Rustic Ridge View Farm Reviews

31 | Kerhonkson, NY

31 Reviews for Rustic Ridge View Farm

John A. Livermore · Getting married on 09/09/2020

Highly Recomended

The attention to detail is one of the biggest keys for me as a caterer. The events I have attended there seem to go off without a hitch. Lauren the facilities coordinator is THE BEST!! You can't go wrong at Rustic Ridge View Farm.

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • Nathalie

Nathalie Kelley · Married on 12/10/2019

Fall-ing in love

This venue is absolutely spectacular. We choose a prime foliage weekend. the view from the hill that the ceremony takes place is stunning. My guests could not stop raving about this location. My Wally was extremely helpful and made our day that much more special. Choose this place!!

Sent on 10/21/2019

Lauren Pasternak · Married on 10/08/2019

Love working here!

I have the pleasure of working with Wally at Rustic Ridge View Farm many times throughout the wedding season! He is the BEST to work with and RRV is by far my favorite venue to work at! Couples have so much flexibility being able to do whatever they want, use any vendor they want and the views are STUNNING. The farm is affordable, beautiful and is able to be turned into anything couples can dream of for their wedding day. Happy to be apart of any couples wedding planning at Rustic Ridge View Farm.

Sent on 12/05/2019
  • Victoria

Victoria Bourbeau · Married on 10/05/2019

Best Weekend of My Life at Rustic Ridgeview Farm!

If you're looking for the ultimate outdoor wedding experience in the Hudson Valley of NY, look no further than Rustic Ridgeview Farm! Wally and his crew were super accommodating in every way, helpful, friendly, and just very cool people. The setting is picturesque, and the venue is fully customizable. Think of it as a blank canvas with the most beautiful view of the Shawangunk Mountains as the frame. All of the other details are on you, but Wally has a lot of solid suggestions for vendors who are familiar with the workings of the grounds, and his advice is worth heeding for sure. The Pavilion easily held 340 people and a 30'x40' dance floor in my wedding-- we had 2 small 30'x20' separate tents for the bar and food to be served. Weddings under 300 people should easily be able to fit entirely under the Pavilion. The hilltop is a great place for the ceremony, as well as cocktail hour and a Friday night welcome party. All weddings in this area are expensive, but if you're looking to get the most bang for your buck, especially for the amount of time you have access to the grounds and don't mind a little D.I.Y., this place is the ultimate spot to host your special day (weekend). Our event was suit and tie, but can be more casual if you choose, and we still had campers camped on the property, as there is ample camping for dozens of guests, and a few good hotels nearby as well. I highly recommend renting the main house for the weekend as well to help stage your bridal / grooms parties. Once you check this place out for the first time, you can be certain, that if you want a full weekend wedding experience, this is 100% your best bet.

Sent on 10/14/2019

Dana Gisiano · Married on 09/28/2019

Joy at Rustic Ridge

As a caterer who has worked at many different outside venues, Rustic Ridge View Farm is one of our favorites. Not only are the views spectacular, the grounds are beautifully maintained, and the staff very accommodating. Their main concern was making the bride and grooms day the best day ever. They were very easy to work with and willing to help in any way possible.
    We highly recommend this venue to all!!!!!
    Dana and Phil Gisiano
    Dana Foods Catering, Kingston, N.Y.

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Ken

Ken Corrigan · Married on 09/21/2019

Grade A Experience

My wife and I were just married at RRVF on September 21,2019 with a beautiful picturesque day. Wally and The staff not only cared for our family and needs, but also helped us plan the perfect country wedding. We couldn’t have asked for better. From day 1, this venue made sure we were more than happy and satisfied. Our guests had the time of their lives. Their kids also had the time of their lives playing games, laying in the hammocks, running around and being kids. I highly recommend Rustic Ridge View for your wedding or next gathering. You will not be disappointed

Sent on 09/25/2019
  • Marci

Marci Renee · Married on 09/14/2019

We knew RRV was the one!

The minute we first visited RRV, we knew it was our wedding venue. And man, were we right! Wally was incredibly accommodating in every possible way. He helped us execute decor ideas at the ceremony site and in the pavilion that just added to the magic of our day. The property and natural landscape give off the most amazing vibe, and our guests were able to feel it too. It's natural, rustic beauty is so stunning I can barely find words. We are so lucky to have found Wally and RRV to host our day!

Sent on 09/26/2019

J & S · Married on 07/27/2019

Amazing weekend, amazing place

Our experience with Rustic Ridge couldn't have been better. From start to finish, Wally was friendly, flexible, and super-responsive. Our ceremony and celebration were both a bit unconventional, and we could tell that Wally really cared about meeting our unique needs.

Sent on 08/08/2019

Stephanie · Married on 07/13/2019

Amazing experience so far!

We haven't had our wedding at RRVF yet, but from the moment we decided it was the place we wanted to get married, the entire process has been so easy and fun! Once we saw RRVF, we knew we had to get married on the beautiful farm. Not only were we in awe of the green mountains, perfectly groomed and well-kept property, and the incredible pavilion that will hold our reception, but the fact that we have the flexibility to make our wedding exactly what we want it to be is truly the best part. The property owner, Wally, has been extremely responsive and easy to work with, from scheduling tours of the property, to handling the contracts, to suggesting our amazing wedding planner, Lauren Pasternak (LP events). Wally made handcrafted wood benches and farm tables that are included in the contract that we are so excited to use. We were even able to have our rehearsal dinner on the farm the night before the wedding, which is a really special touch. We can't wait to have our wedding at this incredible place, surrounded by our favorite people in the world, in 3 weeks!

Sent on 06/21/2019
  • Tiernan

Tiernan Turner · Married on 07/09/2019

Wally rocks!

Wally and RRV Farm was the best decision we made in our wedding planning. While Upstate NY was a challenge in terms of dealing with vendors (there were lots of disappointments), RRV Farm came through exactly as advertised, with no unexpected problems. Wally was very attentive, hands on, and genuinely cares about what he does. He really went above and beyond to cater to our requests.

Sent on 03/27/2020
  • Kate

Kate Weston · Married on 06/08/2019

The best day

Rustic Ridge View Farm is the most magical place. Wally is attentive, flexible, responsive, and honest! We are over the moon about about the quality of our reception, best party, best venue, best day, best accommodations in the Love Shaq’. Our guests were able to come early to set up camp. Thank you Wally for making our day extra special.

Sent on 06/17/2019

Rustic Ridge View Farm's reply:

Such a fun weekend and big ups to Helen Woolger (petalandstemstudio) for doing an insane job with planning, decor, flowers and all the little details...
  • DANIELLE

DANIELLE · Married on 09/28/2018

Amazing Experience

Working with Wally was so easy and seamless. Venue is stunning with so many great options for hosting the perfect wedding. Wally went above and beyond to work with myself and couple to create the vision they have always dreamed off. If you want ease and flexibility, look no further. Truly an exceptional experience and highly recommend Rustic Ridge View Farm.

Sent on 12/02/2019

DANIELLE · Married on 11/07/2017

Dreams come true

When I was looking for a wedding venue I wanted to embrace the beauty of the Hudson Valley. Rustic Ridge View Farm was this and so much more. Wally was so accommodating with my crazy requests and helpful from start to finish.
    The location was purely magical. From gtting married on a hilltop over looking the beautiful valley to my reception in the impeccably decorated pavilion and ending the night with a warm fire and all my close friends camping on top of the beautiful hill I got married on.
    I couldn't have asked for a better location and owner. Thank you for making my dreams come true.

Sent on 12/02/2019

David · Married on 10/07/2017

It’s hard to say the best part of Rustic Ridge. The location is as beautiful as could be. Many of our guests said the location was a perfect location for a wedding. The pavilion, the hilltop and the views in every direction were stunning. But Helen and Wally were just so helpful and so wonderful to work with. They were dependable, responsive, amazing problem solvers, flexible and many other things. We got the Silver package and it was exactly what we needed. As with any wedding we had fire drills come up but they all got handled with Helen and Wally’s help.

Thank you Helen and Wally. You made the weekend absolutely amazing and unforgettable.

Sent on 10/09/2017

amber · Married on 07/09/2017

Working with wally was such a pleasure. He was super flexible with payments and accommodations. The farm was beautiful, and all the guests loved it! He did an amazing job parking 150+ cars! I would definitely recommend rustic ridge view farm for your country, laid back wedding!

Sent on 07/22/2017

Nina · Married on 08/27/2016

Rustic Ridge View Farm was the perfect location for our wedding. The 360-degree views from the hilltop are stunning, especially at sunset, and the horse pavilion gets transformed into a magical reception space, with ample room even for large parties. The cost of renting the venue was very reasonable, especially considering we had it for the whole weekend, and we had tons of flexibility (could set up the space however we liked, party until whenever, use any vendors). Wally (the farm owner) and Helen (on-site wedding coordinator) were an absolute delight to work with and helped us customize nearly every detail according to our preferences. I strongly recommend hiring Helen as the wedding coordinator, as she knows the space in and out, can recommend local cost-efficient vendors and does a beautiful job with the flowers and other decorations. We would definitely recommend this venue, both for the beauty of the space and the quality of service.

Sent on 10/17/2016

Stephanie · Married on 08/06/2016

in a word WOW! This place is absolutely breathtaking and was the perfect location for our rustic wedding. We wanted something different laid back and beautiful and boy oh boy did this place deliver! Wally and Helen are just awesome people which makes it great to work with them. They are so accommodating and so easy going it was a really fun planning process. I strongly recommend using Helen as your coordinator she knows the farm like the back of her hand and treats you as a priority. She handle everything for us and made my vision which was a dream into a reality. I highly recommended this place for something out of the norm that will keep people talking for years. Thanks you guys so much for everything!

Sent on 08/27/2016
  • TheRascal

Ruta · Married on 07/09/2016

In a word: PERFECT. RRVF was the absolute perfect location for our wedding on 7/9/16. The property is stunning, with breathtaking views of the Shawangunks. Our wedding was exactly what we wanted: a location with plenty of space, relaxed atmosphere, beautiful surroundings, and flexibility with our timeline. The pavilion easily fit our 140 guests, the catering stations, a big bar, and with ample room for a big dance floor and a separate area for cocktail hour. Not to mention the two sets of cornhole our guests played! We also had a late night campfire which added such a fun (and delicious) activity – roasting marshmallows! Wally and Helen are friendly, thoughtful, accommodating, and all-around awesome folks. Working with them on our DIY wedding was the best decision we made in the planning process. I highly recommend RRVF to anyone who wants a unique and beautiful wedding.

Sent on 07/12/2016

Rachel · Married on 10/10/2015

I cannot say enough about Wally Nichols and Rustic Ridge View Farm. First, the farm is absolutely beautiful. 360 Degree views of beautiful landscape, mountains and farm. There is a dreamy ceremony location atop the hill and a pavilion large enough to accommodate any size guest list and do very interesting things to fill the space. After searching for a very long time for the perfect wedding venue, Rustic Ridge was exactly what we were looking for. Working with Wally has been very refreshing! He is very responsive, kind and made time to walk thru the space with my caterer. He has been available to us throughout the whole planning process to answer any questions and accommodate all of our needs. I feel so lucky to have found Rustic Ridge View Farm and cannot wait for our Wedding in October!

Sent on 03/19/2015

Rachel · Married on 10/10/2015

We had our wedding at Rustic Ridge View Farm and I cannot say enough about the place! The most stunning ceremony ever, most gorgeous views and best of all the most wonderful service and support from owner, Wally Nichols! Wally made us feel like family and was available to me during the entire process! I am happy to answer any questions you might have about this magical place! We feel so lucky to have found it and even more lucky to have celebrated our marriage with all our family and friends at Rustic Ridge View Farm!!

Sent on 10/18/2015

Alex · Married on 08/29/2015

This is a really unique and amazing place with endless potential as a guest house, campground, horse stable, or wedding venue!

My wife and I had a long list of requirements for our wedding venue, and after an extensive search, this was the only place in all of lower New York that could accommodate them all. Some of those requirements included: large guest capacity, camping option for guests, a full weekend rental option, complete freedom over our use of the space, close proximity to nyc, the list goes on... But on top of all of that, we this farm has a magical atmosphere filled with amazing views and thriving plant and animal life.

Wally (the farm owner) and Emma (our *highly recommended* wedding coordinator) are amazing people to work with and were endlessly helpful. Their combined skills and knowledge of other great local vendors were absolutely invaluable and made all of the difference.

I can't exaggerate the number of times that I heard "Best Wedding Ever" during and after our event, so I felt very compelled to write this review. Contact me directly if you need further convincing!

Sent on 09/02/2015

Amy · Married on 06/13/2015

If you want a unique outdoor wedding, Rustic Ridge View is for you! I found RRV by accident but when we went up to visit, I fell in love. Wally showed us around, answered any questions we had, and was no-pressure. He responded promptly to any and every concern I had during the next year of wedding planning. Wally is what ultimately sold me on RRV. He was so accommodating and friendly. I was worried about my aunt who is in a wheelchair and some elderly guests getting up and down the hill, but Wally insisted that my uncle drive his car right up to the ceremony so she didn’t have trouble. He also golf-carted the elderly guests straight to the pavilion. He was so personable that tons of guests thought he was a relative of mine!

Favorites:
    - Completely customizable! You can have it as casual or formal as you want and hire absolutely any vendors you want.
    - Every single inch of the farm has beautiful rustic charm and there were so many lovely areas for photos.
    - Camping. None of our guests were local, and most are on a strict budget. We paid for the campers ourselves, so everyone appreciated not having to shell out extra for hotel rooms. However, there are hotels and other accommodations in the area so people who weren’t interested in camping could stay at the hotel nearby.
    - Privacy. No wedding factory here! No sweet 16 party happening down the hall. No wedding the next or previous day. Also, there were areas private from the main party for my husband and I to have some alone time after the ceremony.
    - No time limit. Every other place we looked at had a strict 10 or 11 pm “pull the plug” policy.
    - The cost of renting RRV for the weekend (even adding in the cost of camping) was less than half of any other place we looked at.

Overall, I have not one complaint about RRV! I would recommend that you visit the farm before planning decor, etc, and that you ask Wally tons of questions and for vendor suggestions.

Sent on 02/07/2016

LOVED this place. My guests were blown away. Unique, charming, rustic and the owner/ manager was a JOY to work with. Very flexible and gracious. He wanted us to have a great time and we did!

Sent on 12/13/2014

Rose · Married on 10/04/2014

A tucked away horse farm was the back drop for our country wedding! A truly magical place that offered spectacular views and a laid back feel to our wedding! Our guests raved about the views and sunset from the pavilion. Wally, the venue owner, went above and beyond to make sure our special day was perfect! He was easy to work with on planning and really made us feel like we were family. We can't say enough about this place, it's truly amazing!

Sent on 10/10/2014

Such a stunning place! Owner was extremely easy to work with. We loved the farm and even in the rain it was perfect.

Sent on 03/19/2015