Rosamond Gifford Zoo Reviews

15 | Syracuse, NY

15 Reviews for Rosamond Gifford Zoo

Bailey · Married on 09/08/2018

Brittany and Alyssa were amazing to work with! Brittany responded very quickly to any questions that came up over the year prior to our wedding. They were very friendly and easy to work with. The food was excellent; all the guests constantly told us how delicious it was! The venue was perfect for what we were looking for. It suited us perfectly and had great areas for good photos. I would highly recommend the zoo to anyone!

Sent on 09/17/2018
  • Maggie

Maggie · Married on 08/17/2018

The Zoo was amazing. The food was excellent, the environment was perfect. The staff worked really hard to make our vision of the room a reality. Brittany was great to work with. And we came in under budget! I can't recommend it highly enough.

Sent on 09/11/2018

Angela · Married on 08/11/2018

This is a beautiful place to get married! The patio was stunning, the courtyard impressive (thanks for supplying a beautiful sunset), the inner zoo and Wagon the Eurasian Eagle Owl brought happiness, and the banquet room looked gorgeous Brittany and her team were amazing to work with and the food was delicious. We are so very happy we chose Rosamond Gifford Zoo. Fabulous!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Jeff · Married on 07/21/2018

From start to finish, the event coordinators at the zoo were extremely friendly, professional, and helpful with us planning our big day. To be honest, when we first considered the zoo, I had hesitations, with it being a non-traditional location. However, when we visited and met with Julie and Brittany, I immediately felt comfortable with them, and the ceremony/reception spaces at the zoo are amazing. Our wedding was on the small side (approx. 65 guests) and we were able to have our ceremony on the patio/garden area off of the reception hall which was beautiful. The event managers were so helpful with little decisions and details throughout the entire planning process, and they even had a list of preferred vendors (DJ, photographer, etc) who have done a great job at the zoo before. This made our decision making process very easy as we already had a list of companies to choose from. Additionally, the zoo has their own internal catering service which handles the bar, hors d'oeuvres, and dinner service. When we went in for the tasting, we were completely blown away with the quality of the food. The fact that we did not have to go and try several different caterers made our lives even easier! On the big day, the buffet was excellent, and all of our food came out exactly as we had hoped.
    On our wedding day, Brittany (event manager) was around all day long and available with any questions. She personally oversaw our vendors setting up and made sure that our tables decor and signage was all exactly how we wanted it. In the moments leading up to the ceremony, Brittany and her staff were all present and made sure that our guests had everything that they needed. After the ceremony, and for the remainder of the night, we could not have asked for more from the zoo staff who were all friendly and helpful! I'm out of characters but could list more compliments, everything was perfect!

Sent on 08/04/2018

Amanda · Married on 07/13/2018

It was so much fun see everyones expression of wow your getting married at the zoo. But not only that it was beautiful new ballroom and patio ceremony area. The catering was so much more than the food they were like having a wedding planner. I didn’t have to lift a finger. The food was so delishious. I wish I could go there as for a date night dinner. Truly made our wedding a fairytale

Sent on 08/07/2018

M · Married on 09/09/2017

The zoo was an amazing wedding venue! From the beautiful outdoor ceremony space, to the reception food, setup, and outdoor patio, the entire day was truly the "best day ever." Julie and Brittany went above and beyond, were continuously available and profession through the entire almost 2 year planning process. I seriously can't say enough about it all. I sincerely recommend this venue! Plus, the in house catering through Catering At The Zoo is wonderful. Ps- rent the indoor zoo if you use this venue. Our guests loved it!

Sent on 09/23/2017

Megan · Married on 09/03/2016

I loved absolutely everything about my ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Melissa was there every step of the way! It was perfect from beginning to end!

Sent on 09/17/2016

We had our rehearsal dinner here and it was amazing! We got to walk around some of the zoo and tons of fun. The food was great as well!

Sent on 07/22/2016
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 06/27/2015

There is only one way to describe our wedding at the Rosamond Gifford Zoo - Perfect. The venue is gorgeous (and affordable!), the staff were friendly & attentive and the food was excellent. The event manager was present the whole night to make sure everything went smoothly. I have been to several wedding and have never seen a buffet service go so quickly and smoothly. Several of my guests told me it was the best wedding they have ever been to!

On a side note, we rented the indoor zoo for our guests to wander around while the bridal party took pictures. It was such a great add-on and was so affordable. Thank you to everyone at the zoo that made my wedding perfect!

Sent on 07/04/2015

Jessica · Married on 09/14/2013

Alicia, Jim and their team at the Rosamond Gifford Zoo helped give us the wedding of my dreams. The lions were even roaring when we said our vows, the whole experience was beyond words. Alicia was there through every step of the process, always willing to answer my questions and help me with any small detail I needed. Several months before we were able to go and do a tasting of some of the menu options to determine what we wanted to offer to our guests, everything we tried was delicious and meeting the chef was an added bonus. They accommodated food allergies and special beer requests without a problem, they were truly there to make the experience everything we wanted. The night of the wedding Jim and the staff were amazing, we received nothing but compliments on both how amazing the food was and the service. Highly recommend the Rosamond Gifford Zoo as a wedding venue, it’s very reasonably priced, and everything about the experience was stellar -best of all its non for profit, so all the proceeds go back to the animals :)

Sent on 10/05/2013

Alicia · Married on 08/18/2012

My husband and I could not have asked for a better wedding experience. Catering at the zoo provided everything we hoped for; friendly and knowledgable staff, great food and very accommodating management. The elephant demonstration was a fun addition to our wedding. We would recommend catering at the zoo as a great venue for any occasion.

Sent on 08/20/2012

Maureen · Married on 10/09/2011

Jim and Alicia were amazing to work with. They met with us multiple times before hand to run through all the details and they answered so many e-mails as well. The day of Alicia took care of everything. All the little details I was freaking out over I handed to her and she made the day perfect. The room looked beautiful, the food was perfect and the ceremony in the court yard was unforgettable. No left hungry and everyone is still talking about what a unique and beautiful wedding it was.

Sent on 12/16/2011

Sarah · Married on 07/02/2011

This vendor was AWESOME! The prices were reasonable and Alicia was an amazing help. All the staff was helpful and accommodating throughout the whole process.... from beginning to the end! Alicia was able to answer any of the questions I had and helped everyone the day of the wedding ceremony. The pictures came out awesome because we were able to have some unique shots that the zoo offered.

Sent on 08/01/2011

Charlene · Married on 09/16/2017

3.5

The Catering at the Zoo team blew it out of the water. The only couple points I took off were for the couple of blips in communication along the way, but everything worked out fine in the end. Julie and Brittany were amazing, as were the waitstaff and bartenders. Absolutely do not hire a day of coordinator because these guys will take care of everything. They even set up everything so my family didn't have to lift a finger. We can't thank the CAZ staff enough. I wish we brought more to tip the staff because we had no idea how many people were helping us pull this off and how hard everyone worked! Everyone is still talking about what a cool venue it was and how much fun they had. Contrary to the other review, our guests LOVED the indoor zoo. It was open the whole cocktail hour for our guests, not sure what happened for the other folks. :(

Sent on 09/18/2017

Rachel · Married on 05/28/2017

Wow! We had such a great wedding here! They only lost a few points because they had a new events planner take over and my emails and phone calls went unanswered for a bit until Julie got back to me. She was so great. The venue was wonderful, Julie was so flexible and the place looked great!

One word to the wise, DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON THE Indoor ZOO! We paid for the zoo to be open till 8 but then they closed it at 630 when our stuff started. Not something we thought of when we paid for everything and we're we're a bit disappointed by that.

Sent on 06/11/2017