130 Reviews for Royal Entertainment

Liability Insurance (4)
Projector (1)
130 Royal Entertainment Reviews

April 2018
Dean Henderson of Royal Entertainment literally saved my wedding from the start. I received his information from my close friend who had hired Dean for her wedding two weeks before mine. I called her in a panic after discovering that the "close family friend" we were going to hire as DJ for the wedding had bad intentions. Dean met with me at my convenience near my parent's house and was extremely professional. He knew the venue and provided recommendations for where he should set-up, the best way to organize tables, and created a time schedule which we used for the wedding. He alleviated all of my concerns and I fully trusted him to do a good job. Prior to the wedding, he encouraged involvement with my guests to see what songs they would like/not like to hear. During and after the event, guests verbalized how much it meant to them to hear their song play. During the wedding, Dean arrived early, and ensured that everything was as we had previously discussed- from the organizing of the tables to the schedule of events. He is more thorough and proactive then a wedding planner, and sought my opinion while I was getting ready in the bridal suite to ensure that my wishes were being met. When there was an issue with table seating, as we had an open-seating arrangement, he brought humor to the event, fixed the problem, and kept things flowing. I will NEVER EVER underestimate the power of an amazing DJ. Dean Henderson is amazing. He kept the wedding moving. He noticed when schedules were not being upheld- such as a sunset photo session and brought it to the attention of the photographer. He reminded me kindly that I had chosen a specific time to gift my bouquet to my cousin. He was extremely accommodating to all of my guests- from playing requested songs to lowering the volume at my father's request, since he was sitting next to the speaker. I highly recommend Dean Henderson! He is professional, kind, thorough and patient- a seriously phenomenal DJ!

Profile Picture Dara , 4/6/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dean is not only a great DJ but an all-around great guy! Our wedding coordinator from Woodland Hills Country Club referred us to him and we couldn't have been happier with the results. He was a joy to meet up with some 6 months prior to our wedding, offered helpful advice based on his many years of experience, made the entire process care-free and fun-loving. When you're assembling a slate of vendors for the wedding it starts to feel a bit like you're putting together a team of people based on their special skills.... Dean is definitely someone you want on your team.

Profile Picture Shawn, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dean the DJ was absolutely AMAZING! He made our wedding, he had people dancing that never dance and such a wide variety of great music. He listened to us when we told him what we did and didn't want and had great control over the crowd without anyone noticing. When we were done dancing during our formal dances we just glanced at him with a nod and he was always prompt to turn the song off. We still have people telling us how fun are wedding was and this is largely in part to Dean. We cannot say enough great things about him and will recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ. Thank you for helping to give us the best wedding ever Dean! ♡♡♡

Profile Picture Julie, 9/22/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Four letters, D-E-A-N! We knew that Dean was THE DJ for us when we first met him (coincidentally while waiting to meet with one of the coordinators for our reception while he was waiting to set up) was his humor! He made us laugh during the 15 minutes we had while waiting. The one thing that Dean said (that we will never forget) which solidified our decision to hire him was his advice to make a date out of our meetings with the vendors. He said that it’s easy to get caught up with wedding planning that we might forget the reason why we’re getting married. Another thing that Dean said which made our hearts melt was during our reception, he suggested for us to just take 5 minutes to be alone may it be to talk or just sit together, so we can take everything in. Although we were unable to make the 5 mins happen, we truly appreciate and remember what he said. If you are looking for a DJ/host, please do yourself a favor and do not look any further because Dean is THE DJ you need and want. Dean is HILARIOUS! He got the crowd going, we even got compliments from our guests and asked how on earth we found DEAN! Dean is not just an awesome DJ/hose, but a wonderful person as well. We hope to work with Dean again in the future, because he brought life into our wedding reception. Thank you so much for everything Dean!

Profile Picture Kristelle, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dean was our DJ for our wedding and having him as our DJ was a blast! Very professional and very funny! We love Dean! Definitely recommend him. I will see you again Dean.

Profile Picture Joseph, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dean was absolutely wonderful as our DJ for our wedding. Thorough, professional, and charming stage presence. Could not have asked for a better experience!

Profile Picture Giuliana , 8/12/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Dean is the absolute best ! He accommodated meeting with us and took his time to answer all my questions via email. Musicality and quality is a 10 for sure very nice and professional DJ. Definitely recommend him. Price is very competitive and affordable . Great MC. Glad we hired him to be a part of our wedding day .

Profile Picture Nancy, 8/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer

We absolutely LOVED having Dean as our wedding DJ. We met him early in our wedding planning process and he gave us the most amazing advice, not just about music, but about the flow of the ceremony and important ways to make our family feel honored throughout the evening. Dean has years of experience and really could be not only your DJ, but also your coordinator! And once the floor opened for dancing after the toasts and first dance, Dean really made sure we had a good time. He also made sure to play all of our salsa faves. Thanks Dean!

Profile Picture Abigail, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Great DJ service. High remarks from friends and family. Would recommend to others! Professional and personable as a DJ + MC for the wedding.

Profile Picture Tina, 7/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Dean was recommended to me by someone who sadly, ultimately had to cancel their event, but had such a good experience just meeting Dean that he sent him my way.
As soon as my fiance and I met Dean, we knew he was the DJ for us. It was very clear from the beginning that he does this not to make money, but because he just loves it. He has passion. He also had a lot of tips and ideas and we felt at ease. His pricing was also affordable, which is huge.
Our biggest gripe is that annoying "DJ voice" that most dj's have and is pretty annoying. Dean has an English accent so he is very pleasant to listen to and we were not worried about how it would sound over the mic or to our guests at all.

My wedding was a few days ago and Dean was amazing. He played the songs we asked for, and everything he chose to add was perfect. I had guests tell us the music was on point all night. He even came by our head table to see if we needed anything, or could grab us a drink. He really goes above and beyond. I cannot recommend Dean at Royal Entertainment enough!

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Dean was the perfect DJ for our wedding and we couldn't imagine having a more incredible reception without him. We had guests tell us how they had fun, and we know Dean had a big role in making that happen! We would refer him to anyone we know getting married in Southern California! THANK YOU, DEAN!

Profile Picture Grace, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

If you want great DJ, this is the man! I highly recommend him, he is very professional and he made our special day/ night fabulous. Music is so important to us as a couple and he executed our night perfectly.

Profile Picture Patti, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

From the moment I met Dean, I knew I was dealing with a seasoned professional. Dean offered to meet my husband and I before the wedding and to check out the venue. He helped us with the sound for the ceremony, cocktail hour and of course, dinner and dancing. My husband is super specific about his music and Dean allowed him to create a playlist for the cocktail hour. We gave plenty of suggestions for dinner and it was perfect. Dancing was great too and the dance floor had a constant flow of guests. We had a great time at our wedding and no doubt is it due to the music! Dean is great and I highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Jenn, 10/29/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, MC

Dean was AMAZING!!! From the minute we met him, we knew he was an entertainer. He is hilarious, has hundreds of weddings under his belt, and he has an accent! He was quick to respond to every single email, he was always on time, I mean the guy was just perfect. He ran the show from beginning to end without leaving anything out. He played all the music we wanted, and even surprised us with songs that we love that we didn't think to include in our list. He was really good about keeping us on schedule and would let us know ahead of time when it was time for something, i.e. cut the cake, toss the bouquet, etc. and he learned who our parents, best man and maid of honor were to let them know when it was time for their speeches. The dance floor was never, EVER empty (and I am not exaggerating). We had a diverse group of guests and he accommodated to everyone's taste. Every single person we spoke to absolutely loved him. We had so much fun at our wedding and Dean is the reason why. Do yourself a favor and hire him, it will be one of the best decisions you will make in your wedding planning process.

Profile Picture Celeste, 10/14/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Uplighting, MC

My husband and I used Dean as our wedding DJ last month. He was incredible! Dean took the time to meet with us, give music suggestions, and listened to our requests. He knew how to get the crowd dancing and played music everyone enjoyed. We were very pleased with him and would highly recommend him!

Profile Picture User6394195, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Dean was the absolute best vendor we used for our wedding! He was more than just a DJ, and helped us with every step of the wedding process. He's worked so many weddings, and was so knowledgeable. He went above and beyond normal DJ'ing duties. And he was pretty darn amazing at those, too! We held a destination wedding, and he helped us set the right mood for every event of our weekend. He was open to the music we selected, and was able to perfectly fill in many of his suggestions. We had an amazing time, and only wish we had a bigger dance floor. We highly recommend him and Royal Entertainment if you want your day to go off without a hitch! Thanks, Dean!

Profile Picture Tessa, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

If you want an awesome DJ, give Dean a call. He is very talented and knowledgeable. My husband and I and our guests had an amazing time at our wedding, thanks to him.

Profile Picture Marisa, 5/29/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

If you are looking for a DJ/MC Dean is your guy! He was the DJ/MC at my wedding and he made it fun. He made sure that everyone got on the dance floor. If you are stuck on what songs to play at your event he had quite a selection for you to review which was very helpful for me and my fiance. He made sure that we kept to the wedding timeline and everything went wonderful. My guests very enjoyed his accent. I highly recommend Dean for your next event!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/14/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

DJ Dean Henderson of Royal Entertainment is excellent. You must hire him as your dj/emcee extraordinaire!!! Best price all around, highly personable, extremely fast at replying via all avenues (whether you contact him via text/email/phone call) --usually within the same hour if you're contacting him during normal business hours or before an ungodly hour. Dean is so easy to talk to you feel like you're meeting with an old chum. Not to mention, his British accent is quite pleasant to listen to & as the announcer at your special event, that's very important. Dean is top notch with a sense of humor & wit that is great for any special occasion. I knew from the moment I spoke with him on the phone that he was going to be my wedding dj. Also, he was so honest & accommodating with pricing. Unlike other companies that constantly push hiring a 2 or 3 man team (dj/lighting/emcee) at a high cost - Dean does it all with ease! A nice note: Dean told me he'd play harp music during my cocktail hour, so we could save a good amount of money on not having to hire a harpist (as we initially envisioned before finding out the high harpist fees). That was really kind of him to suggest that. He was my wedding dj/emcee earlier this month, and everyone loved him! He garnered laughs from my guests, and a handful of my friends mentioned how smoothly everything flowed. Dean is gifted at what he does, and is very easy to work with. Thank you Dean for everything! ~~~

Profile Picture Rose, 5/7/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

If you're looking for a DJ that can also flawlessly serve as an emcee then Dean Henderson is for you! He's the best quality dj all around. Very easy to work with and communicate with. Dean would reply to my texts or emails within a couple of hours. Very impressive! He is happy to meet with you in your area instead of you having to go to his office. That's actually what he prefers (convenience for his client). Plus, he has a really cool British accent and their humor as well. About half of our meetings involved my (now) husband (back then fiance, of course) chatting about EPL (i.e.-UK Soccer) and Dean sharing fun or funny things he's witnessed at weddings. Ask him about the groom who hired a small person for "assistance" in the garter toss. ;) We will miss our meetings with him! Anyway, Dean did an superb job at my wedding --- connecting with the guests and had the right music selections to keep everyone on the dance floor all night long. As you can read, Dean is amazing. I strongly recommend him. =)

Profile Picture MrsJ, 4/30/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

I don't know where to begin!! Dean was PERFECT! My guest and family members personally came up to me to talk about how WONDERFUL he was! He made this day so much more perfect. He met with Us, even came to some last minute meetings. He knew what he was doing, and made the wedding so beautiful with the lighting as well. He even had the best suggestions for the wedding time line we ended up using! I'm so thankful for him and all he did. I'm sad the wedding had to end! He was absolutely perfect.

Profile Picture Liz, 8/9/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Unique Services (Other)

Dean is my go-to DJ. He is AWESOME. He's professional, courteous, and has an amazing personality (and a sexy British accent)--which all come out in his performance. He reads the crowd beautifully, and he's an old pro at hosting wedding receptions. We got SO many compliments on what a talented DJ he is. He had the party going until the very end--no small feat! He was fun, funny, and extremely kind. I will always turn to him when I need a DJ, no doubt. Thank you, Dean!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 7/18/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dean is a fantastic DJ, he listened to what we wanted for our wedding and delivered. He is very easy to work with and overall nice guy. I would recommend Dean for any event. The music and schedule at my wedding was flawless.

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We booked Dean very early into our year and a half long engagement. From the first meeting to the last minutes of our reception, he was consistently professional, helpful, hilarious, entertaining and responsive. He has a lot of experience and it shows. His rates are more than fair especially in light of said experience and personality. I had no idea what to expect at our reception but Dean got everyone on the dance floor like I could have never imagined- even parents and older guests! He played the perfect variety of songs from all eras. He won't just show up to play a bunch of top 40 pop songs- he WILL work with you, your interests, your preferences, and he will give honest feedback and care about you, your story, your family, and not just a paycheck. Book him for your wedding or any event!

Profile Picture Nikki, 6/27/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Great DJ and services provided. Professional and knows his music! Kept our guests dancing for hours!

Profile Picture Jasmina, 5/25/15, 2 Reviews