Ryke's Bakery . Catering . Cafe Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

249 Ryke's Bakery . Catering . Cafe Reviews

Colleen Buckley · Married on 10/06/2018

Beautiful and Delicious

Ryke's just never disappoints. Our daughter opted for a smaller cutting cake, and then a "kitchen" or sheet cake to be served. As an artist, she had a very specific look in mind, and Ryke's did a beautiful job. Set up and serving were done professionally, and there were even leftovers to bring home!

Sent on 10/16/2018
    Ryke's Bakery . Catering . Cafe 6

Ryke's Bakery . Catering . Cafe's reply:

Thank you, Colleen, for sharing your experience and your excitement with us! Kathleen had a vision and it was our absolute pleasure to bring it to life for her. It was so wonderful to join your family in celebrating. Best wishes to the new couple and to your whole family!

Erin · Married on 07/27/2018

Everything about our experience with Ryke's was fantastic, especially since we were planning our wedding from another country! They worked with us, through email and allowed us to send relatives to do the tasting, and were able to make our cakes exactly the way we wanted them. Not to mention, they tasted absolutely like heaven. We received many complements regarding how delicious they were. The highlight was the our special request for a groom's cake shaped like a giant curling stone and they delivered (pun intended)! It looked so real that our curling friends grabbed it for a photobooth shot next to their curling broom!

• Sam

Sam · Married on 06/09/2018

Ryke's is DELICIOUS, affordable, and makes some beautiful cakes. Brianna is super patient and helps you through the whole process. She is excellent about asking you about your budget and style and then laying out all your options. They were so easy to work with and our cake turned out beautifully. My husband doesn't even really like sweets and he ate every bite of his cake!

Sent on 06/20/2018
    Ryke's Bakery . Catering . Cafe 7

Ryke's Bakery . Catering . Cafe's reply:

Sam, thank you so much for inviting us into your special day. We are so thrilled that you loved every single bite of your wedding cake. We hope it created beautiful memories that you will cherish for years to come. Congratulations and enjoy the ride!

Victoria · Married on 05/19/2018

Awesome to work with. Beautiful and very tasty!!!

Lindsay · Married on 05/12/2018

We ordered cookies and a cookie cake for our wedding and they were AWESOME! Our guests raved about them all night - especially the peanut butter ones! Rykes was very helpful when we were deciding what to order and how much. We loved it all! Thanks Rykes!!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Ryke's Bakery . Catering . Cafe's reply:

Lindsay, you are so welcome! We are so glad that both you and your guests loved everything so much. Congratulations, and enjoy this new adventure!

Minna · Married on 04/28/2018

Our cake was amazing! It was just as we had planned! We also had cupcakes and all of the guests enjoyed them. We had no complaints about any of the desserts. We would recommend Ryke's to anyone in need of wedding cake or cupcakes!

Sent on 05/03/2018

Ryke's Bakery . Catering . Cafe's reply:

Minna, thank you so much for your kind words! It was wonderful to get to be part of your special day, and we are so glad your guests loved your desserts! Congratulations again!

Jenna · Married on 04/28/2018

My cake turned out amazing for my wedding! It was everything i hoped for. And it tasted amazing. Thanks again rykes!!!

Sent on 05/12/2018

Ryke's Bakery . Catering . Cafe's reply:

Jenna, you are so welcome! Thank you for bringing us into your special day! We hope the entire day was beyond your wildest dreams. Best wishes from all of us here at Ryke's!

Amanda · Married on 11/11/2017

This was the most professional bakery I went to, which was why we booked them! They had samples of the different types of cake and filling for us to try and offered suggestions without ignoring what we wanted. The cake was of course delicious! I had guests who said they didn't like cake asking me who I had used at the end of the night!! I would highly recommend Ryke's!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Ryke's Bakery . Catering . Cafe's reply:

Thank you so much, Amanda, for your review! We loved working with you, and had such a blast creating the perfect cake for your wedding! Congratulations, and best wishes!

Chelsey · Married on 10/14/2017

I wen with their wedding cake specialist Breanna and she was amazing! My cake was extactly what I wanted. Ryke’s is known for having the best cakes and desserts so I knew I was going with them from day one!

Mary · Married on 09/22/2017

I used Ryke's bakery for my wedding that took place at the Holiday Inn- Spring Lake back in September. Ryke's bakery has outstanding staff, services, and the best cupcakes/cake ever. The icing is to die for! I would recommend them for any special event or just to stop in and treat yourself to a delicious sample of heaven! A special Thank you to Breanna who took the time to make my special day even more special. Also, a BIG thank you to all the Ryke's staff! I'll be back..soon ;)

Sent on 11/02/2017

Ryke's Bakery . Catering . Cafe's reply:

Mary, you were so wonderful to work with and Ryke's was truly honored to be part of your day. Thank you for inviting us into your celebration, and we hope you are enjoying your first few months of marriage!!! Can't wait to see you again soon!
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/09/2017

We had such an amazing experience with Ryke’s for our weddibg, butwe always have. They gave us our dream cake that was personalized how we wanted with all the details that we discussed. I actually stop there on my way home from work on bad days to grab a slice of cake to go! Yes! It’s that good!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Ryke's Bakery . Catering . Cafe's reply:

Thank you for your review, Sarah! Glad we could make your wedding day everything you wished for, and glad to be able to cheer you up on a rainy day. Best wishes!!!

Paula · Married on 08/19/2017

For anyone getting married, having a birthday, or just in need of an amazing cake, please do yourself a favor and go to Ryke's. Everyone there is so nice to work with and ordering my wedding cake from them could not have been easier. Also please consider going in for lunch or just some of their sweets like their amazing donuts and cookies. The frosting alone will make you hate all other cakes by comparison.

Jennifer · Married on 08/19/2017

Ryke's so easy to work with, they were accessible by email, phone or in person. Ordering the cakes was simple and they turned out beautifully. Also delicious, people are still talking about the pistachio cake and its been months! I also arranged for donuts for our late night snack and Rykes matched the sprinkles to our colors. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 10/20/2017
    Ryke's Bakery . Catering . Cafe 8

Ryke's Bakery . Catering . Cafe's reply:

Thank you so much, Jennifer, not only for taking the time to review our services, but also for being such an amazing bride to work with! It was our pleasure to help you celebrate your wedding day, and we hope it was even better than you imagined!
  • Teresa

Teresa · Married on 08/05/2017

Ryke's has an amazing reputation for a reason. Choosing them was a no-brainer and we were not disappointed. We decided to go with cupcakes and they were a huge hit with our guests! My tip, get one of each flavor if you do this and hide them for a late night snack once you're at your destination for the night... otherwise you may not get a chance to indulge in them!

Samantha · Married on 07/21/2017

No other bakery even comes close. He staff was a dream to work with and created the perfect wedding cake for my special day. As a bride I had piece of mind working with them and knew that everything would be fabulous, and it was. Thanks Rykes bakery!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Ryke's Bakery . Catering . Cafe's reply:

Thanks for inviting us to be part of your special day, Samantha! We were honored to celebrate with you. Best wishes as you start your new adventure!

Taylor · Married on 06/17/2017

Ryke's did an amazing job on my wedding cake and cupcakes. It was everything I wanted and more. Very easy to work with and pricing is very fair. They delivered and had everything set up and ready to go for our big day. I would highly recommend them to anyone wanting a beautiful and tasty dessert for their special event.

Andrea · Married on 06/17/2017

Breanna really helped me envision my perfect wedding cake!

Emily · Married on 06/10/2017

Ryke's Bakery was the absolute perfect vendor. I had a complimentary tasting before ordering and it felt so personal and professional. Ryke's was flexible and open to my ideas and totally able to pull off everything I suggested. In the end, they communicated with my reception venue on their own and took care of setup. It was so easy! My guests are still talking about how amazing the cake and cupcakes looked and I'm still dreaming about how great they tasted!

Hayley · Married on 05/20/2017

Rykes made our wedding cake for our wedding on 05/20/2017, it was not only beautiful but delicious too! Breanna was great to work with throughout the entire process and she had great suggestions. I would highly recommend them to any bride! : )

Hannah · Married on 11/19/2016

My family has used Ryke's for every cake for every holiday and event my whole life! I knew when I got engaged that we had to have Ryke's for the wedding! They were awesome to work with, we got a great product at a great value! The cake was exactly as I had envisioned, and that buttercream frosting never disappoints! Plus, we transported the cake and cupcakes three hours in a car to the wedding venue, and they still turned out great! My guests loved it!

Joanna · Married on 10/22/2016

Ryke's was a phenomenal vendor to work with. For our wedding, we chose to go with cupcakes and a wedding cake. I sent a picture of what I was thinking for the cake and they made it top notch - they didn't have to place my flowers but did, and they did a marvelous job! The cupcakes were a hit - from the flavors, to the price. I can't way enough about this amazing company!

Tillie · Married on 07/10/2016

My wedding cake from Ryke's was out of this world!!!! They provided a fun tasting for my now husband, bridesmaid, and aunt. The cake was delivered hassle free, we rented a lovely cake stand, and they provided a cake cutting guide.
    Ryke's cakes are THE BEST!

Maria · Married on 09/26/2015

I am not big on writing reviews but our food, cake and cupcakes from Ryke's Bakery, Catering and Cafe team was so delicious I had to share. The food was outstanding and the two people setting everything up were very professional, they treated our guests like they were their own. The cake and cupcakes were amazing, my only regret is I wish I had ordered more, there were none left over, not even a crumb! Our guests are still complimenting us on the food. If you want great food and wonderful service from start to finish the Ryke team is way to go! Thank you!!

anna · Married on 09/12/2015

What can I say about Ryke's that hasn't been said before? Their cakes are beautiful and delicious. Initially I was not even certain that I was going to have a cake but my mother surprised me with not only a wedding cake but a groom's cake too! The groom's cake was camping themed and you could tell that they really put a lot of detail into it. Everyone from West Michigan knows that a Ryke's cake just can't be beat!