Romantic Travel Belize Reviews

Romantic Travel Belize 3
Romantic Travel Belize 4
Romantic Travel Belize 5

Maksim Fadeyev · Married on 11/28/2018

Thank you Lara for making our tropical dream wedding a reality!

Planning any wedding is stressful, but when that wedding is on a small island in a foreign country-that stress doubles! Immediately, we could tell that Lara was very experienced, and she did a wonderful job of putting us at ease. We worked closely together through phone and email to put together our dream wedding, and it wouldn't have been possible without Lara. Our wedding day was put in jeopardy due to weather, but Lara and her crew were able to roll with the punches, resulting in a spectacular wedding that left our guests saying "This is the best wedding I've ever been to!" We couldn't have been happier with our wedding day. It was absolutely beautiful and perfect, and completely unique to what we had in mind.

Romantic Travel Belize 6
    Romantic Travel Belize 7
    Sent on 03/27/2019

Michelle · Married on 06/20/2017

Lara is officially our hero.

She created a once in a lifetime experience on one incredible day in two gorgeous, perfect locations. She is above and beyond any wedding planner I have ever heard of…seriously. What she and her team pulled off logistically was truly a feat, and a testament, to her creativity and tenaciousness. To give you context we rotated through maybe 7 or 8 locations in the planning process until settling on Altun Ha Mayan Ruins. Then we saw that someone got married at the zoo, so we asked about the zoo. Then we clarified, “no wait, we want BOTH!” And not only did she pull it off, it was awesome. We had our ceremony at the ruins and the reception at the zoo.
    Altun Ha was gorgeous and just perfect. After the ceremony, I climbed the pyramid in rain, in heels and in a wedding dress – my feet turned blue from my shoes - that was an experience. I would not trade it for anything.

The zoo turned out fantastic! She showed us pictures of a patio and said “trust me it will be beautiful…” and she wasn’t kidding. It was tropical, colorful and whimsical just the way we wanted. The time with the animals was amazing and perfect – I trashed my dress the day of the wedding and did not care at all!

The unique, individual touches all over the place are what really made the day special. I have been to a lot of nice weddings, but they really lacked the personality of what we had in Belize that day. Our style is not everyone’s style, but I promise you, Lara can pull off what will be just right for you. 20 June 2017 was truly one of the best days of our lives. Everyone probably says that about their weddings, but for us…wow, thank you Lara, you blew us away.
    Alex & Michelle Ganevsky

Romantic Travel Belize 12
    Romantic Travel Belize 13
    Sent on 05/10/2018

Tanya · Married on 02/08/2017

Lara recently helped set up our destination wedding at Ka'ana and Xunantunich and Cayo Espanto. The woman is beyond amazing. When we got started, we had a lovely phone call during which Lara asked about myself and my fiancee as well as what we liked, what we didn't like, our budget, etc. Then she tailored a trip and a wedding for us. She ran everything by me before booking and then took care of all the details. She had wonderful ideas and truly made this the wedding of our dreams. Then to top it off, she joined us several days later at Cayo Espanto when we did follow-up pictures for trash the dress. To say she went above and beyond is an understatement - how she set up our wedding dinner brought tears to my eyes. Lara is amazing and I highly recommend connecting with her if you want to elope in Belize or a Destination Wedding in Belize!

Sent on 03/04/2017

Jennifer · event on: 08/07/2013

My boyfriend and I decided to travel to Belize on very short notice - about 4 days before our planned departure date. We contacted Lara after a few agents told us that they couldn't help us with such a small planning window. Lara swooped in to the rescue and sorted out a full itinerary for us in no time. She was incredibly responsive and helpful. I explained some of our basic travel concerns and what we were looking for in our trip. She made perfect recommendations and put together our ideal itinerary. She was also flexible and accommodating of our requests for changes even as our planning time was running out. My boyfriend struggles with high anxiety that is triggered in unfamiliar environments. He had never traveled overseas whereas I have a well worn passport and love new places. We put a huge amount of faith in Lara to create the perfect itinerary that would both feed my adventurous soul while also giving him a sense of stability and comfort in an alien environment. As proof of what a great job she did, my boyfriend had the time of his life, I had a realm of new adventures and our trip to Belize holds memories that we will have for the rest of our lives. I credit Lara completely with making out trip a success. If it weren't for her, we probably won't have been able to go. Lara is fantastic and HIGHLY recommended.

Sent on 05/14/2014

Lara was extremely professional and provided us with a beautiful honeymoon. Lara organized several excursions which were all enjoyable and moderately priced. Lara also scoped out one of the better hotels (including resturaunts) in the area which added to our experience. Lara was also extremely personable, understood what we were looking for in a honeymoon, and was always there to answer any and all questions that we had regarding our trip.

Sent on 05/15/2014

Melissa · Married on 07/06/2013

I could not possibly recommend Lara and her crew at Romantic Travel Belize enough! I had no clue how to go about planning a wedding in Belize for 35 guests -- having Lara took ALL the stress out of the process. She combines East-Coast-no-nonsense-get-it-done work ethic with an intimate understanding of the island-life attitude to arrive at the perfect business model. One phone call with Lara and I was so impressed I pulled the cord immediately and let her take over from there. The crew -- both off-site planners and on-site-day-of-the-wedding planners were top notch, highly responsive, and simply a pleasure to be around. When the booked caterer was hospitalized the week before the wedding (ACK!!), my planners jumped into action and booked a restaurant just a quick boat ride from the ceremony site that I am 100% sure was 100% better than what we would have had with the caterers on-site. If other things went "wrong" in the process, I never heard about it . . . EXACTLY what a bride should want on her big day. Everything from travel arrangements, lodging, venue, officiant, marriage certificate, food & drinks, flowers, cake, music, and mini-moon arrangements was handled expertly. Romantic Travel Belize is a TOP notch business in the beautiful, up-and-coming country of Belize. My perfect wedding came with very little stress on my part (and THAT was only about the weather, given that it was an outdoor wedding at the beginning of the rainy season). Book them; you will be so grateful you trusted Lara at Romantic Travel Belize to bring you the wedding of your dreams.

Sent on 05/02/2014

Lona · Married on 12/21/2012

Lara is amazing to
    Work
    With. We had such a beautiful, very low stress ceremony and trip that all our guests enjoyed to the fullest!

Sent on 05/14/2014

Lara was excellent to work with, she was very patient with all of my questions, gave great advice about the hotels and has viewed the venues that she recommends! She advised us on weather, what we could expect to find with respect to shopping. She arranged a special outing for us to go snorkelling and fishing. It was an awesome trip, we didn't have to worry about any of the details with respect to how we get from here to there, everything was looked after. We stayed in San Pedro and then travelled inland. We didn't encounter any problems at all! IT really was an AWESOME wedding holiday.

Sent on 05/03/2014

Tenae · Married on 08/18/2011

Lara was a huge help! I could not have done it without her!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Lara was fantastic!

Upon arrival in Ambergris Caye, she meet us at our hotel, to go over not just our wedding plans, but also the itinerary for our entire trip (which she pretty much planned). Lara was also nice enough to email us at the end of each day to make sure our days activities went as planned, as well as to confirm plans for the following day- even providing who we'd be meeting and when. I think it's important to mention , we did have one small hiccup, to no fault on Lara's part- what's important about this? While we we're out that day enjoying ourselves, she worked out a resolution with the hotel and by the time we got back, it was all taken care of.

As for our wedding day, Lara met with us and the venue planner to make sure we all agreed how the venue would be setup and time it would take place. On the actual day, she showed up early to make sure everything was setup correctly, as we we're to busy getting ready.

Overall she provided a level of personalized service I didn't expect, but thoroughly enjoyed and was even thankful for. That level of service made out wedding and trip stress free , enable it us to enjoy ourselves and not have to worry.

She's a fantastic planner and we'd highly recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 04/27/2014

Melissa · Married on 11/05/2010

Lara is amazing. Anything and everything we wanted out of our trip we had thanks to Lara. She made everything easy and fun.

I would recommend Lara 100%!

Sent on 05/23/2014

Elaine · Married on 11/17/2012

Lara at Romantic Travel Belize helped plan our entire honeymoon, which was exactly what I needed after planning the wedding for a year and a half. My husband and I had an idea of what we wanted in a honeymoon, and Lara was able to bring it to reality. She was honest, responsive and was always looking out for your best interest. The only thing I wish we had during the trip was a formal itinerary of what was scheduled and if it had been paid for or not, but it didn't keep us back from anything at all. After suggesting the idea to Lara when we got back to the States, she appreciated the suggestion and was going to implement it with her couples moving forward. Overall, I would 100% suggest Lara's services to anyone who wants a great get away without any of the stress.

Sent on 05/09/2014