Ryan Cook Music Reviews

Ryan Cook Music 1
Ryan Cook Music 2
  • Alyssa

Alyssa Hansen · Getting married on 08/04/2020

Perfect Musician for Wedding or Any Event!!

Ryan Cook is an amazing musician and played for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. He is incredibly welcoming and friendly, and so easy to work with throughout the process of planning the event. He is open to all kinds of music suggestions (a wide range of genres & tempos), and even enjoys the challenge of learning new songs! Ryan is an extremely talented singer and musician who is able to get the crowd dancing and set the tone for the wedding or event of your choosing. I would hands down recommend Ryan for anyone interested booking a musician for any type of event!

Sent on 04/25/2019

Georgegardeau · Getting married on 08/01/2020

Very professional...

Ryan and Maya did a great job at our country fair.. a very good selection of songs from a variety of genres.....it was a pleasure to work with them.

Sent on 10/28/2018
  • Michelle

Michelle Huang · Married on 07/13/2019

Great acoustic guitarist!

Ryan came for our wedding in late June. It was a VERY hot day. Ryan played the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. The ceremony and cocktail hour was perfect and all acoustic. The reception was a mix of acoustic and some recorded music at our request. Ryan did such a great job and played everything the way we wanted, and took some requests from our guests. My guests were SO IMPRESSED and gave me several compliments on how did I "find him". I thought he did an amazing job and would highly recommend him for any of my friends weddings in the future. We communicated several times before the event and he was very accommodating and understanding of all our requests!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Ryan Cook Music's reply:

Thanks Michelle for the thoughtful review. It was hot but it has very little effect on me when I'm in the zone. Truly an honor to play music for you and your people. Wishing you and Jimmy the best and a bright future!
  • Natalie

Natalie O'connor · Married on 05/07/2019

The Perfect Musician!

Ryan was absolutely amazing! He was very professional and made everything that we wanted actually happen. The music he played was perfect for the venue and everyone was up and dancing. We got several compliments from guests about how engaging and great the music was. I highly recommend hiring him! Trust me, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 10/20/2019
    Ryan Cook Music 3
    Ryan Cook Music 4

Maura · Married on 10/20/2018

Ceremony Musician and Reception DJ

We hired Ryan to play live music during our ceremony and cocktail hour, and to DJ our reception. He was extremely responsive and thoughtful as we communicated our ideas with him throughout the planning process, always offering to do more legwork in order to minimize our stress levels. On the day of our wedding, he performed exactly as we had hoped. Our guests raved about his performance during our cocktail hour and he executed our wedding playlists perfectly during the reception. We could not be happier with our decision to go with Ryan for all of our wedding music needs!

Sent on 11/02/2018

Dan Koller · Married on 09/15/2018

Perfect complement to our wedding - well worth it!

Ryan was fantastic in all facets - during our booking process, he was friendly, attentive, and worked to capture the right vibe we wanted and with our venue. He learned several songs for our wedding, and my wife has been talking non-stop about how special it was to walk up and down the aisle to these meaningful songs. Day of, Ryan was absolutely professional, friendly, and put out a fantastic energy that all our guests enjoyed. It was definitely money very well spent, and I'd recommend Ryan to anyone. And most importantly, he's incredibly talented - he played acoustic during our brunch reception, and he was seriously awesome. Book him, you won't regret it!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Gail Steiner · Married on 09/01/2018

Totally delightful!

"Ryan plays a wide genre of music, using both acoustic and electric guitars, with a beautiful voice and presence. Very open to requests, including children's songs, very easy-going and friendly, follows through on commitments. Wish I could recommend him higher than 5!"

Sent on 02/02/2019

Michelle Moroney · Married on 08/31/2018

Great variations in different types of music

My partner booked Ryan as a surprise for me when we eloped to get married in New York,I had no idea but always had said I would love my favourite song played and sung to me if I ever walked down the isle!Well it wasn't a isle but it totally made my day as I walked into the ladies pavilion in Central Park to hear someone playing and singing my favourite song,and it made me cry it totally made my day!I would highly recommend Ryan cook

Sent on 10/30/2018

Mike Moroney · Married on 08/31/2018

Memories that will last forever

"I booked Ryan to perform at our Wedding ceremony at Ladies Pavillion, Central Park NY on 31st August. Ryan was a surprise performer for my wife and had no hesitation in learning and playing a number of our favourite songs. Upon arrival Ryan was already waiting and had set up ready to perform upon my wife's arrival. She was truly stunned and amazed by the performance as was I. Ryan was professional and committed to ensuring our wedding day was perfect. His email communications from booking to performance was also first class. I would have no hesitation in recommending or booking Ryan for future performances."

Sent on 12/05/2018

Steve Davis · Married on 08/11/2018

Easy experience

This guy is GREAT!!!! Ryan was the hit of my wives party. Guest still talk about how much fun we had that night. He is flexible and learned a number of songs just for my wife. Highly recommend this guy!

Sent on 11/01/2018
  • Melissa

Melissa Bowman · Married on 08/10/2018

AMAZING! Captured what we wanted perfectly.

I can't rave enough about Ryan. From the beginning he worked with us to make sure he knew exactly what we were looking for at our wedding, he was even willing to learn a requested song for walking down the isle.
    He captured what we wanted perfectly and our guest loved him. Our day wouldn't have been perfect without him!!!!

Sent on 08/26/2019

Ryan Cook Music's reply:

Melissa, thank you so much for the thoughtful review. It was such a great wedding! It was fun to bring it to life with you and Frank :-)

Danielle · Married on 05/16/2018

Amazing - Highlight of Our Wedding

Ryan played cocktail hour at our wedding and was amazing. We spoke many times before the event to figure out the songs I wanted played, and he even learned a few new songs that I requested. My husband and I weren’t too into the whole wedding thing, but we had something small for family. Ryan’s performance was definitely a highlight for us. We still talk about how awesome he was. Even family members commented on how great he was. Definitely recommend for any event.

Sent on 02/01/2019

Lisa Hochhauser · Married on 09/16/2017

Owned the mood!

Ryan Kept a great energy going through our party. He was able to read the vibe of our guests and keep the party going with his deep set list. He even let a few of the guests sing on a few numbers! We strongly recommend Ryan for your next event!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Terry Furin · Married on 08/12/2017

Ryan Cook is great!

"Ryan was great! He more than met our expectations. I would definitely use
    him again -- and I recommend him wholeheartedly."

Sent on 02/07/2019

John Sprague · Married on 06/21/2017

Gorgeous music/Warm Personality & Presence...

Ryan played at our wedding recently for our ceremony and cocktail hour, and we're so impressed by his talent, ability, and extensive repertoire - lovely music, lovely personality, and truly worth every penny. He is so easy to work with, from planning the song list to last-minute changes. He has a calm, cool, zen-like nature that makes him immediately likeable. We are so glad that we chose him to perform at our wedding, and would highly recommend him for any other occasion!"

Sent on 12/07/2018