Romanza Music Reviews

129 | South Orange, NJ

129 Reviews for Romanza Music

Caitlin · event on: 11/20/2014

Romanza Music did an amazing job at our VIP event on November 20th! They were so professional from the beginning emailing me to confirm and discuss exactly what I wanted. They were outstanding and all of our guests ranted and raved about them! I wish that I could have them play all the time! Great job! If you are looking for a group that plays classical and modern pop music this is them!

Sent on 11/22/2014

Amanda · Married on 10/25/2014

Because my church didn't have a steady organist, it was left to me to contact musicians on my own. As I started to research musicians, I read so many reviews for Romanza Music, and I did not find a single negative comment! After having a Romanza violinist & cellist at my ceremony, I can understand why there were no negative review, because there's absolutely nothing negative to say about their services! I thought that trying to decide on our playlist, especially with the limits that the Catholic church puts on musical selection, would be very difficult, but Marty made it easy & fun by providing not only recommendations, but also including links to YouTube videos of each song. Our musicians were Barb & Kittie, and although I looked forward to working with Marty directly, I was very pleased with the 2 lovely women he sent (he had a prior obligation the day of our wedding). The music was absolutely beautiful, everything was perfectly timed & flowed well from one song to the next. For our hour ceremony, the price was only slightly more than what our church listed as their "donation" for the organist, and to me personally an organ for a wedding just seemed too "dark" and reminded me more of a funeral, so I was very happy to find a string duo at such a reasonable price. I am 100% satisfied with our service and would recommend Romanza to a friend (and I have a few getting married in the next year or 2, so I actually have recommended 2 friends already)

Sent on 10/31/2014

As a professional musician myself, the task of organizing (and performing) the ceremonial music was given to "our side" of the family. Having had previous experience with Romanza Music, it was an easy call when my future daughter-in-law told my son she wanted strings as a part of the mix. Professional, prompt, thorough are the business attributes that I was affix to Romanza. These do not address the breadth and depth of the musicianship that they bring to the table. Overall, a very pleasant and "head-ache free" experience. Highly recommended.

Sent on 10/19/2014
  • F

Felicia · Married on 10/03/2014

Working with Romanza Music for my wedding was an absolute pleasure! My husband and I hand picked songs both classical and modern and they were more than willing to accommodate and learn whatever we'd like. Quite a few guests commented on how beautiful they sounded too.

Sent on 10/10/2014

Brittany · Married on 09/27/2014

I'm so thankful Marty was recommended to us by our DJ at Sounds to Go. He is a very talented and professional musician and was able to play the wide variety of songs we requested. All of our guests told us that the music played throughout our ceremony was phenomenal and brought tears to everyone's eyes. Marty made our wedding so much more special, without a doubt!

-Brittany and Dave

Sent on 10/05/2014

Christine · Married on 09/27/2014

Romanza played for our wedding ceremony on 9/21/14. From the beginning of our communications, Marty was very responsive and enthusiastic. He helped me a lot with music suggestions - being a musician myself, I didn't want to be too cliche with the ceremony music. He completely understood and gave me some great ideas. When I first heard them playing before I walked down the aisle, I almost completely lost it crying because they sounded so beautiful! I can't wait to get the video to hear more of their amazing playing. I am so happy with everything they did for us from start to finish. If you want classy, elegant, beautiful music for your wedding, do yourself a favor and book Romanza!!

Sent on 10/13/2014

Lucy · Married on 08/30/2014

Marty from Romanza is fantastic and one of the most worry-free vendors I used for my wedding! I booked a string trio for my wedding. Marty is so responsive and friendly and patiently walked me through the various parts of the ceremony and gave me a huge selection of pieces to pick from. When I asked if they could play Butterfly Lovers (a nontraditional Chinese piece) he eagerly accepted even though its busy wedding season and they had never played it before. At the wedding my Juilliard violinist friends demanded to know how I had found strings that could play Western and Chinese music so wonderfully (little did they know Romanza learned the piece for me). Enough said, any bride will be put in great hands with Romanza and Marty! Thank you also for playing so well and entertaining my guests while under the hot sun during my wedding!

Sent on 09/16/2014

Maureen · Married on 07/30/2014

We used Romanza Music as the musical accompaniment to our wedding ceremony. Working with Romanza was one of the most stress-free portions of our big event without a doubt. Marty was very responsive to contacts about the music throughout the process after we engaged, in the months leading up to the ceremony, helping us feel all along that this part of our event planning was on track and in good order. We elected to go with a non-traditional playlist, eschewing traditional wedding classical standards for more contemporary music, but this presented no obstacle to Romanza, who gracefully mastered pieces from stage and screen that were surely not part of their familiar wedding repertoire. On the day, all went as planned, with timely and professional execution during the seating of guests, through the ceremony, and serenading us on our first steps as husband and wife out of the room. A+; well use them again for other events for sure!

Sent on 12/13/2014

Lynn · Married on 07/13/2014

Romanza Music provided beautiful music for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. They promptly responded to our requests and made many suggestions to assist with our decisions. WONDERFUL!

Sent on 07/16/2014

Daniel · event on: 06/08/2014

I hired Marty and Romanza Music for my engagement to my fiance. They were an integral part of making the day and the experience as special as it was; they even flew from New York City to Southampton in order to be there for the occasion! Because the engagement was a surprise, some of the details were not finalized until the day of the proposal, but Marty and Romanza Music were great and accommodated each and every one of my requests. Not only was the music beautiful, but Marty was an absolute pleasure to work with. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 06/19/2014

Excellent musicians who set the perfect tone for our wedding

Sent on 06/03/2014
  • X

Xuxu · Married on 05/10/2014

We hired Romanza Music to play at our wedding ceremony and cocktail hours. They were great! They were very professional, arrived on time and played music according to our requests. Right after we signed the contract. I received a email with a list of music from Romanza Music to help me figure out what to play at our wedding. Through out the 8 month of wedding planning, Romanza Music sent me follow up emails periodically to check on me. I am very satisfied with their service and I highly recommend Romanza Music.

Sent on 05/22/2014

M · Married on 03/02/2014

Excellent - great service, great music!

Sent on 03/27/2014

tom · event on: 12/14/2013

From the first point of contact, Marty was very professional. The musicianship was excellent. They drove two hours in the snow and still were on time. I would highly recommend Romanza music.

Sent on 12/17/2013

Romanza music was a fantastic choice for our ceremony music! Marty was easy to reach, extremely flexible and knowledgeable and really just fantastic! He helped me filter down my song choices when I was overwhelmed and really went out of the way to make my walk down the aisle beautiful.

Sent on 10/28/2013

Kathy · Married on 10/18/2013

I inquired about a violinist only a few weeks before my son's wedding. Martin was quick to respond and quite willing to accommodate all of our needs! I will certainly keep them in mind for future needs!

Sent on 10/23/2013

christy · Married on 10/12/2013

I don't have enough words to describe how wonderful the Musicians were. I am still getting phone calls on how wonderful the music was for my wedding. Would highly recommend Romanza Music to anyone.

Sent on 10/16/2013
  • User3619710 · 2+ years ago

Two of my colleagues recommended Romanza Music to me for my wedding ceremony and I am so grateful they did! The music was beautiful! It was such a pleasure to work with Marty. He was incredibly quick to respond to all of my calls/emails which was much appreciated because anyone who has planned a wedding knows how stressful it can be to wait for a response. Marty called me to confirm all of the details a few days before the wedding, found me post ceremony to say a quick congrats and followed up with a congratulations email. I was exteremly impressed with the service of Romanza Music. I would recommend this service to anyone!

Sent on 10/21/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 09/28/2013

Marty was extremely professional, friendly, flexible, and attentive throughout the wedding process. His music made our ceremony meaningful and added a level of elegance.

Sent on 10/12/2013

kathryn · Married on 09/15/2013

About us:
    Both our ceremony and reception were at the Picnic House in Prospect Park, Brooklyn, on September 15 (2013). We hired Romanza Music to play during the guest arrival and during the ceremony. Our service was indoors, with 120 guests mingling both inside and outside beforehand.

Overall experience:
    These guys are professionals: they arrived ahead of schedule, they worked seamlessly with our DJ and our coordinator, they took care of their own setup and takedown, they dressed sharp, and were very attune to what was going on. Weeks before the wedding, they worked with us on our music preferences, and did a clever job combining our eclectic taste, with a formal overtone. We were extremely happy with the service they provided.

Music:
    Marty did a fantastic job combining some very elegant classical music, with a few rock covers we had requested (the Beatles cover of "Here Comes the Sun" was perfect), along a few other well-timed and tasteful pop-culture references. It was a well-curated mix of high and lowbrow music that created a perfect atmosphere at the Picnic House — one that would definitely be appropriate in a more formal setting as well.

Value:
    We opted to have a string duo, and were very happy with the presence and depth of sound they achieved with only the two instruments. I wouldn't doubt that a third instrument would only enhance this even more; it would just come down to your budget. Overall, we felt it was well worth having "live music" in addition to a DJ. It was classy.

Sent on 10/03/2013

Angelica · Married on 09/07/2013

I was very pleased with Romanza music, they were an excellent touch to our outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour. Marty was wonderful to work with! Very responsive and stayed ontop of anything. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/24/2013

Tiziana · Married on 08/30/2013

Romanza music was one of our favorite wedding vendors. We used the string quartet for our ceremony and cocktail hour. Marty was super responsive and professional. It was very helpful to hear some example music to help us choose- he also provided some great advice to help us pick songs. Would recommend them to anyone - they are the best!!

Sent on 08/31/2013
  • F

Francesca · event on: 08/24/2013

It was excellent. The music was perfect and everyone enjoyed it very much.

Sent on 08/28/2013

Romanza music was very professional, easy to work with, flexible and they did a wonderful job! Would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 07/29/2013

Kelly · Married on 06/28/2013

Completely perfect all I could ask for!!!

Sent on 07/08/2013