Russell's Photography Studio Reviews

Russell's Photography Studio 6
Russell's Photography Studio 7

Merissa · Getting married on 01/04/2020

Extremely satisfied

Melissa and pj are awesome, down-to-earth people! As soon as me and my fiance met with them we knew that they were the ones for our special day!! We did our engagement shoot with them and we are so in love with our pictures!

Jacquelyn · Married on 11/02/2018

Easy & fun!

We worked with Danielle for our wedding and the experience was wonderful. Danielle was very fast, which was great because we wanted to have some outdoor shots on a very cold day in January. She was able to capture some beautiful moments in no time at all. She made goofy noises that made the kids smile, too. We were so pleased with her professionalism and then we got the photos—Wow! She sent us the link to preview the photos only a few days after the wedding and the results were fantastic. Highly recommend!

• Laura

Laura · Married on 10/20/2018

So happy we had Russell's photograph our wedding!

We could not be happier with our chose to use Russell's on our wedding day! They made sure we got all the shots we wanted, did it quickly so we didn't miss anything and made it fun! We just got our pictures back and can not stop looking at them, they came out amazing! Thank you Thank you!

• mtall912

Mary Lynn · Married on 10/13/2018

Wedding 10-13-18

My photographers were amazing. They made sure everything was perfect and that we got every picture we wanted. I couldn't be more happy! Thank you!

Kalie · Married on 09/28/2018

Best photographers hands down!

I can’t even begin to say enough about Russell’s Photography, who originally did my senior pictures 8 years ago so I knew since 2010 who I was going with for my wedding photographer. Lisa and Kelly were SO fun on the day of my wedding 9/28/18 and shot so many great photos. Lisa came to my home where the girls were getting ready. We took many pictures there, then headed to Edgerton Park in Hamden/New Haven for first look. Lisa shot me by myself for a few minutes, capturing my beautiful gown, veil, hair, makeup and bouquet. She then captured the true “first look” between my husband and I as we laughed at each other, which made the atmosphere even lighter and more fun. Kelly was excellent, throwing my veil and dress in the air so Lisa could capture gorgeous pictures. Kelly also was great with all the guys beforehand. 11/10 I would recommend these talented individuals, myself and many guests can’t stop talking about how beautiful all the pictures came out. I can’t wait to get our wedding album and wall decor!

Russell's Photography Studio 8
    Russell's Photography Studio 14
  • Rachel

Rachel Ignoto · Married on 09/21/2018

Best Wedding Decision!

Hiring Russell’s for my wedding on 9/21/18 at Aria was the best decision. I absolutely love all of my pictures and the albums are just amazing. I thought I would have to wait a long time for my pictures but they were all ready before I was even back from my honeymoon. They even had pictures the night of the wedding which blew everyone away. Danielle and PJ were amazing the day of the wedding and were so fun to work with. Danielle was so helpful during the entire planning process. I am so happy I choose Russell’s and would 100% recommend them to anyone

Erika · Married on 08/24/2018

Russell's did an outstanding job, they are wonderful and talented photographers, they put together an amazing slideshow that same night of my wedding and had ok our guests in tears because it was such a touching slideshow of our wedding that day I highly recommend them there work is just beautiful

erin · Married on 07/21/2018

We had the pleasure of working with Danielle for our wedding day and she was amazing! From the pre-wedding meeting to her responsiveness before and after the wedding as well as her amazing speediness and organization during the wedding we couldn't have been more satisfied!

Maxine · Married on 07/06/2018

I had the PLEASURE of working with Melissa and Lisa on my wedding day. They went BEYOND the duty of their job to get the perfect shot. There is so much talent and experience behind them. Both photographers were engaging, able to get us to laugh especially when I needed it the most!!!! And personable. The night of my wedding, my DJ created an “live edit” which included photos that were taken that night.. words could not even express the thoughts going through my mind when I first saw the preview photos of what these women created. Hands down, I recommend Russell’s without any hesitation.

• Marcello

Marcello Mancuso · Married on 06/28/2018

Excellent photos

Russell’s did an amazing job capturing every moment of our wedding! We couldn’t be happier with the photos. They were very professional and really helped make our day so special!

Lauren · Married on 05/19/2018

Russell's photography is the BEST! From the very beginning when we met them at a wedding expo, they treated us like we were part of their family! PJ and Lisa photographed our wedding at The Woodwinds on May 19,2018. They were so easy to work with and they had us laughing the whole time. Although we did not get to take pictures at our first choice spot for the first looks because of weather, PJ recommended another location and it was absolutely beautiful. They also captured some AMAZING pictures in the rain. Pictures were shared with us within a week of the wedding. I would highly recommend Russell's Photography for any engaged couples looking for a photographer to capture engagement photos and wedding photos! Thanks again Russell's for an unforgettable experience!
    Lauren 5.19.18

Jessica · Married on 04/27/2018

Russell's is absolutely amazing! We love the photos from our wedding! We received them in about a week with editing. We had so much fun with PJ and Kelly at the Aqua Turf. They're really fun and professional and our day would not have been as perfect without them! They really put in a lot of effort to make your day amazing!

Michelle · Married on 04/21/2018

Danielle & Lisa were AMAZING to work with! They worked well together and with us, great ideas, great energy! Fast turn around with proofs and images!

Nicole · Married on 12/31/2017

I had the pleasure of working with russels for our big day! And it was nothing but amazing! Our pictures came out phenomenal, our Photogropher’s were nothing but the best. I felt so comfortable at every point in the night, from our first look to the live edit russels made our night one to remember!

Russell's Photography Studio 15
    Russell's Photography Studio 20
    Russell's Photography Studio 21
    Russell's Photography Studio 22

Brittany · Married on 12/03/2017

5 Stars isn’t enough when it comes to Russells. We had PJ and Melissa for photographers. They both made us feel so special the entire day and took so much time making sure our photos came out perfect. I had given them a collage of photos I found that I liked with different poses just to give them an idea of what I was looking for. Not only did I get every picture pose I showed them but over a thousand more of absolutely gorgeous photos. There was not one photo that I wasn’t happy with. They have an incredible talent. Danielle went above and beyond when it came to my photo book and any prints I wanted. If I emailed her I heard back within 2 hours. I HIGHLY recommend Russells photography. There was not one negative thing about my entire experience. Thank you to Danielle, PJ, and Melissa for making our day even better and for giving us such beautiful photos to look back on for the rest of our lives.

Mallory · Married on 09/30/2017

If you're looking for a photographer, stop now and go with Russells Photography Studio! From the minute I first called them, the experience has been amazing! My wedding was 4 days ago and I already have my photos! Danielle was AMAZING to work with! She made sure to cater to exactly what we wanted, and damn did she do it well! We told her we didn't want to spend hours on solo photos, we wanted to get the essentials done and then enjoy the rest of our evening and she did just that! She was a machine! She was SO organized and directed our families assertively and did it with grace. We loved it! And did I mention we had our dog with us for part of our first look, the ceremony, and cocktail hour and danielle was amazing with her too, keeping her entertained and got her to look at the camera in every photo! Overall it was the greatest day and a major part of that is due to Danielle. Keeping us on time (and early) all day, and even remembering to do things I told her I wanted at our meeting but I forgot the day of. Thank you Danielle!!!

Russell's Photography Studio 23
    Russell's Photography Studio 24
    Russell's Photography Studio 25

Sara · Married on 09/23/2017

I recently got married in September at Anthony's Ocean View, using Russell's Photography was the best choice we made. Danielle was absolutely amazing. She was extremely professional and fun! My entire bridal party and all of the guests loved her! She was sooo easy to work with and wanted to do whatever she could to ensure our day went perfect and smooth. The initial meeting was awesome to go over exactly what we wanted for the day of our wedding.. down to who exactly we wanted to have pictures with. She got every single shot. We had all of our edited pictures back by the time we got back from our mini honeymoon, and within a month if not less we had a proof started for us to work with! Danielle went back and forth with me a million times changing our wedding album to make it exactly what I had wanted!!! I can not say enough about her and I would not hesitate to tell all of my friends and family about her =)

Taylor · Married on 08/31/2017

If you are looking for kind, personable and great photographers please check them out! They not only gave us great pictures, but we have gained a friendship with them! Thank you Danielle and PJ for everything! We will be using you for all of our future milestones !

Danielle · Married on 08/05/2017

Our decision to choose Russell's for our wedding was so easy! Danielle has the best personality, is so talented at what she does, and was truly an inspiration to have with us on our wedding day! Our pictures were fabulous! Our guests were impressed! I can't wait to work with her again for future family-members' wedding days!

Barbara · Married on 06/30/2017

I have now worked with Danielle for three weddings, one of which was just recently my own...and again all I can say is WOW! She is amazing and her second photographer was just as amazing!! Since I had already worked with Danielle I was not concerned about being comfortable in front of the camera-however my now husband was not so thrilled. We set up our engagement photos just so he could get ready for our wedding day and Danielle was AMAZINGGGG..She made us both so comfortable and we had a great time that day. To no surprise our wedding day was spectacular and our photos are unreal!! Very professional, very sweet, patient, and just all around amazing! When you book with Russell's-especially with Danielle you will have no worries the day of your wedding! She sits with you prior and checks in with you the day of to make sure she has it all. My only regret is that I did not make a list of which photos/and who I wanted them with...you don't think of everything that day like you think you will. Book with them--it will not be a mistake! Cannot wait for more photos with them! Thank you will never be enough <3

• User5208828 · 1+ year ago

Choosing Russell’s was one of the easiest and best decisions we made while wedding planning. We came across Russell's by looking at photo books at venues. We were impressed by the consistent quality of the pictures and style of photography so we wrote down their name for future reference. We eventually went to a bridal show with the intention of stopping by the Russell’s booth to gather more information. At the bridal show, we spoke with Danielle and instantly knew she was who we wanted to work with. She was so nice and we could tell how passionate she was about the work she does. In such a short amount of time, we had a great deal of confidence in her talents. Fast forward to our wedding day, we were so fortunate to get to work with Danielle and Kelly. We couldn’t have asked for two better people to work with! They were ready to go the minute our limo pulled up to the venue. They both worked so hard to capture every great moment throughout the night and always made sure that every detail in each of the formal portraits was perfect. We really appreciated the time they took to make sure that they got every shot we requested, especially all of the family photos. Throughout the night and even after, we heard so many compliments on how great of a job the photographers did and everyone was so excited to see the pictures because they were very confident that Danielle and Kelly had captured some amazing shots. The turnaround time for getting all of our pictures was so quick. We were so excited to see all of the pictures as soon as we got back from our honeymoon. Going through the pictures, the talent that Danielle and Kelly have was so evident. They did an amazing job capturing all of the emotions we experienced throughout the day and allowed us to relive every perfect moment throughout the night. Danielle and Kelly, thank you for everything. We can't wait to work with you again in the future and recommend you to all of our friends as they plan their weddings!

Deana · Married on 06/10/2017

Lisa was such a pleasure to work with. We really got a chance to know her and her style during our engagement shoot at Gouveia Vineyard (which I highly recommend). I got all of my jitters about being in front of the camera out, I was able to see what poses and positions worked best for us as a couple, and I got a change to see Lisa’s style, which all made things run so smoothly on my wedding day. Lisa patiently answered all of my one million questions, and took the time we needed to feel comfortable, confident and informed about the process. Her reassurance made me confident that everything was in the hands of the professionals, and that my only job was to relax and enjoy my wedding day. Our pictures were absolutely stunning. As a biracial couple with very different skin colors, we were pleased with her expertise at making sure both of us appeared just right in all of our pictures. I can’t speak highly enough of the pictures Lisa took. The angles, the lighting…Lisa made it look so easy, and yet took the most amazing shots! She was reliable, dependable, professional and friendly. Our wedding pictures were ready in no time, and the sample layout of our wedding album was ready by the time we got back from our honeymoon! Russell Photography was the best choice-I am so glad we chose to work with them. We wholeheartedly recommend them for your big day!

Aylin · Married on 05/21/2017

I met PJ ( owner of the Russell Photography ) at the Wedding Expo in Hartford CT. I'm so thankful that I listened to my fiancé ( now husband ) and stopped by their booth. PJ is such a sweetheart. He is very talented, professional and you can see his passion thru his work.
    I had 2 photo shooters on my wedding day and PJ was my main shooter. He spent the whole day with my bridal party. I forgot some of the poses that I wanted him to capture but he didn't.. He made sure we got them all.

I also had a chance to work with Danielle ( PJ's wife and co-owner ) when I did my engagement sessions with them. Danielle's personality is larger then this world. She is simply amazing. Very easy going, easy to talk to and definitely shared the same vision as me. I usually get nervous relying on other people but I honestly never doubted their capabilities. I never had to worry about my Photographer and you will be in good hands too.
    Danielle is also a " baby whisperer " she is great with babies and children. I haven't reached to that stage of my life yet; however once that comes I know that I will only choose Russell Photography for my sessions in the future events!!

Cory · Married on 05/13/2017

Fantastic group of photographers to work with. They are professional and easy going. It was an incredible day for our weeding and they did better than expected. The pictures took my breath away. Thank you for capturing our in a way we didn't know we could!

Julianne · Married on 09/30/2016

We are so happy that we chose Russell's to do our wedding photos! They were super organized on the day of, and made the day go off without a hitch! They were great with helping me get around with my dress and wrangling everyone in for pictures. Our wedding just two short weeks ago and we already have our sneak peak and full list of photos! We are blown away with how amazing they came out, and are so happy with their service! Would highly recommend to any bride looking for a great wedding photographer!