Rouge Fine Catering Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

Bethany B. Married on 06/18/2022

Fantastic experience

The food was incredible, service awesome and working with Marija was a very pleasurable experience. We got so many positive comments from our guests on the quality of the food. We always felt in very good hands with Rouge!
    Jess K. Married on 05/21/2022

Your need to go with Rouge Catering!

Amanda and her team managed our 200 person, at home wedding this past weekend and were wonderful from start to finish! The food was absolutely amazing- we're traditional Marylander's and had lots of seafood options for cocktail hour (raw oysters, ahi tuna, cocktail shrimp, crab tarts, scallops and coconut shrimp) everything was great! Followed by filet or rockfish for dinner- all of our guests raved about the food. They also devoured the milk and cookie bar- many guests told me they went back for 2nds and 3rds. The bartenders and servers had exceptional customer service (and on a 95 degree day)- my husband and I are retired bartenders and have high expectations in this department, they exceeded them by far! Do yourself a favor and call Rouge for your next big event, you will not be disappointed!
    Luci S. Married on 05/13/2022

Wonderful!

Marija and her team were true professionals, very accommodating and the food was absolutely fantastic! People could not stop raving about how delicious everything was. They may be a little pricey, but you get what you pay for, and with Rouge Catering, you get fabulous!
    2022 B. Married on 05/07/2022

Everything was flawless!

5/5 quality, service, professionalism, attention to detail. So glad to have them handling all aspects of our catering. They coordinated perfectly with our venue and our day was a breeze. Thank you!!
    Sarah Married on 04/30/2022

Great experience with Rouge

We were so happy with our wedding catering with Rouge! Celeste and Amanda were very friendly and easy to work with. They helped us find a menu that was within our budget. The food was delicious and all of the service was excellent. They also handled our cookie table and it turned out beautifully. We received lots of positive comments on the food from our guests! We highly recommend them and would hire them to do another event without hesitation.
    Taylor S. Married on 04/23/2022

Wedding Day

Rouge is awesome! They were so easy to work with and went above and beyond what we asked and expected of them. So many guests said how great the food was, especially the short rib and mashed potatoes served in a whiskey glass!
  • Casey
    Casey T. Married on 04/02/2022

Wonderful!

Marija and Rouge helped us have the wedding of our dreams!!! They helped us with every little question and put all our fears aside when we felt like we didn’t know what we were doing. The day could not have gone more perfect thanks to them. Get the old bay pretzel cups as an app!!!!
  • Morgan
    Morgan C. Married on 03/12/2022

Rouge is the best!

Rouge was one of my favorite vendors for our wedding day! They were the one vendor that caused me almost no stress! We planned a Baltimore wedding from Texas and Rouge was very accommodating with us! They were able to get us a tasting while we were in town for the holidays and I am so glad we did a tasting because the food was amazing! After the tasting they gave us a coordinator, Marija, and she was AMAZING! Her and I were in constant contact pretty much every day, multiple times a day until the wedding. When I was not able to attend the venue final walk through due to us being in Texas, Marija and our wedding planner attended on our behalf and facetimed us when they got there which was very helpful! Marija helped with all the last minute details, almost as much as our wedding planner. She helped with our tables and seating chart to helping us select linens, tables, napkins and more and they turned out exactly how I wanted them. The staff the day of was very accommodating and I had many guests say how nice the staff was! They were very timely when passing out drinks, hors d’oeuvres and the meals. I was worried about having one bar for 120 guests but there was a very little line the whole night! My husband and I were worried we wouldn’t have time with pictures to eat the delicious hors d’oeuvre and we were able to grab a few here and there because the staff made sure they came around to us, which was very nice! Not only did they make sure we got some, when we sat down at our sweetheart table, they had a whole tray of 2 of each of the hors d’oeuvres for us! One of the main things I wanted since we were having a Maryland wedding was a menu that was tailored to encompass the delicious food that you find in Maryland. The menu we had to chose from was great, we had hors d’oeuvres that were from seafood to old bay cheese sauce for the pretzel bites and it added to the wedding! Our main menu options were the classic crab cakes and the Maryland sweet and spiced chicken and guests could not get over how great the food was! To top it off, a majority of their menu items are gluten free which was very easy to navigate for any guests that had food allergies! At the end of the night, they even packed up some left over food and cake for my husband and I to enjoy after which was great because we didn’t have time to eat additional cake besides when we cut the cake so the fact that we were able to enjoy a slice of each layer of our cake after the wedding was amazing! I cannot say enough good things about Rouge and everything they did for us on our wedding day! Catering is such a big part of your wedding budget and Rouge was very affordable and the quality of the food and service was top notch!
  • Ashleyann
    Ashleyann P. Married on 02/12/2022

Amazing team and delicious food!

Rouge was very flexible and attentive to all the details that made our night unforgettable. Especially Lindsey who stepped in and made sure we were on schedule and had a chance to eat. :)
  • Dawn
    Dawn R. Married on 12/18/2021

Easy to work with

We were very happy with Rouge fine catering. They catered an event for 100+ people for us. Brought the whole set up to our home and cooked on site. Food was delicious and unique. All the staff were friendly and professional. Our event manager Kayle was on point from the interview till end of event. They responded quickly to any questions before the event and provided lots of options on food. Very professional and well worth the money paid. I would highly recommend for any event.
    Marcy S. Married on 12/11/2021

First Clasd Caterer

Rouge catered my daughter’s wedding and everything was perfect; from the floor plan, table settings, drinks, and especially the staff. The food was out of this world! I’m still getting compliments about the meal. We had a plated dinner service that would equal a 5-star restaurant. We highly recommend Rouge to anyone looking for a first class caterer.
  • Jolie
    Jolie R. Married on 11/20/2021

Amazing & delicious

We got married in November at The Assembly Room and Rouge Fine Catering was on the preferred list. When chatting with our planners they recommended we look at Rouge first and foremost and I'm so glad that we did! Ever since we did our tasting a year ago I've been looking forward to our wedding just to finally be able to eat everything again. It was seriously SOOO DELICIOUS! My biggest wedding day regret was not eating more! All of our guests could not stop raving about all of our hors d'oeuvres and our entrees. Our coordinator, Marija also took SUCH good care of us. We had a whole plate of hors d'oeuvres waiting for us at our table since we couldn't join all of the cocktail hour and she brought me a little plate to the bridal suite before the ceremony when I was overwhelmed and starving. They were so great! Definitely HIRE THEM!
    Julie E. Married on 11/19/2021

Holy moly, their food was fantastic.

I myself have been to a lot of weddings and there is always the caveat of the food not being so great or mediocre. Rouge was FANTASTIC. Everyone could not stop talking about how great the food was. And not only that, they took the time to understand our pallete and came through with mouth watering appetizers and main courses. They also took our notes from our first tasting and exceeded our expectations on the day of. One huge thing about our wedding day was that I wanted to eat. So many brides have said that they were not able to eat at their own wedding. Again, Rouge came through. They surprised us with all of the appetizers from cocktail hour when we first sat down. Then my husband and I got to finish everything on our plates. It was utterly phenomenal. My husband made his own beer as well and they were able to work with him on getting the kegs up and running and serving it. If you want a tailored meal and excellent service, go to Rouge. I promise you won't be disappointed.
    Annie M. Married on 11/06/2021

I’d recommend Rouge 100x over

Rouge made our wedding. From the beginning, they understood our vision and were excited and willing to work with us. They made a totally delicious, custom menu for us. They are so reasonably priced, their food tasted way better than others we tried, and they were by far the most flexible in terms of options available. Very communicative and easy to work with. You won’t find a better caterer!
  • Rachel
    Rachel E. Married on 10/16/2021

Amazing food, wonderful people, great experience!

When we booked at The Assembly Room, Rouge was on the list of approved caterers. The Rouge team was so responsive, friendly, accommodating, and their packages were within the price range we were looking for. We ended up emailing with Celeste for about a year, swapping things in and our of our menu selections, switching from a buffet dinner to plated dinner, and so much more. Our tasting in the Rouge office was delightful, and the food was delicious. We ended up making some changes after the tasting, and again Celeste was just so helpful.

When we approached our wedding date, Marija was available to help us day in and day out! She was so patient, organized, and made sure we had all of the small details exactly right for our day. She went above and beyond and helped us so much with the floor plan, and answered about a million questions from us.

On our wedding day, everything was perfect. The food was incredible, and guests could not stop raving about it. The rooms were set up so beautifully, and flipped quickly during cocktail hour thanks to the staff. The only thing I will mention is that after we cut the cake, it was sliced and placed on the dessert table, rather than handed out to the tables of guests. This is something I probably should have asked about beforehand, and only a small thing in the scheme of a wonderful job all around. Rouge will not disappoint!!
  • Julia
    Julia C. Married on 10/02/2021

Well oiled machine with great customer service

Marija and her team were incredible from start to finish! Very responsive and knowledgeable, impressive facility, accommodating of our needs, and worked like a well oiled machine. The food was incredible, planning and set up was seamless, and every single staff member I interacted with was awesome, pleasant, and helpful! I had several guests come up to me and comment on the food and how great the service was. I highly recommend Rouge for your event!
  • Molly
    Molly H. Married on 09/25/2021

Rogue is amazing!

We got married at the Pier 5 hotel and mid-pandemic, they told us the hotel's catering staff had been laid off and they had hired Rogue for us. We were a bit apprehensive since we didn't know anything about Rogue and it was different than what we had signed up for. Well, we were SO thankful by the end! Their food was AMAZING (our guests are still raving about it) and their staff (Celeste and Anne especially) were SO helpful, responsive and happy to provide us with exactly what we wanted. All of the appetizers were insanely delicious, I'm just sad we didn't eat more of them (although Anne brought us a tray during our photos, so it was more on us). We chose crab cake & filet mignon for dinner and our guests are still raving about the cook on the steak, the crab cake (especially from long-time Maryland residents) and how everything was still hot when it arrived. We had such a great experience for them, that we ended up ordering breakfast for Sunday for our guests. So, I highly, highly recommend them for your catering needs!
    Erin M. Married on 09/17/2021

Delicious, professional, and prepared for anything!

The Rouge team was kind, helpful, professional, and prepared through every step of working with us for our wedding. It was clear from our initial emails and tastings how experienced and accomplished this team is. They helped us create custom menu items so that we were incredibly excited for our wedding dinner, worked with us to accommodate our out-of-the-box dessert ideas, and prepared fantastic food that we and our guests loved! Great food, great staff, great service -- we would absolutely recommend them to anyone else in the area!
    Maura L. Married on 06/11/2021

the BEST caterer

Rouge was absolutely fantastic. They were easy to work with, very responsive, reliable, and DELICIOUS. Everyone raved about the food at my wedding. They also made my Husband and I feel so special, always asking us if we needed food or drinks. My wedding was at my Family's farm and they made sure to clean everything up and leave the space better than when they found it. I can't thank them enough for making my day so special!
    Allie O. Married on 06/01/2021

best day ever

Rouge did an amazing job of helping to make our night the best ever. The food and service was top notch! Jacqueline managed our wedding from the very first day and was amazing!! She always responded so quickly to every single one of my million emails and didn't bat an eye when I initially was all over the place with options and pricing. They were very accommodating towards dietary needs and changes which helped put my mind at ease. We would absolutely recommend Rouge!
    Devin M. Married on 05/08/2021

Exceptional service and delicious food!

Rouge Catering is exceptional. Their food is absolutely delicious and their staff was incredibly helpful and responsive, even as we navigated having to postpone our original wedding due to COVID. We cannot tell you how many times we heard from our guests that our food was the best wedding food they’ve ever had! They raved about all of the appetizers and particularly the crab cake entrée (a big deal given all of the Marylanders there). We worked directly with Amanda who was an absolute pleasure to work with! We got so many compliments about the friendliness and service of the staff who were on-site. Rouge is a class act and we would highly recommend them to others!
  • KHANH
    Khanh H. Married on 01/05/2021

5/1/2021 Wedding at Glen Ellen

We were very fortunate to have Rouge Fine Catering be our caterer for our wedding this past weekend. Leading up to our date, we had countless interactions with Celeste and Marija regarding our wedding, from adjusting out total guest count, to hosting our reception on the lawn or altering our menu from our original contract, they accommadated all of our requests. The "Fine Catering" is true to the name, everything was high class, from the first tasting, communication, food preparation/presentation. Our guests were estatic with quality of the food that Rouge provided. Thank you again for making our wedding memorable!!

-Khanh and Nhi
  • Susan
    Susan A. Married on 12/09/2020

Outstanding in Every Way!

Rouge saved the day! The original venue for our daughter's wedding couldn't handle the size reception we needed (COVID restrictions) so we opted for an outdoor event at our home. Lucky us!!! Rouge gave us a proposal within 24 hours of our telephone call and were very helpful every step of the way.

The quality of the food and service at the event exceeded everyone's expectations. Our guests RAVED about the hors d'oeuvres, entrees, and desserts. Not a soul had a negative comment about anything (amazing!)

We would not hesitate to use them again. Rouge was beyond excellent!!!
  • Deanna
    Deanna D. Married on 11/14/2020

Amazing! 5 star service

The team, the food, the service were beyond anything we could have imagined. We would recommend Rouge Fine Catering to anyone planning to have an event. As the bride and groom we did not have to worry about anything and there was not a single hiccup, everything was perfect. Huge thank you to their entire team, from start to finish they made our special day fabulous!