Rose Hill Plantation Reviews

Rose Hill Plantation 5
Rose Hill Plantation 6
Rose Hill Plantation 7

Jessica Herndon · Married on 10/08/2019

Beautiful setting with superior service

We had our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception at Rose Hill in August and we could not have asked for a better experience. The setting is absolutely stunning and the staff make sure every detail is perfect.

Sent on 10/13/2019

Rose Hill Plantation's reply:

We LOVED being a part of your beautiful wedding weekend! It was a perfect day for a perfect couple!

Mary Vigna · Married on 04/27/2019

Phenomenal!

WOW!!! ROSE HILL IS ALL YOU NEED FOR YOUR WEDDING!! This venue is first class! Absolutely everything you need to make your wedding dream come true. The grounds are fantastic and offer so many gorgeous photo opportunities. The staff at Rose Hill is phenomenal. Nicole, the wedding sales manager, is the best. Planning a wedding is stressful, but Nicole kept spreadsheets and numbers and any other information at the ready. She made time to get to know us and made us feel that our event was the only one that mattered at Rose Hill. She is fantastic at her job! The chef is outstanding! From our rehearsal dinner menu to the sit-down dinner menu for the wedding - all of it was fantastic and delicious! So many guests commented on the food! The entire day was a fairytale and Rose Hill was a huge part of that! I don't know why anyone would get married anywhere else - this place is a dream - IN EVERY WAY!!

Sent on 05/08/2019
    Rose Hill Plantation 8

Rose Hill Plantation's reply:

Oh Mary, you were a dream to work with! We loved being a part of Allison and Brandon's special day! We love what we do and take so much pride in our work. Thank you for leaving this sweet review! I will miss planning with you! xoxo Nicole
  • Kirsten

Kirsten Castro · Married on 03/31/2019

Amazing Venue & Food!

We are glad we chose to host our wedding at Rose Hill Plantation. Family and guests loved the venue and food. Service was great. The servers were very attentive and made sure we had food even during the photographs. It was also great working with Nicole on the event details and menu choices.

Sent on 04/20/2019
    Rose Hill Plantation 9
    Rose Hill Plantation 10
    Rose Hill Plantation 11

Rose Hill Plantation's reply:

Thank you for letting us be a part of yours and Javier's wedding! It was a beautiful day for such a perfect couple! You were a joy to work with! :)

Miranda · Married on 10/13/2018

They went above and beyond for our wedding! When our rehearsal dinner location lost power the day of our dinner Rose Hill pulled together a great dinner in a day! The day of the wedding was absolutely perfect! Nicole was such a big help from day one. Anything we needed she was there!! I would recommend this venue to anyone getting married. I can’t say how many times I heard how beautiful the location was and how AMAZING the food was!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Rose Hill Plantation's reply:

We LOVED being a part of yours and Sean's wedding day! You were such a pleasure to work with! It was a perfect day and the most PERFECT WEATHER! Wow! Cheers to a lifetime of happiness!

Taylor · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing amazing!

I have no words for how amazing Rose Hill and the staff is. We owe so much thanks to Nicole, Walter and the rest of the staff for making sure our day went off without a hitch. From the very beginning, Nicole was there to answer any questions and walk along with us every step of the way. She has such a fun, bubbly personality that makes finding your wedding venue a dream come true. They truly have everything under control and down to a science. The venue itself has so many different locations for your rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception. There is something for everyone at Rose Hill. The food was AMAZING. Hands down the best food we have ever had at a wedding. We had so many guests tell us how great the food was. Our guests are STILL talking about the food. We are just so glad that we chose Rose Hill as our wedding venue. Rose Hill was the first wedding decision we made and it was the best decision we made. I highly recommend going to visit Rose Hill to see what they have to offer. Make sure you take your checkbook since you probably won't leave there without booking your wedding date!!

Sent on 01/02/2019

Rose Hill Plantation's reply:

We think you and Grayson are pretty AMAZING yourselves! ;) We LOVED working with you and the entire family. It was a fun and beautiful wedding weekend! Please tell Randal (FOB) he has some killer dance moves! ;) Best Wishes!!
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 07/14/2018

We are so incredibly grateful for Rose Hill Plantation. Rose Hill is truly a little slice of heaven in North Carolina. If you are looking for Southern Charm paired with Southern Hospitality, you will not regret selecting Rose Hill Plantation for your wedding/event. Our situation is quite unique as to how Rose Hill Plantation became our wedding venue. Our original venue had unfulfilled promises in regards to the completion of their event space and their unwillingness to work with us on specific wedding details that ultimately led us to seek out another venue. We went to tour Rose Hill Plantation on July 3rd and I immediately fell in love. The historic house along with the numerous, well-manicured ceremony locations are breathtakingly gorgeous. Rose Hill truly has everything you could possibly ever want and more for a wedding/event. I was heartbroken when I learned another event had booked our wedding date on the same day that we toured Rose Hill; it was the only time throughout our wedding planning process that I cried. After continued difficulties with our original venue, 2 days before our wedding, Rose Hill Plantation miraculously was able to coordinate with the scheduled event so that both events could take place on July 14th. I am so overwhelmed with gratitude that Rose Hill Management went out for their way for a bride they had never met. Rose Hill Plantation's Management and Staff are truly amazing. Everything about our wedding day was perfect; truly a dream come true. There was so much excitement and happiness surrounding our wedding day which is all that a bride and groom could ever want. We are still getting compliments from guests about the beauty of Rose Hill Plantation and their exquisite in-house catering. There are not enough words to express my gratitude for Rose Hill Plantation's Management and Staff. Thank you Rose Hill Plantation for being the perfect setting for our wedding day. You could even say Rose Hill Plantation gave me my fairytale beginning

Sent on 09/16/2018
    Rose Hill Plantation 16
    Rose Hill Plantation 17
    Rose Hill Plantation 18

Rose Hill Plantation's reply:

Thank you for entrusting in us to be a part of your wedding day! The wedding was absolutely stunning! No one could have ever guessed it was pulled off in just 2 days! We sure had an amazing team of vendors to help pull off such a incredible day. Best Wishes to you and Adam!

Jena · Married on 06/16/2018

Rose Hill was a beautiful place to get married at. They answered all our questions in a timely manner and worked hard to meet everything we wanted. Rose Hill and their staff helped make our wedding day the best day ever! I highly recommend Rose Hill to anyone!!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Rose Hill Plantation's reply:

Thank you Jena! You and your mom Kim were such a joy to work with! It was a stunning wedding for such a sweet couple! Best Wishes to you and Reid!

Erika · Married on 05/19/2018

Seriously can not say enough great things about Rose Hill Plantation. It was everything I would expect my wedding venue to be and more. From the majestic lake side gazebo to the grand ballroom with amazing food, everything made my wedding the royal wedding I always dreamed it would be.

Sent on 07/13/2018
    Rose Hill Plantation 19

Rose Hill Plantation's reply:

Oh how we loved every detail of your wedding! Definitely a Royal Wedding for two of the sweetest people! Thank for letting Rose Hill be a part of your day! Best Wishes to you and Josh!

Ashley · Married on 05/11/2018

Everything was beautiful! Love the house. Nicole was great helped me every step of the way!

Sent on 05/25/2018
    Rose Hill Plantation 20

Rose Hill Plantation's reply:

The pleasure was all ours! Best wishes to you and Jason!

Destiney · Married on 03/25/2018

I wouldn't have wanted to get married anywhere else! Guests still are talking about how beautiful the venue was!

Sent on 08/08/2018
    Rose Hill Plantation 26
    Rose Hill Plantation 27
    Rose Hill Plantation 28

Rose Hill Plantation's reply:

We were honored to be a part of your day! Thanks so much for the review Destiney! Best Wishes to you and Bradley!

Samantha · Married on 03/24/2018

I cannot thank Rose Hill enough for making our dream wedding come true! The venue, staff, food, decor, EVERYTHING was perfect! I wouldn't have changed a thing, even the rain on our day. Nicole and Walter were so helpful and patient through the process. They answered all of our questions, were very accommodating and made sure everything went according to plan. On the day of our wedding, I knew there wasn't anything we needed to worry about and I am truly thankful for that.

Thank you again to everyone! I wish there were reasons for us to come back. We are already talking about having a big party for our 5-year anniversary in the Smoke House just so we can be there again!

Sent on 08/09/2018

Rose Hill Plantation's reply:

You were such a joy to work with! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your day! We would LOVE for you to come back for a 5 year anniversary party. Best Wishes to you and Chris!

Bethany · Married on 12/09/2017

I would not have wanted to have my wedding reception anywhere else!!! Rose Hill Plantation is a dream- from Nicole (the sales manager), to their chef, to their accommodations and shooting range on the property- there is no place like Rose Hill! I booked Rose Hill for my wedding reception on 11/29/16 for our wedding date of 12/9/17. A few months later I provided Nicole with a guest estimation, and meal choice. We chose the plated meal option and I HIGHLY recommend going this route vs buffet. I received so many compliments on the food from my guests that I lost track. We chose the fillet mignon, brick pressed chicken, and the vegetable napoleon. They were so flexible as I wanted sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes with the fillet, as my family grows sweet potatoes and it is the top grown crop in the county. Nicole was very responsive through all my many emails and last minute questions. She provided so many great ideas and am so grateful we had her to work with! After my final guest count was in (1 week prior to the event) I knew we could eliminate a table. Nicole suggested we incorporate an escort table for my guests with the extra space and I love that we did! That is just one example of a suggestion Nicole made that we loved!

Getting ready in the Manor House was also a huge part of our wedding day. The women got ready upstairs (me and my sister spent the night there the night prior) and the men got ready downstairs in the gentleman's room, complete with pool table, poker, and plenty of mounted game. It was the perfect backdrop for all our photos. We also had our first look on the front porch of the Manor House. So magical!

I loved spending my whole wedding day at Rose Hill and recommend you do the same!! See a few pictures from our special day!

Sent on 12/31/2017
    Rose Hill Plantation 34
    Rose Hill Plantation 35
    Rose Hill Plantation 36

Rose Hill Plantation's reply:

Bethany, the pleasure was truly all ours! You were such a joy to work with and your wedding day was absolutely stunning. Best Wishes to you and Grayson!

Terry · Married on 10/07/2017

We could not have asked for a more beautiful venue or accommodating staff. A rain shower came through right before the start of our daughter's wedding. Once it stopped they had every available staff member drying off seats and they turned it around in 10 minutes. My daughter was so impressed! Nicole worked to make sure every detail was just as we had planned and we heard from several guests that the food was the best they had ever had. A dream wedding come true!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Rose Hill Plantation's reply:

Thanks so much, Terry! Yes, we will do whatever it takes to insure the perfect day for our brides. Sometimes that means quickly drying off every chair right after a brief rainstorm so we can continue that picturesque ceremony outdoors. We loved being a part of this wedding! Best of wishes to the new Mr. and Mrs.!

Sarah · Married on 09/09/2017

Everything was perfect. The establishment is simply beautiful. Everyone there was great to work with. Could not have chosen a more perfect place.

Sent on 09/18/2017

Rose Hill Plantation's reply:

Thanks Sarah! The pleasure was truly all ours!

Sally · Married on 06/17/2017

Awesome! Can't say enough about the beauty of Rose Hill and professionalism of all the staff. So helpful and accomodating of every need. They moved a rained out outdoor ceremony(one hour before) to inside beautiful Nathan Hall in a flash and so seamlessly. No hitches...everything you would expect from a professionally trained staff. Food was delicious too! If you want to enjoy your wedding and let someone else worry about "day of" details and logistics then consider Rose Hill. It was a beautiful weekend. We were so glad there was an inside option in case of rain! Love, love, love this venue and the staff! (mother of bride)

Sent on 07/21/2017

Rose Hill Plantation's reply:

Rain or Shine it was a stunning wedding day! We loved being a part of your wedding and all the days leading up to it. You were a joy to plan with!
    Cheers to a lifetime of happiness, Sally and Alston!

Julie · Married on 05/20/2017

Our experience at Rose Hill was beyond amazing! We arrived Friday afternoon and did not want to leave Sunday! From our first visit to clean-up was just perfect! Nicole was outstanding to plan with, always making sure our questions were answered and we had everything we needed. The food was scrumptious! Having been to many weddings at a lot of different venues, I have never had food come close to being as delicious as this! Our guests are still talking about it! The bridesmaids stayed at the house Friday night and were treated like princesses! The groomsmen met there Saturday morning and enjoyed a day of skeet shooting, pool and lunch before getting ready for the ceremony. It is the perfect venue for a southern wedding! So thankful we chose Rose Hill for our special day!

Sent on 01/04/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 04/29/2017

Absolutely breathtaking venue with spectacular food and service. Rose Hill Plantation is truly a hidden gem. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Rose Hill Plantation's reply:

Thanks Elizabeth! We are thankful you let us be a part of your wedding day!

Samantha · Married on 04/22/2017

For our wedding, we wanted an outdoor ceremony, a place with a good back up plan in case of rain (because it is NC), and great food. From reviews on Wedding Wire and other sites, it was clear Rose Hill came highly rated. Upon visiting in person, it was beautiful and would provide us with great outdoor photo opportunities. We met with Nicole, who is extremely nice and professional.

Rose Hill has three normal ceremony spots (The front of the manor, the gazebo in front of the pond, or the pecan grove), but anywhere in the plantation can be used. We chose an unconventional location, but it rained the day of the wedding (only during the 45 minute ceremony time), so thank goodness Rose Hill has a great back up plan. The ceremony was moved into the reception hall which was prepared so that immediate family was sat up front, while all other guests were at their assigned tables. We were lucky the rain stopped by the end of the ceremony so we could walk the grounds for photos; however, Rose Hill was more than willing to allow us back for wedding photos had the rain continued.

Rose Hill prepares all food onsite (outside caterers are not allowed). We were initially nervous about selecting Rose Hill since we were under the impression we could not taste the food until after booking the venue. Upon tasting, there was no reason to be nervous, and the reviews were absolutely correct in regards to the food. It was fantastic! From the mac & cheese, the raspberry and brie filo-tart hors d'oeuvre, the ginger beer smoked pork loin, and every other item, the food was perfectly prepared. We have tried various local caterers, and they do not compare. For us, we wanted great food at the wedding and we are glad we spent the money to make that happen.

All of our guests were impressed and in awe at Rose Hill. The place is gorgeous, the staff is courteous, and the food is phenomenal. We cannot give Rose Hill enough praise.

Sent on 05/12/2017

Haley · Married on 04/20/2017

Rose Hill could not have been a more PERFECT location for our wedding. Everything and I mean everything, was amazing. The venue is beautiful in all aspects. The food was literally some of the best I have ever had, my husband and I and our guests were blown away at how good it was. And the staff were incredible. Nicole always responded in a very timely manner and had an answer for every question my crazy, OCD mind could think of. The servers during our reception were also amazing, they were so kind and took care of our every need. I wish I could do it all over again just to experience this venue one more time. I HIGHLY recommend Rose Hill plantation!!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Kirstie · Married on 03/25/2017

There are truly no words to express how wonderful this venue was to us. Our wedding was perfect. Friends, families, and strangers who have seen our pictures still compliment me on the perfection that was our wedding. Nicole was so knowledgable and made everything so easy. The food was AMAZING! It was a fairytale. It was better than we could have ever dreamed.

Sent on 07/13/2017

Jordyn · Married on 11/19/2016

When we were first looking for a venue, there were so many venues online to look at, how do you pick one? We went and visited a couple, even put a deposit down on one of them. Then we saw Rose Hill Plantation. We fell in love with it as soon as you drive through the entrance way. It is breathtaking. We cancelled our other venue and decided to go with Rose Hill. Being from up north, I wanted something different and something that would WOW all of my relatives. It did just that! My family and friends could not stop raving about the wedding during and after. It was gorgeous! It was fall weather, a little chilly, but an amazing sunset. This would not have been possible without Nicole at Rose Hill! She helped me every step of the way. She answered a million questions from me and my mom and never once seemed annoyed. She seemed so happy to help and make our day perfect! Book this venue! If you want something to WOW your guests and something they will be speaking about for years to come, then book this venue and work with Nicole! I wish I could go back and do it all again :)

Sent on 12/19/2016

Lindsey · Married on 10/22/2016

We wanted a venue that gave us something no other venue in Raleigh could... classic elegance, exclusivity, space, accommodation and exquisite food. So, with Rose Hill only being 30ish minutes away... it was a no brainer. Our guests RAVED about the venue, but we already knew they would. The scenery, the cocktail hour, the FOOD... it was everything we wanted and more & we could not be happier with the service we received.

Sent on 12/09/2016

Jacquelyn · Married on 10/15/2016

Getting married at Rose Hill Plantation was a dream come true - the property, service, and food all were perfect! The tree-lined driveway is iconic, the manor house is classically beautiful, the lawn is immaculately kept, and the service is even better than the property itself! My mom and I planned my wedding down to the tiniest detail and Nicole could not have been better in helping us! She answered every single question we emailed for the entire year prior to the big day (no matter how ridiculous!) and never got aggravated or annoyed with anything all while even planning her own wedding! She organized my bridal portraits at the property, scheduled and attended our food tasting, and executed the wedding of our dreams! The food at Rose Hill can't even be described - it's just too good! The staff at Rose Hill was incredible. The memory that jumps to my mind was when we got to dance with them at the end of the night as a way to say thank you for all of their hard work!

Sent on 11/11/2017
    Rose Hill Plantation 37
    Rose Hill Plantation 38
    Rose Hill Plantation 39
    Rose Hill Plantation 40
    Rose Hill Plantation 41
    Rose Hill Plantation 42

Rose Hill Plantation's reply:

Jacquelyn, the pleasure was truly all ours! You were such a joy to work with throughout the entire process! Your wedding day was absolutely stunning. Best Wishes to you and Hunter!

Amy · Married on 07/16/2016

Rose Hill Plantation was the perfect choice for my wedding! My husband and I knew we needed to move quickly after our engagement in order to choose a wedding venue, so please note that they will be booked quickly in about a year in advance if you are looking for a Saturday wedding. Nicole was my contact person and she was amazing. I know I probably sent her tons of emails and she was always there to answer each of my questions in detail. Toward the wedding time she even organized a day of timeline with a breakdown of pricing. This was super helpful! When my husband and I visited the location, Walter was also very helpful to us. Our chosen ceremony location was the gazebo and Walter made sure to suggest that we keep an eye on the level of the sun about a year out from our wedding date...this way we could choose a ceremony time where our guests wouldn't have the sun in their faces. This venue also has a rain option so no need to rent a tent (which those can be super expensive). Everything about the place is gorgeous...the landscaping, house, reception location. All of our guests commented on how beautiful the place was and how amazing the food is. The on-site chef was amazing! His hors d'oeuvres were mouth watering and the food was outstanding. In fact, when my husband and I went for our tasting I almost got teary-eyed from how good the crab cakes were! Don't worry about missing out on having the hors d'oeuvres the day of...during the cocktail hour/picture time, Rose Hill had waiters there to give us hors d'oeuvres and drinks (I don't think I've heard of that happening anywhere else). Rose Hill also works closely with the rental company, Party Reflections and this made everything run super smoothly. When we were trying to choose other vendors for our wedding, Nicole gave us a list of preferred vendors. She also had wonderful suggestions for on-site hair and makeup. Thank you Nicole, Walter and the Rose Hill staff for helping with our special day!

Sent on 08/14/2016

Tammy · Married on 07/06/2016

We are from the Raleigh, NC area and looked at many venues in the Raleigh, Durham and Wake Forest areas. My daughter wanted a venue for an outside wedding with a backup plan if we had to move inside because of bad weather. Rose Hill Plantation had it all and was the perfect place. From the very first phone call Nicole Marion worked so hard to make her wedding day a true fairy tale wedding!! Nicole was always accommodating and such a sweetheart to work with making this whole wedding process so easy. The facility is truly amazing and is a one stop venue. We were able to host the Rehearsal Dinner, Wedding, and Reception all in one place. Our guests came as faraway as Norway and said it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended. Although there were many wonderful attendants during the Rehearsal Dinner and Wedding there are a few that I would like to recognize.
    1) Nicole Marion is so professional and puts everyone at ease with her sweet personality. I cannot thank her enough for all her help! She is AWESOME!!
    2) Steve was there from the moment my Director and I got there to decorate before the Rehearsal Dinner until we left at 11:00 p.m. after the Wedding reception. What a true gentleman and asset he is!!
    3) Dawn was just amazing! I just loved her personality and she was such a hard worker throughout the Rehearsal Dinner and the Wedding making sure everyone was taken care of!! I just love her and she will forever hold a special place in my heart!!

Rose Hill Plantation is truly a gem!!!

Sent on 07/19/2016