Rust Belt Love Reviews

1 User photo

Rust Belt Love 1

Karen Healy · Married on 05/25/2019

Great to work with

Alyson was a dream to work with. Her designs are beautiful, she’s has creative ideas, her online approval and payment system was the best of any vendor I worked with for my daughter’s wedding. She offers a wide variety of services, for us she did save the date cards, invitations, seating chart and table menus. Highly recommend, plus she’s just really nice.

Sent on 06/03/2019

Jamie Colaprete · Married on 04/26/2019

Breathtaking Invitations!

As soon as our guests received our invitations in the mail, we received so much praise on the quality and design of the wedding invitations that Alyson designed just for us. I cannot count how many times we were told that the invites were beautiful.

Alyson is an absolute delight to work with. She is in constant contact with you (either via e-mail or in person) to discuss every detail of the invites. She works hand-in-hand with you on every design, font style, font colors, envelope colors, and any other detail that you want to incorporate. We had an idea of how we wanted our invitations to look, but Alyson truly blew us away with the final outcome. Invitations truly set the tone for wedding, and Rust Belt Love helped to set the tone of our beautiful wedding.

Sent on 04/27/2019
  • Robync

Robyn · Married on 10/13/2018

So happy we hired them as our day of coordinators!!

Alyson and Nick were amazing day of coordinators! We are incredibly thankful we decided to book them. We had to go with our rain plan last minute and they went above and beyond to make sure everything ran smoothly. I don’t want to think about how stressful it would have been without them. Alyson communicated with us frequently in the weeks before the wedding to make sure everything was on track with our plans and all of the various vendors. She is also an incredibly talented artist and her stationary is beautiful! Even though we wished we could have her design our invitations, there wasn’t room in our budget and she didn’t pressure us at all. She was extremely professional all the way through. We had a great experience overall and can’t recommend RBL highly enough!

Sent on 12/12/2018
  • Megan

Megan Malczewsky · Married on 04/28/2018

Love rust belt love

First Impressions start with the stationary you choose for your wedding, it's a VERY significant set of details which will enlighten your guests into the style and details you're creating for your wedding. We found Aly via Instagram and were immediately intrigued by her work. We traveled home for the Holiday's shortly after being engaged and were absolutely enchanted upon arrival. Meeting Aly was a dream come true- She was just as excited to meet us as we were to finally meet her. She really listened to our vision and helped guide us in creating an absolutely custom portfolio that WOW'ed everyone. The design was perfectly curated and had us equally excited to receive our RSVP cards (Buffalo shaped OF COURSE) back in the mail after invitations were mailed. We both felt Aly's passion for paper and genuinely warm personality through the whole process. I have since recommended her to everyone and anyone getting married and will continue to do so. We can't wait to have another life event which we will be able to use her services again.

THANK YOU A MILLION AND MORE ALY- XO M+N

Sent on 12/13/2018
    Rust Belt Love 2

Kayla · Married on 06/03/2017

Alyson and Nick do AMAZING work and are so fun to work with. We got our invitations (x2), place cards, menus, programs and welcome sign from them and couldn't be happier. We got so many compliments on the invitations, which to me is something that people don't normally remember - but they remembered these! And Alyson was there to help us send out venue change cards when our second venue fell through - she was on it immediately! Communication with Alyson was super easy and reliable, which is a breath of fresh air when working with so many vendors. I would 150% recommend Rust Belt Love to anyone looking to get invitations, stationary, signs, or any other related products for a wedding or event. Thank you Alyson and Nick for helping to make our day perfect!

Sent on 06/13/2017

Kelley · Married on 05/20/2017

Alyson was great to work with. She is incredibly talented and went above my expectations. My Save the Dates were exactly what I wanted and then some! Thank you!

Sent on 07/14/2016

Leslie · Married on 10/08/2016

Alyson & Nick created beyond gorgeous & elegant wedding invitations, customized table "numbers", place cards, and seating chart for us, we were beyond amazed with their talents. Our reception was at the Butler Mansion, Alyson sketched the stunning mansion and it was incorporated in all of our stationery! Rust Belt Love is beyond amazing, do yourself a favor and work with this awesome couple!!!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Gary · Married on 08/20/2016

Alyson and Nick went way above and beyond their contracted responsibilities to make sure the wedding was as special as it could be. Just tell them what you're looking for and they will help make it happen.

Sent on 08/31/2016

Sarah · Married on 08/12/2016

After our first meeting with Alyson, my husband and I both said she was the type of person we wanted to be friends with. She brings so much of her passion into her work, and she's so easy to talk to. For our wedding from Rust Belt Love, we got place cards, welcome cards for hotel guests, a large welcome sign for our reception, smaller signs for guests book table etc, and wine labels for our favors. And they were all STUNNING. My expectations were blown away. Alyson was super respectful of our budget, even suggesting things that would save us money. I loved knowing our details were one of a kind. We highly recommend!!

Sent on 02/15/2017

Jessica · Married on 07/23/2016

Alyson's work is flawless and one of a kind! All of my family and friends were super impressed by the beautiful shower invitations I ordered and Alyson was easy to work with! I assure you that you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Edward · Married on 07/16/2016

Rust Belt Love created a custom rehearsal dinner invitation for us featuring a sketch of our venue, a prominent Buffalo landmark building. They gave us a nice choice of styles, worked with us to get the RSVP card to our liking, and worked through several minor revisions to get the final product just the way we wanted and on time. We highly recommend Rust Belt Love!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Lauren · Married on 06/25/2016

Booking Alyson for our coordinator for our wedding was THE best decision we ever made. She was like my fairy godmother all day making sure everything ran smoothly, it all looked perfect and we were happy. She has such an eye for design and knows how to make sure it all flows, she was incredible. She was well worth the investment as I don't know what we would have done without her. I can say without a doubt our day wouldn't have been as perfect as it was without her.

Sent on 06/29/2016

Alyson was very helpful in the planning of the wedding. Her graphics are excellent. She was a real asset and I recommend her for any of the services that her business, Rust Belt Love, offers.

Sent on 08/14/2015

Taryn · Married on 11/23/2013

Aly has an incredible talent for taking something the customer wants and morphing it into a tasteful work of art. I had a LOT of ideas and Aly never said no, she was able to create a cumulative work that showcased her talents and the result was everything I had hoped for.

Aly did a lot for my wedding and the short list includes - invitations, flowers, decorating, delivery, table settings, favors, place cards, drink menus and the program from the church. She was able to pull everything together and make a theme that suited myself and my husband. She constantly reminded me to take a deep breath and enjoy the process when I was overwhelmed and she really did have everything under control.

The day of services were a god-send. She took care of all those little things that you forget about until its 5 minutes to go, like pinning the boutonnieres and getting the guest book to the reception. She even pulled from other venues like Thelma and Louise catering so we could have a bridal party brunch while getting ready. She knows the playing field and how to bring everything together, but she would never suggest anything without being asked. She loves Buffalo and it shows in her work, she's an asset to the community and Buffalo should be happy to have her. If you look at other companies who do similar printmaking you'll see what a value she is.

She is an amazing artist in several different mediums so don't be afraid to pick her brain. If I had to get married all over again, with in regards to Aly's work, I wouldn't change a thing. While I was in the process of getting married I had to move to NYC for a job change and my then fiancé came with me. We honestly couldn't have done it without her.

Sent on 12/06/2013
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 09/21/2013

Alyson did a great job listening to our needs to create an invitation suite that would set the tone of our wedding. She created something that was absolutely perfect and unique. I heard so many compliments on them once we sent them out. Last minute I also needed programs and placecards, which she put together quickly. I'd definitely recommend working with Rust Belt Love!

Sent on 10/03/2013

Samantha · Married on 08/24/2013

Even though I had a very small order to make (18 total invitations) for my small wedding, Alyson took care of me as though I needed 100's of invitations. She helped craft our vague idea of invitations into something that wowed our entire family/friends that received them. There was also an element of my culture that was tied into the invitations that Alyson took extra special care of that meant a lot to me.

I'm pretty sure we got our invitations 2-3 days before anticipated which was a nice surprise considering Alyson's workload. Everyone loved these invites!

I can't recommend Alyson/Rust Belt Love highly enough!

Sent on 11/11/2013

Lindsay · Married on 06/22/2013

We found out about Rust Belt Love through the Boutique Bridal Show. We went through countless websites to find the perfect wedding invitations, and when we couldn't find something unique we decided to use a professional designer. After meeting with Alyson we were immediately impressed. We loved her samples and her sense of design; we knew we had made a great decision. She provided us with numerous digital proofs, and when we nailed down the design we wanted, she gave us a hard copy for approval. We loved our invitations. The images were hand drawn, and 100% one of a kind. We received many compliments. Once the invitations were in the mail, we knew we wanted to have her make our programs and favor cards.

In one of our many meetings with Alyson, she listened to us stress about how worried we were with how everything would come together on our wedding day. At this time she mentioned that she provides "day off services". After we thought about it, we decided to put our minds at ease and hire her to coordinate our wedding day. Best. Decision. Ever. She contacted our vendors, worked out all of the details, and made sure everything about our day went perfect (and it did!) Up until the wedding she was always available to discuss details and responded to my emails very quickly. On our wedding day she helped set up the reception, made sure the ceremony was set up, made sure everyone was where they were supposed to be, and took everything down and packed up my car at the end. We cannot begin to describe how great of an asset she was on our wedding day. Not only does she have an incredible eye for detail, she has a great personalty and truly enjoys what she does.

Sent on 07/14/2013

Dina · Married on 02/29/2012

Alyson at Rust Belt Love was amazing!!! We wanted Harry Potter themed invitations and she totally blew us away with her amazing talent and willingness to run with such a different idea. She created a one of a kind invitation that was so "us" and perfect. They are amazing there!!!!!

Sent on 03/20/2012

Lauren · Married on 10/15/2016

2.4
      2.5
      2.5
      3.0
      3.0
      1.0

They do great work but were not great at communication and not very professional. We used them for our Save the Dates (which were ordered a month after I was emailed and told that they were ordered). I went to look at a final proof and felt like I was forced out the door so that the owner could socialize. Also parking was a pain. Sometimes she was really responsive and other times it would take her days to respond.

Sent on 12/27/2016

Rust Belt Love's reply:

I'm sorry you were so disappointed with our service. I can understand your frustration. To address several of your points:
    In reviewing the emails, the delay in ordering the Save the Dates was due to a delay in response on your part to approve the proof and confirm the quantity. Also, the time from approval to delivery was 2 weeks, not one month, which is standard for us.
    I'm sorry you felt rushed when looking at the proof, since it was March I don't remember the exact interaction but it's possible I had a meeting with another client, which is the only reason I can think of for rushing anyone out of the shop.
    As for a lack of professionalism, in reviewing your account I see that we did quite a bit of work that we were never compensated for, so I'm surprised and saddened to see you feel this way.
    Again, my apologies you were dissatisfied with your experience with us, we truly hope your wedding day was wonderful. Best of luck to you in the future.