Rouge Fine Catering Reviews

Rouge Fine Catering 5
Rouge Fine Catering 6
Rouge Fine Catering 7

M · Married on 08/20/2016

We used Rouge for our wedding in August 2016 and could not have been more pleased. From the first initial contact with them, they were easy to work with, helpful, responsive, and answered all of our questions in a very timely manner. They worked with us to put together a menu based on what we were looking for and made suggestions as needed. As we live out of town, they worked with our schedule to accommodate a weekend where we could come in for a tasting. They allowed us to taste our entire menu, make a couple of minor tweaks, meet the chef, and even sent us home with more food! Throughout the entire process, their service and attention to detail was impeccable and they far succeeded our high expectations on the day of the wedding. Gabrielle, our event manager, was amazing! We received lots of compliments from our guests about the delicious food and the servers were attentive and professional. The presentation of the food was beautiful and the short ribs and rockfish were incredible! And our guests loved the homemade ice cream sandwiches! They even packed up two full meals and some dessert for us for after the wedding. Thank you to Gabrielle and the Rouge team for the 5 star food and top notch service. We would highly recommend Rouge for your next event!

Sent on 05/11/2018

We thought that Rouge Fine Catering provided outstanding catering all around. EVERY guest I spoke with commented on the excellent food. We had a buffet dinner with a cocktail hour before hand, and guests were pleased to be offered such an array of delicious food. The service was unbelievable. Every person from Rouge who I dealt with was quickly available, responsive, but not intrusive in any way. During the event the staff was instantly available to help, seeming to sense when I needed it so I didn't have to ask first. They did everything that I wanted. They were very efficient in how they did all their hard work. If you want catering with wonderful food that your guests will love, and if you want a smooth and easy experience with the catering, I highly recommend Rouge Fine Catering.

Sent on 08/28/2016

Kristin · Married on 07/24/2016

Rouge catering did a great job at our wedding. We asked for upscale comfort food and that is exactly what we got from appetizer to entrees. We did a family style serving and the serving staff was great about getting food out and refilling tables where it was needed. The quality of the food was outstanding and this is why we chose them as a vendor; they cook everything onsite which is very rare but definitely showed in the quality of the food! And, they have the best cornbread!!

Sent on 08/14/2016

Shawn · Married on 07/23/2016

I seriously can't stress enough how amazing their service was for my wedding. I was 2 months away, and catering was the hardest (and for wedding planning the most important part) check on my checklist. They were the only place (out of very many) that QUICKLY responded to me and my inquires (I'm talking like 12 hours later). They catered (pun intended) to everything I needed. My budget was serious tight and they had an amazing menu to offer WITHOUT hidden costs, just a bottom line total, and when you have a wedding on your hands worried about all the hidden fine lines like the other vendors I hired had, was a huge weight off my shoulders. So, then the big day- they were on time, helped with a cake and cupcakes that I had delivered from anther vendor. But most importantly!!: I rented a lot of vintage props and when I arrived, I found they dropped off a lot of things in one big pile and took off. My stress level hit the roof and I start running around in full hair/make up/dress, trying tset everything up in 90 degree heat. People were coming in an hour. And Rouge and they're employees stepped forward and started helping me, without me asking because why would I ask them? It's not their job! But they ALL pitched in, lugging large trunks, wine barrels, wagon wheel, etc. all around my venue for me. Telling me to stop and relax, that have it handled. So without them, my wedding wouldn't have happened!! But enough about the best service I could have possibly imagined and onto the delicious food! Everything was perfect. Every single person complimented the food, the drinks, everything. They were amazing, delicious food, above and beyond service. SERIOUSLY PEOPLE! I CANNOT RECOMMEND THEM ENOUGH!!

Sent on 07/26/2016

Katherine · Married on 07/16/2016

We had a wedding reception of over 200 guests. Thanks to the blizzard in January 2016, we also had to cancel our original reception date (2 days before) and reschedule for later in the year. Rouge was able to help us meet these planning challenges and we are extremely happy with the outcome.

In terms of the food: Rouge makes available an incredible number of options for passed appetizers, main meals, and desserts. You are best off if you have a pretty defined vision of what you're looking for. We had fewer defined ideas about food and struggled with the options, but Rouge's professionals were able to help guide us through the process. We were especially pleased with the appetizers - and Rouge experts were very helpful in fine tuning our entree selections after we left our tasting feeling like we had a dual plated selection where the two preparations were too strong in flavor and needed to be better paired. When we had to reschedule our reception from the winter to the summer, Rouge was fabulous about working with us to substitute some winter menu items (e.g., a hot chocolate bar) for some great summer seasonal items (e.g., working off menu to work with us to provide a bubble tea bar instead!). (The bubble tea bar was a HUGE hit.)

In terms of service: the Rouge team are professional and cooperative and energetic. One of the best things Rouge offers is a coordinator who will take you through planning and the day of - who will not only direct Rouge's operations and logistics but can also serve as point for coordinating with your many other vendors on the day of the event. Because of our date change, we had to work with two different coordinators, but they worked closely with each other and with us to make the transition very smooth.

The liquor package that Rouge offers is a very good deal. We wanted to do more customization of beer and wine. We did upgrade the beer options, but gave up on our ideal wines. But overall v happy w Rouge.

Sent on 12/29/2016

Thalia · Married on 07/03/2016

Weeks after my wedding I am still receiving compliments on the food catered for our special day! We had a wonderful experience with Rouge- particularly regarding the menu and the on-going communication between our caterers and our venue site. I had full confidence with this service and highly recommend their services.

Sent on 07/18/2016

Marianna · Married on 06/25/2016

Rouge catered our wedding this past Saturday, and we could not be happier with that decision! Their food is top-notch, but so is their service. As the bride, I felt tended to consistently throughout my reception. Everything was so delicious and I made it a point to try a little bit of everything. I got so stuffed! (Yes, I ate a lot at my own wedding). All our guests kept saying how phenomenal the food was, but the presentation was also stunning. Jordan was there to help every step of the way and seldom responded to an email 48 hours later- she typically responded within a day. Also, get to know their staff. They are super friendly and it is so nice to build a relationship with them. Rouge is nothing short of professional.

Sent on 06/28/2016

Sara · Married on 06/18/2016

Rouge is absolutely fantastic! From setting up a tasting, to planning, to delivery they are professionals that go above and beyond. Plus they work with a bakery to have the cake included so it's an easy and stress-free process. The food is fantastic. We had family style service and Rouge was great at bringing extras out for tables because everyone loved the food so much! We worked with Kaitlyn and she is amazing- very responsive, flexible and extremly organized. Highly recommend Rouge for their great service and amazing food!

Sent on 07/24/2016

Natasha · Married on 06/07/2016

We want to thank Rouge for making our big day simply unforgettable! I want to point out Sarah Kelley and the crew who did such an amazing job setting up and making sure everyone had everything they needed throughout the entire night while remaining invisible, that takes skills! The Chef who received complements from every guest at our wedding, food tasted amazing and was presented in a beautiful, elegant way.

Sarah, thank you for going above and beyond, you and your team made our night completely worry free. Thank you!!!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Rouge was very flexible and professional both pre-wedding and for the wedding and day after party. All of the food was exceptional including the home made ice cream. All of the guests were raving.

Sent on 06/06/2016

Molly · Married on 05/29/2016

Booking with Rouge for catering was the first decision I made for my wedding, and it was also the best one! The food was absolutely amazing and the customer service was fantastic. My guests are still talking about how delicious everything was, and how it far exceeded everyone's prior notions and expectations of what wedding food is. The team was always incredibly responsive and flexible in creating the menu. I loved how I could customize the food stations to my taste. At the event, every single member of the team was professional and friendly. Rouge is worth every penny and I highly recommend booking them for your next event.

Sent on 06/08/2016

Gene · Married on 05/21/2016

We used Rouge to cater our wedding and we were very happy with the entire catering experience!

1. One aspect that was very important to us was that we had one point of contact from initial phone call through the wedding day. Our initial sales contact (Jordan Bardel) became our sales manager, event manager throughout the planning process, and then was onsite the entire wedding day. We felt a very high comfort level because Jordan was with us throughout the whole process and we didn't have to keep re-explaining to new folks at every step.

2. When we visited Rouge for the initial tasting, Jordan took us on a facility tour and I was very impressed by their organization, logistics, and food prep/cooking stations. I know how hard it is to maintain quality when scaling up to a feed a large group.

3. Throughout the sales and planning process, Jordan was very responsive to our emails and phone calls. She was also very accommodating working with the kitchen with our initial and follow-up tastings. After all that, we were happy with our customized menu.

4. So now about the food. I mentioned above our concern with maintaining quality when cooking for a larger group. Rouge really delivered with the presentation and taste of all our appetizers, 2 meat entrees, and sides. We had many compliments on how good all the food tasted. Well done! (And even now, I look back on the photos because I miss the food...sigh)

5. I also wanted to compliment Rouge for the professionalism of all their staff. The entire on site team performed so well. From the setting up the table/linens/chairs, the bartenders, hor d'oeuvres and dinner servers, through desserts, the staff was effective, efficient, smiling, and friendly. We definitely felt well taken of.

Sent on 06/09/2016

Caroline · Married on 05/14/2016

Jacqueline and her team went above and beyond all of my expectations. The food was phenomenal, the staff so lovely and attentive, and the set-up was gorgeous. After the ceremony as I was taking pictures outside, one of the ladies brought me a plate of the appetizers!! It was raining the morning of my ceremony, and they managed to move the ceremony outside and completely flip the inside room to be ready for the dinner - I mean, that was a feat that truly shows the professionalism and extra effort this team will give you. Jacqueline and Celeste were always extremely responsive and open to making changes. I would absolutely recommend them for any event, they were amazing.

Sent on 05/23/2016

Christina · Married on 05/07/2016

First off, Rouge is amazing!! Where do I start??

If we have any events that need to be catered in the future, my husband and I will absolutely go with Rouge, no question. We initially did a tasting with a different local catering company who made us pay $20 a head for a buffet-style tasting. We were lucky enough to find Rouge and had a completely opposite experience with them right from the start! They held our tasting at Rouge's headquarters where you are treated to a private (free) tasting of your entire menu, served just how it would look on your event day.

Now, on to the food. The meal was outstanding! I can't say enough good things about the quality and presentation of the meal. Our guests were making sure to pull us aside during the wedding to tell us how delicious dinner was. :) Our vegetarians were also extremely pleased with their meals. Everything was wonderfully seasoned, nothing was swimming in sauce, the beef fillets were cooked to a perfect medium-rare (which to be honest, is an amazing feat to accomplish in an of itself, not to mention for 100 guests). Our MD Rockfish was out of this world, as were all of the appetizers.

Not only was the food exceptional, but working with Rouge for practically a year prior to our big day was also wonderful. Kaitlyn was our direct contact and she couldn't have been more helpful. She was speedy on responding to emails and phone calls and was an absolute delight to work with. The staff that worked on our wedding day were polite and helped our guests with anything they needed. Bar service was speedy and it seemed everyone had plenty to drink ;)

I can't say enough good things about Rouge, their staff, and the amazing food they create! Can't wait to have an excuse to use them again!!

~VERY Satisfied Customers

Sent on 05/19/2016

Lindsay · Married on 04/09/2016

My husband and I were so very, very lucky to have Rouge Fine Catering host our wedding celebration in April 2016. From the moment we reached out to the Rouge team, the experience was extremely professional, reliable, collaborative and fun. The first tasting sealed the deal and all subsequent tastings with other caterers didn't compare to Rouge. The food was absolutely outstanding, but what impressed me even more was how much we felt like they wanted to work with us to make us happy. I knew we were going to be in great hands with Rouge and they did not disappoint.

Leading up to the wedding we were in constant communication with our catering manager, Katie Canarr. Saying that Katie is fantastic,dedicated to executing flawless events, a true partner, and a thoughtful leader may just be the understatement of the year. Katie exercised a tremendous amount of patience with our multiple menu flips and flops. She helped me work out our very tricky seating plan, our linen selections, the event's signature drink, last minute rental needs (hello space heaters in April!). Did I mention she dreamed up the world's best donut bar?? Also, I never had to track Katie down. She was always one step ahead of me guiding me through the process. Katie is an absolute rock star and our special day would not have been the same without her.

On our wedding day, everything was absolutely flawless.The Rouge staff was top notch and we even had guests comment on the level of professionalism that their team displayed.

Did I mention the food??? IT WAS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME. It's been almost six months since our wedding and I still have family and friends talking about how delicious the food at our wedding was (seriously, when does that actually happen??). And they are not just saying it....they are gushing talking about specific items that they ate.

I would recommend Rouge to anyone. Thank your Rouge team for making the most important day of our life so easy, memorable and tasty!!

Sent on 09/04/2016

Sarah · Married on 04/01/2016

I have had SO many positive reactions to Rouge's professionalism and service at my wedding. The food was absolutely fabulous and the individual servers did so well. Jacqueline Bowen was our event lead and did an amazing job as well!!! She was so responsive to both me and my wife. Having Rouge take care of the cake and rentals took so much stress off of our planning timeline and I'm so grateful for the job they did.

Sent on 04/07/2016

Rebecca · Married on 03/26/2016

Most amazing and beautiful food hands down! They worked with us within our budget, and really made our wedding extra special. Both of our families still can't stop raving about the food. The presentation of the food was so beautiful, and it tastes amazing! We had 150 people at our wedding at the Hippodrome Theater in downtown Baltimore. Even with that many people, there was enough food for everyone and the quality was superb. They even set aside additional appetizers for my husband and I incase we missed them during the reception. Hands down the best and easiest caterer to work with in Baltimore. I recommend them 100%!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Natalie · Married on 03/24/2016

Rouge Catering is truly in a class of its own. It’s not often that the food is one of the most memorable parts of a wedding but we still have guests raving about the presentation and quality of our open bar, hors d'oeuvres, dinner, and desserts. It was evident from our first interaction with Rouge that they were a professional, customer-focused business. The number of cuisines and options they provide is mind-blowing and their staff was very hands-on, helping to create an initial menu that was special to us based off our personal story and geographical backgrounds.

The high-quality of their business became even more apparent when we visited their headquarters for our tasting. Unlike other caterers, nothing is cooked ahead of time, as they bring a mobile kitchen on site for each event. Rouge owns all of their own equipment and employs everyone related to the operation, which eliminates the risk associated with sub-contracting out certain elements. We also loved Rouge’s attention to detail and the emphasis they placed on the presentation. When preparing food at large events like weddings, it’s too difficult and time consuming for most caterers to get creative, but this was not the case with Rouge. All of their dishes, from the shrimp and grits hors d’oeuvres to the watermelon and feta salad were unlike anything we’d ever seen, but most importantly, tasted incredible.

The final thing we appreciated about Rouge was their customer service. The head chef and co-founder both took time out of their day to come meet and chat with us during our tasting, assuring us how pleased we would be. On the day of the wedding, Sarah Moses was the catering manager on-site and was exceptional. She was five feet behind us at all times, handing us food, beer, wine or whatever else we needed.

I hope to never get married again, but if I have to, at least I already know my caterer.

Sent on 06/24/2018

Rouge was amazing - Gabrielle had the whole event well in hand, and it went off without a hitch. The food was incredible, to the point where multiple guests emailed us after the fact to say how delicious everything was. They boxed up food for us in case we hadn't had a chance to grab dinner (we were so grateful), and even helped us box the cake, provided by a different vendor. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 04/04/2016

Dan · Married on 12/18/2015

Our company does an annual Christmas Party for 100+ people. This year we had to change caterers because the private Chef we used in past decided not to do catering anymore. We received several proposals and did tastings with catering companies in the area and Rouge was very competitive with pricing and the food we sampled was beautifully displayed when brought out to us and the taste was excellent. Overall their presentation and food won us over! The night of the party was no different, staff was very pleasant and professional, despite many members being of a younger age, and the food was delicious. Our party guest gave many compliments on the food and service. We will definitely be using them next year!

Sent on 03/24/2016

Kari · Married on 11/07/2015

Where do I begin? I am in love with Rouge Catering - they took care of us so well and the food was more than amazing. We had a couple people with food restrictions and we were able to do dual platted meals that were all gluten free and absolutely delicious....everyone was obsessed with the food - from cocktail hour to the meal and the chocolate covered strawberries at the end. The service was impeccable- Jordan kept in touch with me throughout the process and answered all of my questions. During the reception they even put all the cocktail food at our sweetheart table for us to try because they knew we would not have time at the cocktail hour. They also allowed my husband to have his special beer which him and the groomsmen drank all night - which meant a lot to him. I was so impressed with Rouge & we received compliments all night (and to this day) about how great everything was. Thank you all so much!!

Sent on 12/07/2015
  • User5562041 · 2+ years ago

My husband and I got married this past Saturday, and we used Rouge as our caterers. I have nothing but great things to say about Rouge. I'll start with the food. It was delicious. We have been to many, many weddings, and I often find that appetizers are the delicious, but the main course is okay as it's often hard to cook for such a large crowd. Well, as expected, the appetizers were amazing, but so was the main course. We got so many compliments from the guests, we were afraid that the food was going to be the most memorable part of the night! Even my mother-in-law said that the crab cakes were the best she'd ever eaten. Rouge was able to accommodate every guest, from vegan to kosher, for those with every food allergy under the sun, there was something for everyone. And that something, whatever it was, was tasty. We also don't like cake, so we had creme brulee and truffles for dessert. They were a hit!

Not only was the food delicious, the service was phenomenal. The bartenders were kind, quick, and generous. We expected to buy the alcohol ourselves and have the bartenders serve it, but when we received a quote for the booze, we were astonished. Our group has many heavy drinkers, and we couldn't believe how reasonable the quote was. We were a little concerned that they would run out given the price, but this was not an issue. The bar didn't run out of anything.

I would also like to give a special shoutout to Gabrielle, our event manager. We originally worked with Heather, but found out a month before the wedding that Heather was leaving Rouge and we would be working with Gabrielle. We were slightly worried about the last minute change, but it was seamless. Gabrielle was extremely flexible and met us for a second walk through to make sure that we felt comfortable. We really appreciated her attention to detail and easy-going nature. We couldn't have asked for a better manager!

Overall, Rouge was AMAZING!

Sent on 10/27/2015
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 10/24/2015

I had had Rouge's catering at work events previously, so I decided to check them out for my wedding. I was impressed with them from the very beginning. Our original contact person was so wonderful and helpful that I was a little worried when she took another job, but the second contact person, Emily, was just as fantastic to work with. The food at the trial tasting was not your average wedding food, it was like a meal from a five star restaurant complete with gorgeous and innovative presentation. I actually went back to do a second tasting (at a fee, but worth it!) so my mom could experience the food as well, and I'm glad I did because on the wedding day, my stomach was in knots and I could only eat a bite or two of my dinner. Emily was kind enough to pack us some to-go boxes since we didn't really eat much. All the guests raved about the food and the crepe dessert station. The waitstaff did an amazing job from set up to breakdown, very courteous and professional. I look forward to trying the food from their restaurant, Poulet, to relive some of the magic of our wedding day.

Sent on 10/27/2015

David · Married on 10/24/2015

We used Rouge this last weekend for our wedding and I can't say enough great things about them. We had over 200 guest and everyone kept raving about the food and the look of everything at our wedding. Jordan, Celeste, and their team did an AMAZING job. We know our wedding would not of been the same without them. Highly recommend them and will definitely use them again in the future.

Sent on 10/28/2015

Krista · Married on 10/17/2015

I can not even describe the amount of awesome feedback I have had from all of my wedding guests regarding the food and service Rouge provided. Most said it was hands down the best food they have ever had a wedding and a lot of guests even said it was probably the best crab cake they have ever had. In my opinion the food was absolutely amazing and the service was flawless. They didn't miss a beat with my "day of timeline" and made sure all my guests felt comfortable and welcomed from the moment they arrived. You will not work with a better event coordinator at Rouge than Katie Canarr! She was assigned to my wedding a little late in the planning process but it was like she had been a part of it the entire time. She paid attention to all of my requests and details, no matter how small, and made sure my day looked exactly how I envisioned it would. She is so patient and attentive and a joy to work with. I was totally confident that she had the entire event under control and it turned out absolutely perfect!

Sent on 10/26/2015