Running Hare Vineyard Reviews

Running Hare Vineyard 5
Running Hare Vineyard 6
Running Hare Vineyard 7

Tjones · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Don't hesitate to book with Running Hare!

Our wedding at Running Hare Vineyard on April 27, 2019 was amazing! The venue itself is absolutely beautiful! We used the pergola to have an outdoor ceremony and then went into the Tuscan Villa to have the indoor cocktail hour/reception - we had the best of both worlds! There was enough parking for all 110 guests and even though there was another wine event at RH. The other band did not play 30 minutes before our wedding and we didn't hear a peep during or after our ceremony.

The management was great. Taylor was a joy to work with always answering questions even when she was off. She was there the day of just to make sure that everything ran smoothly. For the price you can't beat it.

The Villa was amazing to use as well. We had an 8-piece band, photo booth, cake area, and 4 food stations, 110 guests and there was plenty of room to move around.

The best part was that our dog (chocolate Lab) was allowed to be on the property at the ceremony to be the ring pup. RH worked with us to allow him to get pictures at the end as well.

The pictures were great and the entire event was amazing.

Don't hesitate to book your wedding at RH!

Sent on 05/23/2019
    Running Hare Vineyard 12
    Running Hare Vineyard 13
    Running Hare Vineyard 14
    Running Hare Vineyard 15

Hi Tiffany,
    We appreciate your kind words and we are so glad to hear that your wedding day was all that you could imagine! We wish you all the best!
    - Taylor & on behalf of Running Hare Vineyard
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 09/06/2019

A little bit of Italy in Maryland

Running Hare Vineyard was the perfect place for our wedding. It was gorgeous and so convenient to have the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all at on venue. The bridal suite was absolutely adorable as well. They had great recommendations for vendors and everything went perfectly. Taylor was so easy to work with and very responsive with all of our questions leading up to the wedding day!

Sent on 09/21/2019
  • Jane

Jane · Married on 06/02/2019

A perfect venue for our wedding

We got married on June 2, 2019, and we both agreed that we couldn't have chosen a better place to get married. The venue was simply beautiful, and all our guests agreed that Running Hare and the wedding was gorgeous. As other brides/grooms have mentioned, there is plenty of parking next to the ceremony site and a walkway leading up to the reception site. The Bridal Suite was also an added plus, and the timeline went without a hitch. You do need to purchase wine, but the Sangiovese, Pinot Grigio, and Rose were well-loved by our guests.

Taylor was wonderful to work with, and I highly recommend using Ken's Creative Kitchen as the caterer (on their approved vendors list). Trust me, you won't regret it.

I do want to mention to brides that if you are having a June outdoor wedding in Maryland to be prepared for the chance of rain! We got lucky and were able to avoid the rain during the ceremony (we got the lucky rain and a rainbow during the reception!), but the forecast definitely had me stressed leading up to the date!

Sent on 06/08/2019
    Running Hare Vineyard 16
  • Tina

Tina · Married on 11/10/2018

Beautiful Ceremony & Reception Sites!

We just got married last Saturday! It was cold and sunny the day of but it was still beautiful. I highly recommend getting married here in the fall because the foliage made the pictures and video that much better.

Sent on 11/16/2018

Running Hare Vineyard's reply:

Thank you Tina! We are so happy that you chose RHV to host this very special day! I'm glad that you enjoyed the beautiful Fall day in our vineyard :) Congratulations once again!
  • Maralee

Maralee Csellar · Married on 11/03/2018

An amazing experience

Running Hare Vineyards has the best of both worlds. A quaint outdoor spot for an intimate ceremony and an indoor reception area with breathtaking views. The portico was a great place for the pre-reception cocktail party. The views of the vineyard from the reception villa are amazing, especially with the sun setting.

Sent on 12/22/2018
    Running Hare Vineyard 17
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 08/10/2018

Running Hare Vineyard was the perfect venue for us. A little piece of Tuscany secretly nestled in suburbia, the venue and ceremony site are incredibly gorgeous. When we first booked in 2016, Barb answered all of our questions and allowed us a tasting after we booked. The wedding coordinator is now Maura and she is amazing. She took us through another tour with family, a final walk through, and tastings for family as well! She also worked through my many questions and requests and was SO easy to work with throughout the wedding process. Our first look occurred in the new beautiful, (tastefully) overgrown grape vine arbor - we couldn't have chosen a more beautiful and intimate spot. The vineyard was in full bloom for all of our pictures, and I can't wait to see them! Overall, this venue was perfect for us on our big day.

Sent on 08/21/2018

Hillary · Married on 06/09/2018

Running Hare was an amazing venue. They were willing to give me as many tours as needed and were extremely accommodating.

Sent on 06/30/2018

Running Hare Vineyard's reply:

Thank you Hillary! We hope to see you again soon!

Lori · Married on 11/18/2017

Running Hare was the first and only wedding venue that we visited. I fell in love with it. They made planning very easy and recommended the perfect caterer to help make our wedding day perfect. You have to buy 4 cases of wine but we didn’t mind. Our guests drink lots of wine and the caterer made a delicious sangria with their Jack Rabbit red. It was a magical day and worth every penny.

Sent on 12/09/2017
    Running Hare Vineyard 18
    Running Hare Vineyard 19
    Running Hare Vineyard 20

Nocola · Married on 11/12/2016

Our experience with Running Hare Vineyard for our daughter's wedding on Saturday, November 12, 2016 was amazing. The ceremony site was so beautiful with the fall foliage as the backdrop. The main events building set the stage for the Tuscan vibe that the happy couple was seeking. The uplighting made for a welcoming atmosphere for family and friends in attendance. The Riesling and Sangiovese wines complimented the meal perfectly. Barbara was amazing. She answered every question I had in a timely fashion. Thank you so much for helping us put on a wonderful event.
    Nocola Williams (mother of the bride)

Sent on 11/14/2016

Running Hare Vineyard's reply:

Thank you for letting me be a part of this amazing day! Please come back and visit!!

Tindy · Married on 10/07/2016

From our first wine tasting at Running Hare we were in love with the place. It is beautiful and secluded, and we could not have been any happier with our ceremony and reception. Barb was amazing to work with, always responsive and caring. MD Country Caterers is their exclusive vendor and they were top notch! Cannot wait to get our wedding photos back, we know they will be amazing as well! Thank you Barb for a perfect wedding, it was everything we had dreamed of!

Sent on 10/11/2016

Running Hare Vineyard's reply:

Thank you Tindy! Please come back and visit!!

Gabrielle · Married on 09/24/2016

Me and my husband Robb loved Running Hare Vineyard since the moment we first looked at it for our venue! We didn't even take 24 hours to make a decision before we reached out to Barb to reserve for our date! Even better is we can continue to visit as our special place. Barb was great! She always responded quickly whenever there was a question we had. Everyone took such great care of us. Maryland country caterers was amazing from day 1. They went above and beyond and I can't thank them enough for taking such good care of us and preparations. Barb also had many amazing vendor recommendations. We were married here 1 week ago and it was absolutely beautiful. I couldn't picture a better place to get married! Highly recommend for a wedding venue!

Sent on 10/01/2016

Running Hare Vineyard's reply:

Thank you Gabi, it was my pleasure!! Please come back and visit us!

Lauren · Married on 08/10/2016

My husband and I recently got married at Running Hare and perfection describes every moment of our wedding; from the flowers, food and decor I wouldn't have changed a thing. The landscape of this venue is unlike anything else you are going to find in Southern Maryland. It's a hidden gem! The entire planning process was seamless with the knowledge owner Barb Scarborough was able to offer. I planned my entire wedding in one month a task that seemed impossible at first. I would have never of been able to pull off my wedding in such short notice without the amazing staff from Maryland Country Catering and Running Hare Vineyard.

Sent on 09/22/2016

Running Hare Vineyard's reply:

Lauren, you were our first Wedding Wednesday!! It was our pleasure to work with you and help you plan your wedding!

Melissa · Married on 06/18/2016

The first time I visited this venue it was raining, and it was beautiful. I thought to myself, if this place is still gorgeous in the rain then it would be just as lovely no matter what the weather on the big day. And on the big day the weather gods smiled down on us and all of our guests gushed over the site. The vineyard is perfection. The patio provides views over the grape vines, rose bushes, and lavender all while being covered in case a storm pops up. The ballroom is open and spacious; the space, inside and out, practically decorates itself.

We met with the owner, Barbara, who won us over within a minute - giving a lot of personal attention and making us feel like we've known her for years. It made it easy to trust her and to work with her.

We only went to one other vineyard afterour first visit and there was no comparison. We had to use Running Hare and we had no regrets. We live almost an hr and a half away but drove down serveral times just to enjoy the wine and scenery. This will be a place I look forward to going back to now that the deed is done!

They work exclusively with Maryland Country Caterers and while some people may find this restrictive, I truly found them to be the dream team. There was nothing they couldn't or wouldn't do to make our dreams happen and for that I am so grateful. I cannot recommend them enough. My guests were blown away, as were we. I may be bias... but I think it was the best wedding I've ever been to!

Sent on 06/26/2016

Running Hare Vineyard's reply:

Thank you Melissa; it was my pleasure! I look forward to seeing you and Pablo back in the vineyard!

Stephanie · Married on 06/04/2016

There are not even enough words to describe the beauty of RHV! Our wedding day was everything we could have ever wanted! Barb was very attentive and helped us make big decisions regarding wine selections, she got us everything we needed for the wedding day! The amount of compliments that we got on the choice of venue for our wedding was incredible, now we just can't wait to see the pictures! Thank you RHV!

Sent on 06/28/2016
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 05/28/2016

Words can't express how happy we are to have selected Running Hare to celebrate the Union of our marriage with our family and friends. The vineyard is absolutely breathtaking and Barbara was so sweet and wonderful to work with. Our wedding day was amazing and working with the exclusive catering company was a dream. They also helped make our wedding day unforgettable. We recommend Running Hare not only for their wine but for anyone who is looking for the perfect venue. We couldn't have asked for more!

Sent on 05/31/2016
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 05/21/2016

We absolutely LOVED everything about Running Hare Vineyard. We had made several site visits prior to seeing RHV and had a few more in mind, but after our initial visit and meeting with the owner Barb, we knew this was the place for us. Running Hare exclusively works with Maryland Country Caterers, which is often a turn off for a venue, but after speaking with Dave of MCC for the first time on the phone I felt completely at ease with working with them. Barb was absolutely fantastic work with -- very kind and enthusiastic, always professional and quick to respond to any emails or phone calls. I also had every bride's worst nightmare -- 100% heavy rain in the forecast for your wedding weekend. As soon as I knew it would be inevitable that there would be at least some rain on our big day, Barb and our amazing team of vendors (which was predominantly comprised of Barb's recommendations) went straight to work in contacting one another to work out a plan to make everything wonderful and reached out to me to let me know they had everything covered and not to worry... and boy did they deliver! While we still got a bit of outdoor photos, we opted to have the ceremony indoors so our guests were sure to be comfortable and they did such a brilliant job of making the indoor ceremony magical and gorgeous. It was definitely better than anything I would have imagined after having to make the call to opt out of their gorgeous outdoor site. We adore the entire Running Hare Vineyard and extended team and can't wait to visit again this summer to enjoy the scenery and atmosphere some more.

Sent on 07/03/2016

Pey and Leon · Married on 04/30/2016

We just had our wedding at the Running Hare Vineyard on April 30, 2016 and it was more beautiful than we could have ever imagined! This was the first vineyard we visited when we were still deciding on a venue early on in the planning process. It literally took our breath away. We pretty much decided that we were going to have our wedding here as soon as we stepped out the car, and was sold at the end of our first meeting with Barb. We had a list of vineyards to visit that day, but at the end of the day, they all paled in comparison and we sealed the deal with Barb soon after.

Barb was an absolute pleasure to work with. Quick to respond, transparent, and super sweet to top it off. During our first meeting, she gave us a cheat sheet with recommended vendors which turned out to be very helpful in the planning process. Barb only works with the best so it made finding the other vendors much easier. She has an exclusive partnership with Maryland Country Caterers and while some may find that restrictive, we personally found that it made our lives easier since we didn't have to shop around for one. Plus, the catering company was amazing! Will write a separate review for them but they seriously took a lot of stress away from us. We truly had a spectacular, heart warming wedding at this vineyard. We received many compliments from our guests who were floored by the picturesque views, delicious food, and stellar service.

We would highly recommend the Running Hare Vineyard to any couple looking for a charming venue for what we felt like was a very reasonable value!!

Sent on 05/06/2016

Lauren · Married on 04/29/2016

Where can I begin...there are so many wonderful things to say about RHV. I had been to RHV for public wine tastings and events many times before venue searching, and so I knew about the vineyard already and its beauty. However, I had known a few couples who had gotten married there and initially wanted to look elsewhere to be "different." My husband and I visited nearly ten venues all over the MD/VA/PA area, but there was always something that wasn't quite perfect. Finally, I decided to consider RHV since we were both exhausted from searching. RHV may have been our final resort, BUT it's safe to say we saved the best for last. I had never met Barbara before, but she was the sweetest thing. Even before leaving our initial consult, I knew it was where we wanted to get married, despite my initial reservations. Of course we chose the venue in our backyard after weeks of searching elsewhere!

Throughout the planning process, Barb was so accommodating and helpful with all our questions. We originally booked a date for October 2016, but due to some personal family events, we decided to move the date up to April. Barb never hesitated in helping us choose a new date, and it made us so relieved that we didn't have to worry about having to find a different venue to accommodate our new timeline.

The venue itself is so picturesque; you'll never believe you're in southern MD. The reception hall is beautiful, as well. All our out-of-town guests couldn't stop talking about how lovely everything was.

We can't thank RHV and Barb enough for making our wedding day so perfect! Don't hesitate to book here!

Sent on 05/09/2016

Lisa · Married on 10/09/2015

We could not have been happier with our choice of wedding locations. We loved it from the minute we drove up the vineyard road and saw the beautiful views. Running Hare Vineyard exceeded our expectations! We had an October wedding and the weather was perfect. Barb helped us pick a ceremony time that was timed with the sunset. It was beautiful! Our guests had an amazing time and are still talking about the location! We felt it was well-priced for everything that you get.

Sent on 02/15/2016

Katie · Married on 10/03/2015

This was the wedding of our dreams. We booked this venue three years in advance because we loved it so much. Barbara and Maryland Country Caterers were so easy to work with. Everything went smoothly and they constantly stayed in communication with us throughout the planning period. It rained on our wedding day, but the whole experience was still amazing. While this venue was only an hour from my home, majority of my relatives and friends stayed for the weekend because it felt like a destination wedding. We received nothing but compliments about the venue and staff. Thank you again!

Sent on 10/22/2015

RHV really worked with me! Excellent location the ONLY thing I wish was different was if they allowed a choice of caterers.

Sent on 03/29/2015

Michele · Married on 05/23/2015

I cannot express enough how glad I am that we found this vineyard. It’s obviously been designed specifically with weddings in mind, and Barb was fantastic to work with. After visiting, the other locations we saw (mostly pricy hotel venues in DC, and a few other vineyards) just didn’t stand up. When she mentioned that, almost a year and a half out!! that her May dates were almost entirely booked, we decided to sign and send our deposit.

I should note that we saw the Running Hare in December and still fell in love with it; it only gets better when the flowers start blooming. Barb kept promising us so many things – beautiful vines, rose bushes, fantastic summer lighting – and at the time I accepted she was probably exaggerating. I was wrong!!! Even the pictures of the venue don’t do it justice for how pretty the day of our wedding actually turned out. Capping each vine row with a red rose bush makes the whole scene look like a post card picture. Our guests were practically bewildered by the gorgeous vineyard.

There are some aspects that we loved that others might find limits their flexibility – she only allows one caterer, the Maryland Country Caterers. And weddings are recommended to begin at 6PM so you don’t compete with the wine tasting crowd (which is HUGE in May/June). We planned an evening wedding, so that didn’t bother us. And let me take a moment to gush – the Maryland Country Caterers are simply amazing! They do all the prep, set-up, clean-up, you name it they do it. Linens and centerpieces and decorations, done! Dave and Jennifer literally bent over backwards to make sure everything was exactly the way I wanted it, still within my budget. Their staff is well trained and incredibly courteous and professional. Plus they’re so familiar with the venue, it was clear they all knew exactly what to do. As far as package deals go, this is the best!

Thank you Barb for a wonderful, unforgettable wedding!

Sent on 06/03/2015

Running Hare Vineyard's reply:

It was my pleasure!! Please come back and visit us!

Melissa · Married on 03/14/2015

There aren't enough positive things that I can say about Barbara and the team at Running Hare Vineyard. My husband and I just got married there two weeks ago (March 14) and the only negative thing I can really say is that the rain forced us to have the entire event inside - which honestly was my biggest nightmare - yet still, it came out great! I booked the venue over the summer (June 2014) and I bothered Barbara ALL year with a million questions and concerns and she always answered right away and always made me feel like all my concerns were very important (even though most were silly, lets be honest - neurotic brides!). The venue requires you to purchase a minimum of 4 cases of wine from the vineyard - this came out to be rather expensive (over $1K), but the venue rental itself is VERY reasonable, especially in comparison to other venues surrounding the DC area, so it's absolutely worth it. Plus, the wine is delicious and if you run out during the reception it's on site to order more.

Prince Frederick itself isn't the greatest town (sorry, Barb!) but Solomon's Island isn't very far away, and there is a lot of local hiking and a golf course, so there's enough to keep guests occupied throughout the weekend. Very happy we had our wedding at the Running Hare - beautiful venue all around!

Sent on 03/29/2015

Angie · Married on 10/12/2014

We could not be more pleased with Running Hare Vineyard as the location for our daughter's wedding ceremony and reception. Barb and her staff were very accommodating and responsive throughout the entire booking process. The wedding was in October and the vineyard could not have been more beautiful. We would definitely recommend RHV to anyone seeking a vineyard venue in SOMD.

Sent on 10/21/2014