Roman Grinev Photography Reviews

Roman Grinev Photography 3
Roman Grinev Photography 4
Roman Grinev Photography 5

John G. · Getting married on 07/08/2021

Very professional and easy to work with.

Our experience with Roman Grinev Photography was excellent. Roman was very responsive anytime we had questions. We used Parmiss as our photographer. She was very professional and helpful during our wedding. The photos turned out great.

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Nick

Nick Vadala · Getting married on 03/04/2021

The best of the best

My daughter was married last weekend so I have not yet seen any of the photographs. My daughter chose Thomas as her lead photographer and based on what I saw, I am confident the pictures will be beautiful. What I can tell you is that he came an hour early and scoped out the venue to get the best possible pictures. At one point, as I was trying to get my daughter's veil on, he gently came up behind me and whispered that the veil was backwards. He then took the veil, turned it, and placed it in her hair. At another point, he took the time to put on all the men's boutonnières. This to me, was above and beyond what he needed to do. Many guests said they never saw him as he snapped picture after picture. A very classy, fun-loving, and professional guy!

Sent on 05/02/2019

Kelley Adams · Married on 11/10/2019

Super friendly and great product!

Napoleon was our photographer and he was amazing! Super friendly, prompt, communicative, and professional! He had great ideas for taking photos and was so into the job it was just so nice to see him take so much care into getting us good photos. He was great with our dogs and pushed us to get some photos with them as he was sure we’d get some good ones (we were nervous cause they’re a bit crazy). He wasn’t ever in the way, he snapped a lot of photos we didn’t even know he was getting. And he was great about getting us to sunset photos before we forgot. I just can’t say enough great things!

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica and Ryan · Married on 11/09/2019

Beautiful pictures

Napoleon took beautiful engagement and day of pictures!

He was so friendly, easy to work with, and incredibly talented. Highly recommended!

Sent on 11/15/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 09/28/2019

Excellent experience!!

We are so happy chose Roman Grinev Photography. Thomas was our photographer and I have nothing but great things to say about him!! He did an amazing job and made everyone feel very comfortable. He went above and beyond, even helping us with things such as bustling my dress and fixing our cake. Definitely one of the best decisions we made. Thank you so much for helping make our day so perfect !

Roman Grinev Photography 6
    Roman Grinev Photography 7
    Roman Grinev Photography 8
    Roman Grinev Photography 9
    Roman Grinev Photography 10
    Sent on 12/12/2019

Joseph Daly · Married on 09/20/2019

Great service, AMAZING photos

Roman and Thomas are great. Even with some issues with our venue and having to reschedule last minute, Roman and Thomas (our photographer) were able to work it all out with us. All the while being less expensive than many of the other options we looked into.

Thomas was the man at our wedding. He managed to capture such beautiful candid shots and even helped with all organizing and coordinating set shots. We gave him a quick overview of what the feel of our wedding should be and he managed to capture it perfectly. I cannot recommend him enough if you want to get literally hundreds of amazing photos that will make you want to print and frame each one.

After the wedding, once the edits were done, Roman sent over links for us to download and share all of our photos nice and easy. We also have the option for getting all sorts of physical prints/books/etc for reasonable prices a la carte.

Sent on 10/16/2019

Chelsea McMaster · Married on 07/06/2019

Fantastic Photos, Enjoyable Experience

We just got our photos back from our July wedding and were thrilled with the results! Laura was our photographer, and not only was she an absolute pleasure to have around on the day of the wedding, she captured our day wonderfully. It was easy working with Roman from the outset, he was super responsive and we quickly felt comfortable entrusting our wedding photography to the company. Would definitely recommend Roman and Laura!

Sent on 09/04/2019
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 06/22/2019

Unparalleled Artistry

My friend recommended Roman Grinev Photography, and after looking at their beautiful website and portfolios, we chose Laura as our wedding photographer. We could not be happier with our wedding photos! We wanted photos that would capture what it was like to be at out wedding with lots of candid shots. Laura worked incredibly hard to capture all of the right moments without drawing undue attention to herself. Our photos show the best parts of us and our day without looking forced. Our photos don't look like any other wedding photos I have seen--they are uniquely ours and capture our unique perspectives perfectly. We could not be happier with our photos and will recommend Roman Grinev Photography to everyone we meet!

Roman Grinev Photography 11
    Roman Grinev Photography 17
    Roman Grinev Photography 18
    Sent on 09/01/2019

Amanda Lanzillo · Married on 06/15/2019

Beautiful photos, easy process!

We loved the way our photos turned out! Rob from Roman Grinev Photography was our photographer, and he kept the process running smoothly. Both Rob and Roman were easy to work with, the process was straightforward and didn't add extra stress to planning, and we will always cherish the photos!

Sent on 08/29/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 06/08/2019

Great photos, Great price!

So happy that we chose Roman Grinev photography! We worked with Sean, who was super friendly and captured all of our important moments. He somehow managed to photograph nearly all of our 150 guests at the reception, and it's been fun to share those photos with family and friends.

Roman's prices are very reasonable, which is a huge relief when planning a wedding in the DC area. Would definitely recommend!

Roman Grinev Photography 19
    Roman Grinev Photography 24
    Roman Grinev Photography 25
    Sent on 07/24/2019

Chelsea · Married on 05/25/2019

Highly recommend Roman Grinev Photography!

We really enjoyed working with Roman and our photographer Laura. Roman was responsive and professional. Laura was friendly, discreet, and got some amazing shots of our wedding day. Very satisfied with our experience!

Sent on 09/02/2019

Michael Scott · Married on 05/19/2019

Beautiful Photos and Great To Work With

We worked with Rod and are very glad we did! He has such a passion for photography and goes above and beyond to capture all of the beautiful moments of the wedding day. All of the pictures turned out phenomenal. We also did an engagement photo session with him. We had a lot of fun and these pictures turned out amazing as well. Roman Grinev Photography is great to work with, professional, and quick to respond.

Sent on 07/27/2019

Stephanie · Married on 05/10/2019

Beautiful Photos!

We worked with Sean from Roman Grinev photography and I am so happy that we chose them! Roman was incredibly responsive throughout the whole process and I really liked that his site featured a portfolio for each of the photographers that work with him, including a full suite of photos from a single wedding that they shot. It helped me to get a good feel for each photographer's style so that we could select the person who was the best fit. It was also beneficial that there was a group of photographers to choose from, since, when my initial pick left the company a few months before my wedding, there were still three excellent photographers who were available on my date. I am so happy that we ended up working with Sean - he is such a kind person and he helped to put me at ease as we wrangled family members and traveled between a few different locations for our photos. He even helped my husband and his groomsmen figure out their boutonnieres! Plus, Sean was a great sport when we got caught in a freak rainstorm at the monuments - he was the only person who had an umbrella and he sacrificed it to keep the bridesmaids and me dry. He even took a group "rainstorm" selfie which turned out to be one of my favorite photos of the day. We just received the rest of our professional photos and I am so pleased with the results. Neither my husband nor I am really comfortable in front of a camera, but Sean made us looked relaxed and our happiness showed through. He captured so many fantastic memories from the day and I will treasure the photos forever. I cannot recommend working with them enough!

Sent on 07/05/2019
  • Yelena

Yelena · Married on 05/04/2019

Beautiful photos, above and beyond photographer

We were beyond lucky to have had Thomas at our wedding!! His photos are so alive and he captured so many wonderful moments, looking through the photos brought tears to my eyes and a smile to my face because I felt like I was back in my best day ever. He was patient all day, gave guidance when needed and was beyond flexible- corralling our 12 person wedding party and two videographers. Professional photography skills aside, we truly appreciated him, not only because he’s amazing at his job but because of all the other jobs he took on throughout the day, stepping in as wedding planner (when ours was elsewhere)/videographer coordinator/veil attacher/dress bustler...the list goes on. Our wedding would not have gone as smoothly without him. During the planning process, Roman was very direct and easy to communicate with. We would highly recommend Roman Grinev Photography and Thomas in particular!!

Roman Grinev Photography 26
    Roman Grinev Photography 33
    Roman Grinev Photography 34
    Sent on 07/01/2019

Veronica D. · Married on 04/27/2019

So wonderful to work with!

As my now-husband and I were planning our wedding in April, I went through dozens of portfolios trying to find a photographer that not only had everything I was looking for, but was offering a reasonable price at the same time. I went through all the portfolios on Roman Grinev's website and quickly noticed the skill, talent, and attention to detail in all of the photographers! Laura really stood out to me - she had a beautiful technique and was really able to capture the emotion in her clients. We booked her quickly for eight hours for the wedding day and were absolutely delighted with how the photos turned out. They were beautiful and she and Roman were great to work with. Before the wedding, Roman was right there to answer all our questions and to make suggestions about our timeline. Day of, Laura was so calm and professional and was just so pleasant to work with. We ended up with over a thousand gorgeous photos that captured the entire day from start to finish, so I highly recommend!

Sent on 07/03/2019
  • Kerry

Kerry · Married on 11/11/2018

Beautiful photos + great service at affordable price

Roman Grinev Photography offers fantastic, professional service and photos at a price well below that of its competitors in DC. We received our photos within five weeks of our wedding date and are particularly grateful to our photographer, Napoleon, for his vision.

Sent on 01/03/2019

Claire Carrico · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing Photos and Excellent Service!

My husband and I chose Roman Grinev Photography for our November 3rd wedding because of their photojournalistic style and quality of photos. We chose Roman as our photographer. He was extremely helpful and patient with us from the initial phone call. When our initial engagement session was postponed due to thunderstorms, Roman was flexible about helping us find a new date. During our engagement session he put us at ease and did an amazing job capturing our personalities even in the midst of sweltering August heat! On our wedding day Roman did an incredible job facilitating posed group photos, as well as capturing candid moments. It took exactly seven weeks for us to get our photos back, but the wait was so worth it! We are absolutely in love with our wedding photos! We couldn't stop beaming as we went through our gallery reliving the most perfect day. I highly recommend Roman Grinev Photography to any bride and/or groom looking for exceptional service and top-notch photos!

Sent on 01/13/2019

Andrew S. · Married on 10/21/2018

Great engagement/wedding photos

To state this up front, we have not actually received the wedding photos yet. My wife and I were married on October 21st at Kentlands Mansion in Gaithersburg, MD, and we hired Roman Grinev Photography for both the wedding and for engagement photos that we took in the spring. Given the quality of the engagement photos (of which we received somewhere between 150 and 200), we have no concerns about posting a 5-star rating before actually receiving the wedding photos.

We chose to have Thomas as our main photographer (for the engagement photos and for 6 hours on our wedding day) and Sean as our secondary photographer (4 hours on our wedding day). A secondary photographer isn't required, but it worked well for us given the layout of the venue. Both were a pleasure to work with--very professional, accommodating, good interactions with our guests, etc. Thomas in particular went above and beyond the call of duty--e.g., he helped pin boutonnieres and bustled my wife's wedding dress after the ceremony. Roman, who does the photo editing and much of the coordination, was also easy to work with.

All of this--two photographers on our wedding day and engagement photos--was reasonably priced given the quality of the photography (about $3,000). There are plenty of extras you can add, but the basics include high-resolution digital copies of the photos.

Sent on 11/13/2018

Tracey · Married on 10/21/2018

Top notch photography

Napolean was an artist at our wedding, capturing moments that told our story, through every facet of our sacred day. He is gifted with an engaging personality as well, and the ability to move about our day with barely being noticed! During the times we did engage he was courteous and full of positive energy. Roman Grinev was a delight to work with as well in helping us make the arrangements, and he has one of the fastest response times I've encountered in getting back to us with any questions we had. Thank you both so very much for what you do and for all you did for us!

Sent on 01/27/2019

Morgan · Married on 10/06/2018

Wonderful to work with, wonderful photos!

My husband and I had Rod as our photographer. He did a wonderful job of capturing the day (and was also incredibly friendly)! The photos are beautiful and we especially love how the candid ones during the reception turned out. Throughout the entire process from start to finish, Roman Grinev Photography was so easy to work with and very responsive. I really love how they provide high quality digital copies of all of the photos so that clients can print or use them however they wish.

Sent on 12/03/2018
  • Lakisha

Lakisha · Married on 09/08/2018

Roman Grinew Photography!! I cannot adequately express my gratitude for having Rob and Rod as our wedding photographers. So professional, so intuitive, so engaged! Every shot looked like magic. They were not intrusive but directed every posed shot to perfection and the candids were amazing, really captured the love and pure joy of our day! Thank you all so much for everything I couldn’t have asked for anything better! If you are a person looking for a photographer, look no further. Roman and his team are wonderful.

Sent on 09/20/2018
  • Meagan

Meagan Gregg · Married on 09/01/2018

More than just a photographer!

My husband and I had Sean as our photographer and he was more than exceptional for our wedding day! Not only was he extremely professional, but he was very kind, friendly, kept track of the things I had forgotten, and even acted as a therapist for me when I had a mini freak out about time. He was genuinely SO happy to be there and we were very comfortable around him like he was a best friend of ours.
    I would definitely recommend using Sean to anyone else, and I'm sure everyone else on the team is just as amazing!

Roman Grinev Photography 35
    Roman Grinev Photography 36
    Roman Grinev Photography 37
    Roman Grinev Photography 38
    Roman Grinev Photography 39
    Sent on 10/26/2018

Sarah · Married on 08/25/2018

Best Wedding Photographer!

Roman Grinev Photography did our wedding photography for our wedding in October 2018. We worked with Roman from the time of initial inquiry until after we received our wedding photos. Throughout the whole process, Roman was quick to respond, informative, and professional. He always gave us all the details from the beginning and answered my many questions. Roman Grinev Photography offers a variety of package options and prices, which we found one that perfectly met our desires. Sean was our photographer on our wedding day. My husband and I, and even our family and friends could not say enough wonderful things about Sean and his photography. He was so easy going and professional. He blended right in with the families and did not miss a moment on our wedding day. Sean paid special attention to our personalities and what we wanted through our wedding photos. He did a phenomenal job of capturing so many special and fun moments throughout the wedding day! Both Roman and Sean made our wedding photography decision and process stress-free and easy! They were both absolutely great to work with and exceeded our expectations in what we wanted. We highly recommend using Roman Grinev Photography for your wedding, special event or other photography needs. We look forward to using them again in the future!

Sent on 01/01/2019

Ruth · Married on 08/18/2018

I worked with Sean from Roman Grinev Photography and he was absolutely amazing! We booked him for our engagement shoot and the wedding day. He was punctual, extremely professional but most importantly, a TERRIFIC photographer. Sean's style of photography is very natural but yet artistic, which was exactly what we wanted. Sean ensured every moment of our wedding captured, from the ceremony to cocktail hour and the reception. Needless to say, we are extremely happy with the services provided. The price was very reasonable and every penny we spent was worth it. I will definitely be coming to Roman Grinev & his team for future photography needs.

Roman Grinev Photography 40
    Roman Grinev Photography 46
    Roman Grinev Photography 47
    Sent on 10/11/2018

Ariel · Married on 08/04/2018

Working with Roman Grinev Photography was a great experience! Roman and my lead photographer, Laura, were very organized making my life MUCH easier with all of the other details I was trying to keep track of. Laura was a calming presence the day of our wedding and the photos are truly fantastic, capturing so many of the details we missed on our wedding day. They provide a lot of service for the great value!

Sent on 10/01/2018