43 Reviews for Rose Red & Lavender

Single Flowers (2)
Altar Decor (1)
Non-Floral (1)
43 Rose Red & Lavender Reviews

I was so glad we chose Kimberly to provide the flowers for my daughter’s winter wedding at Brooklyn Winery. We were making decisions from a distance so the fact that she had worked in that venue before and was highly thought of by the staff played an important role in the success of the event flowers. First of all, Kimberly was a delight to work with. Professsional, responsive yet empathetic, she took the time on phone calls and via email to ask the right questions to help us work through what the couple wanted . Ambiance and price were the two major factors and she was on target with both. We reviewed her site, some others and pinrest and sent her several pictures prior to our first phone meeting. After talking with us, she sent a mood board that captured the colors and feel my daughter was looking for. My daughter and I did not want to be involved with choosing the actual flowers...rather, what we wanted, and Kimberly provided, was a professional to guide us through using seasonal flowers in a way that contributed to the romantic mood my daughter was going for. We met with her by phone a few days before the ceremony to hear what she was doing and to give input ( we had none!). The bouquets and arrangements perfectly represented what the couple had hoped for and we received numerous compliments on them.

My daughter and her fiancé were very budget conscious and some of the florists I contacted in the initial search would just provide us with a price sheet when they heard what we wanted to come in at. Kimberly talked with us on the pros and cons of various choices based on the venue and her experience and came up with a plan that worked for us. Frankly, she ended up costing about the same as what we were quoted by others...it was her approach in dealing with us that made the difference.

Overall we would highly recommend Kimberly and her staff for your next event!

Photo for Rose Red & Lavender Review - Bride’s bouquet
Profile Picture Pat, 1/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

I really enjoyed meeting with Kim at RR&L. She was very nice & we had a fantastic time at our meeting at her showroom in Industry City. What was presented on our wedding day was very pretty but not what I had expected. This considered, the only thing I would suggest is meeting closer to the date. We met & reviewed printed pinterest photos several months out but walked through them individually - for example, "this type of garland but with some sort of scented pine & red berry to make it more festive" so it was probably my fault for not re-reviewing it with her closer to the date & instead just sharing the pinterest board with her. Again, what was delivered was pretty, just not what I had expected. Additionally, she was very reasonably priced compared to other NYC area florists which was very important in my decision.

Profile Picture Jayne, 12/18/16, 5 Reviews
2.4

These folks are good value, but be very clear with them about what you'd like. Make sure you get lists of flowers and confirm that the inspiration photos provided are aligned with what you can expect day-of.

Profile Picture User7660070, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I highly recommend Rose Red & Lavender! I used them for my wedding at Liberty Warehouse in July 2016 and the flowers were absolutely stunning. Kimberly is not only such a nice, calm, and reliable person to work with but she is also an amazing artist. We described the look we were going for without picking out specific flowers and she executed it perfectly! We couldn't be happier!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 7/17/16, 3 Reviews
4.7

Kim is a true artist. She executed my daughters vision beautifully. She helped us last minute when venue needed to move ceremony indoors. She incorporated decor we supplied with her flower pieces flawlessly. And she used such depth and character in each unique piece we had. Beautiful! She is even helping us get a replacement bouquet after I ruined the brides when I tried to dry it. Thank you Kim. Master of Decor!

Profile Picture User2803120, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Kimberly and her staff from Red Rose and Lavender did an amazing job transforming the venue for our wedding. She listened to all of our requests and made the adjustments we asked for throughout the planning process.

Both our ceremony and reception took place at the Metropolitan Building (in Long Island City, NYC), and so we required the space to be "flipped over" from the ceremony setup to the reception tables. We were extremely pleased with how well Kimberly met our needs and coordinated with the catering staff to ensure a smooth transition. Our guests raved to us about how beautiful the flower and candle arrangements were, and about how gorgeous the decorated huppah was for the ceremony. Her flower arrangements, bridal bouquets and boutonnieres were beautifully understated and natural compositions we couldn't be more pleased with. I would definitely recommend Kimberly to anyone looking for beautiful wedding decor.

Profile Picture Laurie, 11/14/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements

Kimberly and her team at Rose Red and Lavender did an incredible job for my Halloween wedding. They transformed my parent's NJ golf club and driving range into a fall oasis of funky and beautiful flowers - which is just what i wanted. Kimberly understood my vision perfectly and was flexible with some last minute requests. She even went out to the space in her own time beforehand to see it, which was unnecessary and very generous of her. I didn't want to use a generic florist and these designs were so unique. I had several people at the wedding comment that they were the most beautiful wedding flowers they'd seen and they asked if I would share her contact information. Thank you Kimberly!

Profile Picture Tricia, 10/31/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Red Rose and Lavender was great! They did my bouquet and family flowers for a great price. I wanted to succulents in my bouquet so that I could plant them later and they were the only place around that did want to charge me an arm and a leg to do it.

Profile Picture User6042059, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages

I had such a great experience working with Kimberly and her team at Rose Red & Lavender.
From the moment that my husband and I met with Kimberly we knew she was the one we wanted to work with. We did our due diligence and met with several other florists but it was clear that none of them would be able to streamline our ideas into a clear cut vision as well as she could. She just made us feel really at ease.
As the wedding approached and we started communicating much more often I felt totally comfortable about making certain decisions after talking it over with her. She has a great eye and it reflects in her work.
I didn't include my mother in the original meeting with Kimberly, and I regretted it afterwards. I told Kimberly that I really wanted to wow my parents because of this (and because my father is an avid cactus collector we needed to include succulents), and sure enough she delivered. My dad was a fan of the little potted cacti and my mother thought everything was absolutely stunning.
The ring bearer pillow was the cutest little moss covered creation I had ever seen. Working with Red Rose & Lavender was one of the best decisions we made for the wedding and I recommend them to anyone.

Profile Picture Liz, 10/3/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Kimberly and her team were great! We had a small wedding and I was having some trouble even getting responses from certain florists after I conveyed our budget. I spoke with out venue coordinator and she immediately recommended Red Rose and Lavender. I met with Kimberly and loved everything about the shop in Brooklyn. She had a great vibe and was very accommodating with our budget. She also knew our venue (Housingworks Bookstore Cafe) very well and could offer specific suggestions on decorations and things like number of votives we needed. I sent her a link to a pinterest page with ideas I had for flowers and she turned it into a mood board that she sent about a month before the wedding. I told her what I liked and didn't and she adjusted accordingly. It was a great process. On the day of, the bouquets and personals were delivered to our apartment where we were getting ready on time. And once we arrived at the venue, everything looked amazing. The team has such a great eye for the venue and did a great job. I'd highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Revi, 8/15/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I recently had my wedding ceremony and reception, and I picked this florist for my wedding among other florists. I found this florist when I saw flower decoration for wedding at Brooklyn Winery and liked it. They use wild flowers and succulent plants in arrangement and bouquet, so i thought it was unique. Yet, still fancy and elegant.

I made an appointment with Kimberly and visited the shop for the first time. The shop is little, but cozy. Their decoration is interesting. There are a outside space behind the shop area and there are more plants. It is like a secret space. If you keep going, you will find their office. They were under renovation when I visited early July.

Kimberly's office is a relaxing space. I think it was relaxing because of Kimberly's personality, too. She has warm atmosphere. She sent I and my fiance estimate immediately. She responded for our request when we asked her to adjust the pricing. We really appreciate it.
After paying deposit, Kimberly e-mailed me a mood board which showed the idea of arrangement and coloring. That was helpful to know how flowers will be prepared on my wedding in advance.

On the wedding day, the bouquet was made elegantly. I picked birch tree arch decoration for the ceremony and we stood in front of the birch tree. The tree was decorated with beautiful white flowers and that was elegant and romantic. Table flower arrangements were in fancy wood box and glass vases. We gave out the arrangement including wood boxes and vases to guests as they leave. They loved to take them home as a souvenir. I am sure their family at home enjoyed the arrangements, too.

Profile Picture Hatsumi, 7/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Flowers were beautiful. Really understood my style. Was willing to work with my found items.

Profile Picture User5575895, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

While I wasn't initially excited about wedding flowers, they ended up being one of the favorite aspects of my wedding. Kimberly and her team managed to create a magical vibe at BBG's Palm House by making my dream of flowers floating through the air come true. It was incredible and one of the things people continue to remark on. She worked within my budget to do so and gave great advice along the way. We did have some disconnect between our initial meeting and what appeared on the vision board much closer to the wedding. If I had the ability to have the vision board in hand after the initial meeting (rather than weeks before the wedding), it would have made the process less stressful. I would encourage anyone else working with RRL to request that. All in though, they go above and beyond and do amazing work!

Profile Picture User5575855, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements

Red Rose and Lavender did an amazing job with the flowers for my wedding
Kimberly really listened to what I was looking for and her execution was much higher than my expectations. She was very easy to work with and incorporated extra details into my bouquet as per my request. I knew once I met with Kimberly that she had the same style as me and would do an amazing job - she did not fall short!

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/26/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Non-Floral, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements

The Rose Red Lavender team did an incredible job with the bouquets and boutonnieres. They were original yet stunning, exactly what I wanted!

Profile Picture Amanda , 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Rose Red & Lavender was amazing to work with! I had some ideas coming into our first meeting to talk about what we wanted, but I was also unclear on a few other things. Kimberly was able to read my mind - and understood immediately exactly what my vision was, and how to flesh out the ideas I was vague on. When I look at pictures from the ceremony (RR&L did our chuppah), the flowers definitely stand out as one of the most beautiful components! My bouquet was so gorgeous we had it preserved (it is now on a shelf in our living room so we can see it every day). Every detail was perfect. I highly recommend using them as a vendor - worth ever penny!

Profile Picture Dora, 5/31/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Table Arrangements

Kimberly of Rose Red & lavender is a talented and professional florist/decorator. To this day, our guests still rave about her arrangements and decor. She has an artistic depth in her work that we were not able to find in five previous decorators we spoke to. Wholeheartedly recommended!

Profile Picture Gene, 9/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

The flowers and decor were everything I asked for and more. I had a lot of trouble putting my ideas into words, but Rose Red & Lavender was able to make sense of my random thoughts and provide me with exactly what I was looking for. I couldn't have been happier!

Profile Picture Meghan, 9/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Kimberly stood out from all the other florists I interviewed, both in terms of value (highly cost-effective) as well as she completely listened and understood my vision for the event.
She was also very flexible and accommodating on my specific and unique requests as it was a Chinese-Jewish theme. I am so grateful to her and her highly knowledgable team for doing my rehearsal dinner and wedding ceremony/reception. They were very willing to work within my budget. I got so many compliments on my chuppah, my flowers, my decorations, and would recommend them to everyone without reservation. She is super talented and professional and has extraordinary vision on how to create a beautiful event.

Profile Picture User4676865, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
4.7

Kimberly really was a joy and easy to work with. As a bride without a "color scheme" I asked her to come to the venue and go from there. With very little guidance from me she created a beautiful, rustic, and lush flower concept that enhanced the space and gave the whole day a touch of elegance. Trust her and she will execute a brilliant vision, even if you're unsure of exactly what you want.

Profile Picture Maya, 8/31/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

The floral arrangements were incredibly beautiful and hit the aesthetic I was going for right on the nose. When I walked into the main party space I literally gasped. The team even added small unexpected touches that transformed the room into something that felt like it was made special just for our day. The price was extremely reasonable compared to other places I researched and the final product was far beyond the cookie-cutter flowers you see at many weddings. I had a few issues in the beginning getting timely responses, but honestly it didn't even matter to me because I loved the flowers so very much. They truly were one of my favorite elements of the day (and I didn't think I would be into flowers at all!). I would recommend in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture User4717275, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Flowers and arrangements were done beautifully and the price was super reasonable. I have no background in flowers and colors, etc and she was able to give me exactly what I wanted just after one conversation about style and taste. It was a beautiful and easy process.

Profile Picture User4677002, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Kim at RR&L is truly a master of her craft. When I first sat down and met Kim for the first time, we talked a lot about what I wanted in our decor and flowers, and what kind of vibe I wanted our wedding to have. I showed her my Pinterest boards and she showed me the shop's boards and examples; looking back now, I didn't give her all that much to go on . . .

And when my wedding day arrived, her creative genius and knowledge of her craft really shined through in every single aspect of what she produced for our wedding. Kim has a very unique process that may not be for everyone. If you really want to control the flowers/decor, and see preview set-ups and all of that nonsense, then Rose Red and Lavender may not be the best choice for you. But if you want insanely beautiful flowers, a warm and inviting environment at your wedding, and a person (and team) who are passionate and excited about what they do, then Kim and this shop are for you!

Kim and her team created the most beautiful atmosphere for our wedding. First off, our bridal party bouquets and boutonnieres were perfect, and my bouquet was absolutely stunning (made from hydrangea, ranuculus, trick, succulents, garden roses, and anemones, for our fall wedding)! She also created a beautiful variety of small and large center pieces, vignettes of bittersweet vines and lemon leaves with candles in all our venue's enormous windows, and an amazing alter-scape for our actual wedding ceremony. The colors, textures, and style of flowers was exactly what I wanted and described to Kim, and everyone kept commenting on what a beautiful and warm space our wedding was in -- Not to mention, what a sweet and warm person Kim is herself! Highly recommend this florist if you're getting married in the NYC area!

Profile Picture Meaghan, 10/11/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Kimberly at Rose Red and Lavender was a joy to work with. I looked at many other Brooklyn florists before making my decision, but decided to go with RRL as Kimberly was very responsive, gave me loads of helpful advice (I didn't really know much about weddings or flowers) and just a really lovely person. She'd also worked with my reception venue (Frankies) before so I felt comfortable leaving all the decisions in her hands. When I saw the flowers on my wedding day, i was over the moon. They were even more beautiful than I had anticipated, and she'd done a wonderful job in using all my favourite colours to create something whimsical, beautiful and different. She'd also created me a beautiful hairpiece out of rose and jasmine which smelled divine.

Profile Picture Ellie, 9/15/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Red Rose and Lavender provided flowers and candles for my wedding on Sept 14 2013. Kim, the owner, is very sweet, and knows her flowers. It truly was amazing how she was able to translate my vision, just based on discussions and a few pics and swatches, to the wedding ceremony and reception decor. The flowers were romantic and whimsical and I would recommend her for any bride to be.

Profile Picture claudia, 9/14/13, 2 Reviews