Roman Grinev Photography Reviews

190 | Chevy Chase, MD

190 Reviews for Roman Grinev Photography

Nicole · Married on 12/09/2011

They did an absolutely amazing job. Napolean was terrific and clicked with our wedding party from the start. We couldn't be more happy with the pictures we received. They are perfect! Exactly what we wanted. I highly recommend them. Especially Napolean. He had a great sense of humor. He kept us laughing the whole time but remained very professional.

Sent on 08/14/2012

Kristen · Married on 11/12/2011

I could not say enough great things about Roman Grinev Photographer, and in particular, Thomas Wakefield. Thomas was there early and had scouted out some locations for great photos around the church. I have been to many wedding before where you noticed the photographer, I didnt even notice him during the ceremony/reception and I was the bride! He got amazing shots while staying out of the way. He knew what posed pics looked good and we got those as well. When we got the DVDs of the photos I was beyond pleased! I LOVED the photos! I didnt wish he took a picture of something he didnt and I got some really just amazing photos, all thanks to Thomas's creativity. The editing was "picture perfect". We have not yet chosen picture for our album yet because there are too many good ones to pic from. Thanks for amazing memories Thomas!

Sent on 01/17/2012

Nicole · Married on 11/12/2011

The photos Napoleon took of our wedding are stunning and as I flip through them, it takes me right back to our wedding day. There wasn't a moment Napoleon missed. Many of our guests commented how friendly and discrete he was. I would highly recommend him and Roman Grinev Photography to anyone.

Sent on 02/20/2012

Jamie · Married on 10/01/2011

We worked with Thomas Wakefield from Roman Grinev Photography. We really enjoyed having him as our photographer, he was easy to work with, fun, and wasn't in your face like some photogs can be. We haven't gotten our pictures back yet, so this review so far only includes our experience with him, but I know the photos will be great!

Sent on 11/14/2011

Melanie · Married on 10/01/2011

Rachel was a fantastic photographer for our wedding. She captured fantastic pictures and a ton of them! Honestly, Rachel photographed great interactions between family and friends and yet she was completley unobtrusive. A great, great combination for a photographer. Both Rachel and Roman were very helpful in answering our questions and planning our day with us! Thanks!

Sent on 12/12/2011

We had Rachel as our wedding photographer. She was really great! She was listening to what we wanted and making her own suggestions. She did great job and she was almost invisible during the wedding. The pictures came out beautiful. They are very alive and natural. We were very happy with Roman Grinev Photography!

Sent on 07/25/2012

Monica · Married on 09/24/2011

Working with Roman Grinev photography was a pleasure. We first met with Roman to go over policies, general wedding photography information, and a review of his available photographers. We chose Jennifer's work after seeing the albums provided, and we asked if we could meet her--Roman said of course and took it upon himself to set up a meeting with all of us a few days later. We knew instantly we'd found our photographer! Jennifer was a sweetheart, we loved her work, and we clicked instantly. She was fabulous at the wedding, and we're thrilled for the impending photographs!

First of all, Roman Grinev's group is extremely affordable, from the photography fees to the album costs. Secondly, Roman made the whole process very easy. We booked more than a year in advance, but he also kept us up-to-date. He has an online payment system that is extremely convenient, and he sent us a friendly reminder about deposit payments. He also sent a form that allows you to let your photographer know the timing of your individual events (bouquet toss, cake cutting, etc.), any little extras, and family photo information. He was very organized and on top of things, which a bride definitely needs!

We had a great experience with Roman's group and look forward to working with them to put together our wedding albums!

Sent on 10/16/2011

Nina · Married on 09/17/2011

Working with Roman Grinev for our wedding was a pleasure. Thomas and Shamus were our photographers and we couldn't have been happier with them both. Not only were they courteous, responsive, and professional, the proofs came back and are wonderful. They captured every moment from getting dressed to the very end of the reception. I strongly recommend Roman Grinev Photography to anyone getting married in the DC/MD area!!

Sent on 12/07/2011

Erin · Married on 09/10/2011

We had Thomas and Shamus as our photogs for our wedding. They did a great job! They weren't in our faces, and most of the time we didn't even notice them.
    My girls and I kept Thomas waiting for almost an hour when our hair appointment ran over. He never seemed annoyed by that and I was thankful!
    Our pictures came back awesome. I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 11/21/2011

Meghan · Married on 09/04/2011

Rachel was great. Totally ghost-like in that you didn't notice her, yet she was everywhere. Chose her for her traditional style photography...she was great! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 09/10/2011

Emily · Married on 08/28/2011

Roman is a friendly, funny responsive manager as well as photographer. He has 4 or so photographers working for him. You meet with him once to choose a photographer, by looking through their portfolios. One is not just randomly assigned. A great deal for us is that we will receive all the finished pictures on a disc (many thousand!) included, to print as we wish.
    We chose Rachel and I'm so glad we did! She was fantastic! She was completely professional, and acted on any request I made ("can we take a picture with a book?") and made it work! She scouted the site though, and knew the best shots without anyone having to say anything. She was invisible but always present when we wanted her to be! I highly, highly recommend Rachel's cheerful professionalism on your wedding day.

Sent on 09/12/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 08/20/2011

We worked with Thomas and Shamus for our wedding and they both were fantastic. Thomas put me at ease during the getting ready process and was so patient and friendly. They were excellent at giving direction when needed, but also remained unobtrusive throughout the night. Overall, we couldn't be happier with the services they provided.

Sent on 08/23/2011

Kristin · Married on 07/09/2011

We did a lot of research and looked into many photographers for our wedding. Roman Grinev Photography seemed like the perfect fit because the pictures we saw looked wonderful and the price was affordable. We just got married yesterday and COULD NOT BE HAPPIER with our photographer experience!! We had Thomas and Shamus for the big day and both were INCREDIBLE. They each went above and beyond what I would expect from a photographer. They were fun and patient with our large bridal party and even helped me with my veil and bustle. I couldn't have asked for more. I would definitely without question recommend Roman Grinev Photography and defiitely recommend Thomas and Shamus. I am so excited to see our pictures! I'd give ten stars rather than five if I could. :)

Sent on 07/10/2011
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 06/24/2011

Jennifer is amazing! She seemed to be everywhere the entire wedding and was very unobtrusive! She is a very sweet person and helped calm my nerves before the ceremony. Also, she was open to any impromptu ideas we had. I am so glad we hired her and I can't wait to see the beautiful photos!!

Sent on 07/06/2011

Liz · Married on 06/10/2011

We used Napolean for our wedding and he was the best! He was involved in everything from people arriving, us getting ready, ceremony, and reception. The pics came out great! They were not all set-up pictures and he really captured the feel of the night. I would recommend to anyone looking for a photographer!

Sent on 08/02/2011

David · Married on 06/10/2011

Having seen several friends and family be disappointed by their wedding photographers we decided to do some research and spend a little extra. Roman was great to work with both before and after the wedding. His patience on the day was a hugely calming influence on all the various guests who wanted in on the photos. Roman was worth every penny and we are really happy with the results.

Sent on 08/16/2011
  • JRuthie61011

Jenny · Married on 06/10/2011

My husband and I were married on 6/10/11 in havre de grace. We met with Roman Grinev back in 2010 to book his services. His aesthetic and that of the photographer we used from his company Thomas Wakfefield was exactly what we were looking for. We wanted the pictures to as much candid images as possible. We were definitely on a budget and wanted to stick with an accredited photographer as oppose to hiring someone who does it part time or is a student. We received great pictures highlighting the night with people dancing and having a great time. Thomas was a dream to work with and was there to get the great moments. We definitely recommend Roman Grinev and Thomas Wakefield for photography services.

Sent on 08/22/2011

Erin · Married on 05/28/2011

We worked with Napoleon for our wedding, and he was fantastic. He came a couple hours before the ceremony to get the "getting ready" pictures, and he was very fun to have in the hotel with us. He did a great job of keeping me calm, and was also really helpful in letting me and the bridesmaids know if we needed more makeup (since the camera tends to wash you out). Our entire wedding party was very relaxed and had a great time during all the group shots, Napoleon kept us entertained but remained professional throughout the entire day. He was almost invisible during the ceremony and reception, but judging from the pictures, he was actually all over the place! We would definitely recommend Roman Grinev and Napoleon to those looking for a high-value photography package.

Sent on 08/08/2011

Emily · Married on 05/27/2011

I chose Thomas to do the photography for my wedding. He was amazing. We had a rather difficult weather conditions to contend with but he managed the whole process very well and we got all of our pictures done outside before it started pouring. He was very nice as well as professional and organized. I would highly recommend this photography company.

Sent on 06/26/2011

Rachel · Married on 05/27/2011

We would highly recommend this photographer! His pricing is so competitive that we were able to have two photographers instead of one, and still stay within our budget. We had Napoleon and Rachel as our photographers, part of the Roman Grinev Photography team. We met with Roman during our initial consultation and he was just what we were looking for: no cheesy editing/photoshopping, classic, candid photos that capture the raw emotions and special moments during the day, and you walk away with the digital files (no obligation to buy prints or albums). Napoleon and Rachel were great on the day of. Showed up early, captured all the details, and they were extremely non-obtrusive. They were everywhere, but nowhere to be seen all at the same time...fabulous! It took a little less than two months to get our photos back, which is record time compared to horror stories I have heard from friends. And, the pictures are AMAZING. We have received so many compliments from family and friends. Thank you Roman, Napoleon, and Rachel for providing us with wonderful, lasting memories!

Sent on 07/31/2011

Erin · Married on 05/21/2011

Jennifer did an exceptional job photographing my wedding. She did a great job navigating my family, my step-families, and my in-laws and making everyone feel included in the photos. She was unobtrusive during the reception and captured remarkable little moments of the toddlers playing together.

Sent on 06/03/2011

Meredith · Married on 01/08/2011

I could not have asked for a better all around experience from Roman and his photography team. The value has blown me away because photography can be so expensive, and with Roman I felt we got more than our money's worth! We met Roman in his studio and were able to look through all of the photographers work before choosing. We were able to get two photographers for our budget! And they were both fantastic. Napoleon was not only a fun person to be around, but he made as all feel so comfortable in front of the camera. He made us laugh and really joined in with the joy of the day. My husband has also raved about Rodney, who followed the groomsman around before the ceremony. They had a grand time! When we got the pictures (first a link to a website and then on CDs) we had almost 1700 and they are all so beautiful and special. They went through and did some post processing but didn't over process the pictures, all of the artistic changes (ie black and white, sepia, color saturation, etc) was done very tastefully and definitely not overdone. I am so proud of these pictures, they were able to capture my day and somehow make them more beautiful than my memories. I would more than recommend this vendor, I am so thankful that I chose them.

Sent on 03/28/2011

Jame · Married on 12/19/2010

We had to plan a wedding on a very tight schedule (less than 3 weeks) and Roamn Grinev Photography was very nice to accomodate us in such short time frame. We did not meet our photographer before the wedding, but quickly became comfortable with him when arrived the morning of our wedding. We had Napolean Martinez and we can't say enough of how impress we were with his professionalism and artistic shots. We are very family oriented, so there were a lot of kids in the wedding and he was so patient with them. He also somehow got to get them to laugh and have a great time, the pictures prove it. We (bride and groom) were extremely nervous and he was able to calm us and get amazing shot. We love love love the pictures and can't thank Napolean enough for forever capturing all the precious moments!

Sent on 10/06/2011

Erin · Married on 11/20/2010

We used Jennifer as our photographer. I met with Roman before deciding and he was very helpful - worked around my schedule to meet with me, had multiple full albums from all the photographers. The day of the wedding, Jennifer was great! I was a little bit nervous because we had never met her before, and my husband and I aren't the spotlight-loving kind, but she was VERY easy to work with. She was on time, unobtrusive and helpful (even with non-photo things --she helped my mom figure out the lobster clasp on my bracelet, she would hand me my train so it wouldn't drag, etc). For the portraits, she gave simple directions that were easy to understand and didn't make us do anything awkward or not "us". She took the initiative if she thought there was cool lighting somewhere. We got photos back in a little less than a month, and they turned out great! Some "artsy" ones, some classic ones, a mix of black and white, sepia, color-- just a really great variety. I think the package is a pretty good value-- you get 7 hours of photography as well as a DVD with all the photos (over 800 of them in our case). Overall I'd highly recommend Roman Grinev Photography for the value, and Jennifer McMenamin in particular if you want spectacular photos (check out her website!)

Sent on 12/23/2010

Alex · Married on 11/06/2010

Photography was very important to us, so we decided to go with Roman Photography after seeing the quality of creative photos when we visited their office. We ended up having Jason do our engagement and wedding photos (so glad we did the engagement shoot, it turned out fabulous) and we had an extra photographer, Rodney, at the wedding. They did a fantastic job. Not only were they nice people to work with, but Jason had so many creative ideas for pictures and took amazing shots of everything, including our flowers, cake, centerpieces, band, etc. Turnaround time on questions and emails was usually less than 24 hours! Thanks Roman, Jason, and Rodney for some amazing memories!

Sent on 12/16/2010