Ryan O'Dowd Photography Reviews

Ryan O'Dowd Photography 7
  • Katy

Katy · Married on 03/14/2019

Great Experience

From the moment I reached out to Ryan, he was invested not just in our wedding but our story. The photographer was the most important vendor to me and I spent months searching for the right one. Ryan calmed my nerves about choosing wrong with his quick replies and willingness to work with any situation. He shot my bridals and our wedding and I can’t say enough positive things! Ryan and his wife are experts at stepping up and giving direction when needed but also sitting back and capturing the moment. He worked with the weather for our windy March wedding and got along so well with everyone that was a part of the day. He even lended my husband his tie clip!
    Ryan (and Laura) far exceeded my expectations during the wedding planning process and the actual day. We couldn’t have asked for better photographers!

Sent on 09/12/2019

Neta Ruiloba · Married on 01/20/2019

Neta & Joseph

We loved working with Ryan and Laura for our Engagement, Bridal, and Wedding Photos. They made the photoshoot very fun and laidback which we really appreciated. They rally captured all the emotions on the Wedding Day and really helped keep me calm throughout the whole process. We could not be happier with how the pictures came out. I really appreciated how between each of the 3 shoots Ryan would sit down with me and go through the photos so we could identify what I like best to incorporate more of that into the next shoot. We are so happy Ryan and Laura were part of our big day and would definitely go back to work with them for future occasions.

Sent on 03/23/2019
    Ryan O'Dowd Photography 12
    Ryan O'Dowd Photography 13

Caroline · Married on 09/15/2018

Caroline and Josh

My husband and I loved working with Ryan and Laura. Ryan photographed my sister's wedding and after searching around we decided we wanted him to photograph our wedding as well! We were impressed with the combined experience of Ryan and Laura and the quality of their work. Ryan made the planning process easy and we had absolutely no complaints.

Sent on 01/04/2019

Ashley · Married on 08/04/2018

Ryan and his wife were everything we needed on our wedding day. Everything from capturing my husbands pictures, even though he didn’t have a grooms room, to capturing the best moments of the entire night! I still cherish the engagement photos Ryan captured. And I still get complimented on my AMAZING bridal portraits that he did. Ryan knew the best locations and angles during my bridal session, and I couldn’t be happier. I can’t compliment this husband and wife team enough. I will always recommend them! And to top it all off, they are so sweet and enjoyable to be around!

Sent on 09/05/2018

Dan · Married on 05/27/2018

Ryan did an amazing job at our wedding!!! He truly captured the emotions of the day without ever being in the way of anything! He nailed the family pictures and the candids from the reception were wonderful. We got out pictures back right on time and couldn't have been more pleased!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Bonnie · Married on 03/16/2018

Absolutely loved working with Ryan and Laura. They were easy to make contact with and made sure they knew everything we wanted out of our pictures for our wedding. Ryan really got to know our families and story to make all the shots perfect. From the beginning of the day to the end of the night they were always there to get the perfect shots. I would recommend them for anyone looking for an amazing photographer.

Sent on 04/16/2018
    Ryan O'Dowd Photography 14
    Ryan O'Dowd Photography 15
    Ryan O'Dowd Photography 16
  • KCJV

Kelsey · Married on 02/17/2018

The first time I saw Ryan O'Dowd's work, I knew I wanted him to shoot my wedding. I love how well he's able to capture real and candid moments, and he nailed that with our wedding photos! On top of being incredibly talented, Ryan is organized, professional, and one of the most down to earth people you will meet. He and his wife, Laura, were such a joy to work with. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 04/09/2018

Margaret · Married on 01/20/2018

Perfect choice for our daughter’s wedding

Ryan made all of us feel very comfortable from our first meeting. He was flexible and excited to provide amazing memories for our daughter’s wedding. Ryan made sure the bridal photos were taken at the right time of day, was creative with the shots, worked well coordinating with all the other vendors at the wedding and reception and made sure to capture all the photos we requested. Additionally, he got amazing candid shots and we never felt like he was in the way. The wedding album is gorgeous and all of the photos are beautiful. Photography was one of our biggest priorities when wedding planning and we interviewed many different professionals before selecting Ryan. We could not have been happier with our choice.

Sent on 01/03/2019
  • Ally

Ally · Married on 12/08/2017

Wedding Photographer

I can’t say enough how grateful we were to have Ryan as our wedding photographer!! He took our engagement photos and wedding photos, and we were never disappointed. Him and his wife are both amazing and we are so happy with all of our photos. I couldn’t have asked for a better photographer on our big day!

Sent on 01/02/2019
    Ryan O'Dowd Photography 17
    Ryan O'Dowd Photography 18
    Ryan O'Dowd Photography 19

Kate · Married on 11/19/2017

My best advice is to find someone you want to hang out with all day on your wedding day. Ryan and Hannah met us before we made any decisions, spent time getting to know us and made us feel comfortable during our engagement and wedding photos. For those of us who aren't natural models, finding someone you feel comfortable with is key, it will make taking photos much more natural and fun! I would highly recommend working with Ryan O'Dowd Photography. We loved our pictures and received a lot of compliments.

Sent on 01/17/2017

Morgan · Married on 10/07/2017

We had the true honor of having Ryan and Laura shoot our engagement photos and photograph our destination wedding in San Francisco. We met Ryan and Laura at a local Bridal Show in Dallas where we also reside. After a second meeting to learn more about their services and discuss our wedding, we knew they were the ones to photograph our Engagement and our special day. So much so that we asked them to travel both to Waco, Texas for our Engagement Photos and to San Francisco for the Wedding. We did this not for any other purpose than that these two individuals treated us like family from the start and thus, we knew they would treat all our wedding guests the same. We truly enjoyed them as people. They were flexible with their ability to travel and even made it a point to arrive early and scout out our venue to craft a plan for the wedding rather than just showing up the day-of. My husband and I really just can't say enough about Ryan O'Dowd Photography. If you are looking for true partners and even better PEOPLE, at their core, Ryan and Laura are the ones for you. Our entire wedding party loved working with them and the icing on the cake is the actual photos. We appreciated all the detail that were captured without us even knowing it. Ryan and Laura gave us tremendous memories through photos and friendship. You just can't make a better choice for your event. Thank you, Ryan O'Dowd Photography!

Sent on 06/07/2018
    Ryan O'Dowd Photography 20

Leah · Married on 09/22/2017

Ryan did an amazing job capturing our big day! We couldn’t have picked a better photographer. He worked around our schedules and took pictures that we will cherish for the rest of our lives. He and his wife are so sweet and were such a pleasure to work with. Oh and they have a photo booth with props!! Big hit at our wedding. I highly recommend! :D

Sent on 03/28/2018

Ariela · Married on 09/06/2017

Wouldn’t have trusted my wedding pictures to anyone else! Ryan knows his business backwards and forwards and will give you the best quality service you could possible find!

Sent on 03/28/2018

Melissa · Married on 11/18/2016

Ryan is amazing!! No words can even fathom how thankful we are for him! He is so talented at capturing stories not just moments. He was so much fun to work with too! Our wedding was everything i could've wished for plus more and Ryan helped capture all of the important moments. He fit in just like family with our wedding guests/party. Thanks so much Ryan it was a blast having you there.

Sent on 01/19/2017

Angela · Married on 10/16/2016

Ryan is an amazing photographer. More than that he is truly a professional and top notch at what he does. I am thankful to have found Ryan for my wedding photos after a horrible experience with my engagement photos with another photographer. My wedding photos came out beautiful, crisp and definitely edited in a professional manner. At my wedding, my guests loved Ryan because he was so personable and fun. When my mother went through the wedding photos, she said, "he didn't miss a thing" and she was right, he captured every moment wonderfully. I absolutely can not say enough about his wedding service. Ryan listened to exactly what I wanted for my wedding and was very reliable throughout the entire process. I will definitely be working with him in the future and truly am thankful for such an awesome experience.

Sent on 11/28/2016

Sydney · Married on 10/15/2016

So personable! Everything through the end of the wedding day was perfect. Every moment I wanted to remember was captured in the pictures I now treasure. I can't thank Ryan and his wife enough!

Sent on 01/19/2017

Dustin · Married on 10/01/2016

We loved working with Ryan! Not only are his photo’s amazing, but he was great to work with. He is very professional, but also very approachable and down to earth. Ryan took our engagement and wedding photos. He has a convenient questionnaire that we filled out at our convenience with our expectations and shot list. We then had a planning meeting to make sure he understood our wants/needs and nothing would be missed. Ryan was great with all of our guests and has an ability to know what was coming before we did and managed to get every candid picture we could have dreamed of throughout the night. He was with us all day/night and left after we did. We received our pictures from him very quickly and can’t wait to see our finished wedding album that he is creating for us.

Sent on 11/22/2016
  • Barnes

ANGELA · Married on 09/24/2016

Ryan O'Dowd photography was more than a service I hired. They showed professionalism and took the time to get to know us as a couple and a family. He was able to reflect our personalitit's in our portraits. I would stress that they were more than just photographers. They went above and beyond on my big day. His wife became my time manager and kept me focused on getting ready. Turn around time was unexpected in less than a month. WOW !it was so fast. They sent us a kit box in the mail with our pictures organized on our own personal thumb thrive. If your looking for more that what you hire, then Ryan O'Dowd photography is you what you want.
    SEPTEMBER BRIDE 2017

Sent on 02/08/2017

Brandon · Married on 09/19/2016

Happy and pleased with them and their work.

Sent on 07/04/2018

Bailey · Married on 08/13/2016

We met with a few photographers at the beginning of the wedding process, and after meeting with Ryan we knew we wanted him to take the shots of our wedding! He was so personable, and wanted to know us as a couple. This was very important to my husband and I. We knew that we wanted to feel comfortable with the photographer on the crazy day, and we really did! His wife came to help, and she was great as well! Ryan was very helpful, very professional, and very fun! He knew just the shots to take, what lighting was best, and made sure to place us there at the right moment. We were thrilled with our decision, and can't wait to see all the photos that he took from that day!

Sent on 08/26/2016

Mona Lisa · Married on 07/30/2016

My husband and I researched through many photographers to find the best of the best photographer for our wedding because capturing all these special moments and memories was the most important part for us. After looking into several photographers and their work, we came upon Ryan O'Dowd at the Plano Bridal Show. We then met with him one evening to go over what we would like for our wedding and he was very professional and just an all around nice guy. Afterwards, we felt so excited because we had felt that we had finally found 'The One' photographer for our wedding! Ryan is an AMAZING photographer! He is so much fun to work with and is just the BEST photographer ever! He really did blow us away with his work and photography skills by capturing every single special moment that we wanted. Especially since my husband himself is a photographer, he was very impressed with Ryan's work and just loved how all of our wedding photos came out. Thank you again Ryan for capturing all of our special moments and memories on our wedding day! You're AWESOME!!! We look forward to working with you again in the future! =)

Sent on 08/22/2016

Leslie · Married on 07/02/2016

Ryan O'Dowd photographed our wedding anniversary party and vow renewal at The Park City Club in Dallas in July. We asked for him to capture the usual "posed" family photos, and also the candid shots of the before, during and after. Ryan was amazing for noticing the "little moments" that might have gone unnoticed by any other photographer. He definitely has "an eye" for the moments that are special to family and the talent for taking the artistic shots that highlight and raise the "ordinary" (like table settings, guest book, etc.) to the "extraordinary" - to make those shots appear special and memorable. He caught smiles, hugs, laughter and happy tears at just the right time. Ryan definitely captured the best of our anniversary party, and preserved for us the memories and love of family and friends celebrating something so very special. We were very pleased with his competitive pricing, flexibility, and professionalism. My husband noted afterward that he "didn't even notice Ryan was there taking photographs, because he was so discreet and blended into the event so seamlessly." Thanks Ryan! We will definitely request Ryan again for any special events and family moments that need to be captured so we might treasure them again and again!

Sent on 09/02/2016

Kate · Married on 06/19/2016

We are so happy with the way Ryan captured our wedding day memories. He was so attentive to what we wanted and went above and beyond to catch every special moment. If we had to do it again we wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 01/23/2017

I cannot speak highly enough of Ryan! Working with him leading up to our wedding and on the day of was amazing! Ryan and his wife make you feel comfortable, which leads to the best pictures because they don't seem posed. He is great to work with and extremely professional. Everything that we did with him was top notch; we did engagement, bridals, and wedding day photography with him. I would recommend him for any occasion!!

Sent on 05/31/2016

Anna · Married on 05/27/2016

Ryan was fantastic to work with! Weddings can stressful and he made the experience stress free. He was very patient and listened to everything we wanted. My bridal portraits and wedding pictures were beautiful. If we ever need a photographer for anything else, we will definitely being giving him a call.

Sent on 01/21/2017