Romance Travel Group Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Ellen B. Married on 01/15/2022

Destination Wedding- Jamaica

Romance Travel helped me plan my destination wedding and made the entire process easy! Shelli and team respond to all questions immediately. She came prepared with a list of resorts based on what I was looking for and we found the perfect one. All in all great support from RTG!

Romance Travel Group's reply:

We loved helping with your destination wedding so much, Ellen!! We're so happy to hear you enjoyed the resort, and the process, too. Thank you for your kind words. Best wishes to you always!
  • Lindsey
    Lindsey M. Married on 12/04/2021

Amazing Experience!

We were referred to romance travel from a friend and boy are we glad we were! From start to finish their team was great, from helping us chose a destination, to setting up our room block and accommodations! Did I mention the fantastic website they built for us for no extra charge at all! They also included round trip airport transfers at the destination for all of our guests! The fact they only asked for a small deposit to start the planning for us for the amount of work that they did is in itself totally worth it (by the way it is refunded to you as soon as you fly out to your wedding) Crazy Right! So ya use them you wont regret it!

Romance Travel Group's reply:

Thank you so much, Lindsey!! We loved helping with your wedding planning! Your review means the world to us. Congratulations on your marriage! Best wishes to you always!
  • Courtney
    Courtney K. Married on 05/04/2021

April Jamaican Destination Wedding!

We got married April 6th in Jamaica surrounded by 63 wonderful family and friends. This wedding would not have been possible without the help of Shelli and her awesome team at Romance Travel Group. When we started planning our destination wedding, we were incredibly overwhelmed, having no idea where to look, who to contact, or how to even start planning it. Luckily, my husband had a friend who used Romance Travel Group a couple years ago for their destination wedding, and he gave us Shelli’s number and said “start here, she will change your life”. Shelli asked us what we were looking for in a destination wedding; kids or no kids, beach reception or indoor reception, all-inclusive or not all-inclusive, etc. Once we narrowed it down, she provided us with a list of resorts that matched our criteria. We had so many questions when trying to make our final decision, and Shelli did a great job on answering them and providing quick feedback. Once the resort had been chosen, a website was set-up for our guests to read all about the resort, along with a ‘couples page’, and lastly how to book a room. Our website was a life-saver, as it answered many questions that guests had and we weren’t caught up in trying to get rooms booked for all our guests. Before the wedding, Shelli and her team sent out travel documents along with a gift for each guest. Travel arrangements were also set-up in advance for all the guests, so no one had to figure out how they were going to get from airport to resort and vice-versa. We were very impressed that Shelli was able to book all our guests in the same room blocks, and not have us scattered across the resort. Romance Travel Group alleviated so much stress for us, that planning a destination wedding was fun and easy. I would highly recommend using Romance Travel Group for anyone’s destination travel arrangements!

Romance Travel Group's reply:

Awe, thank you so much Courtney! Love your review! And we loved helping with your wedding plans! Such a fun group!! Wishing you all the best. Keep in touch!
    Sarah Z. Married on 12/04/2020

Incredible travel agents

Shelli and Heather were so helpful with our destination wedding at Unico 2087. They helped us choose the place based off of what we were looking for and went above and beyond throughout everything with our questions, the website, bookings, travel, etc. I would use them in the future with trips for sure. If you want quality care and service along with additional things that are over the top and make you feel special, go with Romance Travel Group. You won't regret it!

Romance Travel Group's reply:

Thank you, Sarah! We loved helping with your destination wedding plans! Wishing you the best always!
  • Whitney
    Whitney Married on 09/24/2020

Easily planned and friendly

I am so glad I came across Romance Travel Group! Other travel agents were slow to respond and as soon as we talked to RTG, and told them what we wanted, they sent us a list of resorts, we picked a resort and booked it late 2020 getting a very good deal. We originally booked for 7 nights and easily had them add on two extra nights for us.
    They helped us and our 26 guests get booked and made sure everyone knew all the information/requirements they needed to get to Jamaica! Any questions any of us had they answered quickly and friendly!
    Our wedding day and week was awesome and everyone made it safely to and from!
    Romance travel group even sent us travel mugs with our last names on them!

Romance Travel Group's reply:

Congratulations on your wedding, Whitney! And thank you for such a great review! We are happy to hear that you and your group had such a great time in Jamaica! Best wishes to you always!
    Tricia B. Married on 06/03/2020

Best decision we did was choosing Romance Travel Group for our destination wedding

Romance Travel Group made selecting our destination wedding venue easy! Without us traveling to the resort ahead of time, Shelli offered personal experience and recommendations for the resorts, making the decision process super comfortable. Shelli and Heather were friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. If we had any questions, they were there and answered our questions thoroughly. Once we selected our resort/venue, they established a website where our guests could book their stay. Not only was our communication flawless with Shelli and Heather, but each guest said the same thing! One guest had an unfortunate event of missing the flight days before the wedding due to a traffic accident. On the way to the airport, Shelli and Heather were contacted and they promptly re-booked the flight. In this stressful situation, they made every bit of it easy. Couldn't have had a more successful destination wedding without them!

Romance Travel Group's reply:

Thank you so much, Tricia!! It was a pleasure to help with your destination wedding plans. Congratulations to you! Keep in touch!
    Julie R. Married on 02/29/2020

Mother of bride

Working with Tiffany was easy. Tiffany followed up with us, kept us on track and informed. With anything, things cam go wrong. Tiffany quickly corrected it and sent out updated info. She was a strong consultant for choosing the best venue for our daughters wedding requests. We all loved the HardRock. Tiffany worked directly with them setting up the rooms and upgrades.
    Our travel documents arrived in a nice logo pouch with luggage tags, suitcase handles and the well prepared paper work.
    When picked up at the airport, we were greated with logo bags, much needed water and a snack by the driver.

Romance Travel Group's reply:

Thank you, Julie! We're so happy to hear this. Congratulations on your daughter's marriage! We love Hard Rock, too!
  • Melissa
    Melissa H. Married on 02/15/2020

Wedding of my Dreams

Honestly I don’t even know where to start- much like when hubby and I started planning our wedding. I googled “destination wedding planner” and reached another planner who, instead of explaining the process, just ignored me. That’s when I found Shelli and I am SO glad I did. I went to Shelli with the bare minimum of what I wanted out of our wedding and she turned it into the wedding I never even knew I wanted. When looking on the website, I fell in LOVE with Hard Rock Vallarta (trust me, you will too) and knew we needed to have our wedding there. Shelli was there to assist throughout the entire process- from creating our contract with the resort to sending me the rooming list every million times that I asked for it (sorry!) to keeping Hard Rock’s planners honest and ensuring they kept their word. Honest to God I wouldn’t have been able to do this without Shelli and their team. Having the room payments go through them was effortless, Romance Travel Group took care of transportation to and from the resort so we didn’t get hassled at the airport. There aren’t enough kind things I can say about Shelli and the way her and her team made our perfect day just that- perfect. Every single member of our families said this was by far the BEST vacation they had ever been to. We’re all in agreement that we want to do this again and guess what? It will be planned via Shelli and her team.

PS: price paid includes what we paid for our room + all in wedding costs (DJ, MC, Decor, etc..)

Romance Travel Group's reply:

This is fabulous, Melissa, thank you!! We are so happy we helped make your wedding day so special. We enjoyed every minute of it! Best wishes!
    April T. Married on 02/13/2020

Absolutely recommend!

Shelli and her team were wonderful to work with for our destination wedding in Cancun, Mexico. She initially requested a meeting to make sure that we understood her services and that we were on the same page. When she reached out to our guests she let them know that they should contact HER for any questions, not the bride and groom. Which was GREAT! We were very happy with Romance Travel Group and they added special touches to make sure that our experience was unforgettable! I would highly recommend this team to anyone for any of your travel help or needs.

Romance Travel Group's reply:

We are so happy to hear this, April! Thank you for your review. We loved working with you and wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!
    Stephen C. Married on 01/19/2020

Awesome Experience

We used them to attend a friends wedding in Riviera Maya and they went above & beyond. Every step of the trip was planned out way in advance and they were great at keeping in touch throughout the entire process. Will definitely use them again!
  • Brooke
    Brooke S. Married on 11/04/2019

SO Helpful and Amazing!

Lisa was our agent and she did such a great job. She is super organized and on top of everything. I had a lot of confidence in her while she was planning our stay, which helped me focus on other aspects of our wedding. I would recommend her a hundred times over and we feel so blessed to have been able to work with her!

Romance Travel Group's reply:

Thank you, Brooke!! We are so happy to read your review! We appreciate your kind words. Best wishes to you!!
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 11/02/2019
    Very helpful and responsive, would recommend to others!

Thanks, Jessica!!
  • Amelia
    Amelia W. Married on 09/09/2019

Stress Free Honeymoon Planning

My friends booked their Mexico wedding with Romance Travel in January. We found the experience so easy that we decided to book our travel and accommodations in September for our wedding and honeymoon in Hawaii. Tiffani booked everything for us and was amazing to work with! The transfer company was waiting to greet us in each location, and the reports were amazing and greeted us with champagne to help us celebrate. It was so stress free and I absolutely recommend working with Romance Travel Group!
  • Donielle
    Donielle Y. Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing Destination Wedding

I began planning my destination wedding early and Romance Travel Group was amazing every step of the way. From resort suggestions to travel arrangements and useful travel tips, they were so resourceful. Even when our original guesstimate of 35 guests turned into 82 family members and friends traveling to Cancun, Mexico for our special day, RTG rose to the occasion! Shelli and Heather fielded hundreds of calls and emails from our guests and made each one feel like they were a top priority. Every request and change was handled timely and professionally. Our wedding would not have been such a success without the help from Romance Travel Group. I'm truly grateful that I chose them to help plan our special day!

Romance Travel Group's reply:

Hi Donielle! Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We loved working with you and appreciate how organized you were. What a fabulous wedding group! We are so happy to be a part of it. We wish you the best always!
  • Amanda
    Amanda K. Married on 06/02/2019

Sister’s Destination Wedding

We used this travel agent for my sister’s destination wedding and they were great! We had flight changes and had to update our shuttles and they handled it with no trouble. The trip went smoothly and I think that had everything to do with this company doing their job and doing it exceptionally.
    Ashley S. Married on 06/01/2019

The Best Experience

My husband and I worked with Lisa to plan our honeymoon and couldn't have been happier with the results. Lisa was so helpful and took much of the hard part out of planning the vacation. She took the time to understand what we wanted out of our vacation and helped us plan a trip to fit our wants and needs. I would highly recommend this company!
  • Nataly
    Nataly Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing experience!

Amazing experience from beginning to end! Tiffani was awesome and super helpful throughout the whole process. She answered all my questions, put me in contact with vendors and guided me whenever I needed help! All our guests were set up worry free, and taken care of. Our destination wedding was the best experience ever and we would do it all over again with Romance Travel group without a doubt!
    Emily V. Married on 04/07/2019

You are in great hands with Romance Travel Group!

I recently got married on 4/7/2019 at Azul Beach Resort in Riviera Maya. Shelli and her team helped us every step of the way; I have nothing but positive things to say! She secured us a variety of resort discounts within our wedding contract, which helped immensely in keeping our overall cost down. Additionally, Shelli seamlessly organized the reservations with all of our guests. A total of 75 people traveling from all over the world attended our destination wedding, so this is no easy task. Shelli and Heather made themselves available constantly to walk us and our guests through any questions we had along the way. They were even immediately responsive while we were in Mexico during our wedding weekend to help a few of our guests with issues they encountered with their rooms. Shelli and Heather are kind, attentive, and made my husband and I feel at ease throughout the whole process. I highly recommend their services!

Romance Travel Group's reply:

Thank you, Emily!! We loved working with you and your guests! We greatly appreciate your review! Best wishes to you always!
    Kayla Married on 04/05/2019

Look no further!

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Shelli and the rest of the team at Romance Travel Group! It can be nerve wracking at times overwhelming to plan a destination wedding in a foreign country, but my husband and I knew we were in good hands after our very first call with Shelli! From the very beginning, she was able to very easily give us price quotes for different resorts and even set up site inspections for us. We ended up picking a resort that came highly recommended by her, and we couldn’t have been happier with how everything turned out! Shelli herself had visited the resort many times so she was able to answer the numerous questions we came up with over the planning process. She set it up so our guests could make down payments and interest free payment plans towards the trip which was huge for everyone! From that point on, my fiancé and I had nothing to worry about! Shelli and her team handled it all. All of our guests commented on how quickly their emails and phone calls were answered, and everyone always felt that their questions and concerns were promptly taken care of. Romance Travel Group even sent my fiancé and I a couple little gifts over the time leading up to our wedding, and packages to all our guests. Now that’s customer service! If you are looking for a travel agent for your destination wedding, look no further! Using Romance Travel Group was one of the beat decisions we made when planning ours!
    Laura O. Married on 03/09/2019

70 guests to Cancun and no problems

I got married in June in Cancun and I was referred to Shelli by a friend of a friend. I was very hesitant to trust someone I have never met, however after our phone consultation, my hesitations were but to ease and I knew I was in good hands. Shelli and her team was there to answer all of my questions and scheduled calls with me when I needed more clarification. She made us a booking website for our guests which made the travel for our guests seamless. We had over 70 guests at our wedding and could not have done it without Shelli!
    Amanda K. Married on 02/08/2019

Highly recommend

Highly recommend these wedding/travel planning angels! Romance travel group was amazing and so incredibly organized! They are true professionals at what they do.They helped us pick a resort for our destination wedding as the first and most important step to planning a destination wedding. I had independently researched over 1,000 resorts and was feeling so lost as how to facilitate a destination wedding. I reached out to romance travel group online and got a response within 2 hours! Shelli asked what were our top priorities for a resort and sent us a list of her top 10 picks. From that list we chose Azul Beach Riviera Cancun and to be married on top of the hotel skydeck! The resorts they work with are luxury and inspected personally by their team frequently. The Azul Beach Cancun resort is part of the Karisma chain and was the most fantastic beautiful resort any of us had experienced. I would recommend this resort to any bride, as they know exactly what they are doing with weddings and they made our special day better than a dream come true. We cannot express enough gratitude to the staff at Azul for making us and our guests feel like royalty. Shelli made us a website so we sent out a save the date with the link and our guests had all the info they needed to book and get the travel in order. Shelli and her team took all of the stress off of us organizing all of the travel and setting up everything with the resort. Shelli negotiated a contract with the resort for us and so we knew what to expect and knew everything was in order. Shelli and Heather with Romance travel group took excellent care of our wedding planning, travel and guests start to finish. I really do not know how we would have done it without them. We will 100% be using Romance Travel Group in the future for our vacations. We cannot thank you enough!

Romance Travel Group's reply:

Wow, Amanda, thank you so much for such a glowing review! You were awesome to work with, too! So happy for you two!
    Shauna C. Married on 01/13/2019

Incredible resort recommendation by Shelli Nornes!

Our trip to Jamaica couldn’t have been more spot on. We asked Shelli to send us somewhere exotic, somewhere with a great beach, somewhere SUPER romantic, and Couples Swept Away it was!

Not only did she take care of all the logistics, but she even sent us a welcome box full of fun goodies and travel tips to ensure our travels were seamless.

Once we got there, we immediately fell in love with the scenery, the people, and that chill Jamaican vibe. The best part? We came back an engaged couple!

Best trip ever. One I know I’ll never forget. Will be going back there again for a wedding anniversary, for sure.

Thanks RTG!! ❤️
    Jes T. Married on 12/01/2018

another great trip!

We just returned from our third trip planned by Shelli and can honestly say that we won't even think of a vacation unless she plans it with us. She has got it going on! Ladies, if you're planning a destination wedding, CALL SHELLI! You will be in very capable hands.

Romance Travel Group's reply:

Awe, you're too kind! We love helping clients plan vacations time and time again. The more we get to know you, the more places we can recommend and experiences we can create. Thank you for trusting your travels to us!
  • Megan
    Megan R. Married on 11/17/2018

Amazing experience for my cabo wedding with romance travel!

We worked with Shelli for our destination wedding in Cabo and it was amazing! We couldn’t be happier! She helped us pick Dreams Los Cabos Resort. She was so helpful and did such a great job and always answered all of our calls and emails promptly. We loved the chocolates sent to us and the cute coffee mugs sent to all our guests, such nice personal touches. Thank you SO much Shelli for everything and for making our dream destination wedding come true!
    Gary A. Married on 11/11/2018

Best Destination Wedding

We didn't know where to start with planning for our destination wedding. We found the Romance Travel Group online and the rest is history. They handled every step of the planning process. Shelli was there from the start until the end answering every question, finding the best price and handling the guests. Shelli was professional and quick to respond. I would highly recommend the Romance Travel Group for your destination wedding it will be the best decision you make!