Russell Newton Productions Reviews

12 | Clemson, SC

12 Reviews for Russell Newton Productions

Hannah · Married on 04/27/2018

Russell did an incredible job DJing our rehearsal dinner after party! I was confident he would do a great job during our first phone call. He created an awesome environment while requiring very little from my husband and I. Every song we asked him to play he played! The dance floor was packed all night long. Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/20/2018

caroline · Married on 01/26/2018

Russell was so helpful and professional from the beginning of our process to the end. We wanted to find someone that we actually wanted to spend time with on our special day, and also we wanted someone who really loved what they did. Russell and his team were exactly that. We used him for all audio services, DJ, and videography. They KILLED It! Everyone keeps talking about how much fun they had at our wedding and the video was a dream.

Sent on 05/16/2018

Nick · Married on 07/08/2017

Russell and his team CRUSHED it at our wedding! They bring energy, professionalism, and personality to every aspect. They took our requests and specifications happily and made our reception perfect for me and my wife. I would highly recommend.

Sent on 11/07/2017

Lynsey · Married on 06/04/2017

We loved Russell! He was super nice and helpful. He really listened to every request or detail. He did the best job and we highly recommend him!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Morgan · Married on 05/26/2017

WOW! I can't tell you enough how great Russell was! I was very serious about having a fun DJ that got the party going and he blew those expectations out of the water. So easy to work with and such a reasonable price. He made our day one we will never forget!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Laura · Married on 06/30/2016

i couldn't be more pleased with the video that Russell created for us. We had a secret ceremony that he recorded. He then put together a small snipet to show at a party 2 days later, where we made the announcement that we'd gotten married. He captured the reaction of our friends and family and the events of the party and combined it with our ceremony to create an unbelievable video. It's something that we will treasure forever.

Sent on 12/15/2016

Lauren · Married on 06/04/2016

Russell was incredible to work with, going into our first meeting with him I had no clue who would be performing for my ceremony and I just in talking with him about wedding plans that fact came up he right away jumped into how he could do that for us, as well as run our music for the reception, and also run the sound for the ceremony while playing the music for it. His professionalism impressed me every step of the way. He thought through every little detail and many details that had not even entered my mind. Of all the parts of my wedding, be that food, photographer, or flowers I can honestly say that the music was one thing that I have zero complaints on. He came very prepared both day of the wedding and to the dress rehearsal. My ceremony was outside and he did an excellent job with the sound and prevent wind to get in the way of the ceremony. All in all, Russell did an excellent job and I could not have been more satisfied with the work he did, highly recommend him.

Sent on 12/15/2016

Charlie-Paige · Married on 05/27/2016

Russell Newton Productions was a great addition to our wedding day! Russell met with me in person a couple of months before the wedding day to discuss my expectations and his pricing. He worked with my budget and I was able to get what I wanted for a price that we could afford. Everything went great night of. Russell did an amazing job of managing tension with family and focusing on what we wanted as the groom and the bride. We had a great experience with Russell Newton Productions and would recommend them to anyone searching for production services for their event!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Amanda · Married on 04/09/2016

My husband and I had a great experience with Russell through the whole process of planning the music during our reception. He took in all of our requests and plans (as we are both specific on our music as we both love it so much) and made each moment perfect the whole evening right down to the last moment. He made me, the bride, feel very at ease and I never worried that people were having fun as people NEVER stopped dancing! Best day of our lives made better by Russell Newton Productions!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Gail · Married on 05/27/2017

We are so very pleased with the DJ services Russelll Newton provided at our daughter's wedding this past weekend. He was professional and responsive in the planning process. He was on time with his arrival and set up. The music he played was great and got the people on their feet and dancing. A great time was had by all. Thanks so much, Russell!

Sent on 06/02/2017

Hillary · Married on 03/10/2018

3.5

Russell is great at what he does! I had no worries on my wedding day because of his planning and execution. He did audio for the ceremony which was excellent with no glitches. He also DJed for the reception and took note of all my requests! He made the day stress free! Reasonably priced and worth every penny to work with such a sweet young man!

Sent on 05/22/2018
  • Kelsey

Kelsey Dickel · Married on 10/13/2018

3.6
      2.0
      2.0

Good Enough

We hired a DJ through Russell Newton named Brandon, and he did a good job for what we needed throughout the night. We didn't have much dancing at our wedding, but I think that was more due to the age of my crowd and the slightly tilted dance floor we ended up having. I do have serious complaints about the amount of communication between Russell and myself. It would oftentimes be a week or longer before I would hear back on questions or requests, and I found that quite stressful during the planning process.

My other complaint really is mostly my own fault. We hired the DJ to play between 5:30 and 10:30 right after dinner. The plan was to do toasts at 5:30 using the microphone and go straight into our first dance before opening the floor up. Dinner ran quite late and we didn't end up starting toasts until well after 6:30. I wish I had realized what was going on in the moment, because in that time we had no music and I feel like I wasted a lot of money. I'm sure that if I had asked Brandon, he would have started to play something, but we had designated a point person ahead of time and I wish that they had checked in with them.

Sent on 10/19/2018