Rouge Fine Catering Reviews

Rouge Fine Catering 5
Rouge Fine Catering 6
Rouge Fine Catering 7

Kristin · Married on 04/01/2017

Working with Rouge Catering was the highlight of my DC wedding (St Francis Hall). Why? Three things: the food is phenomenal, the price is astoundingly affordable, and event manager Sarah Kelley was the most outstanding person ever.

First, the food was incredible - like, not just incredible-for-wedding-food, but actually incredible. I am still blown away by the array and complexity of the appetizers (5 types of passed appetizers and a sprawling antipasti bar). The main meal was a buffet with the strawberry salad, beef short ribs, mango salmon, tortellini rose, with fingerling potatoes and asparagus with red pepper sauce. They actually build a kitchen on site to cook everything. Open bar was unlimited all night and included all top shelf liquors imaginable, a variety of beers, and three wine choices (red, white, rose). Everything was amazing.

Second, the price - the whole meal, with fully open bar, with a three-tier Charm City wedding cake and coffee service included, and full staffing and setup, was under $100 per person. No hidden costs or “add ons” (I did rent linens for $300 because those are not included). Allow me to be frank: Rouge was by far the lowest price quoted for me, and yet it was by far the fanciest.

Lastly, and maybe most importantly, event manager Sarah Kelley (and Rouge staff in general). Sarah was the most amazing person to work with; her excitement and professionalism made this the easiest and most enjoyable part of wedding planning. When we visited their site for our tasting,we got to meet the owners and see how small and close the staff is, and it just felt good to give my business to people who care passionately about where they work. The venue looked AMAZING, the staff that was there was adorably sweet and so efficient (and adept at handling tipsy and bossy family members!), and everything went off without a hitch without needing any attention from me.

I cannot recommend this company enough.

Sent on 04/17/2017

Katie · Married on 03/31/2017

Rouge was an amazing company to work with from start to finish. The tour of their facility and tasting we did of our menu was wonderful and the food at the wedding was FANTASTIC! We had several people who are pretty critical attend the wedding and we got nothing but rave reviews from everyone. The burger and fry slider, crab cakes and mini tuna wonton were a few appetizer faves and the short rib/mashed potato beef cup - AMAZING!! And definitely get some of their homemade ice cream for dessert. YUM!!!! Book with Rouge, you will not regret it!!!!

Sent on 04/13/2017

Jennifer · Married on 03/31/2017

Rouge and Sarah Kelley did an AMAZING job at our wedding. From the tasting to the walk through to the big day, we were well taken care of. Sarah was easy to work with and fun to be around. They accommodated our custom requests, our guests with food allergies, and even hooked us up with a somewhat non-traditional double chocolate wedding cake (yummm). Everything was seamless. Everything was absolutely delicious. My guests are still complimenting the food almost a month later. They had their people making sure that my groom and I got a chance to snag some of the appetizers while we were taking our wedding photos and made sure we got to sit down and have some food before we made our rounds. I'm telling you, Rouge is worth every penny.

Sent on 04/17/2017

Brandi · Married on 11/05/2016

Our experience with Rouge was top-notch from start to finish. We planned our wedding remotely, and we first worked with Celeste who was available and very responsive in answering our questions and working with us to customize the menu for the various dietary restrictions of our guests. Lauren was our day of event coordinator and she was fantastic. Her and the team took care of everything... from set up to tear down and everything in between (even making sure we had drinks and food!). I didn't have to worry about anything, which made my day incredibly stress free. The food was absolutely delicious and we received tons of compliments from our guests on the quality. I highly recommend Rouge!

Sent on 11/23/2016

mark · Married on 10/29/2016

everyone raved about the dinner and the appetizers were amazing. I would strongly recommend that you consider using Rouge for any event or special occasion. Celeste and Jacqueline do an incredible job to make your event one of a kind

Sent on 10/31/2016
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 10/22/2016

I'd like to start by saying many of my guests are still raving about how phenomenal the food was at our wedding! I would not call my husband and I "foodies" but we definitely enjoy food and can also be slightly picky eaters. Our wedding was a day wedding so I knew the food setup might be a little different. Rouge worked with us from the very beginning to make sure we had exactly what we were envisioning for the big day! Even during the first tasting, the food was nothing short of amazing. I made an odd request for a nacho cheese fountain and they were able to pull it off an epic fountain! We also hired Rouge to provide our bar services in addition to the catering. All of the staff was very friendly and helpful. I'd highly recommend working with Rouge for delicious food and awesome service!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Randle · Married on 10/21/2016

Rouge was presented to us as a somewhat "new-on-the-scene" option and we rolled the dice with that singular recommendation. Were we ever glad we trusted our instincts! Rouge delivered what our guests described as "hands down THE BEST 'wedding food' they'd ever had." And it was! The 3-course plated dinner was beyond elegant and filled with infinitely inventive flavor combinations. Gabrielle was such a pleasure to work with and the evening was truly stellar from start to finish. Using Rouge Fine Catering was the best decision we made in a fortunate series of great decisions.

Sent on 10/25/2016

Catherine · Married on 10/15/2016

From the moment we met for the tasting to the set up and the clean up of the wedding, everything was FLAWLESS. Our event manager Lauren was always responsive and flexible in working with us to carry out our dream wedding. Countless Rouge staff members checked in with us throughout the night to make sure we were ok and provided for. Because we didn't have much time to eat, they even packaged food for us to enjoy as newlyweds back at our hotel. The best part: our guests could not stop RAVING about the food. They mentioned that wedding food can be very mediocre, but everything rouge served was top notch and prepared on site. I would recommend to any couple looking for wedding catering in a heart beat!

Sent on 10/18/2016
  • F

Fred · Married on 10/08/2016

I have over my career and life worked with dozens of caterers, but I have never had an experience that came close to this. They were superb in every way. From the first inquiry through the cleanup, they were a delight to work with. The quality or the food was outstanding. My daughter is a picky eater and they not only accommodated all her needs with the dinner and appetizers but made them fabulous. The service before and during the whole evening was excellent. This was true of the event managers as well as all the staff. They all earned a huge tip, but Rouge has a no tip policy which is a nice bonus. If I had a second daughter I would go back in a heart beat. You can not do better.

Sent on 10/11/2016

Tiffany · Married on 10/07/2016

Rouge catered my wedding 10/07/16. No words can describe the service we received. Absolutely amazing! The food was fantastic, the staff was professional and friendly, very attentive. Jackie my coordinator was fabulous!! Any questions or requests she handled smoothly. They staff my made my night! My guests are still complimenting on the food and service they received.

Sent on 10/10/2016

Molly · Married on 10/01/2016

We were so pleased with every aspect of booking with Rouge. The food was delicious, the prices were good, the service was always great (especially on day of) and every other vendor we booked was thrilled to learn that we went with Rouge. We got a lot of compliments on the food and they gave us so much peace of mind on the day of the wedding that everything at the venue would be taken care of. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Kristin · Married on 09/24/2016

Beyond delicious! They even went so far as to make a vegan meal for a guest on the spot!

Sent on 10/12/2016
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 09/24/2016

Rouge is extremely professional while maintaining the small business feel that every bride wants. You want to feel like your wedding is the most important one they have, and that's how my husband and I felt during the whole process of working with Rouge. We can't speak more highly of Gabby, our wedding coordinator for our special day.

Sent on 10/19/2016

karen · Married on 09/18/2016

Our daughter's wedding was one week ago and we are still basking in the glow of the wedding. Rouge Catering did a fabulous job.! The food and presentation were amazing.. Celeste met with us initially to review our menu as well as presentation.
    My daughter wanted something unique that incorporated various food stations. Celeste gave us suggestions and guided us beautifully. She made the process seamless.
    She is a delightful to work with and we were thrilled with the menu.
    Lauren Bowyer managed our daughter's wedding . She executed everything that we requested efficiently and beautifully. She is a true professional ! We could not have been more pleased. Our friends and family kept commenting throughout the reception about the fabulous food as well as the wonderful staff. We want to thank Celeste, Jonathan and Lauren for wonderful memories for our daughter, son in law and our families.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Susan · Married on 09/18/2016

Everything about working with Rouge was a positive experience! Never having planned a formal event like a wedding reception before we needed a lot of support and guidance. The staff at Rouge were with us every step of the way! They offered us a varied selection of appetizers, entrees, and desserts and stayed within our budget. Kaitlyn Canarr, manager, listened to the vision of our day and delivered an event that far exceeded our expectations. The staff who served our guests were professional and friendly and looked like they were having a good time (I even noticed one of the bartenders dancing a little behind the bar as the party got under way. It put a smile on my face). During the dinner and for days after, friends and family raved about the delicious, beautiful food. We cannot say enough about how Rouge came through for us! If you choose this talented group, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Brooke · Married on 09/17/2016

Besides choosing my husband to marry, Rouge was the best decision I made for my September 2016 wedding. We had an interesting wedding day, filled with no-show uber drivers, me (bride) having to show up at the venue 30 minutes later than expected with half my guests, only to arrive to a venue with no power or A/C. Kelly, from Rouge, was constantly keeping me updated, and discussed with the other vendors staying later to accommodate the unforeseen issues. 5 minutes before we were going to walk down the isle, the generator the venue was using stopped working. Kelly and the staff quickly lit some candles, allowing me to walk down a candlelit isle, while my guests hummed "Here Comes the Bride". I made sure to stay calm, because I knew I wasn't going to let anything ruin this day. And Kelly and the Rouge staff were constantly checking up on me! The food was delicious. The staff was flawless. They did not miss a beat! I can't imagine any other catering company handling my wedding day any better. I am forever grateful for Rouge and Kelly, and speak so highly of them.

Sent on 01/12/2017

Mark & Randall · Married on 08/20/2016

ROUGE was so important to the success of our wedding reception! Working with Kelly was easy and fun to come up with our individualized menu and, right from the beginning, she understood the relaxed "vibe" and understated elegance we were going for. The food was divine and everything on our menu was delicious! We received so many compliments on the food and it seemed that everyone had a different favorite. We know our guests were happy and satisfied which was our main goal! The service was terrific and we especially loved having our own personal server, Meg, who was assigned to take care of us all night! What a truly delightful and magnificent experience!

Sent on 09/25/2016

M · Married on 08/20/2016

We used Rouge for our wedding in August 2016 and could not have been more pleased. From the first initial contact with them, they were easy to work with, helpful, responsive, and answered all of our questions in a very timely manner. They worked with us to put together a menu based on what we were looking for and made suggestions as needed. As we live out of town, they worked with our schedule to accommodate a weekend where we could come in for a tasting. They allowed us to taste our entire menu, make a couple of minor tweaks, meet the chef, and even sent us home with more food! Throughout the entire process, their service and attention to detail was impeccable and they far succeeded our high expectations on the day of the wedding. Gabrielle, our event manager, was amazing! We received lots of compliments from our guests about the delicious food and the servers were attentive and professional. The presentation of the food was beautiful and the short ribs and rockfish were incredible! And our guests loved the homemade ice cream sandwiches! They even packed up two full meals and some dessert for us for after the wedding. Thank you to Gabrielle and the Rouge team for the 5 star food and top notch service. We would highly recommend Rouge for your next event!

Sent on 05/11/2018

We thought that Rouge Fine Catering provided outstanding catering all around. EVERY guest I spoke with commented on the excellent food. We had a buffet dinner with a cocktail hour before hand, and guests were pleased to be offered such an array of delicious food. The service was unbelievable. Every person from Rouge who I dealt with was quickly available, responsive, but not intrusive in any way. During the event the staff was instantly available to help, seeming to sense when I needed it so I didn't have to ask first. They did everything that I wanted. They were very efficient in how they did all their hard work. If you want catering with wonderful food that your guests will love, and if you want a smooth and easy experience with the catering, I highly recommend Rouge Fine Catering.

Sent on 08/28/2016

Kristin · Married on 07/24/2016

Rouge catering did a great job at our wedding. We asked for upscale comfort food and that is exactly what we got from appetizer to entrees. We did a family style serving and the serving staff was great about getting food out and refilling tables where it was needed. The quality of the food was outstanding and this is why we chose them as a vendor; they cook everything onsite which is very rare but definitely showed in the quality of the food! And, they have the best cornbread!!

Sent on 08/14/2016

Shawn · Married on 07/23/2016

I seriously can't stress enough how amazing their service was for my wedding. I was 2 months away, and catering was the hardest (and for wedding planning the most important part) check on my checklist. They were the only place (out of very many) that QUICKLY responded to me and my inquires (I'm talking like 12 hours later). They catered (pun intended) to everything I needed. My budget was serious tight and they had an amazing menu to offer WITHOUT hidden costs, just a bottom line total, and when you have a wedding on your hands worried about all the hidden fine lines like the other vendors I hired had, was a huge weight off my shoulders. So, then the big day- they were on time, helped with a cake and cupcakes that I had delivered from anther vendor. But most importantly!!: I rented a lot of vintage props and when I arrived, I found they dropped off a lot of things in one big pile and took off. My stress level hit the roof and I start running around in full hair/make up/dress, trying tset everything up in 90 degree heat. People were coming in an hour. And Rouge and they're employees stepped forward and started helping me, without me asking because why would I ask them? It's not their job! But they ALL pitched in, lugging large trunks, wine barrels, wagon wheel, etc. all around my venue for me. Telling me to stop and relax, that have it handled. So without them, my wedding wouldn't have happened!! But enough about the best service I could have possibly imagined and onto the delicious food! Everything was perfect. Every single person complimented the food, the drinks, everything. They were amazing, delicious food, above and beyond service. SERIOUSLY PEOPLE! I CANNOT RECOMMEND THEM ENOUGH!!

Sent on 07/26/2016

Katherine · Married on 07/16/2016

We had a wedding reception of over 200 guests. Thanks to the blizzard in January 2016, we also had to cancel our original reception date (2 days before) and reschedule for later in the year. Rouge was able to help us meet these planning challenges and we are extremely happy with the outcome.

In terms of the food: Rouge makes available an incredible number of options for passed appetizers, main meals, and desserts. You are best off if you have a pretty defined vision of what you're looking for. We had fewer defined ideas about food and struggled with the options, but Rouge's professionals were able to help guide us through the process. We were especially pleased with the appetizers - and Rouge experts were very helpful in fine tuning our entree selections after we left our tasting feeling like we had a dual plated selection where the two preparations were too strong in flavor and needed to be better paired. When we had to reschedule our reception from the winter to the summer, Rouge was fabulous about working with us to substitute some winter menu items (e.g., a hot chocolate bar) for some great summer seasonal items (e.g., working off menu to work with us to provide a bubble tea bar instead!). (The bubble tea bar was a HUGE hit.)

In terms of service: the Rouge team are professional and cooperative and energetic. One of the best things Rouge offers is a coordinator who will take you through planning and the day of - who will not only direct Rouge's operations and logistics but can also serve as point for coordinating with your many other vendors on the day of the event. Because of our date change, we had to work with two different coordinators, but they worked closely with each other and with us to make the transition very smooth.

The liquor package that Rouge offers is a very good deal. We wanted to do more customization of beer and wine. We did upgrade the beer options, but gave up on our ideal wines. But overall v happy w Rouge.

Sent on 12/29/2016

Thalia · Married on 07/03/2016

Weeks after my wedding I am still receiving compliments on the food catered for our special day! We had a wonderful experience with Rouge- particularly regarding the menu and the on-going communication between our caterers and our venue site. I had full confidence with this service and highly recommend their services.

Sent on 07/18/2016

Marianna · Married on 06/25/2016

Rouge catered our wedding this past Saturday, and we could not be happier with that decision! Their food is top-notch, but so is their service. As the bride, I felt tended to consistently throughout my reception. Everything was so delicious and I made it a point to try a little bit of everything. I got so stuffed! (Yes, I ate a lot at my own wedding). All our guests kept saying how phenomenal the food was, but the presentation was also stunning. Jordan was there to help every step of the way and seldom responded to an email 48 hours later- she typically responded within a day. Also, get to know their staff. They are super friendly and it is so nice to build a relationship with them. Rouge is nothing short of professional.

Sent on 06/28/2016

Sara · Married on 06/18/2016

Rouge is absolutely fantastic! From setting up a tasting, to planning, to delivery they are professionals that go above and beyond. Plus they work with a bakery to have the cake included so it's an easy and stress-free process. The food is fantastic. We had family style service and Rouge was great at bringing extras out for tables because everyone loved the food so much! We worked with Kaitlyn and she is amazing- very responsive, flexible and extremly organized. Highly recommend Rouge for their great service and amazing food!

Sent on 07/24/2016