Roman Grinev Photography Reviews

190 | Chevy Chase, MD

190 Reviews for Roman Grinev Photography

Sarah · Married on 06/23/2017

Roman was a dream to work with - very thorough and upfront about what to expect. Thomas served as our photographer for the actual event and he completely understood what we were looking for. The picture turned out great. Highly recommend.

Sent on 09/03/2017

Sharon · Married on 06/22/2017

One word... AMAZING! We were beyond thrilled with both Roman and our photographer Emily for our recent wedding. Emily captured the joy and love between my husband and I and also incorporated our personality as it was shown through the photos. Overall I would highly recommend as Roman is very professional and easy to work with. Pricing is good. Everything was just wonderful. Thank you!!!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Katie · Married on 06/11/2017

SO happy that we ended up going with Roman Grinev Photography for our big day. We initially met with Roman who came to a spot convenient for us to discuss our day and after looking through albums we ended up going with Rodney as our photographer. The day of the wedding Rodney showed up much earlier than he was scheduled for to introduce himself in person and to walk around the ceremony/reception venue so he could visualize where he would like to take pictures of us. From the moment the ceremony started he was EVERYWHERE getting phenomenal pictures of everyone. He found GORGEOUS lighting to do a little shoot of me and my husband and made us feel totally at east even though we had never had professional pictures taken. His entire demeanor, professionalism and dedication to his work is unparalleled. We cannot wait to see the full album of all the pictures and couldn't be happier that Rodney was a part of our day!

Sent on 06/19/2017

Haley · Married on 05/13/2017

Roman and his team are exceptionally professional; I worked with Sean at my wedding and was very pleased with the results of the photography. He captured sentimental moments that my husband and I will be able to look back on for years to come. Would recommend Roman and his team to anyone!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Mandy · Married on 02/25/2017

We used Laura and Roman as our wedding photographers and they were great! Both were very responsive and flexible! We LOVED our photos and are so excited to receive our wedding album book!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Colin · Married on 02/18/2017

We got married this past February and were very happy with Roman Grinev Photography. I am a hobbyist photographer, and while I'm not very good I know what I like in photographs. After searching for many hours online looking for a photographer that was both highly skilled and well priced I found Roman Grinev Photography. We went with Rodney as our photographer and he was great. He was flexible, communicative, creative, non-intrusive, and professional. They were good at trying to find out what we want and at going with the flow when things got crazy on the day of the wedding. I highly recommend.

Sent on 04/12/2017

Tiffany · Married on 12/10/2016

We chose Thomas as our photographer and he is just AMAZING!!!! Felt instantly like he was a part of my family and you never knew where we would show up for the perfect photo op! Just awesome at directing all the family members during the "formal" pics! So professional and easy to be around!!! We were sad to see him go as he was just a special part of the night! And bless him..... we did our wedding outdoors, at night, in December! He hung in there like a trooper!!! WE can't wait to see all the magical pictures we know he got! :) Thank you Thomas!!!!

Sent on 12/20/2016

Colleen · Married on 10/15/2016

We are so happy we chose Roman Grinev Photography for our wedding! We first met with Roman who was immediately very responsive, answered all our questions, and brought plenty of portfolios to help us make our decision. Then several weeks before the wedding Roman had a questionnaire that covered all the basics for the day and made it so easy to be sure we weren't forgetting anything.
    Laura was our photographer and she was fantastic! We spoke before the wedding and she seemed to immediately understand the kind of vibe and look we were going for. She was very flexible- willing to go with whatever plan we had dreamt up for the day, but also willing to offer any suggestions for how to make things run smoothly if we weren't sure. On the day she was the best mix of photographer- for the most part we hardly noticed she was there, but she also had the best way of directing people into different positions and generally herding our families, including some small children.
    And when we got the pictures we were so happy! Laura managed to capture all the best moments and really focused on the people, rather than a bunch of pictures of the venue or something that we would never really look at again. All in all, we would highly recommend Roman Grinev Photography!

Sent on 01/03/2017

Alison · Married on 10/08/2016

Roman photographed our wedding and we were very pleased! He was professional and easy to work with from the moment we contacted him. We're really happy with the photos and have been having a hard time choosing our favorites since there are so many good ones! Thanks again, Roman!

Sent on 12/12/2016

Virginia · Married on 09/17/2016

I was beyond pleased with this photography company, and highly recommend them! Laura not only took beautiful photos at our wedding, but she was so genial that guest after guest commented afterward on how much they liked her. She was completely fine with all the guests trying to snap their own shots, and whenever she saw people taking selfies, offered to take professional shots of them as well. She was on-time and easy to contact before and after the wedding. Roman, who heads the business, was also wonderful. We were so busy before the wedding and couldn't make it out to his area, so he came into the city on a Sunday afternoon to meet with us. That was incredibly helpful! Really, this is a great business.

Sent on 11/06/2016

Mike · Married on 08/28/2016

If you reading this, CONGRATS! Save the time and trouble and take my advice - this vendor is brilliant!

We had such a tough time finding the right photographer (met with approx 7). We were after a professional yet affordable package (yes, almost impossible) that included all our proofs and albums. But we also wanted someone who will let us enjoy our night and not control it.

I felt great about Roman from the first call - never even met the man! He informed me of my photographer, Thomas, and i did my research - all ticks.

On the day - blown away!!!! Thomas is such a charming and professional person - he made himself a part of our bridal party (subtly) and we absolutely welcomed him. Not over controlling - and made us feel so comfortable the entire day.

After the event - Roman touched base and within 6 weeks, 1400 high res images of the most amazing wedding photography! Thank you Thomas, Thank you Roman!

Make the initial call - wont regret it!

Good luck :)

Sent on 11/01/2016

Robyn · Married on 10/24/2015

Thomas Wakefield was everything we could have possibly wanted and more! He was easy and playful which fit our family perfectly! He was patient and had great ideas and made us so comfortable. I was very specific about not wanting "forma" portraits, I wanted him to capture our genuine moments. He was great herding the groom, myself, and our four teen and twenty-something kids. We had fun being ourselves and Thomas embraced and photographed every moment.
    I haven't seen the photos yet, but I can't say enough great things about Thomas and Roman.
    Thank you!

Sent on 11/10/2015

We worked with Roman for out wedding and he was great! He was flexible without requests for pictures and went from house to house to capture the bride and then the groom. We did not notice him at the ceremony or the reception and our guests said he was not intrusive in our day. We gave him a list of pictures for after the ceremony and he was respectful of our different family situation and moved everyone along quickly to get us to the cocktail reception on time. Our wedding was joined by the remnants of the hurricane but Roman put the rain to work and did not let it ruin pictures one bit! He was a fun person to be around and made us all feel so comfortable. We would hire him and and recommend him! We can't wait to see the pictures!!

Sent on 10/08/2015

Stacey · Married on 04/26/2015

We cannot say enough wonderful things about Roman Grinev Photography. We initially met with Roman who was happy to show us full portfolios of each of the photographers from whom we could select. He was very helpful answering all of the questions we had, and shared with us their rigorous back-up plans for the highly unlikely event of something unexpected occurring either human-related or technology-related. One of the best characteristics about Roman's photography business is the customer gets the rights to the photos and in addition to an online ordering system, receives a DVD of the photos. We selected Thomas and could not have been happier with his work. Thomas photographed both an engagement session and our wedding. The photographs from both are absolutely beautiful, capturing subtleties of us and our loved ones in the moment. Thomas was also personally wonderful to work with. He has a bright and approachable personality and we were comfortable around him from the start. He has a significant amount of experience and takes a personal interest in ensuring things go smoothly on the big day. We highly recommend Roman Grinev Photography and intend to use their services for any future professional photography needs.

Sent on 07/09/2015

Roman and Thomas were our two wedding photographers for our March 2015 wedding at Sequoia restaurant in DC. Overall, we could not have been happier with the experience. Roman was friendly and engaging when I first met with him to discuss the wedding. He was very receptive to our goals on the wedding day (take care of family portraits early and quickly so we could enjoy the day). The weeks up to the wedding, he contacted us about specific photos to take, and he covered our wish list on the day of the ceremony. Before, during and after the wedding, he was professional, non-intrusive but present to capture all of the key moments. Having two photographers was the way to go- while one was taking portrait pictures, the other was taking venue pictures- so we had all of bases covered. We had a sneak peak of our pictures on their blog 10 days after the wedding, and received a CD copy of all 1500 pictures (!) about 8 weeks after the wedding date. The pics were great, and we couldn't be happier. I would have no reservations about recommending Roman Grinev photography to any future. As a note, our wedding was a same-sex affair, and Roman couldn't have cared less (translation- his company is supportive of LGBT couples).

Sent on 05/12/2015

Lia · Married on 03/08/2015

We worked with Thomas and Roman for our March wedding. They were amazing and we cannot recommend them more highly. Thomas was our main photographer, and he really went above and beyond to make sure we got the pictures that we wanted.
    It had snowed in DC three days prior to our wedding, but I had my heart set on taking pictures outside, so Thomas found a spot near the hotel that was clean and snow free.
    Thomas was relaxed and easygoing, which is just what we need for our already hectic wedding day, and all the while, together with Roman, got every picture that we requested, and fabulous candid pictures from the entire night. Thomas also knows how to fasten boutonnieres which came in very helpful as we were rushing to get everyone picture ready, and he even bustled my wedding gown after the ceremony. In addition, they were very familiar with the details of a traditional Jewish wedding - and made sure to catch all the details and moments that are important to the ceremony.
    A few weeks after the wedding, we got an online preview of our pictures and 3 CDs with 1800 pictures a few months later.
    Roman was very responsive to our questions both before and after the wedding, and we are so happy with the outcome. We highly recommend that you go with Roman Grinev Photography - both Thomas and Roman were awesome.

Sent on 06/14/2015

Napoleon with Roman Grinev Photography was our wedding photographer, he was professional, courteous, fun and a great photographer! Roman was very professional throughout the entire process, and we were lucky to have Napoleon as our photographer. Thank you, Roman Grinev Photography!

Sent on 02/13/2015

Lindsay · Married on 10/04/2014

Roman was wonderful. He made sure to get every single shot we wanted and made it happen quickly. He had our preview to us within a week of the wedding!

Sent on 10/12/2014
  • cecklu

Christine · Married on 07/26/2014

I can't say enough good things about our experience with Roman Grinev Photography. From the first moment we reached out for more information, Roman was extremely responsive and informative. We were able to put together a package that represented exactly what we wanted--unlimited digit images, with editing, over a certain number of hours--for what we considered an incredible price. Then, on the actual wedding day, our photographer Thomas really delivered. We got a wonderful range of gorgeous shots, which we made into a Shutterfly album. The turnaround was much quicker than we expected, as well as quicker than they had estimated. Photos were pretty much the top priority for me, and I wasn't disappointed with my decision. I absolutely recommend RGP to any bride.

Sent on 01/19/2015

Our wedding was just a few months ago in July and we have already had beautiful pictures to remember the special occasion for at least the past few weeks. From the beginning, Roman Grinev Photography was professional, responsive, and friendly. I had originally contacted another photographer (ErinMarie) who, after asking us to drive all the way to Germantown for a meeting ended up dropping all communication with me. Roman had reached out once before and again followed up in perfect timing to see if I still needed a photographer. The value of the photography package we chose was great. They had 7 photographers to choose from, who all had great portfolios, but this option allowed us to select our preferred style amongst these photographers with the assurance of an excellent back-up if our photographer had an emergency or was sick. Thomas was our photographer. He arrived early to the ceremony site and got all of the important shots I requested. He also helped us move through the transitions from the ceremony to the reception as we weren't 100% sure how or when we should do everything. He was friendly and professional. We received pictures online about 6 weeks after the wedding, incredibly timely and exactly what they had estimated from the beginning. From there the turnaround to receive printed pictures that we selected and the CD with all of the images, was incredibly fast and all beautiful. I would definitely suggest Roman Grinev Photography to anyone looking for a photographer to capture a special event.

Sent on 10/12/2014

Kaitlin · Married on 01/18/2014

We used Thomas for our wedding and my friends have used him as well. Roman & Thomas were absolutely wonderful to work with and the pictures were amazing. Sooo many great pictures it is going to be tough decision to pick which ones make the photo book. Thanks for all your great work!!

Sent on 03/25/2014

Roman Grinev Photography is an a very professional company with beautiful talent. From the very beginning, Roman was responsive, flexible, and accommodating, and he followed through with professionalism. We chose Rachel as our wedding day photographer based on her profile and portfolio, and we definitely made the perfect choice!! She was everything we wanted in a photographer for our special day. Discreet yet persistent, she was right there at every key moment, yet neither one of us remembered her being obtrusive. While looking our photos, we caught ourselves saying multiple times, "She caught that? I didn't see her right there!". We also appreciated her warm, friendly and fun-loving personality. We love the story that she created of our wedding day, and would most definitely recommend her and this company to anyone! Thank you Roman and Rachel!! :)

Sent on 12/08/2013
  • F

Freddy · Married on 10/05/2013

After searching for a photographer for a while and having no luck with one we liked, we finally found Roman and his company. From the first contact with him, he was always very cordial, detail-oriented and helpful in making sure our day was going to be very special. On the day of the wedding, he stayed mostly in the background to be able to capture the moments from our day from start to finish. He also took tons of pictures to make sure he got the best shot possible. He went through post processing of each and every one to make sure they were as perfect as they could be. We highly recommend using Roman for your wedding day photographer.

Sent on 01/22/2014

Jessica · Married on 09/21/2013

We loved working with Roman Grinev Photography. We met with Roman in Baltimore and were able to review many full albums in order to select the specific photographer we wanted to use. We selected Shamus and he was great. Despite having car troubles on the day of our wedding, he was there early, was extremely professional yet fun to be around, and both the bridal party and guests felt very comfortable. Even though it rained on the day of our wedding and we weren't able to get any great outdoor shots, he made the best of what he had to work with and all of the pictures came out great!

Sent on 04/05/2014

I had Thomas as my main photographer and Shamus as my secondary photographer. Both were extremely professional and helpful. And the pictures were incredible! They captured every moment and emotion from the day. Now my husband and I have almost 2000 pictures to remember our wedding day by! I can't wait to make albums for my family!

Sent on 10/24/2013