and I was so happy to see here and so happy I'll get fantastic photos of that night too. On the day of the wedding, Sarah and Tim blended in but were there when we needed them and were again a calming and fun presence. Definitely one of the best decisions we made and I really recommend.

Sent on 05/24/2017

Britta · Married on 04/22/2017

We hired Sarah & Tim as our wedding photographers, and for our engagement shoot, after experiencing their work with our friends' wedding. We were in the process of selecting wedding vendors when our friends posted their photos and I had a "we need them!!" moment. Since then I've recommended them to all of our friends getting married. It's hard to pick the BEST part of working with them, but a few highlights include:
    1. They are amazing people and so easy to work with. It was a pleasure having them involved in our wedding. After our engagement shoot, we just kept saying that we can't wait to hang out with them again (aka at our wedding). Now we just miss them...
    2. Their work is incredible. They do an amazing job of capturing the moments as they happen. If you love natural light, hidden beauty, and those little candid moments-- these two are for you. I can't even tell you how many friends and family members have thanked us for the candid photos of them at our wedding. Not to mention all the beautiful pictures of us and our wedding party....
    3. If you have a dog you'd like involved-- these two are excellent. Our dog, Waffles, loved them and was excited to put on a show for them and the camera :)

TL;DR: Hire them, you won't regret it!

Sent on 10/20/2017
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 35
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 36
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 37

tara · Married on 03/18/2017

My (now) husband didn't initially understand the importance of meeting with potential photographers in person before hiring them. That all changed after our first consultation meeting with Sarah and Tim, the amazing duo behind Ryon:Lockhart Photography. Our intro meeting actually felt more like a double date with long time friends catching up after not seeing each other for a while. Needless to say, we were hooked and booked them immediately .

Working with Ryon:Lockhart was one of the easiest and best decision we made. In addition to being really responsive, professional, and taking beautiful photos, they made us feel extremely comfortable in front of the camera. Both our engagement and wedding photos captured the essence of our happiest days! I can't recommend enough!!

Sent on 10/20/2017

Janine · Married on 01/15/2017

Our experience with Sarah & Tim was flawless and enjoyable from start to finish! They were such a source of comfort and talent on our wedding day. They were super thorough beforehand, which allowed us to be totally relaxed during our photos! We shot our pictures outside, on a sunny 40 degree January day, in the West Village and they are incredible. Completely candid, natural and they captured every moment. Furthermore, every picture we requested, was taken. They did not miss one single combination of family members/friends. It was very obvious from our first meeting with S & T that they are true artists. They care about their work and genuinely want to document the best memories from your special event. Because it is their personal business, their level of care and concern for their clients is above and beyond. Sarah's work with natural light is impressive- it is for sure her speciality. Trust these two, enjoy your day and better yet- enjoy the results of their work! We can't wait to hire them again!

Sent on 10/21/2017
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 44
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 45
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 46
    Ryon:Lockhart Photography 47

Tim and Sarah are the absolute best! We are beyond thankful for their talent and skills on our wedding day and engagement pictures. They definitely have a way of making you feel comfortable as well as beautiful and were able to capture the feelings and emotions of each moment and the overall feeling of the day, which quite honestly blew us away. We are not the best at taking pictures, but they were able to make us LOOK and FEEL the best we have ever felt. We love their style of photography and can't wait to show our pictures to our family and friends! They were professional, skilled and so easy going! I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/31/2016

Alexandra · Married on 09/03/2016

Sarah and Tim were such a pleasure to work with! We met them at a coffee shop in the UWS and we hit it off from there! Sarah is super sweet and very responsive if you have any questions! We did our engagement shoot walking around the Lower East Side of NYC and it was a great time getting to know them and it was good to practice before the wedding! We received the photos on personally engraved USB drive and a lovely thank you note! I was with one of my bridesmaids when Sarah posted the blog of our photos, and she saw one of the glowing pictures, and it brought tears to her eyes. The best part is that they are not your typical wedding photographers that watermark all your photos, they trust that you will tag them for any photos you use on social media! During our wedding they made sure we got our list of photos we requested and were very focused on staying with the bride and groom while also catching candid shots of the guests. Sarah and Tim are amazing photographers and we were super happy with how the entire day went!

Sent on 11/06/2016

Diana · Married on 09/02/2016

Let me just start by saying that having Sarah and Tim as photographers at our wedding was the best decision we made. Sarah is very easy to get along with and very professional. She is incredibly thoughtful and genuine, taking time to get to know us as a couple by speaking over the phone, via e-mails, and meeting in person prior to our wedding day. You should review the portfolio on their website - there you can see that Sarah specializes in candid photos, where you can feel the energy and happiness of the couples and their guests. As photographers, they are in no way obtrusive or obnoxious, never blocking anyone’s views or making anyone pose in unnatural ways. They are more like “flys on the wall”, snapping candids of you and your guests enjoying yourselves. On our wedding day, Sarah and Tim took beautiful pictures of our families and wedding party, but my favorite photos are of the reception. Fast forward to 2 months later when we received the link to the pictures... I could cry thinking about how beautiful they came out. I will seriously treasure them forever. Looking through them lets me relive our wedding over and over again. As the bride and groom you are so overwhelmed with trying to say hello to all of your guests, you unfortunately miss out on some of your own party. With these pictures, I no longer feel like I missed out. I am so incredibly happy with Sarah and Tim's work - they are the absolute BEST.

Sent on 03/17/2017

Andrew · Married on 08/28/2016

My husband Billy and I were fortunate enough to have Sarah and Tim photograph our wedding in Nashville this past August and we could not have been more delighted with the experience of working with them from start to finish. Their organization, attention to detail, and flexibility truly took any/all pressure off of us during our wedding planning and our wedding day. Sarah and Tim were very communicative through the entire process, which was incredibly helpful. They requested our input for a formal shot list (which turned out better than we'd ever imagined) and took countless incredible candids throughout the process of getting ready, the ceremony, cocktail hour, first dance, dinner, toasts, dancing ... everything. They are true professionals and did an amazing job of utilizing the different spaces within and around our wedding venue for different backdrops for our photos. Words cannot express how in love we are with every single photo they captured from our wedding. Our wedding day flew by and was over before we knew it, but Sarah and Tim found a way to capture every moment of it in the most beautiful way imaginable. Choosing Ryon:Lockhart to photograph our wedding was without a doubt the easiest and best decision we made for our wedding day. Sarah and Tim are such wonderful and kind people and absolutely remarkable photographers.

Sent on 01/28/2017