Roman Grinev Photography Reviews

Roman Grinev Photography 6
Roman Grinev Photography 7

Andrew S. · Married on 10/21/2018

Great engagement/wedding photos

To state this up front, we have not actually received the wedding photos yet. My wife and I were married on October 21st at Kentlands Mansion in Gaithersburg, MD, and we hired Roman Grinev Photography for both the wedding and for engagement photos that we took in the spring. Given the quality of the engagement photos (of which we received somewhere between 150 and 200), we have no concerns about posting a 5-star rating before actually receiving the wedding photos.

We chose to have Thomas as our main photographer (for the engagement photos and for 6 hours on our wedding day) and Sean as our secondary photographer (4 hours on our wedding day). A secondary photographer isn't required, but it worked well for us given the layout of the venue. Both were a pleasure to work with--very professional, accommodating, good interactions with our guests, etc. Thomas in particular went above and beyond the call of duty--e.g., he helped pin boutonnieres and bustled my wife's wedding dress after the ceremony. Roman, who does the photo editing and much of the coordination, was also easy to work with.

All of this--two photographers on our wedding day and engagement photos--was reasonably priced given the quality of the photography (about $3,000). There are plenty of extras you can add, but the basics include high-resolution digital copies of the photos.

Morgan · Married on 10/06/2018

Wonderful to work with, wonderful photos!

My husband and I had Rod as our photographer. He did a wonderful job of capturing the day (and was also incredibly friendly)! The photos are beautiful and we especially love how the candid ones during the reception turned out. Throughout the entire process from start to finish, Roman Grinev Photography was so easy to work with and very responsive. I really love how they provide high quality digital copies of all of the photos so that clients can print or use them however they wish.

• Lakisha

Lakisha · Married on 09/08/2018

Roman Grinew Photography!! I cannot adequately express my gratitude for having Rob and Rod as our wedding photographers. So professional, so intuitive, so engaged! Every shot looked like magic. They were not intrusive but directed every posed shot to perfection and the candids were amazing, really captured the love and pure joy of our day! Thank you all so much for everything I couldn’t have asked for anything better! If you are a person looking for a photographer, look no further. Roman and his team are wonderful.

• Meagan

Meagan Gregg · Married on 09/01/2018

More than just a photographer!

My husband and I had Sean as our photographer and he was more than exceptional for our wedding day! Not only was he extremely professional, but he was very kind, friendly, kept track of the things I had forgotten, and even acted as a therapist for me when I had a mini freak out about time. He was genuinely SO happy to be there and we were very comfortable around him like he was a best friend of ours.
    I would definitely recommend using Sean to anyone else, and I'm sure everyone else on the team is just as amazing!

Roman Grinev Photography 8
    Roman Grinev Photography 9
    Roman Grinev Photography 10
    Roman Grinev Photography 11
    Roman Grinev Photography 12

Ruth · Married on 08/18/2018

I worked with Sean from Roman Grinev Photography and he was absolutely amazing! We booked him for our engagement shoot and the wedding day. He was punctual, extremely professional but most importantly, a TERRIFIC photographer. Sean's style of photography is very natural but yet artistic, which was exactly what we wanted. Sean ensured every moment of our wedding captured, from the ceremony to cocktail hour and the reception. Needless to say, we are extremely happy with the services provided. The price was very reasonable and every penny we spent was worth it. I will definitely be coming to Roman Grinev & his team for future photography needs.

Roman Grinev Photography 13
    Roman Grinev Photography 18
    Roman Grinev Photography 19
    Roman Grinev Photography 20

Ariel · Married on 08/04/2018

Working with Roman Grinev Photography was a great experience! Roman and my lead photographer, Laura, were very organized making my life MUCH easier with all of the other details I was trying to keep track of. Laura was a calming presence the day of our wedding and the photos are truly fantastic, capturing so many of the details we missed on our wedding day. They provide a lot of service for the great value!

Gregory · Married on 08/03/2018

We used Thomas and we couldn’t have have asked for someone more professional. As we all know weddings can be unpredictable and Thomas was able to adapt to everything. My groomsmen were even a little roudy and Thomas but everyone into shape and took our photos . I haven’t seen the albums yet but I know they’ll turn out great . Thank you Thomas .

Michael · Married on 07/28/2018

Roman and Jeff did a great job with our engagement and wedding photos. Both were professional and responsive. I would highly recommend them for your big event. Thank you Roman and Jeff!

Terry · Married on 07/28/2018

Working with them was great! They asked us our needs and wants, explained clearly what they could do, and remained flexible throughout the process. The pictures are amazing and complete. We are very happy with their services!

Jessica · Married on 07/14/2018

We could not have been happier with Roman Grinev Photography! I was extremely impressed by the quality of the images on their website and reached out to Roman. Roman worked with me to make a contract that fit our budget and was very flexible when we wanted to add more time to our wedding photography services. Sean was the photographer we chose for our wedding and he captured the joy and love of our celebration perfectly. He showed up on time and work hard for the whole time segment we had hired him for. The photos took seven weeks to be polished before we were able to download and view them but they were well worth the wait. We will treasure the pictures from our wedding forever and will certainly reach out to them again in the future with any other photography needs.

Roman Grinev Photography 21
    Roman Grinev Photography 22
    Roman Grinev Photography 23

Judy · Married on 05/06/2018

Roman was great with communication from the very beginning. He took the time to speak with me and answer all my questions. Selecting a photographer from his team was a very clear process and he accommodated my additional requests to help me make my decision. I loved their price point as well. Laura was my photographer and I couldn't have been happier with our choice. She was extremely understanding of the weather uncertainty. Not to mention, she was also very kind, flexible and accommodating. On the day of, she knew exactly what pictures to take and gave us very clear directions. The photos came on time as promised and turned out amazing! I love that this company focuses on candid storytelling through pictures and I am so happy with everything. They also include a copy of digital negatives to download and own. The pictures aren't watermarked with their company logo and the quality of the photos was great. Highly recommend!

Katharine · Married on 04/28/2018

We worked with Dawn and she was amazing! Very fun and did not make it awkward. We wanted more candids and she did exactly that. They gave us a link to all of the pictures to share with family and friends and an easy way to download them. Extremely reasonably priced as well. Very glad we had the chance to work with them. Highly recommend this company for weddings, or any professional photography needs you may have!

Tina · Married on 03/14/2018

Such great service! I highly recommend!

Emily · Married on 12/16/2017

We had Thomas shoot our recent wedding and everything was seamless! He was incredible to work with and got all the shots we had asked for during a phone consultation. He was very professional and helped us out with much more than just photos. When we didn't know how to put pocket squares in the guys, he jumped in and showed how. He also helped out in instructing how to do my veil and the buttons on my dress and made sure everything looked good. Overall, great experience and highly recommend!

Kelly · Married on 09/30/2017

I had the pleasure of working with Roman Grinev Photography for our September 30th wedding at The Winery at Bull Run! Sean was our photographer and our wedding pictures turned out amazing!!! Sean did a great job of getting all of the photos I wanted, and more! I hardly noticed him the day of, but looking back on the photos he caught so many memories that we have been looking at over and over re-living our special day! Sean did an absolutely phenomenal job! Roman was also a pleasure to work with. Before our wedding, we connected and he answered all of my questions in regards to photos, timelines, etc. He was always very quick to respond- which always makes a bride feel better. I would recommend Sean and Roman Grinev Photography ALL day!!!

Roman Grinev Photography 24
    Roman Grinev Photography 25
    Roman Grinev Photography 26

Glen · Married on 09/23/2017

If you are looking for an experienced and professional photographer, then Mr. Grinev is the one. He is responsible, attentive, and professional. He was able to follow on all our requests for photos even if we had already taken them a few minutes ago. His experience is worth every penny!!

Amy · Married on 09/09/2017

We choose Roman Grinev Photography after seeing samples of their pics online. Tom Wakefield was out photographer - he did both our engagement shoot and our wedding. He was GREAT! Our engagement shoot was a last minute decision where I asked Roman on a Thursday if it could be done on Sat or Sun, and Roman and Tom accommodated. Tom did an incredible job at the wedding of capturing the moments. As the bride, I missed a lot of the things going on in the hour or 2 leading up to the wedding, so it was really nice to see the pics that Tom got of everyone right getting and leading up to the ceremony. He was able to capture great moments without being intrusive - everyone who has seen the pics has commented on how good of a job he did. Since these serve as our memories, we are VERY happy that we went with such a professional company to forever immortalize our special day!!

Brock · Married on 09/03/2017

We had Roman as our photographer. He was very professional and kind during the whole process. He was very easy to get a hold of and the pictures came out amazing. I highly recommend him for your big day!

Alli · Married on 09/02/2017

Roman and his team were great! We booked Napoleon and Thomas, who worked incredibly well together and covered every detail of our wedding. As I was planning the wedding from out of the country, Roman's easy handling of the logistics was much appreciated.

• Lisa

Lisa · Married on 09/02/2017

Amazing Work!!

We had a unique, Viking wedding and Napoleon rose to the challenge!! He was very easy to work with and seemed to truly enjoy our wedding experience! I would highly recommend him for anyone wanting to tell a creative story!

Roman Grinev Photography 27
    Roman Grinev Photography 35
    Roman Grinev Photography 36
    Roman Grinev Photography 37

Amy · Married on 08/19/2017

We used Roman Grinev Photography for our wedding and engagement pictures and couldn't be happier. We had an amazing selection of pictures for a great price. They really captured the wedding day with some great artistic shots. Both Rob and Thomas were very easy to work with and non-intrusive. Roman is very quick to respond to any questions and helped us to work within our budget. I would recommend them to anyone and would definitely use them again! Thanks!!

Taylor · Married on 08/12/2017

We had a great experience using Roman Grinev Photography for our wedding on August 12th, 2017. We chose to have Napoleon as our photographer, and we included an engagement photo session in our package. We met Napoleon for the first time in person at the location for our engagement photo session in June, and he was very friendly. He was very quick to scope out the venue, and found some nice locations to take pictures. We received almost 300 photos from the session, and they turned out great!

To prepare for the wedding, Roman had us fill out a form with specifics of our timeline, and we also could give details on how we wanted to do our photos (location, portraits, etc.). During the day of the wedding, Napoleon started by taking getting-ready pictures at the hotel. He then drove to the venue ahead of us, and the bridal party, to start taking pictures of my wedding dress and the venue. He worked closely with our videographer and day-of-coordinator to make sure all the important things were captured the way we wanted, without being in anyone’s way. During the wedding ceremony, he moved all over the place very quickly and professionally, and neither we, nor the guests, noticed him at all. We did not know he was moving around so much until we received our photos, which was amazing! He also got a variety of photos during our wedding reception, and he was able to take us aside during the reception to take some additional portrait photos of my husband and I.

It took about 7 weeks to get the pictures back to us, which we didn’t mind, since we were initially told it would take about 8 weeks. We received almost 1500 pictures, and we are very happy with them! We highly recommend Roman Grinev Photography and Napoleon for your wedding photography!

Bertha · Married on 07/22/2017

The pictures were stunning. I couldn't believe the quality and the great moments they captured. They photographer that came out was easy to work with. Totally recommend them!

Joia · Married on 07/16/2017

Although we don't have our official pictures yet, we just know we're going to be so pleased with them! We met with Roman several months ago and decided to hire him and his team on the spot. We were impressed with Roman's obvious knowledge and experience, and the portfolios of the photographers available to choose from. We chose Thomas as our photographer and, from the initial phone call to the big day, he exceeded every expectation we had from a photographer. Thomas was so friendly and helpful throughout the event, and seemed to be everywhere at all times! Our guests raved about how personable he was, and both the groom and I were impressed with the shots he suggested, the shots he knew to take when we didn't ask, and his ability to capture so many perfect moments - he even helped the groomsmen put on their boutonnieres! With over 4,000 pictures taken within his time with us, we just know we're going to have the amazing memories from our wedding last us a lifetime. Thank you!!

Update: As an update to my earlier review, we've now received our pictures - over 1,300 beautiful, amazing pictures that commemorate what an amazing day we had! With a variety of angles, poses, lighting, etc., the pictures truly capture all of the personality, love and happiness that encompassed our wedding. Thank you to Thomas for such incredible work, and thank to you Roman for the fantastic experience! We HIGHLY recommend Roman Grinev for all of your photography needs!