Royal Lewis Music Services Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Tanaeya
    Tanaeya Married on 10/10/2021

Great service!

I had Royal as my DJ for my wedding. He was very attentive to details. He made sure I had my timeline correct and gave for samples from other weddings he has done. He asked many questions to make sure he understood my musical vibe among other things. Everyone was on the dance floor all night definitely would have him at another event. Thanks Royal!

Royal Lewis Music Services's reply:

Thank you Tanaeya for the kind words. It was my pleasure to be your DJ on your wedding day! Congrats Again!
  • Bri
    Bri M. Married on 10/02/2021

Great service!

Royal was fantastic. He was great at working with us prior to the wedding, and rolling with any changes that happened the day of. He was very professional, easy to work with, and made sure to play music that really flowed with the night. Planning a wedding is stressful, but Royal made the dj/music aspect of it easy! I’d recommend Royal for any event looking for great music.

Royal Lewis Music Services's reply:

Thank you Bri. I’m happy you chose me to be your DJ on your special day. Congrats again to you and Cam!
    Allison G. Married on 07/10/2021

Best DJ Ever!

Royal Lewis did an awesome job communicating with my fiancé and I about music selections. He did an amazing job playing music at our wedding. Everything went so smoothly! He picked great songs for our open dance floor. He was very professional and kind. I would highly recommend him for your wedding or next event.

Royal Lewis Music Services's reply:

Thank you Allison. It was truly my pleasure to be your DJ on your wedding day. Congratulations again to you guys and thanks for having me!
  • Ashton
    Ashton L. Married on 05/30/2021

Awesome at reading the crowd!

Royal did a fantastic job at our wedding May 30, 2021! He had great communication throughout the process and did not rely on us reaching out to him - which made it really simple for the groom and myself. His platform for entering first dance/special dance songs and providing him with everyone's names was simple and self-explanatory. We gave him a few songs and genres that we liked and he went from there to WOW us and keep everyone 13 years to 85 years old dancing all night. He was super professional and did a great job - cannot rave about him more! Thank you so much, Royal!

Royal Lewis Music Services's reply:

Thank you Ashton! It was my pleasure. I’m glad everyone had a great time and your guest for sure came to have fun. Congrats again!
    Hannah B. Married on 11/28/2020

Excellent!!

We requested country during dinner and he did just that!!!! Asked him to follow the lead of the crowd and get people dancing. Let's just say my legs still hurt from dancing! He us got up and out on the floor. Has an excellent system to request songs and make a timeline. Top notch service.
  • Michael
    Michael M. Married on 11/14/2020

Dj? Look no further!

Royal Lewis is incredible to work with. His music taste completely matched up with ours, but he was also flexible to add things we wanted. He has a great energy and would be a fantastic hire for any wedding.

Royal Lewis Music Services's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words. It was nice working with you guys! Look forward to helping out with any future music or lighting needs.
  • Shannon
    Shannon C. Married on 08/08/2020

Would recommend Royal for your wedding or any event!

Royal was beyond excellent! He was so thorough and wonderful to work with. We had to make changes to our wedding due to coronavirus just a couple weeks before and Royal helped us figure it all out. Plus, the music was just what we were hoping!

Royal Lewis Music Services's reply:

Thank you Shannon and thanks again for choosing me to be your DJ. You guys were a great couple to work with and everything worked out so well.
  • Lala
    La'dasia Married on 07/26/2020

Experience & Professional

Royal, was perfect for my wedding. We had some last minute switch ups due to covid. He was good at making sure the mics was sanitary. Also Our ceremony music was on point. He had everyone on the dance floor all night at the reception. He was a pleasure to work with.

Royal Lewis Music Services's reply:

Thank you! Looking forward to creating some dance floor memories with you guys. It will be here before you know it.
  • Sandra
    Sandra H. Married on 06/28/2020

Dedicated and Extremely Professional

Royal is the man! He DJ'd my smaller wedding, but it almost seemed like there were twice as many people from how many folks ended up on the dance floor. He made my wedding an absolute blast. He is very dedicated to his job, can read the room well, and can easily handle multiple musical styles. He is also the consummate professional - he promptly responded to all my questions and emails, and was the first to show up and last to leave at my wedding. He even helped with a last-minute request for a special remix I wanted for the dance I did with my mother! Finally, his pricing is very fair and a fantastic deal for the Raleigh-Durham area especially. Royal was one of my favorite vendors for my wedding, and I'm so glad I chose him to DJ the most important day of my life.

Royal Lewis Music Services's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Sandra! It was my pleasure and I really enjoyed working with you guys. Ross crushed that horn solo!
    Summer R. Married on 02/22/2020

Justin & Summer Studholme’s Wedding

Royal was amazing at our wedding. He played all the songs we requested and played the music to the flow of everyone. He even took a video so we could see our wedding from a different stand point. Everyone was on the dance floor and it was because of the awesome music.

Royal Lewis Music Services's reply:

Thank you! It was a great night and I really enjoyed working with you. Great to hear everyone enjoyed themselves.
    Eula B. Married on 11/16/2019

Excellent very professional!

Thank you so much Royal for Making our wedding and reception so amazing. Even with all of the last minute hiccups and changes you smoothed it out, and I thank you for that. I forward to seeing you again...

Royal Lewis Music Services's reply:

Thank you for choosing me to be your wedding DJ. It was my pleasure. I look forward to working with you again in the future.
    Lauren K. Married on 07/28/2019

Great DJ!!

Royal was a wonderful DJ for the event yesterday. He played music that was very fitting and it kept all the visitors (and even the vendors) dancing while they were there. I would highly recommend his services!
    Jessica Married on 01/20/2019

Awesome!!!!

Royal was AWESOME! He did our ceremony and reception. The whole evening flowed super nicely. Because of there being several age groups at my wedding, he played a variety of music that pleased all. Royal made my wedding day stress free and was very friendly and respectful.

Royal Lewis Music Services's reply:

Thank you Jessica. I really appreciate you giving me the opportunity to be a small part of your special day. Congrats Again!!
    Sandra D. Married on 12/01/2018

Would not pick anyone else

Royal goes above and beyond expectations. He is one of the most professional, organized , and accommodating individuals we have come across. Our guest enjoyed the music, the ambiance, and it would not be as memorable without him. We cannot say enough good things about our experience and we will always remember our night because of him.

Royal Lewis Music Services's reply:

Thank you Sandra. You and Alex where a great couple to work with. I wish you both nothing but happiness in your new future together.
    Jesa Married on 09/29/2018
    Royal performed above expectations! He is so talented and knows how to handle
    anything that comes at him. He was so diligent during our event! He did an outstanding job communicating with us from beginning to end. Out of everyone I’ve worked with he had the best in customer service and entertainment! The music was perfect and he rolled
    with the punches! Everyone had such an amazing time and everything flowed so well! It was a great wedding, and we are so thankful and blessed to have had you as our DJ! Thank you so much!
    John Married on 05/19/2018
    Exceptional! The services provided by Royal Lewis Music Services for our wedding reception in Durham, NC were nothing short of extraordinary. Royal had a great feel for the room and timed music selections perfectly whether it was to encourage dancing or play background music to conversation.

Working with Royal to prepare for the wedding reception was everything we had hoped. He was incredibly helpful in the planning process, timely in his correspondences, and so easy to work with. A half hour meeting and a few short phone calls is all it took on our end to set everything up. His interactive client portal was user friendly and made setting up the reception order, requesting songs, and everything else incredibly simple and straight-forward.

We have received so many compliments from guests regarding the music and will recommend his services to anyone looking to book a DJ in the future.
  • O
    Omar Married on 08/26/2017
    Royal is a excellent DJ. Very professional, he gave us everything we wanted from a DJ at our wedding. I would recommend Royal to any and everyone needing a DJ for any occasion. Thanks again!
    Nicole Married on 08/19/2017

Outstanding service!

As a coordinator, I work with so many different DJs. Royal is a step above the rest. He is very professional and I loved his set up! I unfortunately had a family emergency and had to step away for about an hour. I knew the whole time though that I didn’t have to worry about what was going on at the wedding! Royal had it covered!! If you are looking for a DJ, hire Royal! You won’t be disappointed, and you won’t want to leave the dance floor!!
    Christine Married on 09/24/2011

Fantastic Wedding DJ

Royal DJ'ed my wedding and reception. Very professional. Found all the music I wanted (some of the songs I wanted were not easy to find). All my guests enjoyed themselves dancing all night!
    Brensley Married on 06/25/2017
    We had a great time at our wedding! The music seemed to connect with all generations and types of people. Royal Lewis was professional and took the time to get to know what we wanted for our day.