Rouge Fine Catering Reviews

Rouge Fine Catering 5
Rouge Fine Catering 6
Rouge Fine Catering 7

Lauren · Getting married on 05/26/2019

Rogue provided the catering for our wedding. The team was very helpful in all of the planning and helped us choose the perfect menu. All of the food was delicious. Would definitely recommend for any event.

Kim · Getting married on 05/15/2019

Was a guest at one of the wedding's you catered. The food was excellent. If you were closer to Richmond. I would hire your company for my daughter's wedding this year. Everyone who can take advantage of being able to use your company. I would highly recommend them.

• Kendall

Kendall · Married on 01/19/2019

The best experience!

Celeste, Amanda, Nikki, and Kyla did a phenomenal job coordinating the food and drinks for our wedding day! Rouge created custom passed appetizers to reflect our Maryland (Groom) and Nevada/California (Bride) upbringings and had no issue changing the plated meals several times to accommodate cost cuts - we finally landed on crab cakes, beef short ribs, and vegetarian penne vodka pasta and ALL WERE PERFECT! They do not skimp on portions- the crab cakes were softball size! And I have no idea how they do it but the food looked and tasted the same (super high quality!) as it did in the makeshift museum kitchen (which we never saw) as it did during the tasting at their hunt valley kitchen. We also had Rouge man an open bar (they provided the alcohol) for a very reasonable price.
    Rouge executed a phenomenal plan for all the table and linen arrangements - including last minute add-ons for a children’s area.
    I (the Bride) became extremely ill the day of the wedding and was not able to keep anything down. I would like to personally thank Celeste, Kyla, and the catering team, for providing me with a “bland meal” completely off menu they created personally for me. I was devastated that I couldn’t eat any of the food that I was SO SO SO looking forward to, but they packed up some left over meals that I have since eaten and we’re superb even a day or 2 later!
    I whole heartily recommend Rouge to any couple looking for the perfect food/beverage/table+linen option on their wedding day!

Nora · Married on 12/08/2018

Truly more than just a caterer!

We began our experience with Rouge with a friend who worked as an event coordinator at the time. She was amazing and incredibly helpful throughout the year of wedding planning, answering questions whenever I had them and giving me suggestions for other vendors or things to think of (that I never would have without her help). About a month out from our big day, that friend took a position with another company and, although I was incredibly happy for her, I was a bit nervous about not having her with us on the day of as she knew the ins and outs of our plans. Enter Celeste! Celeste quickly studied and familiarized herself with our plans and made some fantastic floor plan/decor suggestions. I was able to drop off ALL of my decorative items (including 72 vases and candles for the centerpieces) and they transported everything and made sure it got to where it was supposed to be on the big day. Celeste and her staff checked on us throughout the night making sure we ate when we wanted and had a drink at all times. I could not say better things about Rouge--their food is so impressive and beautiful and their full service menu is HUGE. I HIGHLY recommend Rouge as a caterer, they really are more than just that, they help you plan your event and give you peace of mind that it will all come together in the end. Our wedding day was perfect and we cannot thank Rouge and everyone who helped enough.

• Jenny

Jenny · Married on 11/17/2018

100% PERFECT!!!!!!

We were sold on ROUGE after we completed the taste testing for our wedding day. We literally signed as we were finishing our plates! First off, the responsiveness was always so darn fast as of course I had a million questions. The communication remained like this for the entire time that we were planning. Secondly, the price was more than reasonable for an open bar, cake, desserts, main entrees, and a cocktail hour. Thirdly, our guests (and ourselves) were completely amazed at our wedding. The food was sooooooooooooo yummy and there was plenty of it. The staff were awesome, bartenders were awesome, and there literally is not one complaint. A very elegant company that will certainly bring the “wow” factor. A special thanks to Nadja for making it all come together! She was a pleasure to work with!

Sarah · Married on 11/17/2018

Amazing Caterer! Highly Recommend!

We used Rouge for our wedding and could not have been happier with our choice! They are truly an exceptional caterer! We had countless people tell us that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding - from the appetizers to the desert, everything was phenomenal! We worked with Jordan and Amanda and they were both amazing! They were very responsive, helpful, and extremely easy to work with. I can't say enough about how amazing the staff, service, and food was. One thing we loved was they had a tray of appetizers and drinks waiting for us when we arrived (we didn't want to join cocktail hour), and also had to go containers with our dinners since we didn't get to finish them. Some of our favorites was the rib-eye steak (one of our main entrees), the bacon wrapped scallops (app), and the chicken tacos (app). Can't express how amazing they were to work with - thank you Rouge especially Amanda and team!!! Couldn't recommend more!!!

• Kelly

Kelly · Married on 11/03/2018

All around perfect

Rouge was an integral part of making our wedding such a big success. We worked with Nadja, who was awesome. She helped us make sure everything went smoothly with the guests and helped make sure everything was perfect for my husband and I as well. We received compliments from almost everyone about the quality of the food. Definitely recommend Rouge Fine Catering!

• Peggy

Peggy T · Married on 11/03/2018

Rouge Reasons!

Our daughter’s wedding was in November at the Naval Academy with a reception to follow at the Annapolis Maritime Museum. We had two beautiful locations and needed to find the perfect caterer! A friend recommended Rouge Fine Catering and after hearing her rave about the food and seeing pictures of how perfect they made it all look... seemed to be an easy choice. We contacted them and sometimes I think Sarah M our contact person was answering my questions before I finished writing the email! They helped us pick the right menu for our guests and gave great suggestions. We had a raw bar along with other appetizers for cocktail hour and it was amazing! The museum is on old oyster canning facility and it fit perfectly. Our guests couldn’t stop telling us how much they loved that! The food was awesome, the service was professional and they had it all taken care of. When you hire the right people and trust them.... makes your day go well! They helped with rentals and the cake as well and we stayed within our budget. Would highly recommend them and I give an extra huge shout out to Sarah M for all she did!

Rouge Fine Catering 8
    Rouge Fine Catering 9
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing food

Wow! That is the best way to describe the food we had at our reception. The table setting was also beautiful! Over 5 weeks later and I'm still hearing rave reviews about everything. Everyone has said it's the best wedding food they have ever had! That says a lot considering our venue doesn't even have a kitchen! The appetizers, the meal, the desserts, the service, everything was amazing! The raw bar was an absolute hit with everyone! The presentation matched the taste, as well. To quote a guest, "Everything I ate was better than the last. There wasn't a single item I didn't try and it was all amazing!"

Laura · Married on 10/12/2018

We had our wedding catered by rouge and the food was AMAZING! They were professional and responsive to all our requests. We did the tasting and loved everything that we chose. They did the walk through with us and helped us decide where to put tables and which colors were best. They were on time and very helpful the day of the wedding. The bartenders were fast and friendly and everything went so smooth. Niki and Eli helped throughout our planning process. My wedding planner said that they were helpful during setup as well. All my guests raved over the food.

My only negative comment would be that there was some miscommunication between them and the venue owners, but I would still recommend Rouge as the food was amazing!

• Kacy

Kacy C · Married on 10/12/2018

Fall Baltimore Wedding

Love Rouge. The food was amazing. Loved the appetizers and glad we went with the plated dinner option. They were so professional and checked up on me often throughout the night making sure I didn’t need anything. We heard from many guests that the bartenders were fast and skilled. And we had a lot of drinkers keeping them busy :). Marae was awesome and made us feel at ease.

Ashley · Married on 10/06/2018

Was not able to hire them as they were fully booked for my date, but they were very responsive and quick to communicate their availability. Thanks!

Caroline · Married on 09/22/2018

We highly recommend working with Rouge Catering!

Rouge did a fantastic job catering my wedding in September! The team at Rouge was wonderful to work with and enthusiastically helped us make several customizations to our menu. Along with many appetizers during cocktail hour, Rouge catered family style side dishes to go with the entrees our guests preselected. For our fish entrée, they worked with a recipe we provided to them and did a fantastic job recreating one of our favorite seafood entrees. They also offered “his” and “hers” cocktails that my husband and I picked out which were a huge hit! All of our guests are still talking about how delicious and perfectly cooked all of the food was. The Rouge catering team was also very thoughtful throughout the wedding day – the staff realized my groom and I were super busy during cocktail hour and made a plate of appetizers for us to enjoy at the sit-down dinner. They even packed up a “picnic” with samples of all of the food we had catered that night to enjoy in our honeymoon suite. We would highly recommend working with Rouge for any event!

Lexi · Married on 09/15/2018

We had a great experience from start to finish. The food was fantastic and the customer service from Kate and Marae were wonderful. Marae was at the wedding until the end, making sure that everything went as planned. We have been receiving compliments about the food since the day of our wedding 2 weeks ago. The food selections were vast, and you can tailor it as you’d like, and ultimately exceeded all of our expectations. Thank you!!

• Emily

Emily · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing food and service

Even though we just so happened to get Rouge as our wedding caterer because of the wedding venue we wanted, they helped solidify our decision to select the Woodlawn and Pope Leighey House for our ceremony and reception. Rouge is the dedicated caterer for Woodlawn, and we first tasted Rouge's food at one of the venue's open houses. We instantly knew they would provide excellent service and delicious food for our family and friends. A few months prior to our wedding date, we had a full tasting to make sure we would be happy with every each menu item. On the day of, Maykayla and the rest of the Rouge staff made sure everything was set up perfectly for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. They kept to our schedule perfectly for dinner and dessert. I heard only positive things from our guests regarding their interactions with the servers and bartenders. Food seems to be one thing that people are quick to criticize at weddings, but our guests raved about their meals. All of the food was cooked on site and came out fresh. Rouge helped make our wedding day so memorable!

Ali · Married on 09/08/2018

We had the very best catering experience with Rouge! Our event rep, Maykayla, was easy to work with, quick to respond, answered all of our questions and helped us make the ver best decisions for our wedding. When we began communicating with Rouge, we were working with a different consultant, so when we arrived for our first tasting there had been a few changes to the menu that were not reflected in the dishes we tasted. Without hesitation, Maykayla offered to have us back for a second complimentary tasting to try our remaining items. It was this (plus the OUT OF THIS WORLD food) that really sold us on using them for our wedding. It was incredibly smooth sailing with them since that first meeting - we were able to make easy changes, add items, take things away, etc. without any issues. We ended up with a much smaller guest count than we originally expected, and Rouge did everything they could to ensure that we would still get the most value out of our day. Most importantly, the food on our wedding day was unreal. Of all of the nice things people have said about our event, the number 1 thing we have heard was how incredible our food was. Service was on point, the portions were huge and delicious, and everything was served hot. They were even kind enough to bring my husband and I a platter of hors d'voures and drinks and packaged up desserts and extra entrees and put them in the fridge in our Inn (we stayed onsite at our venue) while the reception was still going on. We would absolutely recommend them!!!

Stanley · Married on 09/01/2018

TL;DR: Book without hesitation.

It was really wonderful working with Rouge, from start to finish. Our venue had a limited list of approved caterers and we are very glad that Rouge was one of them.They are worth 10 out of 5 stars.

We primarily worked with Jackie, who was in charge of our event who was outstanding. She was very quick to respond to emails and easy to communicate with. We had a 200+ person wedding with inclement weather which was NOT easy. I can tell she did a TON behind the scenes and cannot thank her enough. Our cocktail hour had to be moved last second from due to thunderstorms starting 5 minutes after our ceremony and the change was executed flawlessly.

Food - amazing. Guests raved about the food all night and after the wedding. Very extensive options, you could have pretty much anything you can imagine. They cook their food on site which is unheard of. We made multiple changes to our menu without any problems, and they even were able to accommodate a couple of custom requests for us (we provided them with a couple of family recipes for cocktail hour). Service was excellent.

Pricing - great price especially for the quality. Included gratuity. We had a signing incentive of a free flavored water station on booking which was nice. The steal of the wedding, however, was the open bar - $9 per person which I still cannot believe, although I can imagine it cannot stay this low for long (especially given hour much our friends took advantage of it!!). The only kind of annoying thing was that there was no online portal for payment so we had to mail our checks in - made me uncomfortable to have that much money in the mail, even with tracking.

Extras - The rental came with utensils and china, though we did need to rent linens, though this was also contracted and coordinated through Rouge, which made it very convenient.

Lindsay · Married on 08/04/2018

ROUGE Catering is fantastic! We used their catering services for my wedding, and I couldn’t have been more pleased. Niki, our coordinator, was so helpful and responsive. She helped my family and I design a beautiful menu, which everyone enjoyed. We did a cocktail hour with 5 buttered hor d’ouerves and a stationery app. All guests started off with a salad and bread. We then had a plated meal (your choice of filet mignon, rockfish, or veg). For dessert we had a dessert bar with 5 mini desserts as well as an ice cream sundae bar, which was a huge hit! We would hire ROUGE again in a heartbeat. They were seriously so easy to work with.

Lauren · Married on 07/07/2018

I contacted Rouge after I had gone to a wedding they had catered and the food was delicious. I had reached out to several caterers and found Rouge to be extremely responsive and open to different menu options. My husband is Indian and they were able to encorporate several Indian appetizers and a main entree. They even alllowed us to customize some of options. We worked with Maykayla who was great! She was very accommodating for our tasting even when my husband showed up embarrassingly late. We loved the food at our tasting and they were able to make the very small changes we had asked for. They were very familiar with our venue, The Carnegie, and were even helpful to the other vendors who hadn’t worked there before! The day of Maykayla brought over 2 of each appetizer the second we entered cocktail hour so we were able to try everything. The food was equally a good on the actual day, and my only regret was that I didn’t get to have our dessert which were one of the highlights of the tasting since we were busy on the dance floor :). Maykayla was very attentive to us the entire night, asking if we needed anything. They also did a great job setting up our late night snacks that we had brought in. Our guests had nothing but positive things to say about the food, some even asking for seconds! I would definitely recommend Rouge.

• Felicia

Felicia · Married on 06/16/2018

Wedding Date: 06/16/2018:
    Maykayla and the Rouge Fine Catering staff were nothing less than superb. Doing everything in their power to bring our menu to life. The multiple tastings to make sure everything met our standards was done with ease. The day of the wedding from the cocktail hour to the reception was nothing but pure excellence. We wish we were still there enjoying our custom made menu. Recommend Rouge Fine Catering to anyone looking for a true Full Service catering company,

Mr. and Mrs. Michael James

Morgan · Married on 06/16/2018

Not only is the food absolute perfection - from presentation and display to taste - but the staff is absolutely incredible! Our co-event managers, Niki and Jordan, were so helpful and responsive before the event and Niki made sure to execute our wedding day to perfection. I can not thank the Rouge team for making the best day of my life even better!

Dana · Married on 06/16/2018

I knew that I wanted Rouge to be my caterer before even trying their food, based off their reputation within my community and the amazing reviews I'd seen here on WW. I can tell you they met and exceeded my every expectation.

We worked with Lauren Bowyer towards the beginning of our engagement/booking and then had the pleasure of working with Marae Thurlow from our tasting onward. Both very professional and knowledgeable -- always responsive, even when I went back and forth a little on some decisions.

Upon initial inquiry, Lauren sent me a sample menu based off my preferences. At that time we were thinking autumn wedding, so when we changed our date to June, Lauren offered an alternative to one of our entrée options that was more autumnal for a citrus glazed rockfish. I made no other changes to the menu she came up with! My parents came with my husband and I to our tasting and were extremely impressed. Everything was professionally presented and tasted delicious. It was hard to imagine that the food would taste just as good on the day of the wedding, but to our delight we think it tasted EVEN BETTER! They prepare everything on-site so it is freshly cooked! I can't tell you how many raving compliments I've received about all of the food -- the hors d'oeuvres (veggie quesadilla, mini crab cake, burger & fry slider, deviled egg, brie tartlets), entrees (rockfish and beef short rib -- to die for), and desserts (creme brûlée and champagne fruit coupe). I was getting quite hungry after hours of photos and no food, and was so happy to see that a server had set aside appetizers for us and brought plates full of food when we finished our salads. We didn't get to eat all of our food at the reception, but they boxed up both entrees for us to take home! I seriously hope I get to plan another event so I can hire Rouge as the caterer -- the quality is excellent and people are so wonderful to work with. Thank you Rouge!!!!

Rouge Fine Catering 10
    Rouge Fine Catering 11
    Rouge Fine Catering 12
    Rouge Fine Catering 13

Karuna · Married on 06/16/2018

We loved working with Rouge! The food was fantastic, the service was excellent, and it was a pleasure working with Kate to get every last detail perfect. We wanted cocktail-style stations and found that not many caterers offered this option, but Rouge had many creative ways to serve food and we were able to get exactly what we wanted. Highly recommend working with them!

Sam · Married on 06/16/2018

We hired Rouge based solely on the reviews that we read and the things that we heard about them and we are so glad that we did! From the outset, they really took the time to understand what we were looking for and worked hard to create the perfect menu that suited our taste as a couple. We first experienced Rouge's food at our tasting and we were blown away! While all of the food was amazing, there were some small tweaks we wanted made to the food and they delivered. Everything was absolutely perfect on our wedding day. Beyond just the food, Rouge went above and beyond to make sure that every detail was taken care of. It was really important to us to actually enjoy the food on our wedding day and Rouge made sure to set aside a plate of all of the appetizers for me and my husband to enjoy. Throughout our reception, multiple staff members checked in with me and my husband to make sure we had everything that we needed. They really did everything to make sure that our night was exactly what we wanted -- and it was! I cannot say enough good things about Rouge and would highly recommend working with them.