Ruth Eckerd Hall Reviews

21 Reviews for Ruth Eckerd Hall

Ruth Eckerd Hall 1
Ruth Eckerd Hall 2

Makezie Lake · Married on 05/16/2019

Awesome experience Rene was great!

Rene was amazing and very detail oriented! She was super accommodating and everything was very organized! Thank you so much for your hard work and making our day amazing!

Sent on 05/15/2019
    Ruth Eckerd Hall 3
    Ruth Eckerd Hall 4
  • Amra

Amra · Married on 02/24/2018

I am so happy and thankful that I had my wedding at the beautiful great room at Ruth Eckerd Hall. Rene, Liz and the REH team went above and beyond to make my wedding just like in my dreams. They were always attentive, hardworking, and kind. The venue itself is spacious, with a beautiful balcony and high ceilings with a sparkling chandelier. You will regret not choosing this great venue for your big day!

Sent on 03/21/2018

Christine · Married on 02/10/2018

you would be crazy not go with Ruth Eckerd hall as your wedding venue. Rene and Liz are the best coordinators you will ever meet. Rene made sure everything was perfect to our liking down to the lap napkin. She definitely made the wedding planning 100 times easier.

Sent on 02/18/2018

Ryan · Married on 01/20/2018

Ruth Eckerd is a great place for a wedding. Rene, Liz and team were fantastic & could not have asked for a better place for our son's wedding. Rene and Liz eliminated the stress and we were able to enjoy the day. Thank you!!

Sent on 02/06/2018

Karrie · Married on 11/25/2017

This beautiful updated all in one venue was great for all my needs- dressing room to get ready, my ceremony was on a balcony, the room was grand for my reception and they cater food and bar. I work with Rene for coordination and Liz on the day of. They made sure to take care of any concerns and needs. Liz was great on the day of and made sure that I was okay constantly. They handled everything and did everything to make this a stress free day. I couldn't have been happier. This team was an all star team making my day one special day to remember forever.

Sent on 12/07/2017

Casie · Married on 05/28/2017

One month before my wedding, my reception venue closed. I was a wreck! After calling around to about everywhere in the Tampa Bay area we got in touch with Ruth Eckerd Hall and they had an opening. My mom and I met with Marty who showed us the room and talked about our options. After leaving, I broke into tears because I knew that Marty would take care of us. And I was right. I didn't have to worry about a thing! As soon as we pulled up to the reception Marty was waiting for us with a server who had hor d'oeuvres and took drink orders for the bridal party. Later that night he was even there to personally make up a dinner plate for me and my new husband! I really do believe everything happens for a reason. Thanks to Marty and his staff my wedding was better than I had ever imagined.

Sent on 08/22/2010

Lauren · Married on 11/26/2016

I am beyond thrilled with our decision to have our wedding reception here!! This was one of the few places that could hold our 250 invited guests without cramming them in there. We wound up with 178 and I would say that we definitely had room for more, if we needed. Working with Rene was so incredibly easy. She is so on top of things and it is evident that she does this often and has an eye for what she's doing. She helped with every detail, the tables, the chairs, the linens, the chargers, the lighting, the furniture we had on the patio... she took care of it all! All we did was have conversations with her about what we wanted and she did the rest. The whole bridal party was even able to get ready for the day - with our Salon coming on site - in a room downstairs. It was amazing because we were able to see the room come together as each vendor came to do some set up. Liz, Sylvette, and the rest of their team did an incredible job on the night of, working so incredibly hard to keep everything running seamlessly and successfully! The food was delicious, the room looked better than I could have imagined, and no one in attendance had to worry about a thing the entire night. I am forever grateful to the team there & want to relive the day over and over again!

Sent on 01/18/2017

Dimitra · Married on 11/05/2016

My husband and I were extremely happy with how our reception turned out at REH. The ballroom was recently renovated and updated with new lighting and colors. We were both blown away by the looks of the room. Rene and her team are amazing to work with and will do all they can to make your wedding day as perfect as they can for you. The food was delicious, probably the best I've had out of all the weddings I've been to. The pictures don't do the room justice. Go and see it. There's not many ballrooms in the area that have big bay windows and a very large patio. I highly recommend Rene and Ruth Eckerd Hall!

Sent on 11/27/2016

Katharine · Married on 10/08/2016

Rene and her staff were SO professional, friendly and helpful throughout the entire planning of my daughter's wedding. The food was amazing! Very impressed and so were all of our guests - as we had many come up and tell us how wonderful it all was. The service was great, the room was beautiful, the drinks were perfect. They made everything so easy - all we had to do is show up and have fun! I highly recommend REH!!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Amanda · Married on 10/01/2016

Rene has got to be one of the BEST venue managers out there EVER! She is detail oriented, nice, caring, attentive, and is basically "inside your head" to know exactly what you want. She was a 100% NON-STRESSFUL vendor for our wedding, and I felt so at ease knowing our reception was in her hands. I literally did not worry about one thing with Rene. The Great Room was being renovated all summer and literally, our wedding was the first one in the room. I visited the venue 2 days before the wedding, and although there was still construction workers around the room, Rene assured me there would be no issues for Saturday...she was 100% correct. The room was BEAUTIFUL and her staff did such an amazing job. If you're looking for a venue that is different from others you have seen (i.e. country clubs)...this is the place for you. The cocktail hour can be out on the 3rd floor terrace which makes it even more beautiful. Check this place our for sure and calm your nerves by working with Rene. She's awesome!!!!

Sent on 10/11/2016

Travis · Married on 01/02/2016

Rene Eichelberger, director of catering for Ruth Eckerd Hall was amazing! She coordinated and helped us plan a beautiful reception. The food was fabulous, the room looked fantastic. She coordinated elegant linens and her staff helped keep everything moving. Highly recommend Rene, Liz and the rest of the team! Thank you!

Sent on 01/10/2016

We held my daughter's wedding reception at the Margarete Heye Great Room at Ruth Eckerd Hall, The room, when properly decorated and lighted, is more beautiful than any hotel ballroom in the area. It features a dramatic high ceiling and huge chandelier. We had 230 people for a sit down dinner and a live band and dance floor and the room was perfect.

There were 2 sold out shows in the auditorium the evening of the wedding so Ruth Eckerd Hall provided free reserved parking for our guests, along with a person to direct them into the reserved area. It worked out great and we were very pleased.

Ovations does all of the catering for Ruth Eckerd Hall so you must use them. Ovations provided excellent food and bar service for a very reasonable price.

I highly recommend Ruth Eckerd Hall and Ovations Catering!!

Sent on 01/12/2015
  • Mrs. Carroll

Tara · Married on 04/12/2013

We dealt with Rene at Ruth Eckerd Hall. She is absolutely AMAZING!! Rene knows her stuff, without a doubt. We had our wedding reception in the Margaret Heye Great Room. Not only was the room affordable, it was beautiful, the large chandelier is so elegant. We booked Ruth Eckerd over a year before our wedding day, and if given the opportunity to choose a different venue, we would still choose Ruth Eckerd! The staff is professional and very kind. The food is AMAZING! If you are looking for an affordable but sophisticated venue, Ruth Eckerd is the place to go!

Sent on 04/16/2013

Alejandra · Married on 03/02/2013

Beautiful, elegant and reasonable pricing! Thank You!!!

Sent on 03/13/2013
  • W

Wendy · Married on 04/09/2011

I hired Ruth Eckerd Hall for my wedding reception venue. I had originally hired another location but my guest list had exceeded the capacity at my original reception venue so I had to change my venue literally a month before my wedding. I dealt with Rene who worked with me from the beginning to the end. Rene was wonderful in her customer service, professionalism, and responsiveness. We used the Margaret Heye Great Room for the reception and the room was absolutely perfect. My husband and I are so thankful that we had Rene who worked with us to make everything possible. The room was beautiful and the customer service was exceptional. It isn't a place one would normally consider for a wedding reception but it turned out to exceed our expectations!

Sent on 04/24/2011

Rachel · Married on 02/26/2011

Absolutely beautiful place to have a wedding. The wedding coordinator left Ruth Eckerd Hall a week and half before our wedding and you would never known it. Of course we were in a panic, but Mike met with my mom and had everything in order, knew exactly what we wanted and the price we had agreed on. On our wedding day, everything looked better than we had imagined. It was perfect and I commend the staff of Ruth Eckerd Hall for not allowing the staff changes to affect us in any way.

Sent on 03/27/2011

Amanda · Married on 05/22/2010

Marty was a pleasure to work with. He did everything he could to make our day absolutely perfect. We had a small problem with one of his staff members which was a misunderstanding and he fixed immediately. We also had some issues with parking, however there was a large show there the night of which was to be understood. All in all This place is amazing and they really do all they can to help you out. I loved it and recommend them to everyone.

Sent on 05/31/2010

Sara · Married on 03/02/2019

3.5

We met with Rene to check out this venue for our wedding ceremony and reception and go over the details of the day. She got back to us immediately, was very flexible in setting up a time to meet with us. She was very friendly yet professional and accommodating and also very easy going - not very pushy or sales-ish. She was also very considerate to let us view the venue while it was set up to see what it would look like ahead of time. It really is a beautiful space, with a very lovely outdoor area for cocktail hour, or games, whatever suits your fancy! We ended up not going with the food selection as it seemed to be a bit over-priced for what we are getting. But for what you get with the rental, including the rental fee, set up and clean up, dance floor, projector screen if you want it, lovely room for the wedding party to visit if need be before or during the reception, and the location it is well worth it.

Sent on 09/07/2018

3.5

Rene was good to work with. At our final walk through I was not really feeling the layout, so we were able to change it and make everything perfect. The staff that day worked hard and were very courteous!

Sent on 07/24/2013

nicole · Married on 08/12/2016

2.6
      2.0
      2.0

I had my wedding there i went to the Ruth Eckerd Hall because i have been in wedding there and went to banquets there and all was great but not my wedding there was a misunderstand about some pipework and draping i pay for so my picture are not what i expect them to look like also alot of my guest said that the security team was very rude and did not expect that from Ruth Eckerd Hall .And because it was raining outside we had no other place to take pictures because there was a concert that night too just make sure there not a concert the same night of your wedding

Sent on 08/26/2016