Rouge Fine Catering Reviews

Rouge Fine Catering 5
Rouge Fine Catering 6
Rouge Fine Catering 7

Natasha · Married on 06/07/2016

We want to thank Rouge for making our big day simply unforgettable! I want to point out Sarah Kelley and the crew who did such an amazing job setting up and making sure everyone had everything they needed throughout the entire night while remaining invisible, that takes skills! The Chef who received complements from every guest at our wedding, food tasted amazing and was presented in a beautiful, elegant way.

Sarah, thank you for going above and beyond, you and your team made our night completely worry free. Thank you!!!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Rouge was very flexible and professional both pre-wedding and for the wedding and day after party. All of the food was exceptional including the home made ice cream. All of the guests were raving.

Sent on 06/06/2016

Molly · Married on 05/29/2016

Booking with Rouge for catering was the first decision I made for my wedding, and it was also the best one! The food was absolutely amazing and the customer service was fantastic. My guests are still talking about how delicious everything was, and how it far exceeded everyone's prior notions and expectations of what wedding food is. The team was always incredibly responsive and flexible in creating the menu. I loved how I could customize the food stations to my taste. At the event, every single member of the team was professional and friendly. Rouge is worth every penny and I highly recommend booking them for your next event.

Sent on 06/08/2016

Gene · Married on 05/21/2016

We used Rouge to cater our wedding and we were very happy with the entire catering experience!

1. One aspect that was very important to us was that we had one point of contact from initial phone call through the wedding day. Our initial sales contact (Jordan Bardel) became our sales manager, event manager throughout the planning process, and then was onsite the entire wedding day. We felt a very high comfort level because Jordan was with us throughout the whole process and we didn't have to keep re-explaining to new folks at every step.

2. When we visited Rouge for the initial tasting, Jordan took us on a facility tour and I was very impressed by their organization, logistics, and food prep/cooking stations. I know how hard it is to maintain quality when scaling up to a feed a large group.

3. Throughout the sales and planning process, Jordan was very responsive to our emails and phone calls. She was also very accommodating working with the kitchen with our initial and follow-up tastings. After all that, we were happy with our customized menu.

4. So now about the food. I mentioned above our concern with maintaining quality when cooking for a larger group. Rouge really delivered with the presentation and taste of all our appetizers, 2 meat entrees, and sides. We had many compliments on how good all the food tasted. Well done! (And even now, I look back on the photos because I miss the food...sigh)

5. I also wanted to compliment Rouge for the professionalism of all their staff. The entire on site team performed so well. From the setting up the table/linens/chairs, the bartenders, hor d'oeuvres and dinner servers, through desserts, the staff was effective, efficient, smiling, and friendly. We definitely felt well taken of.

Sent on 06/09/2016

Caroline · Married on 05/14/2016

Jacqueline and her team went above and beyond all of my expectations. The food was phenomenal, the staff so lovely and attentive, and the set-up was gorgeous. After the ceremony as I was taking pictures outside, one of the ladies brought me a plate of the appetizers!! It was raining the morning of my ceremony, and they managed to move the ceremony outside and completely flip the inside room to be ready for the dinner - I mean, that was a feat that truly shows the professionalism and extra effort this team will give you. Jacqueline and Celeste were always extremely responsive and open to making changes. I would absolutely recommend them for any event, they were amazing.

Sent on 05/23/2016

Christina · Married on 05/07/2016

First off, Rouge is amazing!! Where do I start??

If we have any events that need to be catered in the future, my husband and I will absolutely go with Rouge, no question. We initially did a tasting with a different local catering company who made us pay $20 a head for a buffet-style tasting. We were lucky enough to find Rouge and had a completely opposite experience with them right from the start! They held our tasting at Rouge's headquarters where you are treated to a private (free) tasting of your entire menu, served just how it would look on your event day.

Now, on to the food. The meal was outstanding! I can't say enough good things about the quality and presentation of the meal. Our guests were making sure to pull us aside during the wedding to tell us how delicious dinner was. :) Our vegetarians were also extremely pleased with their meals. Everything was wonderfully seasoned, nothing was swimming in sauce, the beef fillets were cooked to a perfect medium-rare (which to be honest, is an amazing feat to accomplish in an of itself, not to mention for 100 guests). Our MD Rockfish was out of this world, as were all of the appetizers.

Not only was the food exceptional, but working with Rouge for practically a year prior to our big day was also wonderful. Kaitlyn was our direct contact and she couldn't have been more helpful. She was speedy on responding to emails and phone calls and was an absolute delight to work with. The staff that worked on our wedding day were polite and helped our guests with anything they needed. Bar service was speedy and it seemed everyone had plenty to drink ;)

I can't say enough good things about Rouge, their staff, and the amazing food they create! Can't wait to have an excuse to use them again!!

~VERY Satisfied Customers

Sent on 05/19/2016

Lindsay · Married on 04/09/2016

My husband and I were so very, very lucky to have Rouge Fine Catering host our wedding celebration in April 2016. From the moment we reached out to the Rouge team, the experience was extremely professional, reliable, collaborative and fun. The first tasting sealed the deal and all subsequent tastings with other caterers didn't compare to Rouge. The food was absolutely outstanding, but what impressed me even more was how much we felt like they wanted to work with us to make us happy. I knew we were going to be in great hands with Rouge and they did not disappoint.

Leading up to the wedding we were in constant communication with our catering manager, Katie Canarr. Saying that Katie is fantastic,dedicated to executing flawless events, a true partner, and a thoughtful leader may just be the understatement of the year. Katie exercised a tremendous amount of patience with our multiple menu flips and flops. She helped me work out our very tricky seating plan, our linen selections, the event's signature drink, last minute rental needs (hello space heaters in April!). Did I mention she dreamed up the world's best donut bar?? Also, I never had to track Katie down. She was always one step ahead of me guiding me through the process. Katie is an absolute rock star and our special day would not have been the same without her.

On our wedding day, everything was absolutely flawless.The Rouge staff was top notch and we even had guests comment on the level of professionalism that their team displayed.

Did I mention the food??? IT WAS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME. It's been almost six months since our wedding and I still have family and friends talking about how delicious the food at our wedding was (seriously, when does that actually happen??). And they are not just saying it....they are gushing talking about specific items that they ate.

I would recommend Rouge to anyone. Thank your Rouge team for making the most important day of our life so easy, memorable and tasty!!

Sent on 09/04/2016

Sarah · Married on 04/01/2016

I have had SO many positive reactions to Rouge's professionalism and service at my wedding. The food was absolutely fabulous and the individual servers did so well. Jacqueline Bowen was our event lead and did an amazing job as well!!! She was so responsive to both me and my wife. Having Rouge take care of the cake and rentals took so much stress off of our planning timeline and I'm so grateful for the job they did.

Sent on 04/07/2016

Rebecca · Married on 03/26/2016

Most amazing and beautiful food hands down! They worked with us within our budget, and really made our wedding extra special. Both of our families still can't stop raving about the food. The presentation of the food was so beautiful, and it tastes amazing! We had 150 people at our wedding at the Hippodrome Theater in downtown Baltimore. Even with that many people, there was enough food for everyone and the quality was superb. They even set aside additional appetizers for my husband and I incase we missed them during the reception. Hands down the best and easiest caterer to work with in Baltimore. I recommend them 100%!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Natalie · Married on 03/24/2016

Rouge Catering is truly in a class of its own. It’s not often that the food is one of the most memorable parts of a wedding but we still have guests raving about the presentation and quality of our open bar, hors d'oeuvres, dinner, and desserts. It was evident from our first interaction with Rouge that they were a professional, customer-focused business. The number of cuisines and options they provide is mind-blowing and their staff was very hands-on, helping to create an initial menu that was special to us based off our personal story and geographical backgrounds.

The high-quality of their business became even more apparent when we visited their headquarters for our tasting. Unlike other caterers, nothing is cooked ahead of time, as they bring a mobile kitchen on site for each event. Rouge owns all of their own equipment and employs everyone related to the operation, which eliminates the risk associated with sub-contracting out certain elements. We also loved Rouge’s attention to detail and the emphasis they placed on the presentation. When preparing food at large events like weddings, it’s too difficult and time consuming for most caterers to get creative, but this was not the case with Rouge. All of their dishes, from the shrimp and grits hors d’oeuvres to the watermelon and feta salad were unlike anything we’d ever seen, but most importantly, tasted incredible.

The final thing we appreciated about Rouge was their customer service. The head chef and co-founder both took time out of their day to come meet and chat with us during our tasting, assuring us how pleased we would be. On the day of the wedding, Sarah Moses was the catering manager on-site and was exceptional. She was five feet behind us at all times, handing us food, beer, wine or whatever else we needed.

I hope to never get married again, but if I have to, at least I already know my caterer.

Sent on 06/24/2018

Rouge was amazing - Gabrielle had the whole event well in hand, and it went off without a hitch. The food was incredible, to the point where multiple guests emailed us after the fact to say how delicious everything was. They boxed up food for us in case we hadn't had a chance to grab dinner (we were so grateful), and even helped us box the cake, provided by a different vendor. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 04/04/2016

Dan · Married on 12/18/2015

Our company does an annual Christmas Party for 100+ people. This year we had to change caterers because the private Chef we used in past decided not to do catering anymore. We received several proposals and did tastings with catering companies in the area and Rouge was very competitive with pricing and the food we sampled was beautifully displayed when brought out to us and the taste was excellent. Overall their presentation and food won us over! The night of the party was no different, staff was very pleasant and professional, despite many members being of a younger age, and the food was delicious. Our party guest gave many compliments on the food and service. We will definitely be using them next year!

Sent on 03/24/2016

Kari · Married on 11/07/2015

Where do I begin? I am in love with Rouge Catering - they took care of us so well and the food was more than amazing. We had a couple people with food restrictions and we were able to do dual platted meals that were all gluten free and absolutely delicious....everyone was obsessed with the food - from cocktail hour to the meal and the chocolate covered strawberries at the end. The service was impeccable- Jordan kept in touch with me throughout the process and answered all of my questions. During the reception they even put all the cocktail food at our sweetheart table for us to try because they knew we would not have time at the cocktail hour. They also allowed my husband to have his special beer which him and the groomsmen drank all night - which meant a lot to him. I was so impressed with Rouge & we received compliments all night (and to this day) about how great everything was. Thank you all so much!!

Sent on 12/07/2015
  • User5562041 · 2+ years ago

My husband and I got married this past Saturday, and we used Rouge as our caterers. I have nothing but great things to say about Rouge. I'll start with the food. It was delicious. We have been to many, many weddings, and I often find that appetizers are the delicious, but the main course is okay as it's often hard to cook for such a large crowd. Well, as expected, the appetizers were amazing, but so was the main course. We got so many compliments from the guests, we were afraid that the food was going to be the most memorable part of the night! Even my mother-in-law said that the crab cakes were the best she'd ever eaten. Rouge was able to accommodate every guest, from vegan to kosher, for those with every food allergy under the sun, there was something for everyone. And that something, whatever it was, was tasty. We also don't like cake, so we had creme brulee and truffles for dessert. They were a hit!

Not only was the food delicious, the service was phenomenal. The bartenders were kind, quick, and generous. We expected to buy the alcohol ourselves and have the bartenders serve it, but when we received a quote for the booze, we were astonished. Our group has many heavy drinkers, and we couldn't believe how reasonable the quote was. We were a little concerned that they would run out given the price, but this was not an issue. The bar didn't run out of anything.

I would also like to give a special shoutout to Gabrielle, our event manager. We originally worked with Heather, but found out a month before the wedding that Heather was leaving Rouge and we would be working with Gabrielle. We were slightly worried about the last minute change, but it was seamless. Gabrielle was extremely flexible and met us for a second walk through to make sure that we felt comfortable. We really appreciated her attention to detail and easy-going nature. We couldn't have asked for a better manager!

Overall, Rouge was AMAZING!

Sent on 10/27/2015
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 10/24/2015

I had had Rouge's catering at work events previously, so I decided to check them out for my wedding. I was impressed with them from the very beginning. Our original contact person was so wonderful and helpful that I was a little worried when she took another job, but the second contact person, Emily, was just as fantastic to work with. The food at the trial tasting was not your average wedding food, it was like a meal from a five star restaurant complete with gorgeous and innovative presentation. I actually went back to do a second tasting (at a fee, but worth it!) so my mom could experience the food as well, and I'm glad I did because on the wedding day, my stomach was in knots and I could only eat a bite or two of my dinner. Emily was kind enough to pack us some to-go boxes since we didn't really eat much. All the guests raved about the food and the crepe dessert station. The waitstaff did an amazing job from set up to breakdown, very courteous and professional. I look forward to trying the food from their restaurant, Poulet, to relive some of the magic of our wedding day.

Sent on 10/27/2015

David · Married on 10/24/2015

We used Rouge this last weekend for our wedding and I can't say enough great things about them. We had over 200 guest and everyone kept raving about the food and the look of everything at our wedding. Jordan, Celeste, and their team did an AMAZING job. We know our wedding would not of been the same without them. Highly recommend them and will definitely use them again in the future.

Sent on 10/28/2015

Krista · Married on 10/17/2015

I can not even describe the amount of awesome feedback I have had from all of my wedding guests regarding the food and service Rouge provided. Most said it was hands down the best food they have ever had a wedding and a lot of guests even said it was probably the best crab cake they have ever had. In my opinion the food was absolutely amazing and the service was flawless. They didn't miss a beat with my "day of timeline" and made sure all my guests felt comfortable and welcomed from the moment they arrived. You will not work with a better event coordinator at Rouge than Katie Canarr! She was assigned to my wedding a little late in the planning process but it was like she had been a part of it the entire time. She paid attention to all of my requests and details, no matter how small, and made sure my day looked exactly how I envisioned it would. She is so patient and attentive and a joy to work with. I was totally confident that she had the entire event under control and it turned out absolutely perfect!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Jennifer · Married on 10/17/2015

My Husband and I could not have been happier with Rouge. They did an AMAZING job on our October wedding. From the beginning, Rouge was responsive and incredibly flexible. I don't know where to start but Celeste was kind and patient during the entire planning process. We were never pressured and always supported.
    Our event coordinator, Jordan, was made for us. Planning a wedding overseas can make things complicated and a bit stressful. She was always calm, listened to our wishes and made our wedding an event to remember not to mention so quick to respond to any concerns.

It was beautifully decorated, elegant and flowed seamlessly. Jordan made sure we didn't miss the cocktail food or drinks during pictures. People always say they didn't even eat at their wedding but oh did we eat!
    The quality, professionalism and presentation was outrageously good. From the food to the service, everyone at the wedding commented on the delicious food. We had the crab cakes and short ribs for entrees. Being from MD you can be picky regarding your crab but both were outstanding!

At the last minute we were even able to rent heaters because it ended up being the coldest night this fall. If I had to do it all over again, I would not change a thing! Thank you Rouge!!!

Sent on 11/11/2015

Rouge did a FANTASTIC job with our October 2015 wedding. We were married at Elk Manor Winery, and it was such comfort knowing that Rouge has worked many events at Elk Manor. Everything went off with out a hitch. Sarah was great to work with answering all of my many many questions through out the process. Their food is incredible! We went with the buffet option and served short ribs and mahi mahi. I am not much of a red meat eater, but I could eat their short ribs every night. Seriously the best short ribs I have ever had. The appetizers were some of the best appetizers I have ever had a wedding, and I am so happy this was at our wedding! I would HIGHLY recommend Rouge as a catering service for any wedding. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/05/2015

Charisse · Married on 10/03/2015

We used Rouge last month to cater our wedding. We are extremely satisfied with the level of professionalism they represented. From the tasting, to the milk shakes at the end of our reception, staff, waiters and bartenders did a great job. We didn't hear one complaint from our guests about food, which was delicious. Rouge worked with us to create our custom menu and everything worked out great. They were very responsive and attentive. It was a pleasure. If you are getting married in Maryland, give them a shot, they won't disappoint you.

Sent on 11/09/2015

Tiffany · Married on 09/26/2015

Yummy!! The food was wonderful and I couldn't ask for a better cater than rouge !! The customer service was very friendly and they were very helpful through out my whole wedding!

Sent on 12/01/2015

Ashley · Married on 09/19/2015

Rouge is the best! We worked with Emily and have nothing but wonderful things to say about her as a catering manager and Rouge as the caterer. We did 1 previous tasting before we decided to go with Rouge. The food tasted great but we felt as if we needed to be rolled out of the tasting room. Really heavy foods that kept you full. After we left the Rouge tasting we felt like we could have danced all night. The food is light and colorful. Full of bright colors and packed with lots of flavors. We are pretty big food people and we found all of the food incredibly delicious. Emily's team was a dream and the entire wedding went with smoothly. Everyone got their food quickly, and they raved about how delicious everything was. For the vegetarian option we HIGHLY recommend the chile rellenos. So so good and everyone loved it!

Sent on 09/28/2015

Brigid · Married on 09/18/2015

Working with Jordan and the whole Rouge team was easy from the beginning. From flexible scheduling for tastings to email responsiveness, they made planning our wedding from 3000 miles away a breeze. Their food is simply to die for and their service makes it all worth it. I highly recommend them to anyone for all event types. Thank you, Jordan, for everything!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Mark · Married on 09/12/2015

Everything about working with Rouge was phenomenal. Both Heather and Celeste ensured a perfect wedding day went off without any concerns or worries. If you are looking for a worry-free day, we highly recommend Rouge Catering for your wedding. The attention to detail is amazing. The can-do attitude and take control style truly worked well to ensure everything was in place. There is not a single detail or request that is overlooked. Also, their price point is incredibly reasonable and fair. Food was phenomenal and people are still raving about the meal and service. We simply cannot recommend Rouge enough!

Sent on 09/23/2015

Lauren · Married on 09/12/2015

We cannot say enough great things about Rouge Catering, they are the absolute best!!! Brittany was our main contact with Rouge and she is so wonderful. She was so easy to work with, responded to all of my questions and emails very quickly, and made us feel so comfortable with every decision that needed to be made. She is so professional and truly talented at what she does! Not only is their food delicious but the display is so beautiful. Throughout the wedding people could not stop talking about the food, and I still have guests contacting me to rave about how good everything was. From the food to the staff and everything in between, they are amazing. I highly recommend Rouge Catering!

Sent on 09/23/2015