Rusty Rail Brewing Company Reviews

59 Reviews for Rusty Rail Brewing Company

• Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 10/12/2019

Absolutely Perfect!!!

From the moment we saw "The Rail" we knew this is where we wanted our wedding to be! The wedding team of Roxanne and Elyssa were beyond perfect and made wedding planning so easy as they were there every step of the way! Elyssa would keep us on track with planning and check in every month, she would always answer any questions we had big or small and never made us feel like we were burdening her.

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and I must say its most likely due to these two wonderful ladies; they run a tight ship and work together like a well oiled machine. All of our vendors absolutely raved when we told them where we were getting married and said they loved working with them and that we were in good hands; and they were right!

The Rail offers everything you need for a wedding (linens, decor, vases, chargers) which helped save on costs. They gave us a suite for the wedding night and rooms for the gals and guys to get ready in the day of. The suites there they block for guests and also contact local hotels to do the same in order to take some of that stress off of you if you are having an out of town wedding. The Rehearsal night went flawlessly and they took care of everything then too; the whole wedding process of planning, prepping and day of was so relaxing because they were so helpful and literally thought of everything. The food was amazingly good and I love that we got to pick the beer that we wanted and create signature cocktails. The venue was absolutely perfect and the team was willing to set it up exactly how we wanted; they are able to transform spaces quickly and beautifully! They allowed my husband and I to see the reception space before anyone else and take a few moments to ourselves which was perfect. There are also so many cool places at RR to take pictures!

If you want a stress free wedding experience with great beer, food and fun you cant go wrong with Rusty Rail. They are absolutely perfect in every way and our friends and family are still saying how its the best wedding they have been to!

Thank you is hardly enough to show the gratitude we have to Elyssa, Roxanne and RR for making our day perfect and the one we always dreamed of!

Sent on 04/16/2020
  • Jolie

Jolie Hunsinger · Married on 10/05/2019

Seamless wedding planning process and wedding day!

Rusty Rail Brewing Company was by and far the best decision we could have made for our wedding venue. The team at Rusty Rail have wedding and event planning down to a science! We cannot say enough great things about how easy it was to plan a wedding with them- from the monthly wedding planning emails from Elyssa to the help with set up and tear down, it truly took SO much of the stress away from the wedding day. So many of our guests and other wedding vendors all commented on how precise everything was carried out the day of the wedding- people are still talking about it even two months later! The event spaces and guest rooms on site are simply beautiful. My husband and I were and still are in love with how our wedding day turned out.

Sent on 12/29/2019
  • Jessie

Jessie Brown · Married on 08/10/2019

Book your wedding here!!!!

The Rusty Rail is the perfect place for a Pennsylvania wedding. The event spaces are beautiful and so customizable, having the suites upstairs for our wedding party to get ready, use as a "landing place" and to stay after made things so easy. Elyssa and Roxanne were amazing to work with! We were planning our wedding from across the country and Elyssa made things so easy with monthly updates and always being willing to answer random questions we had. Elyssa was so flexible with meeting with any time we were in the area. Everyone commented on the professionalism of the staff and how beautiful the space was. I would DEFINITELY recommend the Rusty Rail!!

Sent on 09/05/2019

Linda Crayton · Married on 06/22/2019

An Incredible venue that created an amazing wedding experience.

Beautiful venue. Professional, talented staff always available for questions and suggestions. Great respect shown for the bride and groom as well as the bridal party and parents. Food and beverages superb. In constant communication from the start of the rehearsal to the completion of the reception. Also maintained contact with other vendors for us. Without question, an incredible venue staffed and managed by wonderful, caring people who made such an important event something we will all remember in only positive ways.

Sent on 06/25/2019

Ja Cm · Married on 06/08/2019

Exceptional

All of the people who work here are extremely helpful, professional, and approachable. They aim to please. Food is great. Venue is wonderful!

Sent on 06/16/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley Keith · Married on 12/15/2018

Beyond our expectations, treated us like royalty.

I have NEVER been to a more perfect wedding venue than Rusty Rail. They gave us the best experience and I highly recommend them. Elyssa is a saint of a woman and was there for us every step of the way. They set up all our decorations and tore everything down. I didn’t lift a finger, ONCE! They made sure we were so well taken care of. The entire staff is so friendly and gave us the best service. They even have the most beautiful suites to stay in on the 3rd floor. This place HAS IT ALL!!

Sent on 12/17/2018
  • McKenzie

McKenzie · Married on 12/07/2018

Amazing venue!

We are so happy to have had the chance to be able to work with you and the RR truly benefits from your services. Thank you for making such a memorable experience.

Sent on 12/14/2018
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 11/17/2018

Elegant and Organized

The Rusty Rail really had it all: amazing venue, exceptional food, fantastic staff, and, best of all, easy and simple wedding coordination that made the planning process and the day-of nearly stress-free for us, our families, our guests, and our vendors.

Sent on 02/10/2019
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 10/26/2018

Blown Away

Nearly 3 months after our wedding at the Rusty Rail, our family and friends are still raving about how perfect our wedding was! Elyssa does an amazing job keeping everything on track so you can enjoy your day without any stress. The serving and kitchen staff were very quick, getting meals out to guests very quickly. The food was delicious and the space is a perfect layout!

Sent on 01/11/2019

Brett · Married on 09/28/2018

Boy, where do I start? The Rusty Rail is the BEST venue for a wedding. Hands down. No comparison. My wife and I got married at the Rusty Rail on September 28th and the experience was the best. Roxanne and Elyssa were fantastic for the whole planning process and the care, excitement, and interaction with us for the wedding day and the day before were so great. We got married 90 minutes from home. For the 18 months leading to the wedding we were asked this question many times; Why are you getting married so far away from home? Our answer was simple - "Wait until you see the place". Let me describe the venue itself. The wedding takes place on the second floor of the Rusty Rail. The first floor is a bar and the rest of the layout is a dining area. The second floor includes another bar, a gaming area, and more dining area. If you are a Penn State fan I can't think of a better place to watch a game. The rest of the second floor space consists of the three rooms used for the wedding and two individual rooms that house the groom and groomsmen and a room for the bride and bridesmaids. The third floor consists of eight individual rooms including the huge suite we stayed in following the wedding. The Rusty Rail also opened up a huge suite for the bride and wedding party for the entire day to have makeup and hair done, right on site. How convenient is that? The food is incredible. We chose three different entrees for the wedding and all were amazing. If you are a beer drinker it is worth a trip to try the beer. The Rusty Rail certainly isn't your normal "brewery" by definition. It is everything all wrapped up in one with a 10 star rating on a five star scale. The staff were so friendly. Everything I needed was handled throughout the day, from the simplest of requests being more beer (!) to bringing a fan into the room. The coordination of the whole staff for the actual ceremony is choreographed to each exquisite detail. During pictures, I informed the staff that I wanted to mak

Sent on 10/05/2018

Janet · Married on 09/15/2018

My youngest daughter just had her wedding ceremony and reception at Rusty Rail. My oldest daughter had here reception there(they were in the process of building the wedding ceremony area) if done she would of gotten married there also.. Staff WONDERFUL. They made sure the bride and groom were taken care of at all time. Food very good, atmosphere BEAUTIFUL . AS a mother of the brides I could not be any happier. Elyssa Reitz is the wedding planner for Rusty Rail. She was wonderful, listened ,gave ideas,went out of her way to make everyone feel relaxed and comfortable . I would recommend Rusty Rail for any event!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Lyndsey · Married on 09/15/2018

Best wedding venue in central PA!

Our wedding was absolutely amazing! Elyssa and Roxanne did a fantastic job of making sure the day was perfect. The planning and day of the wedding was so stress free. Rusty Rail catered to our every need. It was like we had our own personal wedding planners. The venue is so beautiful with the hard wood floors, beams, and exposed brick. The ceremony space could be dimmed down, and gave it such a romantic feeling. Every detail was perfect. We had so many compliments on the food and beer. It is such a beautiful space. My sister originally had her reception at Rusty Rail and I knew I had to do the same with my ceremony and reception. I would recommend this venue to anyone who would love to have their entire wedding day in one place. It was so nice to not have to leave and go anywhere else. We were able to get ready in one of their suites and even spent the night of the wedding in one. What a perfect wedding! Thanks Rusty Rail!.

Sent on 10/20/2018

Sheila · Married on 09/08/2018

Our daughters wedding was a wonderful all around. Even though the ceremony had to be moved inside at the last minute it was flawless. You would have never know it wasn't supposed to be inside the whole time. Food was delicious and served to our guests very fast. Staff was so accommodating and professional. At the end of a long day they packed up everything for us very carefully and we picked up the next day. Thank you to the Rusty Rail for everything!! Bravo!!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Rusty Rail Brewing Company's reply:

Cristina & Trevor's wedding was filled with many details the bride and her family worked on to make the day beautiful. some of the highlights were the centerpieces, the unity candle & arbor and of course the stunning bride & gown.
    Rain did not even play a factor in this couples special day!
    Best wishes to the happy couple!!
    Elyssa & Roxanne

Nicole · Married on 08/25/2018

The Rusty Rail is THE venue for weddings in the Central Susquehanna area. You simply cannot beat the beauty of the venue, the Rusty Rail event team, the food, the overnight accommodations; I could go on and on. My husband and I decided we wanted to get married here because we loved coming here to eat. And once I heard that the event team orchestrated the 'big day', I realized this was where we NEEDED to get married. The Rusty Rail is simply a 'one stop shop' for wedding planning. They helped us find other necessary vendors, and they worked closely with us every single step of the way. We had several guests tell us that our wedding was the BEST wedding they EVER attended. What a wonderful compliment; and we truly owe it to the Rusty Rail!

Sent on 08/30/2018

Tanya · Married on 08/18/2018

I can't even begin to describe how PERFECT everything was for our wedding day! Not only was the Rusty Rail an absolutely gorgeous place to have a wedding (we received so many compliments on the venue) but Roxanne, Elyssa, and the staff are absolutely amazing! They are the most organized and professional event coordinators! I did not have to worry about a thing from the start of the planning process. It was the most STRESS FREE process which is exactly how I wanted it. Even my photographer commented on how organized and professional the staff was and that she had never been treated so well at a wedding venue! I was made to feel like a princess by the staff and they worked so hard behind the scenes to make sure the smallest details were taken care of down to even taking some of our cupcakes to our suite so we would have some later! Now matter how big or small of a wedding or how involved or hand off (like me) you want to be they are so accommodating and you won't be disappointed! We had so many compliments from our guests and the suites are absolutely stunning! Having everything in one location was the absolute best decision ever! I want to do it again!

Sent on 09/05/2018

julia · Married on 08/11/2018

We had our daughters wedding reception here on August 11th 2018. We cannot recommend them enough! From the very beginning of planning, Roxanne and Elyssa were always available to answer any question and made the whole process easy, fun and most importantly relaxing and stress free for us. We used the Pardee room for cocktail hour, which was spacious and fun for our 175 guests, while the wedding party was with the photographer taking gorgeous photos in and around the property. The Great Room was revealed for the reception and the beautiful stain glass window was the perfect focal point for the Sweetheart Table. Guests were stunned and overwhelmed with the space and very impressed with the staff and service of food. As the parents, we were able to relax and enjoy the entire evening and not worry about a single thing. Elyssa and staff took care of EVERTHING beyond what we could have hoped for. It was a perfect day for us and we wouldn't change a single thing. We would highly recommend The Rusty Rail. We had family and bridal party stay in the suites on the 3rd floor and the rooms are gorgeous. We also had hair and makeup done and the bridesmaids had a blast.
    We felt completely taken care of the entire weekend!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Vanessa · Married on 08/04/2018

WOW! This venue is amazing! Rusty Rails made our daughter's wedding all we could have hoped for. From the moment Roxanne took us on a toured we knew this was the right place to hold such a memorable day. Elyssa was an exceptional wedding planner, she was great in keeping us right where we needed to be in preparations, always prompt in responding and very accommodating. Roxanne and Elyssa went above and beyond to make sure the bridal party had everything they needed at all times. They did all the work so we could all enjoy the celebration!!!!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Matt Jones · Married on 07/21/2018

A staff and building that give you an unforgettable day!

It’s been a year since my wife and I were married at the Rusty Rail. Why did we wait so long to write our review? Mainly, laziness. After the wedding we were both fairly burnt out from anything wedding related. In hindsight, however, that laziness gave us time to think back to our wedding day. What would we do differently? What didn’t we like? What would we change? What would we improve? What could the staff have done better?

Not. One. Damn. Thing! We’ve had the blessing of time to truly evaluate our choice to hold our celebration at the Rail. Looking back, I don’t think we could have asked for, not only a more gorgeous and perfect setting for our nuptials, but also for a more attentive, accommodating, thoughtful, and pleasant staff than those we worked with. From the second we made our decision and handed over the deposit to the morning after our day to gather our decorations, the team at the Rail was amazing.

First and foremost, Elyssa and Roxanne were simply amazing. They were incredibly pleasant to work with. Both were extremely attentive to all our requests and thoughts and helped us not only deliver our vision but also to improve and build upon it. They took our baseline ideas and helped flesh it out into reality. At each step they kept us on track and made sure we were going to have a smooth wedding day. Their years of experience streamlined the whole process for us and no detail was overlooked or missed. I honestly believe that without them our day would not nearly have been as memorable as it is!

Next, all the staff at the Rail were fantastic. The service staff, both bar and food, were attentive and polite. We can’t count the number of guests who had nothing but great things to say about their experience. No meal was cold, no meal was mixed up, and everyone was handed their entree without delay so no one was waiting. After dinner, everything was cleared promptly, keeping our guests tables nice and neat. Each bartender was very friendly, warm, and great to talk to. The bar staff were very knowledgeable about their craft beers, as for many of our guests it was their first time to the Rail.

The food, oh the food! I’m so glad the Rail hosts a tasting of nearly every dish they have to offer for their weddings. Although, getting to try everything makes narrowing down your menu difficult. as it was all so good! The passed appetizers during the cocktail hour were delicious and there was plenty of servers to keep our guests’ stomachs from rumbling. For dinner, everything came out of the kitchen piping hot and fresh. Based on our own meals and from our guests’ comments, each dish was cooked and seasoned perfectly. It’s pretty incredible that with eighty or so guests, there wasn’t a single complaint. Kudos to everyone that was part of the kitchen staff that night.

Lastly, we have one more important “person” to thank and that’s the building itself. The Rail provides such an incredible atmosphere. You can see, smell, and hear the history of that building as you walk through all the floors. From the downstairs restaurant and bar, the beautiful banquet space on the second floor, to the elegant and tranquil suites on the third, each floor is its own character. Our guests absolutely loved to explore each and every space. The staff kept every area clean and neat. The bathrooms were immaculate and well stocked with any toiletry a guest could have needed or wanted.

So, it’s been a year, and hindsight being 20/20, we couldn’t have asked for a better staff or location for our wedding. From top to bottom, everything was better than we could have asked for or dreamed of. Everyone involved made our day the best it could have been and we can’t thank them enough for it. Going back slightly to the start of our review, though, I guess there is one thing that we would have changed about our day. Time went by way too fast and the entire celebration needed to never end.

Sent on 07/20/2019

Jeff · Married on 07/14/2018

Top Class operation. Will recommend Rusty Rail to everyone

Sent on 07/18/2018

Katherine · Married on 06/23/2018

Thanks to the Rusty Rail and their AMAZING event staff, we had our dream wedding! They did everything they could to make it exactly what we wanted, the food was amazing and all of our guests loved it! We had several vegetarian and lactose free guests which was no problem and all the staff was happy, helpful, and there for us at all times! We cannot speak highly enough of the wonderful staff and absolutely beautiful ceremony and reception space! Our guests couldn't either! They provided a beautiful, private space to get ready the morning of the wedding and allowed us ample time for decorating the day before although they did all the decorating for the reception, which was perfect! With the most perfect setting, Rusty Rail events makes dreams come true in every way!

Sent on 06/28/2018

Megan · Married on 06/09/2018

Wonderful, 10/10!

10/10 recommend the RR to host your wedding/large event. Affordable. Easy and enjoyable to work with. Professional staff who made it known that they were there to make our wedding day perfect. Great food...HIGHLY recommend their crab cake bites. I’m pretty sure I ate them all before my husband got any, lol!

Sent on 01/11/2019

Abbi · Married on 05/26/2018

Elyssa and Roxanne could not have been more helpful!! They were so accommodating throughout the entire wedding planning process and Elyssa sent monthly reminders of important things to have done, which was so helpful! Our wedding day was absolutely perfect! All of our family and friends cannot stop raving about how beautiful the venue was, how delicious the food was and how helpful the staff were!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Sheri · Married on 05/19/2018

I cannot say enough about the Rusty Rail and the staff. Absolutely beautiful venue. Elyssa, the event planner was the easiest to work with and did everything in her power to make the day extra special for my Daughters wedding. The food selection, beverages everything was spot on. If we had to do it again - we wouldn't change a thing. Most beautiful day ever. I cannot thank them enough for everything they did. Well worth cost.

Sent on 05/24/2018
  • Amber

Amber Ware · Married on 05/05/2018

Beyond our expectations!!

Elyssa was beyond our expectations at Rusty Rail!! It was amazing to be able to have our dream wedding with no stress what so ever. Their service was top notch, food was delicious and all of our guests were amazed at how beautiful our wedding was. Elyssa took everything off my plate and planned our wedding exactly how we wanted it. We highly recommend the Rusty Rail!!!

Sent on 01/12/2019