Rose Schaller Photo Reviews

52 Reviews for Rose Schaller Photo

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

52 Rose Schaller Photo Reviews

Jessica · Getting married on 12/27/2018

My fiancé proposed to me on Block Island. He had been in contact with Rose prior to our visit to Block Island. Rose could not have been more professional, flexible, and helpful. Additionally, she was extremely talented and captured amazing pictures that I will cherish forever. With Rose's help, our engagement was beyond perfect and I am so grateful. I highly recommend using Rose for any of your events!

Jessie · Married on 10/14/2017

Rose was incredible. I had a total of 3 photo shoots with her and she was so fun and made us feel so comfortable. I have so many amazing pictures that I am having trouble selecting some for an album. She definitely captured the day beautifully and I relive it each time I look at her work. She was kind, helpful and personable throughout the entire process. She did an amazing job of establishing a relationship with us and I will definitely be finding excuses to do more photo shoots with Rose!

James · Married on 10/06/2017

Rose helped in capturing my surprise engagement on Block Island. She was very responsive in coordinating with myself and the restaurant and remained patient with us as all the emotions kicked in. I am so happy that we have these pictures and would recommend hiring Rose!

Alyssa · Married on 09/02/2017

Rose was a pleasure to work with! She was professional and kept us on track and calm throughout the big day (and months leading up to the wedding.) She was extremely flexible, but also provided structure and guidance so we didn't have to worry! We received a preview and blog within a week and all of our photos within a month! We were very pleased with Rose and would highly recommend her to others for their special day :-)

Emily · Married on 08/05/2017

Last year I contacted Rose in a panic two months before our wedding when the photographer we were going to use stopped responding to messages. She got back to me right away and luckily just happened to have our wedding date open.

Rose was super responsive leading up the wedding and even sent us a sweet gift of a poem on a plaque with our planning materials.

Even though we had a small, intimate wedding with only 18 guests, Rose fit right in and put us at ease being photographed. She got every shot we asked for and was even kind enough to drive us around to take photos in different locations and wait out a sudden rain shower in the car with us. The time right after our ceremony was so exciting, and we had a lot of fun with her during it!

The photos of the ceremony, our family, and us came out so beautiful--they were a great record of the day. Rose took a few hundred photos over the ~2 hours we hired her for. She processed about half for an "Artist's Pick" gallery and still provided us with the rest of the photos (and they were all great photos still!).

And Rose just went right on going above and beyond when she sent us our final files on a USB in a case that was wrapped in a printed cover of one our favorite photos from the day and then, months later, a Christmas ornament made from another one our photos. Including us on her facebook page, blog, and an advertisement felt pretty great too :D

see her blog post of our wedding here: https://blockislandphotographer.blogspot.com/2017/08/intimate-block-island-wedding-for-emily.html

Sent on 04/18/2018

Rose Schaller Photo's reply:

You're welcome Emily and Tom. I'm glad I had your date open and was able to capture your wedding for you both!! Thank you for all your kind words :)

Ryan · Married on 06/24/2017

Rose helped me plan a suprise engagement a few weeks ago on Block Island. It went without a flaw! She was helpful, courteous, thoughful and professional. She helped capture the moment without my fiancé having any idea. If I could do that amazing day over and over again I would choose Rose as my photographer every time!

Janet · Married on 05/20/2017

My husband and I were married on May 20, 2017 and we were thrilled to have had Rose capture our day!  Finding a photographer we felt truly comfortable with was important to us and when we met with Rose, she was warm and curious about our story and who we are. It was clear to us that she really loves what she does and cares about the couples she photographs.  Knowing that we were in Rose’s capable and caring hands, we were able to let loose and have fun in front of her camera!  Rose went above and beyond our expectations each and every step of the way. The images she captured were so joyful, the moments so vivid, and felt truly reflective of us, our family, and friends. We love all the photos she took that we are agonizing over which to select for our wedding album - it will be no easy feat!  Thank you so much, Rose, and special shoutout to your assistant, Andrew!

Lindsay · Married on 09/10/2016

It was easy to choose Rose. She was very personable and flexible. She met us in CT and she was there for us in Block Island! Made things so easy for us!

Eileen · Married on 08/20/2016

Rose was absolutely amazing! She is organized and helps keep you on track during the whole planning process! She's so knowledgeable and has an incredible eye. She caught incredible moments on our special day. I can't stop looking at our photos!

Stephanie · Married on 08/06/2016

My husband and I had gotten married in Aruba and I had a photographer there but I was looking for someone back home to clean up my photos. I found Rose and thank God I did!!! Through Rose I had a professional album done, a beautiful wall picture and she cleaned up all the photos I wanted. Everything was perfect! I can't thank her enough for taking on my little project.

Maura · Married on 10/17/2015

Rose was a pleasure to work with. She listened to how you wanted your day to be captured and did it beautifully. We wanted some posed pictures but what we really wanted was some action photos, photos of friends and family talking and enjoying themselves and Rose captured this beautifully. She was so unobtrusive but was able to get wonderful pictures. We would highly recommend her for your wedding day photography.

Rose was professional, patient, accommodating and unobtrusive. She really captured the essence of our event and we were able to see images online within days. She also presented her work to us in beautiful format. We would recommend her services highly!

Christopher · Married on 09/20/2014

My husband and I were so blessed to have Rose join our team for our special day! Words cannot describe how wonderful she was to work with and how stunning her work is. She was so easy to get along with and was very calming throughout the day of the wedding. We knew from the moment we met her that she was the perfect choice for us.
    He work is truly art! We cannot tell you how many compliments we received on our photos thus far and how she captured all the emotions throughout the day!
    My husband and I HIGHLY recommend Rose to capture your special day!

Danielle · Married on 09/13/2014

Rose is amazing! I wanted a photographer who had a classic style so I could have photos that wouldn’t date. This is what attracted me to Rose’s photos. Rose is extremely talented and has a great eye.

To be honest, I don’t like taking photos at all. My goal with a wedding photographer was to have good classic photos and not have to spend our whole night taking pictures. I wanted minimal formals. We had a 20 person wedding party so getting people organized is challenging. Rose was totally able to achieve this balance for me! My photos are STUNNING! I always hate pictures of myself and I literally can’t stop looking at our wedding photos because I love them so much! I can’t believe what she was able to do without us me feeling like we were in front of a camera all night. My husband and I did take a 10 minute detour after the ceremony to take some photos at Finn’s on Block Island. They have a wall of buoys down there that looks cool in photos. We went down there for 10 mins and Rose got the most fabulous shots. All of our family and friends are talking about those pictures! Who would have thought that a little dirty back alley with some buoys hanging on the wall could turn into a work of art! Rose has a wonderful eye! I can’t wait to see the rest of our album. It feels so wonderful to be so excited about our photos!

Additionally, Rose is extremely professional and organized. She has been in the wedding business for a long time and definitely knows that she is doing. She also goes above and beyond. She came very prepared! A few of my girls had a headache and Rose came prepared with the Advil. Additionally, she came with a crochet hook to help button my dress. I would have never thought of that! She’s more than just a photographer. She will offer you a lot of support on your wedding day. I recommend Rose 100%!

Elsie · Married on 11/08/2013

Rose is amazing!!!!

When I pictured my wedding day, like all brides, I knew the absolutes and the areas I had for flexibility. The photography was one of those absolutes. I wanted someone who got how I pictured the day and who could capture the moments beyond what I envisioned.

Rose not only got me, but she was able to make me feel completely confident in all the choices made. From day one, I knew she was our photographer. She walked us through everything and was able to answer all my questions. It also didn't hurt that her show room had many beautiful albums and impressive portfolios of the past work she has done.

My husband does not like taking pictures and an area of his concern was having to not only be the center of attention, but to have those moments of his awkwardness captured. Rose completely put him at ease and made him actually feel comfortable in front of the camera. From the engagement shoot on, she got to know us and gain an understanding of what it was we were looking for, as well as help us get used to being in front of the lens. She didn't force us to do anything we wouldn't be comfortable with and encouraged us for those key moments to get some really AMAZING shots.

My husband and I took full advantage of the many services offered and we received our picutres back so quickly.

The end result was breathtaking. I had the wedding of my dreams and the pictures that captured it for the rest of my life.

Jennifer · Married on 09/14/2013

Rose is wonderful!!!! All of her photos and work are beautiful! She is supper easy to work with and very flexible! Before our wedding, I had given rose a list of pictures I wanted. Little did I know, when the wedding day was actually here I would prefer to be on the dance floor instead of getting my pictures taken! Rose was fine with that ! Basically the whole plan of set photos went out the window and candids became the only of picture We were willing to do! Still our photos came out gorgeous! Thank you for everything and I highly recommend this vendor!!!

Barbara · Married on 08/03/2013

Rose was incredible to work with. She has really thoughtful worksheets for you to fill out before your big day, she prepares you for posing with an engagement session, and she LISTENS and responds to what you want. She has a keen eye for touching moments, made many incredible suggestions for photo poses and locations. Everything she hands you is BEAUTIFUL, right down to the box the flash drive came in (not to mention the flash drive itself!). She can accommodate almost any budget. I enthusiastically recommend Rose Schaller!

Sean · Married on 06/15/2013

Fun to work with, good sense of humor. Consulted with us enough on what we wanted to capture that we felt like it was personalized, but didn't go overboard which gave me confidence she knew what would look best. The image quality is perfect, photos came out amazing. High clarity, lighting in the photos was perfect. Took a large amount of photos which was a key factor in my happiness with using Rose. I wanted to make sure we got the best bang for our dollars and we certainly did. I recommend Rose, stop the search and pull the trigger. It will be one of the best moves you make. You get what you pay for with wedding vendors; when comparing with other friends/family Rose delivered more value than other companies I saw. Thanks Rose!

Kathryn · Married on 09/08/2012

Rose was an absolute pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. She always responded to questions promptly, was helpful in the planning and decision making process and was great to have on hand on the day of. We were married on Block Island and she knew the best locations to take pictures. She was able to move everything along and keep us on schedule, while getting all the pictures we wanted. She provides a sneak peak blog quickly after your wedding and is very prompt at getting all the pictures to you. We were completely blown away with how the pictures turned out and could not have been happier, the are gorgeous and we will cherish them forever. She is a great value for an amazing product and I would absolutely recommend using her. Thanks Rose!

Keith · Married on 05/20/2012

Rose was extremely friendly and catered to our every need. She took great pictures and we loved every one of her ideas to get the best shot. We only wish we could do the entire day again with her! She also took amazing engagement photos for us. The value of her services was awesome too. Definitely would recommend her!

Caitlin · Married on 10/15/2011

Rose takes the most unique and amzing photos. She has a great personality and is easy to work with.

Stacey · Married on 09/23/2011

Rose was fantastic! I got married last September at Catlin Gardens and Rose was my photographer. I live in the NYC and Rose came in to take our engagement pictures at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and Central Park. They were fantastic! She has this amazing ability to capture the emotions and personalities of her subjects. She captured all of our special wedding moments in a journalistic style that highlighted the beauty of the day, just the way that we remembered it. She is very easy to work with and professional. My husband and I highly recommend Rose for any special occasion!

• I

Isabelle · Married on 09/17/2011

Rose made my wedding day very stress free. Everything we had forgotten she had. She made everyone in my wedding party feel comfortable especially the little ones. She takes the most beautiful pictures and captured my wedding day perfectly. Most of the day I never even realized she was there taking pictures. Rose is wonderful and I highly recommend her.

Kate · Married on 09/10/2011

Rose was FANTASTIC! She knows Block Island in and out and had great suggestions on locations for our photographs, both on our wedding day and for our engagement session. She was professional and captured every photograph we could have asked for on our wedding day without being intrusive. She asked great questions before the wedding to get an idea of who we are as a couple and what we were looking for. We could not possibly have asked for more. We highly recommend her!!

• Anna

Anna · Married on 07/03/2011

Rose was absolutely amazing from the beginning of the planning process right on through following up after our wedding. We have nothing but positive things to say about Rose. She takes beautiful images, listens and delivers exactly what you want, is prompt and responsive, and is fun to be around. Not only did we appreciate having her at our wedding as the photographer, but also as our friend. She was helpful the entire day with everything- not just the photography, and she has a way of capturing every little important moment with her documentary style. You cannot go wrong with having Rose as your photographer. We recommend her wholeheartedly.