Rouge Fine Catering Reviews

Rouge Fine Catering 5
Rouge Fine Catering 6
Rouge Fine Catering 7

Julie · Married on 06/17/2017

We used ROUGE for our wedding earlier this month and it was a wonderful experience from the initial tasting all the way through to the wedding. Celeste and Niki were very accommodating (we were planning from out of town) and we loved that they were able to customize orders to fit our theme/taste. Everyone loved the food and the servers were very attentive to our needs that night. Very highly recommend ROUGE for your event!

Sent on 06/30/2017

Barbara · Married on 06/03/2017

Our daughter's wedding was at Woodlawn Estate in Alexandria, VA. Rouge manages all the events for Woodlawn, a national historic site and spectacular setting that is both grand and intimate. They did a wonderful job as both caterer and event planner there, managing the logistics and the use of the estate, coordinating and connecting us to the Woodlawn staff, interfacing with other vendors. The food was beyond superb, the service immaculate, the timing perfect. Guests raved about the food and the abundance of passed hors d'oeuvres. The tent was spacious and beautiful, capping an absolutely magical afternoon and evening. Everything Rouge did fit in seamlessly with the entire wedding. Special hats off to the Rouge manager there, Kelly Merrill, who worked with us on every detail and delivered an amazing reception.

Sent on 07/02/2017

Rachel · Married on 05/31/2017

Hiring Rouge Fine Catering is one of the best decisions you can do for your wedding, or any type of event! Their team is beyond professional and knows what it takes to deliver your perfect day. I personally work in the industry as a planner and Marae Thurlow from their team was spot on throughout the whole day taking one less item off my list to focus on. When I see them as a vendor listed for the day I know it's going to be a high quality event!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Melanie · Married on 05/13/2017

We had the pleasure of working with both Kelly and Stephanie with Rouge for our wedding. They were both incredibly easy to work with as we were finalizing our menu options, and when we switched catering managers a few months out they didn't miss a beat with the transition. As the weather forecast got increasingly terrible the week before the wedding, Stephanie helped us track down the final pieces to make sure that our (ultimately not needed!) ceremony rain plan would go off without a hitch, and that our guests wouldn't freeze in the tent.

On the day of, the food was really outstanding, and everything looked great and tasted great. Our guests kept complimenting the food, the wait staff, and the bar staff throughout the evening. Setup and tear-down was totally easy, and thanks to Stephanie's expert management we felt totally confident in our decision to not have a separate day-of coordinator.

Finally, we were thrilled that the Rouge team was able to pull off our custom dessert option, and the pictures of our "cake cutting" over a flambeed Baked Alaska were just what we hoped for (and it tasted great). We couldn't have asked for a better team to help make our wedding fantastic.

Sent on 07/02/2017

Becca · Married on 05/06/2017

Our whole experience working with Rouge was phenomenal. Stephanie, our event coordinator, was detail-oriented and quick to respond to emails, making sure every aspect of the day was covered. She went well beyond making sure the food was amazing (and it was!!) and coordinated the floor plan of the wedding and a timeline schedule of the day. And the food!! Our friends and family can't stop raving about the food. Rouge was flexible with the menu planning process and quickly adapted to any and all changes we wanted to make - from adding vegan meal options to selecting local craft brews for the bar. The staff on site the day of our wedding were amazing. Tatiana!!! She made sure me and my husband were taken care of from bringing us a plate of appetizers during pictures to checking in and making sure we had cake. The entire staff was a joy. Booking Rouge was one of the best decisions we could have made.

Sent on 05/25/2017

Ben · Married on 04/29/2017

I LOVE ROUGE SO MUCH!

All the review you've read are correct. They knocked our wedding OUT OF THE PARK. Couldn't have been more professional and thorough in their approach. I feel like getting divorced and re-married just so I could eat that food again.

Sent on 06/18/2017

Mel · Married on 04/22/2017

Our perfect wedding was held this past Saturday and we have Rouge to thank for it.
    Last May, we had booked Rouge to cater our wedding at the Rawlings Conservatory in Baltimore. In August, the event coordinator at the Conservatory called to tell us that our wedding had been double booked with the Charm City Bluegrass Festival. Given that we had already booked all of our venders, we did not want to change our wedding date (which we had chosen because that was one of the few weekends the Conservatory had open). Frantic, I called Rouge to see if they had any suggestions of where we could hold our ~80 person wedding. They recommended The Elm in the Hampden neighborhood, and when we visited we fell in love with its eclectic coolness and decided it was perfect for the backyard, laid back garden wedding we always wanted.
    We choose Rouge because of the great reviews it had received. My new husband and I (and for that matter my immediate family) are huge foodies and the thought of serving a mushy steamed-vegetable medley we had eaten at so many other weddings was nauseating. We went to Rouge in October to try the food we had selected and everything was great (there was only 1 hors d'ourves I ended up switching out and we added a bread to the meal). The day of, the food tasted exactly like it did on our tasting day. Our guests raved about it and everyone seemed to really enjoy the passed hors d'ourves and dinner. We provided our own beer and wine (which I think was a huge cost saver) and also had two signature cocktails. The bartenders made the cocktails perfectly based the recipes we provided (I've been to weddings where the mass produced cocktails weren't that great). The day of the only thing we really did was set up our centerpieces and other decor we had, they did everything else.
    Thank you to Jacquie Bowen, our event manager at Rouge, and the whole Rouge team, you really made our wedding an unforgettable day :)

Sent on 05/04/2017

Emily · Married on 04/08/2017

We used Rouge for our wedding (April 2017), and from start to finish they were amazing to work with. We worked primarily with Jordan and she is one of the nicest people. Not only did she provide a very competitive price, but she went above and beyond by 1)researching the best recipe for Mambo sauce so we could serve it with our late night chicken tenders, 2) providing a complimentary champagne toast when we decided to get cupcakes from another vendor (even though the cupcakes she offered us were also complimentary AND Rouge still provided a 6" cake for cutting free of charge!), and 3) accommodating 2 tastings when we couldn't settle on a vegetarian entree. Rouge, and Jordan specifically, understand customer service and how to help clients put on the best event they can. She was always super responsive to all of my random questions and even helped fix the lighting on our dance floor the night of since she is familiar with the venue.

The food is delicious (such a wide variety of choices) and we got tons of compliments from our guests. We really went into the wedding thinking there was no way the food was going to be as good as it was during the tasting (because it's mass produced, might be cold, etc.) but it was really tasty and great!

I highly recommend Rouge! Ask to work with Jordan and you won't regret it.

Kristin · Married on 04/01/2017

Working with Rouge Catering was the highlight of my DC wedding (St Francis Hall). Why? Three things: the food is phenomenal, the price is astoundingly affordable, and event manager Sarah Kelley was the most outstanding person ever.

First, the food was incredible - like, not just incredible-for-wedding-food, but actually incredible. I am still blown away by the array and complexity of the appetizers (5 types of passed appetizers and a sprawling antipasti bar). The main meal was a buffet with the strawberry salad, beef short ribs, mango salmon, tortellini rose, with fingerling potatoes and asparagus with red pepper sauce. They actually build a kitchen on site to cook everything. Open bar was unlimited all night and included all top shelf liquors imaginable, a variety of beers, and three wine choices (red, white, rose). Everything was amazing.

Second, the price - the whole meal, with fully open bar, with a three-tier Charm City wedding cake and coffee service included, and full staffing and setup, was under $100 per person. No hidden costs or “add ons” (I did rent linens for $300 because those are not included). Allow me to be frank: Rouge was by far the lowest price quoted for me, and yet it was by far the fanciest.

Lastly, and maybe most importantly, event manager Sarah Kelley (and Rouge staff in general). Sarah was the most amazing person to work with; her excitement and professionalism made this the easiest and most enjoyable part of wedding planning. When we visited their site for our tasting,we got to meet the owners and see how small and close the staff is, and it just felt good to give my business to people who care passionately about where they work. The venue looked AMAZING, the staff that was there was adorably sweet and so efficient (and adept at handling tipsy and bossy family members!), and everything went off without a hitch without needing any attention from me.

I cannot recommend this company enough.

Katie · Married on 03/31/2017

Rouge was an amazing company to work with from start to finish. The tour of their facility and tasting we did of our menu was wonderful and the food at the wedding was FANTASTIC! We had several people who are pretty critical attend the wedding and we got nothing but rave reviews from everyone. The burger and fry slider, crab cakes and mini tuna wonton were a few appetizer faves and the short rib/mashed potato beef cup - AMAZING!! And definitely get some of their homemade ice cream for dessert. YUM!!!! Book with Rouge, you will not regret it!!!!

Sent on 04/13/2017

Jennifer · Married on 03/31/2017

Rouge and Sarah Kelley did an AMAZING job at our wedding. From the tasting to the walk through to the big day, we were well taken care of. Sarah was easy to work with and fun to be around. They accommodated our custom requests, our guests with food allergies, and even hooked us up with a somewhat non-traditional double chocolate wedding cake (yummm). Everything was seamless. Everything was absolutely delicious. My guests are still complimenting the food almost a month later. They had their people making sure that my groom and I got a chance to snag some of the appetizers while we were taking our wedding photos and made sure we got to sit down and have some food before we made our rounds. I'm telling you, Rouge is worth every penny.

Brandi · Married on 11/05/2016

Our experience with Rouge was top-notch from start to finish. We planned our wedding remotely, and we first worked with Celeste who was available and very responsive in answering our questions and working with us to customize the menu for the various dietary restrictions of our guests. Lauren was our day of event coordinator and she was fantastic. Her and the team took care of everything... from set up to tear down and everything in between (even making sure we had drinks and food!). I didn't have to worry about anything, which made my day incredibly stress free. The food was absolutely delicious and we received tons of compliments from our guests on the quality. I highly recommend Rouge!

Sent on 11/23/2016

mark · Married on 10/29/2016

everyone raved about the dinner and the appetizers were amazing. I would strongly recommend that you consider using Rouge for any event or special occasion. Celeste and Jacqueline do an incredible job to make your event one of a kind

Sent on 10/31/2016
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 10/22/2016

I'd like to start by saying many of my guests are still raving about how phenomenal the food was at our wedding! I would not call my husband and I "foodies" but we definitely enjoy food and can also be slightly picky eaters. Our wedding was a day wedding so I knew the food setup might be a little different. Rouge worked with us from the very beginning to make sure we had exactly what we were envisioning for the big day! Even during the first tasting, the food was nothing short of amazing. I made an odd request for a nacho cheese fountain and they were able to pull it off an epic fountain! We also hired Rouge to provide our bar services in addition to the catering. All of the staff was very friendly and helpful. I'd highly recommend working with Rouge for delicious food and awesome service!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Randle · Married on 10/21/2016

Rouge was presented to us as a somewhat "new-on-the-scene" option and we rolled the dice with that singular recommendation. Were we ever glad we trusted our instincts! Rouge delivered what our guests described as "hands down THE BEST 'wedding food' they'd ever had." And it was! The 3-course plated dinner was beyond elegant and filled with infinitely inventive flavor combinations. Gabrielle was such a pleasure to work with and the evening was truly stellar from start to finish. Using Rouge Fine Catering was the best decision we made in a fortunate series of great decisions.

Sent on 10/25/2016

Catherine · Married on 10/15/2016

From the moment we met for the tasting to the set up and the clean up of the wedding, everything was FLAWLESS. Our event manager Lauren was always responsive and flexible in working with us to carry out our dream wedding. Countless Rouge staff members checked in with us throughout the night to make sure we were ok and provided for. Because we didn't have much time to eat, they even packaged food for us to enjoy as newlyweds back at our hotel. The best part: our guests could not stop RAVING about the food. They mentioned that wedding food can be very mediocre, but everything rouge served was top notch and prepared on site. I would recommend to any couple looking for wedding catering in a heart beat!

Sent on 10/18/2016
  • F

Fred · Married on 10/08/2016

I have over my career and life worked with dozens of caterers, but I have never had an experience that came close to this. They were superb in every way. From the first inquiry through the cleanup, they were a delight to work with. The quality or the food was outstanding. My daughter is a picky eater and they not only accommodated all her needs with the dinner and appetizers but made them fabulous. The service before and during the whole evening was excellent. This was true of the event managers as well as all the staff. They all earned a huge tip, but Rouge has a no tip policy which is a nice bonus. If I had a second daughter I would go back in a heart beat. You can not do better.

Sent on 10/11/2016

Tiffany · Married on 10/07/2016

Rouge catered my wedding 10/07/16. No words can describe the service we received. Absolutely amazing! The food was fantastic, the staff was professional and friendly, very attentive. Jackie my coordinator was fabulous!! Any questions or requests she handled smoothly. They staff my made my night! My guests are still complimenting on the food and service they received.

Sent on 10/10/2016

Molly · Married on 10/01/2016

We were so pleased with every aspect of booking with Rouge. The food was delicious, the prices were good, the service was always great (especially on day of) and every other vendor we booked was thrilled to learn that we went with Rouge. We got a lot of compliments on the food and they gave us so much peace of mind on the day of the wedding that everything at the venue would be taken care of. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Kristin · Married on 09/24/2016

Beyond delicious! They even went so far as to make a vegan meal for a guest on the spot!

Sent on 10/12/2016
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 09/24/2016

Rouge is extremely professional while maintaining the small business feel that every bride wants. You want to feel like your wedding is the most important one they have, and that's how my husband and I felt during the whole process of working with Rouge. We can't speak more highly of Gabby, our wedding coordinator for our special day.

Sent on 10/19/2016

karen · Married on 09/18/2016

Our daughter's wedding was one week ago and we are still basking in the glow of the wedding. Rouge Catering did a fabulous job.! The food and presentation were amazing.. Celeste met with us initially to review our menu as well as presentation.
    My daughter wanted something unique that incorporated various food stations. Celeste gave us suggestions and guided us beautifully. She made the process seamless.
    She is a delightful to work with and we were thrilled with the menu.
    Lauren Bowyer managed our daughter's wedding . She executed everything that we requested efficiently and beautifully. She is a true professional ! We could not have been more pleased. Our friends and family kept commenting throughout the reception about the fabulous food as well as the wonderful staff. We want to thank Celeste, Jonathan and Lauren for wonderful memories for our daughter, son in law and our families.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Susan · Married on 09/18/2016

Everything about working with Rouge was a positive experience! Never having planned a formal event like a wedding reception before we needed a lot of support and guidance. The staff at Rouge were with us every step of the way! They offered us a varied selection of appetizers, entrees, and desserts and stayed within our budget. Kaitlyn Canarr, manager, listened to the vision of our day and delivered an event that far exceeded our expectations. The staff who served our guests were professional and friendly and looked like they were having a good time (I even noticed one of the bartenders dancing a little behind the bar as the party got under way. It put a smile on my face). During the dinner and for days after, friends and family raved about the delicious, beautiful food. We cannot say enough about how Rouge came through for us! If you choose this talented group, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Brooke · Married on 09/17/2016

Besides choosing my husband to marry, Rouge was the best decision I made for my September 2016 wedding. We had an interesting wedding day, filled with no-show uber drivers, me (bride) having to show up at the venue 30 minutes later than expected with half my guests, only to arrive to a venue with no power or A/C. Kelly, from Rouge, was constantly keeping me updated, and discussed with the other vendors staying later to accommodate the unforeseen issues. 5 minutes before we were going to walk down the isle, the generator the venue was using stopped working. Kelly and the staff quickly lit some candles, allowing me to walk down a candlelit isle, while my guests hummed "Here Comes the Bride". I made sure to stay calm, because I knew I wasn't going to let anything ruin this day. And Kelly and the Rouge staff were constantly checking up on me! The food was delicious. The staff was flawless. They did not miss a beat! I can't imagine any other catering company handling my wedding day any better. I am forever grateful for Rouge and Kelly, and speak so highly of them.

Sent on 01/12/2017

Mark & Randall · Married on 08/20/2016

ROUGE was so important to the success of our wedding reception! Working with Kelly was easy and fun to come up with our individualized menu and, right from the beginning, she understood the relaxed "vibe" and understated elegance we were going for. The food was divine and everything on our menu was delicious! We received so many compliments on the food and it seemed that everyone had a different favorite. We know our guests were happy and satisfied which was our main goal! The service was terrific and we especially loved having our own personal server, Meg, who was assigned to take care of us all night! What a truly delightful and magnificent experience!

Sent on 09/25/2016