Roost Photography Reviews

14 | Waukesha, WI

14 Reviews for Roost Photography

Hailey Quick · Married on 11/16/2019

Beautiful pictures!

Brandon did an amazing job capturing our engagement and wedding. He was very flexible and creates beautiful work. Highly recommended !!

Sent on 12/02/2019
  • Erin

Erin Gosch · Married on 09/28/2019

Choose Brandon, you won't regret it!

My husband and I had Brandon photograph our wedding this September and we couldn’t have been luckier! From the very beginning he was responsive, helpful, and organized which is key when you’re planning such a big event. He even offered to (and did) chauffeur us around on our big day since we decided against renting a party bus. (What a guy!) Not only is Brandon an all-around awesome person to spend a day with, but he’s got the skills to match. Wedding photos are one of the few tangible things you keep from your wedding day so we placed a lot of importance in picking the right photographer. We really admired Brandon’s previous work and when it came to our wedding Brandon did not disappoint! Not only did he capture beautiful photographs we get to show people for the rest of our lives, but he managed to make them look just as magical as the day felt. Thank you, Brandon! We are so grateful.

Sent on 10/24/2019

Roost Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Erin! I LOVED being with you both on your wedding day and capturing all the amazing moments. You and Kevin are amazing humans!
  • Audrey

Audrey · Married on 06/22/2019

Brandon is the BEST. No questions asked!

I cannot speak highly enough about Brandon at Roost Photography. He is the absolute best. Besides his glorious photography skills, my favorite thing about Brandon is his character. He is generous, humble, selfless, and hilarious. He has quickly become one of my favorite people EVER - it was an honor and a privilege to be able to spend time with him on my wedding day. Brandon also made us feel comfortable in front of the camera, which was very important to us. We never felt awkward, uncomfortable, or posed. Brandon also did our engagement photographs which turned out absolutely perfectly. I would 100% recommend Roost Photography over and over again.

Sent on 06/27/2019

Roost Photography's reply:

You and Jon are the Best - I just got to have a front row seat to the amazingness that is your story! Adore you both and am so honored to have been part of your wedding day!
  • Jill

Jill · Married on 03/09/2019

This is the photographer you want for your wedding

We couldn't be happier with our experience having Brandon as our wedding photographer. He has a warm way of connecting with you (and we only met him on our wedding day so that says a lot). We knew from the moment we set up our initial video chat that he was our guy. He's extremely responsive, caring, thorough, and an all-around great guy - all the qualities we were looking for in a photographer. He does a great job of taking into consideration all of the shots on your "wish list" and he sure did deliver for us! His photos made us smile, laugh, and cry they were so touching. We got married in March in Milwaukee so, as you can imagine, the weather was quite cold and we had lots of rain/sleet. That didn't stop Brandon from making sure to get all the photos we were hoping for. He braved all the elements of that day with us and made it enjoyable! Without hesitation, we highly recommend Brandon for any and all of your events.

Sent on 06/18/2019

Roost Photography's reply:

Jill you and Connie are just the best. Thank you so much for letting me part of your special day. I will always remember it - especially the Thai water ceremony - what a great way to celebrate your marriage.

Katie Cox · Married on 09/22/2018

Amazing Work

We selected Roost after careful delineation and we could not be more pleased with the results. Brandon is very talented and extremely easy to work with. We will cherish his work forever!

Sent on 12/03/2018

Nicole · Married on 08/12/2018

Quality photography was the number one most important factor in our wedding planning, and we got exactly that by hiring Brandon of Roost Photography. Brandon was easy to work with from our first consultation, through the whirlwind planning (4 month engagement), for an awesome date night engagement photo session, and clearly-the entire day of the wedding. We never felt like we were just another job to Brandon. We got to know each other, and valued his advice on all things wedding related. We had a couple of non-traditional items in our wedding that have special meaning to us. Brandon picked up on what was important to us and made sure to include all the special items and events. Brandon's passion and skill is evident in his work. We had an incredible wedding day, and now we equally amazing pictures to remember it forever.

Sent on 09/06/2018

Roost Photography's reply:

Thank you Nicole! You and Rob are amazing and I LOVED capturing your wedding and getting to know you both!

Anna · Married on 08/04/2018

Extremely Talented and Thoughtful

My husband and I could not be happier with our choice to hire Brandon of Roost Photography to capture our wedding day. We really wanted the best of the best and we were not disappointed. From the moment we met him, we knew he would be the perfect fit for us.

The photos from our day turned out beautifully. He captured our day in the exact way that we had hoped. The photos of the two of us showed our love for one another and our personalities came through, too. He caught all of the details and special moments - even the one of a post-ceremony chat with Grandma. Every shot is well thought out from the composition, to the angle, to how the light hits the subject just right, to the overall mood. There is an abundant amount of care and attention that goes into each photo and it shows.

Not only is Brandon an extremely talented photographer, but he also is a great presence to have around on such a crazy day. Being in front of a camera can make a lot of people feel awkward, but his direction and calm demeanor made everyone feel at ease.

We would 100% recommend Roost Photography if you're looking for both great quality and care.

Thank you again and again, Brandon!

Sent on 11/04/2018

Roost Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Anna! You and Jordan are such bright lights - I loved getting to know you and photographing your wedding.

Cassandra · Married on 10/21/2017

We couldn't have asked for a better wedding photographer! Brandon was responsive, knowledgeable, personable, and a breeze to work with. In addition to taking wonderful shots of the wedding party and family, Brandon managed to capture all of the little moments throughout our day that we didn't know we missed. Our final wedding album was a true representation of our entire wedding day and all those we celebrated with. Brandon was also super flexible with choosing locations -- we ended up going to a bookstore for a series of shots because we're both avid writers and readers. So fun. All this to say: Book Brandon now! You won't regret it.

Sent on 12/27/2017

Roost Photography's reply:

Thank you so much - Your wedding was so thoughtful in every regard - although I LOVED hitting up the bookstore for wedding party photos. So much fun and perfect for you as a couple!

Ashley · Married on 07/08/2017

Brandon exceeded our expectations every step of the way! He was incredibly organized and made it easy to plan our wedding from out-of-state. Brandon made our entire wedding party so comfortable, helped orchestrate a seamless evening, and delivered gorgeous photographs. Our guests and families were incredibly complementary of Brandon and his work. We would hire him again in a hearbeat

Sent on 09/22/2017

Roost Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Ashley! It was such a honor to be your photographer! I will always remember the way your family does toasts - they were so special and meaningful.

Emily · Married on 07/07/2017

Brandon does amazing work!! He is so talented. Our wedding photos are beautiful. He captured our many emotions throughout the day. He is so kind, fun-loving, and easy to work with. We were really thankful for his clear & knowledgeable direction the entire day. We appreciated how he took the lead on all things related to our photos. He is very professional, yet so personable. We could not have asked for a better photographer for our wedding day! We highly recommend Roost Photography to our (MANY) friends who are in the engagement/marriage season :)

Sent on 09/19/2017

Roost Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Emily! I still think about the how cool your dancing dress and Andy's Trumpet playing were.

Tiffany · Married on 09/15/2016

Best Photographer Ever!

Brandon was outstanding. My husband and I had never taken professional photos prior to our wedding so we opted for the engagement session in addition to day of wedding photos. Brandon was like our long lost best friend from the moment we met him. He made us feel immediately comfortable and gives such great direction. I love his energy, passion, and especially his editing style. We were married at Turner Hall Ballroom and the photos are to die for. They allow me to relive the entire day every time I look through them. They always say to invest in your photos for your wedding because you'll have them forever. I couldn't be happier with our choice to go with Brandon at RoostMKE. He even got us featured with Married in Milwaukee #goals. Thank you, Brandon. I will recommend you to any and everyone I know!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Roost Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Tiffany! I LOVED your wedding so much - and especially getting to know you and Jesse! You two created such a classy day and I was so honored to be part of it!

Brandon has been exceptional in every way! It is clear that his passion for photography is a product of his love for people and marriage. He has shown to truly care for us as a couple and clearly desires to capture this special time in our lives with the highest quality possible. I will be recommending him and Roost Photography to my closest friends.

Sent on 04/05/2016

Melissa · Married on 04/30/2016

Brandon did such a great job with our wedding photos. I am so glad we went with Roost Photography! He met with us several times and planned out every step of the day, and was super flexible and receptive. It rained throughout our wedding day, but Brandon had planned out several beautiful outdoor, covered locations to shoot at so we still got amazing outdoor pictures in spite of the weather. He put us at ease and gave really great directions that made shooting easy and the pictures natural looking. The packages are also a great value. I would truly recommend Roost Photography to anyone.

Sent on 09/08/2016

Angie · Married on 05/20/2017

2.4
      1.5
      3.0

Brandon prefers to work alone (apparently) and completely convinced us he would not need a second shooter for our big day. This did result in missing a few "must" moments, like my groom shaking my dad's hand. We trusted him since he is such a nice guy - but he is a very busy nice guy. Responses are some what slow, and he lets you know just how busy he is with his "double headers." When I asked for additional shots that he may have on his editing room floor, he advised he already gave me the minimum amount in our contract (What!?) I was just looking for those important moments. He did end up giving us about 60 extra photos, but with excuse after excuse as to why he didn't have the ones we asked for. (I was in the way... the bride was in the way... again, what?)
    I wish we would have went with a second shooter. I wish Brandon would bite off what he can chew, not more. Nice guy - but not worth >4k we spent to miss so many moments.

Sent on 08/01/2017