Rochester NY Wedding Cakes Reviews

Rochester NY Wedding Cakes 4
Rochester NY Wedding Cakes 5

Sue Foust · Getting married on 08/04/2020

Top notch sweets table

The pastry table at my daughter's wedding was amazing!!!! Every single thing was delicious and everyone raved about the selection. Michael provided such a beautiful assortment of the most delicious pastries ever. The birthday cake was absolutely amazing as well, it was so delicious and just stunning to look at. It certainly was a huge hit! I would highly recommend Rochester NY Wedding Cakes, great people, outstanding service, stunning pastries at a reasonable price!

Sent on 04/22/2019
  • Kathy

Kathy Magee · Married on 07/07/2019

Amazing Experience!!!!!

I had an absolutely wonderful experience working with Michael on my nieces bridal shower, he was so helpful in my dessert planning, his response time to my emails was right on. I would highly recommend Rochesternywedding cakes to all . He is now helping me with a baby shower!!!!
    Kathy Magee

Sent on 06/07/2019

Samantha · Married on 06/23/2019

If 10 stars were an option I would give them 11.

Best cakes in Rochester. As a journeyman baker and cake decorator myself I can really appreciate the love and time that goes into an amazing cake. Michael is decorating the cake for my baby shower currently, and upon finding out that my husband is not a cake eater...he sent us home with a full tasting including the most incredible cheesecake I’ve ever had. Michael has made EVERYTHING easy for us with the exception of choosing a cake flavor. My husbands response to the cakes?
    After he ate nearly 6 slices “he didn’t really like cake before because he had never had a good one”. We have no intentions of getting cake from anywhere else, just so long as chef Michael is still baking them.

Sent on 03/27/2019
  • Shantlace

Shantlace Wade · Married on 05/31/2019

Most Amazing Tasting Cake

I had a small gathering and needed a special cake. My friends and I could not stop talking about how amazing this cake tasted. We’ve never eaten a cake so well balanced in flavors and textures. And he made the cake so beautiful to look at. I can’t wait for the next special occasion. We’ve decided to only order cakes from Michael.

Sent on 06/01/2019
  • Shanna

Shanna · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing baker to work with!

Michael and Erin are awesome! They gave us the best wedding cake and it tasted delicious! We had a large reduction of guest attending and they accommodated us even though we already paid for it in full!

Michael listened to our every wish and delivered a wonderful cake! We would order from them for any occasion!

Sent on 06/06/2019
    Rochester NY Wedding Cakes 6
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 05/04/2019

Such amazing quality and taste!

When we went for the cake tasting we got I think about 12 full size pieces and frostings to try. Everything was amazingly delicious! We got a two tier cutting cake and four different flavors of cupcakes. They were all a hit! Michael was so easy to work with and we had so much fun choosing all the flavors! Our cake was absolutely beautiful too! There were so many different flavor options too!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Marie · Married on 09/30/2018

Not only did everything look wonderful, it was delicious. We had many guests inquire where we got our pastries. We are so glad we went with Michael.

Sent on 10/02/2018
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 09/15/2018

I found Rochester NY Wedding Cakes by doing a Google search. I checked out the website and looked at the work they did, and ultimately decided to give them a try. My fiance and I went to do a cake tasting and couldn't have been more impressed and pleased after that appointment. Very professional and the spread of cakes and flavors to taste were amazing! We liked them so much that we picked several flavors for our wedding cake and booked right away. Rochester NY Wedding Cakes is affordable and you will be amazed at the quality of work and designs they can create for your special day. HIGHLY recommend!!!

Sent on 07/19/2018

Christine · Married on 08/25/2018

Savoia's Bakery didn't work for our business so we found Rochester Wedding cakes by accident. I am so grateful we did! This cake was one of the highlights of my daughter's wedding. Mike was able to give us the ombre look my daughter wanted. It was so beautiful. The cake was so moist and delicious. So many people were raving about the appearance then the taste all evening and for the next two days after the wedding. Mike wanted our business and earned it with his classy presentation when we met with him. We were thrilled with this quality vendor and HIGHLY recommend Rochester Wedding Cakes. - Mother of the bride

Sent on 08/27/2018
    Rochester NY Wedding Cakes 7
    Rochester NY Wedding Cakes 8
    Rochester NY Wedding Cakes 9
    Rochester NY Wedding Cakes 10

Dave · Married on 04/28/2018

Michael made our wedding cake and it was amazing!! It all started with an outstanding cake tasting experience, many flavor combinations and options! We went with a buttercream frosting for superior taste, it was so smooth, people were amazed it was not fondant. Not only did the cake look great, the flavors were simply delicious. We went with 3 different flavors with a cake for 100, 85 showed up, we only had 5 extra pieces left at the end! The venue said they've never seen cake go so fast before. Very happy we went with Michael for our cake! We'll definitely look to him for specialty cakes in the future.

Sent on 05/12/2018

Briana · Married on 09/16/2017

Our wedding cake and pastries were the talk of the night! Michael definitely exceeded our expectations and wowed our guest! Thank you so much for an amazing display that we will not forget.

Sent on 09/19/2017

Katie · Married on 05/20/2017

Michael and his wife were absolutely incredible to work with and our wedding cake and cupcakes were perfect! We first had their cake at our DJs VIP event and knew right away that we wanted to work with them for our wedding. My tasting with him was wonderful - he gave us about 10-12 different cake slices with different icings to try with each. We were able to take the leftovers home with us, which gave us the chance to have other family members taste the cake and make recommendations. Michael was very flexible and responsive to my emails and phone calls, and had a lot of ideas and options for us! His product is equally delicious and beautiful! We hope to work with them again in the future for other family events!

Sent on 06/06/2017

Lisa · Married on 09/03/2016

Wedding cake

Mike’s cake was delicious! When we went for our tasting, there were so many options and each one exceeded our taste buds expectations. Mike worked with us to plan and create the cake just as we requested.

Sent on 12/07/2018

Jessica · Married on 05/07/2016

OMG Mike Walsh is an amazing baker and decorator. I had always assumed wedding cake was just kind of dry and no one ever ate it so what did it really matter.... Umm I was SO wrong. From the moment we met Mike I instantly liked him and then we started tasting his cake I was BLOWN away. They are so delicious I had three different flavors and types of wedding cakes, I also had him make pies for the pie bar at our welcome party - also amazing. So many people asked me about both and where this bakery was to go order things. Mike also designed a perfect Game of Thrones grooms cake for me as a surprise to my husband which turned out amazing. I can't wait to continue to use Mike for everything - simply the best!

Sent on 05/22/2016
  • james

james · Married on 08/15/2014

Absolutely beautiful wedding cakes! We got both our wedding cake and the surprise grooms cake there

Pros: Cakes were beautiful and he worked with me to customize them the way we wanted and they turned out even better than expected. I got to have every layer a different flavor and they were all delicious! The tasting was free and he gave so many different samples. He also lowered the price when our counts lowered without changing the size of the cake. He was so passionate about what he did it was a pleasure to work with him.

Con: Did not provide a box for the top layer of the cake or grooms cake so they were a little difficult to get home

Sent on 08/17/2014

I tasted wedding cake from three different bakeries and the first two did not compare to the quality of product provided by Rochester NY wedding cakes. For the tasting, Michael, the pastry chef, meets you and your fiance with all the information ready to go, examples of his work, and a delicious selection of cakes, frostings, and fillings to try at home. I would have never even thought of the amazing and delicious combinations that were presented to us (I'm talking a cheesecake layer in a carrot cake with cream cheese buttercream people!). He displayed complete competence and confidence in his work and came across as actually excited to possibly pursue any ideas we had for flavors, etc. Very refreshing in a wedding vendor!

Sent on 09/21/2013

Heather · Married on 09/14/2012

The flavors were all delicious! I also got my grooms cake through him and he did a wonderful job!

Sent on 09/26/2012