Roland Gozun Photography Reviews

Roland Gozun Photography 7
  • Shannon

Shannon Balthazor · Getting married on 01/08/2020

Creative, Inspiring, Professional & Hardworking

Roland and Jane shot our wedding last August and I have only positive comments to say about them:
    1. The artistry and quality of the pictures themselves were excellent.
    Not only were the final pictures wonderful, but they were shot in such a way that they needed very little editing or retouching. -For any welders out there reading this: Roland is a welder, not a grinder. ;) - in other words his work is already so good it does not need editing. He understands lighting and how to use it to make the shot and the people in it look magical. When I looked through our pictures and pictures of other weddings I realized that each was very unique and captured the mood of the day.

2. Professionalism: Replies were prompt, concise and timely. Any questions or concerns I had were addressed thoroughly. The contract and terms were clear and fair. And Roland and Jane were friendly and warm while remaining focused and professional. They are very easy to work with.

3. Flexibility: My wedding was in the States - I live in Europe. Finding a time between a 7 hour time difference to video conference was not always easy in regard to wedding planning - but Roland was able to make it work very easily. We were also very happy with the shots of neighbors and friends and family that we got from the wedding!! I add this to flexibility because he had a lot of requests coming from all sides of my family! With a big family and lots of kids, it is not always easy to capture the beauty in the chaos - but somehow they did.

4. Hard working
    Roland and Jane put in a long day's work at our wedding - they showed up early and went home late. My whole family was impressed by workday that they put in - considering this is coming from dairy farmers - that says something.

5. Price:
    More than fairly priced for the value! WORTH EVERY SINGLE PENNY!!

Sent on 05/03/2019
    Roland Gozun Photography 8
    Roland Gozun Photography 9
    Roland Gozun Photography 10

Katelyn Shaw · Married on 06/15/2019

Talented and Trustworthy photographer !

Roland & Jane were amazing from the day we contacted them a year prior to our wedding to the day we received our gorgeous wedding photos . Roland is a great communicator which allowed us one less thing to worry about during stressful wedding planning . The photos turned out amazing ! Would recommend to everyone.

Sent on 08/19/2019
  • Marty

Marty Dubin · Married on 06/02/2019

Captured The Beauty of the Occasion, As Well As The Personalities

Roland was prompt, accommodating, and knowledgeable throughout the entire wedding planning process. He traveled quite a ways to shoot our engagement photos at the location we wanted. During the shoot, he coached us through poses that would result in some beautiful portraits, while also capturing our goofy, geeky personalities in between. Neither of us were used to being photographed, and he was able to get us to relax and get some gorgeous natural shots.

For the wedding itself, he was brilliant. He wrangled the rather large bridal party (18 people) with ease, and was able to get all the shots that we wanted with plenty of time to spare on our wedding day, but in pre-ceremony and during the ceremony. Once the reception arrived, we had asked that he try to "capture as much candid gold as possible," and he delivered. My cheeks were hurting from smiling so much as I scrolled through the galleries.

I could not have asked for a better resource or person in Roland. Should I ever need another professional photographer, he's my guy, and I hope he'll be yours as well.

Sent on 08/16/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 05/25/2019

Wonderful Experience Fantastic Photos!

After getting married two weeks ago I have already received a few teaser photos and they are STUNNING! Picking a photographer can be nerve wracking with so many options out there but this was the best experience! Starting from the engagement photo shoot Roland was so nice and he helped us to relax and take some wonderful photos. On the wedding day we had the pleasure of having his lovely wife help out with the pictures. We were having so much fun and we’re able to relax with them. No details were missed, the shots we received were hard to pick just one for Thank you’s! We are thrilled with our experience!

Sent on 06/13/2019
  • Leslie

Leslie · Married on 05/10/2019

Wonderful Photographers!!

Choosing Roland and Jane Gozun to photograph our recent wedding was one of the best decisions we made. They are incredibly talented and our pictures truly blew us away. All of the details, laughter and even a few tears were beautifully captured in their photographs. They are absolute professionals and looking through these pictures have made us so happy! Our wedding was on Mother's Day weekend and we were so pleased with how quickly the Gozun's were able to turn around a few photos - specifically portraits with our mothers. All of two days later, they were thrilled to receive these photos as gifts. Such a quick turnaround also let me order and send out photo thank you cards earlier than I had anticipated! Thank you so much to Roland and Jane!

Sent on 07/18/2019
  • Abena

Abena Berry · Married on 04/13/2019

Roland is the best there is! No competition!

BOOK ROLAND NOW!! There is no better photographer!! Roland and his wife Jane were exceptional! They captured all of the beautiful moments of our wedding day from getting ready until partying at the reception. Looking through our wedding photos we are able to relive the day in its totality because they captured every single significant moment. People cannot stop talking about how amazing our wedding photos are as well as our engagement photos (Roland shot those as well). Roland and his wife are also extremely kind! They make you feel at ease. They are extremely professional and likable. As part of hiring them for the wedding, Roland gives you a complimentary 3 hour engagement shoot. Just like the wedding, Roland followed our vision and made it come to life for our engagement shoot as well. My husband and I cannot stop talking about how great and talent Roland is. We joke about wishing he could just follow us in everyday life capturing photos. We could not have hired a better photographer and his wife who is the assistant photographer is equally as talented. On the morning of our wedding they worked exceptionally as a team to capture both of us and our sides of the bridal party getting ready, despite us being on separate floors of the hotel. My husband and I met with many photographers and no one compared to Roland. His talent, personality, and passion are unmatched. If you want the best, you have found it!

Sent on 05/05/2019
    Roland Gozun Photography 24
  • Javon

Javon · Married on 04/13/2019

Simply Amazing!!!

Roland and his wife Jane are PHENOMENAL!!! They do great work and and will be in communication with you every step of the way. Our package included a complimentary engagement shoot that was fantastic. Roland is a master of lighting and camera angles. He will make sure your pictures come out flawless. On our wedding day everything was captured from getting ready to partying on the dance floor. My wife and I met with a ton of photographers for our wedding and Roland was by far the best choice. If i could give him a million starts i would. Don't hesitate to book him. He will go above and beyond to ensure your wedding day is captured perfectly!!!!!

Sent on 05/22/2019
  • NJameh

Njameh Russell-Camara · Married on 10/27/2018

Professional and Dynamic Duo

Roland and Jane are dynamite. They are very flexible with locations and are down to improvise a location on the spot. We are from milwaukee and they met us for our engagement photos in Chicago and then milwaukee for our wedding. Extremely professional and communicative. They make sure to cover all of their bases. If something didn’t happen for you, it’s because you needed to communicate beforehand. Also, my mother is a Filipina and Jane was so lovely to help my mom with her Maria Clara style of dressing.

Sent on 12/13/2018

Carrie Dzike · Married on 09/14/2018

Modern and Candid Photography!

Roland and Jane did an amazing job with the photography at our wedding. We were so happy we went with them! They were so pleasant to work with, and were so excited to share our day. We had multiple guests tell us they did or almost teared up looking at the final product! They really captured our wedding as it was.

Sent on 12/21/2018
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Kraemer · Married on 09/08/2018

Timely, Wonderful, Artsy/Traditional Wedding Photographer(s)

Whether new to wedding planning or researching for a while, you will not be disappointed with Roland Gozun Photography. Knowledgeable and experienced, Roland and his wife Jane made our wedding day flow with ease while creating memories to last a lifetime. Throughout the entire process, Roland was available by phone and/or email to answer the plethora of questions we threw at him, while also customizing a package that worked for my husband and I. He and Jane even met us at the venue one day to walk the resort and gather photo ideas, without charging us an extra fee to do so. Once the big day came, I felt comfortable knowing what to expect as well as having a timeline to follow. Very honest and not pushy – works with you and your vision while sprinkling their expertise throughout. My biggest suggestion to everyone is to listen to your photographer when they say use the timeline template and have a list of photos you want to ensure you capture. Your wedding day will fly by in the blink of an eye, so the more you can discuss with your photographer(s) ahead of time, the less you need to worry about on your Big day. Roland Gozun Photography offered not only the traditional wedding photos, but an artsy spin on all the details and moments you want captured. Roland and Jane also work very well together, keeping things moving forward with their calming yet can-do attitude. If you want timely professional photographers with amazing photos willing to go the extra mile, Roland Gozun Photography is for you. Thanks Roland and Jane!

Sent on 12/03/2018

Brittany · Married on 08/18/2018

Roland and his wife were an amazing team. It was great having two photographers especially for the getting ready photos of Dan and I.
    They were professional from the beginning. When my mom and I first met them, they were prepared with examples of the photos and an example of their beautiful album. We were impressed from the beginning.
    Before the wedding, they made sure to have all of the information including all of the special photos I wanted and unique parts of my wedding.
    On the day of my wedding, they came ready to go and took all of the photos I wanted and more. They even helped us all pose to create perfect photos. They have a natural ability to see how to see the right moments and get great photos.
    They stayed to the very end of our wedding and took a bunch of fun photos of us and our friends and family. I am so happy with the final product.

Sent on 10/07/2018

Erin · Married on 08/11/2018

Beyond happy!

We worked with Roland for our engagement pictures and then with him and his wife for our wedding day. I cannot day enough about the amazing work that they do! My husband has an amazing smile, but hates having his picture taken in more formal settings. Roland made both our engagement and wedding pictures fun and relaxing and he was able to capture the smile I love! We have been married for 2 months and there has not been a single day that I have not looked at our pictures. I continue to be blown away by how beautiful they are and how they captured every detail of our day. Roland checked in with us every step of the way and made everything easy and stress free. We have received so many compliments from friends and family about our pictures and so many let out a “wow” and are speechless. We would highly recommend Roland Gozun to friends, family, and strangers; his photos are truly works of art.

Sent on 10/28/2018

Jessica · Married on 07/07/2018

Roland and his wife Jane are the absolute best! They were both so kind and easy to work with. They really listened to what we wanted and ran with it! After getting our sneak peek photos back I cannot wait to see the rest, their skills highly surpassed out expectations!

Sent on 07/19/2018

Jeff · Married on 05/27/2018

At this point I've only seen the preview, but I am very excited to see the final product. During the wedding and reception they were always at the right place at the right time capturing the best moments of our big day! They don't use photoshop to get impressive pictures, just an artistic eye and great skills with lighting. I am extremely happy we chose Roland to be our photographer. Do yourself a favor and pick him too!

Sent on 06/08/2018
    Roland Gozun Photography 25

Parul · Married on 05/26/2018

Roland was willing to work with our budget and was helpful in making sure we knew tips of the trade; both of which seemed hard to come by. He also was timely in arriving the day of (even if we weren't meeting our own schedule!), didn't distract from the ongoing procession/ceremony while still getting great photos, and met our requests of balance in terms of what/who all we wanted to photograph. He suggested great places, especially capturing phenomenal natural lighting. He was quick in getting great photos to us; so top notch from beginning to end. I truly appreciated his no nonsense style (a real professional); we never felt pressured like with other photographers we consulted with and his quiet demeanor was calming. I'd highly recommend going through his Facebook page albums since they really show the quality of his work. It helps to know where you want photos taken beforehand, but even if you don't Roland will be able to see picture-perfect shots throughout the day, indoor or outdoor. I'd recommend him to my friends and family!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Lilia · Married on 04/06/2018

Roland and Jane left us speechless! They photographed our wedding in early April. As Chicago natives know, the weather could be hit or miss in April. They were wonderful, punctual, organized and feared the cold with us while taking our photos outside our venue on the golf course.

Before our wedding day, I spoke with Roland to go over the questionnaire we filled out leading up to our wedding. He took notes and was informed on the schedule for the day. He was professional and organized and made me, as a bride, feel so much more at ease. On the actual wedding date, he was sure to follow up and make sure we got all the shots that we wanted. He was patient and kind and made the whole process fun!

Roland sent us all our photos within 4 weeks of our wedding date and we had a preview within a few days. It made our honeymoon that much sweeter to look at our blog post with our wedding photos. We have received nothing but great compliments on all our photos from all our family. We relived our day once we received all the photos. He caught all the pictures we wanted. We looks forward to having the opportunity to work with him in the future. Again, thank you SO MUCH for capturing our day amazingly

Sent on 05/08/2018

Jeaneth · Married on 12/25/2017

Sooo fast to process & finish our wedding photos!

Sent on 02/15/2018
  • Ekab

Emma · Married on 11/11/2017

Roland and Jane were absolutely spectacular. Of all of our vendors, they were the easiest to work with, extremely professional, their work is absolutely stunning, and they go our pictures back to us edited less than a month after our wedding day! They are worth every penny! I kid you not, many of our guests later commented on how Roland and Jane were fantastic at being in all of the right places at all of the right times while still being unobtrusive. Roland and Jane captured photos in moments when i didn't even realize they were present! The two of them make an awesome team, and I highly suggest you take the time to meet with them and see their work. I can't say enough amazing things about them, I am so happy with how the photos came out!

Sent on 12/08/2017
  • Y

Liz · Married on 10/07/2017

I absolutely recommend Roland and Jane! Their photography is unique because they use light to capture moments and detail. They were able to capture emotions, wedding day details, etc. that help us remember our entire day. They’re easy to work with and professional. They definitely have a vision and run with it, and they’re easy to trust because of their proven track record/work they post on social media. I absolutely recommend them to others and would hire them again for future life events!!!

Sent on 11/12/2017

Dani · Married on 09/23/2017

My husband and I worked with Roland and Jane over the course of a year before our wedding. We had an engagement shoot in September of 2016 at Independence Grove, and we worked with them in September 2017 at our wedding at Kemper Lakes. For both experiences, they were kind, professional, fun, and so attentive to detail. It felt like we were working with family friends as opposed to people we had hired to capture the best day of our lives together. When we first booked with them, Roland was amazing in working with us to customize a package that included everything we wanted and not things we didn’t need. This was very special to us as we had met with other people who were rigid on their photo service packages. Despite having a year between meetings, Roland and Jane stayed in touch with us all through our planning. They asked questions to get to know us and our styles, took all of the Pinterest photos we sent and shared to heart, and were able to really understand the types of pictures we wanted. On top of all of this, they were an absolute joy to work with—do kind in taking our requests and working with our very large wedding party, and very great with making us feel natural and relaxed when it was just the four of us. As a bonus, the payment and communication with them was SO EASY! I will definitely recommend them to all of our friends and family. In fact, one friend at the wedding who got married three months earlier said she was so upset that she didn’t know about hem sooner for her wedding!!

Sent on 10/29/2017
    Roland Gozun Photography 26
    Roland Gozun Photography 27
    Roland Gozun Photography 28
    Roland Gozun Photography 29
    Roland Gozun Photography 30

Ashley · Married on 09/09/2017

Roland and Jane made our photos come to life! Before our wedding we had a consultation where we saw pieces of their work. We filled out a survey of questions which was very helpful for us to explain and list particular and special parts of our wedding that we wanted captured, I thought that was very nice. Throughout the day they were helpful by coaching us certain ways to pose. The other half of the day we didn't even notice they were there, and those were some of the best photos of things we didn't see! I would recommend this couple to anyone needing photographers. Our photos are absolutely spectacular, you can tell how much work and care they put into them. Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/13/2017

Ewa · Married on 09/02/2017

Roland and his wife did a perfect job capturing the important parts of our wedding! Truly an amazing photographer!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Chelsea · Married on 08/26/2017

We are so glad we went with Roland! Where do I begin? We met Roland over a year before our wedding and I fell in love with his work from that moment. Watching photos of other weddings he has done I was amazed and wondered if my wedding photos would look that good. We told Roland from the beginning that both my husband and I are really bad when it comes to taking photos. Not sure where to look, do I smile or not, etc. he was so good at telling us where to look, when to kiss, when to smile or not smile, etc and I thought that was great. My fear was that no one would tell me what to do and that my photos would look weird, like I’m trying too hard to pose for the picture. Roland and his wife directed us through the whole way and made us feel so comfortable! We also asked if we could take photos at a special spot down the road from our venue and they had no issue with that at all! I wouldn’t have gone with anyone else and I would recommend him to everyone! If you are looking for a photographer, you can just stop right here!

Sent on 09/27/2017

Karissa · Married on 08/19/2017

Roland and Jane went above and beyond for our wedding! They not only took amazing and timeless photographs, they also helped us keep the wedding running smoothly- true professionals in every sense! The quality, quantity, and staging of the pictures were top notch! From sunset photos, to nighttime romantic views, to perfectly capturing the amount of sheer fun our guests had, we will be able to relive our wedding day for the rest of our lives through these stunning photos! We are beyond impressed, truly grateful, and highly recommend Gozun Photography. If you are looking for a wedding photographer, your search ends here. Thanks again Roland and Jane! :)

Sent on 09/10/2017

Ashley · Married on 08/18/2017

Roland was recommended through a friend of a friend, and he truly was a blessing! He was able to capture so many great snapshots throughout the day and even captured moments that I missed. Roland has a great attention to detail, an artistic eye, a very easy going and patient personality. We had a wonderful time working with him and his wife Jane. We made the best choice in photographer and will be forever grateful! I would highly recommend choosing Roland Gozun Photography!

Sent on 09/13/2017