74 Reviews for Running Hare Vineyard

Covered Outdoor (1)
Scenic Views (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
74 Running Hare Vineyard Reviews

Running Hare was an amazing venue. They were willing to give me as many tours as needed and were extremely accommodating.

Profile Picture Hillary, 6/9/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Running Hare was the first and only wedding venue that we visited. I fell in love with it. They made planning very easy and recommended the perfect caterer to help make our wedding day perfect. You have to buy 4 cases of wine but we didn’t mind. Our guests drink lots of wine and the caterer made a delicious sangria with their Jack Rabbit red. It was a magical day and worth every penny.

Profile Picture Lori, 11/18/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, House Wine, Specialty Wine

I grew up in Maryland but my husband and I met in Italy so Running Hare Vineyard was the perfect venue for us! It really feels like you are in Tuscany. The vineyard and the brand new ceremony site are beautiful!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
3.8

The venue is absolutely beautiful!!!!! My guests could not stop telling me how beautiful a venue Running Hare was. The venue is basically just a location, their exclusive caterer Maryland Country Caterers takes care of all the heavy lifting to make your day special.

Profile Picture natalie, 7/29/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: House Wine, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor
4.7

Our wedding is in July of this year however I must say that I have no complaints about Running Hare Vineyard thus far. The owner and her staff were very responsive via both email and phone. I strongly would recommend Running Hare.

Profile Picture Terry , 7/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our experience with Running Hare Vineyard for our daughter's wedding on Saturday, November 12, 2016 was amazing. The ceremony site was so beautiful with the fall foliage as the backdrop. The main events building set the stage for the Tuscan vibe that the happy couple was seeking. The uplighting made for a welcoming atmosphere for family and friends in attendance. The Riesling and Sangiovese wines complimented the meal perfectly. Barbara was amazing. She answered every question I had in a timely fashion. Thank you so much for helping us put on a wonderful event.
Nocola Williams (mother of the bride)

Profile Picture Nocola, 11/12/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The ambiance was made our day beautiful making our fairy tale come to reality. The owners were so easy to talk to, communicate with and provided stellar vendor recommendations ! You can't go wrong !!!

Tip: When planning your wedding keep in mind the time of year, sunset and the time the tasting room closes to the public.

Profile Picture Samantha , 10/15/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

From our first wine tasting at Running Hare we were in love with the place. It is beautiful and secluded, and we could not have been any happier with our ceremony and reception. Barb was amazing to work with, always responsive and caring. MD Country Caterers is their exclusive vendor and they were top notch! Cannot wait to get our wedding photos back, we know they will be amazing as well! Thank you Barb for a perfect wedding, it was everything we had dreamed of!

Profile Picture Tindy, 10/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Me and my husband Robb loved Running Hare Vineyard since the moment we first looked at it for our venue! We didn't even take 24 hours to make a decision before we reached out to Barb to reserve for our date! Even better is we can continue to visit as our special place. Barb was great! She always responded quickly whenever there was a question we had. Everyone took such great care of us. Maryland country caterers was amazing from day 1. They went above and beyond and I can't thank them enough for taking such good care of us and preparations. Barb also had many amazing vendor recommendations. We were married here 1 week ago and it was absolutely beautiful. I couldn't picture a better place to get married! Highly recommend for a wedding venue!

Profile Picture Gabrielle, 9/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

Loved the venue! Everything went perfectly!

Profile Picture User5267409, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I recently got married at Running Hare and perfection describes every moment of our wedding; from the flowers, food and decor I wouldn't have changed a thing. The landscape of this venue is unlike anything else you are going to find in Southern Maryland. It's a hidden gem! The entire planning process was seamless with the knowledge owner Barb Scarborough was able to offer. I planned my entire wedding in one month a task that seemed impossible at first. I would have never of been able to pull off my wedding in such short notice without the amazing staff from Maryland Country Catering and Running Hare Vineyard.

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The first time I visited this venue it was raining, and it was beautiful. I thought to myself, if this place is still gorgeous in the rain then it would be just as lovely no matter what the weather on the big day. And on the big day the weather gods smiled down on us and all of our guests gushed over the site. The vineyard is perfection. The patio provides views over the grape vines, rose bushes, and lavender all while being covered in case a storm pops up. The ballroom is open and spacious; the space, inside and out, practically decorates itself.

We met with the owner, Barbara, who won us over within a minute - giving a lot of personal attention and making us feel like we've known her for years. It made it easy to trust her and to work with her.

We only went to one other vineyard afterour first visit and there was no comparison. We had to use Running Hare and we had no regrets. We live almost an hr and a half away but drove down serveral times just to enjoy the wine and scenery. This will be a place I look forward to going back to now that the deed is done!

They work exclusively with Maryland Country Caterers and while some people may find this restrictive, I truly found them to be the dream team. There was nothing they couldn't or wouldn't do to make our dreams happen and for that I am so grateful. I cannot recommend them enough. My guests were blown away, as were we. I may be bias... but I think it was the best wedding I've ever been to!

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/18/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Chairs, Outside Alcohol

There are not even enough words to describe the beauty of RHV! Our wedding day was everything we could have ever wanted! Barb was very attentive and helped us make big decisions regarding wine selections, she got us everything we needed for the wedding day! The amount of compliments that we got on the choice of venue for our wedding was incredible, now we just can't wait to see the pictures! Thank you RHV!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/4/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Outside Alcohol, Outside Cake, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs

Words can't express how happy we are to have selected Running Hare to celebrate the Union of our marriage with our family and friends. The vineyard is absolutely breathtaking and Barbara was so sweet and wonderful to work with. Our wedding day was amazing and working with the exclusive catering company was a dream. They also helped make our wedding day unforgettable. We recommend Running Hare not only for their wine but for anyone who is looking for the perfect venue. We couldn't have asked for more!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/28/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We absolutely LOVED everything about Running Hare Vineyard. We had made several site visits prior to seeing RHV and had a few more in mind, but after our initial visit and meeting with the owner Barb, we knew this was the place for us. Running Hare exclusively works with Maryland Country Caterers, which is often a turn off for a venue, but after speaking with Dave of MCC for the first time on the phone I felt completely at ease with working with them. Barb was absolutely fantastic work with -- very kind and enthusiastic, always professional and quick to respond to any emails or phone calls. I also had every bride's worst nightmare -- 100% heavy rain in the forecast for your wedding weekend. As soon as I knew it would be inevitable that there would be at least some rain on our big day, Barb and our amazing team of vendors (which was predominantly comprised of Barb's recommendations) went straight to work in contacting one another to work out a plan to make everything wonderful and reached out to me to let me know they had everything covered and not to worry... and boy did they deliver! While we still got a bit of outdoor photos, we opted to have the ceremony indoors so our guests were sure to be comfortable and they did such a brilliant job of making the indoor ceremony magical and gorgeous. It was definitely better than anything I would have imagined after having to make the call to opt out of their gorgeous outdoor site. We adore the entire Running Hare Vineyard and extended team and can't wait to visit again this summer to enjoy the scenery and atmosphere some more.

Profile Picture Tiffany, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Chairs, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Outside Alcohol

Running Hare Vineyard is such a beautiful place to get married and our guests had a great time! Barb is great to work with! She is professional, responsive, and knows what she is doing.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 5/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We just had our wedding at the Running Hare Vineyard on April 30, 2016 and it was more beautiful than we could have ever imagined! This was the first vineyard we visited when we were still deciding on a venue early on in the planning process. It literally took our breath away. We pretty much decided that we were going to have our wedding here as soon as we stepped out the car, and was sold at the end of our first meeting with Barb. We had a list of vineyards to visit that day, but at the end of the day, they all paled in comparison and we sealed the deal with Barb soon after.

Barb was an absolute pleasure to work with. Quick to respond, transparent, and super sweet to top it off. During our first meeting, she gave us a cheat sheet with recommended vendors which turned out to be very helpful in the planning process. Barb only works with the best so it made finding the other vendors much easier. She has an exclusive partnership with Maryland Country Caterers and while some may find that restrictive, we personally found that it made our lives easier since we didn't have to shop around for one. Plus, the catering company was amazing! Will write a separate review for them but they seriously took a lot of stress away from us. We truly had a spectacular, heart warming wedding at this vineyard. We received many compliments from our guests who were floored by the picturesque views, delicious food, and stellar service.

We would highly recommend the Running Hare Vineyard to any couple looking for a charming venue for what we felt like was a very reasonable value!!

Profile Picture Pey and Leon, 4/30/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Outside Alcohol, Chairs

Where can I begin...there are so many wonderful things to say about RHV. I had been to RHV for public wine tastings and events many times before venue searching, and so I knew about the vineyard already and its beauty. However, I had known a few couples who had gotten married there and initially wanted to look elsewhere to be "different." My husband and I visited nearly ten venues all over the MD/VA/PA area, but there was always something that wasn't quite perfect. Finally, I decided to consider RHV since we were both exhausted from searching. RHV may have been our final resort, BUT it's safe to say we saved the best for last. I had never met Barbara before, but she was the sweetest thing. Even before leaving our initial consult, I knew it was where we wanted to get married, despite my initial reservations. Of course we chose the venue in our backyard after weeks of searching elsewhere!

Throughout the planning process, Barb was so accommodating and helpful with all our questions. We originally booked a date for October 2016, but due to some personal family events, we decided to move the date up to April. Barb never hesitated in helping us choose a new date, and it made us so relieved that we didn't have to worry about having to find a different venue to accommodate our new timeline.

The venue itself is so picturesque; you'll never believe you're in southern MD. The reception hall is beautiful, as well. All our out-of-town guests couldn't stop talking about how lovely everything was.

We can't thank RHV and Barb enough for making our wedding day so perfect! Don't hesitate to book here!

Profile Picture Lauren, 4/29/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful venue for a great price as compared to others in the greater DC area. I was sold on this place as soon as I saw pictures online, and actually booked it without even seeing it in person after speaking with Barbara the owner. Only thing I think could have been better regarding the actual venue was that we had our wedding in early April and some trees weren't fully green, and I would have liked there to be roses bloomed (alas, none). However, the reception indoors is absolutely gorgeous and makes for beautiful pictures- also the weather was absolutely perfect! Originally I was worried about having too many guests but the venue (both indoors and outdoors) easily accommodated our 170 guests, without feeling crowded at all. I would recommend this venue to anyone wanting a beautiful and classic ceremony and reception site for their wedding!

Profile Picture User6719999, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Event Rentals, Chairs, Outside Alcohol, Linens, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

We could not have been happier with our choice of wedding locations. We loved it from the minute we drove up the vineyard road and saw the beautiful views. Running Hare Vineyard exceeded our expectations! We had an October wedding and the weather was perfect. Barb helped us pick a ceremony time that was timed with the sunset. It was beautiful! Our guests had an amazing time and are still talking about the location! We felt it was well-priced for everything that you get.

Profile Picture Lisa, 10/9/15, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Event Rentals, Uncovered Outdoor, Linens, Outside Alcohol, Chairs

This was the wedding of our dreams. We booked this venue three years in advance because we loved it so much. Barbara and Maryland Country Caterers were so easy to work with. Everything went smoothly and they constantly stayed in communication with us throughout the planning period. It rained on our wedding day, but the whole experience was still amazing. While this venue was only an hour from my home, majority of my relatives and friends stayed for the weekend because it felt like a destination wedding. We received nothing but compliments about the venue and staff. Thank you again!

Profile Picture Katie, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Such a BEAUTIFUL venue, I'm so glad our wedding was at Running Hare. September was the perfect time of year, with all of the flowers in bloom and grapes on the vines. It wasn't the cheapest option, but I think it was worth the cost. They were great to work with during planning. No complaints at all.

Profile Picture User6018073, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Linens, Outside Alcohol, Event Rentals, Outside Cake, Chairs

RHV really worked with me! Excellent location the ONLY thing I wish was different was if they allowed a choice of caterers.

Profile Picture User4269164, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Running Hare Vineyard far exceeded any thoughts/expectations we had when we were planning our wedding. We looked at many outdoor venues and none of them came even close to the RHV. The ceremony was beautiful, the views stunning, and the party perfect. It really was dream like.

We were very happy to be able to extend the hours of our party to be able to enjoy a longer cocktail hour at the portico. Many of our guests came earlier to enjoy the wine tasting. My husband and I chose to do out pictures before the ceremony. Which allowed us to spend more time at the party. We were able to look over from the reception hall as people arrived for the tasting and gathered for the ceremony, and this one of many beautiful moments throughout the night.

I would not think twice about having a celebration here.

At first we did not know how we felt about having an exclusive caterer, but as we went through the process it became so clear why Barb did this. MCC are amazing! We are foodies, and everything was delicious! We were not very picky about how everything got set up, and we had no experience planning an event of this size. MCC made everything seem like a piece of cake, and essentially acted as wedding planners, taking care of EVERYTHING we didn't even know had to be taken care of. Had we spent hundreds of hours trying to figure out the small stuff, we still wouldn't have done a better job. Everyone was absolutely fabulous and made our party perfect. I heard from many people that leading up to the wedding we seemed like the most relaxed couple they had ever seen, and I know that it was because we had the best possible vendors. Thanks so much!!!

Profile Picture User4362967, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews