50 Reviews for Ruth's House Event Rentals

Flatware (2)
Glassware (2)
Barware (1)
48 Ruth's House Event Rentals Reviews

I used Ruth's for our tent rental, dance floor, & string lighting. While the tent and dance floor were great, when I showed up on my wedding day, several of the string lights were out (they had been put up several days before, so this could have happened in that time span). Ruth's quickly sent someone out to make sure the lights were replaced in time for my reception and even added a side wall to my tent for no extra charge. Very professional & everything turned out beautiful. I would recommend Ruth's House Event Rentals for your big day!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Crystal, 4/7/18, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Setup, Linens, Dance Floor, Lights, Tents

We had a wonderful experience with Ruth's House. We rented chairs, tables, table linens, and an arbor. Their staff was quick to get everything setup and quick to take down after the event. Stephanie was great to work with and even let us add item's at the last minute. Would definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Meghan, 9/3/17, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Setup, Chairs, Decor

We used Ruth's House for our wedding rentals, and they were fantastic. Helpful in answering questions and providing suggestions. Willing to work with us to move chairs from our ceremony site to our reception tent (rather than renting twice the number of chairs we actually needed). Straightforward with pricing and the payment schedule. I didn't interact with them much in person as our day-of coordinator handled all of that planning, but from my experience, the Ruth's House folks were great. My only small complaint is that there were a few times I had to resend emails after a week due to not having gotten a response. But I understand that sometimes things get lost or overlooked in the shuffle, and it didn't impede on my planning in any way.

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/15/17, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Setup, Chairs, Linens

We hired Ruth's House for a neighborhood event after a recommendation from one of our board members. They were excellent. The 2 men who set up were on time, polite, and professional. We ordered a large tent, dining tables and chairs, bar tables and chairs, and linens. With the help of Ruth's House, we had a successful event.

Profile Picture Lori, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

We had a great experience with Ruth's House! We rented a 40 by 70 tent, chairs and tables through them. They were great! By far the best prices that we found and the service was excellent! Would definitely recommend using them

Profile Picture Mary, 5/27/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Chairs, Tents, Delivery, Setup

Working with Ruth's House was great for us because of their convenient location. They were easy to reach by phone and very willing to work with us on changes to our original proposal.

Profile Picture Dani, 5/19/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Ruth's house was the cheapest on chairs. From first contact to the end it was a great experience. Delivery and pick up on time. Very friendly people.

Profile Picture Cheryl, 4/15/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Recently, we had our daughter's wedding with an at-home reception. Ruth's House was informative, professional and very reasonably priced. Stephanie and Marcus are top notch to work with! The day of set up there were some changes that needed to be handled and these were made with no problem at all. I highly recommend their services for your event! They are punctual and dependable in set up and take down! I suggest talking with them prior to signing a contract with anyone else! Gail Delaney

Profile Picture Gail, 1/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff with Ruth's House Event Rental were always professional and helpful anytime I contacted them. They were quick to respond to my emails. The men who delivered the tables and chairs were very sweet and friendly. I would definitely use this company again for any special occasion.

Profile Picture Lisa, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Excellent service. Very responsive. Best prices in the area.

Profile Picture Debbie, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Chairs, Delivery

Easy to work with and so knowledgeable! Our wedding was perfect because of the stunning rentals from Ruth's House.

Profile Picture Susan, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Stephanie was super easy to work with and really helped me pick the right rentals to make our wedding absolutely beautiful.

Profile Picture Susan, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

I have been very pleased with Ruth's House during the entire wedding process!!

Profile Picture Donna, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Ruth's House was fantastic! They were not only responsive to emails but also provided the best rate and delivery rate we could find. They were also the furthest rental company from the venue and still provided the best rate. On top of all of this they were also able to deliver our items a few days before the event which caused a lot less stress on wedding day. I would recommend them to any one!

Profile Picture Nicolette, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

The team at Ruth's Rentals was always easily accessible, responsive, and very professional! I'd highly recommend them if you're planning a wedding in the Lowcountry!!

Profile Picture Jennifer , 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

I've updated my review at the request of the vendor.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Great inventory and Stephanie was amazing to accommodate all my needs and wants. I changed my mind a million times and she was great to work with! :)

Profile Picture Maja, 10/1/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

I thought that the positive comments about Ruth's House was an exaggeration! "How could they be so good?", I thought. Boy was I in for a treat! First, ordering everything we needed - the tables, chairs, tent and dance floor - was done with so much ease; could not have been easier. Second, their set-up time was remarkable! They arrived at our venvue HOURS in advance and was able to set up in enough time that allowed our coordinator to complete her duties! Third, every item rented to us was in top notch condition; I'm so happy that I did not cover the pretty wooden chairs. Fourth, the price we paid was ... THE best price! (And we did shop around!) Last, certainly not least, the break down was completed in no time.
Ruth's House really gave me that warm feeling of appreciation. I think that's what I loved most. I felt like an important customer. Not "just another one".

Profile Picture Chakira, 8/13/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Great experience from start to finish! Easy to work with and they are always more than happy to be of service. Their prices are hard to beat. Thanks, Ruth's House, for a job well done!

Profile Picture Julie, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Delivery, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tents
4.2

We had a number of edits after our original reservation. Stephanie and her colleagues were very flexible and willing to help us as needed. Thanks!

Profile Picture Scott, 4/23/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Chairs, Decor, Delivery

AMAZING selection of rental items. Beautiful options. Superior staff in the office and delivery. Could not have asked for a better group of people!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Tammy, 4/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Delivery, Setup, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Decor, Lights, Tent Accessories, Tents

Ruth's House is amazing at what they do! Stephanie and her team helped us give our daughter the beach wedding of her dreams without spending a fortune! Everything we rented was in pristine condition -- the chairs, tables and barrels were absolutely beautiful! And so much nicer than anything else we saw when shopping around at other event rental companies. Ruth's House was accommodating and helpful, even offering to hang our own chandelier in the tent!
Bottom line... Ruth's House has their competitors beat, hands down, with quality of merchandise and pricing!

Profile Picture Wendi, 3/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Linens, Clean Up, Delivery, Setup, Chairs, Lights, Tent Accessories, Tents

We rented several items from the company. We were very impressed with the pricing, professionalism, and set up and delivery of the items to our reception site. Overall, I would highly recommend this company and would use them again if we need to rent any items.

Profile Picture User6098276, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
1.9

My wife and I had the unfortunate circumstance of getting married in the middle of a hurricane. We're talking about a 1,000-year flood event in which people across South Carolina died. The president of this country proclaimed it a state of emergency. And yet despite all this, Ruth's House refused to return even a cent of our deposit, and did so in an extremely rude way.

I was fully aware of their no-refund policy regarding the deposit. This is common and expected. The whole reason for us having the tent was in case of rain, but this hurricane was so extreme that our venue requested we not even attempt to put up the tent, and they offered - for free - to let us use their interior location.

I contacted Ruth's House several days before the wedding to cancel, and requested that they consider giving us at least a partial refund considering the severity of the situation. Their response? "Unfortunately our small business is not run on emotions driven by unfortunate circumstances but sustainable business practices reflected in our policies which was directly presented and agreed to by you (rental contract)."

Beyond that, their customer service was poor from the beginning. They failed to call back with information on multiple occasions when they promised to, and they were consistently unprofessional over the phone.

I would not recommend them in any way, shape, or form. I know of another event company who informed me that they refunded multiple weddings during that hurricane weekend even though it went against policy, just because they had empathy and realized the difficult situation these couples were put in. They were shocked that Ruth's House wouldn't grant even a partial refund. My wife and I did not get to have the wedding of our dreams for reasons entirely outside of our control, and Ruth's House was nothing but rude on top of it. Our marriage is amazing, but we would never use Ruth's House again.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Geno, 10/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

They were a pleasure to work with! Always so quick to respond and I loved their products. My bentwood chairs and lounge furniture were a huge hit at my wedding. Would recommend them to any bride looking for a classic low country wedding.

Profile Picture Michiel, 2/14/15, 6 Reviews