Rouge Fine Catering Reviews

273 | Hunt Valley, MD

273 Reviews for Rouge Fine Catering

273 Rouge Fine Catering Reviews

Lauren · Getting married on 05/26/2019

Rogue provided the catering for our wedding. The team was very helpful in all of the planning and helped us choose the perfect menu. All of the food was delicious. Would definitely recommend for any event.

Kim · Getting married on 05/15/2019

Was a guest at one of the wedding's you catered. The food was excellent. If you were closer to Richmond. I would hire your company for my daughter's wedding this year. Everyone who can take advantage of being able to use your company. I would highly recommend them.

Laura · Married on 10/12/2018

We had our wedding catered by rouge and the food was AMAZING! They were professional and responsive to all our requests. We did the tasting and loved everything that we chose. They did the walk through with us and helped us decide where to put tables and which colors were best. They were on time and very helpful the day of the wedding. The bartenders were fast and friendly and everything went so smooth. Niki and Eli helped throughout our planning process. My wedding planner said that they were helpful during setup as well. All my guests raved over the food.

My only negative comment would be that there was some miscommunication between them and the venue owners, but I would still recommend Rouge as the food was amazing!

• Kacy

Kacy C · Married on 10/12/2018

Fall Baltimore Wedding

Love Rouge. The food was amazing. Loved the appetizers and glad we went with the plated dinner option. They were so professional and checked up on me often throughout the night making sure I didn’t need anything. We heard from many guests that the bartenders were fast and skilled. And we had a lot of drinkers keeping them busy :). Marae was awesome and made us feel at ease.

Ashley · Married on 10/06/2018

Was not able to hire them as they were fully booked for my date, but they were very responsive and quick to communicate their availability. Thanks!

Caroline · Married on 09/22/2018

We highly recommend working with Rouge Catering!

Rouge did a fantastic job catering my wedding in September! The team at Rouge was wonderful to work with and enthusiastically helped us make several customizations to our menu. Along with many appetizers during cocktail hour, Rouge catered family style side dishes to go with the entrees our guests preselected. For our fish entrée, they worked with a recipe we provided to them and did a fantastic job recreating one of our favorite seafood entrees. They also offered “his” and “hers” cocktails that my husband and I picked out which were a huge hit! All of our guests are still talking about how delicious and perfectly cooked all of the food was. The Rouge catering team was also very thoughtful throughout the wedding day – the staff realized my groom and I were super busy during cocktail hour and made a plate of appetizers for us to enjoy at the sit-down dinner. They even packed up a “picnic” with samples of all of the food we had catered that night to enjoy in our honeymoon suite. We would highly recommend working with Rouge for any event!

Lexi · Married on 09/15/2018

We had a great experience from start to finish. The food was fantastic and the customer service from Kate and Marae were wonderful. Marae was at the wedding until the end, making sure that everything went as planned. We have been receiving compliments about the food since the day of our wedding 2 weeks ago. The food selections were vast, and you can tailor it as you’d like, and ultimately exceeded all of our expectations. Thank you!!

• Emily

Emily · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing food and service

Even though we just so happened to get Rouge as our wedding caterer because of the wedding venue we wanted, they helped solidify our decision to select the Woodlawn and Pope Leighey House for our ceremony and reception. Rouge is the dedicated caterer for Woodlawn, and we first tasted Rouge's food at one of the venue's open houses. We instantly knew they would provide excellent service and delicious food for our family and friends. A few months prior to our wedding date, we had a full tasting to make sure we would be happy with every each menu item. On the day of, Maykayla and the rest of the Rouge staff made sure everything was set up perfectly for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. They kept to our schedule perfectly for dinner and dessert. I heard only positive things from our guests regarding their interactions with the servers and bartenders. Food seems to be one thing that people are quick to criticize at weddings, but our guests raved about their meals. All of the food was cooked on site and came out fresh. Rouge helped make our wedding day so memorable!

Ali · Married on 09/08/2018

We had the very best catering experience with Rouge! Our event rep, Maykayla, was easy to work with, quick to respond, answered all of our questions and helped us make the ver best decisions for our wedding. When we began communicating with Rouge, we were working with a different consultant, so when we arrived for our first tasting there had been a few changes to the menu that were not reflected in the dishes we tasted. Without hesitation, Maykayla offered to have us back for a second complimentary tasting to try our remaining items. It was this (plus the OUT OF THIS WORLD food) that really sold us on using them for our wedding. It was incredibly smooth sailing with them since that first meeting - we were able to make easy changes, add items, take things away, etc. without any issues. We ended up with a much smaller guest count than we originally expected, and Rouge did everything they could to ensure that we would still get the most value out of our day. Most importantly, the food on our wedding day was unreal. Of all of the nice things people have said about our event, the number 1 thing we have heard was how incredible our food was. Service was on point, the portions were huge and delicious, and everything was served hot. They were even kind enough to bring my husband and I a platter of hors d'voures and drinks and packaged up desserts and extra entrees and put them in the fridge in our Inn (we stayed onsite at our venue) while the reception was still going on. We would absolutely recommend them!!!

Stanley · Married on 09/01/2018

TL;DR: Book without hesitation.

It was really wonderful working with Rouge, from start to finish. Our venue had a limited list of approved caterers and we are very glad that Rouge was one of them.They are worth 10 out of 5 stars.

We primarily worked with Jackie, who was in charge of our event who was outstanding. She was very quick to respond to emails and easy to communicate with. We had a 200+ person wedding with inclement weather which was NOT easy. I can tell she did a TON behind the scenes and cannot thank her enough. Our cocktail hour had to be moved last second from due to thunderstorms starting 5 minutes after our ceremony and the change was executed flawlessly.

Food - amazing. Guests raved about the food all night and after the wedding. Very extensive options, you could have pretty much anything you can imagine. They cook their food on site which is unheard of. We made multiple changes to our menu without any problems, and they even were able to accommodate a couple of custom requests for us (we provided them with a couple of family recipes for cocktail hour). Service was excellent.

Pricing - great price especially for the quality. Included gratuity. We had a signing incentive of a free flavored water station on booking which was nice. The steal of the wedding, however, was the open bar - $9 per person which I still cannot believe, although I can imagine it cannot stay this low for long (especially given hour much our friends took advantage of it!!). The only kind of annoying thing was that there was no online portal for payment so we had to mail our checks in - made me uncomfortable to have that much money in the mail, even with tracking.

Extras - The rental came with utensils and china, though we did need to rent linens, though this was also contracted and coordinated through Rouge, which made it very convenient.

Lindsay · Married on 08/04/2018

ROUGE Catering is fantastic! We used their catering services for my wedding, and I couldn’t have been more pleased. Niki, our coordinator, was so helpful and responsive. She helped my family and I design a beautiful menu, which everyone enjoyed. We did a cocktail hour with 5 buttered hor d’ouerves and a stationery app. All guests started off with a salad and bread. We then had a plated meal (your choice of filet mignon, rockfish, or veg). For dessert we had a dessert bar with 5 mini desserts as well as an ice cream sundae bar, which was a huge hit! We would hire ROUGE again in a heartbeat. They were seriously so easy to work with.

Lauren · Married on 07/07/2018

I contacted Rouge after I had gone to a wedding they had catered and the food was delicious. I had reached out to several caterers and found Rouge to be extremely responsive and open to different menu options. My husband is Indian and they were able to encorporate several Indian appetizers and a main entree. They even alllowed us to customize some of options. We worked with Maykayla who was great! She was very accommodating for our tasting even when my husband showed up embarrassingly late. We loved the food at our tasting and they were able to make the very small changes we had asked for. They were very familiar with our venue, The Carnegie, and were even helpful to the other vendors who hadn’t worked there before! The day of Maykayla brought over 2 of each appetizer the second we entered cocktail hour so we were able to try everything. The food was equally a good on the actual day, and my only regret was that I didn’t get to have our dessert which were one of the highlights of the tasting since we were busy on the dance floor :). Maykayla was very attentive to us the entire night, asking if we needed anything. They also did a great job setting up our late night snacks that we had brought in. Our guests had nothing but positive things to say about the food, some even asking for seconds! I would definitely recommend Rouge.

• Felicia

Felicia · Married on 06/16/2018

Wedding Date: 06/16/2018:
    Maykayla and the Rouge Fine Catering staff were nothing less than superb. Doing everything in their power to bring our menu to life. The multiple tastings to make sure everything met our standards was done with ease. The day of the wedding from the cocktail hour to the reception was nothing but pure excellence. We wish we were still there enjoying our custom made menu. Recommend Rouge Fine Catering to anyone looking for a true Full Service catering company,

Mr. and Mrs. Michael James

Morgan · Married on 06/16/2018

Not only is the food absolute perfection - from presentation and display to taste - but the staff is absolutely incredible! Our co-event managers, Niki and Jordan, were so helpful and responsive before the event and Niki made sure to execute our wedding day to perfection. I can not thank the Rouge team for making the best day of my life even better!

Dana · Married on 06/16/2018

I knew that I wanted Rouge to be my caterer before even trying their food, based off their reputation within my community and the amazing reviews I'd seen here on WW. I can tell you they met and exceeded my every expectation.

We worked with Lauren Bowyer towards the beginning of our engagement/booking and then had the pleasure of working with Marae Thurlow from our tasting onward. Both very professional and knowledgeable -- always responsive, even when I went back and forth a little on some decisions.

Upon initial inquiry, Lauren sent me a sample menu based off my preferences. At that time we were thinking autumn wedding, so when we changed our date to June, Lauren offered an alternative to one of our entrée options that was more autumnal for a citrus glazed rockfish. I made no other changes to the menu she came up with! My parents came with my husband and I to our tasting and were extremely impressed. Everything was professionally presented and tasted delicious. It was hard to imagine that the food would taste just as good on the day of the wedding, but to our delight we think it tasted EVEN BETTER! They prepare everything on-site so it is freshly cooked! I can't tell you how many raving compliments I've received about all of the food -- the hors d'oeuvres (veggie quesadilla, mini crab cake, burger & fry slider, deviled egg, brie tartlets), entrees (rockfish and beef short rib -- to die for), and desserts (creme brûlée and champagne fruit coupe). I was getting quite hungry after hours of photos and no food, and was so happy to see that a server had set aside appetizers for us and brought plates full of food when we finished our salads. We didn't get to eat all of our food at the reception, but they boxed up both entrees for us to take home! I seriously hope I get to plan another event so I can hire Rouge as the caterer -- the quality is excellent and people are so wonderful to work with. Thank you Rouge!!!!

Rouge Fine Catering 1
    Rouge Fine Catering 2
    Rouge Fine Catering 3
    Rouge Fine Catering 4

Karuna · Married on 06/16/2018

We loved working with Rouge! The food was fantastic, the service was excellent, and it was a pleasure working with Kate to get every last detail perfect. We wanted cocktail-style stations and found that not many caterers offered this option, but Rouge had many creative ways to serve food and we were able to get exactly what we wanted. Highly recommend working with them!

Sam · Married on 06/16/2018

We hired Rouge based solely on the reviews that we read and the things that we heard about them and we are so glad that we did! From the outset, they really took the time to understand what we were looking for and worked hard to create the perfect menu that suited our taste as a couple. We first experienced Rouge's food at our tasting and we were blown away! While all of the food was amazing, there were some small tweaks we wanted made to the food and they delivered. Everything was absolutely perfect on our wedding day. Beyond just the food, Rouge went above and beyond to make sure that every detail was taken care of. It was really important to us to actually enjoy the food on our wedding day and Rouge made sure to set aside a plate of all of the appetizers for me and my husband to enjoy. Throughout our reception, multiple staff members checked in with me and my husband to make sure we had everything that we needed. They really did everything to make sure that our night was exactly what we wanted -- and it was! I cannot say enough good things about Rouge and would highly recommend working with them.

Robert · Married on 06/16/2018

My son and daughter-in -law were just married at the American Visionary Art Museum.
    The entire event was wonderful - a huge part of the experience came from the food and wait staff provided by Rouge Fine Catering!
    The staff was extremely accomodating, pleasant and professional.
    Although the event was set up buffet style, my Mother was served her meal at her seat as the staff noticed her difficulty with walking.
    The food was AMAZING! Appetizers of mini cheese burger sliders, deviled eggs and Crabcake. A main course of Fresh Rockfish, Short Ribs, Potatoes and Asparagus. Several increadible desserts! All of the food rivaled in quality to a very fine restaurant dinning experience. Hands down - the best food I have ever eaten at a wedding. Several guest commented to me about the increadible food and the great staff as well.
    I would highly recommend Rouge Fine Catering for any special event! You will not be disappointed.

Katie · Married on 06/09/2018

We used Rouge Catering for our wedding last weekend and are so happy that we did! I got quotes from over a dozen caterers in DC/NoVA/MD and Rouge was by far the most affordable considering everything that you get for the price and the excellent quality of the food. Kate Rehnstrom was our event coordinator and she could not have been more accommodating in working with us leading up to our wedding and on the day of our event. Our guests raved about the passed hors d'oeuvres (including crab cakes, lamb chops, chicken and waffles, coconut shrimp and watermelon feta skewers) as well as the plated meals (short ribs, maryland rockfish, and eggplant). We even had a dessert bar to go along with our wedding cake that included mini doughnuts and fruit tarts, which the Rouge staff set up beautifully. We added the full open bar package because it was such an incredible deal with the low price per guest, and even had a champagne toast and signature drink (a Moscow Mule). Kate was so accommodating with ALL of my last minute changes. She worked with me because I wanted copper mugs for my guests for the Mules, and even helped us add a rosé to the wine list at the last second that I really wanted (our wedding was on National Rosé Day). On the day of the wedding there was a huge staff attending to our guests' every need and everything went off without a hitch. If you are looking for an elegant and delicious full service caterer at an extremely reasonable price in the DC Metro area, I would 100% recommend taking a look at Rouge.

Rouge Fine Catering 5

Laura · Married on 05/05/2018

My husband and I were recently married this past weekend at a historic mansion in MD. Niki from Rouge provided attentive, superb service throughout the preparation phases, food testing, and when I asked for a gluten free menu for allergy reasons, she kindly and promptly created one that was wonderful! We've heard rave reviews from our guests--the salmon was excellent, and the wine amazing. Thanks so much for making our wedding evening memorable!

Kathryn · Married on 04/27/2018

I just used Rouge Catering for my wedding on 4/27/18. At first glance I did think they were over priced, however after looking at other vendors I realized that they are the absolute best value. Not only the best value but honestly the best service and quality of food. They are so professional and make you look so good at your wedding! I would 100% use them at other events.

• Jess

Jess · Married on 04/20/2018

I cannot say enough great things about Rouge! Their food is amazing, the service is flawless, and they are so easy to work with. From our first meeting with Lauren she made us feel at ease and answered any and all questions we had. We were able to pick our perfect menu and even customized our beer and wine selections to include our favorites. As the day got closer she helped us nail down final details (linens, table layouts, etc.) ensuring nothing was missed. The day of the wedding everything was flawless and our guests raved about the food. The staff also made sure my husband and I were attended to and sent us home with a meal for later in the night. I've been a guest at weddings Rouge has catered and now used them at my own wedding and I cannot recommend them more!

• Z

Zoe · Married on 02/24/2018

I hired Rouge to do the catering at my wedding, and they did an incredible job. It's not easy to serve super high quality food for 150+ people that's both delicious and beautiful, and Rouge went above and beyond. I worked with Lauren Bowyer, and she was extremely responsive via email and flexible with all of my changes and requirements for dietary restrictions. She was a dream on the day of the wedding as well, and really made sure everything was going smoothly. I can't recommend Rouge highly enough.

Katelyn · Married on 01/20/2018

There are not enough descriptive words in the universe to fully explain Rouge. What a dream come true! When we began the process of searching for a caterer, we knew we wanted to explore options with them because we’d previously had their delicious food. Initially, I was concerned because the first meeting can be a little pushy- very interested in making sure you want to work with them. The food was life-changing, as we expected. It truly made sense why they were so confident in their ability to provide such an amazing experience- they have earned that confidence! We did not make our decision right away but we’re still able to get everything we wanted and needed to make the perfect menu. From there, Lauren and team only continued to exceed our expectations. When I arrived at the venue, Lauren already had everyone in order, setting up, moving chairs, organizing and always had a smile on her face. She was attentive to my husband and myself, our parents and anything she could do to make our day easy, she did. Rouge will treat you and your guests like royalty! No one went hungry, no one missed a bite and even our gluten free guests had an option just as tasty as the gluten-heavy meal I picked. I really can’t expect to ever top this experience. Rouge deserves every accolade, honor, 5-star review and all of my thanks and appreciation. I worship the ground they walk on and will be taking my mom to lunch there sometime soon!