Roy Nuesca Photography Reviews

Roy Nuesca Photography 3
Roy Nuesca Photography 4
Roy Nuesca Photography 5

Ashley · Married on 05/10/2019

My Fiancé and I came to Hawaii for our engagement photos and Roy did an incredible job. Communication with him online was easy and he was very responsive to all of my questions. He even helped picked a location in Oahu that has the greenery and ocean view.

On the day of our photo shoot it was half in the rain, but Roy still did an incredible job and no one can even notice the rain in our photos.

Overall, Roy made us feel very comfortable throughout the shoot and I would recommend him to everyone.

Sent on 05/21/2018
  • Aly

Aly Enns · Married on 05/08/2019

I love re-living that day through Roys photos

Roy was wonderful, we loved his chilled out vibe on our wedding day and we had a lot of laughs with him and his second shooter. All our family and friends say that our photographs look like something out of a magazine, we are so lucky. He took so many shots I wasn't even aware he was taking, which was a lovely surprise. I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 09/17/2019

Thriscia · Married on 02/16/2019

Working with Roy was easy and he is very flexible, responsive, and amazingly talented. I booked our engagement photoshoot with him when I found out that he was flying in New York for a wedding. He squeezed us in to his already very tight schedule. The day of our sesssion it started as sunny, then cloudy, then rainy and windy, then it was just pouring. Words couldn’t describe how anxious I was cause the place we picked out was outdoor and 30 minutes drive from Manhattan. He worked with us even when it was raining. Roy went above and beyond with how he handled the situation. And the outcome was spectacular! I would recommend him to everyone I know!

Roy Nuesca Photography 6
    Sent on 12/08/2017
  • Daniel

Daniel Burke · Married on 10/24/2018

Roy Rocks!

Roy is amazing. He went above and beyond to listen to our story, what our vision was and he helped make it come to life. At the last minute the weather was not playing nice and Roy was quick to provide alternative locations that were just as good if not better. Not being used to being photographed were were a little nervous, but Roy's easy going personality made it easy and a pleasure to be in front of the camera. Most importantly the end results are spectacular and are often admired by our friends as family and some of the best wedding photos they have ever seen. His photos are rich, full of life, and never come off as staged. If you are having a wedding in Hawaii, or anywhere for that matter, you need to book this man.

Sent on 08/29/2019
  • Q

Qianyu Chen · Married on 09/27/2018

Best wedding photographer

Roy is the best!We were blown away when we first saw all our photos!!! Words can not describe how impressed we were. We absolutely loved every bit of it - the color , the angle, the story behind each and every little scene. We have been receiving countless complements on them when we show them to families and friends. We are so excited to have them printed out and hang on our walls. As that being said, we really wanted to thank Roy for his great work. It means a whole world for us and it definitely made our wedding day.

Sent on 03/08/2019

Jennyfer · Married on 09/01/2018

Roy is the most gifted and passionate photographer we know

ROY IS THE MOST GIFTED AND PASSIONATE PHOTOGRAPHER We KNOW! He was our first choice b/c we knew we wouldn't have to worry about him executing and capturing moments with his touch of creativity. We really trust him. He truly is gifted in taking shots, BUT! also in editing. We love His style in his edits. He has impeccable style, it really took us back to relive those exact moments he captured and you can tell he put in a lot of work in his edits. His pictures are very significant, epic, and breathe taking. He is humble, professional, consistent and relational. These were some of the qualities we were looking for. He certainly went above and beyond for us. Thank you Roy, you truly are an amazing photographer!

Roy Nuesca Photography 7
    Roy Nuesca Photography 18
    Sent on 01/22/2019

Meagan Banda · Married on 06/10/2018

The Best Photographer in the Wedding Game

Roy exceeded our expectations! Having a destination wedding is difficult because you have to trust your vendors from thousands of miles away. Roy made communication very easy before our big day. He answered all questions to help ease a nervous bride's mind. He was helpful on the day of helping us take the pictures we wanted. When we got the photos back, I was in tears they were so beautiful. Thank you for making our wedding day dreams come true, Roy!

Sent on 04/03/2019

Betsy · Married on 05/26/2018

My husband and I loved Roy as our wedding photographer. Roy was so easy to work with, very friendly and extremely talented. We HIGHLY recommend hiring him as your photographer. We can't thank him enough for all that he did and for capturing such a special time in our lives, we will cherish these pictures forever! Thanks again Roy, hope to see you again!

Roy Nuesca Photography 19
    Roy Nuesca Photography 28
    Sent on 07/13/2018
  • Jaime

Jaime · Married on 05/26/2018

We had a great time with Roy!

When my partner and I started planning our wedding, the very first vendor we picked was Roy Nuesca. We were stunned by his Instagram feed, and when we spoke to him (via FaceTime, as we were planning the wedding from abroad), we got along instantly. He’s a young guy, super nice, super open. At every step of our conversation, and then during the ceremony, he listened to us, joked with us, and helped keep us at ease as he composed his shots. His assistant on the day was just as warm and friendly as him. And the photos... well, his work speaks for itself, but they were gorgeous! We had a great time with Roy!

Sent on 12/19/2018
  • Tiffanie

Tiffanie Westgor · Married on 05/25/2018

Outstanding Photographer. Outstanding Man. You want him by your side on your big day!

Roy. Oh, Roy... ROY IS AN OUTSTANDING PHOTOGRAPHER!! We have dealt with many photographers in the past for various photoshoots, and Roy just knows how to not only work the camera, but the different positions couples should be, his art direction, location preferences, EVERYTHING. You can trust him! Many photographers would ask us, as a couple, what we want to do next...and it just gets awkward. Roy didn't do that. He just knew what to do and instructed us in the kindest manner because he is awesome and such a sweet guy!! You will be with your photographer for a very good amount of time for your wedding/engagement shoot, etc...trust me, you want to be with Roy to make you feel comfortable on your big day!

Sent on 10/26/2018

DI · Married on 05/21/2018

Roy is the absolutely THE BEST! My husband and I had our destination wedding in Hawaii a month ago, and we were so blessed that we had Roy as our wedding photographer. Planning a wedding always is not an easy work, especially for a destination wedding, but we are so happy that Roy's fabulous works made everything worth it! I found Roy on Knot, the moment I opened his portfolio, I decided to choose Roy as my wedding photographer. He is such a talented artist and all of his photos speak for themselves. We met Roy before our wedding day to have the engagement session. He is really easy-going(both my husband and Roy love cars, sneakers and they had the topic always. lol) and fun to work with, PLUS, he is definitely super professional. (We told him we are like Chandler Bing from Friends when we take photos, but Roy made it so easy for us to feel so comfortable to pose, laugh and enjoy in the engagement session). For the wedding day, Roy and his friend were there taking all the detail photos and helping us catch all the moments of our big day. And all the photos I had received from Roy are perfect! I am thinking to have Roy do another couple session on our anniversary and I will definitely recommend Roy to my friends as their couple session, engagement and wedding photographer! Choose Roy, you won't be regrets! :D

Sent on 06/21/2018
  • Vernee

Vernee · Married on 05/04/2018

We had our engagement shoot with Roy and it was incredible. I've lived in Hawaii for five years and he still managed to find the most unique places for our shoot. If anyone is awkward, it is me and my fiance but Roy definitely helped us feel comfortable and let us have fun with our shoot.

Roy Nuesca Photography 29
    Sent on 12/18/2017

Ryan · Married on 03/31/2018

Roy was a consummate professional throughout the entire process, from booking to engagement shoot to wedding day to follow-up prints, etc. He was responsive and responsible. He was creative and understanding. Overall, we love his work and he made it super easy for us, both at our engagement shoot in California and on our wedding day in Oahu. Roy also made us very comfortable during the shoot, giving us direction when we needed it, but also encouraging us to be ourselves. Our pictures came out very natural, and we love that we had goofy photos and serious ones that captured the perfect moments in the perfect way.

Sent on 09/21/2018
  • kayla

kayla · Married on 02/15/2018

Seamless & Stunningly Creative

Best vendor decision everrrrr!!! My only regret is not writing this review earlier (sorry Roy). ☹ We got married on O’ahu, but did all of our planning from Australia. We loved Roy’s style and creative eye after stalking his images online, and were drawn to him because his images tell a story and are artistic – not just the traditional wedding pics. At first, I was really nervous at the idea of FaceTime interviewing our potential photographers, but boy did Roy take away all those nerves within the first 30 seconds. Right from the start he was so kind, genuine and immediately made me feel at ease. When we finally met in person on our wedding day I felt an instant connection and calm around him and his assistant. They made us laugh, made us feel beautiful and captured the moments of our big day perfectly. Then, Roy knocked it out of the park when we did our “post-wedding session” a couple weeks later in Nu’uanu Valley. He was just as excited as we were to stomp through the mud & pouring rain to get unique shots in an entirely different setting. When the final photos came back, my husband and I were blown away! He captured our personalities and our guests and the entire story so well. As a bonus, Roy was a DREAM to work with when it came to communication. We had a challenging time with a lot of our vendors on this, but not him. He was always punctual with email responses and his contract/invoicing/digital download was seamless. His efficiency in this area was top notch and sooooo appreciated! We are forever grateful that we trusted Roy and chose him as our photographer. His talent has helped us freeze time, allowing us to feel the intense emotions of our wedding day for eternity. We cannot thank you enough, Roy! Mahalo!

Roy Nuesca Photography 30
    Roy Nuesca Photography 31
    Roy Nuesca Photography 32
    Roy Nuesca Photography 33
    Sent on 01/22/2019

Michelle · Married on 01/01/2018

I've always loved Roy's work. I told myself if I ever get married I would want him to be my photographer. Then it happened. He was the first vendor I contacted after getting engaged. Pre-wedding communication and payments were so easy. Then the wedding day - my husband and I really enjoyed working with him. He's so sweet and made it fun for us even though it rained the entire time! Now we have our finished photos and I absolutely love them! It's artsy/classy which perfectly represents how I felt that day captured in a photo. Even the rainy photos look better than if it were a sunny day. I would definitely recommend him to anyone!

Roy Nuesca Photography 34
    Sent on 06/03/2018

Matalasi · Married on 10/28/2017

I'm going to put it simply: HIRE ROY.

Having a fantastic photographer was one of the most important things to my husband and I, so we began our photography research very early on in the planning stages. We were looking for a photographer with an eye for detail, a creative and unique flare, and ultimately, someone who could capture the essence of our special day. We got all of those things and more with Roy. We were blessed to work with Roy for our engagement, and wedding photos and we still get compliments on how amazing our photos turned out. We were also blessed with a lot of rain on our wedding day, which would have worried me IF we didn't have such a seasoned, and talented photographer on our team. The images that Roy took were breathtaking and truly froze perfect moments in time. I can't rave enough about Roy-- his portfolio speaks for itself. However, if you need more convincing, please know that not only will you receive amazing and one of a kind wedding photos, you will also have the pleasure of working with someone who is highly professional, gives great direction, and goes above and beyond to ensure that when you look back at your wedding, you remember the fondest and most wonderful memories. We hit the jackpot when we found Roy Nuesca, and I will forever be thankful!

Sent on 11/08/2017

Nadia · Married on 10/07/2017

Recently, Roy took our Wedding Photos and all i can say is they came out beautifully! He is what they call in the photography world "has the eye!" the photos were very nicely edited and returned within a reasonable time. He is a very easy person to work with and really listens to what you want. I highly recommended and consider him as an amazing photographer! Book with Roy and you will not be disappointed!

Roy Nuesca Photography 35
    Sent on 11/29/2017

Mahshid · Married on 09/03/2017

Roy was an absolute dream to work with.

Being a couple from Toronto and planning our destination wedding in Hawaii without a wedding planner meant that we had to put a lot of faith and trust in our vendors. After seeing Roy’s portfolio and getting a quick response from him via email, we knew our search was over. His pricing is extremely fair for the amount of talent and love that goes into the end product. We find ourselves going back and reliving our wedding day through his photos, which turned out like idyllic paintings. He managed to blend us into all of the natural beauty that surrounded us on our day and capture so many special fleeting moments that we would have never been aware of – he’s truly a talent.

Also included in our package was a post-wedding day photo shoot which we booked three days after the wedding. We ended up getting stuck in traffic and arriving on location with only 45 minutes left until sunset. Roy managed to keep us calm and worked quickly to create what ended up being some of our favorite photos!

Simply put, his work is absolutely stunning, he has an exceptional eye for his surroundings, and his ability to direct without interfering with the candidness of the shots is truly astounding. Thank you again, Roy!!

Roy Nuesca Photography 36
    Roy Nuesca Photography 37
    Sent on 01/24/2018

Toni · Married on 08/12/2017

Hiring Roy to photograph our wedding was one of the best decisions we made as an engaged couple! We met with many photographers over the course of a few months and no one compared to Roy. We warned Roy when we initially met with him that we were a very "non-photogenic"/awkward-in-front-of-the-camera couple and Roy laughed with us saying that it would be OK and that he would be there to help us. That being said, your wedding photographer should be someone who loves what he/she does and who genuinely cares about gifting to you the wedding memories that will last you a lifetime. This is Roy in a nutshell. He is so down to earth, genuine and happy. On top of that, Roy was very flexible and fit in a last minute engagement session for us and even answered an email I sent out the night before the wedding (I was stressing out)! Looking at our photos from our wedding 4 months ago is like re-living and re-feeling all those moments again and again, all thanks to Roy.

Sent on 12/11/2017

Midori · Married on 07/17/2017

His photography is a MASTERPIECE OF ART that you can look at every day on your wall! I 100% recommend Roy!
    We LOVE LOVE LOVE how the photos turned out.

He was on time and very patient even though our wedding and pre-wedding day shoot was very tight schedule.

RAIN OR SHINE He’ll work his magic to deliver the most beautiful and romantic photos. I personally love the rain photo that looks like it's from a movie scene.

His nature of calm and fun personality made us comfortable during the session.

His service and photos are beyond expectation that being said It was the best money we spent on our wedding.
    I have received so many compliments from my friends & family.
    We will definitely schedule a session with him in the future again for another occasion!

Roy Nuesca Photography 38
    Roy Nuesca Photography 39
    Roy Nuesca Photography 40
    Sent on 11/30/2017

Chad · Married on 07/07/2017

Roy did an awesome job capturing our wedding. Our family and friends are amazed with the quality and the moments he was able to capture.

Sent on 11/08/2017

Natalie · Married on 06/30/2017

Roy is incredible, hands down. He photographed our engagement and wedding on O'ahu and delivered absolutely stunning images - I have received countless compliments from friends and family about his captures of our love story and we are so, so grateful to have these images for the rest of our lives. He is calm in the midst of chaos, flexible when changes are made, gives helpful direction and encouragement, and he always does whatever it takes to get the shot.
    From the time I met Roy in the wedding industry about four years ago, I've had the privilege of watching his work improve and become more intensely beautiful over time. As a photographer myself, it is a huge thing for me to be able to trust someone to capture my vision, and Roy did that. Thank you Roy, you are the greatest!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Jorge · Married on 06/25/2017

Roy is simply amazing. At first we didn't really know what we were doing but he graciously guided us through the whole photography planning process. All our questions were answered honestly and without making us feel silly for asking. On the day of the wedding we had so much fun during the bridal party and couples pictures and everything felt so natural! Our family is very large but Roy was patient and kindly guided everyone on where to stand. When we received the photos we were shocked at how much more beautiful they were than we could have ever imagined! Roy's natural talent, experience, and professionalism made the entire experience a wonderful one and now we are blessed with incredible masterpieces!

Roy Nuesca Photography 41
    Sent on 10/12/2017

John · Married on 05/27/2017

From the very beginning, Roy Nuesca was our first choice! We decided that if Roy wasn't available on our wedding day, we'd move our wedding day just to have him photograph our once-in-a-lifetime day...yes, he's that good! He's so easy to work with and makes you feel comfortable while doing it. His artistic style is also something to marvel at...he has an amazing eye for shots and can make anything look beautiful...even my ugly crying when my husband proposed looked amazing! He was there for our proposal, our engagement photos, AND the wedding. He captured everything more perfectly than I could have imagined. He's definitely worth every penny!

Roy Nuesca Photography 42
    Roy Nuesca Photography 43
    Roy Nuesca Photography 44
    Sent on 10/16/2017

Cassie · Married on 05/24/2017

My Husband and I could not be happier with he quality photos we received from Roy.
    He made us feel so comfortable on our wedding day and we knew from our first email correspondence with him that we had made the right choice....money well spent! We could not recommend him highly enough.

Sent on 08/27/2017