RT Lodge Reviews

48 | Maryville, TN

48 Reviews for RT Lodge

Julia · Married on 06/09/2018

Wonderful. There is no stress for the Bride at RT lodge. Absolutely wonderful!!!! I loved every bit of my wedding and they made it perfect. 5 stars isn’t enough.

Kaitlin · Married on 04/14/2018

We were married here April 2018 and it was truly an incredible experience. We were looking for a venue in which both of our families and friends could come and stay onsite for the entire weekend and we fell quickly in love with RT Lodge. Having everyone stay onsite made the logistics of the weekend easy and we got to spend more quality time with our guests.

The food was incredible! Breakfast is included for all guests each morning and Chef Trevor Stockton really outdid himself for all of our dinners.

Not only is the venue absolutely beautiful but the staff were always willing to lend a helping hand - going over and beyond good service. For example: The wait staff carried a large farmhouse table down a steep flight of stairs so that the families could eat dinner outside (and enjoy the great weather) Thursday night before the wedding. The wedding coordinators saw I was stressed about finishing favor bags and they took them back to the main lodge and finished stuffing and tying bows for me! One of my bridesmaid's ordered a cab to the airport that never showed up, so one of the maid's drove her to the airport so she wouldn't miss her flight home.

It's such a special place and we will always be grateful to the kind staff that helped make our wedding weekend unforgettable.

Annie · Married on 05/20/2017

We got married here in May! Our day was magical and everything went perfectly thanks to the help of the lodge staff. The setting is pure perfection. The food was AMAZING! We loved having our wedding here and still love to go back and eat at the restaurant.

Jacqueline · Married on 04/22/2017

I really don't have words that can articulate what RT Lodge means to my husband and me. We got estimates from over 100 vendors from around the world, literally, and none of them compared to RT Lodge. We were searching for a magical little oasis in a wooded setting where our friends and family could hang out for a weekend retreat, plus Michelin-worthy food, with a great planner and a central location for our destination wedding. RT Lodge delivered that and so much more. We were treated like royalty on our site visit and completely fell in love with the grounds, our planner, Katie Stinnett, Chef Trevor Stockton, the extremely kind General Manager, Gary, and everyone else at the lodge. We had tricky logistics for our wedding (got married down a lane in the woods), and tricky weather. We found out rain would hit sporadically throughout the day, and RT Lodge, made sure that all of our guests and vendors would be onsite and completely ready over an hour early! They rearranged cocktail hour seamlessly as well. My planner, Katie, also sneakily found, stored and installed an art installation that I had been desperate to have for the wedding tent! Our guests are now also obsessed with RT Lodge. It's a magical, addicting place in the tiny town of Maryville, Tennessee with the very best employees, and it beat out everyone from France, Italy, California, New York and Florida.

Sent on 06/08/2017

RT Lodge's reply:

Jacqueline, you are the kindest person ever, and your words have been shared with our entire staff! Thank you for being gracious, thoughtful, kind, and FUN to work with throughout the entire process! We all look forward to hosting you and Rich in the future and can't wait to see you again!

Seguin · Married on 03/11/2017

We had our ceremony and reception at RT Lodge and we absolutely loved it! It is an absolutely gorgeous wedding venue. We had the entire lodge for the weekend. The staff were absolutely amazing. They did anything and everything for us to make our special day less stressful. It was honestly the most perfect day and a lot of that is attributed to the service provided by RT Lodge. We can honestly say it was the best day of our lives! The food was to die for!!!! All of our guest loved the wedding and continued to compliment how exquisite the venue and the food was. RT lodge most definitely went above and beyond for us and I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 03/24/2017

RT Lodge's reply:

Seguin, thank you for the wonderful review! You and Will were so wonderful to host and work with throughout the planning process! Your entire group of family and friends was the sweetest! Please come back and see us soon! Wishing you all the best from all of us at the lodge!

Katie · Married on 03/04/2017

RT Lodge was the best decision we made when planning our wedding. My husband and I were able to relax knowing that everything was right on track for the Rehearsal Dinner and Wedding Day. They streamlined the planning process answering questions quickly, accommodating changes and special requests, and helping us wrangle all of the vendors. Our desire was to have a fun (stress free) wedding weekend with our friends and family, and the Lodge was the perfect choice. Since our wedding, we have received rave reviews from our guests. :
    "Best wedding food I have ever had."
    "Most fun and relaxed wedding we have ever been to."
    "RT Lodge just knows how to do it right."
    "Best Ribs I have ever had."
    "The breakfast was amazing."
    Everyone at RT Lodge was great to work with and extremely accommodating. Katie was awesome throughout the entire planning process and the weekend. Katie, Brooks, Chef Trevor and Katelyn were key to our wedding weekend success, and I am so thankful for them. I can't single out my favorite thing, but do yourself a favor and go have dinner at the lodge!

Jane · Married on 01/28/2017

The RT Lodge was the perfect wedding venue. It was like having our own private luxury estate for the entire weekend. From the time of our first visit several months before the wedding until the last guest left on Sunday following the wedding, everything was perfection. Katie Stinnett and the staff were amazing to work with during the entire process. Every detail was taken care of. The food for the bridal luncheon, the rehearsal dinner, the breakfasts, cocktail hour and wedding dinner was exceptional; and our guests loved being able to stay on the property for the entire weekend. Many guests commented that it was one of the best weddings they had ever attended. Thank you RT Lodge for helping to create a dream wedding.

Kristin · Married on 11/19/2016

I can absolutely say that our wedding weekend would not have been the dream weekend we'd hoped it would be if we had chosen to have it ANYWHERE ELSE. We have an abundance of stunning venues near our home in Nashville but chose to host our friends and family 3 hours away in Maryville at RT Lodge because of the ease of having everyone in one place for the entire weekend. The welcome dinner was fabulous, breakfasts were tasty and our family-style dinner reception was delicious and exactly what we'd discussed with Chef Stockton. Katie was a dream to work with and every single staff member went above and beyond to make our weekend perfect. I'm an event planner and my expectations are high but they repeatedly exceeded my best case scenarios. We are so grateful to the RT Lodge family for executing the best weekend of our lives!

Emily · Married on 11/05/2016

RT Lodge was the absolute perfect place to for my husband and I to get married and spend quality time with our loved ones without any stress! The Lodge, guest houses, and grounds are breathtaking and resort-like. The staff felt as if they were part of our family they were so accommodating and willing to help out in any way to ensure not only David and I had the perfect weekend, but that our friends and family enjoyed their visit as well! Katie and Katelyn were always one step ahead of us with everything throughout the weekend, and it was such a relief knowing everything was taken care of. Come hungry because the food is mouth watering and you will not leave a single crumb on your plate. Chef Trevor Stockton...thank you! We look forward to the pleasure of dining and staying the night at RT Lodge for future anniversaries and date nights (or really any excuse to go back)!

Katie · Married on 10/29/2016

You cannot go wrong at RT Lodge. It is elegant yet comfortable. The food is amazing. The staff is incredibly friendly and accommodating.

Hank · Married on 10/29/2016

These people were outstanding. Not only did they handle every request with professionalism, they anticipated our needs and were ready to fulfill them. Their coordination of the actual wedding was done with military precision. All we had to do was make sure the "I dos" were said at the right time!
    Hank Bahr- Father of the Bride- Mrs. Katie Williams

Kara · Married on 10/08/2016

Having our wedding weekend at RT Lodge was the best decision ever! We highly recommend any couple looking for great location, wonderful accommodations, the best service and food, and the perfect wedding to check out RT Lodge. Every detail was accounted for by Katie and the other staff at the Lodge, from planning to execution, allowing myself and my husband to relax and enjoy the process and weekend itself with those we love. We couldn't be happier with our decision to have a destination wedding at the RT Lodge and we look forward to going back to visit for many years to come!

Erica · Married on 06/25/2016

RT Lodge was simply picture perfect for our wedding weekend! From the staff, the food, and the location, everything was truly perfect! Their staff made sure we were taken care of from the moment the events began. The food and Chef Stockton are still being talked about by our guests! I cannot say enough about how amazing the location is as well. Nestled in the woods of Maryville College you feel like you are in your own private fairy tale!

Susan · Married on 06/11/2016

One of the nice features about this venue is that your guests can stay on property at the Lodges which have really nice accommodations. It is nice to have family and friends share in your special day and not have to travel back and forth. You can do it all at RT Lodge from the wedding ceremony, reception and other special events you may be hosting. You can relax outside and enjoy the gardens and the fire pit at night and cook marshmallows. The venue offers some of the best scenic opportunities for great wedding photos. The chef prepared food was incredible and our guests had rave reviews. The RT floral staff did the flowers and they were perfect - from decorating our Trellis to tablescapes and flowers for the bride and attendants. I can't say enough about the RT Lodge and their commitment to service excellence. I highly recommend this venue. Our expectations for an outstanding event were exceeded by the staff. Everything was PERFECT!

Sarah · Married on 04/08/2016

RT Lodge is the ideal location for a stunning Southern wedding! The Lodge has beautiful interiors and gorgeous gardens that create the perfect backdrop for your ceremony and make for amazing photographs. The incredible food and comfortable guest rooms ensure a weekend filled with relaxation. The staff go above and beyond to make sure your weekend is perfect. As a fellow wedding industry vendor as well as a guest at multiple RT Lodge weddings, I can attest through both experiences that RT Lodge has spared no attention to detail. You and your guests will remember your time here as a one-of-a-kind experience for a lifetime.

Terri · Married on 12/31/2015

“I feel like this has been a little taste of Heaven being surrounded by our family and friends in this magical place. I will NEVER forget this!” This was part of a thank you note from my daughter to my husband and me about her wedding at the RT Lodge. I agree with her wholeheartedly.

I never thought it was wise to spend so much on a wedding when the money could be used for other more “practical” things. Our experience at the RT changed my mind entirely. It was, as they say in the Mastercard commercial, “priceless”.

It was not just a wedding. It was an entire weekend in a beautiful environment with friends and family and a staff that made us feel like an honored guest/friends at their home. Alex, Katie and the entire staff made sure everything was perfect beyond what we could have ever expected without us feeling any stress at all. Just tell them what you want, and they make it happen.

We loved the experience there so much that when our youngest daughter got engaged a month later, there was no question about where to have the wedding. Instead of worrying about the cost we were extremely excited to get to go back and do it all over! Once again it was “magical”.

We love the RT Lodge as it holds so many of our family’s most precious memories. After two weddings there, we feel like part of their family.

My husband and I wanted somewhere where we could bring our families together and get to know each other better. I am from England and my husband has a huge family from all over the U.S. so the guest list included lots of people who had never met until the wedding. It couldn't have been more magical. We had our rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception at the lodge.
    I'll start with the food. I have never had such amazing food at a wedding. Ever. Every person we spoke to said it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. Amazing food. Worth every penny!! We are foodies and we were so impressed. Next, the staff. ALL the staff were unbelievable. They went above and beyond to make us happy. I was unhappy with my flowers and they did everything they could to fix them, even though I used an outside vendor. They took care of everything! I really couldn't have asked for more from them. Alex, Jennifer, Katie, and Max were all wonderful to work with and made us feel special and at ease the whole weekend. The venue sells itself. It was absolutely stunning.
    Overall, I had so many people tell me it was the best wedding they had ever been to - the venue & the food especially. We are SO GLAD we chose RT Lodge and can't thank everyone enough for the most perfect day!

Leah · Married on 09/06/2015

There is absolutely no way I can say enough wonderful things about the RT Lodge in an online review. From the moment I set foot on the property, I knew that this was where I had to be married. The main lodge smells subtly of patchouli and cigars, and is the coziest place I've ever seen. Large armchairs and couches greet you with rows upon rows of books. After booking the Lodge, we began working with their coordinator, Alex, who is an absolute god-send. I'm not the world's most decisive person, but she took my ideas and ran with them for our cake, flowers, and seating ideas. We had a rental company come in and do some decorating, but the Lodge staff was more than happy to help them set up and make sure everything was as perfect as it could possibly be. They even went so far as to keep up with our special toasting glasses for the evening - every time I turned around, there was a staff member asking if I needed anything or just checking in to make sure everything was going ok. I felt like a queen for the day - if I mentioned needing or wanting something, I didn't have to even consider how to get it done on my own, it was done for my by the time I turned around. Alex and Katie were amazing at coordinating the details of our ceremony, they lined everyone up, made sure the DJ got the music going as it was supposed to - all I had to do was prepare myself for the big walk down the aisle! Katie even walked with us bringing us water or champagne (or whatever we needed/wanted) as our photographer was working with us after the ceremony. I had no worries whatsoever once I stepped across the threshold of that place. The food is a story all of it's own. My husband and I are HUGE foodies and were really looking forward to dinner from Chef Stockton. We knew it wouldn't disappoint, but we were absolutely amazed at the food he delivered. It is beyond words.
    Basically, impeccable service all around - The RT Lodge surpassed all of our expectations in every way.

Margaret · Married on 06/27/2015

Had a wonderful wedding day at RT lodge. The entire staff bent over backwards to help make it exactly how I imagined. It was absolutely a beautiful experience from beginning to end, and if I could get married again tomorrow at the lodge I would do it all over again. The outside and the inside of this venue are breathtaking and the food is the best wedding food you will ever put in your mouth! What a lovely night! Would recommend this to any other Bride looking to have a magical wedding day at a venue that does so much to make it exactly what you pictured. RT staff helped with everything from menus, signs, putting on cake flowers, finding me a flower girl basket because we forgot ours, to helping me get my garter to stay on! Awesome staff! Awesome wedding experience!

Sent on 07/06/2015

RT Lodge's reply:

Margaret, we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your wedding weekend! Thank you for the wonderful compliments! You were delightful to work with!

Shiona · Married on 04/11/2015

The team at RT Lodge created a wedding weekend that was better than perfect. Several professional meeting/event planners were in attendance (including the bride), and we all heaped effusive praise on the venue, the surroundings, the food, the staff and the attention to detail. Alex, Jennifer, Ellis, Jenny, Max, Gary and the whole team put together a flawless weekend for our families. For the level of service we, and all our guests, enjoyed, RT Lodge is an incredible value. I wish I could find reasons to host all my events there.

Lesley · Married on 03/24/2015

When you go to RT Lodge you feel like you are so far away from it all, yet it is very close to all that Maryville has to offer. The grounds are so relaxing, the wooded ceremony site is perfection and the permanent tent looks like it is out of a storybook. I would highly recommend RT Lodge for your wedding!

Katherine · Married on 05/24/2014

I wish I could get married at RT Lodge all over again just because it was absolutely the best weekend of my life! Not only was it incredible having all our friends and family staying in one location, but having exclusive use of the lodge made it feel like our own private retreat. The staff is two steps ahead of you in making sure you are happy, comfortable, and well-fed. :) All of our out-of-town guests have continuously asked how they could come back and stay there, and friends of ours from all over have said they wish they could have a destination wedding at the lodge after staying there and attending our wedding. And the food all weekend is still being talked about!! I can't imagine having our wedding in any other location, and after years in the wedding industry I feel we can definitely say this is one of the most professional, relaxing, and cozy places we have ever stayed!

Autumn · Married on 09/28/2013

My husband and I honestly drove away from our wedding saying how great everyone at RT Lodge was the entire weekend. Everyone on staff was amazing and provided such great service for us and for our guests most of whom stayed on the property. My Mom and I worked with Ellis throughout most of the planning and she was amazing particularly in helping us coordinate vendors from afar and accomidate little touches that we wanted (croquet on the lawn!). We held our rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception at the Lodge and it was a wonderful experience for us and for our guests to be able to be together throughout the weekend. The food is incredible. Incredible. (It bears repeating). The rooms are great and there is a nice area specfically for the bridal party to get ready in as well. As for pictures, there is a plethora of areas on the grounds to choose from and the place is gorgeous year round.

Overall - service, food, planning, convenience, and location are all excellent. We could not be happier with our choice to have our wedding at RT Lodge.

Ashley · Married on 05/04/2013

I planned an outdoor wedding in Maryville, in May - the rainiest time of the year. My backup plan for rain was that it wasn't going to rain...clearly unrealistic. It poured! The staff at RT Lodge was unbelievably accommodating and made my wedding perfect. They did everything they could in order for us and our guests to be comfortable despite the weather. I worked mainly with Ellis as the wedding coordinator and she was incredibly friendly, helpful, and sweet. I was quite the picky bride and she answered all of my questions/requests VERY quickly and professionally. It didn't matter what the job title was at RT Lodge, EVERY single staff member was there to help however they could. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and the staff is even better. HIGHLY recommended!

Madeline · Married on 03/16/2013

Unbelievable! Everyone was so amazing and the weekend was absolutely perfect! I have no complaints at all! They handled everything so professionally and worked with me to create the wedding of my dreams. They worked really hard to make sure that everything went just right. The venue itself is beautiful and my entire family was in awe! All the guests shared how fabulous the venue was! I would highly recommend the RT Lodge to any future bride! They really know how to create lasting memories!