Robert Ryan Catering & Design Reviews

157 | Collegeville, PA

157 Reviews for Robert Ryan Catering & Design

Laura · Married on 05/05/2012

Thank you Robert Ryan Catering for everything you did to make our wedding so wonderful! From our first meeting with Bob, we were impressed with his professionalism and attention to detail. These two traits were consistent throughout the entire wedding process with RRC - from initial meeting to preparation to execution. Courtney was incredible to work with while we coordinated all details related to food and service - she was positive, responsive, understanding, and flexible. After our tasting, we expected delicious food at our wedding, and we were not disappointed. The appetizers and entrees were wonderful, and we received many, many compliments. The service, however, exceeded our expectations. Angela and her staff perfectly executed all aspects of service at the reception. Drinks were butlered at all the right times to prevent lines at the bar, my husband and I were met with a server dedicated to make sure that we had enough food/drink, and the entire event ran like clockwork. We are so pleased with our decision and would certainly recommend Robert Ryan Catering for any catering need. We could not have asked for more! Laura and Tim

Sent on 05/30/2012
  • Jo

Jo · Married on 03/31/2012

There are not even enough words to even begin to explain just how amazing the staff at Robert Ryan are. My mom found them in the phonebook 16 years ago when we were in a pinch for my sister's rehearsal dinner. From then on we have used them for every occassion; from my sweet 16 party to my parent's house warming party. They truly define a family business. For our wedding weekend, we used them for both our rehearsal dinner at their venue The Columbia Station and then as the caterers for our wedding at the Phoenxiville Foundry. I never have met anyone as passionate about food at Bob Ryan. My husband said he wants a recording of Bob's voice to listen to because he decribes food in a way that no one else can. And the descriptions are nothing compared to their presentation of food! It's truly art. And it tastes AMAZING. Bob is also backed by an unbelieveable staff. His assistant Courtney is not only the most helpful person I've ever worked with, she is by far the nicest woman you'll ever meet. Bob's day-of coordinator Angela is a super woman. I don't know how she does it, but she runs a wedding as if there are 6 of her. Everyone at Robert Ryan is extremely talented, dedicated and some of the friendliest peopele in the industry. Everyone should be lucky enough to work with a group of people like the folks at Robert Ryan. They really provide a personal element to such a large event and we are SO thankful for everything they did to make our wedding as amazing as it was.

Sent on 04/25/2012

Althea & Ed · Married on 11/19/2011

From our first contact with Bob Ryan in November last year, we knew that his company was going to be our choice for our Daughter Marisa's Wedding Reception. Throughout the planning process, tasting of the Cocktail Hour and Entree selections, plus the day of Wedding was an outstanding experience. Bob, Courtney, Stephanie and Angela our Wedding coordinator the night of the reception. including the wait staff were fabulous. Angela's attentive manner throughout the evening to ensure that every detail was met for Marisa and our guests was constant from the time we walked in till the end of the reception. Finally, what can we say about the food other than it was Delicious and every guest commented on the quality, taste and presentation. Thank you for making Marisa & Michael's Wedding Reception the best gift Althea and I could give them to start their life together. Sincerely, Ed Rolfe

Sent on 11/23/2011

Robert Ryan Catering & Design's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful words Mr. Rolfe! We understand the importance of a daughter's happiness to her father. That's why we made sure everything was done to guarantee her satisfaction on that special day. It was our pleasure and we thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to do so!

Rebecca · Married on 11/04/2011

I cannot say enough good things about Robert Ryan Catering. We had our wedding at their venue, Columbia Station, on 11.4.11. Starting with all of the meetings and communications we had before the event, the staff at Robert Ryan was extremely prompt and gracious in responding to all my questions. Kristen and Stephanie were amazing! They were organized, thorough, and very friendly. All of my emails and calls were returned on the day that I sent/placed them. When I dropped off all our various wedding supplies the day before, the staff made me feel completely confident that everything would go exactly as I pictured. And it did!
    On the day of the wedding, my wedding party was greeted in the caboose with appetizers and a champagne toast. The staff was awesome at checking on our party throughout the cocktail hour time, making sure we always had drinks and had plenty of hors d'Oeuvres. Brides told me all the time that they didn't get to eat at their reception - not me! I also heard after the fact that the servers found my mom and brought her out a selection of the hot hors d'Oeuvres for her at her cocktail table - that level of service is awesome! They knew the MOB needed to eat and made sure it happened!
    During the reception, our coordinator, Alia, was amazing - always checking on us to make sure everything was going smoothly and that we were happy. The food was elegantly prepared and absolutely delicious - and hot! My guests are still talking about how it was the best wedding food they have ever had. All of the wedding events went perfectly, and our tables were set up exactly how I envisioned.
    If you're planning a wedding in the area, do not hesitate to choose Robert Ryan Catering. You will absolutely be blown away by the friendliness, level of services and quality of product you will receive.

Sent on 11/28/2011

Robert Ryan Catering & Design's reply:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I know you claimed to be not able of saying enough good things but if that's the truth then you definitely came as close as humanly possible. It was a pleasure working with you! We hope to help you celebrate some time in the future! Congratulations!

Jennifer · Married on 10/22/2011

From day one, Robert Ryan was as professional as could be. Bob is completely honest with everything up front, so there are no surprises when you get the final bill or see the final set up. We were a little nervous at first, since we had our reception at the Phoenixville Foundry, and we needed to hire a caterer. Most places, like Country Clubs, have people working for them that take care of everything. The Foundry was different - we needed a caterer to run everything. Our nerves went right away the first time we talked to Bob. He is so professional, and caters to your every need. His assistants, such as Courtney, respond so quickly to every email/phone call.

Most importantly, the food is absolutely phenomenal! I can't say enough about the presentation and taste of the food. We had so many compliments from our guests.

I would highly recommend Robert Ryan to anyone looking for a caterer - they pay so much attention to detail that I promise you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/26/2011

Robert Ryan Catering & Design's reply:

Wow! We're glad the feeling was mutual; we loved working with you as much as you loved working with us! Congratulations again! Kevin and you are such an amazing couple and we wish you a lifetime of happiness together!
  • Adam

Adam · Married on 09/16/2011

Robert Ryan made it easy and effortless to get everything together we needed to have a fantastic wedding. We were more of a do-it-yourself couple and we were shocked at the amount of time and effort the staff put into our wedding. It was hard to not be in control-but they did a supurb job of calming our nerves and making sure everything was set up correctly. Everyone was raving about the food- from the savory appetizers to the sit down meals, our guests were extremely happy with our selections because they were delicious! The staff catered to the couples familes and our parent's were pleasently surprised at the great service. Robert Ryan was all around a pleasure to work with and are complete wedding professionals!

Sent on 10/04/2011

Robert Ryan Catering & Design's reply:

We'd like to send a sincere thank you from the entire Robert Ryan Catering crew. The reason we're able to continue our success is because of magnificent clients like Katie and you! It was a real pleasure and we hope to be a part of any future celebrations. Congratulations!

Kristen · Married on 08/19/2011

Everything put together for our wedding was perfect! I've received nothing but rave reviews from my guests on the food! All of the special touches added made the day complete, my favorite being my mojito bar :) Robert Ryan's staff made every step of the planning process so easy & took care of me the whole way through to the end. I couldn't have been happier with my choice in caterer!

Sent on 10/23/2011

Robert Ryan Catering & Design's reply:

How nice of you to share your wonderful experience here on Wedding Wire. We truly appreciate your amazing review and hope we have the chance to wow you in the future when you decide to plan another event! It was a real pleasure working with you to make your special day exactly as you imagined it! Thanks again!

Heather · Married on 07/30/2011

If you want innovative and tasty food for you wedding or event then Robert Ryan is perfect for you. The food at our wedding was more than we could ask for thanks to Robert Ryan. They have an endless menu to choose from, or would work with you if you wanted something a little different. Bob and his crew always had new ideas they were working on to keep their menu expanding and current, and changed with the season. There was an endless amount of food from cocktail hour to dessert. The food was all very hot and tasty for each guest and got rave reviews from everyone!

Sent on 09/06/2011

Robert Ryan Catering & Design's reply:

Thank you! We strive to achieve all those things you mentioned in your review and then some to satisfy such wonderful clients. You're right about our constantly expanding menus so be sure to get in touch with us for your next event to try some new delicious cuisine! Congratulations again! It was a pleasure!

Rachael · Married on 07/23/2011

We had the pleasure of working with Robert Ryan Catering for our wedding and they were absolutely phenomenal! From start to finish our wedding day was perfect and we have them to thank! All of their staff is very friendly and helpful and the food is delicious with a creative style. We would strongly recommend Robert Ryan Catering to all and are very appreciative to them for making our wedding day a success!

Sent on 08/14/2011

Robert Ryan Catering & Design's reply:

Thank you newly Mrs. Colonnello! Your kind words are greatly appreciated! It was our pleasure to provide a perfect wedding for such a wonderful couple and it would be our privilege to work with you again in the future. We wish you and Michael a lifetime of happiness!

Stephanie and Angela at Robert Ryan are the most absolutely wonderful people ever! We used them for my sister's wedding and we loved them so much that we used them for my wedding as well. They are a full-service caterer. They provide help with everything from food, to decorations, to timelines and schedules. They are excellent at what they do. My entire family loves them! Their food is delicious- go to a tasting and discover how tasteful their selections are. LOVE THEM!

Sent on 08/09/2012

Laura · Married on 06/25/2011

Absolutely delicious catering! They listened to everything that we wanted and tweaked each dish to be perfect for our special day! Our guests LOVED the food served at our wedding. Bob Ryan makes you feel at ease from the first phone call- I wouldn't go with anyone else! The level of service and attention to detail is impeccable! I will certainly use them again in the future and recommend them to everyone planning a major event. Thank you, Robert Ryan Team for making our wedding so special!!!

Sent on 08/23/2011

Robert Ryan Catering & Design's reply:

Thank you for the courteous review! Your kind words will not go unnoticed. We hope to work with you again in the future as it was such a pleasure to plan your wedding! Best wishes to the wonderful couple! You and Mike deserve nothing but the best!

Cassie · Married on 06/03/2011

Robert Ryan Catering and Columbia Station were phenomenal when it came to planning my wedding. I was very impressed and so happy with the staff. Courtney Hoff was who I worked with through out every step and she was so helpful and sweet and made my wedding planning so much easier. The food was incredible. We loved the choice of appetizers and entrees. We received many compliments from our guests on how good the food was. Bob Ryan knew exactly what he was talking about when it came to food and service. Robin was very good the day of the wedding also. She made sure everything ran smooth and did a wonderful job. I can't express enough how pleased and happy my husband, my family and I were with Robert Ryan and Columbia Station. They made my wedding day perfect and I was sad to see the day over. Thank you so much to everyone at Robert Ryan Catering, especially Courtney, Bob and Robin!
    -Cassie Karns Cornell
    June 3, 2011

Sent on 06/21/2011

Amanda · Married on 06/03/2011

We could not be any happier with the way my daughter's wedding turned out. Bob Ryan and Columbia Station and ALL the staff were wonderful to work with and followed through with absolutely everything they promised. The food was great and the venue is absolutely awesome. We had the ceremony outside in the garden area on a beautiful day in June and it was just so special. We have gotten so many compliments on the ceremony and our choice of venues. I would HIGHLY recommend Bob Ryan and his staff, as well as Columbia Station. Special thanks to Robin, our event coordinator!

Sent on 06/21/2011

Lisa · Married on 03/19/2011

Robert Ryan is a fantastic catering company. The food selections, first of all are so numerous it was really easy to decide what to serve because there were so many options. The head chef, and a great majority of their staff are always attending seminars and trainings in order to bring the best to their events. They also take into consideration the time of season and provide options that would fit every event theme. The quality of their food and the way it is prepared is beyond words. I made sure to eat on the night of my wedding (as difficult as it was at times with guests wanting to talk) because the food tasted so great. We have heard nothing but compliments from our guests as well on what a fantastic job Robert Ryan did with the food preparation and the service. There were times in the room where the bridal party was waiting while having cocktail hour, when they made specific requests for hor'devours and they were brought out right away. All of the staff were dress exquisitely and the day of the event coordinator was fantastic, Alia. She made sure every detail was perfect. She also checked in with me as events were to take place to make sure I was ready to do them, like cut the cake, toss the bouquet and such. This is a wonderful company and everyone is extremely friendly and kind!

Sent on 04/26/2011

Brittney · Married on 01/07/2011

The Columbia Station is a beautiful, eloquent venue. To top it off Robert Ryan Catering is wonderful!! They are very attentive to every need you have. The food is amazing and the staff is so helpful with everything. I would recommend this facility and Robert Ryan to any bride!

Sent on 01/13/2011

Daniel · Married on 12/31/2010

We could not be happier with our wedding, which includes both the food and location at Columbia Station. They were great to work with and threw an even better event. After searching high and low for the right place and the right price, we found a gold mine. Not many places had a better price, and those that did, certainly did not have the ambience and quality of food that Columbia Station had to offer. I would recomend it to anyone.

Sent on 01/04/2011

Bridget · Married on 12/03/2010

I cannot say enough about how wonderful Robert Ryan was to work with. I had a very specific vision for our reception and they executed it even better than I could have imagined. They worked with us to create a menu that we wanted - even though some of the dishes were new to them. They did everything they could to make sure we were happy. They set up all of the centerpieces, a candy buffet, dessert table, and tons of extras perfectly - they were like a caterer and wedding coordinator in one! Throughout the planning process they were extremely responsive and open to all of our ideas. Angela and the rest of her day of team were amazing. They found us outside (in the freezing cold) while we were taking pictures to being us appetizers and drinks. And the food was beyond amazing. Our photographers said it was the best food they have had at a wedding in a long time - and they go to a lot of weddings! We are just sad we didn't get a chance to taste more of it now. People are still raving about how wonderful everything was. We just wish we could go back for a tasting now to try everything we missed that night. The entire Robert Ryan staff was a joy to work with and they made our reception everything we imagined and more!

Sent on 01/27/2011

Kristy · Married on 11/13/2010

RR is extremely professional- you can leave everything to them, and trust that your wedding day will be all you dreamed of. The food was amazing, the venue was gorgeous, and everyone had the best time ever- thank you for all the memories, Robert Ryan Catering!

Sent on 08/09/2011

Stephanie · Married on 10/29/2010

Our October 29th wedding ceremony and reception with Robert Ryan Catering at their venue, Columbia Station was the happiest day of our lives. From the moment we arrived (an hour before ceremony) we were treated with the utmost respect and professionalism. Everything was perfectly set up, just the way my husband and I had envisioned. Our event was run like a tight ship. Everything went smoothly...again, just as we had hoped. Details were first class! The food was wonderful as were the ever flowing drinks. Our assigned day of coordinator, Alia, was as best as they come. I felt so relieved knowing she was running everything and I could relax and thoroughly enjoy myself. She's definitely a keeper. And who wouldn't love working with the Robert Ryan family? Everyone was a pleasure to work with and answered all of our questions leading up to our day.
    Our guests are still calling and emailing telling us it was the best reception they have ever been to. I would relive this day a million times over and I each time I would have our event with Robert Ryan. I'm really going to miss my communication(s) with them. They will always hold a special for my husband and me. If you don't go there and see for yourself, you're missing out.

Sent on 11/09/2010

Liz · Married on 10/15/2010

My fiance Brendan and I spent months looking for the perfect caterer for our October 15th wedding at The Merion Tribute House. From the first phone call I made to Robert Ryan Catering they were nothing less than the best. Our first tasting was completely impressive and our final product was amazing, piping hot and beautiful. All of our wedding guests have complimented on how organized our seated dinner was, the servers knew who every person was at each table and what they were having for dinner.

Finally, after doing our research regarding other caterers you definitely get way more for your money from Robert Ryan.

Lastly, the entire Ryan Family made us feel like a family member, not just a customer. They did everything to make our day perfect!

I highly recommend

Sent on 11/01/2010

Kelli · Married on 09/25/2010

I have had 2 events catered by Robert Ryan and they have both been absolutely perfect. Both events were off-site. Their professionalism and perfectionism really showed through and made my wedding day perfect. They made sure everything was perfect so I didn't have to worry about anything. And they were also very fair on price. The value we received was incredible!

Sent on 01/16/2011
  • kod2be

Keira · Married on 09/24/2010

Everyone at Robert Ryan Catering was an absolute delight to work with! They were open to all ideas I had and offered plenty of great ideas as well! The food was phenomenal! Our guests couldn't stop talking about how great everything was and we couldn't have agreed more! Stephanie was always available to answer questions I had a give suggestions if I was unsure about something.

Thank you for making our wedding day such a hit!

Sent on 09/25/2010

Erin · Married on 09/18/2010

Not only did Robert Ryan Catering at Columbia Station make our day seamless, but the whole planning process was easy and direct. There was no "fine print" or gimmicks, and they made sure to create a day that reflected who we are as a couple. Julie was our day-of person and she rocked it! I had no worries the whole day because I knew we were in good hands. We did stations with delicious interactive food and our guests loved it all (especially after the wedding when we got to chow down on the leftovers)! We received so many compliments on everything and owe so much to RRC. They are a family owned business and we felt like family. THANK YOU!

Sent on 09/26/2010

Meredith · Married on 09/05/2010

Robert Ryan Catering is wonderful. They were easy to work with, responsive, and professional. Our wedding day exceeded our expectations and everything went smoothly.

Sent on 09/23/2010

Christin · Married on 08/22/2010

Since I work for this company, I have very positive feelings towards Robert Ryan Catering AND I have the inside scoop. I have been working for Bob Ryan since I was fifteen so of course, when it was my turn to get married, I couldn't think of any other caterer to hire for the wedding. Bob was my official sales person but I can honestly say that everyone in the company was available for me to talk to about my wedding. Any time I called, e-mailed, or just stopped in with a question, I got the answers that I needed right away. Robert Ryan Catering made my planning smooth and stress free. Bob really works with what the bride and groom want, supplementing the sample menus with any ideas or wants that the client has. The staff was kind and very professional. My parents were raving about how smoothly the event flowed from the ceremony to the cocktail hour, all through dinner and dancing. I have worked hundreds of weddings as waitstaff for this company, and yet RRC made my wedding unique and special, fitting our personality and style. This company truly and personally cares about making your wedding perfect. I woudln't recommend anyone else!

Sent on 09/13/2010