Rouge Fine Catering Reviews

Rouge Fine Catering 6
Rouge Fine Catering 7
  • Marilyn

Marilyn Procaccini · Married on 07/13/2019

Catering - simply the best and outstanding wedding

This is absolutely the best catering company I have ever experienced. When we started our wedding planning I researched 12 companies and interviewed five of them. Rouge spent an hour on the phone with me during my first conversation and made me feel I was their most important customer that day. Within three hours I had a proposal in hand that reflected everything we discussed. No other company did this or gave me this amount of time. They also cook on site in a mobile kitchen a key differentiator for us and the day of the event July 13, 2019 the food was exceptional. I made numerous requests and changes throughout the 16 months process and Amanda Trojnar our catering Manager was superior, responsive, helpful, caring and just awesome. Everything we wanted - we got. We had an awesome bar, incredible appetizers ( scallops, sliders, chicken and waffles and 6 more). We had an ice cream sundae bar to die for! Our guests were amazed. The service the staff and Amanda the day of the event were just top notch. Our chef was superior from our tasting to the day of the event! The filet mignon and crab cakes beats a Morton’s- it was that good! Many people said best they ever had! I can’t say enough good things about Amanda and her team throughout the process but our wedding day - flawless! I think Rouge is the best in the business and the team we had at our wedding - well they deserve a raise they are sooooo good! Thank you for making our wedding perfect! You could not hire a better catering company or find a better team to work your event!

Sent on 07/17/2019
    Rouge Fine Catering 8
    Rouge Fine Catering 9
    Rouge Fine Catering 10
  • Brooke

Brooke Hirsch · Married on 07/13/2019

Wedding Weekend Highlight

Rouge catering made our entire weekend wonderful! They catered both our rehearsal dinner and wedding and we received so many comments on the excellent food- even many saying it was better than many restaurants they had eaten at! We could not have asked for better food or a better group to work with :)

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Dalia

Dalia Varela · Married on 07/05/2019

Friggin amazing

The staff at Rouge, specifically Amanda and Abby, were super responsive and amazing. They were super helpful with our wedding planning process and let us make adjustments to our menu along the way.

The food was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All of our guests were super happy with it and we got so many compliments on the menu. My husband is gluten free and Amanda was sure to provide us with a menu that accommodated his food restrictions.

Sent on 07/16/2019

Lindsay Ryan · Married on 06/01/2019

A great company with great food and professsionalism while being fun to work with

They are professional and experienced. They knew our venue and were very comfortable working there. The food was delicious, and the process of working with them was enjoyable. Nadja was great, helping us before and during the day to keep us on track. There were nice touches like making sure we as the couple got appetizers and boxing up some and cake to go. The service day-of was great, too. We couldn't have asked for anything more. As with any caterer, make sure you have a good handle on your guest count. We initially thought our count would be much higher; it still ended up being a good value. The ability to provide our own alcohol was greatly appreciated for cost and taste reasons.

Sent on 06/14/2019

Lauren · Married on 05/26/2019

Rogue provided the catering for our wedding. The team was very helpful in all of the planning and helped us choose the perfect menu. All of the food was delicious. Would definitely recommend for any event.

Sent on 07/08/2018

Kim · Married on 05/15/2019

Was a guest at one of the wedding's you catered. The food was excellent. If you were closer to Richmond. I would hire your company for my daughter's wedding this year. Everyone who can take advantage of being able to use your company. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 10/01/2018

Caitlin · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing Catering!

Rouge provided exceptional service and delicious food for our wedding on 5/11/19. Working with Jacqueline made the whole catering process of wedding planning so easy. She was always prompt with replying to any questions I had, and worked with me to have our dream wedding while staying within our budget. All of the food at our wedding was incredible, and we had so many family and friends telling us how impressed they were with Rouge's service and how delicious everything was. I would highly recommend Rouge Fine Catering to any bride and groom!

Sent on 06/07/2019
  • Claire

Claire Furness · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing wedding food!!

Rouge has an amazing selection of food - I would say the hardest part of using them is selecting from their enormous menu because everything is great! The food was amazing and Rouge was great to work with from the initial set up to the tasting to the final walk through. I highly recommend them for caterers, I got a ton of compliments on our meal!

Sent on 05/14/2019
  • Kendall

Kendall · Married on 01/19/2019

The best experience!

Celeste, Amanda, Nikki, and Kyla did a phenomenal job coordinating the food and drinks for our wedding day! Rouge created custom passed appetizers to reflect our Maryland (Groom) and Nevada/California (Bride) upbringings and had no issue changing the plated meals several times to accommodate cost cuts - we finally landed on crab cakes, beef short ribs, and vegetarian penne vodka pasta and ALL WERE PERFECT! They do not skimp on portions- the crab cakes were softball size! And I have no idea how they do it but the food looked and tasted the same (super high quality!) as it did in the makeshift museum kitchen (which we never saw) as it did during the tasting at their hunt valley kitchen. We also had Rouge man an open bar (they provided the alcohol) for a very reasonable price.
    Rouge executed a phenomenal plan for all the table and linen arrangements - including last minute add-ons for a children’s area.
    I (the Bride) became extremely ill the day of the wedding and was not able to keep anything down. I would like to personally thank Celeste, Kyla, and the catering team, for providing me with a “bland meal” completely off menu they created personally for me. I was devastated that I couldn’t eat any of the food that I was SO SO SO looking forward to, but they packed up some left over meals that I have since eaten and we’re superb even a day or 2 later!
    I whole heartily recommend Rouge to any couple looking for the perfect food/beverage/table+linen option on their wedding day!

Sent on 02/02/2019

Nora · Married on 12/08/2018

Truly more than just a caterer!

We began our experience with Rouge with a friend who worked as an event coordinator at the time. She was amazing and incredibly helpful throughout the year of wedding planning, answering questions whenever I had them and giving me suggestions for other vendors or things to think of (that I never would have without her help). About a month out from our big day, that friend took a position with another company and, although I was incredibly happy for her, I was a bit nervous about not having her with us on the day of as she knew the ins and outs of our plans. Enter Celeste! Celeste quickly studied and familiarized herself with our plans and made some fantastic floor plan/decor suggestions. I was able to drop off ALL of my decorative items (including 72 vases and candles for the centerpieces) and they transported everything and made sure it got to where it was supposed to be on the big day. Celeste and her staff checked on us throughout the night making sure we ate when we wanted and had a drink at all times. I could not say better things about Rouge--their food is so impressive and beautiful and their full service menu is HUGE. I HIGHLY recommend Rouge as a caterer, they really are more than just that, they help you plan your event and give you peace of mind that it will all come together in the end. Our wedding day was perfect and we cannot thank Rouge and everyone who helped enough.

Sent on 12/17/2018
  • Jenny

Jenny · Married on 11/17/2018

100% PERFECT!!!!!!

We were sold on ROUGE after we completed the taste testing for our wedding day. We literally signed as we were finishing our plates! First off, the responsiveness was always so darn fast as of course I had a million questions. The communication remained like this for the entire time that we were planning. Secondly, the price was more than reasonable for an open bar, cake, desserts, main entrees, and a cocktail hour. Thirdly, our guests (and ourselves) were completely amazed at our wedding. The food was sooooooooooooo yummy and there was plenty of it. The staff were awesome, bartenders were awesome, and there literally is not one complaint. A very elegant company that will certainly bring the “wow” factor. A special thanks to Nadja for making it all come together! She was a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 11/24/2018

Sarah · Married on 11/17/2018

Amazing Caterer! Highly Recommend!

We used Rouge for our wedding and could not have been happier with our choice! They are truly an exceptional caterer! We had countless people tell us that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding - from the appetizers to the desert, everything was phenomenal! We worked with Jordan and Amanda and they were both amazing! They were very responsive, helpful, and extremely easy to work with. I can't say enough about how amazing the staff, service, and food was. One thing we loved was they had a tray of appetizers and drinks waiting for us when we arrived (we didn't want to join cocktail hour), and also had to go containers with our dinners since we didn't get to finish them. Some of our favorites was the rib-eye steak (one of our main entrees), the bacon wrapped scallops (app), and the chicken tacos (app). Can't express how amazing they were to work with - thank you Rouge especially Amanda and team!!! Couldn't recommend more!!!

Sent on 11/27/2018
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 11/03/2018

All around perfect

Rouge was an integral part of making our wedding such a big success. We worked with Nadja, who was awesome. She helped us make sure everything went smoothly with the guests and helped make sure everything was perfect for my husband and I as well. We received compliments from almost everyone about the quality of the food. Definitely recommend Rouge Fine Catering!

Sent on 11/15/2018
  • Peggy

Peggy T · Married on 11/03/2018

Rouge Reasons!

Our daughter’s wedding was in November at the Naval Academy with a reception to follow at the Annapolis Maritime Museum. We had two beautiful locations and needed to find the perfect caterer! A friend recommended Rouge Fine Catering and after hearing her rave about the food and seeing pictures of how perfect they made it all look... seemed to be an easy choice. We contacted them and sometimes I think Sarah M our contact person was answering my questions before I finished writing the email! They helped us pick the right menu for our guests and gave great suggestions. We had a raw bar along with other appetizers for cocktail hour and it was amazing! The museum is on old oyster canning facility and it fit perfectly. Our guests couldn’t stop telling us how much they loved that! The food was awesome, the service was professional and they had it all taken care of. When you hire the right people and trust them.... makes your day go well! They helped with rentals and the cake as well and we stayed within our budget. Would highly recommend them and I give an extra huge shout out to Sarah M for all she did!

Sent on 01/03/2019
    Rouge Fine Catering 11
    Rouge Fine Catering 12
  • AJ

AJ · Married on 10/19/2018

Great experience working with Rouge!

Rouge provided wonderful catering services for our Fall 2018 wedding! The food was fantastic and our wedding guests especially loved the appetizers and mini dessert pies! I still think about and crave their lemon blueberry, smores, and pumpkin pies frequently! Celeste was very kind, understanding, and dedicated in organizing our cocktail hour and reception. She made sure to personally address all of our concerns while coordinating with her staff to ensure our wedding day went smoothly. On the day of our wedding, the staff was very attentive to our guests and provided exceptional service. Thank you Rouge!

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing food

Wow! That is the best way to describe the food we had at our reception. The table setting was also beautiful! Over 5 weeks later and I'm still hearing rave reviews about everything. Everyone has said it's the best wedding food they have ever had! That says a lot considering our venue doesn't even have a kitchen! The appetizers, the meal, the desserts, the service, everything was amazing! The raw bar was an absolute hit with everyone! The presentation matched the taste, as well. To quote a guest, "Everything I ate was better than the last. There wasn't a single item I didn't try and it was all amazing!"

Sent on 11/19/2018

Laura · Married on 10/12/2018

We had our wedding catered by rouge and the food was AMAZING! They were professional and responsive to all our requests. We did the tasting and loved everything that we chose. They did the walk through with us and helped us decide where to put tables and which colors were best. They were on time and very helpful the day of the wedding. The bartenders were fast and friendly and everything went so smooth. Niki and Eli helped throughout our planning process. My wedding planner said that they were helpful during setup as well. All my guests raved over the food.

My only negative comment would be that there was some miscommunication between them and the venue owners, but I would still recommend Rouge as the food was amazing!

Sent on 10/13/2018
  • Kacy

Kacy C · Married on 10/12/2018

Fall Baltimore Wedding

Love Rouge. The food was amazing. Loved the appetizers and glad we went with the plated dinner option. They were so professional and checked up on me often throughout the night making sure I didn’t need anything. We heard from many guests that the bartenders were fast and skilled. And we had a lot of drinkers keeping them busy :). Marae was awesome and made us feel at ease.

Sent on 10/18/2018

Ashley · Married on 10/06/2018

Was not able to hire them as they were fully booked for my date, but they were very responsive and quick to communicate their availability. Thanks!

Sent on 02/06/2018

Caroline · Married on 09/22/2018

We highly recommend working with Rouge Catering!

Rouge did a fantastic job catering my wedding in September! The team at Rouge was wonderful to work with and enthusiastically helped us make several customizations to our menu. Along with many appetizers during cocktail hour, Rouge catered family style side dishes to go with the entrees our guests preselected. For our fish entrée, they worked with a recipe we provided to them and did a fantastic job recreating one of our favorite seafood entrees. They also offered “his” and “hers” cocktails that my husband and I picked out which were a huge hit! All of our guests are still talking about how delicious and perfectly cooked all of the food was. The Rouge catering team was also very thoughtful throughout the wedding day – the staff realized my groom and I were super busy during cocktail hour and made a plate of appetizers for us to enjoy at the sit-down dinner. They even packed up a “picnic” with samples of all of the food we had catered that night to enjoy in our honeymoon suite. We would highly recommend working with Rouge for any event!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Lexi · Married on 09/15/2018

We had a great experience from start to finish. The food was fantastic and the customer service from Kate and Marae were wonderful. Marae was at the wedding until the end, making sure that everything went as planned. We have been receiving compliments about the food since the day of our wedding 2 weeks ago. The food selections were vast, and you can tailor it as you’d like, and ultimately exceeded all of our expectations. Thank you!!

Sent on 09/30/2018
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing food and service

Even though we just so happened to get Rouge as our wedding caterer because of the wedding venue we wanted, they helped solidify our decision to select the Woodlawn and Pope Leighey House for our ceremony and reception. Rouge is the dedicated caterer for Woodlawn, and we first tasted Rouge's food at one of the venue's open houses. We instantly knew they would provide excellent service and delicious food for our family and friends. A few months prior to our wedding date, we had a full tasting to make sure we would be happy with every each menu item. On the day of, Maykayla and the rest of the Rouge staff made sure everything was set up perfectly for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. They kept to our schedule perfectly for dinner and dessert. I heard only positive things from our guests regarding their interactions with the servers and bartenders. Food seems to be one thing that people are quick to criticize at weddings, but our guests raved about their meals. All of the food was cooked on site and came out fresh. Rouge helped make our wedding day so memorable!

Sent on 11/04/2018

Ali · Married on 09/08/2018

We had the very best catering experience with Rouge! Our event rep, Maykayla, was easy to work with, quick to respond, answered all of our questions and helped us make the ver best decisions for our wedding. When we began communicating with Rouge, we were working with a different consultant, so when we arrived for our first tasting there had been a few changes to the menu that were not reflected in the dishes we tasted. Without hesitation, Maykayla offered to have us back for a second complimentary tasting to try our remaining items. It was this (plus the OUT OF THIS WORLD food) that really sold us on using them for our wedding. It was incredibly smooth sailing with them since that first meeting - we were able to make easy changes, add items, take things away, etc. without any issues. We ended up with a much smaller guest count than we originally expected, and Rouge did everything they could to ensure that we would still get the most value out of our day. Most importantly, the food on our wedding day was unreal. Of all of the nice things people have said about our event, the number 1 thing we have heard was how incredible our food was. Service was on point, the portions were huge and delicious, and everything was served hot. They were even kind enough to bring my husband and I a platter of hors d'voures and drinks and packaged up desserts and extra entrees and put them in the fridge in our Inn (we stayed onsite at our venue) while the reception was still going on. We would absolutely recommend them!!!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Stanley · Married on 09/01/2018

TL;DR: Book without hesitation.

It was really wonderful working with Rouge, from start to finish. Our venue had a limited list of approved caterers and we are very glad that Rouge was one of them.They are worth 10 out of 5 stars.

We primarily worked with Jackie, who was in charge of our event who was outstanding. She was very quick to respond to emails and easy to communicate with. We had a 200+ person wedding with inclement weather which was NOT easy. I can tell she did a TON behind the scenes and cannot thank her enough. Our cocktail hour had to be moved last second from due to thunderstorms starting 5 minutes after our ceremony and the change was executed flawlessly.

Food - amazing. Guests raved about the food all night and after the wedding. Very extensive options, you could have pretty much anything you can imagine. They cook their food on site which is unheard of. We made multiple changes to our menu without any problems, and they even were able to accommodate a couple of custom requests for us (we provided them with a couple of family recipes for cocktail hour). Service was excellent.

Pricing - great price especially for the quality. Included gratuity. We had a signing incentive of a free flavored water station on booking which was nice. The steal of the wedding, however, was the open bar - $9 per person which I still cannot believe, although I can imagine it cannot stay this low for long (especially given hour much our friends took advantage of it!!). The only kind of annoying thing was that there was no online portal for payment so we had to mail our checks in - made me uncomfortable to have that much money in the mail, even with tracking.

Extras - The rental came with utensils and china, though we did need to rent linens, though this was also contracted and coordinated through Rouge, which made it very convenient.

Sent on 09/08/2018