Roy Nuesca Photography Reviews

Roy Nuesca Photography 3
Roy Nuesca Photography 4
Roy Nuesca Photography 5

Isamu · Married on 05/21/2017

Roy isn't just a talented individual but a genuine and sincere person. He goes above and beyond what's expected. He has an eye and intuition to capture just the right moments. My wife and I are forever grateful for his work and service. While our most special day zipped by, we're able to look back anytime and cherish the photos captured so perfectly. Big Mahalo's and love to you brother! 10/10 would definitely ask to shoot for us again lol.

-M&I

Sent on 09/27/2017

Jastine · Married on 05/20/2017

Roy helped capture all the special moments of our wedding and his work is magnificent. He is very easy to work with and very accommodating. I would recommend him a million times over!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Cassandra · Married on 05/18/2017

We experienced exceptional service from Roy both before, during, and after our wedding ceremony. Our wedding was in a fairly remote part of Hawaii but Roy took it all in hand and made his own travel arrangements and arrived right on cue. We love the photos and feel they were worth every penny. Highly recommended

Sent on 09/06/2017

Jen · Married on 05/06/2017

Roy is amazing!! I first saw Roy's work through one of my friend's wedding pictures and immediately wanted him to take my engagement photos once I found out we were heading to Hawaii for vacation. Roy was very prompt at responding and took the time to ask us if there were any specifics we wanted, what types of locations we preferred, etc. My fiancé and I have never done a photoshoot so we were really nervous & felt awkward, but Roy helped us through it and we ended up having a blast taking pictures. (My fiancé even thinks he's a model now, haha). Unfortunately, the weather wasn't the best; it was super windy and a little rainy & I was afraid that the shots wouldn't come out good, but Roy pulled it off!! I was so in love with our pictures, you wouldn't believe that the weather was bad at all by looking at the pictures. Roy's pictures are very clean, simple, and definitely don't look overly edited/photoshop. I would without a doubt recommend Roy for your next event or wedding!
    P.S. He was also very friendly & personable and recommended lots of yummy food spots around the island! :)

Sent on 12/05/2016
  • Gretchen

Gretchen · Married on 02/04/2017

Choosing Roy as my photographer was actually the first decision and easiest decision I made for my wedding. I knew Roy would be my photographer for my wedding even before I was proposed to. You can see love in his photos. You can feel love in his photos. This is why I chose him as our wedding photographer. He has such a blessed talent. Roy has this eye for capturing those special moments and making you feel how the person/people in the photo are feeling. You can really see and feel the emotions just by looking at his photos. I've admired Roy's photos for such a long time and now that I've gotten the chance to work with him personally, I get so excited and so proud to tell people that Roy Nuesca photographed my wedding. Roy is such a chill guy that always gives you "feel good vibes". Amongst the chaos of family all around and the bride (me) feeling a slight panic attack because I did not know what I should do next, Roy was calm and confident with guiding me through it all and I am so grateful for that. He sent me some samples of my wedding photos and they are beautiful. I can't wait for the rest of them. My whole wedding experience was absolutely amazing and I'm so glad that Roy was a part of my big day. Thank you, Roy.

Sent on 08/28/2016

Justin · Married on 10/29/2016

During the year we spent planning for our actual wedding, we put aside “us” time for a vacation to New York, and by pure coincidence Roy would be shooting a few assignments in the city at the same time. He slipped us into his tight schedule for a memorable engagement shoot 5000 miles away from home.

Roy was a pleasure to work with; he accommodated his shoot around our touristy schedule, and he literally spent the whole day with us. Not only was he able to capture our engagement session, but also we now have amazing pictures to look back upon that remind us of our wonderful time exploring the city.

Roy has a lifelong photography background that is definitely displayed through the product that is professionally presented to his customers. You don’t have to read a bunch of reviews, to know he take’s great pictures, it’s obviously displayed right before your eye’s, but what drew us to continue to work with Roy in the future and recommend him to those seeking a photographer is his genuine personality. When we spent the day with Roy, we never felt like we were on a shoot. We thought we were hanging out with a long time friend, who happened to be snapping a couple pictures here and there. The shoot felt very casual and laid back, and rather running us through a bunch of poses, Roy spends his time capturing candid moment’s that when we looked back at the photo, brought back all types of feelings and memories that are hard to remember as time passed. We weren’t even aware at that time that he had taken the photo! So to make your decision easier, just book Roy Nuesca

Sent on 01/25/2017

rachel · Married on 07/09/2016

Roy was recommended by a friend, and I'm so glad that he was! Roy was a joy to work with from the start. We met before doing our engagement pictures so he could find out exactly what we wanted. He gave us some great professional advice (like different locations that matched the feel we were looking for, time of day for different locations, etc.) and listened to everything that we requested. He was very easy to talk to, he almost felt like a friend we've known for a long time. During the shoot, he made us feel so comfortable behind the camera and really made that day fun for us. The photos turned out AWESOME! The wedding day was the same, he always asked us how we were doing, or if we needed anything. He was very thoughtful. You can tell that Roy really enjoys what he does, that it's not just a business for him. He really cares about his clients and their wedding experience. I loved our pictures and I would definitely recommend Roy!

Sent on 03/02/2017

Isabelle · Married on 05/29/2016

My cousin referred Roy to my fiance, Chris and me, and when we instantly connected when we first spoke with him. Roy is very professional, down to earth, such an easy guy to talk to, and he is an incredibly talented photographer. I come from a family of photographers, and they've all used him for various special events and said he's done some of their best work. Roy responds to emails and texts in a very timely manner and always welcomes us to ask any questions we might have. When we did our engagement photo shoot, he always made sure we were comfortable on camera. He had a clear vision of what he wanted to take photos of, and everything turned out AMAZING! I don't think there was a single shot we didn't like (which made it difficult to choose only 4 pics for our save the dates ;-)) I would recommend Roy to anyone who values professionalism, details, natural and effortless shots, and wants to have a great and memorable time! We love him and can't wait for him to be our photographer on our big day!

Sent on 11/06/2015
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 05/28/2016

Ease, unique and perfect!

Weddings and engagement shoots, may or may not go as planned. But when the weather changes the ceremony and reception location, you just have to adapt and be flexible. Roy did exactly that! In fact, he went above and beyond. We had a trash the dress underwater shoot after the wedding to complete our wedding video! To this day, my husband and I are so thrilled with the entire package - the photobook, the wooden USB, and all our pictures! Thank you Roy!

Sent on 05/18/2019

Stacie · Married on 03/05/2016

When searching for a wedding photographer, we wanted to capture a look that was interesting and different from the usual wedding photos. We were looking for a photographer we felt comfortable with and who was knowledgeable about the process of a wedding. We were fortunate enough to find Roy through a mutual friend. He was really more than we could’ve asked for in a photographer. He didn’t just give us beautiful photos, he gave us vivid memories of our special day that we will proudly look back on for years to come.
    Working with Roy was so easy. Throughout the planning process, he was very accommodating, prompt with emails, attentive, and was very knowledgeable especially when we weren’t sure about how to plan our timeline. He took all of our concerns and ideas and worked them into his final product. On the day of the wedding, we were able to enjoy ourselves without worrying if someone caught the moment on camera. The final product allowed us to follow almost the entire day from start to finish, almost like watching a video of the day—really cool.
    Roy captured a lot of amazing photos from our wedding day. Model-quality for some of them, in my opinion! I truly believe that it was because we were able to relax and be ourselves even with Roy and his second shooter telling us to kiss or hold hands. It takes some getting-use-to for anyone who is not a model, but Roy was easy-going and gave great direction.
    If we were to do it all over again, we’d probably re-hire a handful of our vendors. But Roy is one we couldn’t do without! One of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding!

Sent on 02/14/2017

Sarah Mae · Married on 02/20/2016

Roy was our photographer for our engagement shoot and wedding. To this day, nearly six months after our wedding, my husband and I look at our wedding pictures in awe! We are SO thankful we can relive each part of our big day - the big and small moments - with the beautiful photos that Roy provided us. We even had six large photos printed for our hallway, and I can't help but smile each time I walk through. It really bring me back to the happiest day of our lives.

We highly recommend Roy as your event photographer. He is the most down-to-earth and friendly person whom anyone is blessed to meet. He is so easy to talk to and genuinely cares about what YOU care about. He will get to know your style, preference, and vision for your wedding. He'll capture way more than that, though! When you see your photos for the first time, it'll take your breath away.

Sent on 08/04/2016

Dinah · Married on 01/09/2016

We were so lucky to have the opportunity to work with Roy. I was referred to him through a friend and met him over email. It’s really important that you feel comfortable with your photographer and when we met him in person, we felt like we already knew him. He puts you at ease and makes sure you don’t feel awkward during your session. We were so lucky he captured Fall the way we pictured it. His pictures tell you a story of the day, which is awesome! I HIGHLY recommend him to anyone who has the opportunity to work with him.

Sent on 01/25/2017

Jane · Married on 12/12/2015

Roy Nuesca is hands down THE BEST photographer we could have for our wedding. Not only is he great at what he does, but he is also personable and very kind. During our engagement photo shoot, he spent his entire day taking us to all the beautiful spots he knew on Oahu. My wife and I had a great time working with Roy as he made us feel very comfortable during the photo shoots. Roy is willing to do whatever it takes to make our time together as fun and easy enjoyable as possible. We had nothing to worry about on the wedding day, as Roy and his team made every effort to capture each important and beautiful moment for us. When we saw the photos, we were amazed. It was everything we wanted and more! Due to his genuine care and kindness, we are still in touch with each other 6 months after the wedding. He is no longer our wedding photographer, but has become a very dear friend! We recommend Roy to anyone who wants to have only the most beautiful photos captured of their engagement and wedding. He truly is THE BEST!

Sent on 06/22/2016

Brandie · Married on 11/13/2015

Roy has captured our life's most memorable moments with such creativity! My husband and it were so happy that we choose Roy as our photographer. Not only did he photograph our wedding festivities but he has now become our family photographer. He has took my maternity photos and we look forward to having him take our family photos on the near future.
    Through our wedding journey he was always willing to adventure with us. Our engagement photoshoot was on a hike. We had a simple beach sunset wedding which the pictures were so beautiful. He also joined us on our Alaskan cruise vow renewal where he took photos of our entire trip! After the wedding festivities, we had a kayaking adventure to the Moks I'm Kailua. We've been so happy with our photos with Roy. And plan to continue to have him capture other precious moments in the future!

Sent on 01/27/2017

Inochi · Married on 08/22/2015

Roy is absolutely fantastic! My wife and I met Roy through his fiancée and we had the privilege of having him as our wedding photographer. He did such an incredible job and far exceeded our expectations. He took all the pictures we wanted: getting ready shots, photos with our families and wedding party before the ceremony, beautiful and breathtaking pictures at the ceremony and the reception, and he even shot great post-wedding pictures (underwater!) during our honeymoon in Hawaii. He is very professional, talented, and experienced, and not only does he have a great eye for wonderful shots, but he also has a kind and caring heart that helps people to feel comfortable and be themselves before the camera. The pictures Roy took tell the story of our wedding day, as he captured the excitement, the happiness and joy, the tears, and the laughter, all of which we are able to cherish forever because of the amazing photos he took for us. We love Roy and highly recommend him for your special day!

Sent on 01/05/2016

Valine · Married on 08/01/2015

We found Roy through our now retired wedding planner who has known him for many years. we had searched for so long for the perfect photographer until she suggested him. we went to his website and Facebook and saw how amazingly creative he captured every picture he takes. whether it was a special event or just a casual day exploring his work was breathtaking which is exactly what you want for such an important day. i reached out to him and just through email there was a sweet and genuine professionalism that he carried. he is so observant and completely affordable!! we were very tight on money for photography but he made us feel comfortable and very satisfied that he could accomplish what we wanted within a great price range. he flew in a few days before the wedding to overlook every area that we would be in and to join us for the rehearsal dinner. every moment with him didnt feel like just another job to do it felt like friends celebrating a memorable event and capturing every moment. we have our pictures and the album he made us that turned out nothing short of spectacular and more than we could have asked for. he will continue to be our photographer for other events, granted hes available. i would give him so much more than 5 stars if i could because 5 stars just doesnt truly reflect his talent and skill.

Sent on 11/03/2015

Sabrina · Married on 05/30/2015

Roy is absolutely AMAZING. Roy did our engagement, wedding, and post wedding photos and we absolutely love every single moment he captured. We interviewed about 3 photographers and the moment we met with Roy we knew he was the one we wanted to photograph our wedding. We truly appreciated his professionalism, creativity, and eye for capturing the most beautiful shots AND he is one of the nicest guys EVER. We truly enjoyed having Roy as our photographer and HIGHLY recommend him! Hands down, super amazing guy and work.

Jamie · Married on 05/09/2015

Roy did an outstanding job on our wedding photos! He went above and beyond what we were expecting.

You can tell he loves photography, loves serving couples and truly enjoys photographing weddings. He made us feel comfortable and worked professionally with us. He definitely put everything into it and captured beautiful photos of the day--each and every aspect. The photos beautifully captured the location, the feel, the excitement and rejoicing of the day. People's emotions were captured on photo more than we could even expect, which is such a treasure to have!

Since my new husband and I are wedding cinematographers, we have worked with many wedding photographers. We have to say, Roy stands out as a professional and pleasant photographer to work with! In every area, he goes above and beyond. No hesitation--Roy is the top-notch photographer!

Rianna · Married on 04/21/2015

If you want a photographer that cares about what kind of photos you have and isn't your typical cheesy 'wedding photographer' choose Roy Nuesca Photography!
    We connected with Roy through email from Australia, he went over everything we wanted to know about and more. When we arrived in Hawaii Roy met with us and we were blown away with his sincere kindness and professionalism.
    Roy stayed with us from the ceremong right through the reception and made sure he captured every moment we wanted and more.
    He understood us like we were old friends and made sure we were comfortable every step of the way.
    The finished result is more than we'd ever imagined! He gave us sneak peaks, a blog, a sideshow video our prints and a gorgeous USB with all our images.
    The photos Roy took are stunning in every way and we wouldn't recommend looking anywhere else!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Leila · Married on 12/13/2014

We had the pleasure of having Roy be the photographer of our wedding and part of our honeymoon. His pictures are permanently part of our screen savers! We are incredibly thankful for having found him, because the results were amazing. Needless to say, all our family and friends were impressed and wanted his contact information.

Sent on 11/18/2015

Roy was our photographer for my husband and I's engagement photos and wedding. Roy has the talent to see things differently through his eyes and camera. He can make the most weirdest location look so amazing, romantic and whimsical. He knows how to exactly pose you for the perfect shot .He is very professional, kind, patience and talented . He worked with out budget and even came on time for appointments and on our wedding day. Roy gave a wonderful book of highlights of our wedding and digital copies of all the photos he took at the wedding. Overall he is just a really nice guy to work with. I was not disappointed at any pictures that he produced. All the pictures he took was wonderful and a different styles than any other photographer.

AugustusCezar · Married on 04/04/2014

We are from California with a destination wedding in Oahu, Hawaii and found Roy Nuesca's services very accommodating. He was very nice, prompt, easy to talk to, and very flexible to work with. We chose him because of his quality of work and the portfolio he had on his website. He has a lot of great ideas that we would have never thought of imagining. We love that about him giving us suggestions, locations, and even working with us with our time to get our stunning engagement pictures taken as we had scarce amount of time when we live in the mainland and having someone like Roy working with us.

Roy was also working with us from the start of our wedding preparations, ceremony and during the reception. He captured all our precious moments to give us remembrance from our special day. We are thankful to have him work with us. We definitely highly recommend Roy to our friends, family, & colleagues. I suggest to check his website and see for yourself.

Sent on 11/03/2015

Karen · Married on 01/03/2014

I was a bride planning a wedding from half an ocean and continent away and Roy made it easy and gave me peace of mind in a whirlwind of appointments and emails. He was able to capture some treasured moments of not only our wedding but moments of just my husband and me being ourselves (my favorite ones). I now also have some rare moments between family and friends (a lot of my friends are from out of town) that are very dear to me. He was flexible and was great at going with the flow- something that shouldn't have been expected of him but I am very grateful for. I wouldn't have done things any differently; Roy is amazing and has a talent for translating magical moments into photos that bring back the best emotions.

Sent on 11/24/2015

Chandra · Married on 07/15/2013

Roy captured our wedding weekend perfectly. Literally every tiny moment that I remembered in my head was in a picture when I received them a few weeks after my wedding. I shed one tiny tear during my wedding while my dad was giving his Father of the Bride speech. And Roy caught it on camera! I could not have asked for a better photographer that documented every detail, as well as a fantastic job on the editing and making my pictures look like they came from a bridal magazine. Make the planing process a little easier and cross the photographer off your list and choose Roy.

Sent on 01/03/2017

Spencer · Married on 07/06/2013

Choosing Roy as our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. First of all the best images he creates are like nobody else. His perspective and very creative style is what drew us to his work in the first place. That being said what we enjoyed most was just working with such a great person. He did everything possible to accommodate our needs and beyond. Just an overall great guy to be around. The turn around time was amazingly fast as well! I was shocked on how quickly we got our photos back completely edited in a beautiful package. Super great experience with Roy Nuesca!

Sent on 11/04/2015