Rosewood Reviews

Rosewood 5
  • Pseunami

Victoria · Married on 10/19/2019

Best Wedding Ever!

I can't begin to describe how great my wedding was at Rosewood. I've gotten compliment after compliment about everything from the food, to the decor/general vibe, to the music! We had a significant amount of input into everything, if we wanted to, but Rosewood by itself clearly knows weddings. I was rarely super stressed during the entire planning process, because pretty much all the big ticket items are covered by Rosewood. By booking them we had our ceremony location, reception hall, catering, DJ, bridal suite, etc. We really only had to worry about hiring an officiant and a photographer. We could have done our flowers in house too! The only reason we didn't was to support a family friend who owns a florist shop. Everything went SO smoothly, and I know my guests absolutely adored the entire event. I had multiple people tell me it was the best wedding they had ever been to! And I know that's entirely related to the STUNNING venue, the DELICIOUS food options, and the efficiency and care of the staff. I wouldn't have changed a THING about our wedding!!

Rosewood 6
    Sent on 11/08/2019
  • Kara

Kara · Married on 08/31/2019

The best venue!

I love Rosewood and all the amazing staff and extra things they provided for our wedding day. We had so many compliments from our guests on the venue, the food, the music and the flowers (all of which were done in house-which made for a lot of continence on my part). The staff was so friendly and willing to provide anything we needed. It was the perfect day thanks to them!

Sent on 09/02/2019

Leslie Wiercioch · Married on 08/31/2019

An absolutely perfect day!

My daughter got married at Rosewood on 8/31/2019. The day went perfectly! The staff was very responsive and flexible throughout the whole planning process. We had the flowers done in house and they were absolutely gorgeous! We elected to go with a sweets table instead of a cake and the guests loved it, everything was yummy! The grounds are beautiful and the vibe of the venue itself is very unique. Everyone raved about the food. Having the in house tech and music for the reception made it a great value also. I would definitely recommend Rosewood for your wedding!

Sent on 09/07/2019

Jessica · Married on 06/29/2018

We loved how Rosewood was a one-stop wedding shop so we didn't have to find outside vendors for anything! That definitely reduced some of our stress. It is also the most beautiful venue we looked at, and it also happened to have the best prices we could find! We got so many compliments from our guests on the venue itself, the food, the outdoor patio, and especially the dance floor with the giant screen that showed music videos while everyone was dancing. We didn't need to bring in a lot of our own decorations because Rosewood speaks for itself. Everything is updated and has a rustic vibe. I had a very positive experience planning my wedding with the help of everyone at Rosewood, and I wouldn't change a thing about my wedding.

Sent on 07/06/2018

Austyn · Married on 10/14/2017

Great place to have a wedding unfortunately we had booked for a out door wedding but it rained so we had to shuffle inside and they did a great job with the transfer

Sent on 10/22/2017

Ashley · Married on 10/06/2017

If I could get married all over again, I'd do it all again with Rosewood! Our wedding was absolutely amazing!

Rosewood 16
    Sent on 10/27/2017

Heather · Married on 09/30/2017

This venue is like a dream come true. My guests have been raving about this venue and the service they received still. I could not be happier with how everything turned out. Mark and Gretchen are such wonderful accommodating people to work with. Shawn was so awesome putting together our marquee letters, great music and slide show which brought tears to everyone in the place and Jo our in house wedding coordinator was on top of everything the day of which made everything run smooth. Thank you Rosewood for making my dreams come true. You are truly a diamond in the rough.

Sent on 10/15/2017

Anne · Married on 08/26/2017

MAGICAL. Rosewood was absolutely spectacular in every phase including planning and carrying out our dream day. It was an ideal space for our ceremony, reception & after party and every accommodation was made for us. We would do it all over again in a heartbeat at Rosewood.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Maritza · Married on 08/04/2017

They are the absolute BEST! I'm so happy my husband and I decided to get married here. It was truly a fairytale. They service provided by Rosewood was like no other.

Sent on 11/02/2017

Jennifer · Married on 07/02/2017

Full of history, magical touches, charm & character “Millies Pancake House,” has been revived by Gretch & Mark Hladish & is now Rosewood.
    Rosewood is surrounded by Wisconsin’s natural beauty: fields, open sky, different types of stone, trees, & flowers. Indoors there are beautiful chandeliers, beams, a romantic fireplace, an awesome bar, wood floors, the list goes on. It is all blended with a techies dream of digital back drops, big screens, sound (indoors and outdoors), a gazebo, patio with gas firepits, & lights. It blends the old & new naturally & beautifully!
    We had a vision for our event. A winter scene, a festive vibe, decorations, amazing food, great music, sound, & lighting. Yet, we wanted a true Wisconsin coziness in the air for our guests.
    Along with Mark & Gretch’s amazing team & connections, you can bring your imagination and dreams to the table, & Rosewood provides you with the right people & talents, & a platform & theater to make them come alive.
    A Special Thank You to:
    Mark & Gretch Hladish Owners of Rosewood, full of amazing talent & we are thankful to them for having the vision to create Rosewood.
    Mark Hladish Sr. Sound Engineer
    Beth Iverson Wedding Coordinator, calm, organized, we met twice prior to the event, available via text & email. Owns a local B&B in Lake Geneva, Humble B&B.
    Shawn Slawson Technical Producer-is amazing. We relied so heavily on Shawn. We were married 5 months prior to our reception. We needed a venue that allowed our guests to relive that day with us. We had heard of Shawn, we had ideas in our minds for how we wanted the evening to go, & Shawn delivered!
    Jeff Iverson Bar Manager, Steve Fairchild Bartenders fully stocked bar, mix great drinks
    Dustin Grindle Building Administrator-always helpful
    Chef John Schnupp and Chef Jesse Schnupp-Amazing food, guests are still raving!
    Jo Hodgins fabulous florist Daniels Foods Sentry in Walworth, WI
    Ryan Bensheimer Ideal Impressions local to the area, fantastic!

Sent on 01/22/2018

Melissa · Married on 05/27/2017

We couldn't have been more pleased. This is a very special venue and everyone went above and beyond to ensure our daughter's perfect reception. Highly recommend Rosewood for your event.

Sent on 10/27/2017

Kaela · Married on 12/16/2016

This venue is so impressive. We had only great feedback from our guests and the staff were all very welcoming and helpful. I would use this place over and over!

Sent on 03/06/2017

Sherry · Married on 10/09/2016

We had a Sunday Brunch for the bridal party, family, and out of town guests, the day after our daughter's wedding. Rosewood was the perfect spot to relax and unwind after a busy wedding weekend. We loved the rustic cozy atmosphere, and the scrumptious food stations. The Mimosa & Bloody Mary Bar was an extra special treat for our guests. The staff made us feel at home, and attended to our needs from the planning stage to the completion of the event. We enjoyed working with Mark and Gretch. A definite must, if you are planning a wedding in the Geneva Lake area.

Sent on 03/06/2017

Kim · Married on 08/06/2016

They will go out of their wedding to give you your dream wedding!

Sent on 12/14/2016
  • Jeneal

Jeneal · Married on 06/11/2016

Our wedding at Rosewood was a picture-perfect day!! We could not have asked for a better venue to celebrate our wedding for both the ceremony and reception! Rosewood was a fantastic place for our outdoor wedding, with a beautiful gazebo as the backdrop. Then the reception hall is absolutely gorgeous! It is has a rustic feel, with beautiful wood finish all around, but at the same time it has an elegant feel because there is so much attention to all the little details in the decorations. Everything from the light fixtures, to the stained glass window behind the bar -- it is just a beautiful venue through and through. It was perfect for me and my husband because we didn't have to break our budget with decorations, because the venue itself is just simply gorgeous! We had so many guests comment on how lovely the venue looks, and the pictures turned out stunning!

Of course, the staff were absolutely wonderful in helping with all the details in preparation for the wedding. The whole staff made every step of the process easy for us. Rosewood helped us customize our day by suggesting local vendors and crafting a custom menu for our wedding. And let me tell you, the food was DELICIOUS! Chef Schnupp did a fantastic job creating a diverse and tasty menu, and our guests loved the unique flavors. This isn't just your typical "wedding-food", I mean it is top-notch delicious stuff! The chef also designed our cake, which was extremely tasty as well.

Rosewood has beautiful lighting to set the mood both for dinner and the dance floor. The lighting on the dance floor was awesome to dance to!

Being one of the first few weddings at Rosewood, my husband and I could not have been more happy with the services we received from Rosewood! If you're looking for a place that is different than your typical "banquet hall" or "resort style" which is typical in the Lake Geneva area, I would highly suggest you look into Rosewood!

Sent on 07/11/2016

Austin · Married on 10/10/2015

My husband and I were the first wedding at this venue back in October. I couldn't be happier that we chose to take the risk booking a new venue to host our special day. From Mark and Gretch who cultivated the concept of Rosewood, Pat who worked with us so professionally on making the sales portion very hospitable, to Beth who dropped every thing the day of our wedding to take it out of our hands and make it inspirational for our guests, I reccomend this venue 100%. The interior and exterior is breathtaking and captures the beauty of vintage and rustic with a perfect twist of the modern culture every 20 something loves. Rosewood worked so hard for us to have a special day and they continue to do the same for others.

Sent on 04/16/2016

Jody · Married on 05/20/2017

I knew before even seeing the place that this was going to be it. The venue is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous!! Gretch is so wonderful and really informs you on the property and all the changes they have done to make this a very unique, rustic elegant space. If you are familiar with the Delavan area, this use to be the old Millie's Pancake House. If you are looking for a venue that is just beautiful and different from the standard "hall" you need to check out Rosewood. Wedding is May 2017 and we couldn't be more excited.

Sent on 10/11/2016
  • Tony

Tony Rowan · Married on 07/13/2019

Book now before this place blows up!

You will be Ecstatic if you have your wedding at Rosewood.

Preparation-We ended up having to switch our wedding coordinator but Beth was everything we hoped for as more. She stayed on top of details, clarified when there needed to be and made the entire day go as smooth as it could. If there were any hiccups we couldn’t tell and neither could our guests.

Morning set up-This was done by the bride and close family members with help of Rosewood staff. We didn’t decorate too much because we didn’t want to steal and of the ambience Rosewood creates.

Food-
    You’ll have most of your guests coming up to you and raving about the food. The setup of how things are done, the quality, the quantity...you name it this will set the bar for future weddings you attend.

Ceremony-
    When it came time for the bride to hide away before the ceremony guests were able to come in and experience the venue and see the changes that have happened since it was Millie’s. Shawn did an excellent job with the sound/music and we filmed the ceremony with an IPad and it turned out perfectly.

Flowers-We stayed in house and Jo did a fantastic job with pricing and with putting everything together. We have been using the flowers weeks after the wedding for our home and for gifts.

Reception-
    The unique wedding wall might seem strange at first but you’ll have people engaged through the evening. The option for being inside or outside provides a different atmosphere from other wedding venues.

Overall-
    If you choose here you will separate yourselves from other weddings not only with the style of dinner but with the quality of the food. When we were starting our “special” dances the way the dance hall transforms provides beautiful photo opportunities. Being able to have an indoor and an outdoor option for quests was fantastic.

*You do have to have all objects out of the venue before the night ends but the staff does a great job of boxing things up for you so that you only have to load and go.

Sent on 07/29/2019

Rosewood's reply:

Thanks SO MUCH you guys. It was really our honor to host the start to your new life together. Please come back and celebrate with us. We want to stay in touch!
  • Erin

Erin Janko · Married on 05/26/2019

Absolutely fantastic!

Rosewood's value for their accommodation is phenomenal--I can't say enough about how reasonably priced it is for all they provide. Not only is it fairy-tale, rustic-chic beautiful, but the staff work hard at making sure you as the couple don't stress on your big day. Dustin, our coordinator, went out of his way to work with our needs and ensure we were as at ease for our wedding. I can't say enough about the staff and the gorgeousness of this place -- it's truly a gem.

Sent on 09/23/2019

Rosewood's reply:

Erin - Thanks so much! We try really hard as a team to work cohesively to bring together exactly what our couples have dreamed of, and planned with their coordinators. We are blessed to have a team that really DO care - that turn themselves inside out on a regular basis. Thanks for noticing. We truly hope to see you both back at Rosewood, again and again - celebrating years of happiness. Blessings!

Sarah · Married on 06/17/2017

Rosewood was everything we wanted and more. We walked in and immediately fell in love with the ambiance; it was like no other place that we had seen. The staff were great to work with and helped us have the perfect wedding reception. We are still getting compliments about it 5 months after the wedding! The one stop wedding shop was a very helpful feature, even if we didn't utilize everything/everyone they had to offer. At the very least, it gave us a place to start. I would highly recommend checking out Rosewood for your wedding/reception!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Tammy · Married on 09/16/2017

3.5

My daughter and husband were married here on their 10 year anniversary Sept. 16. We planned long distance from Texas and the wedding was absolutely beautiful. Many of the guests said it was the best wedding they have ever been too! Staff is very friendly and food is amazing! Video/music is also really phenomenal. The venue is gorgeous and I would highly recommend Rosewood.

Sent on 10/15/2017

Kyle · Married on 06/11/2016

I hadn't necessarly always imagined what my ideal wedding would be like all my life as many people do, but in huge part to all of Rosewood's amazing facilities and services, the day was as amazing as I could have ever dreamed! This venue is truly and quite honestly practically the perfect set-up for a wedding around our size ( (~135) and even a little bigger would be just fine and smaller-awesome!). They have all you need for the prep, ceremony, social hour, the dinner, and the dancing/reception, and even photography all right there with amazing service, and incredible features.
    We had the ceremony at the Gazebo outside, decorated up with a few flowers around, it was truly gorgeous and the whole set-up and ceremony ran very smoothly. The area is even mostly shaded on a hot summer day! Beautiful setting!
    The separate spaces- the Bar/Theatre area, and Larger Dining Rooms, connected by the hallway, to maybe some initial hesitations by some, actually works SO well for the flow of the evening, the spacing of people, and gives each part of the celebration its own special space, atmosphere & character. The bar/theatre during our social hour worked so well providing a comfortable, yet lively and entertaining atmosphere with appetizers galore, bar open, and music videos and scenes playing. The dining rooms were set up elegantly- ask about food stations around the room- a little unconventional sounding but worked so well!
    I Love Food, and what we ate, whether it was appetizer, entree, side, dessert, or cake, were all truly delicious and phenomenal. Chef has some really amazing things going on there- no jokes, tricks, or hesitations. People could not stop talking about the food for days. Ask about the pasta bar!!!The bar/theatre area is also such an amazing space for the reception. Space/seating/bar has enough for what everyone wants and needs. And their sound/lighting/video system- impressive and SO FUN. Staff Service- phenomenal!
    Don't miss checking this place out!!!

Sent on 07/20/2016
  • MsWizNef

Alyssa · Married on 10/21/2017

4.2
      2.5

Rosewood is beautiful. The renovations they've made are fantastic, and we were fortunate enough to have our wedding after they completed their patio area. The woodwork is classy and rustic. The theater area cleanly transitions to a dance floor in just moments, and the bar is picturesque. The gazebo is a great setting for the ceremony, and we liked that we had a back-up option to move the wedding inside in if the weather was bad. The bridal suite is great, and hopefully they will have a defined area for the men (or other partner) in the future. We chose the chef attended stations so guests could get what they wanted that night and the food was fresh and delicious, though one of the lines was noticeably slower than the other of the same type.
    The issue that we had revolved around communication with the venue. Our coordinator could be hit or miss, and it sometimes seemed that we were an annoyance for going through someone else to get a response. Some of this can be attributed to their switching email management systems, so hopefully that will be resolved some in the future. We also had a problem with adjustments to the contract somewhat close to the wedding. While the contract gave us access to the entire property, the newly finished patio was an additional cost for "stocking and manning" the bar. They also changed the bartender to guest ratio, which we understand is for guest comfort but would have added a small chunk of change to our cost. The prices of vendor and child meals and seemed to differ on the contract from what was discussed. You'll do best getting everything in writing from the start.
    The tables are interesting. They fit the space well, but most of the tables sit 5 people, with some larger tables at the edges with booths. It can make seating challenging.
    We believe that as Rosewood continues to gain more experience, these issues will likely be resolved. Overall, we would not have changed much, and we got a lot of compliments on the wedding.

Sent on 11/20/2017

Abigail · Married on 08/05/2017

4.2

This is truly a great one stop wedding shop! Ceremony outside with beautiful landscaping and reception inside. We did little decorating because of the natural beauty of the facilities.

Sent on 08/26/2017

Cherie · Married on 11/10/2016

3.5

We didn't use for a wedding, but a trade show type event. The food was off the charts and the music and entertainment was wonderful.

Sent on 03/07/2017