Rosewood Farms Reviews

23 | Elkton, MD

23 Reviews for Rosewood Farms

Spenser · Married on 11/08/2020

Tour and reserved wedding date

Amazing experience with my tour and scheduling my wedding at Rosewood farms. I know right away this was the place where I had to get married.

Sent on 08/25/2019

Rosewood Farms's reply:

Hi Spenser! Thank you so much for reviewing us. We are very excited for your wedding and are so happy that you had a great experience touring and booking with us!
  • Leticia

Leticia Lara · Married on 10/25/2020

perfection

I am at a loss for words about this incredible venue. I cant even begin to imagine a more perfect day anywhere else!

Sent on 10/29/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley Curtis · Married on 10/03/2020

Amazing Venue!

Rosewood Farms was the 2nd venue we looked at and we fell in love! Everything about the venue amazed us, from the rustic barn to our amazing tour guides Chrissy & Katie! We knew after taking our parents to explore the venue a second time this was absolutely where we wanted to have our wedding. Let the planning begin

Sent on 01/26/2019

Rosewood Farms's reply:

Thank you, Ashley! We are so excited for your wedding! October 3, 2020 will be here before you know it! We are so happy that you booked with us and can't wait for your big day.

Karen Johnson · Married on 09/12/2020

Rosewood farms

We have only booked the venue haven't had the wedding yet but so far we love the location

Sent on 01/20/2020
  • Kelly

Kelly McLaughlin · Married on 03/21/2020

Amazing Venue!

Rosewood Farms is absolutely stunning! We couldn't imagine not picking this as our venue. The service and care we have received so far has been just as amazing. We can not wait for our wedding day!

Sent on 02/12/2019

Rosewood Farms's reply:

Hi Kelly! We are excited for your wedding here at Rosewood! The big day is almost here and we can not wait to see your vision come to life. We are excited to work with you!
  • Tiffany

Tiffany Iman · Married on 12/22/2019

Beautiful & Memorable

We couldn't have been happier with how our wedding turned out. Rosewood is absolutely stunning and was the perfect location for our Christmas themed wedding. Emily and Chrissy were amazing at making sure all of our questions were addressed and that everything went smoothly leading up to and on our big day. We highly recommend Rosewood Farms!

Sent on 01/29/2020
  • Z

Zachary · Married on 12/14/2019

Most incredible experience ever

This venue is beyond gorgeous! The team at Rosewood really blew us away with their attention to detail of, not only the landscape and venue features, but the set up in general. The rustic bar below the rustic barn was amazing! Every detailed design of the property was done to perfection. I can't count how many times we were approached and over-heard guests saying the venue was "magical". We came to visit the venue originally approximately 6-7 months prior and met with Chrissy. We loved her immidetiately and made our decision before even driving off of the property. When we think of how perfect our wedding was, we think of Chrissy first because of how helpful, joyful, organzied, knowledgable she is (we could go on and on about her). Any questions we had, she was always there and shockingly prompt. The vendors this venue suggested were superb and they all worked so well together! Lindsey and I will miss working with Chrissy; it was like planning a wedding with a friend. Thank you, Chrissy and the Rosewood team for the most incredible wedding we could have ever asked for.

Sent on 01/13/2020

Kristina · Married on 11/16/2019

Wonderful and amazing.

They are an amazing and wonderful venue and business. I cannot wait to have my wedding here!

Sent on 12/20/2018

Rosewood Farms's reply:

Thank you, Kristina for choosing Rosewood Farms! Your wedding was wonderful and we were so glad to be a part of it. Also, thank you for the great review!
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 11/15/2019

Seriously a perfect day

We were previewing venues Online before we were engaged. We made an appointment at rosewood and we were sold! The setup at rosewood makes it super easy for everyone — bride and groom get ready in the same area, guest do not have to travel, and the venue is gorgeous! Our wedding day ran so smoothly - all vendors were amazing!! We had an absolutely day including a perfect sunset! The barn for cocktail hour is one of my favorite parts! We did our first look there and loved it! I cant wait to go back to rosewood to celebrate future life events in the future!

We did opt to start early which i think all brides should do for less stress. I do think rosewood should allow you to start at 10 because it is earlier for all to get ready and not be rushed. So much to happen by 10!

Seriously the best place to get married and i am excited to see our pictures!

Sent on 11/30/2019

Rosewood Farms's reply:

Thank you, Kristen! You had a beautiful wedding and I am so glad that you had an awesome time. Thank you for the great review and for being an amazing Rosewood bride!
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 09/28/2019

What a dream!

Rosewood Farms is just absolutely beautiful. We booked it when the barns were just wood skeletons. We believed in their vision and they had us sold with just one powerpoint presentation. They did not disappoint!
    One month later and we are still receiving so many compliments from our family and friends.
    One thing that I loved is that you can text them at anytime to get feedback on anything and they were super flexible with scheduling times for multiple walk thrus for all my vendors.
    My husband and I are so glad we choose Rosewood for our wedding! You will be too!

Also- please put the Chesapeake Inn at the top of your list for catering options! Nick and the rest of the Chesapeake Inn team were phenomenal!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Rosewood Farms's reply:

Thank you, Brianna! You were beautiful and so was your wedding! Thank you for the fantastic review and choosing us! You were great to work with!
  • B Bailey

B Bailey · Married on 09/07/2019

Beautiful!

Rosewood Farms is a very beautiful new venue with an incredible staff!

Sent on 09/20/2019

Rosewood Farms's reply:

Thank you! We are so happy we got to have the Bailey wedding here! What a dreamy wedding it was! Thank you again for the great review!
  • Katelyn

Katelyn · Married on 08/17/2019

Rosewood wedding

We booked out wedding venue with rosewood for August of 2019. Rosewood responded quickly to my email and had us come in to look at their building progress (as they were still unfinished whe we started looking). The next week we were back and booking our wedding. The staff are all so friendly and very knowledgeable. We felt welcomed from the moment we drove up. They respond quickly to any question you might have and keep us updated on the progress happening at the venue. We can not wait till August when we get married at Rosewood!

Sent on 12/28/2018

Rosewood Farms's reply:

Thank you, Katelyn! We enjoyed hosting your wedding and seeing your vision come to life! It was a beautiful day and we wish you all the best!

Emily · Married on 06/29/2019

I heard about Rosewood Farms through a friend and I immediately messaged them to set up a tour & I am so glad I did! I messaged them on a Thursday and was able to come in that Saturday for a tour! The moment my fiancé and I stepped foot onto the property we knew it was where we had to have our wedding. Everyone is so friendly and very knowledgeable about the vision of Rosewood Farms! Even though it was still under construction we felt so confident that Rosewood wouldn’t let us down. I’m so excited we booked with them & I can’t wait for our wedding day here!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Rosewood Farms's reply:

Hi Emily! We love your review! Thank you so much! And thank you for making Rosewood Farms a part of your big day.

Emily Williams · Married on 06/29/2019

Simply the best!

Our advice to any couple considering booking this venue– just do it, you will not regret it!

When we booked this venue, construction was just getting started and we probably looked crazy booking a venue that had not yet been built! But the vision that Rosewood showed us was so clear that we fully trusted they would deliver- and they did. They went above and beyond what we could have ever dreamed. It is breathtakingly beautiful.

The entire Rosewood staff is wonderful. Through all of my texts, calls, and emails they helped and answered any questions I had. Alicia was our coordinator and I do not know what we would have done without her. She made the day run so smoothly and effortlessly. The fact that they have a preferred vendor list helped us pick other vendors that we knew would work seamlessly with the venue.

All in all, our guests had wonderful things to say. They commented on how unique our wedding venue was, how the attention to detail was impeccable, and that it was by far the best wedding they had ever been to.

I also recommend adding on their outdoor games & rustic photo booth packages. They were both affordable & such a hit with our guests. It even came with a photo album guestbook!

We had the best wedding day ever!

Sent on 07/30/2019
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 06/15/2019

Our Wedding was Unforgettable!

When I heard that there were plans in the making to renovate an old farm in my hometown and turn it into a one-of-a-kind rustic wedding venue, I was so thrilled! I contacted Rosewood Farms immediately to set up a tour.

When we arrived, the place was a total construction zone. Both the Rustic Barn and the Rose Barn were simply frames of what could be. There were no walls, no floors, no silo, no fireplace, no windmill, no fancy chandeliers, and no grandeur staircases. In the moment, I had many questions and concerns regarding how they were going to get this completed in just a few short months. Chrissy and Alicia took my Mom and I upstairs to the main office, where we were immediately charmed with modern farmhouse EVERYTHING. We then viewed a powerpoint presentation with 3D imagery that displayed the “vision” of what Rosewood Farms would later be. For a moment, you forgot about the construction outside, and you began picturing yourself on your wedding day in this beautiful vision they were painting us with. It was then that I knew that this was the place, and we reserved our date.

Rosewood Farms was in constant communication with us in the months leading up to the wedding. We visited several times to view the construction progress, our excitement growing stronger with each new addition to the venue. Rosewood uses an online portal that easily allows you to organize your ideas, timeline, vendors, payments, and more for your special day.

Fast forward several months to June 15th, 2019. Rosewood Farms delivered on everything they had promised on day one when their beautiful venue was still an idea in the making. Our wedding coordinator Emily went above and beyond to ensure that the day went seamlessly, from helping with the decor, to adhering to the timeline, to communicating with vendors. I seriously don’t think a single thing went wrong!

The property was very well thought out! The ladies started off in the suite getting dolled up and pampered, while the gentlemen were shooting pool and enjoying themselves in the lounge. Our ceremony then took place in the Rustic Barn with beautiful white-washed walls, rustic charm, and stunning chandeliers. Cocktail hour was to follow in the lower level of the Rustic Barn, where guests had a great view of the pond and were able to enjoy refreshments at the bar. Guests then made their way over to the Rose Barn for dinner and dancing. The bar in this building is cleverly located in the silo, and there are a million ways to set up your table layout! Our caterer was also able to prepare all food on site, which was a huge plus! The convenience of having everything you need at one location was appreciated by all.

We had the best time on our wedding day, and we have enjoyed reliving the special moments we shared through our photos and video. Thank you to the entire Rosewood Farms team for an unforgettable day. We are honored to have been one of the first weddings on your incredible property, and we look forward to watching you celebrate many more love stories there!

Sent on 09/09/2019

Rosewood Farms's reply:

Hi Natalie! WOW Thank you! What a great review that we are so proud of! That means a lot to us that you booked on our vision and saw our dreams turn into reality! We are so happy with your wedding and thrilled that you said yes to Rosewood!
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing Day at a Gorgeous Venue!

I can't say enough about this venue. We found them after looking for a while and not quite finding anything that hit the marks we wanted within our budget. When we found rosewood it was still under construction and just a lot of framed wood. We met with the team and saw their vision for spaces and we knew it was worth the risk to book it! We loved that we had most of the day there to enjoy the groom and bridal suites to relax and get ready. We loved that we were the only wedding that day and we could use any of the spaces as we wanted. We ultimately decided to get married outside but I was so happy that our rain plan was a space just as gorgeous. I was absolutely in love with the cocktail hour space and rustic barn look. Alicia was our wedding coordinator and she was extremely responsive and easy to work with. We had fireworks on-site and that required a lot of coordinating and an extra person from their staff and meeting the requirements of the fire marshall. Rosewood went above and beyond to make sure that our fireworks show could take place and it was incredible. You will not be disappointed with the venue, the views, or the service you will receive.

Sent on 07/26/2019

Rosewood Farms's reply:

Thank you, Lisa! What a great review to read :) We loved hosting your wedding and we are so excited that you enjoyed your wedding just as much (I am sure more)! Thank you again :)

Emily C Heggan · Married on 06/01/2019

Unique and Breathtaking Rustic Farm

My husband and I got married 2 weeks ago on June 1, 2019 and it was literally the best day of our lives. Backtracking to a year prior, Rosewood Farms was in the process of being built, with most of their buildings under major construction. The first time I went to the venue, I didn't know much about it and was curious to find out more. As soon as Alicia started talking to me about it, I instantly felt a connection to the vision board she created and wanted in. She showed us around the farm, explaining how the Rose Barn and Rustic barn would eventually look since what we were looking at were merely shells of buildings. Rosewood Farms was everything I was looking for - rustic, spacious, friendly, and unique! It is unlike any other venue in the area and it is beautiful. Katie, Alicia, and Chrissy were all absolutely wonderful to work with and made me 100% comfortable that Rosewood would be magnificent by the time my wedding came around. And they were so correct, it did not disappoint. We were so excited to share Rosewood Farms with our guests. The lower level of the Rustic Barn is our favorite spot which is where we had our First Look as well as Cocktail Hour. Katie was our day-of coordinator and the hospitality we felt from her was so impressive, she was so warm and welcoming to not only me and my husband but to my family, friends, and guests. They had nothing but positive things to say about her! If you want a venue that you can WOW your guests, have the most incredible views for pictures, have the most personable venue staff/team cheering you on, and can flex to your style and vision, then look no further! Rosewood Farms is the place to go!

Sent on 06/16/2019

Rosewood Farms's reply:

Emily! Thank you so very much for the warm and amazing review! It was truly a pleasure working with you and being a part of your day. We all wish you and Justin the best for your future together

Gracie · Married on 05/04/2019

This venue was a dream come true!

Rosewood was everything I would’ve wished for in a venue. It was clean, modern, aesthetically pleasing in every direction! When first booking, my now-husband and I toured and booked before the construction even started, but we believed in the vision of the property and trusted it would look amazing come time for our wedding. We came back two more times for a tour and walk thru and we were not disappointed! It was incredible seeing the space go from vision to execution. Our guests were taking photos everywhere and couldn’t stop saying how beautiful the barns were. The day’s weather was perfect and the kids got to play outside and by the pond. Even when guests came earlier than expected, the venue was pretty enough that they weren’t bored and could explore and take pictures. We had some lawn games so that guests could play during cocktail hour. We had 235 guests would looked pretty substantial in the rose barn. The dance floor was a perfect size for us. We had a Chinese tea ceremony in the rustic barn which was incredibly beautiful! Guests also appreciated how sound proof the rose barn was, as there was a space for everyone; some danced hard core on the dancefloor while others had the space to relax outside on the porch. My favorite space was the lower level of the rustic barn - the distressed brick was so beautiful and I wish I could’ve enjoyed it myself!! Chrissy and Alicia were so helpful throughout the process. They were flexible when I changed my mind or decision on things and ensured that we were covered. I really wanted a food truck and and they were great in helping me bring that to fruition. We made the best decision booking with rosewood! They made my rustic barn wedding dream come true ❤️

Sent on 05/06/2019

Rosewood Farms's reply:

Gracie! Thank you! We loved reading this review and reflecting on your beautiful wedding! Thank you for choosing Rosewood Farms :)

Rebecca · Married on 01/19/2019

We are so thrilled to have Rosewood Farms as our venue! My Fiance and I toured the venue and had a wonderful time speaking and meeting with Emily. We are definitely looking to our wedding in January! We love the chic rustic, yet modern charm. The Buildings are absolutely beautiful and the vision is timeless. Thank you for making this such an easy choice!

Sent on 08/11/2018

Rosewood Farms's reply:

Thank you, Rebecca! Your wedding was amazing and we had a great time being a part of it! It was a pleasure hosting you and Dean! We wish you the best :)

Britt · Married on 11/01/2017

The venue is not finished yet but the staff did a great job at showing us presentations, the layout, and giving us multiple tours of what’s complete. If I may say it is already breathtaking! The staff is absolutely amazing, they are very welcoming and truly want to make your dream wedding come true! They are more than helpful, especially with their social media; pintrest, instagram, and Facebook! Thank you Rosewood we can’t wait to say “we do” in May!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Rosewood Farms's reply:

Thank you, Britt! We love the feedback and the awesome review! Thank you for trusting Rosewood Farms :)
  • Chris

Chris · Married on 07/11/1984

Booked for 2021

My fiancé and I fell in love with Rosewood’s smart and beautiful design immediately, it couldn’t be more perfect for our winter wedding. The staff is very professional and passionate about making each couple’s dream wedding become reality. Can’t wait to start the planning!

Sent on 07/21/2019

Kelley · Married on 04/13/2019

Beautiful venue

Very pretty venue. Only downside is can get pricey including ceremony chairs being an extra cost and also cushions for chairs in reception. Discounting pricing for off season and Friday’s/Sunday’s though. Also can only have the venue starting at 11am which can be hard if wanting to get whole bridal party ready by 3 or 4. Overall, day went smooth with help of day of coordinator and my own wedding planner. GORGEOUS venue though. Guests loved it.

Sent on 05/22/2019

Rosewood Farms's reply:

Hi Kelley! Thank you for reviewing us and having your wedding here. It was our pleasure hosting it and we wish you the best in your future!

Courtney C · Getting married on 12/08/2020

3.6
      3.0

Beautiful venue but disappointed with customer care

There is no doubt that this is a beautiful venue. It seemed to have all that I was looking for so we took a chance on a new venue. We don't regret our decision because the venue did look spectacular on our wedding day, but as a new venue Rosewood certainly has some issues with customer service to work out. My wedding party complained about how they were being spoken to by our day of wedding coordinator for our rehearsal and wedding day. They did not enjoy being yelled constantly at like children. Yes, they were talking while the wedding coordinator was trying to organize the wedding party but I think that is expected from a group of slightly nervous and excited people. I had about either people make comments to me about how she was being rude. The day of our wedding our wedding coordinator said that she would not be setting up any decorations (card table, setting card table, mirrors and signs, memory table). I have several friends who are wedding coordinators and they have told me this is the coordinator's job. I had to request help from a friend to set up all of my decorations because I couldn't do it and neither could my bridal party. The day of the wedding, I am not sure what the wedding coordinator was actually doing other than telling vendors where to go because she was difficult to locate when we had questions. She had stopped in several times but did not make a single comment about cups and plates needing to be thrown away (even though the trash was full and so were the dumpsters outside). After the wedding when we were packing up, she was extremely rude to me mother which upset me because my parents had paid so much money for this venue and this was obviously a big day for them as well. The day after the wedding we received an email from the coordinator saying that we needed to pay an extra $500 to clean up cups and plates. Regardless of this sounding ridiculous, nothing quite stops your "wedding bliss high" the day after your wedding and day before your honeymoon like this kind of email and having to work something like this out. I found that to be in poor taste for a venue as their job is to make sure their customers are happy. The only problem that we had on our wedding day was with our day of coordinator and venue.

Sent on 12/11/2019

Rosewood Farms's reply:

Hi Courtney. I am sorry that we did not set clear expectations for what our venue managers do here onsite for your wedding day. We do not have in house coordinators or planners, and try our best to make that clear in emails, visits and contracts that our venue managers are here on behalf of the venue to ensure that the grounds and contract is adhered to. I will be sure to make it a point that venue managers are making their rounds, but to also be more clear on the roles and responsibilities. As for the cleaning fee, this is not what we ever want to communicate after such an amazing day for our couples. In a case that above and beyond cleanup will be needed, there is a fee that is charged. We worked with your Dad who understood that this needed to be done and accommodated a fee that worked for him. We wish you all the best and we are glad that you were a Rosewood bride.