264 Reviews for Rouge Fine Catering

Organic (2)
Chinese (1)
German (1)
254 Rouge Fine Catering Reviews

Rogue provided the catering for our wedding. The team was very helpful in all of the planning and helped us choose the perfect menu. All of the food was delicious. Would definitely recommend for any event.

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/26/19, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Was not able to hire them as they were fully booked for my date, but they were very responsive and quick to communicate their availability. Thanks!

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/6/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering

We had the very best catering experience with Rouge! Our event rep, Maykayla, was easy to work with, quick to respond, answered all of our questions and helped us make the ver best decisions for our wedding. When we began communicating with Rouge, we were working with a different consultant, so when we arrived for our first tasting there had been a few changes to the menu that were not reflected in the dishes we tasted. Without hesitation, Maykayla offered to have us back for a second complimentary tasting to try our remaining items. It was this (plus the OUT OF THIS WORLD food) that really sold us on using them for our wedding. It was incredibly smooth sailing with them since that first meeting - we were able to make easy changes, add items, take things away, etc. without any issues. We ended up with a much smaller guest count than we originally expected, and Rouge did everything they could to ensure that we would still get the most value out of our day. Most importantly, the food on our wedding day was unreal. Of all of the nice things people have said about our event, the number 1 thing we have heard was how incredible our food was. Service was on point, the portions were huge and delicious, and everything was served hot. They were even kind enough to bring my husband and I a platter of hors d'voures and drinks and packaged up desserts and extra entrees and put them in the fridge in our Inn (we stayed onsite at our venue) while the reception was still going on. We would absolutely recommend them!!!

Profile Picture Ali, 9/8/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Bartender(s), House Liquor, Specialty Beer, Vegan, Vegetarian, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

TL;DR: Book without hesitation.

It was really wonderful working with Rouge, from start to finish. Our venue had a limited list of approved caterers and we are very glad that Rouge was one of them.They are worth 10 out of 5 stars.

We primarily worked with Jackie, who was in charge of our event who was outstanding. She was very quick to respond to emails and easy to communicate with. We had a 200+ person wedding with inclement weather which was NOT easy. I can tell she did a TON behind the scenes and cannot thank her enough. Our cocktail hour had to be moved last second from due to thunderstorms starting 5 minutes after our ceremony and the change was executed flawlessly.

Food - amazing. Guests raved about the food all night and after the wedding. Very extensive options, you could have pretty much anything you can imagine. They cook their food on site which is unheard of. We made multiple changes to our menu without any problems, and they even were able to accommodate a couple of custom requests for us (we provided them with a couple of family recipes for cocktail hour). Service was excellent.

Pricing - great price especially for the quality. Included gratuity. We had a signing incentive of a free flavored water station on booking which was nice. The steal of the wedding, however, was the open bar - $9 per person which I still cannot believe, although I can imagine it cannot stay this low for long (especially given hour much our friends took advantage of it!!). The only kind of annoying thing was that there was no online portal for payment so we had to mail our checks in - made me uncomfortable to have that much money in the mail, even with tracking.

Extras - The rental came with utensils and china, though we did need to rent linens, though this was also contracted and coordinated through Rouge, which made it very convenient.

Profile Picture Stanley, 9/1/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, No Pork, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Specialty Wine, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

ROUGE Catering is fantastic! We used their catering services for my wedding, and I couldn’t have been more pleased. Niki, our coordinator, was so helpful and responsive. She helped my family and I design a beautiful menu, which everyone enjoyed. We did a cocktail hour with 5 buttered hor d’ouerves and a stationery app. All guests started off with a salad and bread. We then had a plated meal (your choice of filet mignon, rockfish, or veg). For dessert we had a dessert bar with 5 mini desserts as well as an ice cream sundae bar, which was a huge hit! We would hire ROUGE again in a heartbeat. They were seriously so easy to work with.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 8/4/18, 1 Review

Wedding Date: 06/16/2018:
Maykayla and the Rouge Fine Catering staff were nothing less than superb. Doing everything in their power to bring our menu to life. The multiple tastings to make sure everything met our standards was done with ease. The day of the wedding from the cocktail hour to the reception was nothing but pure excellence. We wish we were still there enjoying our custom made menu. Recommend Rouge Fine Catering to anyone looking for a true Full Service catering company,

Mr. and Mrs. Michael James

Profile Picture Felicia, 6/16/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

Not only is the food absolute perfection - from presentation and display to taste - but the staff is absolutely incredible! Our co-event managers, Niki and Jordan, were so helpful and responsive before the event and Niki made sure to execute our wedding day to perfection. I can not thank the Rouge team for making the best day of my life even better!

Profile Picture Morgan, 6/16/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Cake Cutting, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

I knew that I wanted Rouge to be my caterer before even trying their food, based off their reputation within my community and the amazing reviews I'd seen here on WW. I can tell you they met and exceeded my every expectation.

We worked with Lauren Bowyer towards the beginning of our engagement/booking and then had the pleasure of working with Marae Thurlow from our tasting onward. Both very professional and knowledgeable -- always responsive, even when I went back and forth a little on some decisions.

Upon initial inquiry, Lauren sent me a sample menu based off my preferences. At that time we were thinking autumn wedding, so when we changed our date to June, Lauren offered an alternative to one of our entrée options that was more autumnal for a citrus glazed rockfish. I made no other changes to the menu she came up with! My parents came with my husband and I to our tasting and were extremely impressed. Everything was professionally presented and tasted delicious. It was hard to imagine that the food would taste just as good on the day of the wedding, but to our delight we think it tasted EVEN BETTER! They prepare everything on-site so it is freshly cooked! I can't tell you how many raving compliments I've received about all of the food -- the hors d'oeuvres (veggie quesadilla, mini crab cake, burger & fry slider, deviled egg, brie tartlets), entrees (rockfish and beef short rib -- to die for), and desserts (creme brûlée and champagne fruit coupe). I was getting quite hungry after hours of photos and no food, and was so happy to see that a server had set aside appetizers for us and brought plates full of food when we finished our salads. We didn't get to eat all of our food at the reception, but they boxed up both entrees for us to take home! I seriously hope I get to plan another event so I can hire Rouge as the caterer -- the quality is excellent and people are so wonderful to work with. Thank you Rouge!!!!

Profile Picture User5040218, Recently Married, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, Vegan, American, French, Mexican, Bartender(s), Liquor License, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol

We loved working with Rouge! The food was fantastic, the service was excellent, and it was a pleasure working with Kate to get every last detail perfect. We wanted cocktail-style stations and found that not many caterers offered this option, but Rouge had many creative ways to serve food and we were able to get exactly what we wanted. Highly recommend working with them!

Profile Picture Karuna, 6/16/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, American, Cajun, Caribbean, Mediterranean, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

We hired Rouge based solely on the reviews that we read and the things that we heard about them and we are so glad that we did! From the outset, they really took the time to understand what we were looking for and worked hard to create the perfect menu that suited our taste as a couple. We first experienced Rouge's food at our tasting and we were blown away! While all of the food was amazing, there were some small tweaks we wanted made to the food and they delivered. Everything was absolutely perfect on our wedding day. Beyond just the food, Rouge went above and beyond to make sure that every detail was taken care of. It was really important to us to actually enjoy the food on our wedding day and Rouge made sure to set aside a plate of all of the appetizers for me and my husband to enjoy. Throughout our reception, multiple staff members checked in with me and my husband to make sure we had everything that we needed. They really did everything to make sure that our night was exactly what we wanted -- and it was! I cannot say enough good things about Rouge and would highly recommend working with them.

Profile Picture Sam, 6/16/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, American

My son and daughter-in -law were just married at the American Visionary Art Museum.
The entire event was wonderful - a huge part of the experience came from the food and wait staff provided by Rouge Fine Catering!
The staff was extremely accomodating, pleasant and professional.
Although the event was set up buffet style, my Mother was served her meal at her seat as the staff noticed her difficulty with walking.
The food was AMAZING! Appetizers of mini cheese burger sliders, deviled eggs and Crabcake. A main course of Fresh Rockfish, Short Ribs, Potatoes and Asparagus. Several increadible desserts! All of the food rivaled in quality to a very fine restaurant dinning experience. Hands down - the best food I have ever eaten at a wedding. Several guest commented to me about the increadible food and the great staff as well.
I would highly recommend Rouge Fine Catering for any special event! You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Robert, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We used Rouge Catering for our wedding last weekend and are so happy that we did! I got quotes from over a dozen caterers in DC/NoVA/MD and Rouge was by far the most affordable considering everything that you get for the price and the excellent quality of the food. Kate Rehnstrom was our event coordinator and she could not have been more accommodating in working with us leading up to our wedding and on the day of our event. Our guests raved about the passed hors d'oeuvres (including crab cakes, lamb chops, chicken and waffles, coconut shrimp and watermelon feta skewers) as well as the plated meals (short ribs, maryland rockfish, and eggplant). We even had a dessert bar to go along with our wedding cake that included mini doughnuts and fruit tarts, which the Rouge staff set up beautifully. We added the full open bar package because it was such an incredible deal with the low price per guest, and even had a champagne toast and signature drink (a Moscow Mule). Kate was so accommodating with ALL of my last minute changes. She worked with me because I wanted copper mugs for my guests for the Mules, and even helped us add a rosé to the wine list at the last second that I really wanted (our wedding was on National Rosé Day). On the day of the wedding there was a huge staff attending to our guests' every need and everything went off without a hitch. If you are looking for an elegant and delicious full service caterer at an extremely reasonable price in the DC Metro area, I would 100% recommend taking a look at Rouge.

Profile Picture Katie, 6/9/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

My husband and I were recently married this past weekend at a historic mansion in MD. Niki from Rouge provided attentive, superb service throughout the preparation phases, food testing, and when I asked for a gluten free menu for allergy reasons, she kindly and promptly created one that was wonderful! We've heard rave reviews from our guests--the salmon was excellent, and the wine amazing. Thanks so much for making our wedding evening memorable!

Profile Picture Laura, 5/5/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

I just used Rouge Catering for my wedding on 4/27/18. At first glance I did think they were over priced, however after looking at other vendors I realized that they are the absolute best value. Not only the best value but honestly the best service and quality of food. They are so professional and make you look so good at your wedding! I would 100% use them at other events.

Profile Picture Kathryn, 4/27/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

I cannot say enough great things about Rouge! Their food is amazing, the service is flawless, and they are so easy to work with. From our first meeting with Lauren she made us feel at ease and answered any and all questions we had. We were able to pick our perfect menu and even customized our beer and wine selections to include our favorites. As the day got closer she helped us nail down final details (linens, table layouts, etc.) ensuring nothing was missed. The day of the wedding everything was flawless and our guests raved about the food. The staff also made sure my husband and I were attended to and sent us home with a meal for later in the night. I've been a guest at weddings Rouge has catered and now used them at my own wedding and I cannot recommend them more!

Profile Picture Jess, 4/20/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, American, Caribbean, Mexican, Bartender(s), House Liquor, Open Bar, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

I hired Rouge to do the catering at my wedding, and they did an incredible job. It's not easy to serve super high quality food for 150+ people that's both delicious and beautiful, and Rouge went above and beyond. I worked with Lauren Bowyer, and she was extremely responsive via email and flexible with all of my changes and requirements for dietary restrictions. She was a dream on the day of the wedding as well, and really made sure everything was going smoothly. I can't recommend Rouge highly enough.

Profile Picture Zoe, 2/24/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, American, Asian, French, Italian, Thai, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

There are not enough descriptive words in the universe to fully explain Rouge. What a dream come true! When we began the process of searching for a caterer, we knew we wanted to explore options with them because we’d previously had their delicious food. Initially, I was concerned because the first meeting can be a little pushy- very interested in making sure you want to work with them. The food was life-changing, as we expected. It truly made sense why they were so confident in their ability to provide such an amazing experience- they have earned that confidence! We did not make our decision right away but we’re still able to get everything we wanted and needed to make the perfect menu. From there, Lauren and team only continued to exceed our expectations. When I arrived at the venue, Lauren already had everyone in order, setting up, moving chairs, organizing and always had a smile on her face. She was attentive to my husband and myself, our parents and anything she could do to make our day easy, she did. Rouge will treat you and your guests like royalty! No one went hungry, no one missed a bite and even our gluten free guests had an option just as tasty as the gluten-heavy meal I picked. I really can’t expect to ever top this experience. Rouge deserves every accolade, honor, 5-star review and all of my thanks and appreciation. I worship the ground they walk on and will be taking my mom to lunch there sometime soon!

Profile Picture Katelyn, 1/20/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, American, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Tables, Gluten Free, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine

If you want a wonderful experience go with Rouge there's a good reason they're the best caterer in Maryland. The food, service, and staff are top notch. Everything they made was delicious the bar service was fast no long lines at the bar. Any questions we had were answered in hours and all set up and break down of our ceremony and reception was incredible. They made my wedding spectacular I can't recommend them enough they were amazing start to finish. I am so glad Rouge was my caterer!!!

If I ever had to caterer another event I would only use Rouge.

Profile Picture Kristi , 1/13/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Tables, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, American, Asian, French, Japanese, Mexican, Southern, Southwestern, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer

Wow. That's really all you need to say about Rouge, but I'll continue. When we first reached out to Rouge, Celeste took care of working up a menu for us that fit our vision and communicated with us all about what Rouge can do for us and how much everything costs. We decided to go into their tasting in Hunt Valley and were EXTREMELY impressed with everything we tasted. They gave us almost exactly the menu we wanted during our tasting and Celeste was very professional. We were immediately sold on using them as our caterer and knew we'd be in good hands. They provided us software with a layout of our venue (Accelerator Space) that let us drag tables, chairs, bars, etc into it and design our floor plan. We even used the software to assign seating and track everyone's meal choices. It made it very easy to build our vision and also create print outs for our wedding planner / florist / furniture delivery personnel, etc. They let you supply the alcohol which provides a HUGE cost savings which we really enjoyed. We requested extra bartenders which allowed us to never have a line at a bar - Niki was our project manager that hosted the evening and everything was flawless. Their staff were extremely professional, tables had all courses served within minutes (for 165 guests) and everything stayed perfectly maintained the entire evening. HIGHLY RECOMMEND them. We did passed Hors Doeuvres, salad course, pasta course (Mac n Cheese is still being talked about by guests), then a choice of entree.

Profile Picture Mike, 12/9/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering

Although we did not use this vendor I could not say enough good things about them! Celeste is amazing and made me feel like I was working with an old friend. We did play phone tag for a bit because I was very busy for a few days with wedding planning. That did not deter Celeste from reaching out via email since its so much easier to email from anywhere these days. We were finally able to chat on the phone and she was great! Very detailed oriented and asked all the right questions. She is so knowledgeable so any questions I had never went unanswered. She created a proposal menu for us right away for a venue that they work with. When I had asked if we decided to go elsewhere would we still be able to work with her, she assured me that was fine. Rouge is willing to travel and we could write up a different proposal for another venue! She made finding a caterer so much easier than I expected! I would recommend Rouge Fine Catering to everyone I know for all events!

Profile Picture Heather, 10/29/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

I am in love with Rouge. Not only was the food delicious, the service was even better. I started out with one coordinator and two coordinators later, ended up with someone else last minute the week of the wedding. At first I was a little worried because she didn't do the final walk-through with us, it didn't even matter. The service was so exceptional, they made all of our guests happy, and really catered to myself and my husband to make sure we had plenty to eat and drink throughout the night. The flexibility that they bring (because I changed my mind a lot and made changes/edits down to the last week) was so appreciated. My family was so happy with the service and food, it really brought the whole day together.

Profile Picture Lily, 10/28/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, American, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

ROUGE was recommended to us by a trusted friend, and private chef. We are so glad that we contacted them! Beyond bringing their own kitchen and providing the most amazing food at our wedding, Niki was there for us throughout the planning of our wedding. Niki worked with us to select our amazing menu, and she also worked with us and our planner to create an atmosphere that was out of this world. From linen selections and bringing décor items to use at our wedding and reception, to an out-of-this-world menu, Niki was there every step of the way. With all that said, we wouldn’t change a thing and would use ROUGE again. If ever asked who we would recommend for catering, there is no doubt that we would recommend ROUGE.

Profile Picture Katie, 10/22/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

Well I think it’s safe to say that Rouge knows I love them. I worked with Jordan Bardel for my 10.14.2017 wedding at Evergreen and working with Rouge was one of the best decisions we made for ourselves for that day. They are incredibly responsive, made sure we were taken care of (read.... didn’t eat very much the week before the wedding, was hit with low blood sugar before the wedding and a plate of appetizers came to the rescue in the Knick of time) and never made me feel demanding or over reaching. They let us personalize everything about our bar menu, the food was absolutely raves about, and everyone at the ceremony wanted seconds of everything at our family style reception. I honestly can’t recommend them enough and I’ve already recommended them to two other couples who booked the second they had their tasting, I’m so excited to be able to enjoy them at those receptions as well! Thanks Rouge, you’re amazing.

Profile Picture Eleanor, 10/14/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Family Style, Bartender(s), Limited Bar, Liquor License, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Vegan

We are so happy with our decision to hire Rouge for our Wedding Catering! First, they are a pleasure to work with in the planning stages of the wedding! The tasting experience was amazing (their food is so delicious), they answered all questions in a timely manner and were more than happy to accommodate special plates for my guests with crazy food allergies. Then the day of the wedding... wow, they surpassed all expectations!! The food was beyond amazing... from the appetizers to the main course.. and drinks of course.. truly high quality food and drinks!! But the service in my eyes was even better! They were kind and attentive to my guests and delivered all food in a timely manner. However, they truly shined in the service to my husband and I that day! They assigned certain servers to the bride and groom to make sure we had everything we needed the entire day... we had appetizers delivered to us during picture time to make sure we got to eat that day (bc we all know that can be hard for the bride and groom). Every time I turned around there was a server there asking if I needed another drink (whether water or wine)... at one point I asked for a drink and went to the bathroom to fix my hair, which took 10 minutes and the server was standing outside with my drink ready for me as I came back! I was truly in awe in how attentive they were and helped my husband and I feel so special that day! And the cherry on top is that they package up an extra meal for the bride and groom to take home so we could really enjoy our wedding food together... for us it was the next day! I would highly suggest hiring Rouge for your Catering needs! They provide highly quality food and service to ensure the event is top notch!

Profile Picture Kailee, 10/14/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Kosher, Lactose Free, Nut Free, Vegetarian, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up